Shame on Devs for no licensed killer

I can not believe out of 4 releases this year they did not include a Licensed killer. The whole reason that this game has this big of a fan base is because they have the Licensed killers and for them not to carry that on every year is lame. you can't tell me that once you all found out that Freddy or Michael was in the game that you didn't get excited to play them? and For me once I found out Freddy was in the game I then knew I was getting the game no matter what you all feel on his game play. which brings up the other point of them promising for over a year they would fix Freddy and don't.

Don't get me wrong I love this game and will continue to play it even though I am upset. I just wish the DEVS Would realize what they created and not shy away from the responsibilities that they created when they brought in multiple licensed killers from the start.

P.S. FREE PINHEAD!!!

Comments

  • @RabidWabbitz said:

    @JoannaVO

    LOL I must be boring huh? You act like I am the only one that wants Licensed killers when in fact there are way more than you think. Also you act like we knew exactly what the powers of a licensed killer would be. you can't tell me that you knew how it would react or the addons or anything really. lol you are funny my friend. and once again I am not attacking anyone that likes original killers. I like them also I just am requesting that they offer licensed with originals and equal distribution so to speak.

    I'm not trying to attack you either. Neither am I trying to be funny here. I just think seeing something never seen before, for which they can also add any cosmetic they want whenever they want because they're the owners is much better.

  • @Okapi said:

    Don't worry OP, I'm sure will get one or two licensed killer(s) out of the 3 more killers to be released later this year. The devs talked/teased about Pennywise for one thing.

    Last year Behaviour wanted to prioritize original killers because they allow more creative freedom to design their gameplay, come with no licensing fees, and best of all the devs can earn loads of money off of continuous cosmetics releases.

    When did they tease pennywise?!?! Im just curious and wanna see for myself

  • I love how you think it must be SO easy to implement one

  • Just give me Ghostface and Sidney P. as a Scream DLC and that's the only licensed chapter I need.

  • @TheRealHansGruber said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348025#Comment_348025

    When did they tease pennywise?!?! Im just curious and wanna see for myself

    @Okapi ? im curious too

  • They literally said at the start of release their own stuff, without being influenced by StarBreeze, that they would do 4 original killers first. What do you want?

  • Honestly...I'm surprised there was no Stranger Things tie-in when the show released and blew up to be as huge as it was.

    Demigorgon killer and Sheriff Hopper survivor? Sign me the hell up

  • To a few people who talked about Pennywise ;

    Why would they add a unoriginal clown that will cost them loads of money with license and stuff when they have their own clown? :?

  • @JoannaVO said:

    To a few people who talked about Pennywise ;

    Why would they add a unoriginal clown that will cost them loads of money with license and stuff when they have their own clown? :?

    They already did that with Leatherface.

  • Too expensive for a licensed killer and it's a vigorous task, don't bet on it, original is better and we already have plenty.

  • @TerminatorGuy said:

    Just give me Ghostface and Sidney P. as a Scream DLC and that's the only licensed chapter I need.

    This is all I've wanted since they started adding licensed killers.

  • Leatherface? Who is he similar too?

    If you mean Hillbilly, then no, both might have a chainsaw but is used completely different.

  • @JoannaVO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/361968#Comment_361968

    Leatherface? Who is he similar too?

    If you mean Hillbilly, then no, both might have a chainsaw but is used completely different.

    They're still similar characters. Just because we want Pennywise as a licensed DLC killer, doesn't mean that Pennywise would throw bottles of gas at survivors.

  • @Incirion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/363531#Comment_363531

    They're still similar characters. Just because we want Pennywise as a licensed DLC killer, doesn't mean that Pennywise would throw bottles of gas at survivors.

    But Pennywise, according to the lore, is more akin to the Entity than it is to a killer.

  • I cant too cannot believe that we haven't gotten a licensed killer in 2018 too. We even some iconic killers since our last licensed killer too! Like Pennywise, Baby-face, Slenderman ( the movie was terrible though) The Strangers, The Nun, and a lot of other killers/monsters too! It's truly a shame but maybe it's just really expensive or something. IDK

  • @JoannaVO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/361968#Comment_361968

    Leatherface? Who is he similar too?

    If you mean Hillbilly, then no, both might have a chainsaw but is used completely different.

    That could be the similarities to the clown and pennywise also. you don't know so lets wait and see what they do. I just hope they continue the course of Licensed killers is all I am saying and they should have done one this last time.

  • @Hag_Main_Big_Brain

    I am really bummed also, finally someone that feels the way I do! I know there are more that aren't talking but there really should be 1 licensed per year no matter what. Shame is right! they have made so much money off of this game I am sure they can use some of it towards a old used up licensed killer, or a new used up killer so to speak like you stated of movies that sucked.

  • @RabidWabbitz said:

    @Divinitye9 I actually feel personally that they could do both if properly managed. As far as the dedicated servers, you buy them, put the game on them, and make them live so not sure why that is taking so long.

    I am not an expert on coding games or anywhere near that, but nothing with technology is ever that simple. Creating servers to host a game is more than just your plug and play mentality. This game was not originally designed with dedicated servers, only peer to peer connection. Servers have to be purchased, housed in appropriate locations (remember, we are around the world in this game), and the software must jive with the servers and those who connect with them.

    Purchasing, storage, movement, power usage, bandwidth... the costs are far more than you seem to realize.

    Not to mention having to adjust the game itself to be used on a dedicated server, which costs time and labor.

    I am sure I am wrong on points, as my understanding of the gaming world is beyond my knowledge, but this stuff is fairly common sense.

  • @RabidWabbitz said:

    @Divinitye9 I actually feel personally that they could do both if properly managed. As far as the dedicated servers, you buy them, put the game on them, and make them live so not sure why that is taking so long.

