Punishing killers for completing their objective?

So killer is getting severely punished for completing their objective? I get that being tunneled sucks, and I personally try to avoid it, but if the same survivor is playing poorly/annoyingly and constantly coming into contact with me, I shouldn’t have to pretend I don’t see them like I’m playing hide and seek with a 3 year old.i could understand adding the survivor buffs that help escape unhook scenarios, but adding the severe handicapping of a killer if they tunnel is just going to turn those defensive buffs into offensive weapons to use against the killer without fear of ramifications. I am supposed to hunt and hook survivors, why am I being told not to do my objective? When will they do the same for survivors? Having three gens pop as the first hook is happening is just as unfun as being tunneled but you can’t fault the survivors for working toward their objective. When do we get the update of free ruin if they pop 2 gens within a minute of each other? Why not automatically kick survivors off gens and prevent them from being worked on for 90 seconds when one gets completed? Just seems drastically tone deaf to say “your sole objective is to hook survivors, but don’t do it too well or I’m going to kneecap you so the survivors don’t have to learn how to play the game better”.

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992423#Comment_3992423

    it would make far more sense to wait for some actual numbers.

    Wait for numbers”…


    But is it really just about numbers? Even if BHVR handed killers some kind of bigger advantage to win matches (which won’t happen, because the so-called buffs killers get are a joke compared to what strong groups squeeze out of their “goodies”)… Even then, the killer gets punished simply for not sitting back and watching a survivor team play ULTRA bad and make awful mistakes, without reacting to it. Survivors get to walk away from situations completely for free, where they absolutely should’ve faced consequences for their garbage playstyle – just because the killer “isn’t supposed to.”

    So what now, the killer isn’t allowed to actually be a killer? Or to be smart? The logic behind this is insane. Survivors keep getting more tools to play badly without consequence, while killers get punished for reacting smartly. That’s wild. No other PvP game works like this – you don’t give bad players a boost and a bunch of cotton candy while shackling the ones who are actually playing well.

    The logic behind this is insane.

    Why?

    As has been covered multiple times, this isn't unique. Survivors get penalized by doing their objective (gen penalties, reduced number of gens, windows blocking, etc.) This is not just a normal thing for this game, but its a normal element of many games to give pros and cons to various strategies to the approach of an objective. DbD's an asym which people never seem to get.

    Survivors would have just totally taken away the ability to tunnel. Despite the claims of people about BHVR, they seem very much to want to keep it an element of the game.

  • Hu? Usually someone dies around 2 gens (killer/team/map/perks depending). There’s still tons of play left: rotate, trade, rescue, endgame. The first dude just gets front-loaded interaction — doesn’t mean the others don’t get any.

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992643#Comment_3992643

    They can, and they will. I’ll still play the way I play under the new rules. And I hope a lot of killers follow — swaps to top killers included. Plenty feel the same: never had an issue with tunneling before, but with these changes? We adapt. We min-max the meta. Expect more Nurse/Blight.

    Here's the thing:

    None of us care how you play.

    We've gone through these threats before. People will quit and/or just play S tiers. It never happens. I run into chill killers, I run into sweaty killers, whatever killer has just been released / updated gets the most play, and I play killer and have no concerns about playing under the new rules.

    You're allowed to play however you want. But we've been hearing the threats for years from people who were playing sweaty that they'd somehow play more sweaty and the community, broadly, never follows them. We're over the cries of 'wolf' and hopefully BHVR is to.

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992534#Comment_3992534

    And? That’s always been the game. Learn it. Learn to chase. Hold the tunnel. Buy your team time. If an opponent on equal skill tunnels you: take the fight. Fight back. Especially when a bad killer tunnels a bad survivor — that survivor learns a lot about the map, the resources they have, and how to actually use them.

    That’s literally how everyone started out in DBD. Back then I even ran the old Object of Obsession for a long time — where killer and survivor could see each other permanently, no cooldown. And yup, I went down. I went down a lot. But I kept going down until I finally learned how not to, how to extend a chase, how to improve.

    Getting better is part of PvP games. Staying stuck in the ‘but that’s not fair’ mindset, refusing to improve, and then demanding changes from your own unwillingness to learn

    Getting better is part of PvP games. Staying stuck in the ‘but that’s not fair’ mindset, refusing to improve, and then demanding changes from your own unwillingness to learn

    Maybe killer mains might want to try considering that advice when it comes to this update.

  • @MDRSan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992540#Comment_3992540

    Getting better is part of PvP games. Staying stuck in the ‘but that’s not fair’ mindset, refusing to improve, and then demanding changes from your own unwillingness to learn

    Maybe killer mains might want to try considering that advice when it comes to this update.

    Lucky for me I’m not a "killer main"

    Steam Community: Steam Artwork.
  • What is that supposed to show us?  A P100 Taurie?  That doesn't tell us anything.  You can get that without playing Survivor.

  • @XboxPlayur said:

    So killer is getting severely punished for completing their objective? I get that being tunneled sucks, and I personally try to avoid it, but if the same survivor is playing poorly/annoyingly and constantly coming into contact with me, I shouldn’t have to pretend I don’t see them like I’m playing hide and seek with a 3 year old.i could understand adding the survivor buffs that help escape unhook scenarios, but adding the severe handicapping of a killer if they tunnel is just going to turn those defensive buffs into offensive weapons to use against the killer without fear of ramifications. I am supposed to hunt and hook survivors, why am I being told not to do my objective? When will they do the same for survivors? Having three gens pop as the first hook is happening is just as unfun as being tunneled but you can’t fault the survivors for working toward their objective. When do we get the update of free ruin if they pop 2 gens within a minute of each other? Why not automatically kick survivors off gens and prevent them from being worked on for 90 seconds when one gets completed? Just seems drastically tone deaf to say “your sole objective is to hook survivors, but don’t do it too well or I’m going to kneecap you so the survivors don’t have to learn how to play the game better”.

    Remember it's a game. Games need to be fun and balanced for BOTH sides to have fun. As a survivor being found first and relentlessly tunneled out of the game, was zero fun for the entire survivor team. The person getting deleted didn't have fun, and if that death occurs at 4 or 5 gens the match is over.

