Blood Moon event IS a disaster

Imagine having to deal with nonstop Ghoul players running full meta in the new game mode. I don't think it's going to be playable. New game mechanics for survivors to learn against a hypermobile killer who's always on top of you. Getting through the event tome is going to be a struggle.

Edit: I have updated the title to more accurately the current state of the game. Not only is it Ghoul after Ghoul after Ghoul, the event itself is also unrewarding in every way and poorly designed on top of that.

Comments

  • @hermitkermit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905364#Comment_3905364

    I'm sorry, but this is pretty classic whataboutism. It doesn't address the point at all. Comparing one frustrating experience to another doesn't solve either, and also invalidates someone's frustrations. If someone told me they broke their arm, I wouldn't tell them— at least they didn't break two arms—to try and make them feel grateful(?) that they broke one arm.

    I hear you , but their point is that it doesn’t matter who a lot of these people are facing they are still dying and asking to nerf killer instead of work on their teamwork and decision making skills. Which I think is fair, being as I’m on the team side of this game and know what good teamwork looks like and what it doesn’t. There’s a lot of boofs going on within survivor that are self inflicted.

  • I already saw Kaneki a lot less today than I had the previous two days. A lot lot less.

    Even if the event is dominated by the Ghoul, I think the fact that survivors have a huge new slowdown thrown in with nothing added for the killer is what's really going to turn the event mode into a slaughter. It's good that generator perks don't affect the event gens, but I'm not sure that's enough when survivors are forced to take huge risks that slow them down to do their main objective.

    I dunno, events are usually awful. I guess we'll see how this is going to play out in a couple days. I just hope the event isn't so miserable that everyone goes, "I'll just wait until it reaches 500% to play," and then nobody's playing so it never reaches 500%.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905877#Comment_3905877

    I'm sorry but this is a really bad take. The issue with DBD isn't that it's too casual, it's that it's not casual enough - nobody wants to be curbstomped round after round. The game as it is now feels too competitive and too hard once you hit a certain threshold, it's not fair to expect Survs to have to bring the strongest stuff and Killers to play the strongest ones just to feel like they are accomplishing something. I've even seen the stupid, stupid sentiment here that beginner perks and easy Killers shouldn't be buffed because they are for new players, but what about people who like those perks and those characters? What about new players? They deserve to have fun and win with stuff they like, too!

    2v8 is popular because it evens the playing field for casuals. Regular DBD is popular because it's not a hard game but it is difficult to master. Hard is fine, lots of people like hard games, but DBD becomes in some cases nearly impossible in a round because of sheer bad luck or who you picked or the perks you have. That really isn't fun and it leads to meta stagnation, and arguments that one side or the other badly needs nerfs.

    In reality, the devs need to make the game more about casual play by emphasizing casual wincons, not just 3-4k/escape through a gate. They also badly need to change how MMR works, change how pipping and points work, and change how the game calculates what a "win" is. The way the system is now is too competitive minded and that doesn't feel good for casual but consistent players like me or most of us here.

    The other issue? Rounds are frankly a bit too fast and losses feel too much like stomps when you lose. The MMR is not swingy enough to bring a variety of experiences, and there is no incentive to stick with a game the player is losing. If the Devs find a way to slow the game a bit and have more casual wincons count for progression, the sting of losing the round goes away and the feeling like you can't improve goes away. People will not feel the need to tunnel or slam gens from the word go, and the game will feel much more friendly to anyone who wants to just run a few rounds after work or school or something - which is most players of this game. Less people will take breaks and more people will return.

    But they need to balance it so we don't get these one-sided stomps and that losing is a game state, not a punishment like it currently feels to be.

    Problem is like I was saying. They'll never balance it like they should. End of story. Just go ahead and wish in one hand, then crap in the other and see which hand fills up faster.

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905364#Comment_3905364

    honestly, i already mentioned but i will mention it here too. Nurse has reasonable counterplay, Kaneki on the other side literally always gets his first hit for completely free.

    But i think he will get a tweak before Blood Moon event (hopefully?)

    as much as I cant stand the ghoul no just no dude.

    Nurse does not have reasonable counterplay. She has NO counterplay. Getting behind LOS isnt counterplay, you still can and will get hit.


    It is 100% on the nurse how the match goes.


    Lets be reasonable nurse can go through terrain, up and down levels with her power.

    Ghoul simply cannot. But hes right behind her with billy and blight for sure. Probably ahead of blight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905783#Comment_3905783

    Not the tape lady...Everyone should queue as me, Dead by Daylights mechanical mutant. Calling all Singularities for a good time.

