Fix the maps for Huntress !

I just saw a youtuber getting literally infinite pallet looped as Huntress on Groaning Storehouse, he literally couldn't get into a chase with a Kate that abused the God window from the main building, so he never got blood lust and the window was never blocked. Even changing directions didn't help much and after 2-3 minutes, Kate finally was too cocky with a pallet and he could catch her, but damn, that was painful to watch. I don't know what is more ridiculously, that such loop exist or this even isn't the only building you can abuse against Huntress.

Comments

  • The window wasn't blocked? That's a bug it seems.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    The window wasn't blocked? That's a bug it seems.

    The window wasn't blocked because he couldn't get into a chase with her, because of Huntresses slow speed.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609407#Comment_609407

    The window wasn't blocked because he couldn't get into a chase with her, because of Huntresses slow speed.

    I have caught survivors by mind gaming, and if the Huntress never tried to change paths, it would be her fault to follow the infinite.

  • That loop sucks, certainly. I'm not approving its existence.

    But the Huntress there should've either:

    Broken chase and go for someone else, or

    I don't know, maybe, throw a hatchet??

  • A good Huntress would know to just not take that chase. Catch them away from the storehouse.

    Don't get me wrong, I agree that some maps still need fixing, but that's like a bad killer play.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    The window wasn't blocked? That's a bug it seems.

    the windows dont block if the survivor is not in a chase.


    @Marcus still though, huntress is a 110% mms killer, she should have been able to catch up at some point.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    A good Huntress would know to just not take that chase. Catch them away from the storehouse.

    Don't get me wrong, I agree that some maps still need fixing, but that's like a bad killer play.

    Dude, he literally killed 2 survivors already. The third survivor was hiding and didn't do any gen, while Kate was the only one he find and I think she was his last BBQ stack. The killer should never leave a chase just because the suvivor succeed to reach a certain building. This loop needs fixes, like many others.

  • Well, the huntress should have simply left the loop, i mean 3 minutes of nothing is at least 3 gens lost. On the other side, they should probably make entity blocker work when in killer tr, rather than in a chase, and i agree that the newer maps are the reason why huntress fell down in the tier list.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    That loop sucks, certainly. I'm not approving its existence.

    But the Huntress there should've either:

    Broken chase and go for someone else, or

    I don't know, maybe, throw a hatchet??

    2 survivors were already killed and the last one was hiding and didn't do any gens. And how you throw a hatchet when you even can't get line of sight and thus getting into a chase with that survivor, care to explain ?

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609409#Comment_609409

    I have caught survivors by mind gaming, and if the Huntress never tried to change paths, it would be her fault to follow the infinite.

    He tried to change the paths, I already said in my post. It didn't work and he needed Kate to messes up at some point to get her.

  • @YaiPa said:

    Well, the huntress should have simply left the loop, i mean 3 minutes of nothing is at least 3 gens lost. On the other side, they should probably make entity blocker work when in killer tr, rather than in a chase, and i agree that the newer maps are the reason why huntress fell down in the tier list.

    Again, 2 survivors were killed, the last one was hiding, how he could've break the chase without Kate starting to do and finish the last gen ? My point is that, there should've been places where survivors are completely safe from the killer.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609407#Comment_609407

    the windows dont block if the survivor is not in a chase.

    @Marcus still though, huntress is a 110% mms killer, she should have been able to catch up at some point.

    He was looped for 3 minutes straight up, also, this even isn't a new map, we talking about MacMillan Estate here.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609412#Comment_609412

    2 survivors were already killed and the last one was hiding and didn't do any gens. And how you throw a hatchet when you even can't get line of sight and thus getting into a chase with that survivor, care to explain ?

    I just don't believe that in 2 or 3 minutes (which are already a big mistake by the huntress) there wasn't a single chance to aim at the window at least, since the obstacles blocking it are waist high.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609429#Comment_609429

    I just don't believe that in 2 or 3 minutes (which are already a big mistake by the huntress) there wasn't a single chance to aim at the window at least, since the obstacles blocking it are waist high.

    There really wasn't. He never had line of sight to that survivor or in the rares cases when he had, the survivor already vaulted the window. When he finally had line of sight with that survivor ( but that just after she abandoned the window and got to the pallet ) he could downed her with a hatchet.

