Why you give more bloodpoints to the survivors?

image.png

And why not apply the same logic to the killer?

Comments

  • @DarkGGhost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565532#Comment_565532

    Every time the change the matchmaking killers have longer Q and this happen way before the event even starts.

    This happens every time there is an event, whether you look at it before or after the matchmaking change.

  • @Spaceman94 said:

    I'm a killer main and this will make me play survivor more.

    Then you are not realy a killer main. We killer mains are here for the blood!....you know...actual.... virtual blood. Not bloodpoints :-S

  • @Riddick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565526#Comment_565526

    Every time there is an event, my killer queues get insanely long, regardless of the release of a killer or survivor, due to the easily perceived effect that you can get a lot more BPs in the killer side. I'm still trying to understand why is this change bad on the killer side. Worst case scenario, survivor queues get longer and killer ones get shorter, which will still make it so that killers get more BPs per hour. @Tsulan mentioned the WGLF introduction. I believe I joined DbD after that, but wasn't the perk initially rewarding 200% extra bloodpoints, which would give an insane extra amount of BPs after a match?

    @Riddick yes, the 200% bonus led to 45+ minute queues on survivor side. I remember this, because before the introduction of the Huntress and David King, i was a Killer main. After that, i switched to survivor. More points, less stress.

    Many killer mains did the same. That´s what we want to prevent. We had some good dev decisions and some poorly thought out decisions. All we want, is to prevent the later one.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Wait, so you even think that killers get more points than survivors WHEN the killer queues are long?

    I really miss that LoL button...

    i quite literally wrote "when queues are normal" so i don't know if i should continue speaking to someone who is having difficulty reading very short posts

  • Im all for buffing survivor point gain and hopefully this will make survivor more desirable. Too bad this still doesnt solve the major issue about the survivor point distribution.

  • @Laakeri said:

    Im all for buffing survivor point gain and hopefully this will make survivor more desirable. Too bad this still doesnt solve the major issue about the survivor point distribution.

    But survivors are aredy more desirable than killer.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564692#Comment_564692

    The only reason you feel that way is because survivor addons have been nerfed into the ground. BNP was great but is now worthless. Survivors dont bring items or offerings into games because there is generally no point anyway. You can just Franklins the item out of their hands regardless.

    Actually no, the reason I feel this way is because on average survivors will most likely earn more than killers with these changes which I don't necessarily mind but in turn that will increase the amount of items they can stockpile and will probably see an increase in instaheals and keys you see on average in games.

    While killers on the other hand will have to use up all their add ons in every trial and could have to go trough multiple bloodwebs to get a good built back. It's already hard enough to play a lot of the killers because of their reliance on add ons that are hard to come by.

    If they're increasing the gain for survivors the least they can do is reduce the price of add ons for killers to help balance the scales.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565114#Comment_565114

    Actually no, the reason I feel this way is because on average survivors will most likely earn more than killers with these changes which I don't necessarily mind but in turn that will increase the amount of items they can stockpile and will probably see an increase in instaheals and keys you see on average in games.

    While killers on the other hand will have to use up all their add ons in every trial and could have to go trough multiple bloodwebs to get a good built back. It's already hard enough to play a lot of the killers because of their reliance on add ons that are hard to come by.

    If they're increasing the gain for survivors the least they can do is reduce the price of add ons for killers to help balance the scales.

    As long as grind is lessened, I'm all for it. Add-ons are a must have for killers indeed.

  • @White_Owl said:

    This community never ceases to amaze me, really.

    Can you guys stop considering the other side as the enemy? It's a freaking game where you can play both, the change will affect positively everyone, you included. Leave the us vs them mentality to matches.

    Also, why devs' stats are always skewed and wrong except when they validate your point? That's very hypocritical and quite cringey.

    @White_Owl Exactly. Why would some players make this a "survivors vs. killers" thing? I'd assume most of us play both roles (albeit not 50/50%). And currently, a good killer match gives me more bloodpoints than a good match as surv.

