Spirit is the most unbalanced killer

For one simple reason: as survivor you get absolutely no feedback about what the killer is doing while she is in her phase state, meanwhile the killer (spirit) get all sorts of feedback about what the survivor is doing (sounds, environmental movement, scratch marks) while she is in the phase. How is that fair? Simple answer: It's not. All survivors get is a noise which doesn't really tell you anything other than she's close and if she has prayer beads you don't even get that. Ultimately nothing is based on survivor skill but rather on the skill of the person playing spirit.

No other killer in the game is like that. Even with nurse you get feedback about what she is doing. You can see how she blinks and use that feedback to counter her. Whenever playing against a spirit it doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game. Instead I'm just moving around hoping I get lucky and that the person playing spirit doesn't have a pair of expensive headphones.

I understand that there are perks you can use that make it more difficult for her to track you while she is in her phase but even that isn't player skill. It's just crossing your fingers that it works and she doesn't find you. But you have no idea what she is doing so there is no way to counter her though skill. It's just luck and perks that increase luck.

This is why I don't like playing against spirit. It's not fun and it's extremely unbalanced where survivor skill doesn't really matter.

Comments

  • Spine chill is a good teller

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676086#Comment_676086

    Curious that you say green+ add-ons, when all the purple add-ons for Nurse except Campbell's Last Breath are trash.

    If I said general addons, it wouldn't be accurate. Since Spirits lower ones are terrible. Sorry for making one mistake.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    @Poweas. She’s unfun because she has VERY little counterplay unless you bring in the right perks. She has no interaction because for a majority of the chase she’s just standing still.

    Honestly the only add-ons I have an issue with are her purple add-ons. The Saya and Amulet are SUPER strong. Everytime I use it, no gens get done and my match is super easy. The lunge is insane ESPECIALLY paired with the Katana Suba. The lunge is about 2X to 3X the length of Wraith’s windstorm lunge.

    Prayer Beads as we all know are stupid.

    She doesn’t move grass or corn either while phasing.

    If the Spirit is good she isn’t gonna have any punishment. Her power goes into a cooldown but she is still faster than survivors AND she is usually right on their tail if she screws up her phase-walk. Nurse at least has a fatigue.

    Spirit is Nurse...just with a cooldown.

    I don’t wanna butcher her but I just wish there was a little more you could do to counter her besides cross your fingers she can’t hear and hope you brought in Iron Will (which is countered by Stridor so if she has that you are screwed either way)

    Do you have suggestions to nerf her without making her as bad as she used to be?

  • @Swiftblade131 Are you really trying to say you’re gonna beat a good Omega Blink Nurse? You have a VERY slight chance against a good Spirit. Long range blink Nurse? No way. That is EZ mode. Doesn’t matter if you’re the best survivor in the world...if the Nurse is good, you lose.

  • @HatCreature The difference between Pig and Prayer Beads Spirit is that you have a warning with Pig if you pay attention. She has to uncrouch and you hear her blade. I’ve only been gen grabbed by a Pig once and that is because I wasn’t paying attention.

    Spirit you have no warning besides very low sounding footsteps and rustling grass which you won’t hear if you’re working on a generator since it is super loud. You’re only hope is Spine Chill.

    Other stealth killers you have a warning. Myers has LOUD breathing. You can hear Ghostface’s cape. You can hear Wraith’s bell and even if he has silent bell he has an audible notification that he decloaked.

    Who really thinks Prayer Beads is balanced or okay?

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676239#Comment_676239

    Do you have suggestions to nerf her without making her as bad as she used to be?

    I don’t want any hardcore nerfs. Just more ways to counter her without being totally reliant on her good she is.

    1.) Grass and corn should move while she is phasing

    2.) Her lunge should be capped at the Saya (even that is pretty strong)...the Saya and Suba should not stack.

    3.) Prayer Beads needs to be reworked or at least have it so you can hear her breathing while phasing with PB.

    4.) Footsteps should be louder like Wraith’s

    5.) I’m not totally down with this but some people have suggested that she should have no collision while phasing.

    I’m not even concerned about the “pallet mindgame” where she stands still. If the survivor is stupid enough to stand there or vault back into her that is their fault. I just feel as though you should have more of a clue where she is while phasing not particularly if she is phasing or faking it.

  • There's like 4 viable killers at low ranks, don't expect them to get nerfed unless they re balance the game completely.

