Killers eat good, huh?

It just feels like killers get what they want all the time.

They wanted dead hard nerfted? They got it. Spine chill, Shane's perk? got it.
Deliverance, sprint burst, vigil? Got it
Soon shoulder the burden, lithe, resilience, balanced landing will be getting nerfs, because of killer complains and spreadsheet will show that those perks are overused.

We had anti-tunnel system implemeneted - killers feedback made developers scrape the idea, they got rid of it.
Now killers tunnel and feel good about it. Can't say that about surviviors. They automatically lose a game because killer found the "weak link".
Atleast they nerfed ONE slugging perk, let's be happy.

Surviviors feedback about problematic killers doesn't seem to matter for a long time now.
Nurse, Kaneki and Jason destroy lobbies without a problem.
Well, atleast they nerfed blight and wins aren't that free anymore. We should be happy.

Basekit BT is being shortened - something that helped us a lot when killer went for immidiate tunnel.
We could make distance to a better loop, giving us a better chance.
Not everyone was using that offensively.

Solo queue? Who cares, right?
Find friends to play with just so we will slight chance to get escape sometimes.

Surviviors are DCing, giving up against their disliked killers. Making everyone have bad experience.
But we still didn't decide to think why that happens. Why would a survivior DC against their 5th overtuned jason in a row?
Or ghoul that doesn't really care about anything, bringing 4 slowdowns and 2 addons that literally act like perks.
Why don't we do something about that? Why don't we make survivior experience a little bit more enjoyable, so maybe those people will start enjoy the game more?

Why are surviviors giving their feedback and nothing is being done about it?

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • They cry the loudest. Made this game sooooo boring from a survivor side. Any thing good... Nerf.... It because that vigil and sprint burst were meta.... And boring.... Cue more crying..…

    Look what happened!!! Nerf pain res… Nerf surge..nope.... Killers will cry. I play killer and just don't understand. But then again I'm ok with the occasional L. I don't cry 😢

  • I do wonder how elusive off hook is going to play out when it comes to heals.

    • Heal under hook and you're healing under hook - something you obviously don't want to do if the killer is tunneling.
    • Run away to heal with the unhooker and now you have scratch marks and someone potentially giving aura. Not your scratch marks or aura, but they're still leading straight to you.
    • Run away alone and self-heal (provided you can) - boom, conspicuous action. No more elusive, endurance, or haste.
    • Run away alone and don't get healed - the only option that preserves elusive while using it in a way that serves its anti-tunnel purpose.

    So survivors give up 5 seconds of endurance and haste and in exchange they get 10 seconds of a status that's useless if they want to heal? Ooowee, what a deal.

  • @SaltyPotatoRebel said:

    They cry the loudest. Made this game sooooo boring from a survivor side. Any thing good... Nerf.... It because that vigil and sprint burst were meta.... And boring.... Cue more crying..…

    Look what happened!!! Nerf pain res… Nerf surge..nope.... Killers will cry. I play killer and just don't understand. But then again I'm ok with the occasional L. I don't cry 😢

    I get called boring for running Insidious.

  • @MDRSan said:

    I do wonder how elusive off hook is going to play out when it comes to heals.

    • Heal under hook and you're healing under hook - something you obviously don't want to do if the killer is tunneling.
    • Run away to heal with the unhooker and now you have scratch marks and someone potentially giving aura. Not your scratch marks or aura, but they're still leading straight to you.
    • Run away alone and self-heal (provided you can) - boom, conspicuous action. No more elusive, endurance, or haste.
    • Run away alone and don't get healed - the only option that preserves elusive while using it in a way that serves its anti-tunnel purpose.

    So survivors give up 5 seconds of endurance and haste and in exchange they get 10 seconds of a status that's useless if they want to heal? Ooowee, what a deal.

    You can tell its going to be useless because no killer players on here have been crying about it despite elusive being cited as gamebreaking.

  • @MDRSan said:

    I do wonder how elusive off hook is going to play out when it comes to heals.

    • Heal under hook and you're healing under hook - something you obviously don't want to do if the killer is tunneling.
    • Run away to heal with the unhooker and now you have scratch marks and someone potentially giving aura. Not your scratch marks or aura, but they're still leading straight to you.
    • Run away alone and self-heal (provided you can) - boom, conspicuous action. No more elusive, endurance, or haste.
    • Run away alone and don't get healed - the only option that preserves elusive while using it in a way that serves its anti-tunnel purpose.

    So survivors give up 5 seconds of endurance and haste and in exchange they get 10 seconds of a status that's useless if they want to heal? Ooowee, what a deal.

    Yeah this is my concern, that it'll be kinda useless. There's really isn't any safe option as long as your unhooker isn't Elusive too. They'll either leave a trail of marks to you or get picked up by aura. I run Nurse's Calling regularly and I'll still be able to see the aura of the healer, healing thin air. As much as people love to talk about how strong Eluisve is, there's a lot it doesn't do. It doesn't block footsteps or breathing, KI, loud noise notifications from perks and add ons, or killer specific visuals like blood and scent orbs. It's also still going to be useless against many of the tunnelers who just hit you off hook the moment your feet hit the ground, which we'll probably be seeing a ton more of with this change.