    If increasing BP for survivors would influence the queue times badly, the devs could always implement a feature where the at that moment lesser-played role gets bonus points.

  • @miaasma said:

    other people in this thread have posted their experiences, you either haven't bothered reading their posts or are ignoring/dismissing them

    i do not care enough if you reply to @ you, especially not if you disregard several different people's own stated personal confirmations that playing killer while queues are normal yields more bloodpoints in order to suit your weird paranoia that survivors getting more bloodpoints than they currently do will matter whatsoever

    I really bothered reading the whole thread. But as i said in my first comment, i agree with @DocOctober since he´s the admin of the DbD Wiki, he has some more perspective.

    People should really play both sides extensively and not only some rank 20 matches to proof their point.

    I would post the end stats of my last survivor matches. But i doubt that would somehow change your mind, since you are adamant on survivors earning lesser points.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564593#Comment_564593

    This doesn't quite make sense. The number of players per side has no impact on your personal scoring. The goal behind the changes is to level out the average bloodpoint earnings between the two sides (on average, killers earn more bloodpoints per match right now). Increasing killer bloodpoints as well would only exacerbate the gap.

    This has the added benefit of helping with queue times. Rather than having everyone flock to playing killer during a bloodhunt, you could play whichever side you're comfortable with and end up getting more or less the same amount of points. This means faster and more consistent queue times for everyone, which means more matches, which means more points. It's a win win.

    The state of the rush of gens is currently a big problem, I am a very experienced player, rank 1, and I find bad players, those bad players make me goals in 5 minutes of departure, I can not do anything, I do not want to play toxic, My way of playing is legal, I do not want to distribute toxicity by camping or tunneling.

    With this I mean that, if you are going to change the points, encourage other things, and reduce the points that an engine can give, since it is crazy as people repair and give respite to the killers ...

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565512#Comment_565512

    I really bothered reading the whole thread. But as i said in my first comment, i agree with @DocOctober since he´s the admin of the DbD Wiki, he has some more perspective.

    People should really play both sides extensively and not only some rank 20 matches to proof their point.

    I would post the end stats of my last survivor matches. But i doubt that would somehow change your mind, since you are adamant on survivors earning lesser points.

    I asked for proof that these claims of Survivors gaining the same amount of BP as Killer in a given period are accurate, so I am open to evidence that changes my mind.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565633#Comment_565633

    I asked for proof that these claims of Survivors gaining the same amount of BP as Killer in a given period are accurate, so I am open to evidence that changes my mind.

    @TAG it was mentioned as a short comment in a dev stream like 2 years ago. I´m not going through 100+ hours of dev streams to find that one...

    Did something similar ages ago to proof that face camping doesn´t exist anymore (dev quote). Never again.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565633#Comment_565633

    I asked for proof that these claims of Survivors gaining the same amount of BP as Killer in a given period are accurate, so I am open to evidence that changes my mind.

    I can't remember these stats being stated this year and let's be honest stats change all the time. Without recent figures what they said a while ago means nothing today much like why they released the new stats.

    There is also swf who wait for their friends to finish the match meaning they can't instantly jump into a new one. SWF over all group sizes make up around 44% of the userbase.

  • I'm probably the first to mention those trials "everyone performs kinda well enough" in with all survivors earning about the same or more as the killer. Ive had enough of those myself. But if the killer gets less points than the survivors "its the killers fault if he performs #########", right?


    I cant decide if i want them to implement the survival score the easy or the smart way, wouldnt it be hillarious if survivors got a 10 bp warning every 15 sevconds of survival. Dont get me wrong, survivors needed something like that. But Bloodpoints for just standing around sound as "earned" as the reunited bonus. I hope ther will be some restrition to getting those points .

    Whwt irks me the wrong way is probably the item related new scores. 99'ing an item in will return your investment if you escape. If they boost for example the item heal, you return more than you invested (although slowly,but let me have my paranoid hysteria)

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565709#Comment_565709

    @TAG it was mentioned as a short comment in a dev stream like 2 years ago. I´m not going through 100+ hours of dev streams to find that one...