  • Huntress is slow but not that slow. She could've easily gotten into a chase with him or mindgamed.

  • No, what you guys are not understanding is there are several instances where the distance between you and a huntress can make the ######### Chase Detection fail. The survivor is too far for a hatchet and to proc a chase. Even trying to mind-game the survivor is generally watching for it looking backwards. Yes, this is a bad mistake to follow the survivor in this instance you just won't win. However, doesn't mean this isn't a problem. I had suggested all killers obtain 115% speed awhile back which would fix this.

  • 5% isn't THAT huge of a difference. I very much doubt your story.

  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but fog offerings fuxk up the chase detection. That could be it

  • Depending on where he was looping there's holes in the windows you can slip hatchets through, if the survivor is cocky enough to taught you from the other side

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    That loop sucks, certainly. I'm not approving its existence.

    But the Huntress there should've either:

    Broken chase and go for someone else, or

    I don't know, maybe, throw a hatchet??

    It's a huge problem when every survivor in the map knows this sort of thing and bolts there whenever they're being chased.

    I've had Bloodlust issues exclusively with Huntress before, even when other 110% killers don't get them.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609413#Comment_609413

    Dude, he literally killed 2 survivors already. The third survivor was hiding and didn't do any gen, while Kate was the only one he find and I think she was his last BBQ stack. The killer should never leave a chase just because the suvivor succeed to reach a certain building. This loop needs fixes, like many others.

    But that's just a chase you don't take. Granted the circumstances kinda force him to, he could have just left and looked for the guy that was hiding. If the gen in that building was done what else would Kate do? If she goes to do a gen somewhere else then he could catch her.

    I would have just left her and looked for the other guy, then closed hatch. At that point running that loop is pointless.

    Again I agree with you that it shouldn't be that way, but it is that way right now so taking that chase was just a bad decision.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609426#Comment_609426

    But that's just a chase you don't take. Granted the circumstances kinda force him to, he could have just left and looked for the guy that was hiding. If the gen in that building was done what else would Kate do? If she goes to do a gen somewhere else then he could catch her.

    I would have just left her and looked for the other guy, then closed hatch. At that point running that loop is pointless.

    Again I agree with you that it shouldn't be that way, but it is that way right now so taking that chase was just a bad decision.

    See, however, what if you didn't know that loop was like this you would waste 2/3 times around then realizing again if this was reliable to happen every chase at a specific loop set. He isn't complaining that he followed the chase he realized the issue. However, you wouldn't realize that issue unless you followed that chase. Again just break chase is ######### because I thought the killer was suppose to be a power role. Not the building design XD.

    These spots are also more common than some might think.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609517#Comment_609517

    See, however, what if you didn't know that loop was like this you would waste 2/3 times around then realizing again if this was reliable to happen every chase at a specific loop set. He isn't complaining that he followed the chase he realized the issue. However, you wouldn't realize that issue unless you followed that chase. Again just break chase is ######### because I thought the killer was suppose to be a power role. Not the building design XD.

    These spots are also more common than some might think.

    Yes many maps have trouble spots, but as a killer you should learn where to go chasing and where not.

    Given that in this particular match there are already 2 guys dead and another just potatoing around, that Kate will leave that place sooner or later. I'd either fake out or leave for real, and I'll catch her somewhere else later.

    Or not, so be it.


    But Tom & Jerrying around stuff for 3 minutes is just dumb, IMO

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609519#Comment_609519

    Yes many maps have trouble spots, but as a killer you should learn where to go chasing and where not.

    Given that in this particular match there are already 2 guys dead and another just potatoing around, that Kate will leave that place sooner or later. I'd either fake out or leave for real, and I'll catch her somewhere else later.

    Or not, so be it.

    But Tom & Jerrying around stuff for 3 minutes is just dumb, IMO

    See, specifically with Hide n Go Seek is not really that fun. You have eyes on one survivor you just want them downed. It is like having two immersed claudettes if they have no chance at winning. Be lucky you found one.

