RIP red rank diversity

with the looks of the nurse rework I got to say one thing. red ranks will be fun having 90% of games be spirit now. at least before it was a combination of nurse and spirit but now? it will just be 90% spirit. GOOD JOB BHVR you made a red rank viable killer, UN-RED RANK VIABLE.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Don't worry, survivor's tears will get spirit nerfed and all will be balanced again.

  • @cetruzzo said:

    Don't worry, survivor's tears will get spirit nerfed and all will be balanced again.

    if that happens I will quite DBD

  • They came for Nurse and we said nothing.

    They came for Billy and I said nothing.

    Then they came for Spirit and nobody was left to save me.

  • I will continue playing LF and I face a big variety of killers at red ranks.

  • Spirit will be destroyed one day, don't worry


    You will t bag to every killer in the future

  • On console here, but rarely see nurses at all and don't see spirit as much as people claim. I see Billy quite a bit. Lately (last 25 games or so) I've seen more Michael and Ghost Face than anyone else.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I will continue playing LF and I face a big variety of killers at red ranks.

    Which is fine. But this doesn't have anything to do with players having not a lot of choices when it comes to who to play against squad teams.

  • @arslaN said:

    Poor killers, victims all the time. So sad :(

    We all understand the game isn't balanced. That being said, when SWF can destroy 90% of killers why can't we have ONE, SIGULAR killer who TAKES EFFORT AND SKILL to destroy a team be?

    You play killer at red rank and enjoy the tbag after every loop and pallet buddy. It's not fun being bullied by 4 people who are supposed to be running from you.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742092#Comment_742092

    Which is fine. But this doesn't have anything to do with players having not a lot of choices when it comes to who to play against squad teams.

    We have 17 choices against squads teams, you just can’t win every game. (Nobody plays perfectly before anyone mentions it)

  • @arslaN said:

    Poor killers, victims all the time. So sad :(

    Killers? Poor survivors! Yhey have nothing to rely on! Just squads, broken maps and fun perks


    Nurse was alaways the biggest problem, for real

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742088#Comment_742088

    We all understand the game isn't balanced. That being said, when SWF can destroy 90% of killers why can't we have ONE, SIGULAR killer who TAKES EFFORT AND SKILL to destroy a team be?

    You play killer at red rank and enjoy the tbag after every loop and pallet buddy. It's not fun being bullied by 4 people who are supposed to be running from you.

    I play killer at red ranks. Don't let yourself get bullied then. I can easily deal with swf with nurse and spirit and maybe even freddy. Billy is also viable but I can't play him at all.

    Balancing the game around the small majority of players isn't a good idea. Solo's are the vast majority of players.

    Nurse doesn't make much skill to learn at all. I learned her in like 5 matches after watching a couple of videos.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742112#Comment_742112

    We have 17 choices against squads teams, you just can’t win every game. (Nobody plays perfectly before anyone mentions it)

    You don't have 17 choices at red rank, you have maybe 4. 3 now with Nurse going in the dumpster.

  • @arslaN said:

    Poor killers, victims all the time. So sad :(

    We are victims. Do you not understand that swf wrecks any killer that isn't the top tier at red ranks?

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742135#Comment_742135

    You don't have 17 choices at red rank, you have maybe 4. 3 now with Nurse going in the dumpster.

    I wasn’t aware that being in red ranks prevented you from playing 14 of the killers, I’ve been playing LF,Trapper and Wraith just fine.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742145#Comment_742145

    I wasn’t aware that being in red ranks prevented you from playing 14 of the killers, I’ve been playing LF,Trapper and Wraith just fine.

    You not experiencing the toxic wave of red ranks does not mean it isn't there. I personally have a majority of my games being sweat fests where I can't take a single relaxing moment because they are abusing every loop, wall, and pallet for every single second it's worth while gens go flying by in a minute tops if I'm not on them.

  • I see a ton of killer variety at rank 1 on PS4.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742160#Comment_742160

    You not experiencing the toxic wave of red ranks does not mean it isn't there. I personally have a majority of my games being sweat fests where I can't take a single relaxing moment because they are abusing every loop, wall, and pallet for every single second it's worth while gens go flying by in a minute tops if I'm not on them.

