You Own BVHR, What Is Your First Change To DBD?
So low hanging fruit people. What change would you make that requires the least amount of investment for the largest return? Here is my choice. Add a way to exchange purchased items and add ons for add ons or items of equal rarity for characters at level 50. Add a 10% discount for each prestige level. For example, a level 50 Hillbilly could exchange chainsaw files for spark plugs for 3000 bloodpoints. If that Hillbilly were prestige 3 he could make the same exchange for 2100 bloodpoints.
What would be the first thing you would change?
EDIT: A lot of players seem to think of this thread as a "wishlist" thread. That really isn't the intent. The idea is for this to be a mental exercise where you try not to just think of what you want, but what would be best for the company. So maybe you personally, don't like SWF. But do you honestly believe that nerfing or banishing SWF is the best idea from a financial perspective? Would you still feel that way if it affected your bank account?
Ideally, you can come up with ideas that would improve your gaming experience, but also be financially viable. Those are the ideas that they really want to hear and will benefit all of us the most. But this isn't a dictatorship, write what you want.
Comments
-BBQ DC tokens for killers
-Easier and safer WGLF tokens for survivors (We need to prevent farming)
-New game modes, possibly 2v8 and no terror radius, scratch mark mode.
-Buff leatherface and Freddy
-I would take a look at the perks and try to buff unused perks like technician as much as I can
-NEW MAP DESIGNS. We have jungle gyms, TL and double T walls. I would like to create different tiles like they did with Ormond.
Probably not licensed, isn't this killer supposed to be extremely old, like before 1900? Idk. Although, I wouldn't too displeased if it was licensed.
First and foremost - All development changes/ideas must use a two face critical thinking format. Brainstorming and devil's advocate. This may curb some of the shortfalls that perks/killers/gameplay has suffered in the past. IE: "Hey, give Legion an ability to inflict deep wounds....etc, etc. Devil's Advocate: "That could cause problems. Survivors hold M1 more often than they do now, could encourage tunneling, can easily be exploited creating a situation where there is no counter play." See how that works? When his power was first listed, several of us said those exact things, but we were called negative nancies. Oops.
I would do something like Rainbow Six: Siege did.
So after a bit of the usual routine instead of releasing a new chapter I would make it so everyone concentrated on fixing bugs and making sure that the dedicated servers will work as good as possible. Kind of like an Operation Health, if you know R6: Siege you probably know what it was. This game needs a ton of bugs and glitches to be fixed, and it really, really needs the dedicated servers to work as intended.
Devs, if you read this I want to say that I love this game, even tho not perfect it's my favorite game ever
As with all alternate game modes they could rotate an alternate game mode on weekends when the number of players is higher. I agree that they shouldn't have too many permanent game modes available otherwise the player base would become too fragmented. Also, they could make these alternate game modes available as KYF options.
Rework Hillbilly into something less deliberately overpowered.
or
Fix the Hex system/Ruin's place in the game.
Rework NOED (No more HEXperk, increase speed, but only first hit can instadown)
Remove instaheal, ebony mori and OP killer add-on.
Rebuff flashlight.
Give to trapper the base ability that can carry 2 traps.
Rework Freddy.
When killer DC, give back the offering and item to survivor. When at least on survivor DC, give back the offering and add-on to killer.
Remove all stupid add-on and offering. (For example: flashlight , all add-on that increase precision.. for chainsaw brothers the one that can't instadown when hit someone..) and make new add-on specially for some killer (pig).
Add new offering:
For survivor
- + 1 pallet (can stack) (secret).
- start the game with a random yellow item (toolbox, medkit or flashlight). (Secret)
- -1 blocked Window (can't stack) (secret)
For killer
- +1 totem (secret).
- after 60 seconds that game start, u can see the aura of obsession for 10 seconds.(secret)
- u can ban 1 map for the match.(before that see survivor offering).
DbD's own Project Health, a massive update focused solely on improving the game's performance and also going down on balancing issues.
Tweaking the DC Ban system to become far more strict plus introducing time-outs for every DC within a period of time.
1st step:
2nd step:
3rd step:
4th step:
5th step:
So you own a company that could potentially make you quite wealthy and the first thing you would do with it is "delete" it huh? I'll be sure not to take financial advice from you =p
Bunny Feng Min.
Oh and I'd create an Easter Egg that gives Clown a special cosmetic: Borats bathing suite.
SWF gone. Or alternatively placed into a casual mode.
I agree, it's unfair being able to scape through the hatch with a RBT and also it ignores the lore of Saw movies which is "you can't scape till you finish the game (remove/disable the traps)".
