The DC Epidemic

@not_Queen @Peanits @PatriciaThis has really gotten out of hand. I know yall are waiting until dedicated servers to crack down a little harder, but I literally can't get a game without a DC. 12 games in a row, all with DC's on their first down before I can even hook them. Maybe instead of strictor ban penalties you just add a game joining penalty similar to other games, ie if you DC you get a 10-15min wait before you can que again. The penalties aren't high enough so it's being abused heavily.

Note that I am not talking about the DC's going into the game because of the infinite loading screen bug. These are intentional DC's as soon as they get caught.

Comments

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/390423#Comment_390423

    SWF it's own queue=SWF is dead, I'd rather they buff killers in general, gave survivors some quality of life buffs and buffed killer acceleration on loops, gave directions to gens on the game and lerys, made the way to big maps smaller, nerfed nurse, nerfed ridiculous loops like Strode House or Penn Asylum mainbuilding, gave survivors more pallets again to accomodate for the loopnerf, nerfed selfcare but buffed healing by other survivors again, buffed autodidact to give more skillchecks to counter hard anti heal builds, nerfed frank's mixtape to ultra-rare, reworked toolboxes, no more instaheals and there, fixed big parts of the game for ya.

    Oh yeah and close the hatch once 1 survivor leaves through the gate+reveal survivors who don't do anything in endgame after X minutes after the gates are open.

    @MhhBurgers

    If we had cross platform capability then the queues for SWF wouldn't be dead since we have everyone on one batch to play. Now, about killers, they are really strong as it is which means we don't need a buff them to Nurse level, just Spirit level. I feel like if killers have more time such as reworking the survivors objective system then they would be perfectly fine in my opinion. Sometimes it's not the killers fault that they are weak, it's usually other variables that make them weak such as perks, generators, and metas, ya know?

  • I'll like to elaborate, cannot wait for dedicated servers since DCing will be in its rightful place, the history books.


    "The DC Epidemic"

    2016-2019

  • @Squaty said:

    Keep in mind there is also a bug since the update that forces some users to DC. I have this bug. I had to quit playing cause I can't finish a single match without getting disconnected. There are quite a few of us that have this. I submitted a ticket a few days ago. Hopefully it's fixed soon since I do miss playing this.

    It would appear I have this bug too :(

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384610#Comment_384610

    It's hilarious. The Killers cried and cried for Survivor nerfs. Survivors were never the issue, it was SWF that was the issue. Now Survivors are truly a chore to play.

    I honestly don't blame purposeful Survivor DCs. A little more than half of Killer players take the game too seriously and just make it entirely unfun for Survivors. Whether it's meme add-ons like Prayer Beads Bracelet or Iri Button or Coxcombed Clapper or Omega Blinks... Players shouldn't have to endure an unfun time just cuz ONE out of FIVE players wants to be ridiculous and use balance tilting add-ons.

    Add that the Supernatural killers are getting more and OP with their basekit... I'm not surprised (Spirit/Priestess/etc)

    You need to keep in mind most of these thoughts come from the bigger streamers calling survivors OP but if you notice they NEVER play solo, always with a SWF group. So of course with coms etc survivors are OP.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384678#Comment_384678

    You need to keep in mind most of these thoughts come from the bigger streamers calling survivors OP but if you notice they NEVER play solo, always with a SWF group. So of course with coms etc survivors are OP.

    Uh, no, that's just wrong lol. Most streamers are survivor mains, and many of them play solo. Also, SWF isn't scary. Coordinated solos are because at least a SWF will try to be altruistic. II'm a killer main that still pips ######### around with No Mither, but you right. Survivor is hard. It couldn't be y'all getting your hands held constantly so no one really learns or gets better or anything. Of course a bad team means killers are just op too.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395420#Comment_395420

    Uh, no, that's just wrong lol. Most streamers are survivor mains, and many of them play solo. Also, SWF isn't scary. Coordinated solos are because at least a SWF will try to be altruistic. II'm a killer main that still pips ######### around with No Mither, but you right. Survivor is hard. It couldn't be y'all getting your hands held constantly so no one really learns or gets better or anything. Of course a bad team means killers are just op too.

    We get it, you think no mither is hard. To bad the perk is absolutely useless with 0 reward for using it. Try again.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395423#Comment_395423

    We get it, you think no mither is hard. To bad the perk is absolutely useless with 0 reward for using it. Try again.

    Re-read what I said bud. No Mither isn't hard. I run it cuz I want a challenge, and it improves my gameplay cuz I have an actual risk from not running 4 second chance perks. No Mither+Resil actually gives you a decent boost overall. It's 9% for EVERYTHING YOU DO. Not just gens, it's vaults, totems, healing, gates, chests, sabo, etc. All 9% faster. +I don't bleed, I'm pretty quiet. So it's a decent stealth perk.

