surge already nerfed?!

really devs? really? you already nerfed the ######### out this perk before we could even test it? yall never change i guess 🤢

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    We did mention that they were subject to change. That stream was recorded weeks in advance while the perks were still being balanced.

    Basically we'd erred on the side of caution. On a small map like Coal Tower or in a three gen scenario, it could be overwhelming. If it's too good, that's going to make it hard to actually review feedback on the new killer (is it because the killer's too good, or just because of the perk?). If it's not good enough, worst case scenario we buff it before the update goes live. This is what the PTB is for, after all.

    This is why we typically don't reveal numbers until they are final.

    I think killers will have a damn hard time using that on mount Ormond or blood lodge....

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    Second Wind was sidegraded.

    It was 20 seconds outside of the terror radius

    But now it's 30 seconds no matter what.

    Sounds like an upgrade more than a sidegrade

  • I don't see how it's any more OP during a 3 gen situation than pop. If there's 4 survivors up the killer is still done for if they are good. And if you are proccing it multiple times on the same gen (i.e. downing 2 survivors) the game is over anyways. Survivors should be punished for a 3 gen anyways.

  • Probably, but I haven't actually gone and check how many times the difference would matter.

    Would't be that hard to test but still.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    They said values aren't final and might change until PTB and change until hitting life of course. It's a normal step during development a lot of perks and values get tweaked beforehand.

    That's not the point, the point is that in this way the perk is nerfed to the ground. 24 meters are nothing, especially in big maps.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666278#Comment_666278

    That's not the point, the point is that in this way the perk is nerfed to the ground. 24 meters are nothing, especially in big maps.

    How many small maps are there compared to big maps where this would be a problem

  • @n2njauwu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666430#Comment_666430

    so what there are like few small maps and tons of huge maps . atleast it could help with map pressure . . or you could make it with the killer TR scaling , synergies with distressing

    Puttin distressing does no changes surge radius its a fixed radius

  • Thats true, but maybe it will get changed in the future, but I mean even with 32 Meters surge is not that strong with that range and cruel will be never actually be used, unless just for fun.

    But I wonder why they dont change cruel to "all vault locations around you in 32 Meters are blocked after a gen is completed" that perk would be actually decent and not op at all because its kinda random when you will get a benefit of this perk and you can only use it 5 times.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wow (facepalm)

    IT’S...

    STILL...

    A...

    48m...

    DIAMETER...

    CIRCLE OF TOTAL COVERAGE!!!

    You all seem to be oblivious to how large that kind of coverage still is.

    Why are you counting it as 48 when the majority maps don't have 2 floors and even then it still isn't 48

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    Not that big of a nerf. 24 meters is still a significant area. As for camaraderie, it only affects campers. I don't camp, so I don't care.

    Uhm..its a 25 percent range nerf to be fair

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666754#Comment_666754

    Just because you dont agree with the changes doesnt mean you're entitled to whine until they're reverted.

    If you dont like the changes, dont play. It's easy.

    But what's not ok is when someone says "hey, this is gonna change" and people see it change, then get outraged as if it was a personal attack.

    He does have a point though..we arnt required to agree

  • I hope those who are pointing out how unbelievably large 24m radii (or 48 diameters) are also ok if all of the killers with 32m terror radii get reduced to 24m (like the Hag's or Spirit's).

  • If you think 24 meter is huge area, than you probably won't mind all killer's terror radius getting 24 TR. each 8 meters is roughly 1 tileset, It's about the size of the middle of hospital institute. The extra total area doesn't matter, what matters is the radius of the circle between downed survivor and generator your trying to surge. Survivors can easily run away from generator that is getting worked on and Nancy's new perk that shows aura of generators directly counter it. There buffs to the survivor perks are pretty sweet, but the killer perks got short end of the stick. I wish MindBreak didn't have 50% generator condition for exhaustion, it could been useful perk for stalling survivors exhaustion perks.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666897#Comment_666897

    It is 34 seconds whenever a survivor is near the hook, not when the Killer ism

    I am aware of that. If a survivor wants to hang out by the hook for 34 seconds while the other is on the hook, I'm good with that. That is 2 survivors not doing gens and I'm likely chasing the 3rd. Slowing the game down for me.