    If the proposed bonuses make these matches somewhat competitive, and less likely to occur then its probably worth trying. Something has to be done. There is a reason that killer queues are increasing. When I started survivor was arguably WILDLY overpowered, and their queues reflected that. It wasn't uncommon for a 15 minute queue at 8pm for survivor matches.

    I'm not sure that even now, at elite play, that survivor still isn't the stronger side. I wouldn't know, I am not an elite player. My matches include a bunch of fools trying to have fun. This gets ruined by at least one DC or suicide to game exit. LIterally, 75% of my matches have a bot. The code is buggy, but not THAT buggy.

  • @MDRSan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992540#Comment_3992540

    Getting better is part of PvP games. Staying stuck in the ‘but that’s not fair’ mindset, refusing to improve, and then demanding changes from your own unwillingness to learn

    Maybe killer mains might want to try considering that advice when it comes to this update.

    This applies to both sides

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992700#Comment_3992700

    What is that supposed to show us?  A P100 Taurie?  That doesn't tell us anything.  You can get that without playing Survivor.

    y got only Taurie and Claudette at P100; everyone else sits around P10. I need the BP on killer for add-ons anyway.
    but the old red prestige backgrounds are from back in the day — the pre-2021 grind? with the old bloodweb? Thousands of hours on surv before the rework this system?

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992054#Comment_3992054

    uh?

    I mean… why?

    It’s not a threat, it’s just a consequence.

    Survivors asked for their goodies — they got their goodies — and they didn’t care that it ruined the killer experience for M1 killers and the weaker killers who have to rely on slugging and tunneling. They also didn’t care that it took away the killer’s ability to respond to certain survivor group plays.

    Some lobbies were already brutal with the current killer kits, but still fun to play because I had my counter-pressure tools.

    The survivor community didn’t care what that meant for killer gameplay — they wanted their goodies, they got them.

    idk..

    I’m fine with it. They got what they wanted. But I’m not going into matches just to lose and entertain certain survivor groups, giving them their free “ez tutorial killer and now watch me leave” moment at the exit. Nah. I’ll accept the change. I’ll adapt so that I can still have fun with the update myself.

    and at the moment i just warm up for this a bit :D

    But huh? Why does that make the game “unfun”? Survivors wanted the change, not me. I’m confused. Do they actually not enjoy what they asked for after all? They got their anti-tunnel, anti-slug, all of it. And still not happy? Just because the killer doesn’t play the way they want?

    I think you're under the false impression that survivors complain about tunneling because they dislike losing and think they'll always win if the killer is forced to stop tunneling. You're wrong.

    Survivors complain about tunneling because they dislike tunneling. When you say that you'll adjust your playstyle so you win without tunneling, a vast majority of survivors will be happy with that.

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992230#Comment_3992230

    I think you're under the false impression that survivors complain about tunneling because they dislike losing and think they'll always win if the killer is forced to stop tunneling. You're wrong.

    Survivors complain about tunneling because they dislike tunneling. When you say that you'll adjust your playstyle so you win without tunneling, a vast majority of survivors will be happy with that.

    ofc they’ll be happy. they can keep playing bad without learning anything and still have a ‘good time.’ all the stuff that makes tunneling a big topic stays: unsafe unhooks, instant unhooks, just cooky healing under hook and resetting instead of smart reposition -> bad pathing after unhook, basically no gamesense. gen greed goes on; why kite to a smart zone where a hook makes tunneling maximally uninteresting/inefficient for the killer, when you can just sit on the spawn gen till the last second, go down there, and gift the killer a defendable area and a free re-engage.

    survivors don’t want to put in effort, learn macrogameplay, hold good chases, or play smart/considered so tunneling becomes irrelevant and inefficient by itself. the majority just wants safety nets for bad play, with the killer as the party clown who’s supposed to blindly ignore every throw happening around the hook. and if he actually reacts, he eats a penalty. even if you can sometimes compensate—why is the killer getting punished for survivor misplays?

    where’s this game headed if it’s just safety nets now? you load in as survivor and bring everything to deny the killer any momentum/pressure—insta-heals, flashies, whatever—stack the right perks to give him a hard time and deny pressure, and uhm.. y , you’re a real threat as long as you can use those tools. that’s part of it. but it’s also part of it that if the killer catches you and the window is there, he gets to take you out—especially if you’ve already denied him a ton of pressure. that’s normal. the killer should be allowed to pick the easiest target or the biggest threat, situationally. if you bring the heat, you accept the heat coming back.

    and what’s the point if the killer isn’t allowed to take pressure back off me—even if it’s a hard tunnel? i’m fine with it. i queue to fight, not for cuddle time on both sides

    let the killer tunnel and focus—it forces survivors to actually play: learn stable chases, do safe unhooks, reposition, fix your pathing, bodyblock, trade, manage info. bubble-wrap just rewards bad fundamentals (unsafe saves, healing under hook, gen greed) and deletes learning.
    tunneling isn’t uncounterable: take safe unhook angles, set up off-positions, swap zones, team bodyblock, plan heal/reset routes, shift pressure across the map. when those basics are tight, tunneling gets expensive and risky—which is exactly the point

    but yes.. I KNOW, i know that

    "a vast majority of survivors will be happy with that."

    and this survivors don’t want to learn or improve and they don’t want the killer to be an actual threat. that’s fine. but some of us aren’t here to be casual entertainment or a content farm or to babysit after-work lobbies that just wanna hop in and mash m1 — we’re here to be a competitive threat.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992645#Comment_3992645

    Here's the thing:

    None of us care how you play.

    We've gone through these threats before. People will quit and/or just play S tiers. It never happens. I run into chill killers, I run into sweaty killers, whatever killer has just been released / updated gets the most play, and I play killer and have no concerns about playing under the new rules.

    You're allowed to play however you want. But we've been hearing the threats for years from people who were playing sweaty that they'd somehow play more sweaty and the community, broadly, never follows them. We're over the cries of 'wolf' and hopefully BHVR is to.

    Do you remember how long queues were during the MFT meta?

  • Yeah, they were pretty normal. Survivors had a wait around peak hours, killers had the wait most other times. I remember it pretty well because I'm one of those who plays whichever side has the BP bonus and I got to play both sides during that period.