    I'd much rather have the extra 5s as it was.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Killer has to "eat good" or we don't have a game. Imagine try to get newer players into the Killer role who get bullied and abused every game, not an easy sell.

    I don't entirely agree with it. Any good Perks Survivors get are eventually nerfed. They release two Survivors ( 6 Perks ), five of them are trash and the good one will get nerfed.

    On top of a constant Power Creep Killer, what can you even continue to develop for Survivor Perks that isn't just a Meme or complete waste of time?

  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    ’ugh this game is so killer sided smh’

    We, objectively, just had THE most survivor biased game mode in history which only a handful of killers were good (but still boring in).

    Chaos shuffle and lights out are returning with changes that only serve to screw over killers that have meme add ons (padded jaws trapper being an example for chaos shuffle) or in the case of lights out giving survivors free windows of opportunity essentially nullifying the point of the event and breaks the dark spooky immersion of the game mode.


    But yeah let’s push the narrative that killers get what they want all the time while ignoring the facts, like a certain tall Brazilian woman getting soft removed from the game for over a year because of all the complaining surrounding her from people who’d rather DC than actually learn to play.

    Lol, dude don't act like a temporary and optional event matters for game balancing.

  • @GroovieAshes said:

    Killer has to "eat good" or we don't have a game. Imagine try to get newer players into the Killer role who get bullied and abused every game, not an easy sell.

    I don't entirely agree with it. Any good Perks Survivors get are eventually nerfed. They release two Survivors ( 6 Perks ), five of them are trash and the good one will get nerfed.

    On top of a constant Power Creep Killer, what can you even continue to develop for Survivor Perks that isn't just a Meme or complete waste of time?

    Have you seen what goes on below the soft cap recently? No one is bullying those killers. The survivors just crouch around the map and then get downed immediately. But by your same logic, why would anyone stick with survivor when you just die over and over to a bunch of mechanics you don't understand? I played only killer for a while when I was new because of how frustrating and info heavy survivor was.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102551#Comment_4102551

    Have you seen what goes on below the soft cap recently? No one is bullying those killers. The survivors just crouch around the map and then get downed immediately. But by your same logic, why would anyone stick with survivor when you just die over and over to a bunch of mechanics you don't understand? I played only killer for a while when I was new because of how frustrating and info heavy survivor was.

    I'm saying the newer power creep Killer's are kind of a strong entry point. Newer players can jump in and have fun with them and I think BHVR actually wants a wide gap between Killer's with a High skill ceiling and some that are kind of brain dead.

    This is an issue because you put someone like Jason in the hands of a Killer main with 5k hours and it's pretty miserable.

    Survivor is in a rough spot, solo is always going to be a challenge.

    I do not agree entirely with the direction BHVR is taking the game but I do understand that Killer has to be the power role and feel powerful.

  • @GroovieAshes said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102563#Comment_4102563

    I'm saying the newer power creep Killer's are kind of a strong entry point. Newer players can jump in and have fun with them and I think BHVR actually wants a wide gap between Killer's with a High skill ceiling and some that are kind of brain dead.

    This is an issue because you put someone like Jason in the hands of a Killer main with 5k hours and it's pretty miserable.

    Survivor is in a rough spot, solo is always going to be a challenge.

    I do not agree entirely with the direction BHVR is taking the game but I do understand that Killer has to be the power role and feel powerful.

    I'd say the newer killers are pretty baffling to a brand new player. Jason does too much and understanding it all is hard. And imagine a new player on Henry. The last intro I'd want to killer is someone like Dracula or Vecna who do a zillion things and you've got to figure out the right timing to do all of them. Killers like Wraith, Huntress or even Legion or Clown are still better choices for new players.

    Power role sure, but it should be a power you learn and master, not just free wins. Again, who would player survivor against that? Killer mains playing pwyw and who dont care about match outcomes? Because you aren't going to catch me playing a role that feels impossible to win.

  • @esarraf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102397#Comment_4102397

    Lol, dude don't act like a temporary and optional event matters for game balancing.

    read my response to the other guy, it does matter and I’m tired of pretending otherwise

  • @Leshi said:

    Killer players still wonder why the queue times are 5+ minutes

    Killer queues are 5 minutes on some servers because they make up like 30% of the player base when all thats needed is 20%. Its simple killer queue cant be "fixed" sense they only need to be 20% of the player base so if 21% or more are on killer that means killer queue will be a thing. Also i was getting the bp bonus on killer before jason was announced and now my queues are 1 to 3 minutes depending on the time of day.

  • @MDRSan said:

    I do wonder how elusive off hook is going to play out when it comes to heals.

    • Heal under hook and you're healing under hook - something you obviously don't want to do if the killer is tunneling.
    • Run away to heal with the unhooker and now you have scratch marks and someone potentially giving aura. Not your scratch marks or aura, but they're still leading straight to you.
    • Run away alone and self-heal (provided you can) - boom, conspicuous action. No more elusive, endurance, or haste.
    • Run away alone and don't get healed - the only option that preserves elusive while using it in a way that serves its anti-tunnel purpose.

    So survivors give up 5 seconds of endurance and haste and in exchange they get 10 seconds of a status that's useless if they want to heal? Ooowee, what a deal.

