Stop lobby dodging
Why is it whenever 2 or more survivors run med-kits, keys, maps, or tool-boxes killers leave?
Do you guys expect me not to use an item that helps me? It's like lobby dodging killers because they're using a good addon.
I get flash-lights to a degree...but Lightborn exists for a reason.
Comments
Billy time, carb tuning + shop lube, bbq, bitter murmur + sloppy b + MYC. Ebony mori.
I reap salt afterwards.
Stop coming onto the forums thinking that telling a group of people what to do will get them too stop. They bought the game with their own money, let them do what they want with it.
The only time I dodge lobbies is for 3 reasons. A full swf team of camo Squadettes, 4 flashlights and last but not least they bring a coldwind offering. I refuse to play on rotten fields. Not only is that the worst map in the game, I can't stand listening to the rustling of the corn for 15 minutes in my headphones. Not finding ######### even if I'm right on them. For items I'll bring Franklins and watch them try so hard to get their beloved item back. ######### flashlights though. Won't even bother with them and just click that sweet sweet cancel button.
This also applies to survivors, survivors who DC over the killer's add-ons and offerings is also childish. Seriously, y'all need to grow up and understand that not every game is gonna be an easy one.
+Respect for attempting
These stupid "rules" crybabies make up in their heads and expect people to follow.
That kind of attitude will totally give to peoples the will to play against you.
Causes and effects.
You aren't forced to play the killers way. You can leave the lobby or find a new one at anytime and so can the killer.
My personal experience, the question is not about dodging but, to Bubba or not to Bubba?
Know what's Childish? Being an adult and wasting your time in something where you're not having fun.
It's the devs job to fix that ppl are dodging because at times the game will be absolute garbage.
Stop lobby dodging? How about stop disconnecting mid-game instead? It's irritating as ######### that there's 1-2 DCs every game.
Why do killers dodge items/add-ons? Because they are heavily unbalanced.
Playing survivor is easy, items aren't needed. If you want to increase your chances in not getting dodged, don't bring items.
I also suggest that you play killer for a while on high rank against 4 SWF groups with keys, insta-heals etc.
It will change your view on a lot of things.
i m fine with 2 toolbox and med-kit however key are kind of f up
and if all of you are using item i will guess your guys are tryhard swf
Until you realize that killers can still just dodge and DC just the way they used to, the only difference is SWF teams won't have to reinvite again.
That's okay, with ded servs usually comes disconnect penalties in games like these. We'll see how much you dodge when you can get banned for it
Did you just compare lobby dodging with ingame disconnecting?
It doesnt happen every game, so its balanced :sarcastic:
Its almost as if DCing is a bannable offense, but lobby dodging isnt.
Oh wait, that ACTUALLY is the case
Disconnect penalties are already in place and we know that we can disconnect every fourth game. Also dedicated servers won't hide the survivor's loadout, dodging will NEVER be penalized because that would outright kill the game.
So yeah, the only thing that dedicated servers will fix is lagswitchers which I don't do anyways so I don't give a crap about it. Maybe we'll get 8v2 mode some time when ded servers hit tho.
I tired to understand your point since you mentioned "banned for lobby dodging" in the end, while talking about disconnects at first. This made it look like you think Lobby Dodging should actually be bannable, just like disconnecting during the trial.
I should've realized that it was sarcasm as no one would come up with such a ridiculous thing and be honest about it.
Ppl will just quit the game then and the devs know this, this is why lobby dodging will never be banned. Also there's not a single game that I can think of that bans lobbydodging.
so when ded servets make lobby dodging no longer an option (there's no reason too without p2p gameplay), they will make killers DCing a banable offence.
The current disconnect "penalties" isn't punishment but a reward. Players get rewarded for disconnecting. Lets get that right.
I enjoy killers dodging and the posts that keep coming out from it.
I feel one of the biggest reasons why the Devs haven't dealt with dodging is because of the P2P system and killers being able to choose based on PINGs... but that is about it.
Once dedicated servers come out, they won't really be able to allow killers to use this as an excuse for viewing those in your lobby.
I can't wait till when the Devs crack down on it.
They can't even crack down on current DCers and you think they'll crack down on lobbydodgers, that's cute. The game has a relatively small playerbase, a BIG part of this playerbase is either dodging or DCing, the devs know full well that they'd kill their game in the same way as removing SWF would kill it.
Also dedicated servers or not, the devs already see if you dodge and they could already crack down on it if they wanted.
I think with dedicated servers they can "crack" down more on certain things. One being the dodging, for the simple fact the devs will have control on the pings for the lobby. This throws out one of the biggest reasons for allowing killers to dodge the lobbies currently.
Allowing them to see the type of survivor character... items and so on... that might stay until the Devs need to draw a line in the sand.
The big test will be once the new MM comes into play and killers will have an even harder time seeing who SWFs are.
He is what I predict will happen... When the dedicated servers come into play...
Killers will join a lobby just like survivors... They can come and go from the lobby as they please, like a survivor does now.
