The DC Epidemic

@not_Queen @Peanits @PatriciaThis has really gotten out of hand. I know yall are waiting until dedicated servers to crack down a little harder, but I literally can't get a game without a DC. 12 games in a row, all with DC's on their first down before I can even hook them. Maybe instead of strictor ban penalties you just add a game joining penalty similar to other games, ie if you DC you get a 10-15min wait before you can que again. The penalties aren't high enough so it's being abused heavily.

Note that I am not talking about the DC's going into the game because of the infinite loading screen bug. These are intentional DC's as soon as they get caught.

Comments

  • @xChrisx said:

    As killer main:

    They disconnect because the game is unbalanced, killer side is broken, nurse 5 blinks, spirit no phase sound, instasaw,legion franx mix tape mori etc..

    Idk why the devs think ds was the unique problem, just balance the killer side devs, do something usefull in your game

    They disconnect because they are weak willed and childish.

    Never give up. You will be much more satisfied escaping against all odds. I have had many escapes where I was on death hook. Hatch escapes crawling around, last second saves. So much opportunity for amazing moments if you just stick it out.

  • Yeah I posted about the same thing yesterday. DCing is getting way out of hand and is ruining the fun for everyone else playing.

    I did forget to mention that DBD has crashed before (has also been my only game that crashed). I remember being stuck on the loading screen for awhile and being forced to leave.

    Honestly, I really like DBD but all of these issues are making me slowly dislike the game.

  • @Gamzello said:

    Yeah I posted about the same thing yesterday. DCing is getting way out of hand and is ruining the fun for everyone else playing.

    I did forget to mention that DBD has crashed before (has also been my only game that crashed). I remember being stuck on the loading screen for awhile and being forced to leave.

    Honestly, I really like DBD but all of these issues are making me slowly dislike the game.

    They dont know how to fix this issue, i think its there since the beta of the game, now is just more frequently. But yeah lets do other contents, who cares about fix issues

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387830#Comment_387830

    Agreed. They are wanting to get more strict come dedicated servers but that just feels so far away with how absolutely insane the DC rates are right now. The devs need to put their foot down and punish much harder.

    I play a ton of Nurse so DCs are pretty common for me. I don't tunnel nor camp, the only thing I do is down the farmed survivor so the farmer loses benevolence and then go after the farmer while the farmed survivor gets picked up.

  • @Lavernne "If people always dc, why are they playing the game anyway? And destroy the fun of others.. I don't get it."

    UPybAcAq_400x400 - Copie.png


  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384671#Comment_384671

    If they load into a 3v1 that's a different story, I'm talking a full game where everyone loaded in. It's happening no matter what killer I'm play but no, Legion was not one of them.

    The problem is a lot of survivors are calling everything tunneling or camping these days even when it's not.

    Also, if they're DC'ing because some killers camp/tunnel and I havn't even done that yet as it's their first down, then that's pretty messed up and shows that we need some harsher DC penalties.

    Survivors are only valuable as hook ornaments.

  • @Tylerz said:

    I DC'd on a moonwalker legion.

    Should I had a penalty for this ?

    Let’s do the math.

    DCing is against the rules.

    Legion is a playable character. By “moonwalker” you mean he used the power the game gives him.

    You broke the rules- they didn’t. Yes, you should be banned.

    Beyond arbitrary rules, you acted like a child and the game is better without those of your ilk.


  • @ToxicAddiction said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384937#Comment_384937

    Let’s do the math.

    DCing is against the rules.

    Legion is a playable character. By “moonwalker” you mean he used the power the game gives him.

    You broke the rules- they didn’t. Yes, you should be banned.

    Beyond arbitrary rules, you acted like a child and the game is better without those of your ilk.

    No, moonwalking is an exploit it wasn't an ability they gave him and the devs even said it wasn't intended. If the "ABUSE" got out of hand they'd address it they said which is why it's probably going to get weed whacked soon.


    So you'll see Legion stopped being played for the most part because most Legions can't get downs/kills without doing the exploit.


    The game is better without all the toxic ilk abusing said mechanic.

  • I personally don't blame Survivors who DC against completely broken situations like Spirit's Prayer Beads Bracelet, Judith's Tombstone, etc.

