I feel like people tend to forget that a lot of people actually wait until the end of the game, especially when playing with their friends. Furthermorr, BBQ is way easier to stack than We're Gonna Live Forever.
in order to use as killer BBQ you hast to buy it with real money
I'd like to see those stats, please. Beyond that, it's not common sense because depending on the gap between Survivors and Killers, the amount of games needed to be played to make up the difference may not be reasonable for anyone outside of hardcore BP grinders.
Complaining about blood points for survivors when killers will still be getting the same good amount of points? Jesus, some people just need to complain for the sake of it. I see so many posts about killers waiting in lobbies for so long and a change to survivor blood points would actually get more people playing survivor so those wait times aren't as bad.
Wait time as a killer was not an issue until the GF+Event came out, and its been going back to normal every day since.
With survivors getting equal BP there is going to be a lot less diversity of killers, why have a stressful game as a non chosen killer (Nurse/Billy/Spirit) when you sit back and have a easy relaxing game as a survivor for the same reward.... even more so if you SWF
Wait time as a killer was not an issue until the GF+Event came out, and its been going back to normal every day since.
With survivors getting equal BP there is going to be a lot less diversity of killers, why have a stressful game as a non chosen killer (Nurse/Billy/Spirit) when you sit back and have a easy relaxing game as a survivor for the same reward.... even more so if you SWF
With survivors getting equal BP there is going to be a lot less diversity of killers, why have a stressful game as a non chosen killer (Nurse/Billy/Spirit) when you sit back and have a easy relaxing game as a survivor for the same reward.... even more so if you SWF
Because playing solo survivor is boring at best and torturous at worst.
The goal is to incentivize playing survivor over killers. So if people swap from killer to survivor, then it is working as intended.
Also, balance between killers is an irrelevant issue. Instead of bitching about survivors getting more BP, you should ######### about how those killers are too weak.
One generally does not ask the other side to prove their argument for them in a debate. :P
This is the average time the game last for killer. So the's say a game last 13 min and you wait 2 min for the next one so a killer can play 4 game per hour. A survivors let's say die every time at 9 min and wait 1 min for the next game he can play 6 game per hour.
I'm a killer main and this will make me play survivor more.
Yeah, the primary reason I play killer more is because of the bloodpoints. If I can earn the same amount of bloodpoints with survivor, I'll likely switch over.
It will just make survivor more appealing as role, so, in theory, it would be harder to create a situation like the one we had in these past few weeks, where everyone was playing killer because more rewarding (bloodpoint-wise).
We might end up with the reverse situation though. As of right now, bloodpoints are the only reason I'm playing killer more than survivor. Survivor is more forgiving and allows you to play with friends. If it also rewards the same amount of bloodpoints, we might have to do something to give people an incentive to play killer.
This is the average time the game last for killer. So the's say a game last 13 min and you wait 2 min for the next one so a killer can play 4 game per hour. A survivors let's say die every time at 9 min and wait 1 min for the next game he can play 6 game per hour.
This is the average time the game last for killer. So the's say a game last 13 min and you wait 2 min for the next one so a killer can play 4 game per hour. A survivors let's say die every time at 9 min and wait 1 min for the next game he can play 6 game per hour.
If we actually look at BP bonuses, most people don't run WGLF because it's a handicap, unlike BBQC.
Most people won't get 4 stacks of WGLF because you have to compete with other survivors to unhook, unlike BBQC, which you can easily get 4 stacks for just by playing a full game. Plus, now you must ensure it's a safe unhook, so you either have to waste time taking protection hits or run BT.
Killer BP gain is far more stable and straight forward. Survivor BP gain is dependent on your team and the killer, and a large portion of it is gated by survival points.
I'd like some hard proof because this hypothesizing and data is clearly weighted against survivor BP gains. If it's so easy to gain BP as survivor, then why are so many people still opting to play killer over survivor almost a month after the patch?
If we actually look at BP bonuses, most people don't run WGLF because it's a handicap, unlike BBQC.
Most people won't get 4 stacks of WGLF because you have to compete with other survivors to unhook, unlike BBQC, which you can easily get 4 stacks for just by playing a full game.
Killer BP gain is far more stable and straight forward. Survivor BP gain is dependent on your team and the killer, and a large portion of it is gated by survival points.
