SWF Balance <3 Kind of-Thanks :)

So BHVR is FINALLY making SWF pair all Survivors according to the highest Rank, so I Rank 16 Killer will never face a Rank 4 because they paired with a Rank 16 and 20.

Now they just have to find out what's causing Rank 8's and 1's to appear in my lobbies lol

I am so happy about this <3 I have never been against SWF, I am ok with friends being a team, even if they're getting the unbalanced advantage of comms that completely puts the game into their favor. But having high ranks in their team and going against a low rank has always been worse, it was never fair for a Rank 4 to go against a poor 20 so I am eccstatic we won't have to deal with this anymore <3

Thank you BHVR for finally doing this, I and hopefully others are very grateful.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708060#Comment_708060

    I really hope this is not the case but I agree fully it's really sad tbh it was such a good opportunity to grow the community.

    I know I tried my hardest to be as friendly and helpful towards unfortunately the new people I was matchmakes with.. Hopefully others did the same.

    But yeah they dropped the ball on this 🐷

    I agree if they just fix it before this dlc:(

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708549#Comment_708549

    How about reading the entire post instead of building up lies?

    Your entire argument is based off of the idea that it isn't fair to subject low ranked Survivors to such bullying. Why, then good sir, is it fair that low ranked Killers should have to put up with it?

  • @shalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707257#Comment_707257

    When you think being paired with a killer of your rank is a punishment....

    When you you think changing how match making is nerf as well...... seesh.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708549#Comment_708549

    How about reading the entire post instead of building up lies?

    You suggested that it is worse to punish the people who want to play together, so you are suggesting that it is worse to punish the side with greater numbers.

  • I think it's a bandaid fix and not really a good one. I'm rank 1, I can hang at red ranks, my buddy who is rank 12 cannot do a ruin skill check to save their life, and dies in chases against red ranks near instantly.

    Their match making system was busted before that's for sure though. I'm SWF with just one other person, both of us in red ranks, and the random survivor we get is a rank 20, level 1 Dwight who doesn't know how to even run. Obviously he got wrecked walking in chases. Another game we are a 4 man swf group, red and purple ranks, and the killer is rank 20, and has no idea what they are doing.

    Then there is games I go in solo, and every survivor is green ranks, while I'm in red. The match making is clearly busted and I don't think matching swf groups based on lowest rank is the answer. Basing it on the average and actually basing it on the average is a different story. If there is a two rank 1's, and two rank 20's. The Killer Average should be around 10. Two ridiculously weak players, and two strong players. Thing is match making wasn't doing that. Even when SWF in low ranks. Rank 4, and rank 12, don't equate to rank 20 killer using the median.

  • PS_Messages_20190924_114433.jpg

    Truly we were to blame for a rank 20 killer.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    Being happy cause SWF are being nerfed into ground? Whats now the purpose of playing SWF-Squads while having a high rank player with you who ######### up all other survivors? Taking highest rank is the same dumb ######### as saying the lowest rank should count. Thats one of those changes that will backfire really quickly cause peoplle cant play together anymore, cause theyre srewed up by their own teammates.

    I try to play both sides equally, though I do prefer killer more. When I play with my friends, they have more time to rank up, much more than I do. I used to be a rank one survivor every month, but RL prevents that now. I FREAKIN’ luv this change, as I prefer to play with high ranked players.

    When I first started playing over 2 years ago, I was playing with SWF and was constantly playing with rank 10 to 6 killers. After a day or 2, I learned what usually takes new survivors months to learn, simply because of being placed into the situation, and my friends helping. Did I die a lot? Hell yeah. I was the first to die for like the first 6 matches, but I figured out what works and what doesn’t work.

    I primarily play a stealth game and am the gen jokey, and savior, which I luv to do. I power through Hex: Ruin, to the dismay of the killer. If I get chased I don’t like it, but I can hold my own, and usually end up losing the killer, letting the others have their fun.

    Now when I play Hag, be afraid.....be VERY AFRAID!

    PS4

  • @BloodyNights said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/052/Q4YO56FIEXBN.jpg

    Truly we were to blame for a rank 20 killer.

    @BloodyNights The last week any SWF would be matched with rank 20 killer. I can confirm since my queue times as rank 20 killer were nonexistent and I got all kinds of mixed ranks.