    You should be playing injured more you dont need to be healed right away. Elusive is the strongest effect for survivors its why I personly run self preservation and babysitter so when I unhook people we both just disappear and can heal or do a gen with out the killer able to find us. Not needing babysitter anymore is nice because now I can run another perk like will make it to help heal faster after hooking or maybe deja vu to do gens faster.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102481#Comment_4102481

    You can tell its going to be useless because no killer players on here have been crying about it despite elusive being cited as gamebreaking.

    Thats because killers know survivors are still going to use there endurance aggressively so it doesnt matter but smart survivors will use it to slip away which that wont change because they were already good. Elusive is strong the problem is people using endurance aggressively completely makes the Elusive pointless sense they will just be in the killer face. As someone who runs an unhook build the Elusive will let me take off babysitter and replace with for another perk basicly making my build 6 perks instead of 4

  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102552#Comment_4102552

    read my response to the other guy, it does matter and I’m tired of pretending otherwise

    It really doesnt. According to Killer Mains at least. When Event Modes are killer-sided, the first thing Killers say is that they are just fun gamemodes which are not supposed to be balanced.

    Then there is one time where a survivor-sided gamemode (10th anniversary) is around and THEN it is a huge issue? Come on.

    People like you cannot just discard favouring one side as "Just a gamemode, you dont have to play it" and make it a huge problem when it favours the "wrong" side at the same time.

  • The game is 100 % survivor sided. Cmon, you get down which on some killers might not be so easy and now you can lose all that to flashlight or sabo toolbox, resetting all your works. I do agree tha killer gameplay is more entertaining because you are all in action rather than sitting motionless wathich progress bar. Surely a lot of things got nerfed because of killers but so did on killer side because of survivors - in longer term 5 blinks nurse, ebony mori, gen grabbing spirit, Chucky, Blight, Vecna 2, Hillbilly, Spirit, Wesker and for perks? Eruption, Call of brine, pain res, pop, ruin, corrupt, ultimate weapon, save the best for last, and so much more. So none side should complain about being privileged. On survivor side decisive strike, object of obsession, hatch, adrenaline off hook, maps, instaheals, medkits, keys, maps… but again it were nerfs on both sides, although either side refuse to see it. Glad I play both sides because I can see the issues without being blind-folded.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Elan said:

    The game is 100 % survivor sided. Cmon, you get down which on some killers might not be so easy and now you can lose all that to flashlight or sabo toolbox, resetting all your works. I do agree tha killer gameplay is more entertaining because you are all in action rather than sitting motionless wathich progress bar. Surely a lot of things got nerfed because of killers but so did on killer side because of survivors - in longer term 5 blinks nurse, ebony mori, gen grabbing spirit, Chucky, Blight, Vecna 2, Hillbilly, Spirit, Wesker and for perks? Eruption, Call of brine, pain res, pop, ruin, corrupt, ultimate weapon, save the best for last, and so much more. So none side should complain about being privileged. On survivor side decisive strike, object of obsession, hatch, adrenaline off hook, maps, instaheals, medkits, keys, maps… but again it were nerfs on both sides, although either side refuse to see it. Glad I play both sides because I can see the issues without being blind-folded.

    image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

    Yeah, game is totally survivor sided right now. Every escape that page shows is a DC. No one escaped me.

    My poor opponenst didn't know that.

    I am getting merciless after merciless after merciless. You can't make this up.

    I can't defend statement that game is survivior sided if stats are like this. This is ridiculous.

    Killer is easiest it has ever been and that's the fact. Everyone that is struggling to get 60% winrate is doing something wrong.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102094#Comment_4102094

    Meh, Im just kinda benifiting cuz the stuff ppl have been complaining about isn't really anything I use anyway. If they nerf his synergy with full hex builds for example, they'll PROBABLY try to balance it out. I highly doubt my setup will be seeing any nerfs, and more likely...buffs. With the anti-camp no longer applying to alternate floors for example, I now got rid of the only annoyance of playing on RPD and Midwich as him.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6V2IPHOLG351/1000002422.jpg

    Kinda wondering if they'll buff Spies with the upcoming changes...

    I hope we will receive old perks reworked as scourges, boons, invocations, compromised gens or something. Please.

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102753#Comment_4102753

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DAJFU49L6IET/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QYYH084UI6IC/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TG6G442AURY1/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DHP69D710ESK/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E56DLV6IADW9/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O3RUFASF0C05/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/96I2Z5DJTGED/image.png

    Yeah, game is totally survivor sided right now. Every escape that page shows is a DC. No one escaped me.

    My poor opponenst didn't know that.

    I am getting merciless after merciless after merciless. You can't make this up.

    I can't defend statement that game is survivior sided if stats are like this. This is ridiculous.

    Killer is easiest it has ever been and that's the fact. Everyone that is struggling to get 60% winrate is doing something wrong.

    The game isbalanced around casual players. I have killrate 75 % total but that doesn't mean that the game is killer sided. Just that you know how the game works and have experiences to predict in chase.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102758#Comment_4102758

    The game isbalanced around casual players. I have killrate 75 % total but that doesn't mean that the game is killer sided. Just that you know how the game works and have experiences to predict in chase.