I'd like some hard proof because this hypothesizing and data is clearly weighted against survivor BP gains. If it's so easy to gain BP as survivor, then why are so many people still opting to play killer over survivor almost a month after the patch?
BBQ cost you 5 $ and you have to lvl the killer that you may never play. WGLF is free and you may have it as the main skin as survivor
One generally does not ask the other side to prove their argument for them in a debate. :P
I don't care in the slightest. I do more than enough research for the Wiki already, I'm not going to dig up stats for you that you can google yourself.
But the one side has 4 players and the other 1 and as the killer, you need more points by doing this they small % of killers the play for blood point will stop. As survivors is easy to "win" and have fun and now you get the same point as a killer even tho you are 1/4 of him ?
Here's why survivors need more Bloodpoints: Quote from a thread.
I don't use BPS as a survivor because you hardly get anything from it, especially when you have to fight for generator points and safe unhook points amongst your team. Furthermore, sometimes you can't go for unhooks or generators because of your team's decisions, which means you other BP categories are going to be really underwhelming.
Honestly, you're just better off playing killer during the double bloodpoint event in my opinion. Not only do they gain more BP consistently, but BBQ stacks is more consistent than WGLF stacks because you're almost always guaranteed to hook a few survivors. On the other hand, WGLF is only for altruistic survivors, and if you're forced to do generators because your team is always going for hook saves, it's a dead perk (not like it does anything anyways). Even if you can get a safe unhook, it's unlikely you'll get 4 safe unhooks and/or 4 protection hits within a single game.
I know this sounds like a rant in a way, but survivors really do get the short end of the stick when it comes to earning BP. I'd like to see all categories get BP buffs in my opinion, but hey, that's just me. 🤷♂️
Survivors still have the same 8k cap per category, same as killers. Right now, if a survivor dies in the trial, the Survival category is pretty much guaranteed to be 0. However, a killer gets Sacrifice BP not just for completing a sacrifice but for hooking a survivor at all. A killer's BP categories complement each other whereas survivors' BP categories exclude each other, and survivors have to compete with each other a bit to get BP in each of those categories.
The only problem I see is that I may have to wait longer in the queue when I try to do a survivor daily. This seems like a win for killers.
If I notice that I'm working my ass off as killer and earning less than a coasting survivor, then I'll start complaining.
If we are going to be real about fixing the disparity between killer and survivor bloodpoints earned then they have to look at We're Gonna Live Forever. The ease and consistency which a killer can earn tokens on BBQ compared to survivors earning tokens with WGLF is huge. BBQ tokens are earned doing what a killer naturally does in the course of the game. But WGLF doesn't work that way. As a survivor you are dependent on the killer to earn your tokens. Plus you are competing with other survivors for those safe unhooks. Let's put it his way, if you dominate as a killer then you are guaranteed your 4 tokens, but if you dominate as a survivor you will get 0 tokens (since no one was hooked).
The way to fix this is easy and obvious. Reward survivors for doing what they are supposed to be doing. IE fixing generators to escape. WGLF should give 10/15/20% bonus to all bloodpoints earned in a match per token and tokens should be earned with each completed generator. If WGLF isn't changed then survivors are still earning half the bloodpoints than a killer.
There is one other major issue that needs to be addressed. That is the category system for survivors. Survivors earn bloodpoints for vastly different tasks. If the killer happens to find you first and you run the killer around the entire match, you will quickly cap out on the 8,000 bloodpoint limit in the chase category. But you obviously won't be doing any generators and thus miss out on all those potential points. It's not that survivors fault. That player didn't do anything wrong. But he is still screwed out of lots of potential bloodpoints.
What should happen is when survivors earn the max amount of bloodpoints in one category they should be able to continue earning bloodpoints in that activity, but at a 50% rate that goes into a "general pool". At the end of the match the general pool bloodpoints are distributed in other categories. This would not raise the max limit if 8,000 bloodpoints are earned in each category (32,000). So for example, if I used the above scenario where the survivor is chased the entire match. That survivor earns 19,000 bloodpoints toward the chase category. That player would earn 5,500 bloodpoints toward the general bloodpoint pool (19,000-8000)/2=5500.
Until these 2 issues are addressed there will always be a discrepancy between killers and survivors.
this is great and all... I'm glad more people get BPs... but the majority of killers are super weak compared to the average survivor main.