  • Just bring Spine Chill and Iron Will. Spine Chill activates when she’s phasing. Iron Will is her kryptonite cause she heavily relies on sound

  • @MegMain98 said:

    @Swiftblade131 Are you really trying to say you’re gonna beat a good Omega Blink Nurse? You have a VERY slight chance against a good Spirit. Long range blink Nurse? No way. That is EZ mode. Doesn’t matter if you’re the best survivor in the world...if the Nurse is good, you lose.

    Okay, glad we are not reading the post all the way through. Thanks.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676474#Comment_676474

    Okay, glad we are not reading the post all the way through. Thanks.

    Glad we’re getting another sarcastic person who thinks people didn’t read their post when somebody clearly responded to what they said.

    You’re welcome by the way 😘

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676468#Comment_676468

    I don’t want any hardcore nerfs. Just more ways to counter her without being totally reliant on her good she is.

    1.) Grass and corn should move while she is phasing

    2.) Her lunge should be capped at the Saya (even that is pretty strong)...the Saya and Suba should not stack.

    3.) Prayer Beads needs to be reworked or at least have it so you can hear her breathing while phasing with PB.

    4.) Footsteps should be louder like Wraith’s

    5.) I’m not totally down with this but some people have suggested that she should have no collision while phasing.

    I’m not even concerned about the “pallet mindgame” where she stands still. If the survivor is stupid enough to stand there or vault back into her that is their fault. I just feel as though you should have more of a clue where she is while phasing not particularly if she is phasing or faking it.

    They work, yeah. Open a thread on it :D

  • Wow I can't understand some people who refuse to adapt. We stated all the counters and strats and they're still whining. No nerf for my Rin.

    Just

    13-53-25-downloadfile.jpg

    And stop crying

  • @Nenkie said:

    There's like 4 viable killers at low ranks, don't expect them to get nerfed unless they re balance the game completely.

    Isn't there 6?

    There's Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Billy, Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress.

    I mean only Nurse and Spirit are overpowered too. Hag and Billy are just very strong but not OP. Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress are strong.

  • @Nenkie Forgot Plague, she's strong too. That makes 7.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676502#Comment_676502

    Isn't there 6?

    There's Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Billy, Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress.

    I mean only Nurse and Spirit are overpowered too. Hag and Billy are just very strong but not OP. Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress are strong.

    OP against solos, not SWF

  • @MegMain98 said:

    @HatCreature The difference between Pig and Prayer Beads Spirit is that you have a warning with Pig if you pay attention. She has to uncrouch and you hear her blade. I’ve only been gen grabbed by a Pig once and that is because I wasn’t paying attention.

    Spirit you have no warning besides very low sounding footsteps and rustling grass which you won’t hear if you’re working on a generator since it is super loud. You’re only hope is Spine Chill.

    Other stealth killers you have a warning. Myers has LOUD breathing. You can hear Ghostface’s cape. You can hear Wraith’s bell and even if he has silent bell he has an audible notification that he decloaked.

    Who really thinks Prayer Beads is balanced or okay?

    Seems I'm missing a lot of sounds, I don't wear headphones as Survivor lol

    If anything, keep the ability but maybe make her footsteps even louder? I do feel that stealth Killers who can't be seen should make more noise like Wraith. Also hearing invisible feet patter and splash on grass and wood is kind of creepy so it should make her scarier but also be able to play around.

  • There's a lot of unbalanced things in this game, people just want to use Spirit as a excuse because is very convencional but forgot what M1 killers suffer against high ranks. I honestly don't blame people for playing Spirit or Nurse


    Prayer beads is bullshit but the killer itself? Nah

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676502#Comment_676502

    Isn't there 6?

    There's Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Billy, Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress.

    I mean only Nurse and Spirit are overpowered too. Hag and Billy are just very strong but not OP. Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress are strong.

    I wouldn't say Myers or Ghost Face are strong, they are too weak against looping and gen rush, Huntress is too map dependent and I am not too sure about Demogorgon, but I don't think he will be that strong after people learn how to counter him. So yes, just 4 strong killers.

  • Im surprised no one is talking about her passive ability, the main power is fine but I HATE her passive phasing in and out, it makes for no counterplay at pallet loops unless you drop them early...(which is wasteful) -_- even jungle gyms are annoying, I usually mindgame myself and get caught

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    The side with the advantage in a mindgame comes down to statistics, not information.

    Information determines what the possible outcomes of the mindgame are in the first place, but if a mindgame is occuring then raw data is never the primary factor for it's outcome. That just isn't how mindgames work.

