Spirit is the most unbalanced killer

For one simple reason: as survivor you get absolutely no feedback about what the killer is doing while she is in her phase state, meanwhile the killer (spirit) get all sorts of feedback about what the survivor is doing (sounds, environmental movement, scratch marks) while she is in the phase. How is that fair? Simple answer: It's not. All survivors get is a noise which doesn't really tell you anything other than she's close and if she has prayer beads you don't even get that. Ultimately nothing is based on survivor skill but rather on the skill of the person playing spirit.

No other killer in the game is like that. Even with nurse you get feedback about what she is doing. You can see how she blinks and use that feedback to counter her. Whenever playing against a spirit it doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game. Instead I'm just moving around hoping I get lucky and that the person playing spirit doesn't have a pair of expensive headphones.

I understand that there are perks you can use that make it more difficult for her to track you while she is in her phase but even that isn't player skill. It's just crossing your fingers that it works and she doesn't find you. But you have no idea what she is doing so there is no way to counter her though skill. It's just luck and perks that increase luck.

This is why I don't like playing against spirit. It's not fun and it's extremely unbalanced where survivor skill doesn't really matter.

Comments

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678249#Comment_678249

    That's what I've been saying in these type of threads.... spine chill, IW these 2 can have massive effects against other killers....

    And they're still insisting that spirit needs a nerf. Whatever we say we can't change the mind of survivor mains who want ez games bulling the killer

    I really hope the devs don't listen to them and nerf her like they did to legion who got destroyed

  • A meme that's just as fictional as both the book it was ripped from and the opinion and putting forth.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676961#Comment_676961

    I think I’ve faced you before, escaped through the hatch against me I believe.

    You play on PS4 too? Didn’t know you did.

    I’ve faced many people. I’ve seen screenshots of players and I recognize many of their names.

    I’m a pretty good survivor, although I have my boosted moments. I can usually keep a killer occupied for a while.

    Who is your main killer? I think you play Hag frequently right?

  • @Bravo0413 There isn’t anything to fall for with Hag. If she has her traps in good places then she is in a good spot to win. She has great chase potential and is absolutely deadly with Make Your Choice. Even a competent team would have trouble against a good Hag. She’s no slouch.

    She is hard countered by flashlights though. I usually won’t play Hag if I see flashlights.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676961#Comment_676961

    Will you ever come to PC? I'd love to play with you we get along so well.

    I’d love to play on PC but I started on PS4 and it would take me AGES to get my characters leveled up. I have 6 P3 survivors (Meg, Claudette, Dwight, Nea, Feng, and Kate) and 7 P3 killers (Nurse, Hag, Myers, Huntress, Pig, Spirit, and Plague) That’s a ton of bloodpoints. I wouldn’t prestige if I were to ever switch though.

    Wish your progress would transfer from each platform :/

    PC is much better than console though I can’t deny.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    @Bravo0413 There isn’t anything to fall for with Hag. If she has her traps in good places then she is in a good spot to win. She has great chase potential and is absolutely deadly with Make Your Choice. Even a competent team would have trouble against a good Hag. She’s no slouch.

    She is hard countered by flashlights though. I usually won’t play Hag if I see flashlights.

    "Fall for" was improper wording, you're right.... "tripping her traps" is more accurate...... she is a strong killer for sure and she may have the best map mobility/presence in the game.... but you can come across thoughts comment teams that can render her power almost useless vai crouching and as you stated flashlights

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678165#Comment_678165

    You play on PS4 too? Didn’t know you did.

    I’ve faced many people. I’ve seen screenshots of players and I recognize many of their names.

    I’m a pretty good survivor, although I have my boosted moments. I can usually keep a killer occupied for a while.

    Who is your main killer? I think you play Hag frequently right?

    Leatherface is my main guy but you might’ve faced my hag before, I play her occasionally. If you’ve faced TreemanXD then that was me! :D

  • I think I would rather run into a good spirit than a good nurse. Spirit has to take the time to actually get somewhere, and she probably will get a hit... but Nurse is just THERE swinging a saw into your face. You drop a pallet on a spirit she’s says ‘ive got to think about this’ You drop a pallet on a nurse... just say you do... she says ‘that’s cute’ and swings a saw into your face. Prayer beads compared to 5 blinks is a stick compared to a shotgun.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676583#Comment_676583

    We're referring to the cream of the crop... the teams that can get the gates open in under 5mins myers isnt going to slow them down same with plauge and gf..... hag.............. shes top 5 but the teams we're referring to wouldn't fall for her all that much... so no theres maybe 3 that can handle what we're talking about...

    Hag can easily stomp them, she's more effective than Billy lol.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/675839#Comment_675839

    Needing a perk to counter one addon shows imbalance. Just because it is rare doesn't make it fine.

    If a spirit doesn't make any mistake and is really really good, there is no counter play.

    That’s the same for every killer

  • Nurse with omega blinks

    Hillbilly with map pressure + insta downs

    Huntress with 3 Instadown Hatchets


    Yet somehow survivors say spirit is much worse than these 3 combined.

  • Remove Spirit's player collision in phase.

  • You can hear her footsteps, and you can scratch mark juke. You also have Spine Chill to see where she actually is and see if she is mind gaming you by actually phasing or pretending to be phasing. Iron Will so that she can't hear you. Lightweight will make your scratch marks disappear faster. Spine Chill also allows you to prepare for her arrival in advance so that she might not even spot you.