Games should have a time limit on them, and if survivors don't get the gens all done in lets say 15 minutes... they get auto sacrificed...
Or liven skill checks up with a captcha instead of just hitting a space bar.. lots of games do this vs the current space bar system.
Survivors have everything basically handed to them, and killers only have a few options.. and some of the outlier options require uncommon to rare add-ons to remain viable... hell Tru3 ended up spending nearly 500k BPs today trying to get ONE green add-on in the bloodweb for a viewer build... where as survivors don't even need add-ons to all be viable.
BHVR def has a hard bias for the survivor players and from what it seems like to me don't care about their killer players. (gutting Legion... a C tier killer for no reason, Freddy rework will have to be played and tested to be judged)
I know you guys at BHVR are trying and doing the best you can, but killer with perks should have tools to do their job and everyone can have fun. Borrow some ideas from the other horror genre games.. Stall builds and gen control should reward something as an alternate win condition or something
I don't care in the slightest. I do more than enough research for the Wiki already, I'm not going to dig up stats for you that you can google yourself.
Then I simply am not convinced that your claim is reality.
this is great and all... I'm glad more people get BPs... but the majority of killers are super weak compared to the average survivor main.
Games should have a time limit on them, and if survivors don't get the gens all done in lets say 15 minutes... they get auto sacrificed...
Or liven skill checks up with a captcha instead of just hitting a space bar.. lots of games do this vs the current space bar system.
Survivors have everything basically handed to them, and killers only have a few options.. and some of the outlier options require uncommon to rare add-ons to remain viable... hell Tru3 ended up spending nearly 500k BPs today trying to get ONE green add-on in the bloodweb for a viewer build... where as survivors don't even need add-ons to all be viable.
BHVR def has a hard bias for the survivor players and from what it seems like to me don't care about their killer players. (gutting Legion... a C tier killer for no reason, Freddy rework will have to be played and tested to be judged)
I know you guys at BHVR are trying and doing the best you can, but killer with perks should have tools to do their job and everyone can have fun. Borrow some ideas from the other horror genre games.. Stall builds and gen control should reward something as an alternate win condition or something
So 3 gen doctor should be the optimal strategy huh? That sounds like a delightful meta for everyone. /sarcasm
I welcome this change. It is hard enough to get BPs as Survivor, BECAUSE you have to share it. Some guy gets chased? Cool, I sit on a Gen. Once I maxed out my Objective Points, I cannot get anymore points on that Category. Same with Altruism, if I dont get any Unhooks, it is hard to get the BPs there. And not speaking of Survival - 5k BP for Surviving and besides that, almost nothing.
I am fine with Killers earning more BPs in general, but closing the Gap would be indeed nice, especially since it is far easier to earn Extra BPs with BBQ than it would be with WGLF, again, because you have to share. And that BBQ actually costs money is not really a reason. The DLC costs like 3 Euros on Discount, and considering DBD is a cheap game in general, it should not be that much of a problem to buy the DLC. Some full price games cost tripple the amount of money DBD costs and have a much lower amount of playtime.
And well, my waiting times for Killer are not really cool. I wait at least 5 minutes for a game, and I am in purple Ranks, so there should be enough players there. And during the Double BP Event, when I wanted to level some Killers (I strictly divide BPs for Killer and Survivor), I had waiting times of 20-30 minutes. Not really fun.
I don't care in the slightest. I do more than enough research for the Wiki already, I'm not going to dig up stats for you that you can google yourself.
Don't make claims if you can't back them up. Your free time hobby has nothing to do with this discussion so I'm not sure why you brought it up.
OP doesn't complain about Survivors getting more points as such, but rather why the devs don't just generally up the Bloodpoint gain to lessen the grind for everone.
Because the BP grind for survivors is absolutely ridiculous. Killer can easily walk out of a game with like 75K if they have BBQ and pudding. I can grind to 1 mil BP in like a day as killer. As survivor you will be lucky to get 30k out of a game with WGLF and escape cake. Your average survivor game nets you like 15k. The difference in BP earnings is so drastic.
Again, killers just being mad that it's not all about them.
Then I simply am not convinced that your claim is reality.
Thats fine you dont matter and neither does your belief, im more concerned that you cant google and im wondering how you got to this page, did a dev link it to you when you refused to google it and were behaveing incredulous as to its existance?