    The Spirit standing still signifies that she is attempting something. Even if you don't know for sure what she is attempting, you CAN figure out the possibilities. From there you simply cover the option you think she will preform based off of the ones she has preformed up to this point, and then run to the next loop in order to do it again.

    For example if you see her stop moving when you throw a pallet down in front of her then you know that she either is standing still or she isn't.

    If you had Spine Chill or a flashlight then there would be no mindgame, you would just know and get it every time.

    But otherwise you determine it based off of what she has been doing in previous mindgame attempts. This is never 100% reliable but you can do way better than random chance if you know what you are doing.

    In anycase either she is going around the pallet or she isn't, the specifics don't really matter, what does matter is that you should either vault the pallet and run in order to dodge the hit, or you should run without vaulting in order to get to the next loop before she can get to you by starting to phase after the fact. Her range isn't as big as you would think so it's completely doable so long as the loop you are at isn't the only one.

    If you ARE at the only loop then things become way more challenging for you since the Spirit only has 1 wrong move and many right moves. But at that point you've messed up anyways and SHOULD need to get an extremely hard read in order to avoid a hit, much like baiting out a Killer baiting out a Dead Hard.

    "For example if you see her stop moving when you throw a pallet down in front of her then you know that she either is standing still or she isn't."

    ???

    she is not moving or she is moving . pretty sure there is no 3rd option xd

  • Oh look. Another post "I don't want to learn how to play against that and that killer so it have to be nerfed, because we are poor survivors"

  • @n2njauwu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675686#Comment_675686

    "For example if you see her stop moving when you throw a pallet down in front of her then you know that she either is standing still or she isn't."

    ???

    she is not moving or she is moving . pretty sure there is no 3rd option xd

    Yes?

    She is either not moving or moving.

    But if you see her not moving that information is unreliable and thus isn't enough to be sure, whereas if you saw her moving that's reliable information and thus doesn't require a mindgame in order to respond to it.

    Standing still and phase walking both look like standing still.

    So if you see her standing still those are your 2 possibilities, counter the one you think she actually did and if you predicted her correctly you will avoid the hit and be able to get to the next pallet.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676502#Comment_676502

    Isn't there 6?

    There's Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Billy, Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress.

    I mean only Nurse and Spirit are overpowered too. Hag and Billy are just very strong but not OP. Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress are strong.

    Myers and GF can get stomped pretty easily by a competent group.

    Huntress has like five good maps for her.

    Demogorgon is actually pretty good, I think he is still able to get bullied.

    Plague is also great but if survivors don’t cleanse then she’s just a basic M1 killer that is able to be looped.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu Damn...didn’t know that discussing counterplay to a killer who all round has little to none is crying.

    I MAIN Spirit. My games are super easy. There is no challenge. You can’t do anything to a competent Spirit but lose.

    Having counterplay is healthy for the game and not exactly nerfing the killer.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676563#Comment_676563

    Glad we’re getting another sarcastic person who thinks people didn’t read their post when somebody clearly responded to what they said.

    You’re welcome by the way 😘

    Damn, where's my kiss?

    In all seriousness though, a Spirit with great headphones is honestly a nightmare with very little counterplay. I play her a great deal along with Hag at red ranks (rank 1) and I regularly 4K with her with fair ease. If you aren't a strong SWF group then you're #########. I think solo queue should be buffed to be on par with SWF then we'll see how strong she is. Perhaps they could just add a bit more counterplay and nerf prayer beads.

  • Just here to say



    SPIRIT DOES NOT MOVE GRASS IN PHASE



    WAH

  • @Corrupted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676569#Comment_676569

    Damn, where's my kiss?

    In all seriousness though, a Spirit with great headphones is honestly a nightmare with very little counterplay. I play her a great deal along with Hag at red ranks (rank 1) and I regularly 4K with her with fair ease. If you aren't a strong SWF group then you're #########. I think solo queue should be buffed to be on par with SWF then we see how strong she is. Perhaps they could just add a bit more counterplay and nerf prayer beads.

    Hag mains get ALL the kisses! I love Ms. Wood Witch ❤️

    Spirit is a nightmare to face if they have good headphones. I have Turtle Beach headphones and I can clearly hear which direction they are running. Even with Iron Will it isn’t hard because I can hear the footsteps.

    More counterplay is all people want. They don’t wanna feel like they lost the dice roll. Outplaying your opponent is one of the most rewarding parts of the game. The Spirit never really outplays anyone and survivors never have a chance to against a Spirit.