    Did something similar ages ago to proof that face camping doesn´t exist anymore (dev quote). Never again.

    Well, how am I supposed to just assume it's true? Without something of substance to go on, it seems like "It's true. Trust me."

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565713#Comment_565713

    Well, how am I supposed to just assume it's true? Without something of substance to go on, it seems like "It's true. Trust me."

    @TAG the admin of the DbD Wiki might have some more interest in everything that going around in DbD, than the averange person.

    Just a thought.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565739#Comment_565739

    @TAG the admin of the DbD Wiki might have some more interest in everything that going around in DbD, than the averange person.

    Just a thought.

    That doesn't make the claim more or less accurate, though. It is still "It's true. Trust me; I run a wiki."

  • @TAG If a killer can end one game in 15 (with Q) that's mean that the killer can play 4 game per hour, if the survivor can end a game in 10 ( with Q) that;s mean they can play 6 6 games per hour. Let's say that the average BP for killer is 20-22K ( without BBQ) and survivors is 13-14Kthat's mean that the survivor only make 1-2 K less than the killer. So tell me is this so gif the diffrent so they devs need to give free points to the survivors ?


  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565512#Comment_565512

    I really bothered reading the whole thread. But as i said in my first comment, i agree with @DocOctober since he´s the admin of the DbD Wiki, he has some more perspective.

    People should really play both sides extensively and not only some rank 20 matches to proof their point.

    I would post the end stats of my last survivor matches. But i doubt that would somehow change your mind, since you are adamant on survivors earning lesser points.

    Excuse me @Tsulan, I play mostly as a survivor I should say 70/30 , and well If survivors have more chances to win BP (still capped to 8,000 per each category) then more people would play this role, making short times finding matches as a killer 

    Why? The fact is that you need less killers than survivors in the game (one killer, four survivors per match).

    The problem with we're gonna life forever when granted 200% BP was simple, there is a high amount of BP without offerings that you can win (32,000 BP) but WGLF is able to break that limit (it will happen again if BBQ grant 200% , more people would rush to play as killer), but I don't think it will happen again as I said you're still capped to 32,000 BP and most of survivors can't reach that amount right now because survivor only takes the times for struggle in the second phase of sacrifice (900 BP as much), escaping from killer grasp (500 BP wich is highly hard, impossible now if you have Iron Grasp) wich is not given to you if someone blinds the killer.

    In summary I don't think the "big migration" of surv/killer will happen again.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565633#Comment_565633

    Excuse me @Tsulan, I play mostly as a survivor I should say 70/30 , and well If survivors have more chances to win BP (still capped to 8,000 per each category) then more people would play this role, making short times finding matches as a killer 

    Why? The fact is that you need less killers than survivors in the game (one killer, four survivors per match).

    The problem with we're gonna life forever when granted 200% BP was simple, there is a high amount of BP without offerings that you can win (32,000 BP) but WGLF is able to break that limit (it will happen again if BBQ grant 200% , more people would rush to play as killer), but I don't think it will happen again as I said you're still capped to 32,000 BP and most of survivors can't reach that amount right now because survivor only takes the times for struggle in the second phase of sacrifice (900 BP as much), escaping from killer grasp (500 BP wich is highly hard, impossible now if you have Iron Grasp) wich is not given to you if someone blinds the killer.

    In summary I don't think the "big migration" of surv/killer will happen again.

    @Saitamfed I understand that the survivor role has to be more attractive to players than the killer role, in order to keep the 4vs1 balance up. This thinking led to the introduction of WGLF. The devs thought it would be a great idea, to boost survivor points. But they didn´t expect killers to switch to survivor.