    You've got to go back to pre-6.1 for any types of queues on the survivor like killers have experienced more recently.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3991706#Comment_3991706

    I don’t wanna lose the option to punish bad, dumb, super greedy, brazen, miserable survivor plays… without being punished myself and just handing them a free ride. Not happening. Not in my lobbies.

    You can still punish bad plays.

    Both sides make mistakes in games. Different mistakes have differing levels of penalties associated with them. I'm sure survivors thought it was great when killers made the mistake of chasing them into an infinite.

    So yup, I’ll just stick to top killers running full meta. Straight tunnel at 5 gens

    You still can, nothing is stopping you.

    We’re gonna have sooo much fun, aren’t we?

    I mean you were tunneling before, and you're going to be tunneling now. You're apparently having fun, all the survivor experience can do from here is go up.

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked? Sure, the killer made a bad play, but now we need a game mechanic to help out the killer. That's what this anti-tunnel is doing.

    Also, while I am a P100 Pig main on killer side, I am also a P65 Jill Valentine Main on Survivor. When someone in a match is tunneled, it's usually me. So I get how frustrating being tunneled is. I am still absolutely against these changes.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3991727#Comment_3991727

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked? Sure, the killer made a bad play, but now we need a game mechanic to help out the killer. That's what this anti-tunnel is doing.

    Also, while I am a P100 Pig main on killer side, I am also a P65 Jill Valentine Main on Survivor. When someone in a match is tunneled, it's usually me. So I get how frustrating being tunneled is. I am still absolutely against these changes.

    + thanks.. I mean ... The infinite argument is already garbage, because an infinite by definition can’t be broken if it’s run perfectly. If both sides play perfect, the killer has zero chance to win it.
    Hard tunneling? Even there, if you put two perfectly playing sides against each other, survivors are still favored. A hard tunnel with most killers would actually be a survivor win if both sides played flawlessly.
    Ye, I know nobody plays perfect — but you don’t have to. In every tournament people tunnel hard (even with ruleset and perk limitations on survivors), and survivors still win often.
    So comparing infinites to tunneling is just a bad take — infinites were literal unwinnables, tunneling isn’t

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3991727#Comment_3991727

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked? Sure, the killer made a bad play, but now we need a game mechanic to help out the killer. That's what this anti-tunnel is doing.

    Also, while I am a P100 Pig main on killer side, I am also a P65 Jill Valentine Main on Survivor. When someone in a match is tunneled, it's usually me. So I get how frustrating being tunneled is. I am still absolutely against these changes.

    Nah, that's not it either.

    How about, after a few loops of not catching the survivor, the killer gets an obscene amount of haste. Like 3% is game breaking, so let's go with 5%. Then if they still can't even get a hit, we give them more haste and stack it.

    Man, that would be broken as hell.

  • The tutorial should have included a section earlier on about what happens after being rescued from a hook.

    HUD visualization, hook grab removal, AFC implementation, base kit BT. At this point, if you want to escape the so-called "tunneling" behavior where survivors get rescued consecutively, don't overthink it—just run in the opposite direction of the Killer and escape to an area with boards or window frames. If they'd just added a new section to the tutorial saying something like that, it would solve one beginner's question. Why does Dead by Daylight, as a game, rework its systems to make players who don't even know left from right—players below beginner level—able to hold their own against Killers who have a decent grasp of how to play?

    Why not create additional tutorials as options where players can try out perks like OTR, DS, or DH? Then, at the end, promote DLC and offer Shards as tutorial rewards. While there have been slight improvements since the earliest days, this game isn't teaching beginners how to play. It's strapping on training wheels and protective gear and sending them straight into the fray.

  • @tyantlmumagjiaonuha said:

    The tutorial should have included a section earlier on about what happens after being rescued from a hook.

    HUD visualization, hook grab removal, AFC implementation, base kit BT. At this point, if you want to escape the so-called "tunneling" behavior where survivors get rescued consecutively, don't overthink it—just run in the opposite direction of the Killer and escape to an area with boards or window frames. If they'd just added a new section to the tutorial saying something like that, it would solve one beginner's question. Why does Dead by Daylight, as a game, rework its systems to make players who don't even know left from right—players below beginner level—able to hold their own against Killers who have a decent grasp of how to play?

    Why not create additional tutorials as options where players can try out perks like OTR, DS, or DH? Then, at the end, promote DLC and offer Shards as tutorial rewards. While there have been slight improvements since the earliest days, this game isn't teaching beginners how to play. It's strapping on training wheels and protective gear and sending them straight into the fray.

    Why not create additional tutorials as options where players can try out perks like OTR, DS, or DH? Then, at the end, promote DLC and offer Shards as tutorial rewards.

    That sounds horrendously predatory.

    'Hi, welcome to this game you bought. Here's perks that you need to be able to play. Pay up!'

  • Good point. Towards that end, survivors should no longer leave scratch marks, there should be no repair noises or claxons when the exit gate is being opened, no totem cleansing sounds, chest opening sounds, healing sounds, footsteps, breathing…

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992567#Comment_3992567

    And when people just sit on gens… uwhm… and what then? I’m allowed to down them, slug them again, then go look for the last one? And then they just get up for free and it keeps going? without the other person has a bit to give away his position to get the slugged one can crawl and recover and is back up? then the same again. : down and repeat. down and repeat. Whup whup, amazing design.

    and even if it happen that both hide..

    I, as killer, am supposed to abandon in a match I’ve already won? Ew. Sense? Logic? Hello?? Anyone home?

    I mean.

    that situation already exists right now. Not too bad. But as soon as I catch one..

    It’s not “if,” it’s the slug that often gives you the last survivor. That’s literally how you secure the cleanup.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992572#Comment_3992572

    ehw. .. uhm..… which apparently means waiting for some random RNG black hole to spawn and then dice-rolling who stumbles on it first… in a match I already won? Ye, in what world does that make sense? Sure as hell not in mine :/

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992572#Comment_3992572

    Gonna be real: a slug brings way more pressure. A hard tunnel brings way more pressure.
    Chasing a fresh unhook? The team feels zero pressure. No one bodyblocks, no one risks a save, everybody just leans back into M1 simulator. They know there’s no threat, so they adapt: less healing, less resetting, more greed. Why bother helping when there’s no chance the killer actually snowballs off a mistake?

