Consoles - Why do the Dev's not care

PS4, Lagging, frame drops, a match ends if playing survivor and the killer is immediately removed and shows as zero bloodpoints.

Bald heads

Kicks you out of lobbies

Stops searching for lobbies be itself


How much $$$ are the dev's getting from console players? I'd like to know. Are we just a cash cow while you only care about PC players?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I switched from PS4 to PC but I can empathize. The lack of concern they have shown for console players is not cool.

  • I would switch if I could transfer all the stuff I have purchased and all my character progress (All survivor but one at 50. 3 of them P3). Plus a number of 50 killers etc.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They don’t only care about pc players I play on Xbox and it looks fine the devs care about everybody PS4 is probably bugged

    But its ALWAYS bugged. Always issues. PC get all the priority

  • @Tensor said:

    I would switch if I could transfer all the stuff I have purchased and all my character progress (All survivor but one at 50. 3 of them P3). Plus a number of 50 killers etc.

    Yeah, I had to start from scratch again. Pretty painful.

  • A why you do this devz.

  • To be fair, no developers that make multi-platform games ever care about console players.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724055#Comment_724055

    when I play on Xbox I don’t see nothing wrong I played as Demogorgon and I don’t see any thing wrong the frame rate on Xbox I don’t see yes there are some bugs but it doesn’t effect me I see nothing wrong on Xbox

    I play DBD exclusively on Xbox and its pretty bad.

    devs, please look into console bugs.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    To be fair, no developers that make multi-platform games ever care about console players.

    Thats true. Well...they do when they console peasants stop buying cosmetics

  • I don't feel like they don't care, if you are having issues with the game and send a support ticket, they will sort out what they can right away. It's clear that PC gets the priority since this game originated from PC but things are probably a lot easier to manage from a PC perspective. It does come across like updates and patches aren't even tested on console with how unplayable and frustrating it can be at times and they can't push fixes out as fast as they could with PC since console requires all this certification mumbojumbo. God forbid PC gets a hotfix before console does, they always try to push updates/dlcs at the same time so we can feel equal.

    I can only hope they learn more and more about console specific bug issues and can alleviate them before more updates go out in the future so we can all have a much more pleasant experience.

  • @Tensor said:

    I would switch if I could transfer all the stuff I have purchased and all my character progress (All survivor but one at 50. 3 of them P3). Plus a number of 50 killers etc.

    Yeah, I would buy the PC version if I could carry over my account. I'm definitely not re-purchasing all that DLC. As is, with as buggy as it's been, I'm more likely to stop playing and putting money into the game altogether. I've already held back on buying the newest DLC; I bought the last few chapters on day one. The PS4 version is just... playing over the double BP weekend was frustrating. I constantly had to shut down and restart the game; I lost BP, XP, and time to all the relentless bugs. It's the least fun I've had during a double BP event so far.

  • You make me thing and I play on console - PS4 and PC- Nirto 5

  • Funny how they never address this

  • it’s so bad as a ps4 player. constantly waiting 30+ mins to get into a game and when you do, you disconnect as you load in

    another one is where you ready up, about to connect to a lobby then as it loads it just resets and you have to ready up and find another lobby straight away.

    hair glitch bugs as you said, multiple survivors go bald lol 😂, and not sure if i’ve seen mentioned on the forums but there is an EGC bug where it will just kill you randomly even though the timer is over 50%, i’ve had this happen multiple times the past few weeks.

    as much as i love the stranger things dlc as Nancy is my main, the devs really f’d up with the matchmaking and lobbies and it’s like we’re just going backwards and they’re trying to stuff in as many dlc as possible.

    all we can hope is next patch they fix it all and we get dedicated servers which will hopefully fix all this.

  • @danara said:

    it’s so bad as a ps4 player. constantly waiting 30+ mins to get into a game and when you do, you disconnect as you load in

    another one is where you ready up, about to connect to a lobby then as it loads it just resets and you have to ready up and find another lobby straight away.

    hair glitch bugs as you said, multiple survivors go bald lol 😂, and not sure if i’ve seen mentioned on the forums but there is an EGC bug where it will just kill you randomly even though the timer is over 50%, i’ve had this happen multiple times the past few weeks.

    as much as i love the stranger things dlc as Nancy is my main, the devs really f’d up with the matchmaking and lobbies and it’s like we’re just going backwards and they’re trying to stuff in as many dlc as possible.

    all we can hope is next patch they fix it all and we get dedicated servers which will hopefully fix all this.

    Yeah, the ready up thing is damn annoying

    The Hair glitch...the only good thing about this is that you can just keep playing as normal.

    Dedicated servers....the issue there is they keep saying it and saying it....but, I don't have a lot of faith in that.

    People not in the North America are just going to be shafted the same as most multiplayer games as the lag will increase

  • The lobby resetting when it's supposedly connecting to a match is really annoying. Who knows how much time that adds to the wait, having to queue up again.

    The hair glitch is weird, seeing characters suddenly go bald. I've also noticed that now Spirit's school girl hair glitches the way Kate's used to, where it bands across the screen. I've seen that while playing survivor against her.