    It's hilarious. Killer mains whine about "gEnRuShInG" but then they bring meme add-ons or pink Moris that turn the game into Burger King easy mode which ends the round in less than 5 minutes.

    The only time I DC is if the Killer is trolling and slugs the entire team >OR< I'm on the hook getting hard camped and my teammates are crouching around not doing gens. Usually, they are wearing the Survivor's default clothes.

  • This has really gotten out of hand.

    I am more than down for this. Hopefully they have something in place to detect if it was a genuine disconnect (Lost connection) and it doesn't matter if you have top of the line connection. All it takes is a second to lose the connection. Now I know someone is going to say "well if you have potato connection then don't play" and you are correct. But, on the other hand even streamers lose connection at times. So as long as that's addressed, and for the people who Dc by clicking "leave game" I am more than down.

  • Wonder how normal DC people are thinking reading this forum with actual players that I wish was playing more in my games. (Hopefully sweating of guilt at least)

  • @xChrisx said:

    As killer main:

    They disconnect because the game is unbalanced, killer side is broken, nurse 5 blinks, spirit no phase sound, instasaw,legion franx mix tape mori etc..

    Idk why the devs think ds was the unique problem, just balance the killer side devs, do something usefull in your game

    Wait wait, you're saying killer side is too strong? There are also no insta saws and spirits phase walking does have sound.

  • @powerbats

    "No, moonwalking is an exploit it wasn't an ability they gave him and the devs even said it wasn't intended."

    Isn't this the very same situation as "looping"?

    Aka the abuse of different sized hitboxes.

    Looping wasn't intended either and still survivor call it a "feature" now and defend it to death.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @powerbats

    "No, moonwalking is an exploit it wasn't an ability they gave him and the devs even said it wasn't intended."

    Isn't this the very same situation as "looping"?

    Aka the abuse of different sized hitboxes.

    Looping wasn't intended either and still survivor call it a "feature" now and defend it to death.

    Oh come on, this Bullshit again?

    Moonwalking is an Exploit, Looping is not. But I know, you basically want that Survivors spawn on Hooks. You can make Looping an Exploit, when there are way more Pallets and Windows on the Map.

    And yes, 100% justified to DC vs a moonwalking Legion. Playing the easiest Killer in the game AND using Exploits. Great. And well... It is not because the player is playing Legion, it is because of the way he is playing it. It is up to him if he wants to use this Exploit, because he is simply bad.

    In General, DCs should be punished. Will maybe come with Dedicated Servers. Same will go for Lobby-Dodging, hopefully. Killers should not be able to cherrypick their games. It is ridiculous that I am not allowed to bring a Med Kit, but the Killer can bring his Pink Add-Ons.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @powerbats

    "No, moonwalking is an exploit it wasn't an ability they gave him and the devs even said it wasn't intended."

    Isn't this the very same situation as "looping"?

    Aka the abuse of different sized hitboxes.

    Looping wasn't intended either and still survivor call it a "feature" now and defend it to death.

    Because looping has been embraced by the dev well over 1 year ago, but way to try and say Legions not exploiting.

  • @Aven_Fallen

    "Moonwalking is an Exploit, Looping is not."

    Repeating a LIE doesn't make it true.



    Btw... is promoting an ingame banable offense a reportable offense in the forum? (Just curious^^)

  • I quit when one of the survivors gets hooked for a second time within 2-3 mins of the match (I'm not gonna try to 3 man a spirit with 5 gens left). I quit when the killer have a horrible connection (which most of you do) such as 270-300ms ping. I quit when I get tunneled and camped for no reason other than I juked the crap out of the killer. I quit when other survivors quit within the first minutes of the match. I quit when the Huntress has OP one hit hatchets.


    You can complain all you like. It will never get fixed. The game gets around 10-15k players daily. You punish them for DCing, you're removing a big portion of the players base.

  • Why?

    Corn illness is a known disease. Its up to the devs to fix that. And btw, if the game decides to put me 3 times in a row on corn, I will DC aswell =)

    Survivors taught me that there are no DC penalties, so who cares

  • @Aven_Fallen

    You're exactly what is wrong in this game.

    Can't you go play Civilization like everyone else ?

    1486751520-kermit-fier.png

    What i'm reading beyond this post ?

    "You can complain all you like. It will never get fixed.

    UPybAcAq_400x400 - Copie.png

    niark niark"

    Is basically their mindset.