    I played a match earlier against a Rank 4 Spirit and I looped her for 3 gens. It's not easy against Spirit, but it is certainly possible. You just need to be ready to think quick, expect mindgames, and mindgame her yourself.

  • @Kabu said:

    Make it so that she can't bump into survivors while phasing. Also, give her a subtle animation that indicates she has begun phasing.

    I play survivor and dont like to be scared. I want no mindgames and no interesting gameplay. The game should be in my favor even though they are literally murderers. This assymetrical horror game is not fun because it is scary but because the devs love me the most. I am the 4/5ths and the game is balanced around me, the side that lacks any stress despite being chased by someone who wants to slaughter me. Instead the killer is stressed but that is fair because I am one sided and dont understand balance. A mindgame that I am not able to win constantly is only something I will complain about.


    ADAPT SURVIVOR MAIN

  • Oh, how we soon forget who once was considered the "invisible man" named Freddy...

    Free hits for days, and bad stealth to boot. But yeah, Spirit is the harder one to detect when looping her, but she isn't really impossible to loop as many have described...

    Prayer beads is broken though, nobody can deny that. Its really easy feeling for a "bulge" around a generator and just un-phasing to grab someone off a generator.

  • @WickedMilk03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677037#Comment_677037

    I play survivor and dont like to be scared. I want no mindgames and no interesting gameplay. The game should be in my favor even though they are literally murderers. This assymetrical horror game is not fun because it is scary but because the devs love me the most. I am the 4/5ths and the game is balanced around me, the side that lacks any stress despite being chased by someone who wants to slaughter me. Instead the killer is stressed but that is fair because I am one sided and dont understand balance. A mindgame that I am not able to win constantly is only something I will complain about.

    ADAPT SURVIVOR MAIN

    You serious? I'm a Spirit main... She needs tweaks.

  • @DrVeloxcity said:

    You can hear her footsteps, and you can scratch mark juke. You also have Spine Chill to see where she actually is and see if she is mind gaming you by actually phasing or pretending to be phasing. Iron Will so that she can't hear you. Lightweight will make your scratch marks disappear faster. Spine Chill also allows you to prepare for her arrival in advance so that she might not even spot you.

    I played a match earlier against a Rank 4 Spirit and I looped her for 3 gens. It's not easy against Spirit, but it is certainly possible. You just need to be ready to think quick, expect mindgames, and mindgame her yourself.

    @DrVeloxcity Spine Chill doesn't tell you where she is. Only if the killer is looking in your direction.

    The problem I have with her is while in phase mode you her survivors VERY clear when injured, so not being able to physically see them and 'mind gaming' using your own scratch marks means nothing.

  • @Kabu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/688994#Comment_688994

    You serious? I'm a Spirit main... She needs tweaks.

    No. I am also spirit main. I play both sides and have 2300 hours in the game. She is the best killer as in: most fair, most rewarding for having big brain, most mindgame killer and its perfect for the game.

    I made a post a while back on why shes great and why more killers should be like her. She is the only killer that survivors kind of fear. This is a horror game.

    There are many vids out there that show spirit getting outplayed. It is possible but hard. Killers should be the strong ones, not survivors. They are the 1/5. They have to balance everything on their backs. They have the stress. Spirit is the only killer I can play and lose and say "that was my fault." which is something the other killers cant say because the objectives are SO quick when survivors actually try but they like to chase and have fun which is why the gen rush does happen always.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/678007#Comment_678007

    No, but survivors might think she's actually phasing and jump back into her.

    THATS THE MINDGAME! YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT! USE BIG BRAIN!

    If other survivors can do it then you can too and if not, there is a trash ranking system in place.

    Spirit is the most balanced because she forces survivors to actually play smart and she herself has to play smart. That is healthy for this game.

    It is natural selection. bad survivors need to adapt or die because the good ones can do it and there are better things to ask for than this like more entertaining objectives that last longer. Because right now they are short and boring which makes them seem long which means no one does them. But when they do its basically guaranteed win.

    Make it more fun but longer is perfect because survivors right now have to go and die to have fun. MAKE OBJ FUN THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD ASK FOR

  • @WickedMilk03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689012#Comment_689012

    No. I am also spirit main. I play both sides and have 2300 hours in the game. She is the best killer as in: most fair, most rewarding for having big brain, most mindgame killer and its perfect for the game.

    I made a post a while back on why shes great and why more killers should be like her. She is the only killer that survivors kind of fear. This is a horror game.

    There are many vids out there that show spirit getting outplayed. It is possible but hard. Killers should be the strong ones, not survivors. They are the 1/5. They have to balance everything on their backs. They have the stress. Spirit is the only killer I can play and lose and say "that was my fault." which is something the other killers cant say because the objectives are SO quick when survivors actually try but they like to chase and have fun which is why the gen rush does happen always.

    I don't care. I said my piece and wasn't looking for a conversation so stop quoting me.

  • @Kabu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689027#Comment_689027

    I don't care. I said my piece and wasn't looking for a conversation so stop quoting me.

    Thats the whole point of discussion though. Maybe next time you could add

    "nuff said"

1 2 3 ›