    Everything they've done to the everyone's hair is so bad.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    The lobby resetting when it's supposedly connecting to a match is really annoying. Who knows how much time that adds to the wait, having to queue up again.

    The hair glitch is weird, seeing characters suddenly go bald. I've also noticed that now Spirit's school girl hair glitches the way Kate's used to, where it bands across the screen. I've seen that while playing survivor against her.

    Everything they've done to the everyone's hair is so bad.

    That hair glitch is on PC too, and has been since Ghostface broke the game.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724406#Comment_724406

    That hair glitch is on PC too, and has been since Ghostface broke the game.

    Really? Dang.

    All I know is that from the moment they started changing survivors' hair, it's gotten worse and worse. For everyone.

    I'm sorry, I'm still mourning the loss of Kate's beautiful face-framing curls that now just look like Farrah hair.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724411#Comment_724411

    Really? Dang.

    All I know is that from the moment they started changing survivors' hair, it's gotten worse and worse. For everyone.

    I'm sorry, I'm still mourning the loss of Kate's beautiful face-framing curls that now just look like Farrah hair.

    I’m still mourning her old P3 hair…

  • Oh god, me too. She was the first character in DbD I prestiged, just so I could get that head. Not long after, they changed it, and now I never use it. I actually just spent some shards to get her brunette hair so I could have something a little different.

    I want her old P3 head back so bad.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724436#Comment_724436

    Oh god, me too. She was the first character in DbD I prestiged, just so I could get that head. Not long after, they changed it, and now I never use it. I actually just spent some shards to get her brunette hair so I could have something a little different.

    I want her old P3 head back so bad.

    Kate used to have the best P3, sigh not anymore…

  • @Tensor said:

    PS4, Lagging, frame drops, a match ends if playing survivor and the killer is immediately removed and shows as zero bloodpoints.

    Bald heads

    Kicks you out of lobbies

    Stops searching for lobbies be itself

    How much $$$ are the dev's getting from console players? I'd like to know. Are we just a cash cow while you only care about PC players?

    The game was a free through psn. It's not very popular on Ps4 and even less on xbox

  • @EAisHonest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/91849/consoles-why-do-the-devs-not-care

    The game was a free through psn. It's not very popular on Ps4 and even less on xbox

    Show me the stats to back that up please

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724411#Comment_724411

    Really? Dang.

    All I know is that from the moment they started changing survivors' hair, it's gotten worse and worse. For everyone.

    I'm sorry, I'm still mourning the loss of Kate's beautiful face-framing curls that now just look like Farrah hair.

    They really do seem to mess her up a lot

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724461#Comment_724461

    According to their store charts, DBD was the 20th and 35th most popular game on Xbox and ps4, respectively.

    That doesn't prove much of anything. Millions of gamer's on consoles world wide

    Also doesn't mean that they aren't making tonnes of $$$$$ from consoles.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/726925#Comment_726925

    Yes, and of the millions of gamers on consoles worldwide, dbd is the 20th and 35th most popular, which should retort the claim of the games popularity on consoles.

    So what exactly aren't you understanding?

    There hundreds of PS4 games, 20th etc is not bad

    Your posts reveal you PC favoritism

  • Well then again, they aren't just sitting around bored making cosmetics all year long. They will fix the bugs eventually. Even if it takes a lonnnnnng time. But Bug Fixes will be coming.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    Well then again, they aren't just sitting around bored making cosmetics all year long. They will fix the bugs eventually. Even if it takes a lonnnnnng time. But Bug Fixes will be coming.

    Seems like cosmetics are the priority all the time. $$$$

    Yes, I know the "it's different teams" excuse, but maybe hire more dev's and bug fixers instead of pretty clothes designers for that sweet $

  • @Tensor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727330#Comment_727330

    Seems like cosmetics are the priority all the time. $$$$

    Yes, I know the "it's different teams" excuse, but maybe hire more dev's and bug fixers instead of pretty clothes designers for that sweet $

    But how do you expect to get big fixes of you don't have funding for the game..?

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727664#Comment_727664

    But how do you expect to get big fixes of you don't have funding for the game..?

    Yes, they need funding. However, the shear amount of cosmetics their dropping indicates a money grab and not a operating budget. Why else would there be new ones constantly and always for cells.

    Plus, more cosmetics, less bug fixes means players quitting, therefor losing future items sales. Self damaging loop

  • @Tensor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727775#Comment_727775

    Yes, they need funding. However, the shear amount of cosmetics their dropping indicates a money grab and not a operating budget. Why else would there be new ones constantly and always for cells.

    Plus, more cosmetics, less bug fixes means players quitting, therefor losing future items sales. Self damaging loop

    I think most people also dont understand that games have multiple different developers. Cosmetics and Bugs are under different areas.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727788#Comment_727788

    I think most people also dont understand that games have multiple different developers. Cosmetics and Bugs are under different areas.