    Maybe it's time for you all to take a break.

    You wouldn't want being responsible for letting kids playing/polluting a Mature rated game don't you ?

    1487201456-kermit-observe.png


  • @Squaty said:

    Keep in mind there is also a bug since the update that forces some users to DC. I have this bug. I had to quit playing cause I can't finish a single match without getting disconnected. There are quite a few of us that have this. I submitted a ticket a few days ago. Hopefully it's fixed soon since I do miss playing this.

    Yep, I dc'd while running and my character just ran in place the whole match 😂😂😂😂

  • Oh, let's talking about killers DC when everybody is about to leave and that tryhard kid just close the application because "if i cant make a kill no one will have points", or the DC just because their ruin/hope devourer is destroyed at the beginning ? but sure its always the survivors that are such irrespectful.

  • @Venzhas said:

    Oh, let's talking about killers DC when everybody is about to leave and that tryhard kid just close the application because "if i cant make a kill no one will have points", or the DC just because their ruin/hope devourer is destroyed at the beginning ? but sure its always the survivors that are such irrespectful.

    I think this issue will be fixed at the release of the dedicated servers. The server will be the host so killer dc=do gens and leave instead of being kicked out

  • @NathanExplosion said:

    @Aven_Fallen

    You're exactly what is wrong in this game.

    Can't you go play Civilization like everyone else ?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/680/IA0XWIVHDBZA.png

    What i'm reading beyond this post ?

    "You can complain all you like. It will never get fixed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/066/RXHJGAS8Y1T0.png

    niark niark"

    Is basically their mindset.

    Maybe it's time for you all to take a break.

    You wouldn't want being responsible for letting kids playing/polluting a Mature rated game don't you ?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/361/UUSXS1SN76GK.png

    I mean, you can bring up a "funny" post with a few pics. You are doing it a lot. But there is always no substance in it. So they are basically meaningless when you are not able to bring any arguments.

    It is simply a fact, things that are unfun for either side need to be adressed. This happened with DS. Even though I never saw a Killer DC because one person had DS or because he got hit by a DS.

    At the moment, people can DC. There is almost no punishment for it. This is far from ideal, but, if they cannot DC anymore, they will simply quit playing. It does not matter how much fun the whole game is or what you like about the game, if there are a few things that are simply unfun, people might stop playing DBD. And if this happens, it is a problem, because I would say that none of us want to play a game with far less players. (and furthermore - those who actually WANT to be the game unfun for the other side, all the toxic players, will most likely stay. Because they still have their fun in bullying the other side)

    And yeah, you (and the other simply minded person) are what is wrong in this game - people with no empathy for the other side.

  • @Aven_Fallen

    " if they cannot DC anymore, they will simply quit playing"

    And here we go again… survivor doublestandards.

    Survivor mains complain about lobby dodging killers like crazy and ask for punishments and attacked every killer main that said something along the line "If I am forced to play toxic SWF, I stop playing", but now survivor mains use the same "argument" for their purpose and call it perfectly legit.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Aven_Fallen

    " if they cannot DC anymore, they will simply quit playing"

    And here we go again… survivor doublestandards.

    Survivor mains complain about lobby dodging killers like crazy and ask for punishments and attacked every killer main that said something along the line "If I am forced to play toxic SWF, I stop playing", but now survivor mains use the same "argument" for their purpose and call it perfectly legit.

    Read my post again... :)

    "things that are unfun for EITHER side"... I know, you cannot imagine it, but there are two different sides playing. Not just the Killer Side.

    But well... Hard to understand, eh?

  • @Aven_Fallen

    Again… nothing but personal attacks and false assumptions.

    It's getting kind of boring by now.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Aven_Fallen

    Again… nothing but personal attacks and false assumptions.

    It's getting kind of boring by now.

    Then dont answer on my posts, ok? :)

    I will ignore yours, because you are clearly not able to think about the other side. And even when I have nothing better to do when I am in the forum, I will not waste my time with you anymore.

  • Okay, played a couple of games recently, One match with a friend, really good game, became one with the corn and escaped with most points.