  • I know, but when you take into consideration the fact that the original range was arbitrary at best, the new range is not gimp. I'll be happy to run this as it is yet another way to slow the game down some and it isn't a totem. 24 meters is nothing to cry about.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667412#Comment_667412

    I know, but when you take into consideration the fact that the original range was arbitrary at best, the new range is not gimp. I'll be happy to run this as it is yet another way to slow the game down some and it isn't a totem. 24 meters is nothing to cry about.

    When I dont get to control it, have strict requirements, and it's on cooldown..I'm sorry but mediocre isnt right when there are multiple potential meta perks on the survivor end

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667638#Comment_667638

    So if the middle of Lery’s is about 24m, put 4 of them together in a grid, cut off a bit of a corner on each of them, and that gives a rough idea how large the area of coverage will be. 24m radius is still significant. That kinda size still makes it probable a gen or 2 will almost always blow.

    i am saying that small circle on lery is the entire 24 meters. you'll have trouble using the perk against one generator on most the maps, let alone 2 generators. Survivors control where they get downed, so It wouldn't be surprising if you had some games where you don't get to use it once if survivors properly counter it on big maps like the temple of Purgation. 12% regression is pretty low reward, Wasted perk slot, but hey it's PTB so it might change on live.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666270#Comment_666270

    Wait, Cruel got nerfed as well to 24 meters? Lol, that perk already looked like it would be very situational. Definitely not going to use that perk.

    Hopefully they'll get buffed again, I want more perk variety.

    Right?.... 1 sprint burst or 1 exhaustion perk use in general and you're out of the range of CC... if you're even in the range of it to begin with.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667116#Comment_667116

    I am aware of that. If a survivor wants to hang out by the hook for 34 seconds while the other is on the hook, I'm good with that. That is 2 survivors not doing gens and I'm likely chasing the 3rd. Slowing the game down for me.

    I was under the impression that once it triggers, the survivor can just walk away and the effect will still be active.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666754#Comment_666754

    Just because you dont agree with the changes doesnt mean you're entitled to whine until they're reverted.

    If you dont like the changes, dont play. It's easy.

    But what's not ok is when someone says "hey, this is gonna change" and people see it change, then get outraged as if it was a personal attack.

    I’m not sure where you live but I live in a democracy. People are allowed to “whine” as much as they want and it is by “whining” that the devs would become aware that people don’t like the changes and might revert them.

    If you actually cared to read my post you would notice that I’m not outraged at all about the changes and can see why they were changed.

  • Imagine playing surge on the temple of plurgation, ormond, yamaoka or swamp. On these maps even with 32 meter radius, you would get max 2 gens. Onky on hawkins and the game it would be decent. And if someone is working on a gen, 12% is only 10 seconds of regression. I hope the numbers will be reverted. Also nerfing perk that blocks valuts is really dumb. Its alredy very situational. How many times you will be near generator when it pops? 1 or 2 times? The other times you wil be chasing someone else.

  • @avilmask said:

    Surge works with PGTW, on all gens, and PGTW doesn't go on CD. I guess, it needs to be fixed :D

    Actually it doesn't because Surge occurs when you down a survivor, while PGTW gives it to you when you hook someone.

    It never needed to be fixed.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666372#Comment_666372

    Second wind was buffed. You don't need to be outside of terror radius to make this perk starts to heal you.

    That's broken, and defeats the point of it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667659#Comment_667659

    I was under the impression that once it triggers, the survivor can just walk away and the effect will still be active.

