Did You Seriously Nerf Insta-heals?

Insta heals got nerfed because of whiny killers but the Nurse update is bad huh? How about this READ THE ADDONS THEY ARE RIDICULOUS WITH CERTAIN BUILDS. Those complaining about Nurses being "nerfed" are usually the trash players and Nurse mains are dancing in Joy because they got some serious add-ons now that they can use to destroy a four man team. Yet Insta heals got nerfed and not a single thread on that huh? In that case get rid of Noed get rid of insta downs, get rid of anything that insta downs a survivors since we can't have our medkits. If that's the case that's more of this fanbase gone already. Pathetic.

Comments

  • @siyke26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751194#Comment_751194

    Why do so many killer mains get so intensely salty about GGEZ I only ask because all you guys use that as some excuse to Mori every game you go into and to complain about survivors. If survivors stomp you that's you not their items killers have so many things at their disposal that they can counter everything a survivor has same can not be said about other way round.


    Who said I was a killer main?

    A killer actually has to hook someone, you know? Or is there some hidden technique I am missing.

    Insta-heal- I just had to tap someone’s back to get its effect- or to save myself in a BS trolllollol chase with even a good killer player with all my second chance perks.


    How is a killer meant to down someone to hook them for a mori if they can’t down someone- especially if it’s a sweatfest scum team that plays tag with you all round long- while their dinky pals sit comfortably with their toolboxes, blitzing gens before you even have time to think ? Xx

  • Okay everyone! Please keep it civil!

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751110#Comment_751110

    Killers are the power role.

    Any Killer who doesn't feel any power... is just bad at the game or being outplayed by survivors.

    Everytime I see a killer main talk about how survivors are the power role, I just laugh because they just admitted they are bad at the game.

    Not really. Almost every killer can only punish survivor mistakes, with exception of 2 (and maybe billy, but that's a strong maybe), and those are the ones survivor mains always complain about. They are getting nurse nerfed, so I will not be surprised if they target Spirit next (which some are already doing).

    Survivors control the chase, the length of the game, and how many points the killer can get (for both emblems and BPs). They essentially dictate if the killer can have fun or not.

    I play both equally, but find myself having to defend killers more because they get the short end of the stick with a lot of things. Sure, survivors have been nerfed over time, but did you see what it was like in 2016? That stuff was ridiculous. You cannot justify it.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751260#Comment_751260

    Not really. Almost every killer can only punish survivor mistakes, with exception of 2 (and maybe billy, but that's a strong maybe), and those are the ones survivor mains always complain about. They are getting nurse nerfed, so I will not be surprised if they target Spirit next (which some are already doing).

    Survivors control the chase, the length of the game, and how many points the killer can get (for both emblems and BPs). They essentially dictate if the killer can have fun or not.

    I play both equally, but find myself having to defend killers more because they get the short end of the stick with a lot of things. Sure, survivors have been nerfed over time, but did you see what it was like in 2016? That stuff was ridiculous. You cannot justify it.

    To support this, Take a look at this video!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fkX3H84SE

    This is what it was like when I started playing. I think we are doing ALOT better now.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746007#Comment_746007

    Ebony moris on their own are not unbalanced. It's the killer's choice how to use them, and is the one offering that gives them the power role, since survivors can't afford to make mistakes for once.

    No, they are horribly unbalanced. It is not very hard to tunnel each person down and EM. You don't have to be any good at all as killer to kill everyone pretty quickly. That is not balanced.

    I think most of the killers I've talked to agree that EM is horribly imbalanced and overall bad for the game.

    EDIT

    I forgot to comment on "the power role". If you need EM to claim the power role, you are a bad killer. I can count on one hand how many matches I've had in the past year where I was not the power role. I don't play a top tier killer either. I play Trapper mostly. Do I get matches vs good SWF where they all escape? Yes, it is rare, but happens. But, during those matches, I have 5 to 6 hooks, and keep them on the run. I don't have those often, most of the time I easily 3 to 4k.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751277#Comment_751277

    To support this, Take a look at this video!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fkX3H84SE

    This is what it was like when I started playing. I think we are doing ALOT better now.

    That is exactly what I was referencing. Since I joined after Clown was released, this evidence was crucial to any recent argument about balance.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751110#Comment_751110

    No, they are horribly unbalanced. It is not very hard to tunnel each person down and EM. You don't have to be any good at all as killer to kill everyone pretty quickly. That is not balanced.

    I think most of the killers I've talked to agree that EM is horribly imbalanced and overall bad for the game.