    And that’s the core issue — remove the fear of a hard tunnel and survivors take dumb risks way earlier and way more often. sit injured on gens, swarm first chase with all their toys. If nothing gets punished, everything gets tried.

    or on the other side..:

    NThe flashy BP enjoyer knows the killer puts themselves at a disadvantage the second they commit to sweating him out. So he goes super aggro on first down — because what’s the downside? If there’s no real snowball threat, he flips the coin every time.

    Exactly like in my Nurse clip, page 1: first chase at 5 gens and they’re all there. One with a flashy, one with flashbang, one with sabo. Two running Background Player, three rocking Unbreakable. They only failed to build momentum because it was Nurse. With almost any other killer, that exact situation turns into hard snowball → hard tunnel. That’s just how pressure works.

    So yeah, when the killer fresh-hook chases, the team gets a free pass to play super aggressiv. (even more as tey already do) N. When slugging and tunneling actually exist as consequences, the team has to respect chases: rotate, trade smart, reset, think. Otherwise it’s just four people speedrunning greed with training wheels or have THEIR fun time with the killer because they have to fear less consequences

    If mistakes don’t carry hard consequences, survivors will gladly make more of them. That’s not “depth,” that’s taking the pressure valve off

    I'm sorry but there's nothing that can be done about that level of entitlement. It's a PVP game—it can't revolve entirely around one role without any consequences.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992622#Comment_3992622

    And regardless—even if BHVR handed me every tool to win faster or easier, that’s not the point. I’m not BHVR’s court jester sent in to entertain survivor stacks. I’m the Killer.

    It's a PvP game, you're not the only player there. BHVR has a right to set the rules as they see fit, and if the way you play breaks the fundamental enjoyment of the game, they have every reason to implement changes.

    The game only works so long as it's engaging. If it no longer is, it must change.

    Dammit, you beat me to it lmao

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3991727#Comment_3991727

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked? Sure, the killer made a bad play, but now we need a game mechanic to help out the killer. That's what this anti-tunnel is doing.

    Also, while I am a P100 Pig main on killer side, I am also a P65 Jill Valentine Main on Survivor. When someone in a match is tunneled, it's usually me. So I get how frustrating being tunneled is. I am still absolutely against these changes.

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked

    1: So we're shifting the argument. It's no longer 'it's insane to punish people for doing the objective, that would never to happen to survivors', its 'this type of punishment for survivors doing the objective was fine, but the proposed issue is too severe'.

    Which means we're back in boring balance discussion territory and everyone can put their pitchforks away.

    2: To actually make the example comparable you'd need to add:

    And as compensation when survivors leave a loop instead of three vaulting it they gain a haste boost.

  • The problem is, you can't collect that 400k if the people shelling out the 100k all leave.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993184#Comment_3993184

    that is true, but i doubt they will… they "only" need 1/4th

    I disagree. I think that BHVR are largely going to push these updates through despite the almost universal backlash, and survivor queues are going to hit 10 minutes by Halloween. Especially since the killer looks kinda garbage.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993206#Comment_3993206

    I disagree. I think that BHVR are largely going to push these updates through despite the almost universal backlash, and survivor queues are going to hit 10 minutes by Halloween. Especially since the killer looks kinda garbage.

    I really hope this happens. Watching the community-wide fallout and sheer blind panic from BHVR would be absolutely hilarious.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992616#Comment_3992616

    I'm sorry but there's nothing that can be done about that level of entitlement. It's a PVP game—it can't revolve entirely around one role without any consequences.

    yes, right.

    you can’t tune the game for survivors who don’t want to learn and expect no fallout. it can’t be about one role only. 100%, agreed

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992658#Comment_3992658

    seeing the last hooked still dosnt help killer keep track to avoid getting a kill before the 6th hook

    Tunneling is meta because an early kill basically wins you the game.

    All of these arguments are basically just saying that people don't understand why tunneling early enough wins you the game. Because it's not due to regression, it's "you eliminated a survivor".

    So instead of one on hook, one going for rescue, one in chase, and one on gens, they can only do 3 of the 4 things when one dies. Which means that juggling survivors removes the only optional task: gens.

    If you think you need an early tunnel and regression, then you're probably someone who relies way too heavily on game stall, and not enough on really any other area of the game (game sense or information, game knowledge and counterplay, not looping tightly or correctly, not zoning, not paying attention to details).

    The attention to details is literally hooks. This really isn't that hard. As someone who tracked enemy ultimately charge in overwatch, back when there were 6 players to track and (still today) zero outward indicators of progress, tracking hooks is way, way simpler.

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993066#Comment_3993066

    yes, right.

    you can’t tune the game for survivors who don’t want to learn and expect no fallout. it can’t be about one role only. 100%, agreed

    Your hypocrisy is showing.  You keep talking about how Survivors should learn while you're refusing to learn how to deal with the upcoming changes.  Instead, your only response is to keep tunneling and slugging with Nurse and Blight.

    But by all means, go ahead and do that.  If enough players follow suit, maybe Nurse and Blight will get the Skull Merchant treatment.  And then where will that leave us?

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993291#Comment_3993291

    Your hypocrisy is showing.  You keep talking about how Survivors should learn while you're refusing to learn how to deal with the upcoming changes.  Instead, your only response is to keep tunneling and slugging with Nurse and Blight.

    But by all means, go ahead and do that.  If enough players follow suit, maybe Nurse and Blight will get the Skull Merchant treatment.  And then where will that leave us?

    Balance isn’t “one role gets to play sloppy wile the other is forced to look away.”
    In asymmetry, learning comes from punishable mistakes and rewarded correct reactions. I’ll adapt—always do. But let’s be honest: rewarding mistakes while taxing correct responses isn’t balance; it’s anti-learning.

    This package hard-bakes forced ignorance: it tells Killer to walk past free value so even the least willing-to-learn teammate-farmer or the no-pathing, camera-off sprinter still has a good time. I’m here to compete, convert pressure, and snowball when it’s handed to me—not to role-play ignoring it.

    What this package teaches is forced ignorance:

    PPL in newer lobbys will NEVER learn:

    • Locker bait in LOS? Free grab → “walk past it.”
    • Post-unhook sprint back into my hitbox with no camera control? “Walk past it.”
    • Unsafe unhook to farm a dead-hook teammate right by the hook? “Walk past it.”
      Because the HUD says: not six red pips yet.