If bloodpoints are more evenly distributed, where is the motivation for playing the more difficult, more stressful role of killer?
Without killers the game is dead.
Without survivors, the game is dead.
Them getting less points mean it makes less sense to play as survivor during events or while getting points for new killers. Also survivor can be quite stressful if your team is full of potatoes. c: Or don't like team games with strangers.
If bloodpoints are more evenly distributed, where is the motivation for playing the more difficult, more stressful role of killer?
Without killers the game is dead.
I mean, thats an opinion. I'll still be playing killer for my bp because I get points for every category naturally. I won't have to go out of my way to focus on unhooks or getting chased because I capped objective
The reason is killer doesn't have a good perk that works for everyone and you need to choose the more optimal.
No, the reason it doesn't appear is because WGLF does nothing to help you and you can't reliably get your stacks up without possibly killing your team. In a normal game, you'll get about 2 or even 1 and that's if the killer isn't camping. If they decide to camp, you don't get stacks unless you have BT or can manage a hit. If they're camping, they'll only likely hook 1~2 people, too. As killer, you can reliably get around 3~4 and it's actually useful outside of BP bonus.
Them getting less points mean it makes less sense to play as survivor during events or while getting points for new killers. Also survivor can be quite stressful if your team is full of potatoes. c: Or don't like team games with strangers.
Well if you want to say game will be dead with out survivors i will like you to think that if the game lost 400 survivors 100 killers will wait more but if 400 killers stop playing then 1600 survivors have to wait more.
There have been numerous threads about long que times and the answer being given is due to the disparity of killer players to survivor.
On a lot of those threads someone asked about more bloodpoints for survivors to lure more people to play that role.
They have to try something as right now survivors can get instant queues while some killer are waiting 5 to 15 minutes so with this change if it works out as killer we can also get more matches quicker which in turn gains them more blood points overall.
Another option of course is to buff survivors to lure players.
Can you tell me why something is free must be equal to something that needs money?
Because the game would be pay to win, hello?
Two of the best Killers in the game are free.Money is irrelevant and has nothing to do with how strong a killer, survivor, or perk is. Otherwise, DBD would be pay to win garbage, and it isn't.
I am surprised that I have to explain this to you. Do you play the same game?
Well maybe some enjoy 20 min que times to get a game where most people DC. I am not so masochistic - give survivors tons more BPS so I don't have to w8 so long to play the damn game as killer.
Queue times are weird.
Sometimes I get lobbies instantly,other times I have to wait like 900 years.
Where are all the great forum users who claim survivors and killers get the same amount of blood-points? I’ve been waiting for them to arrive to this discussion.
Again why they don't need them for items or add-ons and when you collect all the perks you done
why...what..
i don't understand why you felt compelled to make this thread. this doesn't impact killers at all. if anything, it'll make your queues better because more people won't feel like they need to play killer for bloodpoints and will play survivor instead
is other people benefiting from a change really so bad?
i don't understand why you felt compelled to make this thread. this doesn't impact killers at all. if anything, it'll make your queues better because more people won't feel like they need to play killer for bloodpoints and will play survivor instead
is other people benefiting from a change really so bad?
Because many Killers mains on this forum think it is a zero sum game that needs to favor "their side", even with the most reasonable and harmless changes.
Think about it. It is so cringy when people mention the "PoWeR roLe" because they take their fantasy way too seriously. You aren't automatically better than another person just because you clicked one thing over the other. Each role has its grievances.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
in order to use as killer BBQ you hast to buy it with real money
There's this thing called Google.
One generally does not ask the other side to prove their argument for them in a debate. :P
Oh heck no. We haven't even gotten Iron will nerfed to not affect spirit during phasewalk yet.
Wait time as a killer was not an issue until the GF+Event came out, and its been going back to normal every day since.
With survivors getting equal BP there is going to be a lot less diversity of killers, why have a stressful game as a non chosen killer (Nurse/Billy/Spirit) when you sit back and have a easy relaxing game as a survivor for the same reward.... even more so if you SWF
With survivors getting equal BP there is going to be a lot less diversity of killers, why have a stressful game as a non chosen killer (Nurse/Billy/Spirit) when you sit back and have a easy relaxing game as a survivor for the same reward.... even more so if you SWF
Because playing solo survivor is boring at best and torturous at worst.