    However, my arguement is should the loop be strong in some areas: Yes However, they should not be unwinnable or infinite by design. Structure designs do not go away. So by your logic everyone here is an exploit to chases with huntress just run to it every time she sees you. Means you can't play since that loop structure will always be there. If you commit to a chase and can't even get bloodlust on detection the area is simply broken. People can complain how broken nurse is. Survivors are doing the same by being able to avoid the game mechanic of a chase simply by map design.

    I had also mentioned earlier it is distance based. Too close and bloodlust will still proc. Therefore the problem is when you engage a chase at too far of a distance means you auto-lose. Sounds fair though spinning in circles. It would be as if all killers ran at the same speed as a survivor and had no bloodlust. You can't catch up. They should just not chase these superior survivor with these skills.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609519#Comment_609519

    They ARE a power-role when in areas of a map more favourable for the killer. Thereโ€™s varying degrees of map balance, and the opinions on such vary just as greatly, but itโ€™s fair to say that the devs have the right idea with each and every map: that every map has areas that are advantageous for survivors and areas that are extremely dangerous for survivors if theyโ€™re found there by the killer.

    Killers are not entitled to end every chase, just as survivors arenโ€™t entitled to always escape. Itโ€™s important and smart for a killer to recognise this, and identify when theyโ€™re in chases that take too long/far too difficult to end (in the presiding area), because time given to chases is time given to remaining survivors to complete their objective. If a chase canโ€™t be ended quickly itโ€™s imperative to get back to gen pressure and find more favourable targets.

    Partially what I said above: However, you are right a killer should not get to win every chase. Survivor makes extra distance or you lose sight of them and don't know where they went. The pallet came crashing down on your head or some other nature.

    Survivor Sided Areas: Jungle Gyms: You can mind-game these to a certain extent. However, they are also pretty strong. However, you can still lose at this structure and it is not distance dependent.

    Killer Sided: The pallet in lery's comes to mind in-front of the counter. Where you can be hit from either side easily. However, when it comes to a point that either side becomes unwinnable like a survivor being trapped in the tree trunk or situations where the game will never let you progress in a chase. It is simply bad designed. These areas should not be in the game to begin with.

    However, if it is a structure and you can constantly go back for this infinite reward. You will never win a chase as killer assuming "I should just leave them." Although, I will admit it is the smart thing to do since going around what I think 8-10 times before bloodlust is close enough to stay proc'd in some of these areas is a massive waste. However, again these areas are not going away it isn't a pallet that causes this it is structural setups and poor LOS detection.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609407#Comment_609407

    The window wasn't blocked because he couldn't get into a chase with her, because of Huntresses slow speed.

    Because chases are so easily broke that stuff like this can be abused easy woyld be fix chases and reduce the window block from three to two

  • @Kerbert said:

    5% isn't THAT huge of a difference. I very much doubt your story.

    Killers have bigger hitboxes so by tightly hugging corners survivors will outrun the killer.

    If killer isn't getting bloodlust then he/she may very well never catch up to the survivor.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609413#Comment_609413

    Dude, he literally killed 2 survivors already. The third survivor was hiding and didn't do any gen, while Kate was the only one he find and I think she was his last BBQ stack. The killer should never leave a chase just because the suvivor succeed to reach a certain building. This loop needs fixes, like many others.

    That's the point. Any killer should not have to abandon a chase because the survivor ran to a certain building/safe spot on any of the maps.

  • The ideas here are sad, a killer (THE ENTIRETY of a team) needs to abandon a chase vs 1/4 of the opposing team.

    How do you not see this as a gigantic problem?

    Even if in the current, unbalanced state of the game the correct play would have been to abandon the chase, the fact that sometimes you need to give up, it's the testimony of how much this game is unbalanced.

    When 1/4 of a team can verse the rest of the opposing team, given similar skill levels, every game that isn't asymmetric would have patch the situation within days.

    Put some doors close to the window on all the structures and bye bye semi infinite

  • @DBDbuildsYT said:

    The ideas here are sad, a killer (THE ENTIRETY of a team) needs to abandon a chase vs 1/4 of the opposing team.

    How do you not see this as a gigantic problem?

    Even if in the current, unbalanced state of the game the correct play would have been to abandon the chase, the fact that sometimes you need to give up, it's the testimony of how much this game is unbalanced.

    When 1/4 of a team can verse the rest of the opposing team, given similar skill levels, every game that isn't asymmetric would have patch the situation within days.