    But no, even the worst yet still ‘brazen’ team is supposed to have their ‘fun fun’ and good time in the match with the killer, without the killer being allowed to respond accordingly.

    Like..:

    Yeaa, we’re trash, but we want our SABO minigame. No chase learning—we’ll just die in upper main. One hook nearby? Perfect. SABO time. Killer picks up again? I body-block, eat the hit, zoom to the next hook and try to start more sabo—big ‘skill,’ btw.

    Killer slugs? Not okay—BHVR pls fix. Killer finally plays like… a killer? Nope, that’s ‘toxic’ and dumb.

    Like this ppl.. They’re awful bad, but if I punish it, suddenly i have to get this ‘the disadvantage’ because: ‘oh no, bad, you’re not supposed to do that

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_b8Z-pz9k

    And no, I don’t mind that a group wants their sabo fun—skipping movement and real chases, going down in upper main to get their sabo plays rolling. That’s legit, part of the game; play how you want. But I’m not accepting any ‘disadvantage’ the moment I respond like a killer

    ‘We gave you other ways to win!’ — cool story. I don’t care.

    This community wants chaos with zero consequences: ‘Let us play bad, but if the killer actually plays like a killer, that has to give him a disadvantage.

    But by all means, go ahead and do that.  If enough players follow suit, maybe Nurse and Blight will get the Skull Merchant treatment.  And then where will that leave us?

    Then i adapt again

    I know what to do against most groups—even on Skully—so they’ll have as little fun as possible in my lobby. The strong squads? I dodge them; they can entertain someone else.

    At that point, it’s about principles.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992891#Comment_3992891

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked

    1: So we're shifting the argument. It's no longer 'it's insane to punish people for doing the objective, that would never to happen to survivors', its 'this type of punishment for survivors doing the objective was fine, but the proposed issue is too severe'.

    Which means we're back in boring balance discussion territory and everyone can put their pitchforks away.

    2: To actually make the example comparable you'd need to add:

    And as compensation when survivors leave a loop instead of three vaulting it they gain a haste boost.

    What? No. You completely missed my point and then went off the rails. Your analogy was bad. Let's just leave it at that, as I don't have the spoons to try to better explain why.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993354#Comment_3993354

    Eeeh what? did you even read what i said? where do you see me advocate for tunneling?? Please stop putting words in my mouth, thank you.

    I am talking about the 6 hook rule as an issue without a hook indicater.

    I used to main killer, but now I mostly play friendly when I do play as killer. I don’t always make it obvious, though. I still sometimes hook survivors, but never more than twice. The problem is, that I sometimes forget who’s been hooked once or twice, so I accidentally kill people now and then.

    Lets say there are 4 survivors A,B,C,D

    • Hook Survivor A
    • Hook Survivor B
    • Hook Survivor A
    • Hook Survivor B

    Now killers have to remember that survivor A is on death hook and they actively have to avoid them, and they can't hook Survivor B either.

    Now imagine a killer that plays sweaty versus a sweaty swf, the stress wont make it easier, and some swf even play as 4 identical survivors, this can only go wrong.

    killers NEED a way to track hook states with this …

    I did read what you said, you seem to not have read my entire post because I address this.

    Knowing hooks is game sense. And that's being hyperbolic because it's literally just memory, since the killer is actively engaged with each hook.

    It's literally the simplest skill check you can give a player. It's also the reason that other things don't exist, such as:

    • Where exit gates are located after the initial aura read is gone (you're expected to remember it)
    • Where gens are located (you're expected to find them and remember it)
    • How maps are laid out and what configurations are available (you're expected to remember it)

    This feature literally shows you the last person hooked also.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993068#Comment_3993068

    What? No. You completely missed my point and then went off the rails. Your analogy was bad. Let's just leave it at that, as I don't have the spoons to try to better explain why.

    Let's just leave it at that, as I don't have the spoons to try to better explain why.

    That's fine, you can leave it if you want, but I never mind another go of explaining

    Your analogy was bad.

    I'm not making an analogy, so it being good or bad is kind of impossible. I'm pointing out a factual issue. So in terms of missing points if you were treating something as an analogy you were already missing the point.

    The post I was responding to that you then replied to claimed that the idea of increasing difficulty or having consequences occur for completing objectives was "insane" (this is not a unique argument on the forums at the moment). I provided a few different examples of survivor things that currently exist in the game (there's killer examples as well) that do just this (and again, this is not unique, I and others have pointed this out on multiple threads).

    You focused on the infinite windows example dropping the others. I pointing out two obvious things.

    1: This is shifting the argument (now this being clearer because you thought I was making an analogy, which I never was)

    2: To compare to what BHVR is currently proposing you'd also have to give the survivor buffs otherwise you aren't actually comparing alike things.

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993381#Comment_3993381

    Balance isn’t “one role gets to play sloppy wile the other is forced to look away.”
    In asymmetry, learning comes from punishable mistakes and rewarded correct reactions. I’ll adapt—always do. But let’s be honest: rewarding mistakes while taxing correct responses isn’t balance; it’s anti-learning.

    This package hard-bakes forced ignorance: it tells Killer to walk past free value so even the least willing-to-learn teammate-farmer or the no-pathing, camera-off sprinter still has a good time. I’m here to compete, convert pressure, and snowball when it’s handed to me—not to role-play ignoring it.

    What this package teaches is forced ignorance:

    PPL in newer lobbys will NEVER learn:

    • Locker bait in LOS? Free grab → “walk past it.”
    • Post-unhook sprint back into my hitbox with no camera control? “Walk past it.”
    • Unsafe unhook to farm a dead-hook teammate right by the hook? “Walk past it.”
      Because the HUD says: not six red pips yet.

    But no, even the worst yet still ‘brazen’ team is supposed to have their ‘fun fun’ and good time in the match with the killer, without the killer being allowed to respond accordingly.

    Like..:

    Yeaa, we’re trash, but we want our SABO minigame. No chase learning—we’ll just die in upper main. One hook nearby? Perfect. SABO time. Killer picks up again? I body-block, eat the hit, zoom to the next hook and try to start more sabo—big ‘skill,’ btw.

    Killer slugs? Not okay—BHVR pls fix. Killer finally plays like… a killer? Nope, that’s ‘toxic’ and dumb.