    What would your kill rate be if the game was 'balanced', then?

    90%? 95%?

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102753#Comment_4102753

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DAJFU49L6IET/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QYYH084UI6IC/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TG6G442AURY1/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DHP69D710ESK/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E56DLV6IADW9/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O3RUFASF0C05/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/96I2Z5DJTGED/image.png

    Yeah, game is totally survivor sided right now. Every escape that page shows is a DC. No one escaped me.

    My poor opponenst didn't know that.

    I am getting merciless after merciless after merciless. You can't make this up.

    I can't defend statement that game is survivior sided if stats are like this. This is ridiculous.

    Killer is easiest it has ever been and that's the fact. Everyone that is struggling to get 60% winrate is doing something wrong.

    Well, you must be extremely low MMR /s

    You know, the Killer Mains on the Forum here, they are on Gigachad-MMR. They are on a special Server with ONLY insane Survivors. Look, even Content Creators like Otz and Hens, who win almost all their games get Survivors way below their Skill Level. But they are not on that special Server, nono.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102760#Comment_4102760

    What would your kill rate be if the game was 'balanced', then?

    90%? 95%?

    Hard to say. I consider myself being decent killer player, having 100 % kill rate on killers like Knight or Skull Merchant during event but only 82 % on Jason. I'd say that as both side player I can't give pleasing answer to either side. Guess both sides want to win all their matches, but with such a difference between killers the kill rate will never be valid to pick as balancing aspect. I believe that against truly skilled 4-man the killer has nothing to compete while against uncoordinated solo q the killer will dominate, even the weaker ones. As a killer player I'd say that I want to have 3k every game, meaning 75 % total kill rate, which kinda suits atm even with my mercy and competing for hatch nature. On survivor I don't mind dying as long as I have fun, which I didn't really have against same few killers with iri add ons, stacked slowdown and tunneling. I'm kinda chill and run off meta so I purely rely on luck heh. My most used build latey - survivor (extrasensory perception, open handed, lend a hand and 5 moves ahead) - killer (turn back the clock, genetic limits, jagged compass, floods of rage)

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102763#Comment_4102763

    Hard to say. I consider myself being decent killer player, having 100 % kill rate on killers like Knight or Skull Merchant during event but only 82 % on Jason. I'd say that as both side player I can't give pleasing answer to either side. Guess both sides want to win all their matches, but with such a difference between killers the kill rate will never be valid to pick as balancing aspect. I believe that against truly skilled 4-man the killer has nothing to compete while against uncoordinated solo q the killer will dominate, even the weaker ones. As a killer player I'd say that I want to have 3k every game, meaning 75 % total kill rate, which kinda suits atm even with my mercy and competing for hatch nature. On survivor I don't mind dying as long as I have fun, which I didn't really have against same few killers with iri add ons, stacked slowdown and tunneling. I'm kinda chill and run off meta so I purely rely on luck heh. My most used build latey - survivor (extrasensory perception, open handed, lend a hand and 5 moves ahead) - killer (turn back the clock, genetic limits, jagged compass, floods of rage)

    So your actual answer here is 'I want killer to have a 100% winrate, anything below that is survivor-sided'?

    Am I understanding this correctly?

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102758#Comment_4102758

    The game isbalanced around casual players. I have killrate 75 % total but that doesn't mean that the game is killer sided. Just that you know how the game works and have experiences to predict in chase.

    Balance we are going to is gonna increase everyone's killrate.

    I don't want 85-90% killrate. This would make no sense and I would not have incentive to play.

    I don't agree with making wins free and boring.

    I have no idea how can someone still want killer general buffs and surviviors general nerfs with 75% winrate, I really don't know.

    If there will be no place for improvement, what is the point of playing PvP game?
    That's something people don't really understand - you are getting better with experience and you can't expect winning all the games when you have let's say 100, 200, 500 hours in game so complicated and developed.

    Killer queue is never instant anymore, it's been like that for months. There is less and less surviviors wanting to play the game!
    Without surviviors there will be no game for you to enjoy.

    Killer is easiest it has ever been. Those who didn't play before 6.1.0 will never understand it unfortunetely.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102758#Comment_4102758

    Well, you must be extremely low MMR /s

    You know, the Killer Mains on the Forum here, they are on Gigachad-MMR. They are on a special Server with ONLY insane Survivors. Look, even Content Creators like Otz and Hens, who win almost all their games get Survivors way below their Skill Level. But they are not on that special Server, nono.

    Yeah, I wish I was better so I could go against good surviviors.

    Poor megs and mikaelas I go against are probably newbies.

