Survivors DCing on purpose on offering loading screen. Developers how will you fix this?

I was watching a stream and he waited a long time just to get in a lobby and Survivors are dcing on purpose during offering loading screen.He even got a message from someone say that that survivor is dcing on purpose.This happen more than once to him.Not only did it happen to him but me and another streamer too.

Here is a short video of what happen

https://youtu.be/rikKWv1n3o4


and Second short video

https://youtu.be/9khzMJlt3fc


This type of dcing during loading needs to stop and be punish for. So I ask you Developers, how will you fix this from happening to players who have to wait a long period of time to play killer and get denied because Survivors are dcing during the loading screen so the killer can not play?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @DoomsdayDame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705985#Comment_705985

    So.. no shade. Survivors can run 2 insta heals, 2 P U R P L E flashlights, all 4 have dead hard, DS, and every single one of them have body blocked me into oblivion when trying to hook the one I managed to get down.. but I cant bring a mori? Tell me how survivors dont dominate this game again?

    I solo against 16 perks, 4 items, 8 addons, 4 players and it's usually a toxic SWF who are all sitting on mic telling one another exactly where I am. But let's dc over a mori.

    So killers can use omega blink nurse with noed and also bring an ebony mori?

    Flashlights aren't that hard to avoid.Dead hard is one of the easiest perks to counter. Don't tunnel and DS won't activate. Bodyblocking isn't even a good tactic against good killers.

    Also, if you don't want to play against swf, just dodge the lobby. It's not like everyone plays 4 man swf in this game. Most people play solo survivor.

  • How is it any different? Killers can easily decide who they want to play against. Flashlights? Dodge. 4 Toolboxes? Dodge. Swf? Dodge.

    Why should survivors get punished for avoiding moris?

  • @DoomsdayDame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/705985#Comment_705985

    So.. no shade. Survivors can run 2 insta heals, 2 P U R P L E flashlights, all 4 have dead hard, DS, and every single one of them have body blocked me into oblivion when trying to hook the one I managed to get down.. but I cant bring a mori? Tell me how survivors dont dominate this game again?

    I solo against 16 perks, 4 items, 8 addons, 4 players and it's usually a toxic SWF who are all sitting on mic telling one another exactly where I am. But let's dc over a mori.

    All of that is invalid aside from insta heal, dead hard really doesn't lead to a much longer chase and sometimes even shafts the user, ds only triggers if tunneling which is kinda your fault leave on the ground or go for the player that saved, flashlights? You seen they was bringing it take lightborn or Franklins, body blocking? There are a million and one hooks on the map unless someone is being a sabo hero in which franklins yet again helps a little with that also there's about 2 other perks which help with blocking on top of most killers having good move speed already. Yes killers have struggles but none of which you addressed, just complaints because lacking gameplay. Side note DCing as survivor or killer is not cool neither side should do it

  • Simple solution, no moris, remove basement, reduce hook respawn time, reduce wiggle timer, increase door opening timer. And anything else that people will complain about do that.

  • Couple things wrong here:

    1. There was a long stretch of times where Bloody Party Streamers and Escape Cakes make people get disconnected from the loading screen against their will. So should we punish those people as well for something beyond their control?
    2. If someone DCs before the match starts, everyone gets their things back and no harm is done. Everyone that was in that lobby has to queue up again. It's literally the same as a lobby dodge if you're not biased. The only difference is the killer didn't do the dodging. To claim otherwise presents a clear bias.
    3. If killer lobby wait times were as long as people claim, they wouldn't dodge so much because (they think) they're playing against a SWF team. I play killer pretty often and I take whatever match I get as long as the ping doesn't suck ass because I know I waited 4-8 minutes to get that game. Killers who dodge lobbies clearly aren't all that concerned about their wait times.
  • @Mochan said:

    Lobby dodging is the exact same thing as offering dodging.

    You're just biased, which is why you think it's okay for you to lobby dodge while it's not okay for survivors to offer dodge.

    The only difference is killer can see it in the lobby so they can dodge "legit" at that point, survivors can't so the only option is to DC after offering screen.

    It's really not... Because nobody loses offerings with lobby dodging.

  • Survivors will never be punished for DCing before match starts (during offering screen or loading) simply because the DC could also be because of a game client crash and there is no way (even with dedicated servers) to find out the exact cause when the game is force-stopped with Task Manager or 3rd party Microsoft apps.

  • I had a lobby full of Dwight’s with toolboxes, thought oh well let’s try to get my leatherface daily done. Then a haddonfield offering came up. Guess who didn’t load in that time... nerf swf somehow. Or make it fair. Either way, I don’t dc on killer offering bc once they are gone it’s used up. Just imo. If You think I’m bad for dodging a team of brand new parts that brought a haddonfield offering to bully a random lower rank killer on stream like ochido.... your messed up. Honestly it goes both ways my dude...

  • @Crimbojambo said:

    Easiest way to fix this is stop dcing on both sides. You can't get better and learn to counter in game mechanics if you don't play against them. All dcing is doing is robbing yourself of potential to grow through experience. Challenge breeds excellence.