    Like this ppl.. They’re awful bad, but if I punish it, suddenly i have to get this ‘the disadvantage’ because: ‘oh no, bad, you’re not supposed to do that

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_b8Z-pz9k

    And no, I don’t mind that a group wants their sabo fun—skipping movement and real chases, going down in upper main to get their sabo plays rolling. That’s legit, part of the game; play how you want. But I’m not accepting any ‘disadvantage’ the moment I respond like a killer

    ‘We gave you other ways to win!’ — cool story. I don’t care.

    This community wants chaos with zero consequences: ‘Let us play bad, but if the killer actually plays like a killer, that has to give him a disadvantage.

    But by all means, go ahead and do that.  If enough players follow suit, maybe Nurse and Blight will get the Skull Merchant treatment.  And then where will that leave us?

    Then i adapt again

    I know what to do against most groups—even on Skully—so they’ll have as little fun as possible in my lobby. The strong squads? I dodge them; they can entertain someone else.

    At that point, it’s about principles.

    Loved your video really amusing I hadn't heard that song before it was really incredible.

    But 1. Hasn't sabo been nerfed like 8 times by now? More hooks longer sabo times no 99% anymore. It's really not a viable win condition for a team to do they are just having fun and not trying to win. So tunneling one out probably wouldn't even effect your win.

    2. The slugging and tunneling are not a tool to win but to abuse the games arguably bad initial mechanics to exploit a win scenario... Consider this what game on the planet that is competitive in nature and has a PVP scene allows players to win 100s of games in a row? 500? 1000? Or the blight that had a 1900+ win streak. This isn't natural for a game. And a valid response isn't "well I don't play that way" why should a game require a community code of honor to not fall part? That's nonsense and it isn't just a few killers Oni 500+ seen a few 50+ huntress vecnas. I'm definitely not an authority on killer win streaks so I don't know them all. But that doesn't happen in other game it shouldn't happen in dbd

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993381#Comment_3993381

    Balance isn’t “one role gets to play sloppy wile the other is forced to look away.”
    In asymmetry, learning comes from punishable mistakes and rewarded correct reactions. I’ll adapt—always do. But let’s be honest: rewarding mistakes while taxing correct responses isn’t balance; it’s anti-learning.

    This package hard-bakes forced ignorance: it tells Killer to walk past free value so even the least willing-to-learn teammate-farmer or the no-pathing, camera-off sprinter still has a good time. I’m here to compete, convert pressure, and snowball when it’s handed to me—not to role-play ignoring it.

    What this package teaches is forced ignorance:

    PPL in newer lobbys will NEVER learn:

    • Locker bait in LOS? Free grab → “walk past it.”
    • Post-unhook sprint back into my hitbox with no camera control? “Walk past it.”
    • Unsafe unhook to farm a dead-hook teammate right by the hook? “Walk past it.”
      Because the HUD says: not six red pips yet.

    But no, even the worst yet still ‘brazen’ team is supposed to have their ‘fun fun’ and good time in the match with the killer, without the killer being allowed to respond accordingly.

    Like..:

    Yeaa, we’re trash, but we want our SABO minigame. No chase learning—we’ll just die in upper main. One hook nearby? Perfect. SABO time. Killer picks up again? I body-block, eat the hit, zoom to the next hook and try to start more sabo—big ‘skill,’ btw.

    Killer slugs? Not okay—BHVR pls fix. Killer finally plays like… a killer? Nope, that’s ‘toxic’ and dumb.

    Like this ppl.. They’re awful bad, but if I punish it, suddenly i have to get this ‘the disadvantage’ because: ‘oh no, bad, you’re not supposed to do that

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_b8Z-pz9k

    And no, I don’t mind that a group wants their sabo fun—skipping movement and real chases, going down in upper main to get their sabo plays rolling. That’s legit, part of the game; play how you want. But I’m not accepting any ‘disadvantage’ the moment I respond like a killer

    ‘We gave you other ways to win!’ — cool story. I don’t care.

    This community wants chaos with zero consequences: ‘Let us play bad, but if the killer actually plays like a killer, that has to give him a disadvantage.

    But by all means, go ahead and do that.  If enough players follow suit, maybe Nurse and Blight will get the Skull Merchant treatment.  And then where will that leave us?

    Then i adapt again

    I know what to do against most groups—even on Skully—so they’ll have as little fun as possible in my lobby. The strong squads? I dodge them; they can entertain someone else.

    At that point, it’s about principles.

    Balance also isn't constantly chasing the Survivor who just got off the hook and is still injured and vulnerable, and the Killer has an unfair advantage.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3991727#Comment_3991727

    The infinite thing is absolutely not the same. To go with your analogy, how about instead of removing the infinities like they did, instead after three full loops all the doors and windows were blocked? Sure, the killer made a bad play, but now we need a game mechanic to help out the killer. That's what this anti-tunnel is doing.

    Also, while I am a P100 Pig main on killer side, I am also a P65 Jill Valentine Main on Survivor. When someone in a match is tunneled, it's usually me. So I get how frustrating being tunneled is. I am still absolutely against these changes.

    I just want to say I can attest to AGZs proclivity to getting tunnelled... killer's have this man's scent. I can wear a neon shirt and run down the centre of the map.... AGZ is still found first. This man dies too often for our sins… 🥺🥺🥺

    It's quite amazing... as a Jill, Killers are all definitely have Nemmy goggles on ... I'm sure of it… 😵‍💫

  • @BbQz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993413#Comment_3993413

    Loved your video really amusing I hadn't heard that song before it was really incredible.

    But 1. Hasn't sabo been nerfed like 8 times by now? More hooks longer sabo times no 99% anymore. It's really not a viable win condition for a team to do they are just having fun and not trying to win. So tunneling one out probably wouldn't even effect your win.

    2. The slugging and tunneling are not a tool to win but to abuse the games arguably bad initial mechanics to exploit a win scenario... Consider this what game on the planet that is competitive in nature and has a PVP scene allows players to win 100s of games in a row? 500? 1000? Or the blight that had a 1900+ win streak. This isn't natural for a game. And a valid response isn't "well I don't play that way" why should a game require a community code of honor to not fall part? That's nonsense and it isn't just a few killers Oni 500+ seen a few 50+ huntress vecnas. I'm definitely not an authority on killer win streaks so I don't know them all. But that doesn't happen in other game it shouldn't happen in dbd

    Loved your video really amusing I hadn't heard that song before it was really incredible.

    how would you know? i only wrote the song recently, tied to this update—same as the other 2–3. that’s just how i vent xD

    that’s just my way of sighing.