    I face these kinda groups too.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742145#Comment_742145

    I wasn’t aware that being in red ranks prevented you from playing 14 of the killers, I’ve been playing LF,Trapper and Wraith just fine.

    I'm just playing solely Trapper (still maxing his perks, whew O_O;;) and it's been ok.

    Currently hovering between 5-4 without anything too crazy being thrown my way.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742088#Comment_742088

    We are victims. Do you not understand that swf wrecks any killer that isn't the top tier at red ranks?

    Like I keep saying, you can't balance a game around 5% of players. This game isn't a competitive game. It's a casual game.

    The " devs never care about us, survivors always win" types of things are getting tiring at this point.

    @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742088#Comment_742088

    Killers? Poor survivors! Yhey have nothing to rely on! Just squads, broken maps and fun perks

    Nurse was alaways the biggest problem, for real

    The biggest problem is the amount of weak killers. One killer being broken isn't any better than a killer being weak in my opinion

  • @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742088#Comment_742088

    Killers? Poor survivors! Yhey have nothing to rely on! Just squads, broken maps and fun perks

    Nurse was alaways the biggest problem, for real

    SWF, insta heals, Haddonfield, infinites, un-mindgameable pallets, keys, insta heals, gen rushing, tons of pallets. O YES POOR SURVIVORS WOE IS THEM!

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742145#Comment_742145

    I wasn’t aware that being in red ranks prevented you from playing 14 of the killers, I’ve been playing LF,Trapper and Wraith just fine.

    It gets to a point where you can't do a single thing through no fault of your own. Leatherface and Wraith have no ability beyond the 115% to get downs without high-rarity addons. Even then, their down game is very bad. With most maps, when a survivor knows what they are doing, you cannot down them quick enough to get a hold on the game. You can't do anything.

    On the other token, there are killers that can do something. You can't just state "You can use all killers" when it is a fact that most of them can't do a single thing against halfway decent players. No amount of skill will let you win.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742160#Comment_742160

    I'm just playing solely Trapper (still maxing his perks, whew O_O;;) and it's been ok.

    Currently hovering between 5-4 without anything too crazy being thrown my way.

    Trapper is a lot of fun :) I’ve gotta upgrade Plague, demo and ghostface for their perks.

  • There are those of us who play a rotation of non-big 3 at red ranks on PC. We're out there chugging along.

  • @Financial_Stability said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742160#Comment_742160

    It gets to a point where you can't do a single thing through no fault of your own. Leatherface and Wraith have no ability beyond the 115% to get downs without high-rarity addons. Even then, their down game is very bad. With most maps, when a survivor knows what they are doing, you cannot down them quick enough to get a hold on the game. You can't do anything.

    On the other token, there are killers that can do something. You can't just state "You can use all killers" when it is a fact that most of them can't do a single thing against halfway decent players. No amount of skill will let you win.

    The LF add ons you’re talking about aren’t even high rarity, I could realistically use them every game, it isn’t a fact, if you can’t do anything against halfway decent survivors then the killer isn’t the problem.

    A lot of people seem to expect to kill fully decked out survivors without decking out themselves.

  • The SS Rank Killer for years is getting nerfed... that actually could create more diversity. She may no longer be god tier and some will leave her to play other picks.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742191#Comment_742191

    The LF add ons you’re talking about aren’t even high rarity, I could realistically use them every game, it isn’t a fact, if you can’t do anything against halfway decent survivors then the killer isn’t the problem.

    A lot of people seem to expect to kill fully decked out survivors without decking out themselves.

    And even when you deck out yourself, you can't win. Survivors against LF and Wraith specifically do not need to be decked out to assure their victory. If you do not see this problem then I implore you to take another look at what it means for a killer to be completely powerless.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742145#Comment_742145

    I wasn’t aware that being in red ranks prevented you from playing 14 of the killers, I’ve been playing LF,Trapper and Wraith just fine.

