Where's Freddy in the tierlists?
I took a break and now I'm back so where does he rank? Still bad or actually good.
I took a break and now I'm back so where does he rank? Still bad or actually good.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Meh, decent his teleport doesn't do much as it takes 20 years to teleport to a gen
Ok. Are notifications working now?
Yes.
Nice.
Yeah but commenting on a wall still does not if the original wall owner replies to it
I disagree with @Hoodedfengm1n , I find him better than decent. His snares are underrated, his teleport really does create nice map pressure and has a lot of perk synergy.
You will not catch someone at a Gen, but you teleport full Map in a few seconds. Like a massive Nurse Blink. Would not say that his teleport does not du much.
I would put him in A-Tier, because his snares/pallets give him chase potential and his teleport got a freaking good synergy with BBQ+PGTW. He's in a good spot right now in my opinion!
But with the total of 8 generators on one map, you have to roll a die for a chance to find a gen with scratch marks around it
EDIT: I mean you need to complete 5 generators, a total of 8 generators an every map
I’d say he is the sixth best killer, also as someone who mained old Freddy, I’d like to say he was never bad, just underrated.
A man of culture, someone else who mained the Original freddy?
Never using OG again
I put him at low A tier. On par with Huntress in my opinion.
Snares are good and the teleport is surprisingly good in a chase if they are asleep.
The lullaby doesn't tell you how close Freddy is at all, so you can teleport and the guy you are chasing won't know.
Yep, I kinda miss old Freddy, don’t get me wrong, new Freddy is better but I still kinda enjoyed old Freddy more.
Old freddy was fun to spook someone with when running Pill bottle
Absolutely A to B+ tier. I would argue that he's the 4th or 5th best killer depending on which Huntress you're facing. I've played a ton of Clown, so transitioning to dream snare placement at loops has been mostly seamless. He can get hits at jungle gyms after the pallet has been thrown and he can teleport to gens. He has awesome mindgame potential in chases with the gen teleports. Make Your Choice is insane on him. His only real weakness is that it can be quite difficult to land hits if survivors are awake.
I would say new Freddy is the 6th best killer.
My favorite add ons were Nancy’s drawing and Class Photo but Pill bottle and the Paintbrush were also pretty fun.
@Poweas WELCOME BACK 😍
I just want to add that I think the devs absolutely crushed it with his design. Most fun I've had playing a killer in a long time. Lots of counterplay (waking up and doing gens individually works wonders), but also very powerful.
I hope that was just a typo.
If its about 8 generators, NOT COMPLETING TOTAL AMOUNT OF 8 GENS, my mistake
...there are only 7 gens...
Out of curiosity, what are the opinions as far as Dream Snares vs. Dream Pallets?
Dream snares all the way!
I like Dream Pallets way better.
Snares>Pallets all day. Fewer restrictions on snare placement, harder for coordinated teams to safely undo them. Easier to set and get hits during chases.
The only right answer. Pallets are only good against lowranks. Snares are quite dirty when used right.
Freddy main, rank 2 here, Dream pallets are the best for me, even at high ranks, if you know where to put them, they're doomed, in "The Game" you OWN everyone with pallets.
His teleport ability is usefull as a distractor, I almost never use it but to make them think I'm teleporting and making them run away from the gen and straight to me, also, when in a chase, if the survivor runs towards a gen you can fake a teleport to make them go where you want them to go.
I ######### suck at math
Freddy has always been top tier, my favorite, the best since day 1! :-)
He being here is the reason I bought this game in the first place.
I don't care about tier lists. Just play with whichever killer you like, know their strenghts and weaknesses, practice a while and you will be fine.
If you play him right he is good....those snares can be no joke and Dream pallets are gross lol this is coming from a high rank killer! I wont mention gen speeds but his gen teleportation is wonderful.
He's really good in my opinion. Perfectly balanced and viable at all ranks as of now, especially on the balanced maps.
:D Thanks.
I find him to be low high tier. He's either higher or lower than Ghostface. Though I put him higher because he does have a power to help him at chase, while having a decent map presence, paired with pop does wonders for freddy. Sure survivors usually leave the gen you teleport to but that isn't all bad.
Ive been hoarding those things and only actually using afew green addons.
Also btw... As a rank 1 Freddy main...Snares all the way. With pallets, you have to TRICK the survivor. Its on the survivor whether they fall for it or not, not you. With snares, you can place it down while they watch you do it, and STILL get benefit from it.
My normal build with Freddy is BBQ, Ruin, PGTW and STBFL. I dont have much experience with pallets, but I figured... If I use em, Id just bring bamboozle instead of STBFL to force survivors to drop more pallets. Thoughts?
Pill Bottle also helps get the first hit on awake survivors because of the reduced visibility range. The difference at the stsrt of a trial with a Pill Bottle vs no Pill Bottle is staggering. It helps so much where Freddy is weakest.
With Bamboozle, survivors can't window loop you as easily and they are forced to drop pallets, even if they are fake.
Typically any area that has a window and pallet will allow the survivor to increase the life of the pallet by allowing them to vault the window multiple times. Just look at killer shack for a prime example, or most jungle gyms. Take away the window, and the survivor is forced to drop the pallet soon after to avoid being hit.
What's his base like? Without addons is he good or niche?
That's not how you use it...
It's actually a scare tactic. You PRETEND to use it so survivors run away from the gen towards you.
Try it, it works.
I do, I stop after it hits half way and I see the gen 10 seconds later pop so I stopped using it, teleporting literally allowed me to actually get them off the Gens more than not teleporting
OMG! Nothing is sweeter than to see an injured survivor butt dancing near a dream pallet!
Lemme hit that!
Well it is "situational" but honestly I think it's much better as a leurre.
Something about seeing a survivor looking back whilst running straight towards me, brings me joy.
Still good
Worse than hilbilly, better than hag. He's right in the middle. A good team can easily stomp him no matter what a killers skill level might be just like all mid range killers.
You've never met MY Hag. Let's see you try to loop with all my traps. XD
It can also be used to get in front of someone abusing sprint burst.
Definetly I did the same thing to a Feng Ming that used lithe...it was fun! XD
He’s like right after Huntress. I’d say Freddy, Myers, Ghostface, and Plague are all interchangeable for sixth best killer.