  • @shalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707257#Comment_707257

    When you think being paired with a killer of your rank is a punishment....

    For a large portion of the SWF base that can't simply steamroll newbs anymore, it really is :(

  • @csandman1977 said:

    In my opinion matchmaking shouldnt be based on rank at all. Instead it should be based on hours spent playing. We have all heard that rank means nothing. Especially during rank reset. Its nothing to be able to get to green ranks. And really a couple of lucky games and you are at purple. But a green rank with 700 hours is most likely going to be better than a purple rank with 250 hours.

    Sure there would be outliers but i think the match making would be better evened out.

    As for rank, make incentives to rank up.

    Ending the stetch at yellow ranks gives you 5000 bp, with 100 bp given for every day you are at yellow ranks

    Green would get 10k bp and 200bp for every day at green.

    Purple would give 1000 shards and 100 for every day at purple.

    Red would get 100 cells at the end plus 10 for every day they were at red ranks.

    These are just numbers off the top of my head. Obviously the game rewards those who play more and why shouldnt it?

    You can play a game for hundreds of hours and still be ######### at it.

  • @BloodyNights said:

    I think it's a bandaid fix and not really a good one. I'm rank 1, I can hang at red ranks, my buddy who is rank 12 cannot do a ruin skill check to save their life, and dies in chases against red ranks near instantly.

    Their match making system was busted before that's for sure though. I'm SWF with just one other person, both of us in red ranks, and the random survivor we get is a rank 20, level 1 Dwight who doesn't know how to even run. Obviously he got wrecked walking in chases. Another game we are a 4 man swf group, red and purple ranks, and the killer is rank 20, and has no idea what they are doing.

    Then there is games I go in solo, and every survivor is green ranks, while I'm in red. The match making is clearly busted and I don't think matching swf groups based on lowest rank is the answer. Basing it on the average and actually basing it on the average is a different story. If there is a two rank 1's, and two rank 20's. The Killer Average should be around 10. Two ridiculously weak players, and two strong players. Thing is match making wasn't doing that. Even when SWF in low ranks. Rank 4, and rank 12, don't equate to rank 20 killer using the median.

    Well, now your friend can keep practicing against high ranks to get better if they wanna SWF with you instead of being carried by the better player. :P

  • Quick someone post a crab rave but with bubba.

  • High rank people will not derank on purpose. THat is too much of a pain in the a to lose a game for every one you win.

  • Great Change In my opinion. SWF already have the upper hand by default so matching them to the highest rank closes that gap somewhat which is a good step in the right direction.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707286#Comment_707286

    Blah. I'm sure their will be a highly upvoted post on the subreddit about how they're not totally not a toxic SWF survivor who bullied low rank killers and how this change is unfair to them!

    Just like when the devs hid the killer loadout until all survivors were dead or escpaed. A thread popped up with thousands of 'solo' survivors claiming how they weren't toxic SWF survivors and saw the change as unfair. How they HAD to see the loadout before the match was finished for... reasons.

    There already is a post on these forums...... Didn't take long. They said it annoys them.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708633#Comment_708633

    You can play a game for hundreds of hours and still be ######### at it.

    This is true, but I still think it's a better benchmark than rank

  • @malloymk said:

    Rank 1 survivor. I usually play with swf in red to purple. Have one friend relatively new in yellow. Bring me rank 1 killers all day every day as long as queue times aren't outrageous.

    Straight Facts, anything for those insta-quick queue times.

  • Perhaps devs decided they did not want Killers to be forced to face one or more Survivors many ranks above them. That to me is reason enough to be 100% behind this change.

  • AA6VK8IHBPQ0.jpg

    @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707701#Comment_707701

    You dont understand, that changing the side of whos at disadvantage is a really bad idea? And that its much worse that the side with those who wanna play together to have fun, cause thats why people tend to play SWF and not cause they wanna tryhard or bully, is at a disadvantage? Your example isnt that whats difficult to deals with and its not what is mostly common in SWF. Now what about those streamers who do community matches? Thyre mostlikely higher ranked than their community and now their community gets screwed up cause of one player in a Squad game? Thats an overly stupid design. Also think about what games will happen. Now all those fun teams willg et stomped by OP nurses, spirits and billys. Playing redranks already is enough of unfun to face those OP killers on regular basis, now you really wanna give them more chance to bully lowrank survivor? Great idea! NOT.