    I will for sure play as you :)

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905386#Comment_3905386

    as much as I cant stand the ghoul no just no dude.

    Nurse does not have reasonable counterplay. She has NO counterplay. Getting behind LOS isnt counterplay, you still can and will get hit.


    It is 100% on the nurse how the match goes.


    Lets be reasonable nurse can go through terrain, up and down levels with her power.

    Ghoul simply cannot. But hes right behind her with billy and blight for sure. Probably ahead of blight.

    "it's 100% on the Nurse how the match goes", well yes if team has really bad macro game knowledge due to her counters being hardcore macro focused (and average players seek counters for everything chase, which is very, very wrong), otherwise no. Nurse doesn't get free hits through solid walls like Kaneki does (we will exclude aura reading perks because we all know she needs to have her synergy with aura reading perks nerfed).

    @GhoilKena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905386#Comment_3905386

    Absurd take Nurse has no counterplay she ignores everything

    the easiest thing to do is act like something has 0 counterplay without everinvesting time into informing yourself and learning how to counter a killer.

    Well way too many players are not even focusing to learn counters to killers, that's the reason why killers like SM and Sadako are amongst knes with highest killrates in this game.

  • doing that to Ghoul? Killer literally gets his 1st hit on a survivor completely free with the autoaim that makes hits feel like he is having twice+ as big Huntress' hatchet hitbox, either remove it or do some significant tweaks to it because he doesn't even take skills. He also needs fine addon tuning and tweaks to some of his addons.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905514#Comment_3905514

    Just know your vote downs are due to no spacing or paragraphs, not what you wrote 😏

    fair enough 😂 I write very sloppy sometimes.

  • @GhoilKena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3906307#Comment_3906307

    Break los? Devs have said that's the intent to make the first hit free and make him accessible to controller players. If your wanting those changes then they can't give him more cooldowns cause then he'll just be a killer who will have a very hard time getting downs

    so to make him accessible to console players we have to make hitbox have the size of a heavyload truck so that he can hit even behind walls?

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905364#Comment_3905364

    You know there are more killers than nurse blight and now the ghoul?

    Why do we have to go to extremes?

    Today, I kid you not, a survivor thanked me for playing pig instead of ghoul. They said that they didn't care at all about losing, they just wanted something else.

    And they would trash talk you last week after a 4 man out, LOL.

    I know Ghoul is quite problematic right now but we can't forget the community is also problematic. I've been receiving far more toxicity these days - before ghoul release - for playing weaker killers/losing than ever before. I don't think they've changed their minds. If the ghoul gets nerfed to the ground these same people probably will return to their usual behavior of trash talking weaker/newer killer players.

    @OP

    Looks like meta perks won't be as effective in this mode, since at least 2 gen won't be normal gens, so pop/pain ress/eruption etc won't be as effective.

    I will play as survivor. With the increased BP this patch brought, even when the match is not the best one at least is easier to farm points.

  • @Rickprado said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905408#Comment_3905408

    And they would trash talk you last week after a 4 man out, LOL.

    I know Ghoul is quite problematic right now but we can't forget the community is also problematic. I've been receiving far more toxicity these days - before ghoul release - for playing weaker killers/losing than ever before. I don't think they've changed their minds. If the ghoul gets nerfed to the ground these same people probably will return to their usual behavior of trash talking weaker/newer killer players.

    @OP

    Looks like meta perks won't be as effective in this mode, since at least 2 gen won't be normal gens, so pop/pain ress/eruption etc won't be as effective.

    I will play as survivor. With the increased BP this patch brought, even when the match is not the best one at least is easier to farm points.

    Thing is, i don't get 4man outed as Pig >🐽0

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3906315#Comment_3906315

    so to make him accessible to console players we have to make hitbox have the size of a heavyload truck so that he can hit even behind walls?

    Yes, because if he was a skillshot killer, he's be next to useless and feel incredibly clunky, even on PC where you can be the most accurite with skillshots.

  • First Blood Moon match: Kaneki that instantly returned to hook and slugged constantly.

    Who could have guessed.

  • The devs told us there would be delays, they needed time to fix things; which granted are still on-going, but then we get one of the most decisive killers since Skully and a mode which clearly feels more like a handicap to survivors than the normal mode. Yo these upcoming QoL changes better be worth it, cause it's not looking too good.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3906105#Comment_3906105

    I personally agree with you, my concern is though that the way these bloodpoint events go? They almost always create sweat as everyone tries to get as many points as possible. The result is an unfun mess. It happens start of every month for pips, it happens with blood feasts and hunts, and it happens with Blood Moon. It happened last year with Blood Moon. And it will be more insane now because of the separate queues.