    BTW - offtopic here: I was playing with you yday! I was Vee who StB you for deli against bubba :D
    Unlucky basement there.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102763#Comment_4102763

    Hard to say. I consider myself being decent killer player, having 100 % kill rate on killers like Knight or Skull Merchant during event but only 82 % on Jason. I'd say that as both side player I can't give pleasing answer to either side. Guess both sides want to win all their matches, but with such a difference between killers the kill rate will never be valid to pick as balancing aspect. I believe that against truly skilled 4-man the killer has nothing to compete while against uncoordinated solo q the killer will dominate, even the weaker ones. As a killer player I'd say that I want to have 3k every game, meaning 75 % total kill rate, which kinda suits atm even with my mercy and competing for hatch nature. On survivor I don't mind dying as long as I have fun, which I didn't really have against same few killers with iri add ons, stacked slowdown and tunneling. I'm kinda chill and run off meta so I purely rely on luck heh. My most used build latey - survivor (extrasensory perception, open handed, lend a hand and 5 moves ahead) - killer (turn back the clock, genetic limits, jagged compass, floods of rage)

    I don't believe we go against skilled 4-man swfs that often.
    Chance to go against full comp squad without a weak link is so low, that this doesn't matter.

    The problem is that those people are taking this too personally, going into ego trip - because how is it possible that they lost a match in DBD, right?

    75% is way more from the design that developers are aiming for and you still want surviviors nerfs. That's very unrealistic and selfish.

    I see killers cry about deliverance, stb, DS, DH all the time. But this could be easily prevented if you don't tunnel, DH is easy to wait out and bait, deli is whatever.
    If you feel like survivior is running deliverance, leave him be. He doesn't need to be hooked.

    I went against multiple StB yday and it has been used once against me and I still got 4k out of that game.
    I can't defend killer side, it's diffucult if I don't face any problems with those matches.

    I will get people to 4-man escape me from time to time and that's fine!
    Take lessons from the game, think of what you could do better, try to improve.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102104#Comment_4102104

    I hope we will receive old perks reworked as scourges, boons, invocations, compromised gens or something. Please.

    I hope not.

    Compromissed gen perks are bad design. You can get value once in a game if surviviors play around it.

    Boons are time wasters, zone limited and don't give enough value.

    Invocation is also terrible design, because you need to go find the basement, do the invocation for 1 minute and you will be broken for entire game. Again, value isn't good enough.

    Boons and Invocations help killers too much, because they are time wasters.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102767#Comment_4102767

    So your actual answer here is 'I want killer to have a 100% winrate, anything below that is survivor-sided'?

    Am I understanding this correctly?

    I said killer players tend to highest possible win rate so do survivors. One thing is what you aim for and second is the reality. Surely game is defienetly survivor sided. I played a lot of asym games, but DBD is only game offering tools to fight mechanics such as camping, tunneling and slugging and people are still complaining eventhough they have those options. You hate tunnel, you pop on off the record or ds. You hate slugging, you pop on unbreakable, we gonan live forever, made for this, you hate camping, you pop on reassurance, camaraderie. There are options on killer side too. You hate sprint, you pop on laguid touch, you hate genrush you pop on slowdowns, you want jumpscares, you pop on stealth perks… I'm not defending either side from toxicity, as I said earlier this event was one of the most miserable time playing survivor I've ever had in this game but on the other side no one can deny that it's up to survivors how the game will go. As long as you spread on gens and do them when out of chase, even if someone is hard tunneled you shouldve have at least 2 out and most my survivor loses are to bad teammates as someone said, a lot of kill rate is killer killing someone as "weak link" which leadss into 3v1 scenario which is mostly a guaranteed loss. If the survivor vaults into you and get hit then greed pallet and get hit or go for meme youtube techs that don't work is it killer being too good or surivors throwing the game? Honestly a hot take, people picking hex jason or 4 stacked slowdown ghoul and call themselves exceptional players. I get that there are cheap stuffs on both sides but please don't tell me that the game is anything from balanced to killer-sided. PS: I was big supporter of antitunnel Krasue midchapter they announced and was dissapointed by the scapping it, because it offered incentives as well as protections.

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102759#Comment_4102759

    I hope not.

    Compromissed gen perks are bad design. You can get value once in a game if surviviors play around it.

    Boons are time wasters, zone limited and don't give enough value.

    Invocation is also terrible design, because you need to go find the basement, do the invocation for 1 minute and you will be broken for entire game. Again, value isn't good enough.

    Boons and Invocations help killers too much, because they are time wasters.

    Bit of positivity, they may see some love. They are not best but any alternative mechanic that refreshes the game is hugely welcomed. And by the end only those who find it attractive will pick it.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102104#Comment_4102104

    I hope we will receive old perks reworked as scourges, boons, invocations, compromised gens or something. Please.

    I hope I dont have to sit in the basement for 60 seconds to get Invocation: spies from the shadows to work, lol

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102768#Comment_4102768

    I said killer players tend to highest possible win rate so do survivors. One thing is what you aim for and second is the reality. Surely game is defienetly survivor sided. I played a lot of asym games, but DBD is only game offering tools to fight mechanics such as camping, tunneling and slugging and people are still complaining eventhough they have those options. You hate tunnel, you pop on off the record or ds. You hate slugging, you pop on unbreakable, we gonan live forever, made for this, you hate camping, you pop on reassurance, camaraderie. There are options on killer side too. You hate sprint, you pop on laguid touch, you hate genrush you pop on slowdowns, you want jumpscares, you pop on stealth perks… I'm not defending either side from toxicity, as I said earlier this event was one of the most miserable time playing survivor I've ever had in this game but on the other side no one can deny that it's up to survivors how the game will go. As long as you spread on gens and do them when out of chase, even if someone is hard tunneled you shouldve have at least 2 out and most my survivor loses are to bad teammates as someone said, a lot of kill rate is killer killing someone as "weak link" which leadss into 3v1 scenario which is mostly a guaranteed loss. If the survivor vaults into you and get hit then greed pallet and get hit or go for meme youtube techs that don't work is it killer being too good or surivors throwing the game? Honestly a hot take, people picking hex jason or 4 stacked slowdown ghoul and call themselves exceptional players. I get that there are cheap stuffs on both sides but please don't tell me that the game is anything from balanced to killer-sided. PS: I was big supporter of antitunnel Krasue midchapter they announced and was dissapointed by the scapping it, because it offered incentives as well as protections.