    I´m not against more points per se. I´d prefer something like a special item that gives permanent exhaution or slows repair speed, or reduces the distance survivors hear the terror radius, etc. Just something that makes the game a little harder, but in exchange grants a 100% bonus points. Just like Padded Traps for the Trapper do. Something that requires some effort, and gives a bonus.

    If they just increase the amount, to get for example 50% more points than now, then people will play more survivor. Just to farm faster. Which is intended, but might be a little to tempting. It´s a difficult thing and the balance could easily tip towards one side.

    I simply doubt, that the devs can easily adjust the numbers. Why? Because they failed with the last event, where survivors got firecrackers instead of cakes. Something like this happend on various occations in the past and it sure will repeat in the future.

    The grinding should be reduced anyway. Since most perks/addons that give bonus points, give them during the match. Which is just ridiculous.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565784#Comment_565784

    @Saitamfed I understand that the survivor role has to be more attractive to players than the killer role, in order to keep the 4vs1 balance up. This thinking led to the introduction of WGLF. The devs thought it would be a great idea, to boost survivor points. But they didn´t expect killers to switch to survivor.

    I´m not against more points per se. I´d prefer something like a special item that gives permanent exhaution or slows repair speed, or reduces the distance survivors hear the terror radius, etc. Just something that makes the game a little harder, but in exchange grants a 100% bonus points. Just like Padded Traps for the Trapper do. Something that requires some effort, and gives a bonus.

    If they just increase the amount, to get for example 50% more points than now, then people will play more survivor. Just to farm faster. Which is intended, but might be a little to tempting. It´s a difficult thing and the balance could easily tip towards one side.

    I simply doubt, that the devs can easily adjust the numbers. Why? Because they failed with the last event, where survivors got firecrackers instead of cakes. Something like this happend on various occations in the past and it sure will repeat in the future.

    The grinding should be reduced anyway. Since most perks/addons that give bonus points, give them during the match. Which is just ridiculous.

    @Tsulan yes I understand. I started playing the game after the WGLF problem. And about the firecrackers, you're right ,I mean they gave some cakes of course but the fact is that nobody uses the frecrackers because you don't have a "special reward" for using them. Is hard to balance this game because players want to think that they are winning something in their matches and not losing their times in order to get something that is hardly call a benefit (that's why a lot of people likes RPG's but hate the farming system even if they are being used to it). And about the add-ons is not a bad idea to make the game interesting.

    We need to mention that there is a huge gap between friends playing against a killer and solo survivors playing in a team wich makes harder to balance the bloodpoint gains. 

  • @White_Owl said:

    This community never ceases to amaze me, really.

    Can you guys stop considering the other side as the enemy? It's a freaking game where you can play both, the change will affect positively everyone, you included. Leave the us vs them mentality to matches.

    Also, why devs' stats are always skewed and wrong except when they validate your point? That's very hypocritical and quite cringey.

    Damn straight.

  • I mean if you didn't super-sonic and do gens and tried to you know extend the game you would have more points. Games that are rushed when I play killer I generally get around 15-20k points. In many cases survivors are roughly 5k lower than this because not doing totems <3 we can leave it there. However, an extended match I have had full sets of 20k+ to the max on all of us with only a few thousands difference. Which is really how much you did during that match. The balance of bloodpoints is dependent on how the match went specifically. If you get tunneled out early ofc you don't get that many points. You were not around. If killers deny healing points by tunneling you reduce the other team's points. However, if survivors rush through gens you also ruin the killer's point gain as there is not enough time to get the hooks, and damage points. Having longer matches rather than pot-peddling points seems to be an all around better solution.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565739#Comment_565739

    @TAG the admin of the DbD Wiki might have some more interest in everything that going around in DbD, than the averange person.

    Just a thought.

    He's already well established his bias. It is in almost all of his comments on this forum.

  • Its amazing that this thread is still alive.

  • Wozzers.. read through some of the posts.

    Sorry Killer mains... The sad fact is survivors need some more points.

    As one mod points out... To make it more appealing to play survivor.

    The word appealing is important there.