    Put some doors close to the window on all the structures and bye bye semi infinite

    Ah, you are THAT guy who tunnel-visioned one Survivor for 5 Gens and complains about getting gen-rushed afterwards. I see...


    @topic:

    While this window can indeed be problematic (even though I would consider this as one of the "weaker" Bullshit Loops, especially, because it is RNG-based), people playing bad does not really give some evidence.

    I mean, I can upload a video of me playing Nurse, and then claim that Nurse needs to be buffed, because I got dominated by the Survivors...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609805#Comment_609805

    Ah, you are THAT guy who tunnel-visioned one Survivor for 5 Gens and complains about getting gen-rushed afterwards. I see...

    @topic:

    While this window can indeed be problematic (even though I would consider this as one of the "weaker" Bullshit Loops, especially, because it is RNG-based), people playing bad does not really give some evidence.

    I mean, I can upload a video of me playing Nurse, and then claim that Nurse needs to be buffed, because I got dominated by the Survivors...

    So you think it's OK and balanced to have areas of a map where survivors are god

  • If you are going to play huntress you have to get good with throwing hatchets. Trying to m1 her won't work because of her slow speed. If you spend your time trying to catch up to survivors to hit them with your base weapon, you are playing her wrong. Watch any good huntress and you will see that they rely heavily on hatchet throwing to win. They rarely use her base weapon.

  • @Steve0333 said:

    If you are going to play huntress you have to get good with throwing hatchets. Trying to m1 her won't work because of her slow speed. If you spend your time trying to catch up to survivors to hit them with your base weapon, you are playing her wrong. Watch any good huntress and you will see that they rely heavily on hatchet throwing to win. They rarely use her base weapon.

    @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609426#Comment_609426

    But that's just a chase you don't take. Granted the circumstances kinda force him to, he could have just left and looked for the guy that was hiding. If the gen in that building was done what else would Kate do? If she goes to do a gen somewhere else then he could catch her.

    I would have just left her and looked for the other guy, then closed hatch. At that point running that loop is pointless.

    Again I agree with you that it shouldn't be that way, but it is that way right now so taking that chase was just a bad decision.

    1 I watch good Huntress mains like Scott Jund and Umbra and they still M1 when needed.

    2 Also, Scott Jund and Umbra still complain about infinites for Huntress in certain maps.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609426#Comment_609426

    But that's just a chase you don't take. Granted the circumstances kinda force him to, he could have just left and looked for the guy that was hiding. If the gen in that building was done what else would Kate do? If she goes to do a gen somewhere else then he could catch her.

    I would have just left her and looked for the other guy, then closed hatch. At that point running that loop is pointless.

    Again I agree with you that it shouldn't be that way, but it is that way right now so taking that chase was just a bad decision.

    Also, the gen in the building wasn't done and it was the last gen. If he would've left the chase, the survivor could've easily finish it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If it's a Youtuber why not just link the video with timestamp of the chase in question?

    hhtps://youtu.be/N-G5ueGiQF0. Watch from 2:36:00 - 2:40:00.

  • this looks old discussion because theres no infinite except prenn left far side window and even that only possible when huntress doesn't have bamboozle


    other maps? maybe player is potato

  • @prettyf said:

    this looks old discussion because theres no infinite except prenn left far side window and even that only possible when huntress doesn't have bamboozle

    other maps? maybe player is potato

    Maybe watch the vid and convince yourself.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609407#Comment_609407

    the windows dont block if the survivor is not in a chase.

    @Marcus still though, huntress is a 110% mms killer, she should have been able to catch up at some point.

    Are y'all talking about Groaning Store House?


    If so, the entire center needs a huge nerf in my opinion. My friend @Masantonio was able to loop a Ghostface for 5 generators with Ruin active for a portion of the chase. Even I was able to loop a killer for 3 generators, but luckily for the killer, he was close enough to activate Bloodlust.


    Sure, the killer should've left, but survivors shouldn't be untouchable for that long. :(

  • @NMCKE

    The map was Wretched Shop, not Storehouse.

    The point still stands, however. The Shop loop is broken.

  • @Awakey said:

    @NMCKE

    The map was Wretched Shop, not Storehouse.