    Balacing around extremes in a team match is the most stupid design, cause theres allways one side at heavy disadvantage. The change now is just switching sides, and cause of most players are survivors it will backfire pretty hard, cause noone wanna to play anymore in SWF, so that this mode will just be a equal-level-mode with i say just 1/3of the player base than before. killing the game more this way is for sure.

    So this pic is from earlier in this thread, you're ok with this scenario? You think it is completely fine that high ranks with their low rank friend can completely outnumber the low rank Killer who is only 1 person.

    Is this ok? That is all I am asking, nothing more nothing less because it is all I personally care about.

    Yes that scenario will be reversed giving your buddy a high rank Killer but you and your high rank friends should be.....there for you buddy just like you are for a ######### Killer that is no challenge at all. No difference except someone whining that the game is hard when YOU MAKE IT HARD.

    Survivor is the easiest part of the game, prove me wrong.

    When my friends and I are having a bad day with Killer matches we go play Survivor to have a chill time and screw over the Killer, that right there says Survivor is easy.

  • I never expected this community to complain about fairer, faster matchmaking!

    /s

    This is literally the best change that the game has produced to date.

  • Yep this was unexpected from the devs


    no more bullies for low rank killers, with 1 guy rank 20, 3 guy rank 1s

  • I like this change, I don't know why it's so much of a surprise because it's not like DbD is the only game to utilize something like this. In a lot of multiplayer games, if you party up with a friend who is a substantially higher rank than you then you're bound to play against more experienced players, why is that such a shock?

    Although the tables have been turned, how is it fair for a low ranked killer to versus a high rank SWF group because they want to have fun? Don't you think the killers want to have fun too?

    Honestly, the community did this to themselves by constantly abusing this to bully new killers and if the community only cared about having fun with friends and not to bully new players then why was it not uncommon to run into groups like this? To be honest for the people complaining, it might not be entirely your fault but don't blame the devs or the killers for this change blame the toxic SWF groups that made this happen.

    Again I'd like to state that I have NO issue against SWFs that want to have fun, but I do despise SWFs who bully new killers just to mock them, belittle them and just generally make them have a bad experience.

  • It's crazy that the optimal balancing between solo and SWF is exactly on the rank of the highest survivor for the SWF. There are really crazy coincidences.

    I think it's a bad idea. Bully new killers? No, now, bully new survivors discovering the game with their friends ... Awesome.

  • @Chatkovski said:

    It's crazy that the optimal balancing between solo and SWF is exactly on the rank of the highest survivor for the SWF. There are really crazy coincidences.

    I think it's a bad idea.

    New players aren't being harassed by high rank Killers if they know that the Killer will 100% be more experienced than them. People should tell their friends that if they play with you then the Killer will be a high level Killer and they should be careful until they get better. That friend should be told this game is not easy until they know what they're doing and have a few hours into it.

    If you just say ''hey you wanna play this game with me, I'll play with you and team up and protect you'' and then they go into the game with you and get slaughtered by a Rank 1 Nurse with 5 Blinks and a Mori then that friend SHOULD BE PISSED OFF, at their friend who didn't tell them that that would happen.

    Everyone fails and is at a disadvantage when you start any game at level 1 and fight the end game boss right off the bat.

  • Yeah...if it even works that way. On PS4 I rarely get matched with red rank killers or survivors. I’m at Rank 1 by the way. I usually get matched with survivors/killers rank 9-15. That’s when I play solo.

    My SWF group are ranks 7, 8, and 16. I don’t mind getting red ranks killers, I just don’t wanna wait an eternity to get into matches. There aren’t many red rank killers in my personal experience. I see more green and yellow ranks than anything.

  • Rank 1 + Rank 20 =\= Rank 10.


    If a rank 1 and rank 20 queue together, the game will be massively unfair for someone. The swf survivors deserve it more than the killer does, bc thry chose to do this. Your rando survivor teammates are getting kind of screwed; but Rank 1 survivors can deal with it better than a killer 10 ranks below you can.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    Yeah...if it even works that way. On PS4 I rarely get matched with red rank killers or survivors. I’m at Rank 1 by the way. I usually get matched with survivors/killers rank 9-15. That’s when I play solo.