    Of course one can play Leatherface etc. when going into the match with the mindset "well, you can't win every game".

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742149#Comment_742149

    Like I keep saying, you can't balance a game around 5% of players. This game isn't a competitive game. It's a casual game.

    The " devs never care about us, survivors always win" types of things are getting tiring at this point.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742137#Comment_742137

    The biggest problem is the amount of weak killers. One killer being broken isn't any better than a killer being weak in my opinion

    Survivors mains won't allow buffs to weak killers. Even the Plague is getting a lot of complaint these days. Freddy is starting to get hate. None of them are in the save level of Spirit or Nurse... So, I guess nothing is perfect to survivors. They will always complain about anything. Nurse in my opinion was one of the hardest killer to learn and was in the same level of good teams. But yeah... Poor survivors.



  • RIP nurse

    You shall be missed.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    The SS Rank Killer for years is getting nerfed... that actually could create more diversity. She may no longer be god tier and some will leave her to play other picks.

    It won't create diversity. You're going to see almost exclusively Spirits, then Billy's, and just random killers after that. And when everyone gets bored of only being able to play Spirit there are a few things that could happen:

    1.)Killers derank so they can actually have fun and not sweat 24/7 and then lower rank survivors get even more upset than they are now (solo is bad but SWf is the devil)

    2.) Killers leave the game (I plan to if the changes are as bad as I think) and soon there won't be many killers on and those who do play won't want to get bullied for hours in a row and play less/quit

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742160#Comment_742160

    Of course one can play Leatherface etc. when going into the match with the mindset "well, you can't win every game".

    And you won’t, we make a lot of mistakes while playing and don’t always notice them, when I lose I often misplayed hard.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742247#Comment_742247

    It won't create diversity. You're going to see almost exclusively Spirits, then Billy's, and just random killers after that. And when everyone gets bored of only being able to play Spirit there are a few things that could happen:

    1.)Killers derank so they can actually have fun and not sweat 24/7 and then lower rank survivors get even more upset than they are now (solo is bad but SWf is the devil)

    2.) Killers leave the game (I plan to if the changes are as bad as I think) and soon there won't be many killers on and those who do play won't want to get bullied for hours in a row and play less/quit

    Oh my, you realize what you are saying is already the case for sweaty Killers. They'll play whatever the top 3-4 Killers are. Nurse being taken out (if she even is taken out) simply means Freddy or Hag may show more often for people who don't like Spirit or Billy.

    Same with Meta Perks for Survivors. You nerf them and new ones just fill the old shoes. Good thing most matches are not sweaty 4 man SWF groups. Can't say the same for Killers. Even Purple ranks is Spirit land even before the Nurse nerfs... cause she is easier to play for a large reward.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742266#Comment_742266

    And you won’t, we make a lot of mistakes while playing and don’t always notice them, when I lose I often misplayed hard.

    I understand we all play badly sometimes, but when you're not and you still lose because they knew where you were the entire game and could safely be doing 3 gens at any given moment without risk of being hit? That didn't invovle your skill, so what then?

    You HAVE to address the 5% of people who are so toxic and game-breaking. They ruin the game every single time for the killer they face and yet they're allowed to do it because boo-hoo we review bombed to get a mechanic the devs clearly didn't have in mind and have refused to balance for since.

  • @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742188#Comment_742188

    Survivors mains won't allow buffs to weak killers. Even the Plague is getting a lot of complaint these days. Freddy is starting to get hate. None of them are in the save level of Spirit or Nurse... So, I guess nothing is perfect to survivors. They will always complain about anything. Nurse in my opinion was one of the hardest killer to learn and was in the same level of good teams. But yeah... Poor survivors.

    I never saw any survivors not wanting buffs to weak killers. Of course there are the occasional survivors who just wants to bully killers. I don't think anyone will seriously think that buffing weak killers will be a bad thing.

    Are you playing on consoles? I really don't think that nurse is hard to learn on pc

  • Or maybe, just maybe, the killers used at red ranks are used because you can 4k so often with them, no matter how good the opposing team is. When people talk about Nurse and Spirit being the only two red ranks viable killers, I feel like the reason is because they can get 4ks most of their games. It can mean they are the only viable killers, but at this point, except for maybe on a few certain maps, I believe the reason is that they are a bit too powerful.

