What would make you play more often as killer?
There are probably some of you who would play more matches as a killer if it weren't for certain things...
I'd like to know what would need to change so that you guys would play killer more often. ![]()
That could be more bloodpoints, a rework of a specific perk/item/add-on...
Please share your thoughts with us!
Comments
Than there was the "moment" when it became IN to be toxic as survivor. They didn't hide in fear anymore. It became fun to search the killer and juke, 360, teabag and or blend him permanently. This moment was the moment when it became stressful and annoying to play killer.
Like the others here it's no more fun for me to play killer. I could play 4-5 hours as survivor with no probs. As Killer I'm stressed out after 3-4 games.
I think more BP for killers won't solve the problem. Maybe the needed time for gens should be adjusted to the killers rank. For example the actual time at Rank 20 and every 5 Ranks it should last 5 seconds longer per gen. The adjustment to the killer rank would ignore swf groups with different ranks so there it shouldn't be that difficult to change.
Another possibility is to change the bloodlust mechanic. Maybe it should be tested how the gamebalance works if the bloodlust won't reset during a chase.
Summary: as long as it's more stress than fun to play killer I ll stay survivor main.
I wish there was a rating system at the end of a game that would factor into match making
to keep the toxic people together.
That would be very cool if the rating at the end would be used like that.
Or another thumb up/down and that too for matchmaking.
I can't play Killer any more than i do now, having changed to being a 100% main.
More rewards.
Sadly we play a game where killer is afraid of survivors ...
This event 'cause I feel bad for survivors' long waiting times
Matches aren’t determined by you, but by survivors. Which really sucks.
But your main problem is the advantage that SWF groups have compared to solo survivors, correct?
If SWF was balanced, you wouldn't mind the occasional tbagging from SWFs or solos that much?
i play killer more then survivor before
and now i don't want to touch killer at all bc of those toxic stuff
I'm not playing killer right now because they get far less coins on average than a survivor for the Moonrise event.
What includes toxic stuff for you? Is it getting DS'ed multiple times or is it "only" tbagging and flashlight click-click?
Balanced game, less survivor toxicity, an end to looping.
Outside of that, I want games to feel balanced. They should be balanced around SWF with voice, around how big/numerous the SWF is, etc.
Or at the least a big fat blood point bonus so I can get an SWF killer build going.
Ya'll say it's so easy to kill SWFs, but ya'll have moris stockpiled, and the best addons stockpiled, and a page or two of rank 3 perks.
I don't have all that. Game gives me trials to kill by my own hand with cypress moris. ######### a.
Either balance SWF groups by giving them a handicap of some sorts, or reward the killer more for playing against them. I don't mind the added difficulty as long as I get something out of it.
Make a timer that starts as soon as all gens are done that reduces the playing field or somehow threatens the survivors so the last one doesn't crouch around the map looking for the hatch.
And besides the event?
It was more a general question what would people get motivated to play more games as killer.
Having unlimited common or uncommon addons, ngl.
I need something to make me want to play the game more often
Incentives for ranking up, and gaining levels/devotion, currently no reason to besides
Only thing ranking up does is get you matches with "better players", I use that lightly
I see the game in my library, debate if I want to bother, see if an event is going on. If event is on, I avoid the game like it's the plague. If there is no event, it's basically a coin toss.
No compelling reason to play
While On the other hand it feels more fun to know that because of you someone else Survived the trial.. Stealth gameplay and so on .. maybe if they added a Game mode with Several killers or Someone controling the entity from another Realm that'd be fun I think and make me want to play killer more . I always wonder why some killer offerings say stacks underneath when there is only one killer anyways maybe the devs planning something who knows but i doubt it.
-------------------------------------
In short words surviving as a group feels more fun than winning on your own.
Balance the game with comms in mind.
Rework the end game so games cannot go on for hours once the gate is open.
Make the hatch less appealing. It's supposed to be a last chance, not a reward.
Fix the sound.
Fix it so it's not a slideshow on consoles.
Fix totem placements.
New players think they have to git gud. Because survivors tell them.
After a longer time most killer mains realize that it's not a getting gud thing.
They then either switch to survivor as M.Cote recommended or play a different game.
Survivor mains claim that they don't care that killers leave left and right. But the long queues tell a different story.
The game is almost always on sale for 9,99$/€/£ to desperately attract fresh meat.
On top of that, survivors make ridiculous wishes like temp bans for lobby dodging.
They don't realize that killers just don't enjoy their gameplay.
But since survivors are the larger group, they can easily review bomb and force the devs to act in their favor.
And exactly that is what I m missing in many threads here. The insight that when there are no killer anymore there are no survivors needed and the game is gone.
Because survivors review bombed.
No buff in sight. It has been over a year since the devs recognized that they acted to fast.
This sums a lot of issues up.
Dead by Daylight has always been about the people playing survivors. Catering to the majority and making sure they're happy is what's generating revenue to Behavior. Just look at the store fodder for the original survivors and the free survivors compared to the killers of the same area.
You kind of describe what is happening right now. At least on PS4, there is an obvious lack of people playing killer so that the waiting times for survivors are super high.
People explain why they don't play a lot of killer or no killer at all. The devs need to take action and make some changes. If they don't, the number of killer players will continue to decrease.
Nerf decisive strike
thats all
Give me the option to play with a friend too. It just feels like ######### knowing survivors are having a good time in discord while you're sitting there alone.
Yes to the DS nerf.
Do you think the same about insta-heals ?
Also stops NOED. 2 Birds one stone.
I play them somewhat equally outside of it, though I wish I could endlessly use certain addon combinations on a few killers.
Examples:
-6 Jigsaw box Pig
-Full Phase Walk speed Spirit
-XXXtra dark traps Trapper
That's because besides Nurse and maybe Billy, the killers are in general too weak to be played without add-ons. Some killers are so weak that you would need strong add-ons as base kit, to be fair.
(And aren't Trapper's tar bottles still bugged? I thought the devs haven't fixed them yet.)
I don't think addons are required so much as perks are. I get along just fine on Pig, Hag, Huntress, and Spirit with crappy addons. Nurse, Freddy, and Myers are some of the few that need them more than not, though.
Less dc's and decisives would help, and i don't mean removing DS, i mean not having more than 2 DS per match.
BHVR should stop messing around and finally give us 8/6v2, it's not that hard.
I know a lot of people would like to see this mode but it would not work, I'm afraid.
Works in a ######### mobile game yet BHVR can't implement it on a PC game.
It's not like the current system is working very well either btw judging by how many killer players will dodge/cheese and quit the game, I have never seen such toxicity anywhere else, not even in league.
I play it a ton as of right now. But, I'd love it if they reworked NOED completely.
A second way to sacrifice survivors would be nice. I feel like the hook is cool, but I wish there was more creativity in your sacrificing them.
I'd really love at least 2 more ways to sacrifice a survivor....they could use the same algorithm they use for hooks to simply work for all 2-3 sacrificing types so you don't have like 8 hooks, 7 altars, 6 pits, etc. And then set a minimum of 2 of each sacrificial type.
That is genuinely the most disappointing thing about killer for me. It just feels more repetitive then survivor.
My heart doesn't pound as killer. I find it quite relaxing. I'm not the best but I was at rank 5 before the reset.
If you have an idea for a NOED rework, you could open a thread for that.
I just waited for a lobby at rank 11 for 10 minutes before finding a game... After rank reset.
Already have I got another where people became super toxic but I won't show that. Here's the nice thread. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40172/reasonable-nerfs-to-noed-and-adrenaline-but-a-buff-to-brutal-strength-and-deja-vu#latest