    The point still stands, however. The Shop loop is broken.

    Whoops, nothing to see here! ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Almost every autohacen map has a huntress infinite/semi infinite that is structural.

    Another one is Rancid Abaitour (Butchered Spelling) although I'm not talking just about the god window in that map.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609416#Comment_609416

    Are y'all talking about Groaning Store House?

    If so, the entire center needs a huge nerf in my opinion. My friend @Masantonio was able to loop a Ghostface for 5 generators with Ruin active for a portion of the chase. Even I was able to loop a killer for 3 generators, but luckily for the killer, he was close enough to activate Bloodlust.

    Sure, the killer should've left, but survivors shouldn't be untouchable for that long. :(

    Yes, I talk about that map. Sometimes, the God window is closed, but when it's open, the map becomes very survivor sided.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610304#Comment_610304

    Almost every autohacen map has a huntress infinite/semi infinite that is structural.

    Another one is Rancid Abaitour (Butchered Spelling) although I'm not talking just about the god window in that map.

    Fractured Cowshed, Torment Creek, Grim Pantry and Haddonfield also have infinites/semi finites for Huntress and usually really strong loops even for other killers.

  • @Marcus can you link this VOD? I really want to see that, can't imagine he couldn't do anything for 2-3 minutes

  • That's two Macmillan Estate maps with ridiculously broken, unmindgameable loops. I only discovered this one on Huntress' map the other day, but the other one is on Ironworks of Misery with the loop in the middle building.

    Complete waste of time and almost no point chasing anyone around it unless you're Spirit, Nurse or Legion with Frenzy active.

  • Man I watched the part of the video you're talking about.

    You're completely right, there's absolutely nothing Huntress can do there, other than abandoning chase or bamboozle the thing. But given that this is the last gen, it's a no-win unless you find the other guy, kill him, close hatch, etc.

    I've never been in that situation though, and I've played a lot of Huntress. I tend to stay away from central structures in this map and also the one in Crotus. To prevent this late game BS, I let them repair that middle gen without any interference always. So whenever they run to the center of the map, they're just wasting their own time and I don't follow them.

    I guess I'm so used to BS like this that I take it as "normal". But you're right, it's busted.

  • @Awakey said:

    @NMCKE

    The map was Wretched Shop, not Storehouse.

    The point still stands, however. The Shop loop is broken.

    That's another BS middle structure there, with windows on both sides and at least two pallets outside the walls. It's a "no-go" in my book too.

  • Not gonna lie, he just looped it wrong. Not a single red glow mindgame. I could have hitted Kate much earlier. Especially with Huntress using my hatches

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/609793#Comment_609793

    hhtps://youtu.be/N-G5ueGiQF0. Watch from 2:36:00 - 2:40:00.

    First he was pushing her the wrong way around the loop.

    Then when the window finally closed he lost her.

    He definitely could have gotten her. It's BS, like I keep telling you, and he was in a bad spot where he basically had to chase. But at the end of the day he could have caught her sooner if he went the right way and didn't lose her. This is also something specific to Huntress because unlike other "slow" killers she actually has no way to catch up. Any 115 killer would have been able to brute force the loop in any direction. Spirit and Nurse could catch up easy. Hag could set traps. Huntress is the only one where this loop would work as it did.

    Again, it doesn't mean they shouldn't fix it. But until they do, you have to just accept it and learn to play around it, which he totally could have.

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610351#Comment_610351

    Not gonna lie, he just looped it wrong. Not a single red glow mindgame. I could have hitted Kate much earlier. Especially with Huntress using my hatches

    Red glove mind game on a building where the survivor can see the killer through glass, LOL. Even 2000 hours mains Huntress like Scott Jund and Umbra call these type of buildings infinites for Huntress, but I guess they just need to git gud and make the magical red glow mind game.

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/610351#Comment_610351

    Not gonna lie, he just looped it wrong. Not a single red glow mindgame. I could have hitted Kate much earlier. Especially with Huntress using my hatches

    Red glow mind game ? On a building where survivors can see the killer through glass ? I think that even Scott Jund and Umbra, 2000 hours Huntress mains, who call these type of buildings infinites for Huntress, should "gi gud" with the red glove mind game.

โ€น 1 2