Where's Freddy in the tierlists?

I took a break and now I'm back so where does he rank? Still bad or actually good.

Comments

  • @Poweas said:

    What's his base like? Without addons is he good or niche?

    Still very good, but it depends on the map. Base cooldown on the teleport is pretty long, so you become more reliant on snares which aren't efficient for every loop. Temple of Purgation for example can be extremely problematic without add ons. Un-mindgame-able safe pallets everywhere. You can get them with the snares, but it'll take too long.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    Worse than hilbilly, better than hag. He's right in the middle. A good team can easily stomp him no matter what a killers skill level might be just like all mid range killers.

    How's he better than Hag if his skill is irrelevant? If you're better than the team as Hag then THEY won't have a chance regardless of THEIR skill. Hags also a lot better than Billy if played correctly, I've argued it before my break from the forums and I will again. It's obvious that Hag is better.

  • I reckon with his snares, decent perks and experience, Freddy is within the top 5 of the best killers atm.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/672880#Comment_672880

    How's he better than Hag if his skill is irrelevant? If you're better than the team as Hag then THEY won't have a chance regardless of THEIR skill. Hags also a lot better than Billy if played correctly, I've argued it before my break from the forums and I will again. It's obvious that Hag is better.

    Read, and respond to my comment coherently, and I'll respond intelligently. otherwise I will ignore you.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/672976#Comment_672976

    Read, and respond to my comment coherently, and I'll respond intelligently. otherwise I will ignore you.

    I'm tired of this type of argument tbh, let's agree to disagree. Just try to learn Hag if you got the DLC and if you're bored of whatever you play. Trust me you'll see what I mean eventually :P

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/672880#Comment_672880

    How's he better than Hag if his skill is irrelevant? If you're better than the team as Hag then THEY won't have a chance regardless of THEIR skill. Hags also a lot better than Billy if played correctly, I've argued it before my break from the forums and I will again. It's obvious that Hag is better.

    Spoiler...he ain’t better than Hag. He isn’t even better than Huntress. I say the Demogorgon is a little bit better than Freddy.

    I think Freddy is MILES better than he was but he’s still not that hard to face. My only issue is that his attack range seems super large compared to other killers. Freddy is a Stretch Armstrong.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/672976#Comment_672976

    Spoiler...he ain’t better than Hag. He isn’t even better than Huntress. I say the Demogorgon is a little bit better than Freddy.

    I think Freddy is MILES better than he was but he’s still not that hard to face. My only issue is that his attack range seems super large compared to other killers. Freddy is a Stretch Armstrong.

    Thanks. Doubted he was anyway XD.

  • I personally hate going against Freddy because I don’t like the guessing game with the dream pallets and the snares can be annoying but he is still bearable. Noting overly strong :/

    Freddy can still get stomped by a good team. Hag can easily demolish a good team and be everyone at once. I’ve 4K more times with Hag than any other killer at red ranks. Yeah...she is really THAT good if you have good trap placements.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/672822#Comment_672822

    He’s quite capable of doing perfectly fine without perks or add-ons once you feel proficient with snares and get confident with mind gaming the teleport and getting good teleporting mid chase.

    Freddy without perks is still gonna struggle a bit against a competent team. He might do okay but he can’t easily end chases.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673581#Comment_673581

    I agree and disagree.

    If you’re up against a good team then it doesn’t matter which killer you’re using, those survivors are gonna make you work hard.

    However all Freddy needs to end chases quickly is his snares, appearing in front of a chased survivor (Teleport) or make them double back with a fake teleport (because they’re close to the gen and see the Projection), and knowing how to take advantage of the visibility ranges.

    I’ve gone perk-less and add-on-less, and even where i’ve occasionally “lost”, I’ve still managed to make the survivors work damn hard for their escape.

    Every killer has to work for a 4K perkless except Nurse and Spirit. If you’re good at Nurse, it doesn’t matter what you run...you win. If you can track with Spirit...you win.

    Don’t get me wrong I think Freddy is a great killer, he is just gonna struggle a little more than the top tier killers are going to.

    Snares are also only useable while the survivor is in the dreamworld. If you’re on a very loop heavy map like Haddonfield or Asylum and the survivor just woke themselves up, that minute and half of not being able to use snares can be hell if you can’t manage to get a hit because that loop is super strong.

    I’m just glad that Freddy isn’t so bad that he is a meme.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673598#Comment_673598

    But c’mon you and I would have to agree that any Freddy player looping an infinite for 90 seconds JUST so the chased survivor can finally be affected by snares would have to be a total idiot

    True...but I’ve found it super easy to bait a killer into chasing me through the Asylum. That building is stupid strong for survivor.

    Survivors know how to waste a killers time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673598#Comment_673598

    But c’mon you and I would have to agree that any Freddy player looping an infinite for 90 seconds JUST so the chased survivor can finally be affected by snares would have to be a total idiot

    Yeah, even the psudo infinite loops aren't 90 seconds per loop. They'd be slowed by the snares way before that, possibly even sooner if he set up in advance.

1 2 ›