    My SWF group are ranks 7, 8, and 16. I don’t mind getting red ranks killers, I just don’t wanna wait an eternity to get into matches. There aren’t many red rank killers in my personal experience. I see more green and yellow ranks than anything.

    Let it me say on this way:

    I was as a killer never against swfs. I have seen them as the ultimate teamplaying mode in a multiplayer game, what dbd is and that had mean, that I had to deal with them - it was afterall my decision to stay on the killer site.

    That said, if bhvr is ok with it (again that is ok and also how it should be), then they should every killer buff, so that a large part of the playerbase of killer X, can see a chance in red ranks (not everyone, but the majority as already said).

    Then your problem would fade away and it would also a solution that would benefits killers and survivors.

  • @Chatkovski said:

    It's crazy that the optimal balancing between solo and SWF is exactly on the rank of the highest survivor for the SWF. There are really crazy coincidences.

    I think it's a bad idea.

    No, low rank survivors can CHOOSE to play with higher ranked survivors. Lower ranked killers CANNOT choose to play against high ranked survivors.


    Do you see the difference?

  • I mainly play SWF and when I first read about this update I thought it was going to ruin my game, however on reflection I think it will make it better.

    Here's why.

    I play quiet a lot and in SWF it's (too)easy to pip up. I usually get back to red ranks a few days after reset. This however is not a true reflection of my skill, it is because of the abnormalities of the ranking system. If I no longer get easy games my rank will probably end up green. Therefore get paired with other average players. As a bonus I can now switch between solo and SWF.

    One concern I have. I only play killer for dailies, so my rank is brown - I think the queue times will be even more ridiculous.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    In this thread: people mixing up high and low rank.

    Low rank = experienced; high rank = inexperienced. Please remember that so that we know exactly what you are trying to discuss.

    ---

    Before the update, survivor ranks were averaged and a killer with a close enough rank to that average was matched with them. If that doesn't create a fair match for the killer, that can imply two things : 1. Rank is meaningless (e.g. a rank 10 is not twice as skillful as a rank 20), 2. There is discrepancy in regards to actual skill between killer rank value and survivor rank value (e.g. a rank 5 survivor or average group rank of 5 does not fairly match up with a rank 5 killer).

    A long term solution would be meaningful rank that correlates across killer and survivor, which they have stated they are working on in the third anniversary stream.

    A quick fix for swf and matchmaking now would be to just adjust how you weigh ranks when averaging swf. For example, weigh red ranks 2.5x as heavy, purple 2x as heavy, and green 1.5x as heavy as yellow (adjust weight values based on internal testing of what is considered a fair match). So if you have ranks 3, 3, 14,14 instead of going against the normal average killer rank of rank 10, you'd go against weighted average killer rank of 6.

    The reason that many are calling the current patch a punishment, is because we moved from being slightly survivor sided to completely killer sided when there is a wide rank gap, instead of finding a fair middle ground.

    Imo the current patch will cause more problems than solve:

    1. Swf Matches will be extremely killer sided when there is a rank gap, compared to slightly survivor sided prepatch. So whatever issues killers had with the prepatch matchmaking will be even more problematic for swf groups. Just shifting the burden to the swf (which is fine, it's not the killers problem), but in the process making the problem worse than before in magnitude (which is not fine).

    2. Friend groups and swf with rank gaps stop playing together to avoid problem 1.

    3. Deranking to avoid problems 1 and 2.

    Wait you mentioned something about the 3rd anniversary stream. I recall them saying they were working on something to do with ranks and it would be near the end of the roadmap for year 3, I thought it was something like your Rank was different with each Killer, so Rank 1 Ghostface but Rank 13 Clown something like that. Is that what you were saying or something different, that video was so long I don't even know where they had that info.

  • BHVR, Balance?


    You make me laugh

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/240/1EJD7T34IPWK.jpg

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708533#Comment_708533

    So this pic is from earlier in this thread, you're ok with this scenario? You think it is completely fine that high ranks with their low rank friend can completely outnumber the low rank Killer who is only 1 person.

    Is this ok? That is all I am asking, nothing more nothing less because it is all I personally care about.