    I really think they needed to hold off on Kaneki before this event. They did not. I guess we'll have to see?

    'I really think they needed to hold off on Kaneki before this event. They did not. I guess we'll have to see?'

    I'm guessing the event is designed to sell Kaneki, gacha-game style where they put in really tough endgame content with millions more Boss HP, with unique weaknesses fulfilled almost exclusively by the new paid character.

    The new event forces you to slowly walk back and forth between sometimes quite lengthy points on the map to refill blood cans, interruptible at any point. And sometimes you just have to wander around, because you don't actually get aura on the blood gens if you're just walking. If you run you steadily lose the blood. A quick, mobile, map-covering killer? With literally not enough gens to escape the match if you aren't engaging in the in-transit style? Yeah, it's to sell the killer.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/441822/blood-moon-event-is-going-to-be-a-disaster

    When casual interests converge, this is basically what you get: people wanting a killer nerfed because supposedly you can pick him up day 1 and win non-stop, and because they want easy killers for some special events, they're rushing to get said killer nerfed so that they simply won't have to deal with him. Are the interests of the more competitive players or killer players taken into consideration with any of this? I don't think so.

    I get it. Coming from Smash Bros experience, I'm used to the feeling of "Things were going so great until this character came along. Now I've got to deal with them." But at the end of the day, you do in fact have to deal with them. No other developer would even put up with these ridiculous requests about nerfing characters who just barely came out. How long has it been? 1, 2 days? At least try to learn counterplay before you ask for such a thing.

    Running with that theme, you're gonna have to face strong killers running meta eventually. Why prolong the inevitable? This is what made no sense about the "low BP cap good" arguments. Why not face a new killer with a complete competitive loadout? You'd be facing a killer at their peak strength, but wielded by a non-peak experience player. Even if the player has somehow mastered the killer after 48 hours of him being available, again how do you turn a chance to learn and improve into such a negative thing?

    I mean, you can effectively win non-stop with kaneki. You only really lose against 3/4 man swfs running full meta. Thats kinda the problem

    Besides, why play the event if you're just gonna sweat? Just go play normals, you're not playing the event for the fun factor that is attached to it anyway. That was especially true for chaos mode, it didnt even give extra BP, it was just meant for chaos and yet slugging was at an all time high because "no gen regression perks" THEN GO PLAY NORMALS AND PICK YOUR OWN PERKS.

    As for Smash Bros, thats a different scenario, because characters are balanced for a 1v1. You can rely on a new character basically having very little to no issues, and if they do have issues, they wont tend to be found untill weeks after their release when people have gotten good enough at that character to start to use those mechanics.

    As for counterplay, after In DBD, its fairly easy to tell what can and cant be used as counterplay. When you pretty much get the "4 man can handle Killer X" comments, you have a problem, because the counterplay to that killer is constant communication. Skull Merchant was not counterable. You needed a 4 man squad to counter her because you needed that level of constant information. Kaneki, pretty similar, ignoring his addons, you need to know where he is going so you can pre-run to a tile that he has issues with. If you dont, he can down you before you get there.

    Killer mains, right now, are the most entitled players. Whenever players, survivor mains and mixed players, ask for a bit more balance (aka, aiming for that 50% escaperate that was promised, instead of the 37% escaperate we have), killer mains jump on the wagon to complain that it shouldnt be handed to them. Despite the fact that killers average a 3k nowadays due to it being handed to them.

    And Kaneki needs a nerf, no way around it, I've played him against players I have issues with when I play Nurse, I demolished them. Nothing they did for counterplay mattered. Mended to remove the mark? Doesnt work for the last mark, gave me enough time to mark someone else. Crouched behind obstacles? Didnt matter, still hit them. Broke line of sight? Didnt matter, autoaim allowed me to still hit them through a solid wall. Hiding in lockers to hide information? Doesnt work, cus mask addon, next game they all brought Hardened or Calm Spirit just to counter that stupidly OP addon. He genuinely is too easy to pick up and his counterplay is basically non-existent, there is some, sure, but you can use perks to compensate for that counterplay. That's a problem.