    Because those tactics are not intended from the dev team! That's why they give surviviors tools for that!
    If killers are mindlessly doing those things they will always lose the game.

    If you are camping the hook you will have 2 people on a gen at all time and one going for the last second trade! It's that simple!
    It's missplay from the killer! That's how you lose the generatiors and game because you can't keep up with the pace after.

    You basically understand that for everything other side has there are perks to fight it back, I like that.
    I like that you were in favor of the anti systems.
    You are being reasonable enough.

    I do agree that game on the highest level is survivior sided… but this is minority of survivior lobbies.
    There is much more solo queue teams that we are going against.
    They have much more miserable experience then killers who go against good team in 1 of 100 or even 1000 games.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102759#Comment_4102759

    I hope I dont have to sit in the basement for 60 seconds to get Invocation: spies from the shadows to work, lol

    i hardly agree that current invocations aren't very good. It's the travel time and invoking time that sets it's weakness and that's in most lucky scenario where you are not spot by killer or disrupted. Weaving spiders suffers the same, 20s into basement, 60s invoking and boom you couldve done a gen by that time and what you get? 10 charges of remaining gens while left team in 3v1 scenario plus you will now be vulnerable target. I believe they can remove broken and the perk would still be awfull. That doesn't mean it can't get better. Being injured and broken shoul never be something you get for such a stuff. Even shoulder the burden only causes short exposed. If they remove the broken and increase aura on treacherous crows along with giving survivors calm spirit the invocations might be actually very decent, not meta but fine.

  • I dont really understand the purpose of these blatant "us vs them" posts. It seems that their only purpose is to make one side fight the other one.

    Both killers and survivors gets their strongest (and sometimes not the strongest) options nerfed. Both sides gets buffed on some options. The developers also make horrible mistakes by changing things that they do not need to be changed for both sides.

    And i say this as a person who thinks that the developers have more bias to survivors.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102772#Comment_4102772

    Bit of positivity, they may see some love. They are not best but any alternative mechanic that refreshes the game is hugely welcomed. And by the end only those who find it attractive will pick it.

    Only if those perks give a good value.

    Fact is that if survivior perks are giving good enough value they are doom posted and get nerfed because of it.

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102775#Comment_4102775

    Only if those perks give a good value.

    Fact is that if survivior perks are giving good enough value they are doom posted and get nerfed because of it.

    Hot take, perks shouldn't be massively game changing. That's why I hate perks like Rancor…

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102768#Comment_4102768

    I said killer players tend to highest possible win rate so do survivors. One thing is what you aim for and second is the reality. Surely game is defienetly survivor sided. I played a lot of asym games, but DBD is only game offering tools to fight mechanics such as camping, tunneling and slugging and people are still complaining eventhough they have those options. You hate tunnel, you pop on off the record or ds. You hate slugging, you pop on unbreakable, we gonan live forever, made for this, you hate camping, you pop on reassurance, camaraderie. There are options on killer side too. You hate sprint, you pop on laguid touch, you hate genrush you pop on slowdowns, you want jumpscares, you pop on stealth perks… I'm not defending either side from toxicity, as I said earlier this event was one of the most miserable time playing survivor I've ever had in this game but on the other side no one can deny that it's up to survivors how the game will go. As long as you spread on gens and do them when out of chase, even if someone is hard tunneled you shouldve have at least 2 out and most my survivor loses are to bad teammates as someone said, a lot of kill rate is killer killing someone as "weak link" which leadss into 3v1 scenario which is mostly a guaranteed loss. If the survivor vaults into you and get hit then greed pallet and get hit or go for meme youtube techs that don't work is it killer being too good or surivors throwing the game? Honestly a hot take, people picking hex jason or 4 stacked slowdown ghoul and call themselves exceptional players. I get that there are cheap stuffs on both sides but please don't tell me that the game is anything from balanced to killer-sided. PS: I was big supporter of antitunnel Krasue midchapter they announced and was dissapointed by the scapping it, because it offered incentives as well as protections.

    I said killer players tend to highest possible win rate so do survivors.

    I asked you what your killrate would be if the game was 'balanced' and you stated that you want to get a 3K every single game. That does come across to me as an implicit admission that you want to have the game balanced in such a way that you never, ever lose on killer.

    Surely game is defienetly survivor sided. I played a lot of asym games, but DBD is only game offering tools to fight mechanics such as camping, tunneling and slugging and people are still complaining eventhough they have those options.

