Please get rid of the down vote.
Why is it there? people will less likely post or make comments due to the down vote.....this site doesn't promote hate but getting down voted is another feature to diss people and spread negativity.....why do people need a negative thought, button due to their opinions...thougts, suggestions?
Comments
Maybe if they add a cooldown to it. Would that be fine for you sensitive people?
@Peanits But you are a starting a forum that is creating a negativity, and sorry but a hate button, didn't someone get banned for a hate down vote? or banned for a month? i don't care what people think of me, sorry i was defending the forum...disliking things and down voting opinions thoughts, ideas.....i think the devs need to think again.....call me a snow flke, i dont care what people think of my posts i was given a post to the full forum
it's okay Judith, i will just down vote all your opinions andthoughts...dont pretend you don't care cos well we are human and again i am saying the community NOT me but you seem for that to fly over your head
@Mushwin if you keep talking like that, you're going to get banned, calm down.
@Poweas beg pardon for standing up for the commumity!
@Mushwin you know I didn't mean it like that. You're too aggressive to Judith. Calm down, write in a more organised manner.
@Poweas so sorr but read back and understand...why
@Mushwin thanks, just wanted to look out for ya. I'm going to bed now, goodnight.
Not all humans care about random numbers on a forum. And I just made a suggestion which is not a bad idea tbh. But whatever , keep crying over it I guess.
@powease well thank you and sorry i don't mean to be agresive i just dont want any hate or down vtoes to people here...just as everyone has their onwn thoughts and opinios....peopke may not like me but i want people to voice thieir own things without been critized for it and goodnight *s
@Judith thhen why even be on the forums? if you didn't care about such? o.O we are here for a reason but eh
I agree.
Why am I on the forums if I don't care about upvotes and downvotes? Maybe you should ask yourself why are you here if you do...
@judith omg again read my post! don't turn it back on me....feel free to down vote things...i men cool story bro...again and again im aaying this i am saying this for the forum....not...me....i want the forum tohave psitivity not ave a negative bitton
I don't downvote people. I am just saying it shouldn't mean so much to you.
I have 72 vote downs and I’m proud! :p
Based on what you've said, I think you're misunderstanding the down vote button. It's not meant to spread negativity, it's just there if you want to disagree with someone without replying with a harsh comment...which IS spreading negativity. If anything, the down vote button, if used correctly, should REDUCE negativity, because users now have a way to show they disagree without starting up an argument of who's right or wrong.
Sounds like someone is a fragile little snowflake. "Oh no! I got downvoted! I'm gonna cry! 😥"
Except that this place is a toxic cesspool and vote down will ultimately be used to spread negativity.
There is nothing stopping someone from both vote down AND replying with a harsh comment. Basically we are just doubling up on the negativity.
Also you shouldn't just be able to disagree without context. If you disagree with someone you should need to make a case why. If you agree, however, you don't need context.
Shut up and take my downvote
Just take the downvote like a man
>66 down votes and counting
The whole problem would go away if, on top of the upvote and the downvote button, we'd get a "Hate" button. It'd be so much more clear when someone just disagrees with you, and when someone actually hates your guts.
-wakes up, yawns and adjusts my snowflake self- ty all for your comments -even if some missed the point and -heart hands to my fans and down votes- and..@katoptris i took it like a woman :D
I wish them adding it hadn't meant the death of the awesome button. :(
@RoMainPuppy agrees....maybe get rid of the flag button and bring back the awesome button
Mushwin how in the hell did you got over 300 downvotes? :O
Holy hell, your first post has nearly third of that amount.
@Judith i am just that good Judith...i am just that good lol
I hope you realise now how worthless those numbers are.
Wasn't the point but eh.
@Mushwin in this forum trying your hardest to be nice is not the way to popularity. You do seem a little lost in here :)
If someone disagrees, they should make an answer representing their opinion.
A downvote itself is stupid.
@George_Soros well George i am not here to be popular...i guess humour and sarcasm is a and can be a hard thing to portray here...i am usaully a little lost anyway :)
Don't let it get to you, you are a nice person and that is what matters. You just care too much about irrelevant things. Just chill. ;)
@Judith i now have a new BFF ^^
It serves its purpose
@Mushwin, so you have been a member of the forum since January, accumulated an impressive 470 upvotes and probably plenty of Awesome's too. You have managed to get close to equaling that in downvotes in a single day.
Does that not indicate that there may be a little too much negativity in this community?
@JawsIsTheNextKiller Lol wow, i need a own vote crown for how awesome i am :) but yes, that is a lot of negativity
Remember how you got rid of the LOL button because trolls would use new accounts and scripts to spam LOLs on posts they didn't like and sometimes even stalk specific users and LOLing each of their comment?
I would like to point out that not only WILL this happen again with the Vote Down button, it is actually already happening. You can look at comments of users like Orion for example: all of his recent comments received a down vote.
So if I get that right, you would prefer to have the downvote AND upvote button removed. Because you can up and downvote anything without providing any explanation.
@Pizzaman - If you agree with someone, you don't really need to say anything more if it doesn't add to the conversation. If you disagree, it makes sense to explain why.
"That's a nice cake"
"I agree"
"That is not a nice cake".
"What the ######### is wrong with my cake? I spent an hour baking that you bastard"
I find it hilarious tbh.
I really wouldn't let it bother you its just a button lol
The LOL button too, was "just" a button. It had to be removed eventually nonetheless. The same will happen with the Down Vote button again, I'm quite sure with our community.
Well, it is only a number.
But usually you cannot give a "Vote Down"-Button to an Online-Community. This usually does not work out well.
Agreeing with somebody that does not explain why he thinks that the cake is nice = no context to agree to.
We see this kind of stuff on a daily basis in this forum. People just claim things like "XYZ is overpowered and needs to be nerfed" or "XYZ is useless and needs to be buffed", but the person does not explain why. Still, people upvote it, without having any context.
@Pizzaman Except agreement doesn't help you improve, so the context is often times irrelevant.
The awesome button was "just" a button....but we all loved it.....R.I.P awesome button
Why does a vote down have a sad smiley icon? It should be angry. :D
Maybe the person down voting is sad doing it? just a thought....i really wish every time someone pressed it, it would make a fart noise.....hmm but then that button would be abused more lol