    No. From the way it is worded and how it was explained, the effect lasts up to 34 seconds or as long as a survivor is within 16m of the hook.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667638#Comment_667638

    So if the middle of Lery’s is about 24m, put 4 of them together in a grid, cut off a bit of a corner on each of them, and that gives a rough idea how large the area of coverage will be. 24m radius is still significant. That kinda size still makes it probable a gen or 2 will almost always blow.

    A gen or 2 blowing = outclassed by PGTW

    You need at least 3 gens usually to pop in order for it to be a good alternative perk.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666274#Comment_666274

    Actually it doesn't because Surge occurs when you down a survivor, while PGTW gives it to you when you hook someone.

    It never needed to be fixed.

    Is not like you can hit people after hooking someone right? On moment of my comment active PGTW was applied with surge, and didn't deactivate. So you could hook, surge, and use pop again, basically reducing one gen from 90 to 0.

  • @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667874#Comment_667874

    Is not like you can hit people after hooking someone right? On moment of my comment active PGTW was applied with surge, and didn't deactivate. So you could hook, surge, and use pop again, basically reducing one gen from 90 to 0.

    At best it would reduce it by 37%, not 90%.

  • Dependes, if someone worked on a gen during surge and instead of leaving kept working, you hit the gen twice, making it 50 from double pop + 12 from surge + explosion.

    Technically it's minimum 37 + explosion.

    Not 90, you're right, but quite a lot :)

  • @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668404#Comment_668404

    Dependes, if someone worked on a gen during surge and instead of leaving kept working, you hit the gen twice, making it 50 from double pop + 12 from surge + explosion.

    Technically it's minimum 37 + explosion.

    Not 90, you're right, but quite a lot :)

    The explosion isn't additional regression, it's just the 12% that's already accounted for.

    And if you are bringing up multiple chases then you could pick any number between 25% and 300% regression from PGTW, so it doesn't mean too much.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668412#Comment_668412

    The explosion isn't additional regression, it's just the 12% that's already accounted for.

    And if you are bringing up multiple chases then you could pick any number between 25% and 300% regression from PGTW, so it doesn't mean too much.

    I was sure devs said it's additional +12% to explosion. Hard to pinpoint progress just on visual, so I guess I'll believe your word on it?

  • @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668416#Comment_668416

    I was sure devs said it's additional +12% to explosion. Hard to pinpoint progress just on visual, so I guess I'll believe your word on it?

    It's 12% regression plus the normal regression over time. That's it.

  • devs: "all numbers shown are subject to change"

    manic dbd players: "aLrEaDy NeRfEd?? sUrViVoR pErK bUfFeD?!"

  • So wait.

    With my bad english.

    Sry :3

    I do my math.

    Doc with both addons and distressing create a ~54m TR.

    We all know, if he stands in the middle of the map "The game",

    then his TR is complete map size.

    image.png

    54m TR = ~5m^2

    I know my math sucks, but this is how I calculate TR as killer.

    The perk has a radius of 24m.

    This is nearly the half size from the map "the game".

    So we got a better feeling for 24m.

    You know how small the game map is and you have a feeling for it.

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Realms

    The basic map size is 10m^2.

    This is "the game" map *2.

    So with 24m, you get maybe 1 gen in range.

    With 32m, you get maybe 2 gen in range.

    AND the survivor must be downed near the gens.

    AND it has a 40 seconds cooldown.

    Even with the 3 gen tactic, this perk is limited by his cooldown,radius and effect.

  • Imagine if Pig did not get nerfed, then we would have an incredibly broken killer during EGC as the survivor has to take of the beartrap, possibly wait for the Bloodwarden to end if it happens, and I did not mention the time it takes to get to each Box

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666274#Comment_666274

    That sounds ridiculous. Are we sure this is intentional?

    Sounds ridiculous because it isn't true, watched several people test it. Pgtw requires you to kick the gen, surge doesn't kick the gen.

  • The 16 meters to 8 meter audio on window blockers though... I checked out DBD again after a few months and after getting cucked by that... nope.

    getting cucked by something with no feedback or no way to lessen the effect is a joke lol

1 2 3 ›