    Yes that scenario will be reversed giving your buddy a high rank Killer but you and your high rank friends should be.....there for you buddy just like you are for a ######### Killer that is no challenge at all. No difference except someone whining that the game is hard when YOU MAKE IT HARD.

    Survivor is the easiest part of the game, prove me wrong.

    When my friends and I are having a bad day with Killer matches we go play Survivor to have a chill time and screw over the Killer, that right there says Survivor is easy.

    You know that the pic from before isnt even a matchmaking by the old formula, right? Cause how should you get a rank 20 killer, whie using the average of all the four ranks? Thats your first mistake. Second, i already answered your question, and thats why i wrote ´how about reading the entire post´. Iy you cant understand easy wording, its not my fault. The rest is just biased opinion on your side, which i already countered in the same post. But i guess it is too hard to understand for you.

  • @shalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707257#Comment_707257

    When you think being paired with a killer of your rank is a punishment....

    Preach

    @MegsAreEvil said:

    Being happy cause SWF are being nerfed into ground? Whats now the purpose of playing SWF-Squads while having a high rank player with you who ######### up all other survivors? Taking highest rank is the same dumb ######### as saying the lowest rank should count. Thats one of those changes that will backfire really quickly cause peoplle cant play together anymore, cause theyre srewed up by their own teammates. Getting punished for playing together. Pretty good job so far.

    Aren't these these players bad players you speak of your friends? Don't you use voice chat and have the opportunity to not only coach but take advantage of a game breaking advantage which is constant communication?

  • I love the change the queue times are pretty smexy

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    In this thread: people mixing up high and low rank.

    Low rank = experienced; high rank = inexperienced. Please remember that so that we know exactly what you are trying to discuss.

    ---

    Before the update, survivor ranks were averaged and a killer with a close enough rank to that average was matched with them. If that doesn't create a fair match for the killer, that can imply two things : 1. Rank is meaningless (e.g. a rank 10 is not twice as skillful as a rank 20), 2. There is discrepancy in regards to actual skill between killer rank value and survivor rank value (e.g. a rank 5 survivor or average group rank of 5 does not fairly match up with a rank 5 killer).

    A long term solution would be meaningful rank that correlates across killer and survivor, which they have stated they are working on in the third anniversary stream.

    A quick fix for swf and matchmaking now would be to just adjust how you weigh ranks when averaging swf. For example, weigh red ranks 2.5x as heavy, purple 2x as heavy, and green 1.5x as heavy as yellow (adjust weight values based on internal testing of what is considered a fair match). So if you have ranks 3, 3, 14,14 instead of going against the normal average killer rank of rank 10, you'd go against weighted average killer rank of 6.

    The reason that many are calling the current patch a punishment, is because we moved from being slightly survivor sided to completely killer sided when there is a wide rank gap, instead of finding a fair middle ground.

    Imo the current patch will cause more problems than solve:

    1. Swf Matches will be extremely killer sided when there is a rank gap, compared to slightly survivor sided prepatch. So whatever issues killers had with the prepatch matchmaking will be even more problematic for swf groups. Just shifting the burden to the swf (which is fine, it's not the killers problem), but in the process making the problem worse than before in magnitude (which is not fine).

    2. Friend groups and swf with rank gaps stop playing together to avoid problem 1.

    3. Deranking to avoid problems 1 and 2.

    What if this was done so Killers are not forced to face Survivors that are way higher rank than them that are definitely part of a team? Killers already have to accept going up against SWF (which is fine). There is no reason they should also have to accept going up against people whose rank would normally be too high for them to be regularly be paired up with.

    As far as the issues you stated, the only one that is an actual problem is #3, which can be mitigated by being more tough on flagrant deranking.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    In this thread: people mixing up high and low rank.

    Low rank = experienced; high rank = inexperienced. Please remember that so that we know exactly what you are trying to discuss.

    ---

    Before the update, survivor ranks were averaged and a killer with a close enough rank to that average was matched with them. If that doesn't create a fair match for the killer, that can imply two things : 1. Rank is meaningless (e.g. a rank 10 is not twice as skillful as a rank 20), 2. There is discrepancy in regards to actual skill between killer rank value and survivor rank value (e.g. a rank 5 survivor or average group rank of 5 does not fairly match up with a rank 5 killer).

    A long term solution would be meaningful rank that correlates across killer and survivor, which they have stated they are working on in the third anniversary stream.