The goal is to incentivize playing survivor over killers. So if people swap from killer to survivor, then it is working as intended.
Also, balance between killers is an irrelevant issue. Instead of bitching about survivors getting more BP, you should ######### about how those killers are too weak.
This is the average time the game last for killer. So the's say a game last 13 min and you wait 2 min for the next one so a killer can play 4 game per hour. A survivors let's say die every time at 9 min and wait 1 min for the next game he can play 6 game per hour.
Reading this title of OP I can only picture like this fat Docter stuffing his face full of BP lol
Yeah, the primary reason I play killer more is because of the bloodpoints. If I can earn the same amount of bloodpoints with survivor, I'll likely switch over.
We might end up with the reverse situation though. As of right now, bloodpoints are the only reason I'm playing killer more than survivor. Survivor is more forgiving and allows you to play with friends. If it also rewards the same amount of bloodpoints, we might have to do something to give people an incentive to play killer.
That is not what I asked for.
If we actually look at BP bonuses, most people don't run WGLF because it's a handicap, unlike BBQC.
Most people won't get 4 stacks of WGLF because you have to compete with other survivors to unhook, unlike BBQC, which you can easily get 4 stacks for just by playing a full game. Plus, now you must ensure it's a safe unhook, so you either have to waste time taking protection hits or run BT.
Killer BP gain is far more stable and straight forward. Survivor BP gain is dependent on your team and the killer, and a large portion of it is gated by survival points.
I'd like some hard proof because this hypothesizing and data is clearly weighted against survivor BP gains. If it's so easy to gain BP as survivor, then why are so many people still opting to play killer over survivor almost a month after the patch?
BBQ cost you 5 $ and you have to lvl the killer that you may never play. WGLF is free and you may have it as the main skin as survivor
$5 didn't stop anyone, did it?
I don't care in the slightest. I do more than enough research for the Wiki already, I'm not going to dig up stats for you that you can google yourself.
Blown the ######### out.
@DarkGGhost
Here's why survivors need more Bloodpoints: Quote from a thread.
I don't use BPS as a survivor because you hardly get anything from it, especially when you have to fight for generator points and safe unhook points amongst your team. Furthermore, sometimes you can't go for unhooks or generators because of your team's decisions, which means you other BP categories are going to be really underwhelming.
Honestly, you're just better off playing killer during the double bloodpoint event in my opinion. Not only do they gain more BP consistently, but BBQ stacks is more consistent than WGLF stacks because you're almost always guaranteed to hook a few survivors. On the other hand, WGLF is only for altruistic survivors, and if you're forced to do generators because your team is always going for hook saves, it's a dead perk (not like it does anything anyways). Even if you can get a safe unhook, it's unlikely you'll get 4 safe unhooks and/or 4 protection hits within a single game.
I know this sounds like a rant in a way, but survivors really do get the short end of the stick when it comes to earning BP. I'd like to see all categories get BP buffs in my opinion, but hey, that's just me. 🤷♂️
Fun you chose this photo because what i see is 3 perks that killer don't have to buy and lvl the killer and zero buy perk for survivors
In an ideal world, both sides would get so much BP (compared to the amount needed for the grind) that you wouldn't have to care which one got more.
It's your own source. Your thread is about BP gain, in case you didn't remember.
BBQC is the second top perk, in spite of being paid. WGLF does not even appear on the list, despite being free.
Or are you just trying to find something else to complain about?
The reason is killer doesn't have a good perk that works for everyone and you need to choose the more optimal.
Better question why not
Survivors still have the same 8k cap per category, same as killers. Right now, if a survivor dies in the trial, the Survival category is pretty much guaranteed to be 0. However, a killer gets Sacrifice BP not just for completing a sacrifice but for hooking a survivor at all. A killer's BP categories complement each other whereas survivors' BP categories exclude each other, and survivors have to compete with each other a bit to get BP in each of those categories.
The only problem I see is that I may have to wait longer in the queue when I try to do a survivor daily. This seems like a win for killers.
If I notice that I'm working my ass off as killer and earning less than a coasting survivor, then I'll start complaining.
Are we talking about a different BBQ than the one I'm thinking of. Not to mention Ruin.