    Then the DCs and suicides and now AFKs happened. Really not fun match against a Leatherface with a DC, and then another where there was an AFK and other two suicides. Somehow stealthed the really good Michael Myers and got to the hatch. Afterwards, finally a normal game, everyone in chat agreed that they all had a lot of DCs too. This game though had a really good Michael, and next a good Doctor, so no complaining about those. But still, really? Now I got to a point of three suicides/DC? If my rank goes down more when it is not my fault, I will scream mentally like this:

    image.png


  • @xChrisx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388877#Comment_388877

    I think this issue will be fixed at the release of the dedicated servers. The server will be the host so killer dc=do gens and leave instead of being kicked out

    That's actually a pretty good idea.

    If they want to quit let them, but not screw survivors out of points.

    They shouldnt dc at all, but it prevents being toxic dcs and rage quitting.

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    I personally don't blame Survivors who DC against completely broken situations like Spirit's Prayer Beads Bracelet, Judith's Tombstone, etc.

    It's hilarious. Killer mains whine about "gEnRuShInG" but then they bring meme add-ons or pink Moris that turn the game into Burger King easy mode which ends the round in less than 5 minutes.

    The only time I DC is if the Killer is trolling and slugs the entire team >OR< I'm on the hook getting hard camped and my teammates are crouching around not doing gens. Usually, they are wearing the Survivor's default clothes.

    It's ironic. I see you cry about biased killer mains when you're bias is so apparent it's kinda unreal. Survivors can do whatever the hell they want, but god forbid a killer use what's on their kit? Are you actually crying about Judith's ######### Tombstone? You can get 3-4 gens done before he hits T3. Are you actually that bad? Genrushing is a real thing, unlike your skill and ability to play this game.

    Unlike you, a lot of KiLlEr MaInS actually want balance but you're constant bitching and dismissal of actual issues and imbalances is why we'll never have a normal discourse about the state of the game. Christ survivors are infuriating. You never play killer, pretend you have any clue how the game works, and just constantly derail discussions.

    Also, your teammates being trash isn't the killer's fault, why do you survivors keep blaming them? Am I supposed to show mercy cuz Dwight got pissed he went down and dc'd? Cuz someone messed up a loop? Cuz you got sandbagged on accident after a survivor ran past you? I try to play fair, but you all literally want your hands held and act like killers are just babysitters.

  • @xChrisx said:

    As killer main:

    They disconnect because the game is unbalanced, killer side is broken, nurse 5 blinks, spirit no phase sound, instasaw,legion franx mix tape mori etc..

    Idk why the devs think ds was the unique problem, just balance the killer side devs, do something usefull in your game

    Not anything that causes a DC is unbalanced or unfun for most.

    Getting trapped by carelessly running? DC cause Trapper is OP.

    Vaulting a window while being within lunge range and running straight to a window? DC cause windows have no force fields.

    Running across the map blindly and getting found by a Killer following your tracks? DC cause it must have been hacking.

    Got mindgamed? DC cause Killers were not supposed to do that apparently.

    Leatherface catching you in an open field? DC cause Bubba is OP too.

    Many players just DC cause they didn't get their way, it hardly matters for the most part what Killers or mechanics were involved. I did not notice a significant lower DC rate when playing the weaker Killers.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384973#Comment_384973

    Dude....when I play killer 99% of the time those gens don't get done.

    When I play survivor recently it's the same, 99% of the time those gens don't get done.

    It's very frustrating, especially when I have no control over it. Survivor goes down in 5 seconds to a ######### Trapper. A ######### TRAPPER!! without using traps!!

    The game is clearly becoming too much for the average survivor and it ruins the game for the other solos now. At least before you could grind out a pip. Now its much harder when your team is dead in 60 seconds.

    Why am I going to bother playing a frustrating experience when I can just stick to killer instead?

    A lot of it is bad decisions which I guess cant be helped. They'll run towards the hook while being chased, go down next to the hook and then if slugged stay there while the killer camps. Why?

    Again before you could ride it out to get to better ranks with better players but it takes so ######### long now that it's just not worth the time or effort.

    If somebody goes down like this then no amount of buffs can save them and they need to look for another game dude.

    What do you want to do? Personally I'd be absolutely ok with reintroducing WAY more pallets into the maps or even respawning pallets if killers get mechanics that ensure a chase is done in MAX 40 seconds, for example bloodlust not breaking and BL3 giving instadowns.