  • They should gut this killer. His reputation is now ruined. Skull Merchant him.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905877#Comment_3905877

    I'm sorry but this is a really bad take. The issue with DBD isn't that it's too casual, it's that it's not casual enough - nobody wants to be curbstomped round after round. The game as it is now feels too competitive and too hard once you hit a certain threshold, it's not fair to expect Survs to have to bring the strongest stuff and Killers to play the strongest ones just to feel like they are accomplishing something. I've even seen the stupid, stupid sentiment here that beginner perks and easy Killers shouldn't be buffed because they are for new players, but what about people who like those perks and those characters? What about new players? They deserve to have fun and win with stuff they like, too!

    2v8 is popular because it evens the playing field for casuals. Regular DBD is popular because it's not a hard game but it is difficult to master. Hard is fine, lots of people like hard games, but DBD becomes in some cases nearly impossible in a round because of sheer bad luck or who you picked or the perks you have. That really isn't fun and it leads to meta stagnation, and arguments that one side or the other badly needs nerfs.

    In reality, the devs need to make the game more about casual play by emphasizing casual wincons, not just 3-4k/escape through a gate. They also badly need to change how MMR works, change how pipping and points work, and change how the game calculates what a "win" is. The way the system is now is too competitive minded and that doesn't feel good for casual but consistent players like me or most of us here.

    The other issue? Rounds are frankly a bit too fast and losses feel too much like stomps when you lose. The MMR is not swingy enough to bring a variety of experiences, and there is no incentive to stick with a game the player is losing. If the Devs find a way to slow the game a bit and have more casual wincons count for progression, the sting of losing the round goes away and the feeling like you can't improve goes away. People will not feel the need to tunnel or slam gens from the word go, and the game will feel much more friendly to anyone who wants to just run a few rounds after work or school or something - which is most players of this game. Less people will take breaks and more people will return.

    But they need to balance it so we don't get these one-sided stomps and that losing is a game state, not a punishment like it currently feels to be.


    "2v8 is popular because it evens the playing field for casuals. Regular DBD is popular because it's not a hard game but it is difficult to master. Hard is fine, lots of people like hard games, but DBD becomes in some cases nearly impossible in a round because of sheer bad luck or who you picked or the perks you have. That really isn't fun and it leads to meta stagnation, and arguments that one side or the other badly needs nerfs."

    Let's be clear here: 2v8 was popular WITH KILLERS because it 'evened' the playing field FOR KILLERS because they heavily nerfed anti-camp and added the fastest killers in the game to a double-up mode with loops designed entirely for 1v1. (Even with bodyblocking in standard, you have to pay a toll of flesh.) It was unpopular with survivors for same - ESPECIALLY casual survivors, and casual players are the lifeblood of literally every game, we NEED them. That is literally why they had to give 400% bloodpoints to beg survivors to play. If you were a casual survivor trying to have fun, you could die before you got to use a single ability even once, other than the sprint burst or crouch walk passives. I literally saw it happen. As I saw a hundred Weskers and Nurses just sitting outside the weakened anti-camp area so you didn't teleport, effortlessly proxy-camping people to death.

    I HUGELY agree with emphasizing casual wincons. I think it's mind-bendingly bizarre that the devs like repeatedly punishing side objectives like chest searching with downsides to mid perks (Calm Spirit) and builds like Franklin/Weave, Dracula perks etc. All that's left it gen-rushing! It was actually really striking to me to look back and realize just how much of a relatively subtle but I think noticeable ripple effect removing BP on BBQ & Chili was. (Or maybe it was just a symptom of fallout from the choices that created the ripple effect.) Esp since sometimes to lessen the effect of meta on the mind you go outside meta, which I think BP on BBQ achieved. ('Well I didn't get kills but I got a full 4 stack')

    Moreover, they've only doubled down and doubled down on removing fun/wincon incentive for alternate side objectives. The last Halloween event was a standout disaster for me, something I'd looked forward to for months and couldn't get out of fast enough once I realized what they'd done to it. Exploring the spirit realm was gone. Interacting with the skeletons and making them a part of the map was gone. Instead it was 'if you go in, you get bloodpoints and you get punished. There's one central boring point to go to and as a survivor you trade it in for a boring, weaker version of the bloodweb firecrackers and as killer for ranged - not too far thematically from the blight syringe. The single central location where anyone can do anything is at height so survivors can't drop without paying, and killer powers are returned and survivors stay nerfed. Killers always know where you're going.' I have literally never seen a game so heavily and explicitly punish players for engaging with what's supposed to be exciting event goals.