    Prayer Beads are another league of stupidity. I dunno if I hate PB or Iridescent Head more.

  • If you wanna summon @thesuicidefox just say that Spirit moves grass and corn and like magic...they appear.

  • What even is "expensive headphones" if you want quality headphones and not some dollar store headsets you're looking to spend at least $200+.

  • @Steve0333 said:

    For one simple reason: as survivor you get absolutely no feedback about what the killer is doing while she is in her phase state, meanwhile the killer (spirit) get all sorts of feedback about what the survivor is doing (sounds, environmental movement, scratch marks) while she is in the phase. How is that fair? Simple answer: It's not. All survivors get is a noise which doesn't really tell you anything other than she's close and if she has prayer beads you don't even get that. Ultimately nothing is based on survivor skill but rather on the skill of the person playing spirit.

    No other killer in the game is like that. Even with nurse you get feedback about what she is doing. You can see how she blinks and use that feedback to counter her. Whenever playing against a spirit it doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game. Instead I'm just moving around hoping I get lucky and that the person playing spirit doesn't have a pair of expensive headphones.

    I understand that there are perks you can use that make it more difficult for her to track you while she is in her phase but even that isn't player skill. It's just crossing your fingers that it works and she doesn't find you. But you have no idea what she is doing so there is no way to counter her though skill. It's just luck and perks that increase luck.

    This is why I don't like playing against spirit. It's not fun and it's extremely unbalanced where survivor skill doesn't really matter.

    Gen rush is unbalanced. Is insane!

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676766#Comment_676766

    Hag mains get ALL the kisses! I love Ms. Wood Witch ❤️

    Spirit is a nightmare to face if they have good headphones. I have Turtle Beach headphones and I can clearly hear which direction they are running. Even with Iron Will it isn’t hard because I can hear the footsteps.

    More counterplay is all people want. They don’t wanna feel like they lost the dice roll. Outplaying your opponent is one of the most rewarding parts of the game. The Spirit never really outplays anyone and survivors never have a chance to against a Spirit.

    Prayer Beads are another league of stupidity. I dunno if I hate PB or Iridescent Head more.

    Woot, woot.😘💞 You play on PS4 right? What's your PSN? And yeah, I use arctis pro headsets. It's so good that I can hear survivors breathing if they just finished running. Spirit just needs more counterplay and is a monster in solo queue. Iri head and prayer beads need to go. I know some people that insta D/C against Spirit. Which Turtle beaches do you have also?

  • The beads are broken but that's it.

  • @Corrupted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676798#Comment_676798

    Woot, woot.😘💞 You play on PS4 right? What's your PSN? And yeah, I use arctis pro headsets. It's so good that I can hear survivors breathing if they just finished running. Spirit just needs more counterplay and is a monster in solo queue. Iri head and prayer beads need to go. I know some people that insta D/C against Spirit. Which Turtle beaches do you have also?

    I think the Turtle Beach headphones that I have is called Recon 70. I got it from Wal-Mart...really good quality.

    Can’t even deny that I have D/C’ed from Prayer Beads and Iridescent Head before because I don’t feel like dealing with the BS. Honestly now I just don’t care enough, I get my bloodpoints and move on. I’ll suffer I guess.

    My PSN name is SpongeBoy2898 (I’m a huge SpongeBob fan).

    If anybody else wants to add me then feel free to do so 😊

  • @Steve0333 said:

    For one simple reason: as survivor you get absolutely no feedback about what the killer is doing while she is in her phase state, meanwhile the killer (spirit) get all sorts of feedback about what the survivor is doing (sounds, environmental movement, scratch marks) while she is in the phase. How is that fair? Simple answer: It's not. All survivors get is a noise which doesn't really tell you anything other than she's close and if she has prayer beads you don't even get that. Ultimately nothing is based on survivor skill but rather on the skill of the person playing spirit.

    No other killer in the game is like that. Even with nurse you get feedback about what she is doing. You can see how she blinks and use that feedback to counter her. Whenever playing against a spirit it doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game. Instead I'm just moving around hoping I get lucky and that the person playing spirit doesn't have a pair of expensive headphones.

    I understand that there are perks you can use that make it more difficult for her to track you while she is in her phase but even that isn't player skill. It's just crossing your fingers that it works and she doesn't find you. But you have no idea what she is doing so there is no way to counter her though skill. It's just luck and perks that increase luck.

    This is why I don't like playing against spirit. It's not fun and it's extremely unbalanced where survivor skill doesn't really matter.