    A quick fix for swf and matchmaking now would be to just adjust how you weigh ranks when averaging swf. For example, weigh red ranks 2.5x as heavy, purple 2x as heavy, and green 1.5x as heavy as yellow (adjust weight values based on internal testing of what is considered a fair match). So if you have ranks 3, 3, 14,14 instead of going against the normal average killer rank of rank 10, you'd go against weighted average killer rank of 6.

    The reason that many are calling the current patch a punishment, is because we moved from being slightly survivor sided to completely killer sided when there is a wide rank gap, instead of finding a fair middle ground.

    Imo the current patch will cause more problems than solve:

    1. Swf Matches will be extremely killer sided when there is a rank gap, compared to slightly survivor sided prepatch. So whatever issues killers had with the prepatch matchmaking will be even more problematic for swf groups. Just shifting the burden to the swf (which is fine, it's not the killers problem), but in the process making the problem worse than before in magnitude (which is not fine).

    2. Friend groups and swf with rank gaps stop playing together to avoid problem 1.

    3. Deranking to avoid problems 1 and 2.

    You have your ranks backwards. Everyone who has played this game for any length of time calls Rank 1 the highest rank, and Rank 20 the lowest rank. This is based on what a leader board looks like. Rank 1 is on the top, while Rank 20 would be at the bottom.

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/240/1EJD7T34IPWK.jpg

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708533#Comment_708533

    So this pic is from earlier in this thread, you're ok with this scenario? You think it is completely fine that high ranks with their low rank friend can completely outnumber the low rank Killer who is only 1 person.

    Is this ok? That is all I am asking, nothing more nothing less because it is all I personally care about.

    Yes that scenario will be reversed giving your buddy a high rank Killer but you and your high rank friends should be.....there for you buddy just like you are for a ######### Killer that is no challenge at all. No difference except someone whining that the game is hard when YOU MAKE IT HARD.

    Survivor is the easiest part of the game, prove me wrong.

    When my friends and I are having a bad day with Killer matches we go play Survivor to have a chill time and screw over the Killer, that right there says Survivor is easy.

    No, of course that is not OK. The combined rank of the group was 32 -> divided by 4 would have been a rank 8 killer. Anything between 5 and 8 would have been perfectly appropriate for this group in my opinion but of course not a rank 20 killer.

  • First game with a SWF. Rank 4, 5, 18 and 19 survivors vs a rank 3 billy. Don't need to explain the result in 2/3 minutes. This is my last game with a SWF group. I'm so thx to BHVR

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/709620#Comment_709620

    You know that the pic from before isnt even a matchmaking by the old formula, right? Cause how should you get a rank 20 killer, whie using the average of all the four ranks? Thats your first mistake. Second, i already answered your question, and thats why i wrote ´how about reading the entire post´. Iy you cant understand easy wording, its not my fault. The rest is just biased opinion on your side, which i already countered in the same post. But i guess it is too hard to understand for you.

    I think it is just a matter of not being able to agree with each other instead of one us being stupid. I have my opinion and you have yours, neither of us understand the other and are unable to reach something we can agree on. I respect your stance, have a good day :)

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711735#Comment_711735

    As far as the issues you stated, the only one that is an actual problem is #3

    And that's why you aren't a game dev.

    "1. Swf Matches will be extremely killer sided when there is a rank gap, compared to slightly survivor sided prepatch. So whatever issues killers had with the prepatch matchmaking will be even more problematic for swf groups. Just shifting the burden to the swf (which is fine, it's not the killers problem), but in the process making the problem worse than before in magnitude (which is not fine).

    2. Friend groups and swf with rank gaps stop playing together to avoid problem 1"

    If "Friends groups stop playing together" is not a problem why even have swf. The devs clearly think it's an important part of the game. Also, less friends playing this game together, means they'll move to other games where they can play together. Unfavorable outcome for bhvr, also if it can lead to a cascade of events where people leave this game, que times get longer, more people avoid the game, and it ends up as dead as Lawbreakers.

    If you think problem #1 is a non-issue, your bias is clouding your judgement. If unfair games slightly skewed to survivor side is a problem for killers that the devs had to solve, then unfair games HEAVILY skewed to killer side, logically speaking, is an even bigger problem.