    But 1. Hasn't sabo been nerfed like 8 times by now? More hooks longer sabo times no 99% anymore. It's really not a viable win condition for a team to do they are just having fun and not trying to win. So tunneling one out probably wouldn't even effect your win.

    I think this should be viewed separately from whether sabo is too strong (that’s debatable). But this is not the point: Survivors are playing greedy and making mistakes. I react like a killer—I won’t turn a blind eye. They misplayed, not me. That shouldn’t disadvantage me. I capitalize. Don’t punish me for their throw. And even if there’s a “reward” for playing blind so weaker players don’t have to learn and can still have fun, I don’t want it. I’m a killer, not a training dummy.

    Consider this what game on the planet that is competitive in nature and has a PVP scene allows players to win 100s of games in a row? 500? 1000? Or the blight that had a 1900+ win streak. This isn't natural for a game. 

    which win streak do you mean exactly? a lot of them were pre-nerfs (see billy). ye, they exist. blight is blight. most of those streaks happened in normal lobbies at super casual hours, and plenty benefited from that (some were… let’s say “assisted”).
    blight can abuse bugs/glitches that get packaged as “tech” by content creators. fix that stuff — don’t blanket-ban tunneling.

    flip side: if i run something weak, survivors play almost mistake-free, and i roll a bad map (hi pied piper), that can be an auto-lose with the right squad. so yeah, when i pull out nurse, i usually win — that’s legit. she’s not unbeatable; most groups just can’t keep up and often don’t counter things that are counterable (see my nurse clip in this thread).

    like, what do you expect if a full team goes sabo + flashy + flashbang into a nurse and stays in her LOS? what’s supposed to happen? i’m the strongest killer right now — have your fun, sure — but i get to punish that, not get punished for it.

    In most PvP games, bad play = dead screen—headshot, back to lobby. DBD cushions mistakes with tons of safety nets. So lots of players don’t optimize; the game lets them, while other PvPs punish instantly. Plenty of survivors either don’t need to improve or don’t want to—bum-rush killer is more fun. That’s fine (I enjoy that as survivor too), but don’t complain when you die and the killer wins. That’s the cost. Either run full survivor efficiency for the win, or queue for ‘fun time’—and if you run into a stronger killer, expect to die.

    you can’t balance the game for both groups: the ‘fun rounds’ crowd who mess around, don’t want to learn, and prefer sabos and flashy plays—even if that feeds the killer—and the full-efficiency meta players aiming for unseen survivor wins. The first style dies the moment it faces a good killer who makes few mistakes. Don’t balance around that; balance around players who are actually playing 100% for the win

    By that logic, we wouldn’t balance around killers trying to win—we’d balance around killers doing personal challenges: ‘two-hook everyone before I kill,’ ‘chainsaw-only,’ ‘full M1 no power,’ ‘no perks, no addons.’ If you balance for sub-optimal play, you’d have to balance for all of that too. It doesn’t work :/

    a lot of DBD players don’t play with optimal efficiency. Many treat it like a casual horror game, and unlike shooters you don’t get punished as directly, so the game allows it. The people who take it more seriously aren’t the majority—and they’ll beat players with different goals. That’s how it should be, right? The side that treats it like real PvP, with thousands more hours, custom practice, etc., will have the edge. When a new map drops, my duo and I hop into customs: test Billy curves and stick spots, map structures, where Nurse can’t blink, where Blight snags, what’s mindgameable, and how to squeeze fast vaults out of tight window setups. That alone can take tons of hours. Plenty of folks with crazy win streaks do the same. When they land in average lobbies, of course they’re favored.

    (That doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot—especially on Blight—built on bug/glitch ‘tech’ that really should be reviewed. Same with oni .. "i flick my camera in the air and i can get much much better angles , same with wesker)

    Yeah, a 20k-hour player running a Vecna win streak and queueing into your average evening casual lobbies (that’s exactly why these streaks get farmed during ultra-casual hours) and who’s actually labbed the killer… of course he’s going to win. Most folks on the other side are just hopping in for a chill game.

    Many survivors don’t even practice running every structure super close—close to the wall, close to the object, without getting stuck. They run the loop too wide or catch on something, while the killer might run it tighter. That alone often decides a free hit. And yes, that’s expensive for survivors, because you usually can only take 1–2 hits.

    Details like these often alone decide who has the advantage. Killers tend to learn them sooner—past a certain point they have to if they want good matches and real downs/kills against stronger players. Meanwhile, plenty of survivors rack up hundreds or even thousands of hours and still don’t master some fundamentals.

  • We can disagree and keep the comments civil and respectful. Please keep that in mind during these discussions. Thank you!

  • @Balrog said:

    We can disagree and keep the comments civil and respectful. Please keep that in mind during these discussions. Thank you!

    We can also agree that the total radio silence about these major changes coming tomorrow is not correct way of handling this situation, it seems like Ryan is the only one holding the line and trying to calm down the situation.

    We should and technically deserve an official response from the higher ups in charge for these changes where they can properly explain some of these changes coming, dont get me wrong most of them dont have any loopholes only 20% in that entire post Ryan shared has really annoying loopholes.

    Total radio silence by the way which means continuing this trend of silence until PTB releases just means you guys are promoting extreme complaints and people tamper to rise and annoy your own community without properly explaining some NOT all of changes as i said majority are self explanatory and it fully makes sense why they are coming.

    I myself am not a happy that the forum is being moderated and im not sure why is it because of higher ups or you guys (apart from Ryan) not requesting more access to explain stuff

  • My bad, miss typo, i meant to say not happy how its being moderated not that it is.

    I am happy there is at least activity but not proper way of handling the situation

  • @BbQz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993413#Comment_3993413

    Loved your video really amusing I hadn't heard that song before it was really incredible.

    But 1. Hasn't sabo been nerfed like 8 times by now? More hooks longer sabo times no 99% anymore. It's really not a viable win condition for a team to do they are just having fun and not trying to win. So tunneling one out probably wouldn't even effect your win.