    I think this quote covers that :)

    "Seems like cosmetics are the priority all the time. $$$$

    Yes, I know the "it's different teams" excuse, but maybe hire more dev's and bug fixers instead of pretty clothes designers for that sweet $"

  • Working fine for me

  • @Tensor said:

    PS4, Lagging, frame drops, a match ends if playing survivor and the killer is immediately removed and shows as zero bloodpoints.

    Bald heads

    Kicks you out of lobbies

    Stops searching for lobbies be itself

    How much $$$ are the dev's getting from console players? I'd like to know. Are we just a cash cow while you only care about PC players?

    It could also be PS4's fault instead of BHVR, since I've heard it's horrible trying to do anything with Sony, but I see what you're saying. Xbox was pretty bad for a while as well. I got it since I didn't have a computer for a month or so, so I got it on xbox and the frames were horrible.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727788#Comment_727788

    I think most people also dont understand that games have multiple different developers. Cosmetics and Bugs are under different areas.

    Except when they cancelled an event to focus on servers....

  • I play it mainly on xbox one x, but have it on pc too. The frame drops on xbox are terrible, you cant properly play sometimes and there are a lot of bugs since the recent update. Im really asking myself why does the devs have a qa team, if every update results in a crazy amount of bugs :/

  • it's a damn shame really

  • @Pigster said:

    I play it mainly on xbox one x, but have it on pc too. The frame drops on xbox are terrible, you cant properly play sometimes and there are a lot of bugs since the recent update. Im really asking myself why does the devs have a qa team, if every update results in a crazy amount of bugs :/

    I play on X1X too and honestly it's not that bad for the most part usually. Though demogorgon has horrible lag and has many frame skips

  • @SpacingLlamas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/728108#Comment_728108

    I play on X1X too and honestly it's not that bad for the most part usually. Though demogorgon has horrible lag and has many frame skips

    It is that bad, i sometimes need to restart the game in the hope to play properly, cause this frame rate drops and lags. If i think that im playing on xone x, i cant imagine how bad it is on the previous xbox versions 🙈

  • I'm sure they care.

    I'd like to see you go in and just make all these fixes since you seem to think it's easy :c

  • @blue4zion said:

    I'm sure they care.

    I'd like to see you go in and just make all these fixes since you seem to think it's easy :c

    Found a PC player

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    To be fair, no developers that make multi-platform games ever care about console players.


    Except Capcom. They are making PC players wait months for new content that PS4 and Xbox already have

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724055#Comment_724055

    when I play on Xbox I don’t see nothing wrong I played as Demogorgon and I don’t see any thing wrong the frame rate on Xbox I don’t see yes there are some bugs but it doesn’t effect me I see nothing wrong on Xbox

    There are so many bugs on Xbox...and the devs don’t care to fix it, they’re more concerned on cosmetics and fixing mostly killer bugs.

  • @Broccoli_Jaeger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724084#Comment_724084

    Except Capcom. They are making PC players wait months for new content that PS4 and Xbox already have

    That's the rare exception to the rule

  • @Tensor said:

    PS4, Lagging, frame drops, a match ends if playing survivor and the killer is immediately removed and shows as zero bloodpoints.

    Bald heads

    Kicks you out of lobbies

    Stops searching for lobbies be itself

    How much $$$ are the dev's getting from console players? I'd like to know. Are we just a cash cow while you only care about PC players?

    Pc by far is the bigger market of players for this game. Though to be honest we have the same problems you do in the game.

    Frame issues, lag, dcing, character models turning bald. It's not that do care about you it's just the game as a whole just has problems.

  • Actually, the graphics chaged drastically after legion's path just because of console optimization

  • All of us would think after the STRANGER THINGS update they would use their money they got from it for something useful like actually optimizing for Consoles, but nah, they waste that money and resources on new unneeded features and cosmetics :/

  • Let me say hi to everyone. As a pc player of final fantasy 11 we used to say sorry but your xbox 360 and ps2 can’t be adjusted cause of there limitations. I’m calling it now ps4 limitations are the main problem.

  • @Cardgrey said:

    Let me say hi to everyone. As a pc player of final fantasy 11 we used to say sorry but your xbox 360 and ps2 can’t be adjusted cause of there limitations. I’m calling it now ps4 limitations are the main problem.

    Only that's BS because games that demand so much more perform better then DBD... DS3, RD2, the game with the robotic dinosaurs and hot red head chick, skyrim, god of war, odyssey .. just to name a few... this game has ps3 graphics and some of the textures are like ps2 standard almost.... it's not a performance issue, it's a coding issue...

  • @GrootDude said:

    Working fine for me

    It's not though, and the reason you are "trusted" is becuase you probably brown nose on these forums.


    Frame rate is awful, trophies are bugged for months (medic), queues take 20 or so minutes at times and that's not including the fact people can't even get into lobbies. The devs silence on so many issues in a forum DEDICATED to ps4 is appauling, they just need to COMMUNICATE, that's all it takes, let us know if it's going to take a while and if thats the case then so be it, just tell us you know.

‹ 1 2