    This outcry is crazy. PTB hasn't even been out yet, and it will take many days before people can really tell if she was overnerfed or not. This nerf only allows survivors to break LOS for a bit longer, so it buffs their counterplay slightly. That shouldn't hurt Nurse too much in any way.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742282#Comment_742282

    I understand we all play badly sometimes, but when you're not and you still lose because they knew where you were the entire game and could safely be doing 3 gens at any given moment without risk of being hit? That didn't invovle your skill, so what then?

    You HAVE to address the 5% of people who are so toxic and game-breaking. They ruin the game every single time for the killer they face and yet they're allowed to do it because boo-hoo we review bombed to get a mechanic the devs clearly didn't have in mind and have refused to balance for since.

    Like I said, we make a lot of mistakes that we just don’t notice, or the survivors just play better.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Or maybe, just maybe, the killers used at red ranks are used because you can 4k so often with them, no matter how good the opposing team is. When people talk about Nurse and Spirit being the only two red ranks viable killers, I feel like the reason is because they can get 4ks most of their games. It can mean they are the only viable killers, but at this point, except for maybe on a few certain maps, I believe the reason is that they are a bit too powerful.

    This outcry is crazy. PTB hasn't even been out yet, and it will take many days before people can really tell if she was overnerfed or not. This nerf only allows survivors to break LOS for a bit longer, so it buffs their counterplay slightly. That shouldn't hurt Nurse too much in any way.

    survivors when playing at maximum potential or just close to it is even a hard game for nurse/spirit. also don't forget about the ranking system, to rank up as survivor you can die, get 2-3 saves, do a gen or 2, get chased just a little bit and you will AT LEAST black pip, probably pip. for killer? 3k and some 4ks are a black pip, unless you 3 hook every survivor, win every chase, not use killers like billy and plague (because chaser emblem is broken for them) you will not pip. 2k will be AT BEST a black pip but most of the time a depip. and this is NOT counting for people who DC which will affect it HEAVILY

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742306#Comment_742306

    survivors when playing at maximum potential or just close to it is even a hard game for nurse/spirit. also don't forget about the ranking system, to rank up as survivor you can die, get 2-3 saves, do a gen or 2, get chased just a little bit and you will AT LEAST black pip, probably pip. for killer? 3k and some 4ks are a black pip, unless you 3 hook every survivor, win every chase, not use killers like billy and plague (because chaser emblem is broken for them) you will not pip. 2k will be AT BEST a black pip but most of the time a depip. and this is NOT counting for people who DC which will affect it HEAVILY

    Rank doesn't mean anything in this game past like rank 10. It only shows how much you played that season.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742112#Comment_742112

    We have 17 choices against squads teams, you just can’t win every game. (Nobody plays perfectly before anyone mentions it)

    I want to see your LF against a sweaty 4man swf. I think that game would be a loose for you. Unfortunately.

  • There was diversity?

  • Red rank is already 90% Spirit though?

  • @GrootDude said:

    I will continue playing LF and I face a big variety of killers at red ranks.

    Yeah but we play on ps4 so.... we got that kinda life lol ahaha

  • @malloymk said:

    On console here, but rarely see nurses at all and don't see spirit as much as people claim. I see Billy quite a bit. Lately (last 25 games or so) I've seen more Michael and Ghost Face than anyone else.

    Omg it's that time of year.....I swear I'm going to end up puking because everyone plays fooking Michael every game🤢

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742073#Comment_742073

    They came for Nurse and we said nothing.

    They came for Billy and I said nothing.

    Then they came for Spirit and nobody was left to save me.

    This is the most true thing I've ever read on this forum.

    Well said.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Red rank is already 90% Spirit though?

    I think that's all ranks. She is a easy Killer with a strong position in the Tier list. Then give her a add on that is counter able by one perk that will be a easy slaughter for anyone not running that perk with Gen grabs... with a mostly naked Asian girl body as the design. I wonder who a lot of young, straight men are going to pick?