    The solution they implemented is one step forward but two backwards, and it might take them an long time, but my money is on they'll find a more balanced solution, especially if player numbers drop. After blood hunt and ST hype goes away, the numbers will speak if it is a non-issue or not I guess.

    In my eyes, it is a choice entirely up to the people being affected by it. That makes it not a problem IMO. Seems the devs agree for the moment (as do many other games that implement this sort of thing, which would kinda mean that most devs see it the way I do, no?). :P

  • @Chatkovski said:

    It's crazy that the optimal balancing between solo and SWF is exactly on the rank of the highest survivor for the SWF. There are really crazy coincidences.

    I think it's a bad idea. Bully new killers? No, now, bully new survivors discovering the game with their friends ... Awesome.

    What you saying is literally double standards at its best.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/715012#Comment_715012

    Devs are probably testing how this matching making will go. And I am certain they will find the results PROBLEMATIC, as I mentioned, and will change it again.

    Or you're right and they won't change swf matchmaking cause those are non-issues.

    Anecdotal evidence, but I am already seeing on PS4 people mass dcing/deranking in my lobbies..and people on my friend list going on new users to play with their friends, which results in actually bullying new rank 17-20 killers.

    That actual abusers will find alternative ways to abuse, while those who seriously just want to play with their not-as-good friends are having negative experiences.

    "Problematic". You're so polite. I said it the first day, someone will be fired

  • @aazimuth said:

    Gotta love punishing people for playing with friends. It's really not an issue because this is just an incentive now to stay at a low rank compared to before.

    This is not pushing

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/715012#Comment_715012

    Devs are probably testing how this matching making will go. And I am certain they will find the results PROBLEMATIC, as I mentioned, and will change it again.

    Or you're right and they won't change swf matchmaking cause those are non-issues.

    Anecdotal evidence, but I am already seeing on PS4 people mass dcing/deranking in my lobbies..and people on my friend list going on new users to play with their friends, which results in actually bullying new rank 17-20 killers.

    That actual abusers will find alternative ways to abuse, while those who seriously just want to play with their not-as-good friends are having negative experiences.

    If devs were testing it, they would have stated so, no?

  • @votepsi said:

    I mainly play SWF and when I first read about this update I thought it was going to ruin my game, however on reflection I think it will make it better.

    Here's why.

    I play quiet a lot and in SWF it's (too)easy to pip up. I usually get back to red ranks a few days after reset. This however is not a true reflection of my skill, it is because of the abnormalities of the ranking system. If I no longer get easy games my rank will probably end up green. Therefore get paired with other average players. As a bonus I can now switch between solo and SWF.

    One concern I have. I only play killer for dailies, so my rank is brown - I think the queue times will be even more ridiculous.

    My suspicions confirmed today as I waited 14 minutes queued as killer. Yawn


    At least I get my chores done ;)

  • They're reviewing how it has impacted things; that doesn't necessarily mean that this was done explicitly as a test run.

  • Doesn't that describe, like, any kind of changes/updates to a game? That doesn't say anything about what it means for the SWF change.

  • I hope they keep it. "Balance" aside, red rank ques have never been this fast.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/726796#Comment_726796

    Not really. D strike change was not a test. Average swf match making was also not a test but was changed after feedback.

    This would be a considered a "test" change because they implemented it to see IF it would work, and if it didn't they would change it. If it did they keep it. They are testing it's efficacy. So a test.

    But no need for me to be pedantic.

    Good news is they are looking at the impact and likely checking to see the presence of those problems I mentioned earlier, as well as other test criteria they haven't mentioned yet.

    Where does it say that they implemented it to see if it would work, with the intention of changing it if it didn't?

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/726826#Comment_726826

    Isn't that what peanits said was going on.

    I think you are misunderstanding "testing". You're looking at it in the sense of a pilot study (think ptb) before the main experiment. I'm looking at it through the lens of the main experiment, testing the efficacy of the proposed solution.

    Like I said, there is no need to be pedantic around one word on a forum related to a game.

    Everyone should be happy the are looking into any adverse effects of the changes they made immediately and testing the actual validity of the change rather than just accepting the face validity it has among some killers.

    Peanits said they were reviewing the effect it had on matchmaking and stuff. That's just something they would do after something has been publicly pushed out into a new build.

1 2 3