    Sure it's not hard to do that, but that's an action by the killer, not a result of the offering. I'm sure you'd complain a lot more if a killer had to perform the animation when they approached a survivor on the ground after first hook. The killer wouldn't have a choice, the survivor wouldn't have fun, and there would be a lot more resentment about it.

    It's all a choice by the killer in the end.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751298#Comment_751298

    Sure it's not hard to do that, but that's an action by the killer, not a result of the offering. I'm sure you'd complain a lot more if a killer had to perform the animation when they approached a survivor on the ground after first hook. The killer wouldn't have a choice, the survivor wouldn't have fun, and there would be a lot more resentment about it.

    It's all a choice by the killer in the end.

    By your account of things, there is no unbalanced ability or addon. It is all up to whether you use it. So survivors could have a shotgun offering to kill the killer and it only counts if they choose to use it. LOL. No, that is not how it works. Try again

  • So you're upset that you now can't completely erase the killer's progress anymore or cheaply stall out a chase with a quick insta heal whilst they're breaking a pallet how will you manage.


    This is coming from a console player I play Xbox One if you needed to rely on insta heals to help you win then you probably want a good survivor to begin with

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751110#Comment_751110

    No, they are horribly unbalanced. It is not very hard to tunnel each person down and EM. You don't have to be any good at all as killer to kill everyone pretty quickly. That is not balanced.

    I think most of the killers I've talked to agree that EM is horribly imbalanced and overall bad for the game.

    Hi! Insta heals needed to get dialed down! A dev said it earlier in this topic and honestly, as people are so fond of saying "If you need EM to be in a power role you are a bad killer..." Well if you need an instant heal you are a bad survivor! Turn about is fair play!

    Be that as it is, if you are really unhappy, maybe you should take a break to relax from it abit?

  • @Volfawott said:

    So you're upset that you now can't completely erase the killer's progress anymore or cheaply stall out a chase with a quick insta heal whilst they're breaking a pallet how will you manage.

    This is coming from a console player I play Xbox One if you needed to rely on insta heals to help you win then you probably want a good survivor to begin with

    How would you feel about instaheals you can use only on other survivors?

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751321#Comment_751321

    How would you feel about instaheals you can use only on other survivors?

    That was my biggest problem with insta heals. You using it on yourself mid chase was annoying enough but you completely resetting my progress when I down a survivor is above aggravating

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751379#Comment_751379

    That was my biggest problem with insta heals. You using it on yourself mid chase was annoying enough but you completely resetting my progress when I down a survivor is above aggravating

    I can understand your point of view but for me it is the opposite: healing another survivor up requires coordination and therefore I find that less annoying.

    What do you think about an instaheal that can only be used on other survivors and heals only one health state (from downed to injured for example), and maybe additionally applies Deep Wounds?

  • Yeah, but Quentin perk Pharmacy gives you a green med kit, so it's a big nerf to a weak perk also.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751458#Comment_751458

    Yeah, but Quentin perk Pharmacy gives you a green med kit, so it's a big nerf to a weak perk also.

    Okay, that is a fair point.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/745851#Comment_745851

    Moris are only toxic if people use them as such. Adding conditions will only limit them, since they are the "Let the killer have their fun" offering.

    Why are you talking about toxic? Mori is op, so was instaheal. The difference is, as you say, mori can be toxic tho, insta not really. Also, mori is definitly more broken then Instaheal

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751159#Comment_751159

    Same with Instablinds, DS, BT, and all other second chance perks? Also Keys? Killers have far fewer of those. It's not like there are perks that reward killers for playing badly.

    That is true. I still think they were mostly used toxically. I had no issue with the concept, just execution. That's definitely an argument to be made.

    Not true, if a bad killer brings an ebony and never catches anyone, then the mori was wasted, wasn't it? It's the same as bringing an instaheal but losing it to a Franklins...

    No, but think about it for higher ranks with those that know how to abuse them to their full. It's not a fun experience. It's not a fun experience for a new killer too, since they have just secured a chase then are expected to do it again... then they experience locker DS's for the first time...

    It just seems a little one sided what you're arguing for. Killers take on so much survivor sh*t, especially with all of the second chance perks and items, then they can't have a little fun with one offering? Seems like entitlement to me.