    I bet you think gen speeds are okay. Go watch true talent play spirit. Shes counterable. Get over yourself mate

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675839#Comment_675839

    Needing a perk to counter one addon shows imbalance. Just because it is rare doesn't make it fine.

    If a spirit doesn't make any mistake and is really really good, there is no counter play.

    Not true. Mindgames are on both sides. Watch true talent play spirit.

  • Make it so that she can't bump into survivors while phasing. Also, give her a subtle animation that indicates she has begun phasing.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676852#Comment_676852

    I think the Turtle Beach headphones that I have is called Recon 70. I got it from Wal-Mart...really good quality.

    Can’t even deny that I have D/C’ed from Prayer Beads and Iridescent Head before because I don’t feel like dealing with the BS. Honestly now I just don’t care enough, I get my bloodpoints and move on. I’ll suffer I guess.

    My PSN name is SpongeBoy2898 (I’m a huge SpongeBob fan).

    If anybody else wants to add me then feel free to do so 😊

    Will you ever come to PC? I'd love to play with you we get along so well.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675678#Comment_675678

    Actually, flashlights aren't that good against Spirit, she can jus look down to not get blinded and trick the survivors that she's phasing, making them jump in her arms.

    if she was looking down then she won't be able to have you in her sight of where you're heading

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675846#Comment_675846

    The fact that only two killers are viable at red ranks, shows a more significant imbalance imo than this

    And all killers make mistakes. We are not AI. We are humans.

    Also, have you heard of the double back and q&q strats? Just saying

    Oh wow, it sucks to run a perk to counter something, *cough RUIN! cough*

  • @arslaN said:

    Spirit DOES NOT move the grass while she's phasing. There was a recent post about this.

    The problem with both nurse and spirit is that when someone is really good with them, you have no chance to escape at all. Every chase lasts 20 seconds if they can predict you well enough and there is nothing you can really do.

    At this point I prefer going against a nurse than spirit. Going against spirit is not enjoyable at all.

    Also, just rework prayer beads into something else. Making it ultra rare won't fix anything.

    yeah, but people tend to forget this is a 4v1 game and survivors want the chases to last long like its a 1v1! The killer is suppose to have the god damn power role! Learn to adapt and not rely always on the same looping tiles

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676852#Comment_676852

    I think the Turtle Beach headphones that I have is called Recon 70. I got it from Wal-Mart...really good quality.

    Can’t even deny that I have D/C’ed from Prayer Beads and Iridescent Head before because I don’t feel like dealing with the BS. Honestly now I just don’t care enough, I get my bloodpoints and move on. I’ll suffer I guess.

    My PSN name is SpongeBoy2898 (I’m a huge SpongeBob fan).

    If anybody else wants to add me then feel free to do so 😊

    I think I’ve faced you before, escaped through the hatch against me I believe.

  • @Chop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675782#Comment_675782

    if she was looking down then she won't be able to have you in her sight of where you're heading

    No, but survivors might think she's actually phasing and jump back into her.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676502#Comment_676502

    Isn't there 6?

    There's Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Billy, Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress.

    I mean only Nurse and Spirit are overpowered too. Hag and Billy are just very strong but not OP. Myers, Demogorgon, Ghostface and Huntress are strong.

    We're referring to the cream of the crop... the teams that can get the gates open in under 5mins myers isnt going to slow them down same with plauge and gf..... hag.............. shes top 5 but the teams we're referring to wouldn't fall for her all that much... so no theres maybe 3 that can handle what we're talking about...

  • @Chop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675851#Comment_675851

    Oh wow, it sucks to run a perk to counter something, *cough RUIN! cough*

    I was going to bring this up too..... damn it kinda feels good that survivors feel that they have to run a perk in order to counter 1 out of like 15 killers.....

  • Imma just leave this here

    2EF58ADD-C44F-438F-AF01-997D07024D98.png


  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678012#Comment_678012

    I was going to bring this up too..... damn it kinda feels good that survivors feel that they have to run a perk in order to counter 1 out of like 15 killers.....

    Well it is very helpful in general for juking killers not only spirit. Especially when you combine it with q&q

    Of course survivor mains only run crutch perks so iron will is a perk not so appealing

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678235#Comment_678235

    Well it is very helpful in general for juking killers not only spirit. Especially when you combine it with q&q

    That's what I've been saying in these type of threads.... spine chill, IW these 2 can have massive effects against other killers....

1 2 3