Killers will only see the character and the items they are carrying. No more profiles. No more being able to see who is friends with who. This will happen to prevent dodging based on SWFs.
Then the devs will see how the lobby dodging goes for killers... If they keep bailing out of a lobby because of the items they see.. or the characters they see.. then killers will stop seeing those.
The only thing killers need to see so they can choose their load out is the items.. and maybe who the characters are... but nothing more. I don't think dodging will be an issue at this point. Once you remove the ability for killers to tell who is SWF or not, that will stop a big part of the dodging.
Those that don't like it, either will adapt, or stop playing. They can stop playing.. since once dedicated servers come out.. There is going to be an explosion in the playerbase, and all those whiners can get lost or grow up and get better.
This is all just my opinion though.
Too many people would rather stomp killers instead of seeing the game balanced.
Nah.. it isn't getting away with forcing killers to do anything. Nothing is forcing a player to play the game.
The issue comes down to how the Developers are going about their "vision" for their game. I don't get the impression the Devs want to treat SWF any different than they are now. I get the impression they are buffing killers to SWF, since they have mentioned this in past streams.
So with that vision idea in mind, ask yourself...
How could the Developer have a lobby system that allows players to filter or exclude SWF groups from their lobby, when it isn't the Developers intentions of allowing players to dodge those groups? How much longer do players think this will continue?
LOL @ thinking that dedicated servers will influence population numbers hugely.
LoL @ thinking that they will nerf killers even further by not making us able to see items.
I can asure you that if Killers won't be able to tell who's SWF anymore, many will stop playing Killer or DbD entirely.
And if dodging is getting punished, good luck finding Killers.
So many hopes, and prayers to the devs to make it impossible to discern SWFs from solos, punishing the killers for dodging, etc.
Even knowing how badly a killer can get mauled. Mauled because the game isn't balanced for a lot of the reasons killers dodge.
Maybe the killer isn't a veteran player, and doesn't have the loadout to face a team of squadettes with items?
People like myself came to this game because it was advertised as 4 solos vs a killer. It's definitely not that anymore.
I don't see the devs buffing killers to face SWFs at all, really.
If that were true, killers would have a more drastic increase in power to cope with the speed of communication, and coordination, imo.
They certainly wouldn't be keen on having killers not be
Pretty sure the Devs said dodging is ok.
If we want lobby dodging to stop, we need better match making. Not hiding SWFs because they generally aim to break match making, but doing more to make sure that the killer is able to cope with the difficulty of the group coming into their lobby.
Some sort of score system where a group is rated, roughly on how well they act as an SWF, their loadout, and so forth.
Likewise killer ratings based on assorted things like loadouts, how well they do vs SWF, etc.
Details should be scarce, or even as hidden as possible.
The killer theirselves should be an unknown element as much as possible as they are supposed to have some advantages because they're the horror element.
By that logic so is dodging.
Ummmm....have you ever even watched a dev stream? They want both killers and survivors to dodge lobbies for whatever reason they want. It is encouraged! They won’t be banning anyone for dodging lobbies, but they do want to know why people dodge. They do however ban for DCing after the lobby counter has reached 0, and switched to the offerings pages.
@TheBean this goes for your comments as well.
True... but... However, I believe there is a limit to what can be considered ok.
Maybe we should be asking BHVR a couple simple questions...
"Does BHVR condone killer players dodging a lobby when that player determines, specifically, that there is a SWF group in the lobby?"
"What information does the Developer actually believe the Killers should use, when determining, if they want to accept the lobby?"
Rather then trying to debate little issues of if something might happen or not... Maybe we need to nail down what the developers actually want Killers to see when determining if they accept the match or not.
Is there a Dev out there that wants to clear this up?
If SWF, somehow, could not use mid trial communication, then we might have far less dodging. Sadly that genie is out of the bottle.
We need to nail down why people dodge.
The root of it all is that the game isn't fair to killers. It just isn't.
It doesn't matter how often it gets bad, and that changes from person to person as perk unlocking actually varies from killer to killer.
It's like randomly loading several revolvers, handing them to several people, and telling them to play solo Russian roulette. Maybe being nice enough to let them pick what bullets they get to use.
Some will be luckier than others.
It can happen, and it probably shouldn't.
Yes, I know certain situations make it hard for survivors, like purple addons, and moris, but those are supposed to be rare. If people have a lot, it's because they do not use them normally.
Ever play an RPG and say "I'm going to need that health potion later. I won't use it now" and yet you beat the game never using it?
It's sort of like that, but killers are needing those potions in the form of "op" loadouts thanks to the unpredicted consequences of SWF.
Hell, I don't have a killer I like playing with an ebony, or ivory.
If I see 4 toolboxes, or 4 flashlights, the general advice would be one of 4 things.
Run Franklin's. But I don't have that perk. Like at all.
Run lightborn. I only have that on one killer I don't like using. That is out.
Play them anyhow. A crazy idea. No.