    If you don't enjoy killer and find it stressful, than perhaps don't play killer anymore. You are supposed to have fun playing the game, not squeeze out a turd out every game.

    Have fun.

    Survivors don't mind dying for you, but I think some would like a bit more points when doing it over and over again.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565748#Comment_565748

    He's already well established his bias. It is in almost all of his comments on this forum.

    It's pretty telling to claim there's evidence for something and push the burden of proof onto someone else. Why even bother when you're not contributing?

    Also, for the OP, since apparently Peanits' first post wasn't enough: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/538121#Comment_538121

    And Steam data right now:

    image.png

    How close is that to a 1:4 ratio? You can wind up a survivor queue on your own too. Time how fast it is to get into and start a lobby as survivor vs killer.

  • @DarkGGhost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564583#Comment_564583

    But the one side has 4 players and the other 1 and as the killer, you need more points by doing this they small % of killers the play for blood point will stop. As survivors is easy to "win" and have fun and now you get the same point as a killer even tho you are 1/4 of him ?

    They're not reducing the killer'r bloodpoint 4head.

  • @DarkGGhost said:

    @TAG If a killer can end one game in 15 (with Q) that's mean that the killer can play 4 game per hour, if the survivor can end a game in 10 ( with Q) that;s mean they can play 6 6 games per hour. Let's say that the average BP for killer is 20-22K ( without BBQ) and survivors is 13-14Kthat's mean that the survivor only make 1-2 K less than the killer. So tell me is this so gif the diffrent so they devs need to give free points to the survivors ?

    I'm not asking you to pick numbers based on your best guesses/estimates. I'm asking for actual concrete evidence.

  • @Visionmaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565898#Comment_565898

    It's pretty telling to claim there's evidence for something and push the burden of proof onto someone else. Why even bother when you're not contributing?

    Also, for the OP, since apparently Peanits' first post wasn't enough: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/538121#Comment_538121

    And Steam data right now:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/233/4Z3J37HIZODG.png

    How close is that to a 1:4 ratio? You can wind up a survivor queue on your own too. Time how fast it is to get into and start a lobby as survivor vs killer.

    First of all, thank you for the information. Secondly, how does one get this info from Steam? I've seen people showing similar things but I have no idea how you extract it. @Visionmaker

  • @Visionmaker I, too, am curious how you got that information, since, to the best of my knowledge, no tracking system differentiates between roles in any multiplayer game.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565748#Comment_565748

    He's already well established his bias. It is in almost all of his comments on this forum.

    And what is that supposed to mean?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564593#Comment_564593

    This doesn't quite make sense. The number of players per side has no impact on your personal scoring. The goal behind the changes is to level out the average bloodpoint earnings between the two sides (on average, killers earn more bloodpoints per match right now). Increasing killer bloodpoints as well would only exacerbate the gap.

    This has the added benefit of helping with queue times. Rather than having everyone flock to playing killer during a bloodhunt, you could play whichever side you're comfortable with and end up getting more or less the same amount of points. This means faster and more consistent queue times for everyone, which means more matches, which means more points. It's a win win.

    Suggestion for changes. Escaping gives 8000 bloodpoints instead of 5000 on survival. Increase bloodpoint gains for completing a generator(2x), such as that complete 2 whole generators grants max bloodpoint. Healing other players gives more bloodpoints(2x as much) so if you safety unhook 2 people and heal 2 people, it grants near max bloodpoints. Boldness points for chasing is ok, however stealth bonus is very low so it should give more for stealth a killer.

  • @TheBean said:

    Wozzers.. read through some of the posts.

    Sorry Killer mains... The sad fact is survivors need some more points.

    As one mod points out... To make it more appealing to play survivor.

    The word appealing is important there.

    If you don't enjoy killer and find it stressful, than perhaps don't play killer anymore. You are supposed to have fun playing the game, not squeeze out a turd out every game.

    Have fun.

    Survivors don't mind dying for you, but I think some would like a bit more points when doing it over and over again.