    Because guess what? When you are telling players 'the only reason to play this event is cash' you get some sunk cost fallacy and you get some daily login type people, but you tell them 'don't be excited for anything to engage with in this event except a bit of speed in earning.' I would have preferred basic, limited cosmetic and sound design changes in the map to this.

    And the lesson they learned for this event was seemingly to DOUBLE DOWN but also design it so that players are forced to engage with the extra BP tasks to finish a match at all. But the new killer sure is designed to exacerbate the issues of the match and take powerful advantage of the 'toddle back and forth' mechanic! Better buy now!

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/441822/blood-moon-event-is-going-to-be-a-disaster

    When casual interests converge, this is basically what you get: people wanting a killer nerfed because supposedly you can pick him up day 1 and win non-stop, and because they want easy killers for some special events, they're rushing to get said killer nerfed so that they simply won't have to deal with him. Are the interests of the more competitive players or killer players taken into consideration with any of this? I don't think so.

    I get it. Coming from Smash Bros experience, I'm used to the feeling of "Things were going so great until this character came along. Now I've got to deal with them." But at the end of the day, you do in fact have to deal with them. No other developer would even put up with these ridiculous requests about nerfing characters who just barely came out. How long has it been? 1, 2 days? At least try to learn counterplay before you ask for such a thing.

    Running with that theme, you're gonna have to face strong killers running meta eventually. Why prolong the inevitable? This is what made no sense about the "low BP cap good" arguments. Why not face a new killer with a complete competitive loadout? You'd be facing a killer at their peak strength, but wielded by a non-peak experience player. Even if the player has somehow mastered the killer after 48 hours of him being available, again how do you turn a chance to learn and improve into such a negative thing?

    Kid, you just wrote a whole fanfiction in your head built out of your own projection. No one else is responsible for your desire to delete characters from Smash Bros, and YOUR approach to balance being 'if I don't like it, it should go' does not force everyone else to pretend they're not capable of more. You made up a fantasy about an argument that was not posed, and then you attempted to lavish it with condescending 'counter-arguments' to an argument you invented. Why are you crying about how critics - which include people with ten thousand hours in the game and a successful career built on it - are 'going to have to face meta killers eventually' and are just 'casual' for their criticisms as if anyone else has to pretend you're addressing reality LMFAO.

    ETA: OH MY GOD, I just saw that you literally claimed that developers don't have to worry about retaining casual players because casual players just automatically always have fun in any game and literally started laughing out loud. Sweet jesus, you cannot think you look qualified to hold forth on game balancing and development after that, do you? Oh my god I'm screencapping that as a copypasta for all time, I have literal tears in my eyes. How do games ever fail then, I wonder? Cosmic intervention? A curse from the bog-witch? Oh my godddddd

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905490#Comment_3905490

    Pretty much.

    I can guarantee the number of people who want DbD to be “competitively viable” and would actually play such a version of the game is not enough for BHVR to pay the bills lol. It’s a sure fire way to kill the game.

    To be honest, I think it would have to be a pretty different game from the ground up. I think one of the limiting factors is the sheer variety of abilities that need to jigsaw piece together in the same core gameplay and maps that need to be broadly applicable enough.

    I was thinking the other day how I think both Houndmaster and Skull Merchant could have been amazing characters in a game where, say, they were the main or one of the few main killers and there was time and space to build around their abilities AND build sufficient gameplay depth in their abilities in environments geared to them.

    Imagine a pirate game where Houndmaster is one of, idk, 4 possible characters and the hound doesn't have to conform to specific core gameplay or work around not breaking other DBD mechanics. Her powers interact specifically with hunting for treasure on islands built to accommodate them their pathing, spying on enemy camps or launching pincer attacks with other allies on small opposing pirate bands. In the right setting with enough time or care you could build a lot of complexity in.

    Or hell, think of Twins as the sole enemy of a survival horror game in historical French sewers, slums or ruins. Victor could be a counter to opposing players being able to crawl through smaller tunnels, while Charlotte has the strength to move furniture or break windows to send Victor clambering through. I think some of the killers that suffer most in DBD are really cool ideas but they don't have enough space to be the best version of themselves. If I won the lottery four times over I'd love to fund DBD 2 with killer-specific game modes that get more development time for gameplay depth and complexity.

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3906137#Comment_3906137

    That was essentially my comment somewhere above, events llike this always, always bring out the sweats. Regardless of how OP killers and survivors are, so with or without Kaneki, the event is guaranteed to be a sweatfest.