    This furthers that. The idea that the game is 'definitely survivor sided' because survivors are given options to counter some objectively game-breaking concepts, despite these counters failing to pull killrates to decent values, shows where your bar for balance lies.

    Anything the survivors get, is apparently way too much.

    You're also flat incorrect about DBD being the only game to do this. In fact, off the top of my head, DBD does this less than at least two other games in its genre. Carnival Hunt has stronger anti-tunnel, basekit, and TCSM designed its way around some of these problems and made them flat-out impossible.

    If anything, DBD is holding the killers' hands by refusing to address the issue properly and giving them as much leeway to break the game however they wish, before dumping the onus of dealing with it on the side that's suffering from it to begin with.

    A truly survivor-sided game wouldn't clog the survivors' loadouts with perks that only function at the killer's discretion. It'd give you basekit DS, basekit unbreakable, basekit anti-camp that actually works. But BHVR has given them none of that. There was one attempt, which got the quickest shut-down in the game's history, all because the developers are so focused on keeping the killers happy.

    But they can't be appeased.

    Because killers put the bar at a 100% winrate.

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102753#Comment_4102753

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DAJFU49L6IET/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QYYH084UI6IC/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TG6G442AURY1/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DHP69D710ESK/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E56DLV6IADW9/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O3RUFASF0C05/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/96I2Z5DJTGED/image.png

    Yeah, game is totally survivor sided right now. Every escape that page shows is a DC. No one escaped me.

    My poor opponenst didn't know that.

    I am getting merciless after merciless after merciless. You can't make this up.

    I can't defend statement that game is survivior sided if stats are like this. This is ridiculous.

    Killer is easiest it has ever been and that's the fact. Everyone that is struggling to get 60% winrate is doing something wrong.

    Yet on nightlight no killer even breaks 60% which is the stated goal of the devs. Just because your doing okay doesnt mean the role as a whole is doing okay. Alot of wins come from dcing survivors as well as altruistic survivors making dumb plays to save a teammate who could have stayed on the ground for 20 more seconds or on the hook for 6p second before saving them.

  • @albertoplus said:

    I dont really understand the purpose of these blatant "us vs them" posts. It seems that their only purpose is to make one side fight the other one.

    Both killers and survivors gets their strongest (and sometimes not the strongest) options nerfed. Both sides gets buffed on some options. The developers also make horrible mistakes by changing things that they do not need to be changed for both sides.

    And i say this as a person who thinks that the developers have more bias to survivors.

    The devs are objectively survivor biast with how they talk on stream using litteraly us vs them when talking about survivor and killer respectively. As well calling a blatant buff to the survivor role in pallet density a "quality of life" change. On top they demonize stratages they promote with how they make survivor perks activating on hook making slugging more viable sense you dont need to deal with most of the strongest perks in the game. As well money survivors just bring in more money sense they are the majority of the player base and all survivors are just skins at the end of the day.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102777#Comment_4102777

    i hardly agree that current invocations aren't very good. It's the travel time and invoking time that sets it's weakness and that's in most lucky scenario where you are not spot by killer or disrupted. Weaving spiders suffers the same, 20s into basement, 60s invoking and boom you couldve done a gen by that time and what you get? 10 charges of remaining gens while left team in 3v1 scenario plus you will now be vulnerable target. I believe they can remove broken and the perk would still be awfull. That doesn't mean it can't get better. Being injured and broken shoul never be something you get for such a stuff. Even shoulder the burden only causes short exposed. If they remove the broken and increase aura on treacherous crows along with giving survivors calm spirit the invocations might be actually very decent, not meta but fine.

    I feel like that went over your head...

    Spies from the shadows is a killer perk.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102758#Comment_4102758

    Yet on nightlight no killer even breaks 60% which is the stated goal of the devs. Just because your doing okay doesnt mean the role as a whole is doing okay. Alot of wins come from dcing survivors as well as altruistic survivors making dumb plays to save a teammate who could have stayed on the ground for 20 more seconds or on the hook for 6p second before saving them.

    Nightlight isn't official.

    This was last official info:

    image.png
  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102780#Comment_4102780

    The devs are objectively survivor biast with how they talk on stream using litteraly us vs them when talking about survivor and killer respectively. As well calling a blatant buff to the survivor role in pallet density a "quality of life" change. On top they demonize stratages they promote with how they make survivor perks activating on hook making slugging more viable sense you dont need to deal with most of the strongest perks in the game. As well money survivors just bring in more money sense they are the majority of the player base and all survivors are just skins at the end of the day.

    No, they are not. Too many killers are untouched even tho surviviors report problems with them.

    Pallet density isn't a problem for killers who actually know how to zone people.
    Everything comes to killers experience and skill. If you spend more time in game you will be good killer.

    Did you play before 6.1.0?

    They don't demonize strategies.
    Those strategies were kept reported by players as problematic and unfun so they try to act upon this.

    You make the same points as people like truetalent, mintskull etc.
    Do you watch them by any chance?

  • You're so brave for responding to the same ignorant points you're getting in thie thread.

    I respect it.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102813#Comment_4102813

    You're so brave for responding to the same ignorant points you're getting in thie thread.

    I respect it.

    Oh well, I saw this guy in different threads too.
    Definitely very biased towards killer side.

