Infectious Fright or Rancor?
I have enough shards to get one or the other; which should I get? I main Demogorgon and play for the endgame, and I run NOED (yeah yeah but i like endgame pressure), so which one should I pick?
Tagged:
Trusted
I have enough shards to get one or the other; which should I get? I main Demogorgon and play for the endgame, and I run NOED (yeah yeah but i like endgame pressure), so which one should I pick?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Rancor is OKAY but it's also semi irrelevant if you're already running NOED.
Overall it's definitely a better perk than Infectious Fright though, that perk is trash in most scenarios.
For you, rancor. In general though I’d suggest infectious fright.
Now that’s quite the unpopular opinion, I think infectious fright is quite good.
No one who regularly plays at rank 1 would with a straight face say IF is good.
The overall community agrees on how bad IF is, that isn't debated.
I hardly see anyone call it bad, even less rank one players.
@AetherBytes
Err my thought is territorial imperative and make your choice.
1 get a basement hook
2 put a portal at the top of stairs.
3 leave to chase others
4 put portal down when territorial imperative goes off
5 warp back missing there borrowed time and getting make your choice
6 catch at top of stairs
7 profit
I can't buy either of those rn tho, I can either grab rancor or IF
Depends how often do you have that one guy left hatch game?
Not often. Usually I'm able to juggle gens and hatch-searching.
I’d use if for Myers cause Demi lacks a fast down I’d say rancor
Not sure what to say to that then.
Anyone who thinks IF is good I do not believe plays killer at rank 1. It's that bad of a perk. There are dozens of bad perks that are still much better than IF.
Opinions are opinions I guess.
I bought Infectious Fright because everyone has learned to counter play bbq/hide behind a gen or just bush camp the hook. Used it about 4 games already and It has already lead to so many snowball moments, I use Bubba and with this perk i dont have to patrol the hook until entity spawns anymore and I don't have to rely on Three gen so much.
Infectious Fright is a great tool to kick off huge snowballs. I'd recommend it over Rancor.
Infectious Fright definitely. Rancor serves if you are reliant on many things, infectious fright rewards you and punishes body blocking survivors, flashlights, etc... Definitely worth the buy!
IF is used to quickly snowball for a quick game.
You bring a Killer that can quickly down people like Billy/Nurse, bring Monitor for extra range (and because monitor is a good perk in general) and then go ham on them.
You down someone, IF procs and usually reveals at least one other Survivor, you down them too immediately and then it procs again telling you where the next target is and you go to down them too.
Infectious Fright Nurse is currently one of the builds people use when they want to utterly crush Survivors, since the Nurse can immediately be right ontop of them through walls after each down keeping an insane amount of pressure and momentum going very fast.
And of course if IF doesn't proc on a new Survivor then you just hook everyone you downed which is usually at least 2 Survivors right off the bat.
Additionally it's also useful in gimmiky builds such as dedicated slug builds, DD builds, large terror radius builds, ect. But that's less important for obvious reasons.
The only reason why I wouldn't use it on Spirit, Hag and Huntress is because of their small terror radius's.
Yup. I've seen rank 1-3 Hillbillies destroy with Infectious Fright.
I've noticed killer that can't quickly down, like Plague, will run IF and then just ignore anyone who screams. Like why even run the perk if that's what you're gonna do?
I love making everyone broken and then doing 3-gen infectious fright plague, typically not a hard snowball.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in enough games this week to make the shards necessary to buy Infectious Fright, but I definitely want it so I can go full ham with T3 Myers.
Definitely Infectious Fright. It's an amazing perk on every killer but currently underrated for M1 killers. It's currently my favourite killer perk, I like it so much.
*takes notes*
Definitely get infectious fright, it gives situational awareness for every down you get + can lead to an easy snowball (and even win) if used correctly.
Rancor gives situational awareness too, but its not in your control as much as Infectious. Most of the time you cant even get the free mori too.
You’ll honestly have to hope they don’t cleanse in that scenario, if they cleanse them for once it actually hurts Plague.
That's HybridPanda's opinion on the issue... he stated that in his latest shrinewatch.
Infectious Fright is much more reliable than Rancor.
Why not both?
So Rancor procs ONLY when a Gen is done, Infectious procs when someone is nearby.
At the end game you will get NO USE FROM RANCOR because you're using NOED.
At the end game your NOED's power is increased by Infectious Fright.
IF will get more usage than Rancor overall because Rancor only shows locations when you lose while IF shows locations when you win.
I say Infectious Fright.
Infectious fright is borderline amazing at rank 1, contrary to popular belief. And due to the fact that it works with the demogorgon's shred, you can shred someone and immediately go after another or be warned of someone attempting to go for a save. It forces people to split up. Rancor on the other hand gives some good aura reading ability/locational awareness rather, and the ability to down and mori the obsession which is less useful. If your already planning on endgame demo, then noed plus infectious will potentially allow you to snowball incredibly hard and completely negate adrenaline. Quick downs made even quicker in a snowball fashion
Ifectious fright is amazing combo perk. You can also with good luck down all people one by one and it's gg for you.
Infectious fright is sort of a niche perk. On it's own it can be somewhat useful, but with certain combos it can be devastating with the right killers. I haven't used it in too many different ways, but I really enjoy infectious fright with knock out. If infectious fright shows someone nearby, i can leave the slug and go after the creeper and not worry about other survs finding him. NOED is another perk it works with. However, like others have said, there are times where the perk just doesn't help really with much at all.
It might combo well with demogorgon perks, but I don't know about it being good with the demogorgon power.
Rancor is just a good perk in general; it's very existence creates pressure, you don't even have to mori anyone. The tracking is an added bonus, and to top it off, it doesn't require a combo perk to function at it's best.
That's why I had said "in most scenarios."
Nurse and Billy only sometimes being those one off scenarios.
"Additionally it's also useful in gimmiky builds"
I also wouldn't considered somethings viability from a gimmicky build.
Infectious Fright is awesome I run it on Myers and especially Trapper all the time
It lets you know where everyone is so you never have to worry about pallet or flashlight saves, it helps you snowball super well, and it's just a really fun perk to run
As a trapper you need to use every opportunity you can get to snowball even if you have to go all M1 and believe me when I say Infectious has saved games for me. It's so much information for just one perk slot it's crazy
Personally I'd replace NOED with MaA and then buy IF, allows you to snowball, gain map awareness and cannot be removed like NOED can.
The "overall community" lol. Honestly, I barely hear anyone talk about Infectious Fright at all, let alone hear some large consensus that it's a terrible perk.
Because at rank 1 a location ping is worth very little. Knowing where a survivor is for a moment means very little with how numerous and strong windows and pallets are. It may SEEM strong if you're playing against potatoes, but at rank 1 they generally are not. All perks are gonna seem strong if you're playing against low ranks that don't know what they're doing.
I am not saying its useless, it's better than nothing. There are just many, many perks that are way more impactful and by running this you are generally hindering yourself a lot by not running those other choices.
Infectious is also good for information. When peoole scream you will know where they are