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742267#Comment_742267

    I never saw any survivors not wanting buffs to weak killers. Of course there are the occasional survivors who just wants to bully killers. I don't think anyone will seriously think that buffing weak killers will be a bad thing.

    Are you playing on consoles? I really don't think that nurse is hard to learn on pc

    You think? I saw 3 people today saying that Plague is toxic and needs a rework. Never in my life I thought someone would be able to complain against Plague.


    Yes, unfortunately. Nurse and Huntress are too difficult to use. Almost impossible. You can't really have control of your camera or movement.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Or maybe, just maybe, the killers used at red ranks are used because you can 4k so often with them, no matter how good the opposing team is. When people talk about Nurse and Spirit being the only two red ranks viable killers, I feel like the reason is because they can get 4ks most of their games. It can mean they are the only viable killers, but at this point, except for maybe on a few certain maps, I believe the reason is that they are a bit too powerful.

    This outcry is crazy. PTB hasn't even been out yet, and it will take many days before people can really tell if she was overnerfed or not. This nerf only allows survivors to break LOS for a bit longer, so it buffs their counterplay slightly. That shouldn't hurt Nurse too much in any way.

    Well, every killer wants 4k. Do you like to leave all of 3 injured survivors of your squad when you could just help them with bodyblock, borrowed or instaheals? Fun to me as a killer isn't the same to you as survivor. I'm sorry. Survivors never give up and killers should do the same. Nurse is good to deal with survivors because she has mobility, same to Spirit and Billy. The rest can't do the same without rely on OP add ons. That's why everyone loves Spirit and Nurse, it's not like they're afraid to work 2x more harder with M1 killers but the game itself has failures in favor of survivors and not everyone wants to deal with it.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742092#Comment_742092

    Yeah but we play on ps4 so.... we got that kinda life lol ahaha

    I still find a lot of good survivors though, I find bad and good survivors, it is just assumed that console players suck usually. :/

  • What even is this thread. The nurse needed her add-ons changed and I personally like how diverse her add-ons feel. They've made her:

    • Easier to learn for new players with her add-ons
    • Right distribution of add-ons
    • More diverse and interesting add-ons

    Spirit already has become the most played killer at red ranks so this change won't make any difference to that in my opinion. I personally find playing the same killer all the time boring so I have 7 or 8 who I like to play with.

    I agree with what @GrootDude was saying. Some games you just have to accept there was nothing you can do, you just won't win every single game. He plays leatherface, a killer who is considered weak yet does well with him. Old freddy was the perfect example of a killer who was considered bad, yet the freddy mains who knew how to play him could get 3/4 killers per game at red ranks easy.

    Now I will admit I've played games where the killer has destroyed us, yet maybe 2 or 3 of us escaped. Normally though that's because they made a mistake or two. Maybe he should have slugged at times, maybe he should have played less fair or maybe should have left that one survivor and chased someone weaker.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    What even is this thread. The nurse needed her add-ons changed and I personally like how diverse her add-ons feel. They've made her:

    • Easier to learn for new players with her add-ons
    • Right distribution of add-ons
    • More diverse and interesting add-ons

    Spirit already has become the most played killer at red ranks so this change won't make any difference to that in my opinion. I personally find playing the same killer all the time boring so I have 7 or 8 who I like to play with.

    I agree with what @GrootDude was saying. Some games you just have to accept there was nothing you can do, you just won't win every single game. He plays leatherface, a killer who is considered weak yet does well with him. Old freddy was the perfect example of a killer who was considered bad, yet the freddy mains who knew how to play him could get 3/4 killers per game at red ranks easy.

    Now I will admit I've played games where the killer has destroyed us, yet maybe 2 or 3 of us escaped. Normally though that's because they made a mistake or two. Maybe he should have slugged at times, maybe he should have played less fair or maybe should have left that one survivor and chased someone weaker.

    Precisely my point, we make mistakes that can very well cost us the match.

‹ 1 2 3