    Thing with those people they are using nightlight as a info source all the time.
    Nightlight shows minority of community stats and shouldn't be considered in such threads.

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102806#Comment_4102806

    No, they are not. Too many killers are untouched even tho surviviors report problems with them.

    Pallet density isn't a problem for killers who actually know how to zone people.
    Everything comes to killers experience and skill. If you spend more time in game you will be good killer.

    Did you play before 6.1.0?

    They don't demonize strategies.
    Those strategies were kept reported by players as problematic and unfun so they try to act upon this.

    You make the same points as people like truetalent, mintskull etc.
    Do you watch them by any chance?

    I dont watch them regularly I watch mints video on killer anxiety but no clue who true truetalent is I mostly watch epidemi.

    The reported things were just from a bad survey where it was just survivor problems with 0 killer problems. As well I did play before 6.10 I got into dbd because of ghost face.

    And yes they demonize slugging calling it evil with the evil skill merchant. They also that same stream said people on avrage only stayed on the ground around 30 seconds so less then half a hook state yet the want to remove slugging as an option for killers. Because they have tried twice alteady I wont be surprised if they try it again.

    And if survivors spend time learning how to play against the killers and not just dcing after first down we wouldnt have the DC epidemic still.

    Also reporting problems when they have counterplay that just needs learned isnt a valid reason to nerf a killer sorry.

  • So you can use a tiny sample size but because night light only uses more people's accounts then one but not all accounts we cant use it?

    Also im sorry why doesnt behavior show all the states at all times they have all this data they clearly dont know hot to read shown by not understand why the pigs map has the most slugging its noy rocket science i think we all know why.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102658#Comment_4102658

    It really doesnt. According to Killer Mains at least. When Event Modes are killer-sided, the first thing Killers say is that they are just fun gamemodes which are not supposed to be balanced.

    Then there is one time where a survivor-sided gamemode (10th anniversary) is around and THEN it is a huge issue? Come on.

    People like you cannot just discard favouring one side as "Just a gamemode, you dont have to play it" and make it a huge problem when it favours the "wrong" side at the same time.

    well I would mention if events affected things on the killer side, but they don’t more often than not.

    The only thing that comes to mind is the void and haunts from the Halloween mode being inspiration for the judgements exile and Vecna 1 skeletons.

    I sure I missed something. I would genuinely be interested to find out what got added from previous events to killers, may it be power inspiration or perk inspiration.

    this isn’t me defending killer sided events or attacking survivors sided ones, I was just pointing out that the events can and DO have an affect on the regular 1v4 game, it just happens when things get implemented from an event it tends to be implemented for survivors, which would make sense considering killers have entire power and add ons going for them already.


    edit: I guess we can probably throw in event items and add ons too, blighted serum was pretty busted on some killers back in the day and even more so on survivors with old syringes, survivors also got firecrackers (eventually made into flashbang), and generally the event items are all the best versions of the item for cheap, some event get bonuses; like the blood map from blood moon is super nice because on top of facilitating totem builds and the everything else it does, you basically get empathy for free which no other map gets and it’s been my best friend considering all the hex builds running around.
    All of these you could freely use in the regular 1v4 game which did, and still does to a lesser extent, inherently affect balance.

  • @Domicci said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4102815#Comment_4102815

    I dont watch them regularly I watch mints video on killer anxiety but no clue who true truetalent is I mostly watch epidemi.

    The reported things were just from a bad survey where it was just survivor problems with 0 killer problems. As well I did play before 6.10 I got into dbd because of ghost face.

    And yes they demonize slugging calling it evil with the evil skill merchant. They also that same stream said people on avrage only stayed on the ground around 30 seconds so less then half a hook state yet the want to remove slugging as an option for killers. Because they have tried twice alteady I wont be surprised if they try it again.

    And if survivors spend time learning how to play against the killers and not just dcing after first down we wouldnt have the DC epidemic still.

    Also reporting problems when they have counterplay that just needs learned isnt a valid reason to nerf a killer sorry.

    I've heard that they acted upon uninstall survey, which mostly were survivior complains - killers slugging, tunneling and camping.

    I can't point out exact source tho, so take it with a grain of salt.

    You see, that's why I know you watch content creators - they were mad and used words like "demonizing slugging with skull merchant". They were using those same exact words and arguments.

    Yes, slugging is very bad. That's why knock out got reworked and coulrophobia is getting nerfs now.
    This kind of gameplay is boring, unsatisfying and miserable. Especially on solo queue.
    Slugging needs to be addressed. What they are doing is a good thing.

    Big killer mains said that pallets save was the problem that killers tended to slug (especially on gideon) and now that's not a problem anymore - killer's hitbox can succesfully block surviviors "drop pallet" prompt.

    Only occasional slugging for pressure is fine. People were slugging intentionally to bleed people out and this gameplay needed to go.

    People DC because it's unfun for them, they have every right to do so.
    You can't force people to do what they don't want to do, that's just how world works.
    We should be reviewing this issue from the different point - we need to look into why people are DCing.
    If people will not have a reason to DC, they won't, it's that simple.
    Not enjoying ghoul or jason is valid, DC against plague, doctor or clown is valid.

1 2 3 4 5