    Do you know how servers actually work?

  • @Divinitye9 @Orion

    I realize that I am obviously over exaggerating this situation. I am familiar with servers and the easiest part of these situations is the location and keeping them cool, you basically need a room that is the size of the amount of servers you get and then install a cooling unit. A lot of the time they are in rooms the size of small bathrooms. I am just saying if they really wanted dedicated servers it could be done fast. but priorities are different for all.

  • @RabidWabbitz said:

    @Divinitye9 @Orion

    I realize that I am obviously over exaggerating this situation. I am familiar with servers and the easiest part of these situations is the location and keeping them cool, you basically need a room that is the size of the amount of servers you get and then install a cooling unit. A lot of the time they are in rooms the size of small bathrooms. I am just saying if they really wanted dedicated servers it could be done fast. but priorities are different for all.

    You could've just said "No, I have absolutely no idea how dedicated servers work". Or even just "No".

  • Truth be told, take some business classes and learn the ins and outs of running one. We don’t know behaviors finances nor their bills. We don’t know any projects they are currently working on aside from the dedicated servers.

    Putting it plainly, your wishes may just not be in the cards because they have tied up money elsewhere.

  • You can't expect them to just get licensed killers out of no-where because #1 they need to pay for the rights, and #2 some people may just not want to sell the rights that isn't in BHVR's control nor is it their fault you can't blame them for that. Plus they have been working on other changes too sometimes they are just to busy to fit something in

  • @Orion

    you're a funny one. lol

  • @KillermainBTWm8

    I have actually talked about this in other comments in this post that you can refer back to.

  • Personally, I hope they continue making only original killers from now on. The license holders can be real ######### and we never are able to get more cosmetics for licensed ones due to the license holders being real #########.

  • Also @RabidWabbitz it is insanely expensive to get licensed killers and the devs make less money for them and have to charge more. Also dedicated servers for a playerbase this huge would be incredibly expensive and the whole netcode of the game needs to be rewritten to implement them. You make it sound like money grows om trees and the devs can just write that code in an afternoon

  • I can not believe out of 4 releases this year they did not include a Licensed killer.

    So what you are trying to say is that the devs are forced to add licensed Killers which cost them quite a lot of money and will restrict their freedom of design while litterly the most fun and best designed characters are their own.

    Stop being so entitled, say thanks for once like holy ######### this actually gets my blood boiling. The devs do not owe us ######### they put out as much effort as possible to make DbD fairly fun (with some exceptions).

  • "I can not believe out of 4 releases this year they did not include a Licensed killer. The whole reason that this game has this big of a fan base is because they have the Licensed killers"

    That's false, the player base as always been hovering around 14/15k active player

    If any player gain happened thx to licensed dlc they have lost the same ammount of player that they gainned with them

    The only moment when dbd get a spike in activity coincide with free to play weekends

  • Also the biggest drop in average player happened in the following month of the Halloween chapter where the game almost lost 10 k average player in 4 month

  • Someone's gettin' fired.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    Someone's gettin' fired.

    You bet your ass someone is. 😆

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/50029/shame-on-devs-for-no-licensed-killer

    Not gonna lie....the fact that this game has some of the most iconic horror killers to ever touch a big screen is nothing short of amazing and separates it from all other games that try to copy the style. And to be honest with the success this game has, the the titanic fan base that it has, they should monopolize on that concept by adding more. There's literally nothing else like it on the market. And while their unique killers are great.....theres just something extra special about knowing Amanda, Michael myers, Leatherface, and Freddy Kruger could exist in 1 game is nothing short of remarkable. Just imagine if there were more! Ghostface, The Nun, Chucky, Pinhead, The Grudge, IT the clown, Pumpkinhead, Creature from the black lagoon, I mean the list could go on for hours but theres a plethora of iconic movie monsters to pick from. ######### if I was some horror movie director it'd be a huge honor to have my character in this game, that means that your movie stands concrete for generations to come as one of the most iconic horror villains of all time! Imagine that....Michael Myers right now has more clout than his rival Jason Vorhees. Amanda Young and the legacy of Jigsaw can never be forgotten. Leatherface is no longer just some old slasher horror that you can just forget about, he is an Icon now, cemented in this player base and transcending generational movie barriers! And no matter how critical reviewers were of the last Freddy movie, this game still stands as one of the best ways to get behind the wheel of freddy and do the carnage from his view. (Although, I am hoping the skill rework expands upon his concepts in the dream world even more, him shapeshifting or suddenly having arms as long as a bus in the dream world are really iconic to his powers)

    ?? Leatherface has always been an icon, DBD didn't make him one. I literally have a t-shirt with Leatherface's silhouette on it, in his iconic, chainsaw over the head pose.

  • My wild guess… they already worked on GHOSTFACE and then they did not get the Licence for him.

    So they used everything they already made and created the LEGION from it.

  • All of thr killers mentioned would clash with the DbD lore or aesthetics really bad. Honestly those would all be terrible ideas to add.

  • Apparently you're going to be happy a confirmed leak from the console version on the game prove that a Evil Dead dlc is in the work


    https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveTransparentRabbitPeteZarollTie

  • @Hag_Main_Big_Brain said:

    I cant too cannot believe that we haven't gotten a licensed killer in 2018 too. We even some iconic killers since our last licensed killer too! Like Pennywise, Baby-face, Slenderman ( the movie was terrible though) The Strangers, The Nun, and a lot of other killers/monsters too! It's truly a shame but maybe it's just really expensive or something. IDK

    @Hag_Main_Big_Brain there was a licensed dlc character in 2018 the saw chapter

1 2 ›