    But sadly the devs cater to streamers who think this is some kind of competitive game. Imo they should just casualize the game and be done with it, I bet more ppl would play it.

  • Honestly, DCing and dodging need a queue penalty since it both of them prevents either side from having an actual game. I can argue why dodging needs a queue punishment as well, just @ me and I'll be happy to discuss why.


    If you DC whenever there are 4 survivors in the game, you'll be punished as follows.

    1st DC: Warning (No punishment)

    2nd DC: 5 minute queue punishment.

    3rd DC: 15 minute queue punishment.

    Any DCs after the 3rd one will be a consistent 15 minute queue punishment.


    If you dodge a lobby when there's good ping (Green or Yellow), you'll be punished as follows.

    1st Dodge: Warning (No punishment)

    2nd Dodge: 30 second queue punishment.

    3rd Dodge: 1 minute queue punishment.

    Any dodges after the 3rd one will be a consistent 1 minute queue punishment.


    Escalations will reset every day.

  • @NMCKE said:

    Honestly, DCing and dodging need a queue penalty since it both of them prevents either side from having an actual game. I can argue why dodging needs a queue punishment as well, just @ me and I'll be happy to discuss why.

    If you DC whenever there are 4 survivors in the game, you'll be punished as follows.

    1st DC: Warning (No punishment)

    2nd DC: 5 minute queue punishment.

    3rd DC: 15 minute queue punishment.

    Any DCs after the 3rd one will be a consistent 15 minute queue punishment.

    If you dodge a lobby when there's good ping (Green or Yellow), you'll be punished as follows.

    1st Dodge: Warning (No punishment)

    2nd Dodge: 30 second queue punishment.

    3rd Dodge: 1 minute queue punishment.

    If dodging gets punished say goodbye to your game unless the devs finally decide the direction they want to go with, i.e either balancing for SWF or nerfing SWF accordingly.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390411#Comment_390411

    If dodging gets punished say goodbye to your game unless the devs finally decide the direction they want to go with, i.e either balancing for SWF or nerfing SWF accordingly.

    @MhhBurgers SWF needs its own queue whenever cross play capability hits Dead by Daylight. However, I'm talking about dodging because you're scared of two med-kits, flashlights, toolboxes and etc... If it was the other way around with survivors seeing what killer and add-ons you're using (Item basically), it wouldn't be fun to wait hours for to play a game. DCing and dodging have one thing in common, it wastes everyone's time.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390417#Comment_390417

    @MhhBurgers SWF needs its own queue whenever cross play capability hits Dead by Daylight. However, I'm talking about dodging because you're scared of two med-kits, flashlights, toolboxes and etc... If it was the other way around with survivors seeing what killer and add-ons you're using (Item basically), it wouldn't be fun to wait hours for to play a game. DCing and dodging have one thing in common, it wastes everyone's time.

    SWF having a seperate que and ranked being solo only is exactly what I think the game needs as well and is the best solution for the swf problem imo.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390417#Comment_390417

    @MhhBurgers SWF needs its own queue whenever cross play capability hits Dead by Daylight. However, I'm talking about dodging because you're scared of two med-kits, flashlights, toolboxes and etc... If it was the other way around with survivors seeing what killer and add-ons you're using (Item basically), it wouldn't be fun to wait hours for to play a game. DCing and dodging have one thing in common, it wastes everyone's time.

    SWF it's own queue=SWF is dead, I'd rather they buff killers in general, gave survivors some quality of life buffs and buffed killer acceleration on loops, gave directions to gens on the game and lerys, made the way to big maps smaller, nerfed nurse, nerfed ridiculous loops like Strode House or Penn Asylum mainbuilding, gave survivors more pallets again to accomodate for the loopnerf, nerfed selfcare but buffed healing by other survivors again, buffed autodidact to give more skillchecks to counter hard anti heal builds, nerfed frank's mixtape to ultra-rare, reworked toolboxes, no more instaheals and there, fixed big parts of the game for ya.


    Oh yeah and close the hatch once 1 survivor leaves through the gate+reveal survivors who don't do anything in endgame after X minutes after the gates are open.

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385934#Comment_385934

    Why?