    Funny how you say that killers should´nt play anymore, if they don´t enjoy the role. Right after pointing out, that the devs need to make survivors more appealing.

    Irony...

  • @PolarBear said:

    What logic? They want to bridge the gap between the 2 roles so they receive equal amounts of bloodpoints per match.

    This guy in one reply has got more up votes than I have overall...

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565972#Comment_565972

    Funny how you say that killers should´nt play anymore, if they don´t enjoy the role. Right after pointing out, that the devs need to make survivors more appealing.

    Irony...

    Wow - way to miss the point... He literally said that if you dont enjoy playing a role then maybe dont play that role? How is it a bad thing to want to enjoy a game and not be pigeonholed by the bloodpoint disparity

  • @TheBean Now hang on, I'm a killer main and I approve of this change. Hell, hopefully the next BP event, I can actually play Killer . . . .

  • Are you serious? If anything this is a good change

    Rank up for Survivors is too hard on higher Rank ,as a Rank 1 killer u have to wait a ridiculous amount of queue time. Its just not worth it, hence i Derank back to 15 to fight noobs. There is too little Rank 1 Survivors around, compared to the amount of Rank 1 Killers

    Even the top streamer from the UK had to wait 10 minutes, that tells you something is WRONG

    Survivors always get lower bloodpoints than Killers, this is a fact

    more people play survivors the better, less queue time as Killer

  • @Tsulan

    I don't find killer anymore stressful than playing survivor.

    I play the game to have fun and adjust my playstyle for it.

    However... when it comes to "appealing"... When choosing which side I wish to play, I personally would find survivor more appealing to play if they scored more.


    So I'm *not sure where you are coming from with your statement. I hope this clears things up for you on how I see it personally.

    If you are finding playing killer "stressful" rather than "appealing" that maybe is an issue with how you view the game on a personal level.

    Appealing isn't the same as stressful.

    --

    I'm gathering that less people playing survivor during events, or just in general, don't find the survivor side as "appealing" anymore.

    If survivor was "stressful" to play, than players shouldn't play it.

  • @TheBean I'll admit, I used to state that I found Survivor boring, but I also came to realize I was going about it wrong. I was simply trying to GenRush (the main objective) and not doing Totems, chests, heals, et cetera.

    Now, that said, I'm still grinding out a hell of a lot of teachable Perks. So, naturally I run Killers with BBQ, which is generally easy to get at least three stacks in, if not all four. If they adjust the BP gain on Survivors, I'd gladly play both sides more. I'm a killer main right now, but even that gets boring after a week or two, so I end-up not playing at all and migrating back to Overwatch.

    Given the grind I still have to do, Survivors definitely need more BP so I can split my time better in DBD.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @TheBean I'll admit, I used to state that I found Survivor boring, but I also came to realize I was going about it wrong. I was simply trying to GenRush (the main objective) and not doing Totems, chests, heals, et cetera.

    Now, that said, I'm still grinding out a hell of a lot of teachable Perks. So, naturally I run Killers with BBQ, which is generally easy to get at least three stacks in, if not all four. If they adjust the BP gain on Survivors, I'd gladly play both sides more. I'm a killer main right now, but even that gets boring after a week or two, so I end-up not playing at all and migrating back to Overwatch.

    Given the grind I still have to do, Survivors definitely need more BP so I can split my time better in DBD.

    No one say that survivors don't need more BP i just say why you give them free.

  • @DarkGGhost That's the hill you want to die on? Okay then, please link me to the Developer update or posts that explain how Survivor BP increase is being done as a "free" BP giveaway per match.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564593#Comment_564593

    This doesn't quite make sense. The number of players per side has no impact on your personal scoring. The goal behind the changes is to level out the average bloodpoint earnings between the two sides (on average, killers earn more bloodpoints per match right now). Increasing killer bloodpoints as well would only exacerbate the gap.