I would also add Jigsaw boxes auras cannot be seen until the RBT is enabled.
I have a couple of small suggestions, if I may.
EULA clarification. For now there is a lot of speculations and rumours regarding what exactly is bannable, what is allowed, what is frowned upon, what will result in warnings, what is a normal gameplay. I feel like a clear link to EULA/TOS would make this a bit more clear. Less punishing - more encouraging and transparency.
I would also love to see a something like an official website section with a bunch of articles, that would explain in-game mechanics. Tutorials even. For now DBD's website is not very active, but it definitely can be improved. You can also include the article with the clear explanation of different misconceptions of bannable things in the game. This will help new players and also (hopefully) will reduce the load on Support.
As other people suggested, marketing team could probably do the release campaigns a bit differently...
Personally I feel like it would be cool to see some very strong perks in the game. Variety builds are not really viable since all the strong perks that are already in the game make a huge difference. Try out very strong perks, see how it turns out
Maybe give something very strong to both sides so that the other side would not feel left out?
Would be nice to see event outfits tied to a specific event, to be honest... This would make grinding more valuable. I understand why they are still in store, but what if they would be released a bit later? Let's say that during a certain event it is possible to earn 3 outfits. These outfits will be available only during the event, but they might come back to the store later on. This way there is more purpose in grinding, people will still get the chance to flash them, cosmetics will still hit the store, and new players will still have a chance to get them eventually. What if from time to time there were certain promotions of buying a cosmetic, maybe even with the discount. Or the random bundle? For now all the outfits have -10% tag, which is constant, which nullifies the discount purpose in the first place. I don't know, that's just food for thought.
In-game events, smaller ones. Most big events require big work from different teams, but what if it's a small event with small rewards? What if a player had a chance of getting... I don't know.... extra 50.000 BP from a certain chest or after hooking someone on a certain hook? What if there were more chests on the map? What if for 2 days the loot would be changed to the very rare one, maybe even something that was not yet introduced in the game?
Possibly rewards for devotion level? Preventing questions - I am not biased, my devotion level is very low.
Friendly environment for new players. Maybe once a month dev team would be interested to have a couple of matches with new players, just having casual fun while slowly introducing them to the game and explaining game mechanics? It will require a lot of human power though, so I am not sure if it's valuable in the long run...
Encouraging good behaviour. Props system is already implemented, so if it can be tweaked a bit to work better and to reward kindness, courtesy, good skill and good sports - that would be great
Preventing frustration. This is something super advanced, I imagine, but hey, one can dream. What if if a certain player loses a couple of matches in a row (escape with very low points, no kills whatsoever, etc), a message will pop up, saying something encouraging, introducing link to tutorials on the renewed website AND gave a player a set of powerful addons/items. For survivor it could be a medkit with syringe, for killer it would be something very strong from his/her kit, depending on the played killer. Maybe even a free "splinter".
Make the "win" term very loose, change the concept of winning for both sides. I know that seasoned players still will have a certain mindset that will not be changed despite possible changes, but the mindset of new players can be changed. I feel like the mindset "I must kill all 4 survivors to succeed"/"I must escape every match" is a very dangerous road and a constant struggle for perfection, which can never be achieved due to various reasons. Thus, frustration, anger, hatred, toxicity.
In-game mini-game: build roulette. I know that a lot of streamers already use some sort of software for it, but it would still be a nice feature for humble seasoned players like myself. Imagine this roulette within the game design, super fancy, with Entity claws, exclusive game art on the background, something like this
You can include which killers/survivors you want to be in the drop-out 
That's about it, I tried to be as generic as possible without touching specific issues.
Oh, oh, and another one!
It will probably make sense for the marketing team.
For the majority of people games are more fun with friends. So why not encourage inviting new players? Let's say someone bought the game. What if after a couple of days (count of successful logons and sessions) he would receive a Steam code for a discount either for DLC or for the base game that he can gift to a friend?
I would nerf freddy and buff nurse, community needs the strong stronger and the weak weaker
His lust is sexy, Freddy needing to be OP will never happen showing his lust
This both a great idea and a horrible one at the same time. Not sure how I'd feel about this. I feel like we would need to tweak the unsportsmanlike conduct criteria as otherwise certain individuals, not unlike yourself might get in trouble for "accidentally" helping the killer.
When are we getting that, or are we ever getting it
Eh, it would only be for the matches played with that friend though. I don't see why the system would drag them all into the Hell queue outside of that group.
Even though I asked for the first change you would make, I've seen a lot of "step 2, 3, 4's". That sounds like fun, so I'm going to get in on that action too.