    So it sounds to me that expert players get to ruin things for those who need a little which is probably the majority because your not going to tell me that 51% of the survivor player base is rank 1 toxicity professionals because even though I hit rank 1 doesn't mean I am a pro by any means and I play with low ranks 90% of the time and all the insta heal did for us would allow us one more hit when on of made a mistake. So because in the end high toxic people did something punish everyone with that in mind shouldn't ebony moris be nerfed due the high rank toxic killers who only run just to deny survivors points and to taunt and belittle us along with a git gud at end after proxy camping and tunneling the unhooked. Just saying fair is fair.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751223#Comment_751223

    Can you give examples?

    Also to pre guess you

    Keys = Moris

    What kind of examples do you want?

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751203#Comment_751203

    Well, if you look at the threads there are ALOT of complaining on both sides! I wont say one is more than the other, but it's rampant on both sides! Point not made!

    I wish you could play with me! Cause I don't say any of those things and barely Slug... let alone Tunnel or Camp! I never do those!

    Also, I've had quite a few people (like 80%) use instaheals in my matches! Maybe its an Xbox thing to not use them much?

    Would you like to see all the survivors telling Killers to suck it cause Nurse got nerfed? Go look at a few threads!

    Welcome to the forums as well! I hope you can get a good even keel here and realize we are here to give good feedback to the Devs! Have fun and try not to take anyone too serious! If they do something serious, just report it! Thank you for staying mostly Civil!

    Your welcome I do my best to not cause a ruckus and I censor myself a lot compared to what I am thinking. But I have a opinions like everyone here and my biggest problem was with all the posts I have read not saying I have went through them obviously not doing that but the more recent ones I have tried to keep up on and all I have seen is killer mains trying to get survivors put down. I play with my wife every night after my son goes to sleep kinda the one thing we do together so we play survivors together and we get stomped 90% of the time just to be followed up by a git gud and other less appropriate things so when I see killers wanting to take away things that may even the odds even slightest bit it's irritating to say the least I understand that more competent players may use those advantages to be toxic but those are small number. They stand out because we like to remember the bad only. Think about how many killer games you had then think about how many players in that 4 man lobby did or said something toxic even if you have one every game that's still only 25% but I doubt you you have it every game you that drops drastically. But people remember the annoying more than the silent.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751298#Comment_751298

    Hi! Insta heals needed to get dialed down! A dev said it earlier in this topic and honestly, as people are so fond of saying "If you need EM to be in a power role you are a bad killer..." Well if you need an instant heal you are a bad survivor! Turn about is fair play!

    Be that as it is, if you are really unhappy, maybe you should take a break to relax from it abit?

    I did not disagree about insta heals being nerfed. I disagree with nerfing them while leaving ebony mori in place. It creates too large of a gap.

  • Considering that Keys are still a thing, I'd say the gap as a result of nerfing Styptic/Syringe is not as large as you allege.

  • @siyke26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751213#Comment_751213

    Your welcome I do my best to not cause a ruckus and I censor myself a lot compared to what I am thinking. But I have a opinions like everyone here and my biggest problem was with all the posts I have read not saying I have went through them obviously not doing that but the more recent ones I have tried to keep up on and all I have seen is killer mains trying to get survivors put down. I play with my wife every night after my son goes to sleep kinda the one thing we do together so we play survivors together and we get stomped 90% of the time just to be followed up by a git gud and other less appropriate things so when I see killers wanting to take away things that may even the odds even slightest bit it's irritating to say the least I understand that more competent players may use those advantages to be toxic but those are small number. They stand out because we like to remember the bad only. Think about how many killer games you had then think about how many players in that 4 man lobby did or said something toxic even if you have one every game that's still only 25% but I doubt you you have it every game you that drops drastically. But people remember the annoying more than the silent.

    of course! I understand that! That's why you see people from both sides being upset. But the thing to remember is this is a game for fun. If it ever gets unfun, just take some time to do something that is. That's what I do with it!

  • The many counters you say Killers have! While you are at it, you could make a list of counters that survivors have for Killer! Would be an interesting read for both sides!

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747025#Comment_747025

    See that's the problem. You're thinking as if there was only one survivor when there is actually 4. If very experienced survivors were to run insta heals they can make loops longer than they should be which gives survivors more time to pump through gens. If it was one survivor then that's fine imo , but this game has 4 survivors per trial which means the possibility of having 4 insta heals in one game. Rare but completely unfair.

    I'm surprised nobody is complaining about getting heal tech'd with a needle , if you time it right you can insta heal yourself at the same time you're getting smacked and go from dying to fully healed with the Sprint burst from being hit to run away

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/752225#Comment_752225

    The many counters you say Killers have! While you are at it, you could make a list of counters that survivors have for Killer! Would be an interesting read for both sides!