    The reward is you get ######### good instead of the game holding your hand while you cry about deserving to win for existing.

  • dang, I feel for ya. Still no fix, hopefully soon. I want to get back to being able to play.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395454#Comment_395454

    Re-read what I said bud. No Mither isn't hard. I run it cuz I want a challenge, and it improves my gameplay cuz I have an actual risk from not running 4 second chance perks. No Mither+Resil actually gives you a decent boost overall. It's 9% for EVERYTHING YOU DO. Not just gens, it's vaults, totems, healing, gates, chests, sabo, etc. All 9% faster. +I don't bleed, I'm pretty quiet. So it's a decent stealth perk.

    The reward is you get ######### good instead of the game holding your hand while you cry about deserving to win for existing.

    Bad perk. Move along killer main.

  • Sorry you don't get enough attention in your life. Hope things get better friendo.

  • I play survivor and killer about equally, but even I've noticed that the last two weeks have probably been the worst I've ever had in DBD as both. With killer, my lobbies fill up so slowly (R3 atm) that I have no desire to play it, as I'm waiting like 15 minutes or more for a match (whether or not every player connects or stays is another issue entirely). As a survivor, my games come lightning fast, but the quality of my matches/teammates has gotten drastically worse compared to what I'm used to.

    I'm one of those guys that tries to 'power through' the difficulty, even in its current state, but even I've gotten frustrated with it to the point where I've disconnected a couple times. It's really awful right now, especially since I'd usually play a match through to its conclusion, regardless of the situation. Recently however, it's gotten so bad that the game has squeezed some dc's out of me, something that it had rarely, -rarely- done prior. I can't explain it, but somehow this game is becoming less and less fun over time, and it's impacting my desire to stick with it.

    Yes, I know disconnecting is selfish and not cool, I acknowledge that. However, when you consistently get games where your teammates cannot even do two gens in three to four minutes without ruin, let alone with... yeah. Or when you do three and a half gens UNDER ruin and everyone but you escapes after you spend some time leading the killer around. It's.. just the worst.

  • @NMCKE said:

    I'll like to elaborate, cannot wait for dedicated servers since DCing will be in its rightful place, the history books.

    "The DC Epidemic"

    2016-2019

    Agreed. Unfortunately it looks like we've still got 3-5 months before then.

  • This is exciting to see. His design is just broken fundamentally and needs quite the rework. I wonder if we'll get a PTB or if it's just gonna be rolled out like Ash.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/396180#Comment_396180

    This is exciting to see. His design is just broken fundamentally and needs quite the rework. I wonder if we'll get a PTB or if it's just gonna be rolled out like Ash.

    As much as I hate Legion, I want my Freddy rework first. THEY PROMISED HE WAS NEXT!

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/397073#Comment_397073

    As much as I hate Legion, I want my Freddy rework first. THEY PROMISED HE WAS NEXT!

    I can get behind that

  • I feel like survivors and killers should get some sort of compensation whenever someone DCs. Like maybe the killer gets his BBQ stack and the survivors get a 50% action boost or a generator automatically completes itself.


    I know some of my suggestions are just bad ideas but at least gives us some compensation or else what's the point in fighting a losing battle? What's the point in playing a game that you already know that you're going to win?

  • @NMCKE said:

    I feel like survivors and killers should get some sort of compensation whenever someone DCs. Like maybe the killer gets his BBQ stack and the survivors get a 50% action boost or a generator automatically completes itself.

    I know some of my suggestions are just bad ideas but at least gives us some compensation or else what's the point in fighting a losing battle? What's the point in playing a game that you already know that you're going to win?

    It needs something that's for sure. I'd rather them just fix the DC problem itself instead of a compensation. Then it would be rare enough that it happens to not really care much.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/397645#Comment_397645

    It needs something that's for sure. I'd rather them just fix the DC problem itself instead of a compensation. Then it would be rare enough that it happens to not really care much.

    Perhaps we could have punishment queues that increase with every DC such as:

    1 min/5 min/15 min/30 min/1 hour

    The escalations will reset itself every day or week.


    About the compensation, I don't mind the developers add that in with DC queue punishments since if someone was to DC, it gives both sides a chance to keep going. However, yeah I agree, we should prevent DCing from happening in the first place.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401657#Comment_401657

    Perhaps we could have punishment queues that increase with every DC such as:

    1 min/5 min/15 min/30 min/1 hour

    The escalations will reset itself every day or week.

    About the compensation, I don't mind the developers add that in with DC queue punishments since if someone was to DC, it gives both sides a chance to keep going. However, yeah I agree, we should prevent DCing from happening in the first place.

