Stop lobby dodging
Why is it whenever 2 or more survivors run med-kits, keys, maps, or tool-boxes killers leave?
Do you guys expect me not to use an item that helps me? It's like lobby dodging killers because they're using a good addon.
I get flash-lights to a degree...but Lightborn exists for a reason.
Comments
You're not going to convince dodgers not to dodge. That's simply not possible. The best you can hope for is that the devs fix the reasons why they dodge. Personally, I don't bring in items and rarely use offerings, but thanks to my teammates, I still get dodged.
There are so many ways to help make items less usable. Nurse's, Coulrophobia, Overwhelming, Franklin's, Lightborn, Ruin, NOED to help with people who Gen-rush...I don't understand.
Six out of the seven perks you mentioned are teachables from six different killers, four of whom are from paid DLCs. The seventh can be disabled before it ever activates. Also, killers, like survivors, only have four perk slots. They can't afford to run every single perk just to counter items. Dodging is easier, so they go with that instead.
It's really simple. Look at the items they have; pick a perk or two to counter them.
You can't complain about someone not having perks when the SOS exists and if the killer doesn't want to level up others; that's their problem. Not the survivors.
Run NOED. It's meant to counter Gen-Rush
Dude, four out of the seven perks you mentioned are only available if you pay for them. No, it's not the survivors' fault, but people are going to do what is easier for them, regardless. You're not going to logic people into not dodging.
They have tools to their disposal to get in a game of their preference and expectations, so they should be able to use them. Just like you have items to your disposal. I say the exact same thing to killers when they complain about SWF. Lobby dodging is fine.
Like @Orion said 4 out of the 7 mentioned perks are paid dlc and if you’re like me and bring small game then you cleanse those totems easily.
Killer see's a match, it dosn't look like they will have fun, it looks like there gonna have a frustrating bully session and they decide to pass. How dare they! shakes fist
Stop stealing McDonald's wifi and sitting in lobby with a 350ms ping. It's not your items. It's definitely not two medkits and I can't recall ever seeing two keys. You might as well prepare for a dodge if there are 4 toolboxes.
Sadly only survivors got their will and can play SWF isntead of lobby dodging to find each other in lobby.
For some reason killers cant enter a solo-only queue though, so they still have to achieve that by lobby dodging,
You dont understand that a killer only has 4 perk slots and needs most of them to fix other core problems of the game
If I have a medkit and think it will help, I'll bring a medkit. If I want to try and go for an epic flashlight save, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Items are in the game and staying. Just like NOED. People need to stop being little whiners about everything and getting pissy because someone uses what is in the game.
Dodge me killers, go ahead. Maybe when you keep taking 20 years to find a match or always suck because you never learn to deal with items, you'll finally stop lobby dodging.
Fun fact:
Its the survivors side having the longer queue times right now
Oh and btw, survivors made up a bunch of made up rules, so why should killers not be allowed to do the same?
Devs need to step in pronto.
I get "pissy" with your attitude because it's not just you being dodged; it's three other survivors.
And no, I've had long wait times as killer too. I find matches faster as killer than survivor on average.
It reminds me of that "don't enviromental kill me" crap in For Honor. It's "dishonorable" to knock someone off a ledge, yet the devs put it there for just that purpose.
Both sides need to stop expecting people to follow these arbitrary rules. Until the devs remove x item or perk, it's in the game and nobody is a POS for using it, despite how you personally feel about it. Lobby dodging is just cheap and a way for bad players to attempt EZ wins.
I only dodge for two reasons: high ping and toxic behavior in a previous trial. I'm talking about when I play survivor and get people like you, who'd rather feel self-righteous than actually play the damn game. Survivors are the ones with ridiculously long queues; not killers. You're just making everyone's queues longer because you're not willing to bite the bullet.
I dont expect anyone to follow my rules, but if they dont follow my rules, then I wont follow their rules, its actualyl really simple
Is that clear enough for you? You're not going to get lobby dodgers to stop dodging items because killers have extremely fast queues. You're not doing anything to help the situation by bringing in items. All you're doing is screwing over other survivors.
It is PART OF THE GAME.
Do you play on PC, by any chance?