    This has the added benefit of helping with queue times. Rather than having everyone flock to playing killer during a bloodhunt, you could play whichever side you're comfortable with and end up getting more or less the same amount of points. This means faster and more consistent queue times for everyone, which means more matches, which means more points. It's a win win.

    Considering the original intent behind giving killers (on average) more BP was to help with the constant upkeep of spent BP for add-ons vs survivors who can get free items/add-ons in match, what changes to killer economy will we see?

  • Killer is already fairly easy to get decent blood points. In most games I average 20k. Add on bbq and I'm up to 40. I'd have to play extremely well to equal that as a survivor. Also added bp is good for everyone. Lessened grind, quicker lobbies, and more enjoyment overall.

    To the OP's original point, I do feel killers are a bit over taxed to get good addons. My suggestion is to make it so a killer can keep addons based on performance. Either through pips or kills. 1 pip you keep your cheaper of the two addons. Two pips you keep both. With the kill version a 3k you keep the cheaper addon. With a 4k you keep both.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer is already fairly easy to get decent blood points. In most games I average 20k. Add on bbq and I'm up to 40. I'd have to play extremely well to equal that as a survivor. Also added bp is good for everyone. Lessened grind, quicker lobbies, and more enjoyment overall.

    To the OP's original point, I do feel killers are a bit over taxed to get good addons. My suggestion is to make it so a killer can keep addons based on performance. Either through pips or kills. 1 pip you keep your cheaper of the two addons. Two pips you keep both. With the kill version a 3k you keep the cheaper addon. With a 4k you keep both.

    That wouldn't work since the rarer add-ons make it easier to get more kills in themselves. Against any team that isn't complete potato, your rarest add-ons would be virtually permanent.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer is already fairly easy to get decent blood points. In most games I average 20k. Add on bbq and I'm up to 40. I'd have to play extremely well to equal that as a survivor. Also added bp is good for everyone. Lessened grind, quicker lobbies, and more enjoyment overall.

    To the OP's original point, I do feel killers are a bit over taxed to get good addons. My suggestion is to make it so a killer can keep addons based on performance. Either through pips or kills. 1 pip you keep your cheaper of the two addons. Two pips you keep both. With the kill version a 3k you keep the cheaper addon. With a 4k you keep both.

    The only problem with this is that killers with top tier addons would consistently get 4ks. Think Prayer Beads or Insta-hatchets. Hard to play around Ultra rare addons when all but medkit addons on survivor are basically trash...

  • @TheBean said:

    @Tsulan

    I don't find killer anymore stressful than playing survivor.

    I play the game to have fun and adjust my playstyle for it.

    However... when it comes to "appealing"... When choosing which side I wish to play, I personally would find survivor more appealing to play if they scored more.

    So I'm sure where you are coming from with your statement. I hope this clears things up for you on how I see it personally.

    If you are finding playing killer "stressful" rather than "appealing" that maybe is an issue with how you view the game on a personal level.

    Appealing isn't the same as stressful.

    --

    I'm gathering that less people playing survivor during events, or just in general, don't find the survivor side as "appealing" anymore.

    If survivor was "stressful" to play, than players shouldn't play it.

    I agree! Survivor isn't stressful at all. That's why I mainly play solo survivor.

    But I really don't understand why people think that survivors get less points than killers.

  • i really need that "lol" reaction again.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/566058#Comment_566058

    I agree! Survivor isn't stressful at all. That's why I mainly play solo survivor.

    But I really don't understand why people think that survivors get less points than killers.

    Because they do...? As a killer I get close to the 32k cap pretty frequently. As survivor an amazing game will only get you to mid 20k if youre very lucky.

    People seem to say that survivors can just jump from game to game but the killer has to wait until the end, etc. What about the games where you play as survivor until the end? Only to get a fraction of the killers BP. No one is asking for survivors to get more BP per game than the killer. All anyone is asking is for survivors to get an equivalent amount of BPs to that of killers.

1 2 3 4 5 6