    I will get to you on that when I have more time to elaborate.

  • @siyke26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/752827#Comment_752827

    I will get to you on that when I have more time to elaborate.

    Go for it! I am curious as to both sides though! Please do counters for both!

  • I wish they would've left the insta-heals in place and increased the rarity on the bloodweb or something. The new insta feels useless, especially with Inner Strength as a perk.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751310#Comment_751310

    By your account of things, there is no unbalanced ability or addon. It is all up to whether you use it. So survivors could have a shotgun offering to kill the killer and it only counts if they choose to use it. LOL. No, that is not how it works. Try again

    Omegablink, Locker DS, the old Frank's Mixtape + Stab Wounds Study... there have been a lot of unbalanced things. Two of those examples have been taken out of the game, and I'm all for it. But think about all of the "fun" things survivors can use:

    All exhaustion perks.

    Keys.

    Instaheals (which are being fixed, like omegablink).

    Second chance perks (Second wind, Deliverance, Unbreakable, DS, BT, Adrenaline).

    These are all ways survivors can make fun situations for themselves, but the killer has to use certain killers just to stand a chance at higher ranks. Then they have to use ruin to make sure they are able to stand a chance.

    If that shotgun was added like your example, I'd be all against it because it's not balanced. Moris are because for every 1 game with a mori, you'll probably get 10 games where you escape. It's not common and it leaves no room for error on the survivor part, which is what survivors hate, because it takes more skill in that case.

  • @Valla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751106#Comment_751106

    Why are you talking about toxic? Mori is op, so was instaheal. The difference is, as you say, mori can be toxic tho, insta not really. Also, mori is definitly more broken then Instaheal

    Yeah, but how often do you actually face a mori? They're not common at all. I never said moris themselves (as in the offering itself) are toxic. I said toxic people use them in the worst way. Don't nerf the offering just because you got morid once. (My same argument for the reason why Nurse basekit shouldn't be nerfed just because some used omegablink).

    Instas could literally reset all the progress a killer has made, and I've seen countless survivors instas and be completely toxic, while I've only seen a handful of toxic killers use moris.

    Besides, if you want to kill all 4 with a mori, it takes much more skill than to use an instaheal or key.

  • @Kasaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747106#Comment_747106

    I'm surprised nobody is complaining about getting heal tech'd with a needle , if you time it right you can insta heal yourself at the same time you're getting smacked and go from dying to fully healed with the Sprint burst from being hit to run away

    I don't think I've ever ran into this before :O

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751317#Comment_751317

    Omegablink, Locker DS, the old Frank's Mixtape + Stab Wounds Study... there have been a lot of unbalanced things. Two of those examples have been taken out of the game, and I'm all for it. But think about all of the "fun" things survivors can use:

    All exhaustion perks.

    Keys.

    Instaheals (which are being fixed, like omegablink).

    Second chance perks (Second wind, Deliverance, Unbreakable, DS, BT, Adrenaline).

    These are all ways survivors can make fun situations for themselves, but the killer has to use certain killers just to stand a chance at higher ranks. Then they have to use ruin to make sure they are able to stand a chance.

    If that shotgun was added like your example, I'd be all against it because it's not balanced. Moris are because for every 1 game with a mori, you'll probably get 10 games where you escape. It's not common and it leaves no room for error on the survivor part, which is what survivors hate, because it takes more skill in that case.

    I'd be agaisnt it as well, but I'm also against swinging this game in either direction.

  • Killers have NO second chance perk except for like NOED.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Killers have NO second chance perk except for like NOED.

    Even then, it can be deactivated before it's activated.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/745741#Comment_745741

    It's not the offering, but how it's used. If a killer never catches anyone, then it won't matter, will it?

    Moris just take away your ability to make mistakes, and I find that's what survivors are mad about most.

    LOL How else do you use a Mori? Hook, Tunnel, Delete is how I always see it used. And what mistake is that? Maybe if you're super immersed, you won't ever get seen or caught. That still doesn't address the fact that a single offering can eliminate 67% of the objective for every participant. Nothing Survivors have offer that level of compelling power.

  • @StupidButTru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/745483#Comment_745483

    So what will be done about killer with insta down capabilities? You mean to tell me insta heals were too much but leatherface with easy cool downs, is perfectly balanced. Did you even think of how this effects console players at the very least considering they aren't on the same level as PC?

    Dude did you just call Leatherface OP?

  • They got banned! They (and another) were going around trying to stir up drama and then compared the game to... Well i'm not going there! But don't expect an answer!