If we are going to be real about fixing the disparity between killer and survivor bloodpoints earned then they have to look at We're Gonna Live Forever. The ease and consistency which a killer can earn tokens on BBQ compared to survivors earning tokens with WGLF is huge. BBQ tokens are earned doing what a killer naturally does in the course of the game. But WGLF doesn't work that way. As a survivor you are dependent on the killer to earn your tokens. Plus you are competing with other survivors for those safe unhooks. Let's put it his way, if you dominate as a killer then you are guaranteed your 4 tokens, but if you dominate as a survivor you will get 0 tokens (since no one was hooked).
The way to fix this is easy and obvious. Reward survivors for doing what they are supposed to be doing. IE fixing generators to escape. WGLF should give 10/15/20% bonus to all bloodpoints earned in a match per token and tokens should be earned with each completed generator. If WGLF isn't changed then survivors are still earning half the bloodpoints than a killer.
There is one other major issue that needs to be addressed. That is the category system for survivors. Survivors earn bloodpoints for vastly different tasks. If the killer happens to find you first and you run the killer around the entire match, you will quickly cap out on the 8,000 bloodpoint limit in the chase category. But you obviously won't be doing any generators and thus miss out on all those potential points. It's not that survivors fault. That player didn't do anything wrong. But he is still screwed out of lots of potential bloodpoints.
What should happen is when survivors earn the max amount of bloodpoints in one category they should be able to continue earning bloodpoints in that activity, but at a 50% rate that goes into a "general pool". At the end of the match the general pool bloodpoints are distributed in other categories. This would not raise the max limit if 8,000 bloodpoints are earned in each category (32,000). So for example, if I used the above scenario where the survivor is chased the entire match. That survivor earns 19,000 bloodpoints toward the chase category. That player would earn 5,500 bloodpoints toward the general bloodpoint pool (19,000-8000)/2=5500.
Until these 2 issues are addressed there will always be a discrepancy between killers and survivors.
this is great and all... I'm glad more people get BPs... but the majority of killers are super weak compared to the average survivor main.
Games should have a time limit on them, and if survivors don't get the gens all done in lets say 15 minutes... they get auto sacrificed...
Or liven skill checks up with a captcha instead of just hitting a space bar.. lots of games do this vs the current space bar system.
Survivors have everything basically handed to them, and killers only have a few options.. and some of the outlier options require uncommon to rare add-ons to remain viable... hell Tru3 ended up spending nearly 500k BPs today trying to get ONE green add-on in the bloodweb for a viewer build... where as survivors don't even need add-ons to all be viable.
BHVR def has a hard bias for the survivor players and from what it seems like to me don't care about their killer players. (gutting Legion... a C tier killer for no reason, Freddy rework will have to be played and tested to be judged)
I know you guys at BHVR are trying and doing the best you can, but killer with perks should have tools to do their job and everyone can have fun. Borrow some ideas from the other horror genre games.. Stall builds and gen control should reward something as an alternate win condition or something
Then I simply am not convinced that your claim is reality.
So 3 gen doctor should be the optimal strategy huh? That sounds like a delightful meta for everyone. /sarcasm
Another Thread where OP bitches about Survivors.
I welcome this change. It is hard enough to get BPs as Survivor, BECAUSE you have to share it. Some guy gets chased? Cool, I sit on a Gen. Once I maxed out my Objective Points, I cannot get anymore points on that Category. Same with Altruism, if I dont get any Unhooks, it is hard to get the BPs there. And not speaking of Survival - 5k BP for Surviving and besides that, almost nothing.
I am fine with Killers earning more BPs in general, but closing the Gap would be indeed nice, especially since it is far easier to earn Extra BPs with BBQ than it would be with WGLF, again, because you have to share. And that BBQ actually costs money is not really a reason. The DLC costs like 3 Euros on Discount, and considering DBD is a cheap game in general, it should not be that much of a problem to buy the DLC. Some full price games cost tripple the amount of money DBD costs and have a much lower amount of playtime.
And well, my waiting times for Killer are not really cool. I wait at least 5 minutes for a game, and I am in purple Ranks, so there should be enough players there. And during the Double BP Event, when I wanted to level some Killers (I strictly divide BPs for Killer and Survivor), I had waiting times of 20-30 minutes. Not really fun.
So maybe those will be better.