    2. The slugging and tunneling are not a tool to win but to abuse the games arguably bad initial mechanics to exploit a win scenario... Consider this what game on the planet that is competitive in nature and has a PVP scene allows players to win 100s of games in a row? 500? 1000? Or the blight that had a 1900+ win streak. This isn't natural for a game. And a valid response isn't "well I don't play that way" why should a game require a community code of honor to not fall part? That's nonsense and it isn't just a few killers Oni 500+ seen a few 50+ huntress vecnas. I'm definitely not an authority on killer win streaks so I don't know them all. But that doesn't happen in other game it shouldn't happen in dbd

    and um.. a short example..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeuZczC2nlw

    xD like I said, I like writing songs to vent.

    Well, those are extremes, but you know? The "typical sable" player is often a thing

    Killers on their winstreak like that often end up in normal “casual time” lobbies, while others train for ages in customs or really work on mastering their abilities (aside from all the bug/glitch tech). If you get one of those players in your lobby, what do you expect?

  • @oecrophy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993485#Comment_3993485

    and um.. a short example..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeuZczC2nlw

    xD like I said, I like writing songs to vent.

    Well, those are extremes, but you know? The "typical sable" player is often a thing

    Killers on their winstreak like that often end up in normal “casual time” lobbies, while others train for ages in customs or really work on mastering their abilities (aside from all the bug/glitch tech). If you get one of those players in your lobby, what do you expect?

    So let me get this right you wrote and sang these songs? That is incredible! I actually saved this last video since I really liked the song random mates .

    The issue with the win streaks isn't about luck of the draw. It shows that a killer utilizing absolutely all their skills have a higher high of win potential then a survivors 's highest high wind potential. And that's not necessarily A bad thing. The game is supposed to be killer sided by nature but the spread should be like 60 to 70% win ratio not an 80 to 90. Like I'm sure if you pull up your dbd stats your kill rates are probably high higher than 60%.

    Now obviously certain killers will perform better on average than other ones but this is a power creep problem and not necessarily a slugging and tunneling problem. It should definitely be addressed and low performing killers should be given something that helps them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993548#Comment_3993548

    People should have the right to say what they think, with out getting demeaned or trashtalked, the people who cant handle that, are perhaps the ones that should not be here and not the ones they try bulliy into silence. - Moderation is needed.

    Exactly, moderation is needed but sadly PTB was just dropped like this on us with such big changes all we got was dev notes but not on specific each change as it should be done.

    And then radio silence after it when people are planning on protesting which is serious

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993621#Comment_3993621

    Yeah, i think the mods are very careful right now after the last fallout they had. I got an unearned warning, just for quoting a bhvr member and questioning their comment that the bug in some perk were not enough to kill switch it. Later it came to my attention that the bhvr member had recieved threats over that comment, so i think they were stressed out, and i accept the warning but i dont agree with it.

    • phew this became longer than expected, but i think this might be why we are met with silence this time, im not defending it, im just explaining what i think is going on.

    I am also trying to have common sense and ask them if they can ask for some more access from their superiors higher ups in charge for these decisions and if they can open up more about them since sadly many of staff members here dont deserve any threats, and to be frank here nobody should get death threats over a video game over a product that can always be changed.

    The radio silence just gives a bad impression empowering the people that hate comment to have more power and clog the community when we could have it avoided.

    Like Ryan i feel like that man right there wants the best for us and himself and the people hes working for but he simply cant due to NDA contract.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993634#Comment_3993634

    Crazy that your comment got downvotes, but i agree 110% with you.

    Im not really liked on the forums lol

    But its fine

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993639#Comment_3993639

    It is disappointing to see some interactions that don't reflect a more mature approach to discussions on the forum, i wish it was more constructive and respectful, but sadly it have become very demeaning when people disagree.

    But yeah, as a former killer main i try not to be survivor biased and that is not very popular, to speak up for the side with the least players.

    Many content creators and long term vets here have stated how majority of people who actually dont play both sides regularly and regularly are encountering the issues that are being adressed with in the tomorrow ptb shouldnt really be so loosely claiming stuff and taking sides so quick without spending some time playing both sides.

    I do play more killer nowadays i do play survivor too when i need fast BP and lvling up characters to P100.

    Either way i do confirm that my approach is not so humane and likable right off the bat i come off as way too direct and not easily talked to but i love when people are contrustctive and try to build off of the idea i placed down.

    Like so far i made two posts for basekit corrupt and basekit pain reso instead of pop to match general killer roster and these changes

  • Everyone is panicking because BHR has proven they have no idea how the game is played.

    New meta: 4 survivors playing the same one with the same cosmetic. All of them with repair boxes, finish a game in 4 minutes while mocking the killer. Sounds fun. My god.

  • @Vishlumbra said:

    Everyone is panicking because BHR has proven they have no idea how the game is played.

    New meta: 4 survivors playing the same one with the same cosmetic. All of them with repair boxes, finish a game in 4 minutes while mocking the killer. Sounds fun. My god.

    Well that too, and the rabbit hole goes deeper lol than what you just said... BUUT... in the darkest moments like this there is still some truth that these changes will improve the general solo q experience which benefits me as a solo q individual but as also a killer player especially m1 that spends his time in upper 80% killrate matches with meta perk builds survivors and having to rely on smart tunneling and slugging and now it being changed to this (even tho its not final)

  • I had hope because they began sponsoring competitive, clearly they still have no clue, even after seeing how the game has to be played for killers to have good results.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993656#Comment_3993656

    i think someone requested some BHVR streams of playing the game, it was shut down with the argument that when they are off from work, they dont want to focus on dbd. I get that, but perhaps someone should have that job then, so that they actually can make their own hopefully unbiased feedback. I think some BHVR members play survivor, im not sure about killer.

    both mclean and almo streamed dbd when they were here not sure who publicly plays these days. Mandy pops in on Hens id love to see her squad up sometime

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993668#Comment_3993668

    Yeah, i know she is playing survivor. But it would be nice if some of the BHVR could play and stream DBD on their work time, because as it is not, i think that a lot of people doubt that they actually play both sides.

    Everyone knows that they don't play both sides lol. There's not a single killer main on that balance team.

1 2 3 4