  • Filthy survivor main here! The insta heal “nerf” is fine. Y’all are just being overly dramatic

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/745483#Comment_745483

    Curious why did the team think that MOM should be able to get multiple uses when the players cant even get it to activate?

    lol

    I've activated it many times. Taking hits while a survivor was being carried was the easiest way to gain charges, bail, repeat. The perk honestly asks for aggro altruistic plays.

  • The styptic agent I was always fine with, and that one could have honestly stayed, but yes, the syringe needed to be changed hard. Ending a very long chase with a survivor only to have said survivor get hit with a syringe, walking away no trouble is a huge waste of time on the killer and one of the most infuriating things to deal with. Sayonara OP med add-on!

  • Instead of all the nerfs can we not just buff the underperforming killers? The dev's take so long to look at killers when they could change small number values on the weaker killers every patch until they come into line with some of the stronger killers. I would rather see stronger killers than weaker survivors. I used to like to punish slugging with a needle, r.i.p that lol. I understand that some of the survivor things make the weaker m1 killers suck to play but why not just buff them?

  • @Peanits said:

    Yes, we did. They were far too powerful and didn't take any planning or skill to use. Any time you got hit, you could use it to get a free health state. You could even use a syringe after the killer downs a survivor to completely negate the entire chase and reset them back to healthy. It was definitely too much.

    No offense but he kinda has a point when comparing this to insta downs. You have perks like Rancor which literally require nothing to activate and negate any progress the obsession has made towards surviving and guaranteeing them a loss now im not saying nerf rancor but insta downs and insta heals are in the same boat of they both require 0 skill except insta downs are much more common and even built into some killers base kits while insta heals arent.

  • @silverwolf4455 said:

    Instead of all the nerfs can we not just buff the underperforming killers? The dev's take so long to look at killers when they could change small number values on the weaker killers every patch until they come into line with some of the stronger killers. I would rather see stronger killers than weaker survivors. I used to like to punish slugging with a needle, r.i.p that lol. I understand that some of the survivor things make the weaker m1 killers suck to play but why not just buff them?

    *cries in Legion main*

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/745506#Comment_745506

    Right, so self-healing going from like 12 seconds to 30 seconds is a "paper-nerf"

    Window vaults getting auto-blocked is a "paper-nerf"

    Utterly gutting MoM is a "paper-nerf."

    The entire Endgame Collapse mechanic is a "paper-nerf."

    Get over yourself. These are huge, game-changing nerfs and are not "diluted" any more than Killer nerfs.

    Is there any point me answering this if you've already made it clear you aren't going to listen?

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/752032#Comment_752032

    Yeah, but how often do you actually face a mori? They're not common at all. I never said moris themselves (as in the offering itself) are toxic. I said toxic people use them in the worst way. Don't nerf the offering just because you got morid once. (My same argument for the reason why Nurse basekit shouldn't be nerfed just because some used omegablink).

    Instas could literally reset all the progress a killer has made, and I've seen countless survivors instas and be completely toxic, while I've only seen a handful of toxic killers use moris.

    Besides, if you want to kill all 4 with a mori, it takes much more skill than to use an instaheal or key.

    We might play a different game, if you really think a mori is not as common as insta heal. For the record, the last 3 out of 5 games were against a mori, 2x red tho.

    A insta can buy the survivor more time if used well, a mori is completly destroying them. Think about it, you only need 1 hook instead of 3. It even counters DS, BT and other defensive Perks. I really dont see how a mori is not more op then Insta heal.

    Sure, if the killer is playing "fair" and uses his mori after 2nd hook, then it would be alright, but lets be honest, who does that?

  • @Valla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/752927#Comment_752927

    We might play a different game, if you really think a mori is not as common as insta heal. For the record, the last 3 out of 5 games were against a mori, 2x red tho.

    A insta can buy the survivor more time if used well, a mori is completly destroying them. Think about it, you only need 1 hook instead of 3. It even counters DS, BT and other defensive Perks. I really dont see how a mori is not more op then Insta heal.

    Sure, if the killer is playing "fair" and uses his mori after 2nd hook, then it would be alright, but lets be honest, who does that?

    How does a Mori counter Borrowed Time?

  • Sometimes devs, you just need to lock a thread.

  • Sorry i ment unbreakable.

    Also great against any oldschool sabo builds tho, even they are not common anymore.

  • @Mushwin said:

    Sometimes devs, you just need to lock a thread.

    @ someone if you think it should be.

  • Just 11 pages now and it just seems it should be now.

1 … 4 5 6 7