    What's the counter for moris? Not get caught? Then hit again was a counter for MoM

  • No it's not lmao. Surviviors dodge Moris killers dodge SWF.

    Punish them both the same or don't punish them at all. I don't wanna sign up to play the game if my opponent is gonna use the most broken item in the entire game against my brown toolbox, thinking I'm running a godbox with BNP, forcing me to depip if I get hooked even once. And no, them not pipping isn't a fair cost for doing so.

    I also don't sign up to first time doctor or plague against a 4 man SWF group running flashlights, Toolboxes with BNP, and Instaheals but at least I can anticipate that they're running good stuff.

  • @kalivooo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706789#Comment_706789

    It's really not... Because nobody loses offerings with lobby dodging.

    That's not supposed to happen either way. Ur not supposed to lose offerings if someone offer dodges

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    When you see a mori you can almost guarantee you'll be tunneled and camped. It's not fun and no one is forcing me to play slated bad games. Also have to love killers who DC when the exit gates open. Quitting is awful but if the devs want to stop the end game derank and refund items on quitting I can't find any issue going forward 🤷‍♂️

    When killer quits when exit gates are open survivors don't lose anything... it's killer that loses points for the match. Survivors get same points as for escape so nothing is really lost.

  • The amount of deflection and whataboutism in this thread is startling.

    It's a pretty good example of why devs take everything on the forums with a grain of salt.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707702#Comment_707702

    No it's not lmao. Surviviors dodge Moris killers dodge SWF.

    Punish them both the same or don't punish them at all. I don't wanna sign up to play the game if my opponent is gonna use the most broken item in the entire game against my brown toolbox, thinking I'm running a godbox with BNP, forcing me to depip if I get hooked even once. And no, them not pipping isn't a fair cost for doing so.

    I also don't sign up to first time doctor or plague against a 4 man SWF group running flashlights, Toolboxes with BNP, and Instaheals but at least I can anticipate that they're running good stuff.

    No survivors DC to not play Mori not dodge. Killers dodge but there is nothing wrong with dodging. Stop making new rules.

  • @kalivooo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/706789#Comment_706789

    It's really not... Because nobody loses offerings with lobby dodging.

    You don't lose offerings when someone disconnects during the loading screen either.... -_-

  • lets start an experiment:

    lets see how many players you get to ragequit before / during the round by using a shroud of separation.


    yesterday i made 2 suicide on their first hook, 1 just give up (didnt try to escape me and went AFK after being hooked) and 1 crouching from locker to locker until EGC took them, just by using a green mori for my Myers daily.

    and they were all in one game. (barely safetypipped btw - ranking system is perfectly fine xD)

  • @joan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707221#Comment_707221

    What's the counter for moris? Not get caught? Then hit again was a counter for MoM

    There has to be a counter to Moris? Its a consumable item that lets you finish the game faster. Half the time killers I go up against don't even use the ones they burn due to good plays by survivors.

  • I'd imagine any disconnects that happen after the match is launched will lead to a re-queue timeout once they implement that system after dedicated servers are implemented. Obviously can't know for sure but that should technically punish any sort of offering "dodging", be it moris map offerings or whatever else.

  • people don't wanna play against mori's and I understand its boring

  • I saw a bunch of Otakus in my lobby and I brought a Mori with insta charge Hillbilly, they left loading screen.

  • @oxygen said:

    I'd imagine any disconnects that happen after the match is launched will lead to a re-queue timeout once they implement that system after dedicated servers are implemented. Obviously can't know for sure but that should technically punish any sort of offering "dodging", be it moris map offerings or whatever else.

    I hoping something is done to try and keep players from dcing a lot when the servers come out because obviously it is being abuse.

  • @KillorRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725703#Comment_725703

    I hoping something is done to try and keep players from dcing a lot when the servers come out because obviously it is being abuse.

    It is basically the same thing with killers dodging lobbies when they get swf, flashlights, toolboxes, keys. Why isn't that a problem?

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/726285#Comment_726285

    It is basically the same thing with killers dodging lobbies when they get swf, flashlights, toolboxes, keys. Why isn't that a problem?

    I feel dodging all around is bad and I can only understand if you want to dodge if their ping is to high. I do feel that taking out the option to see players profile names until end game I suppose, would be better along with the survivors loading up at the same time could help fix that. However the fact that

    1.survivors are purposely dodging on offering screen when they could have already left before the timer had ended(enough time to decide if you want to stay or not)


    2.Because the survivors know that killer have to wait a longer time to queue up for a lobby compared to survivors get in right away.

    3.Hardly to no risk towards dcing during loading screen .

    ^^^ needs to be look into and fix so players would just play the game and not waste everyone time to rejoin another lobby.

  • So wait killers are allowed to lobby dodge for any reason they want, but survivors lobby dodging a mori is bad? Because that’s exactly what DCing during the loading screen is, it’s just dodging a game. You as the killer don’t lose anything and are not punished. You can just move on to the next game like nothing happened.

1 2 ›