    Corn illness is a known disease. Its up to the devs to fix that. And btw, if the game decides to put me 3 times in a row on corn, I will DC aswell =)

    Survivors taught me that there are no DC penalties, so who cares

    Wow, your just as bad.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390411#Comment_390411

    If dodging gets punished say goodbye to your game unless the devs finally decide the direction they want to go with, i.e either balancing for SWF or nerfing SWF accordingly.

    This. I'm not gonna play 4 lunchboxes, the gens already go fast enough. Why even let that match start if I know I won't get to play?

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390417#Comment_390417

    This. I'm not gonna play 4 lunchboxes, the gens already go fast enough. Why even let that match start if I know I won't get to play?

    I play almost everything, occasionally I'll DC on a sweaty SWF that burned haddonfield after hitting all their stuff with frank's but I can absolutely understand killers that dodge there.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390437#Comment_390437

    I play almost everything, occasionally I'll DC on a sweaty SWF that burned haddonfield after hitting all their stuff with frank's but I can absolutely understand killers that dodge there.

    I do my best to avoid dodging/dc, but I don't judge people for leaving an unplayable match. I do mean unplayable, not someone dcing cuz they got found and went down early lol.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390448#Comment_390448

    I do my best to avoid dodging/dc, but I don't judge people for leaving an unplayable match. I do mean unplayable, not someone dcing cuz they got found and went down early lol.

    4 toolboxes+Coldwind offering is literally unplayable unless you're nurse. even if survivors BURN through pallets you won't be able to stop the genrush.

  • @n3on said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390375#Comment_390375

    Re-spawning pallets would be fair. I mean they have Re-spawning hooks.

    That's not even comparable, hooks don't hinder survivor's progression. Currently respawning pallets would make probably all killerplayers rank1-5 quit the game except for some diehard fanboys or ppl who play this as a job.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390467#Comment_390467

    4 toolboxes+Coldwind offering is literally unplayable unless you're nurse. even if survivors BURN through pallets you won't be able to stop the genrush.

    I'd say slug, but that kinda got hard nerfed. You pretty much lose. It's funny cuz survivors complain about boring games, or games going too fast, but then you spin around and see them DC the minute something goes wrong. They all straddle the same 8 perks, all basically second chances. Won't see anyone swap to say, No Mither to put some fear into your game to really get you to learn how to play.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390411#Comment_390411

    If dodging gets punished say goodbye to your game unless the devs finally decide the direction they want to go with, i.e either balancing for SWF or nerfing SWF accordingly.

    Killers should not cherrypick their games. Just accept that you cannot win every game.

    Also, nobody will face SWF only.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390417#Comment_390417

    Killers should not cherrypick their games. Just accept that you cannot win every game.

    Also, nobody will face SWF only.

    It's not about winning or losing, it's about straight up not being able to play. Hell I had a group of buddies hold a game hostage for 40m just cuz they could. That's not even bannable cuz, "They're surviving, just push them out." They hid in bushes on Yamaoka just to ######### with some poor LF.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390587#Comment_390587

    It's not about winning or losing, it's about straight up not being able to play. Hell I had a group of buddies hold a game hostage for 40m just cuz they could. That's not even bannable cuz, "They're surviving, just push them out." They hid in bushes on Yamaoka just to ######### with some poor LF.

    If they are all at the Exit Gate, yeah, you can push them out. If they are not, nothing can be done about that. And yes, there need to be an option for a Killer to Give Up, once the Gates are open.

    But, what you described can also happen with Solos. Even easier than SWF, because if a SWF group decides to take the game hostage, there are more people in the game so the odds are better (even though not really good) to find one of those and maybe get some profit out of their altruism.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390589#Comment_390589

    If they are all at the Exit Gate, yeah, you can push them out. If they are not, nothing can be done about that. And yes, there need to be an option for a Killer to Give Up, once the Gates are open.

    But, what you described can also happen with Solos. Even easier than SWF, because if a SWF group decides to take the game hostage, there are more people in the game so the odds are better (even though not really good) to find one of those and maybe get some profit out of their altruism.

    I don't mind SWF. I get it's a broken mechanic, but it's a necessary evil. What people seem to dismiss is solos, cuz everyone cries how hard it is. Solos are worse than SWFs, cuz they'll let people die to do gens. They'll let you die first hook for the hatch. A coordinated group of solos is arguably worse. Also, every god damn buff to solos, MAKES SWF STRONGER, yet people keep screaming to buff solos cuz they had a bad game, and that's just not allowed. Survivors are simply not allowed to lose.