    This is actually the exact solution I was recommending as well. An escalating wait penalty before you could re que. This is in addition to the actual larger system of banning people for excessive use over long duration's as well.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401754#Comment_401754

    This is actually the exact solution I was recommending as well. An escalating wait penalty before you could re que. This is in addition to the actual larger system of banning people for excessive use over long duration's as well.

    Yeah I've been saying this for weeks. Everyone turns it into an arguement of "what about accidental dcs" and it falls apart.

    It works in R6, LoL, Rocket League.

    Why not at least try it here. The only ones that would leave on its TESTING are the ones who abuse it anyway.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401754#Comment_401754

    This is actually the exact solution I was recommending as well. An escalating wait penalty before you could re que. This is in addition to the actual larger system of banning people for excessive use over long duration's as well.

    Just thought about a genius idea, what if DCing also caused you to receive 50% less shards and BP?


    Perhaps after DCing 3 times within a 24 hour period could cause you to suffer the penalty for the remainder of the day. Would that be enough assuming we add queue penalties as well?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401761#Comment_401761

    Yeah I've been saying this for weeks. Everyone turns it into an arguement of "what about accidental dcs" and it falls apart.

    It works in R6, LoL, Rocket League.

    Why not at least try it here. The only ones that would leave on its TESTING are the ones who abuse it anyway.

    Yeah the system we are describing is used in almost every other game and works very well. There are the "bug" DC's at the load screen but those aren't the ones we're referring to. Most of the DC's are intentional ones that happen as soon as they get downed.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401761#Comment_401761

    Just thought about a genius idea, what if DCing also caused you to receive 50% less shards and BP?

    Perhaps after DCing 3 times within a 24 hour period could cause you to suffer the penalty for the remainder of the day. Would that be enough assuming we add queue penalties as well?

    I'd prefer the wait times. People that plug pull don't care about BP's or Shards. That wouldn't bother them I believe.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401765#Comment_401765

    I'd prefer the wait times. People that plug pull don't care about BP's or Shards. That wouldn't bother them I believe.

    @Blueberry

    We could do longer wait times plus decreasing how much bloodpoints and shards they receive over an X amount of time.

  • @NMCKE said:

    DCing because you made a mistake is just childish, seriously to the ones who do this, grow up. Like I cannot wait for dedicated servers for this reason because there is a possibility that BHVR will punish DCers after dedicated servers.

    1554281719596546.gif?1554281731


    Did a mistake hell yeah

  • I don't see people DCing THAT often from being caught first. Normally only Solo players DC, and there is so much more frustration playing Solo than it does SWF or Killer because of the crap that they deal with. I got paired with a group of 15s and 20s against a rank 2 nurse, me being at rank 6. All solo. Guess which 3 people DC'd and I depipped.

    What I do see almost every game, are people DCing when the killer immediately tunnels off the hook despite seeing another survivor or even 2. If they didn't earn anything except being hooked, farmed and tunneled, I really don't expect them to stay.

    Then I see killers DCing because they're getting looped to death because they refuse to break chase. A wait time is fine. Just remember, if you ban everyone killers won't have players to play against. Bans and huge wait times will destroy the game. Its a double edged sword, so swing it carefully.

    You will not be able to fix the "DC issue" from the Rage quit perspective. If anything, Killers should be getting DC bonuses that are much higher than what they currently are and survivors staying should get the same. It makes 0 sense to make everyone Depip because people DC mid game for whatever reason, not just rage quitting. This game is extremely tilted once someone DCs and there are no gens done unless they're SWF and/or extremely coordinated.

  • @ShirtlessDwight

    I can understand if you DC over that but you still shouldn't do it if you can help it. I think I DC'd once before because I was really mad at how bad this one killer's PING. It was literally unplayable.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @jackmadrox said:

    Yeah, I just came back to DBD after a short break. Last night, I played for a few hours, and realized that the DC is happening way more often than I remember. Mostly it was after I had downed a survivor.

    I really don't understand why survivors DC at their first down when they have 3 lives on the hook. You would think they DC when they lost all of their lives, but my guess is they don't want to play a game that they are already losing. Still isn't an excuse tho, just trying to speculate on why they DC so early.

  • @not_Queen

    Holy moly, every game that I played ever since I got back home has a DC in it. This is getting out of control, is there any ideas on how to handle this because playing survivor is literally a death wish for me! I know you'll crack down on DCs after dedicated servers but I really want to know HOW you'll do that! You don't have to be specific either, just something to let me and the community know that you are already planning a new system!

  • Bump for keeping this alive as the issue is still a massive problem and hasn't been addressed yet.

  • Another 10 games in a row this morning with 2-4 DC's in EVERY single game. I've stopped using my blood point offerings as they're just getting wasted. This is out of control. I can't get a single normal match. This is also DC's on their first down before even getting hooked.

1 2 3 ›