Well, then I hope you and I don't play on the same region, just so you don't make me get dodged.
There are also a legitimal and totally fair reason for dodging survivors, the ping.
"Let me farm you, or you don't play at all."
Pretty much sums up the selfish mentality of the few frequent posters here
Toolboxes need a rework/heavy nerfing since the game goes over fast enough as is. I'd be okay with toolboxes increasing the great skillcheck zone mostly and doing stuff like silent repairs etc to help survivors who struggle against stuff like ruin and overcharge. Having up to 25% faster repair speed is ludicrous.
@Kagrenac if you truly want to understand why some killers dodge, try playing nothing but killer for an entire month, and don’t half-ass it. You aren’t accepting the answers that you are being spoon fed, so the only way for you to understand their point-of-view is for you to play killer yourself.
Literally nobody said that, but you do you.
Exactly. That's really what it boils down to. "Make it EZ for me to kill you or I won't play!" Reminds me of those 4 year olds who threaten to hold their breath when they don't get their way
You're the entitled survivor here, if you want the fast 3 min exit game then do that without me. If somebody at my local hobbystore wants to bring some bullshit I also won't play against him because what's the point if I know that I'm gonna lose and not have fun?
I never blame them it's part of the game, I always say accept everything that is part of it within the rules.
I used to be in the EU region (UK) and got instant survivor lobbies, I am now in the US and get the same instant lobbies so how queues are long is beyond me, when was the last post of someone complaining about queue times or is that just a wish?
Killer queues are actually longer for me.
I never dodge as I play the game and dont care if I win or lose, it's game afterall why does it bother people so much and scream unfair constantly, if you dont like the current state don't play.
Yes some items need reworked, games could do with taking longer for a portion of the usebase but the matchmaking needs sorted first as some killers can down survivors just as fast as gens can get done.
The problem is highly skilled killers and coordinated swf teams both skew the stats and they are mixed with the lower skilled players.
I truly beleive some players on both sides just think they should be better than they actually are as going by some comments it should be impossible to ever win a game as killer.
I just had one of those stealth claudettes.
I tried to mindgame at the pallet and hit into nothing, actualyl got a hit on her even though I didnt see her at all.
I will dodge every stealth claudette from now on, no way that I go through this again. Give me graphic settings and we can talk about that again, but as long as that doesnt happen.... nope
Don't like it don't play the game. BOOM, no longer have to worry about items
I paid for the game so I do what I want, there's 4 people at my mercy.
The game is fun for me if survivors dick around with their flashlights, if they wanna escape after 3 minutes they can look for another lobby, I play games to have fun since life is really hard where I live, I have to like work almost 12 hours per week at minimum wage (12,50/hour) so I'm not gonna waste my precious time in a game that I won't have fun in.
And if you think that dedicated servers are gonna fix this then you're mistaken. Devs also won't ban us because they know that the queuetimes would increase to ridiculous levels. So guess we're slowly becoming the actual power role, deal with it.
Kids these days think they're entitled to other ppl's time and money.
And even if they descided to punish lobby dodging, we still can DC ingame like survivors
You know what is so AWESOME about this statement? It goes both ways.
Or just not play like I did during the heavy imbalance period with infinite loops to let survivors enjoy the lobbysimulator. There's a ton of good games out there (apex legends, league, heroes of the storm, war thunder, guild wars 2, Civilization 5/6, the total war series etc etc), I won't waste my time in a game that's as unbalanced as this one with ppl like Cetra who think pushing the limits is acceptable.
When I play surv I never bring a toolbox or ######### like instaheals because it's simply not neccesary, if a killer is gonna go sweaty tryhard/facecamp inspite of this then I'll just kill myself on hook and go to the next game too.
I play the most overpowered army in my tabletop game, I won't field the most BS ######### there either because what is the point of playing a game where you know you'll win?
I just got bullied by a SWF, im deranking again into ranks where I belong.
I literally went afk a few seconds, didnt see that they all brought items..... well guess my bad
Bt is insanely op, just ridiculous btw
most of the time I go for the unhooker if they unhook too close to me. I don't like BT's design tho, shouldn't save survivors who get unhooked right after they got hooked, I would only make BT activate after the survivor is on the hook for at least 15 seconds.