Dodge. Ok.
Some would say it's not their problem, but the ripple effects say otherwise.
Will the devs know that there's people looking to obviously bully me, or gen rush me when I dodge and they start handing out punishment?
Not likely.
Considering how often this happens, plus SWFs (I don't out pace rank reset since I don't play as much as I used to), I will be dodging a bit more than most.
The idea, on my end, is to do better with match making.
The rituals sort of have a system going. I don't get asked to do anything with Myers, Freddy, or Bubba because I don't have them bought.
It knows which of my killers have a mori (cypress. Lolz) when it asks for killing by my own hand.
It adjusts to what I have in terms of challenges.
If matchmaking could do the same, we would have less dodging because the killer can be confident they won't be completely buttfucked by the system.
That means less bullying all around, but that's not why people play, is it?
I do... I have also heard they want to move along the lines of buffing killers to SWF and solo survivor to SWF.
Well they allow lobby dodging, and they always will, since you should be able to leave a lobby. However, from some responses I've seen on a few posts by mods, I get the impression the main reason for allowing it.. is because of PINGs. So players can dodge based on pings.
Also... Them allowing to dodge based on items or character... I don't care and that isn't what the current dodging seems to be about. It is to some.. but not all, since there is several reasons as to why.
Then based on the idea, that the Devs are buffing killers to SWF and solo to SWF...
The question I would like to see clarified is... "Do the Developers believe that dodging a lobby is ok when the killer determined that there is a SWF in the lobby, and if it is ok when SWF is the ONLY reason.
And lets stop pretending the DC punishment is actual punishment... Not the temp ban or ban in general.. .But the losing of pips when you DC.
So I ask you...
When the developer determines "why" people dodge and if the developer realizes that the major cause is SWF... What do you think is going to happen?
Well this is what we agree on, and that is why we should be asking the right questions to BHVR.
Correct!... Not likely. There is no way for BHVR to know the true reason why you would dodge a lobby.
So with that said. Do the developers believe, if the killer determines that a SWF group is in their lobby, that this and ONLY this is valid reason to dodge?
If the answer is NO. Then if removing the profile lookup and names from the lobby fixes this, do you think the Devs might do this when dedicated servers come out?
So right now... Lets separate what we are considering reasons.
Dodging for SWF in lobby...
Dodging for certain items in the lobby...
Dodging for bad ping in the lobby...
Dodging for certain characters in the lobby...
Dodging for certain players in the lobby... (i.e. certain streamers)
Then dodging for anything else... (Whatever other reason no listed above)
I'm only talking about 2 major issues that I see when dodging...
Dodging for certain players... i.e... seeing a certain streamer player you don't like playing against.
Dodging for SWF... If the only reason for dodging is SWF.
The other ones I feel are valid.. And what is probably referred to when the Devs say it is ok. (my assumption)
Nailing down what the Devs want the killers to use as valid information for dodging a lobby is important if the discussion is to continue.
Again, that won't be a good thing. Killers will leave the game over non stop bully matches, and the game will die.
Survivors will know what they will be walking into as a killer, and wouldn't touch killer, if they ever would.
We see that kinda nowish. Some survivors cross over to the killer side, and experience the bullshit in person.
No, SWF isn't the only reason people dodge, but I can only really speak for myself.
There's a laundry list of why people dodge, and that list will only get stronger as the game offers less clues.
A variety of items don't bother me. Don't care about immersed Claudette, or much of anything. It's in the game, I consider it fair. Mid trial chat isn't in the game, so I'm gunna avoid that. The main culprit is SWF.
Hell, I wouldn't be too bothered by items if I knew it was 4 solos. I'd take that chance.
But I know there are people who would dodge that.
I'm pretty sure we both know the main, and minor reasons people dodge.
I can see why people would dodge streamers. People may not like being publicly humiliated, or deal with "streamer privilege.
By dodging lobbies until you get one you like or feel comfortable in you are making ranking up too easy. Since ranking up is now too easy (as if it wasn't easy enough) you will quickly reach a high rank with a long wait. This long wait will make dodging lobbies less worthwhile as you will start spending more time in the lobbies than in the actual game.
Whereas I, who haven't dodged, will have good games, and bad games and more bloodpoints than you who chose to dodge. Furthermore, I will eventually get to a rank I belong at and you will simply get so high in rank that dodging becomes meaningless as all games will now be against spooky swfs.
Besides, you can make good banter post game.
Ex: Earlier today I started a lobby and waited for my survivor opponents. When they all joined I saw not one, not two, but three flashlights. I glanced at my perks and found that out of the three flashlight counters I only had Lightborn (and it was tier I.) So I just said to hell with it and had a mediocre game. I didn't get a single kill. Later in the post game chat I told them I had no real good counters to what they were running and just said "The game was rigged from the start."
Was it fun for me? No. Was it fun for them? Probably. Did we all get bloodpoints? Yes.
So regardless of who the survivors are I say play ball and give it your all!