Step1: Create a transfer system for unwanted items and add ons for characters at level 50. Players could pay bloodpoints equal to the item or add on cost to exchange it for an item or add on of equal rarity of their choice. There would be a 10% discount for each prestige rank.
Step2: Address the rewards at higher rank or lack thereof. I would actually take a multi-step approach to this. First thing I would do is immediately add a bloodpoint bonus for each pip earned at rank 1. The bloodpoint bonus would be around 5 to 10 thousand bloodpoints. Enough to matter, but not so much as to be considered "required". The idea being to reward players for getting to rank 1 and hopefully inspire them to stay there and try their best and hopefully keep them from disconnecting.
Step3: Address the end game issue of survivors hanging around at the end of a match. My solution would be to put a 90 second timer once the final generator is finished. Once the 90 seconds are up or until a player is put on a hook, the killer will be able to see all the survivors auras. If all survivors are unhooked then the 90 second timer starts again. Lockers and perks will not protect you from this aura vision.
Step4: Add rotating alternate game modes each weekend that offer bloodpoint bonuses. Once the alternate game mode has been introduced, it will permanently be available on Kill Your Friends. You can see examples here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/17700/alternate-game-modes/p1
Step5: Address the bloodpoint grind issue. There are a number of different things I would do, but a couple of examples would include changing We're Gonna Live Forever to "Whenever a generator is completed gain 1 token. At the end of the match gain 10/15/20% bonus bloodpoints to all categories for each token.". I would also change the prestige system so that each time a character prestiges they get their own teachable perks for free equal to their prestige rank. You can see more ideas here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39591/addressing-the-bloodpoint-grind
Step6: This step is really step 2 of step 2. I would continue my work on addressing the rewards of higher rank. I would extend each season to 2 or 3 months. I would make it so players can earn unlimited pips at rank 1 which are displayed and used for match making purposes. This would create essentially "unlimited ranks" so that all rank 1's are not really the same. I would introduce exclusive cosmetics that can only be earned by attaining a large number of these rank 1 pips.
Would you care to elaborate on what your buff would entail?
I will fix EVERY FREAKING BUG. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Even the HUD bug when survivor dies on a hook but there's skull icon like he was moried. I hate this kind of bugs
Get Pumpkinhead into the game.
This wrong must be put right.
In fact, that’s really the biggest change I’d make- dates made public would be rock solid.
hire an entire team dedicated to creating comics and animated shorts to tell the story of Dead By Daylight. Id create a donation page so they could all be community funded, and make a whole section of the forum for cool survivor/killer/other journal entries that would be posted occasionally that are found in the fog that would also give us insight into how the characters are as people and how they're coping with their situations.
then of course id fix the bugs, but details!
OOO and a killer vs killer!
* Only playable on dedicated servers (if they ever come to be).
This mode is just perfect, people would actually have to be good with both sides to move forward in the ranks.
Increase the time it takes for generators to be completed for SWF.
2 SWF = +10%
3 SWF = +15%
4 SWF = +20%
So you're a real "kill the messenger" type of leader huh? The community manager has absolutely nothing to do with dead lines being met. The CM isn't the one who makes up the dead lines or even in charge of the ones who make the dead lines. Firing people for things they have no control over is a good way to lower morale and loyalty. Which in turn will effect your productivity, employee retention, recruitment, and eventually the viability of your company as a whole.
1- Make more licensed Chapters or paragraphs (and in addition, more licensed cosmetics), this action will attract new players without any doubt, with a great range of ages.
2- I would indicate if a killer is going to confront an SWF team (with an icon, or a number, I don´t know exactly), so the killer can decide if he wants to play the game or not.
3- Severe penalties for the people that disconnect in the middle of the game.
4- More quality merch it´s a must
Heres one easy QoL fix, make the explosion black bubble thing on Gen completion or killer hook dissapear very quickly if your looking at it so you can see the survs that are leaving the area if they on in LoS or you can see if the killer is beelineing right towards you as with BBQ and chili. Currently the black bubble hides both and is annoying and can be dangerous. I get its utility for giving folks a chance to see where it was but if your screen is centered on it, it ought to go away.
Also Please do something to curb tunneling. As a surv its unfun.
>
>
When Pig starts her Ambush Attack (when she roars) Surivors within a 15m Radius will be Exhausted for 3sec. This way Pig no longer is hard countered by Sprint Burst.
Make the freddy rework come faster, why is it taking years to change him?
I hate moris as much as the next guy, but what would be the point of them if this were applied?