Survs be earning more then doctor soon
Don't make claims if you can't back them up. Your free time hobby has nothing to do with this discussion so I'm not sure why you brought it up.
Because the BP grind for survivors is absolutely ridiculous. Killer can easily walk out of a game with like 75K if they have BBQ and pudding. I can grind to 1 mil BP in like a day as killer. As survivor you will be lucky to get 30k out of a game with WGLF and escape cake. Your average survivor game nets you like 15k. The difference in BP earnings is so drastic.
Again, killers just being mad that it's not all about them.
Thats fine you dont matter and neither does your belief, im more concerned that you cant google and im wondering how you got to this page, did a dev link it to you when you refused to google it and were behaveing incredulous as to its existance?
If bloodpoints are more evenly distributed, where is the motivation for playing the more difficult, more stressful role of killer?
Without killers the game is dead.
Because Killer is more fun, duh.
We have more than enough killers, myself included. When we don't, then you can talk.
Without survivors, the game is dead.
Them getting less points mean it makes less sense to play as survivor during events or while getting points for new killers. Also survivor can be quite stressful if your team is full of potatoes. c: Or don't like team games with strangers.
I mean, thats an opinion. I'll still be playing killer for my bp because I get points for every category naturally. I won't have to go out of my way to focus on unhooks or getting chased because I capped objective
No, the reason it doesn't appear is because WGLF does nothing to help you and you can't reliably get your stacks up without possibly killing your team. In a normal game, you'll get about 2 or even 1 and that's if the killer isn't camping. If they decide to camp, you don't get stacks unless you have BT or can manage a hit. If they're camping, they'll only likely hook 1~2 people, too. As killer, you can reliably get around 3~4 and it's actually useful outside of BP bonus.
Again, I don't care.
The devs made the stats, they know about them. That's ultimately what's important.
RIP survivors on PS4. With ~20K killers online, and > 100k survivors, this is only going to get worse
The start of the event coincided with killers having to wait for their lobby to be formed. We are back to the new "improved matchmaking".
The event has ended now and the killer lobbys haven't improved.
Survivor lobbies have not shown improvement in getting games.
So the event may not be the reasons killers have suddenly had longer wait times.
Well if you want to say game will be dead with out survivors i will like you to think that if the game lost 400 survivors 100 killers will wait more but if 400 killers stop playing then 1600 survivors have to wait more.
There have been numerous threads about long que times and the answer being given is due to the disparity of killer players to survivor.
On a lot of those threads someone asked about more bloodpoints for survivors to lure more people to play that role.
They have to try something as right now survivors can get instant queues while some killer are waiting 5 to 15 minutes so with this change if it works out as killer we can also get more matches quicker which in turn gains them more blood points overall.
Another option of course is to buff survivors to lure players.
Which one would you prefer to happen?
Can you tell me why something is free must be equal to something that needs money?
Giving almost no grusome gateaus to survivors swung the player base to playing killer.
Was this a deliberate choice to give an excuse to buff survivors I wonder?
Because the game would be pay to win, hello?
Two of the best Killers in the game are free. Money is irrelevant and has nothing to do with how strong a killer, survivor, or perk is. Otherwise, DBD would be pay to win garbage, and it isn't.
I am surprised that I have to explain this to you. Do you play the same game?
Queue times are weird.
Sometimes I get lobbies instantly,other times I have to wait like 900 years.
Where are all the great forum users who claim survivors and killers get the same amount of blood-points? I’ve been waiting for them to arrive to this discussion.
why...what..
i don't understand why you felt compelled to make this thread. this doesn't impact killers at all. if anything, it'll make your queues better because more people won't feel like they need to play killer for bloodpoints and will play survivor instead
is other people benefiting from a change really so bad?
Because many Killers mains on this forum think it is a zero sum game that needs to favor "their side", even with the most reasonable and harmless changes.
Think about it. It is so cringy when people mention the "PoWeR roLe" because they take their fantasy way too seriously. You aren't automatically better than another person just because you clicked one thing over the other. Each role has its grievances.
@miaasma - In theory, keeping it balanced WOULD be good for everyone. But if the balance is wrong and we have a shortage of killers, how long would it take BHVR to fix it?
Also remember it will take a long time for all these Ghostfaces to run out of their 100+ Gateaux compared to your survivor's 5+ gateaux.