    Also, no one stays at the exit gate. They ######### around in the map, stay near safe loops to try and cheese some points, then teabag, leave, and talk ######### like they didn't all just burn for Haddonfield and bring Balanced Landing, never leaving Myer's house.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390593#Comment_390593

    I don't mind SWF. I get it's a broken mechanic, but it's a necessary evil. What people seem to dismiss is solos, cuz everyone cries how hard it is. Solos are worse than SWFs, cuz they'll let people die to do gens. They'll let you die first hook for the hatch. A coordinated group of solos is arguably worse. Also, every god damn buff to solos, MAKES SWF STRONGER, yet people keep screaming to buff solos cuz they had a bad game, and that's just not allowed. Survivors are simply not allowed to lose.

    Also, no one stays at the exit gate. They ######### around in the map, stay near safe loops to try and cheese some points, then teabag, leave, and talk ######### like they didn't all just burn for Haddonfield and bring Balanced Landing, never leaving Myer's house.

    I enjoy playing Solo. Even though, playing Solo is simply RNG, you can get 3 Potatoes, or 3 decent Teammates. But thats how it is with Multiplayergames, I am just used to it. And even if the other 3 persons were SWF, they did not leave me on the hook.

    Of course I enjoy SWF more (2 man SWF, I only have one friend playing DBD), because then I know that there is someone who is reliabe (and chatting during playing this game is nice). e.g. you simply get not healed by others when you have one of Pigs RBT on your head. The odds of one of those popping are much lower than getting chased by the Killer again and go down because being a Onehit...

    And well, when it comes to Buffs, some things like a Totem Counter would only benefit Solos. A 4 man SWF would not need that, but for Solos (and even the Killer) it would be useful.

    Also, this Buffing goes in both directions. Buffs to Killers (or changes/Nerfs to Survivors) affect all Killers. And when you Buff Killers like Trapper, Clown or Doctor with something, Nurse, Spirit and Billy also get buffed, as long as you dont buff specific Add-Ons or Killer Abilities (which needs to happen).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390605#Comment_390605

    I enjoy playing Solo. Even though, playing Solo is simply RNG, you can get 3 Potatoes, or 3 decent Teammates. But thats how it is with Multiplayergames, I am just used to it. And even if the other 3 persons were SWF, they did not leave me on the hook.

    Of course I enjoy SWF more (2 man SWF, I only have one friend playing DBD), because then I know that there is someone who is reliabe (and chatting during playing this game is nice). e.g. you simply get not healed by others when you have one of Pigs RBT on your head. The odds of one of those popping are much lower than getting chased by the Killer again and go down because being a Onehit...

    And well, when it comes to Buffs, some things like a Totem Counter would only benefit Solos. A 4 man SWF would not need that, but for Solos (and even the Killer) it would be useful.

    Also, this Buffing goes in both directions. Buffs to Killers (or changes/Nerfs to Survivors) affect all Killers. And when you Buff Killers like Trapper, Clown or Doctor with something, Nurse, Spirit and Billy also get buffed, as long as you dont buff specific Add-Ons or Killer Abilities (which needs to happen).

    Stop. Letting. The. Game. Play. For. You. This is why DBD isn't scary. The entire survivor experience is a rollercoaster with the devs holding your hands the entire way. Survivors don't even blame bad teams for ######### games, they blame the killers. My team were full on potatoes? That killer was an ######### for playing so sweaty. A totem counter? Really? Keep an eye out for broken/unbroken totems and count them.

    You'll probably walk the entire map at least twice, probably more doing gens, getting chased, and avoiding the killer. Your totem counter logic is also flawed. How does that only help solos? Now SWF don't even have to announce they broke a totem, the game just tells you. Hell the notification system is what makes Huntress Lullaby utterly worthless, why Devour Hope is easily dealt with, why Ruin is easily dealt with, etc, etc. The game says, "HEY THERE'S A FREE 1000 BOLD SOMEWHERE AND YOU CAN DROP THE KILLER TO ONLY 3 PERKS ALL GAME!"

    I like playing solo with No Mither. I play SWF with No Mither cuz then it's actually a challenge. I make a mistake I actually get punished for it.

1 2 3