    It's literally every event as of late. You used to be able to wait out the sweats by not playing the first two days of the events, they'd grind out their points and rewards, they'd stop playing so then events would just slip into more casual to regular play. But not so much anymore, as people will just sweat so they "win" as fast as possible making everyone else miserable. Because hey, its ok as long as they get theeir points.

    This made me a bit sad about the last Christmas event, I felt like previously the snowmen had let me see more jokes than usual and as cool as the moving snowmen were I felt like everyone just destroyed them instantly last event because of the moving no longer being a tell. In Chaos Mode I queued for killer a lot as a conscious effort to play semi-seriously - enough to have fun and practice - but be willing to goof because everyone seemed so sweaty otherwise.

    ETA: but it would be nice to have an event where you can be relaxed like that (without uneasy/mistrustful opponents instantly popping all gens) and still have some cosmetic atmosphere stuff going on.

  • first day of the event and solo survivors are giving up left and right, it’s starting to become a survivor problem. Ghoul is a little OP but we can’t blame it all on the killer.

  • You think this killer is better than nurse?

  • @Nathan13 said:

    first day of the event and solo survivors are giving up left and right, it’s starting to become a survivor problem. Ghoul is a little OP but we can’t blame it all on the killer.

    I had someone dc against wraith the moment I hit another survivor 😅 I guess he didn't like seeing thantaphobia pop up

  • @CrossTheSholf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3907364#Comment_3907364

    I had someone dc against wraith the moment I hit another survivor 😅 I guess he didn't like seeing thantaphobia pop up

    Thana is a "go next" perk now.

  • @Caiman said:

    First Blood Moon match: Kaneki that instantly returned to hook and slugged constantly.

    Who could have guessed.

    That was going to happen regardless of the killer, so stop pretending it's Kaneki-exclusive behaviour. Grow up.

  • @quelaag said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3906142#Comment_3906142

    This made me a bit sad about the last Christmas event, I felt like previously the snowmen had let me see more jokes than usual and as cool as the moving snowmen were I felt like everyone just destroyed them instantly last event because of the moving no longer being a tell. In Chaos Mode I queued for killer a lot as a conscious effort to play semi-seriously - enough to have fun and practice - but be willing to goof because everyone seemed so sweaty otherwise.

    ETA: but it would be nice to have an event where you can be relaxed like that (without uneasy/mistrustful opponents instantly popping all gens) and still have some cosmetic atmosphere stuff going on.

    OMMG exactly, I was soooo p*ssed about the moving snowmen, because I couldn't tell if it was just their stupid AI or my teammates being ######### and ignoring me on hook. Plus, I got cucked by snowmen so many times during chase it wasn't even funny. Luckily, a few killers took pity on me because they knew I wouldn't have lost if it wasn't for the snowmen, so they'd let me wiggle off.
    I couldn't even play the last chaos shuffle mode due to my laptop trying to cosplay as a jet plane (blocked air ducts, my fault, I have a cat who likes to sleep on the exhaust ports, because warm.) But I do remember how much of a sweatfest the one before it was, because mid-tier killer and survivor players couldn't crutch on their meta perks. Which made for a very miserable experience.

    Oh, and the last bloodmoon event, again, so many tunnelling and slugging killers and gen rushing survivors. Reading through this thread, and you'd think that slugging and tunnelling was purely a Kaneki-exclusive behaviour, when it's been an often complained-about problem for like four years straight at this point. I am bloody sick of it. If Kaneki had been held off until after Blood Moon, people would be complaining about Nurse, Blight, Wesker, Oni, Spirit, etc, tunnelling and slugging at 5 gens.

    Deep breaths. I would like to see an event where playing inefficiently was the optimal play, you get rewarded more for taking your time, the faster you complete objectives, the less points you earn. I know it clashes with the gameplay style, but idk, I like the idea of forcing players to slow down a little.

  • I don’t want to play against the sweaty buggy Ghouls or the Champion of Light bug abusers for terrible BP. It’s literally so bad I can’t.

  • I am not interested in playing an event where 95% of Killers can do nothing to handle the genrush, and every gen is a boring unfun slog with an extra step to do the same thing we always do. I don't care how many BP you give me, you can't bribe me enough to do it.

    The game is at a tipping point where generator speeds have GOT to be addressed, and changes to what a wincon is HAVE to be made. Fix it. Slow the game down. Stop giving Survivors more generator tools and Killers less. Give us more wincons besides kills and gate escapes. Start rewarding casual slower play. Right now.

  • So not only is the event a Ghoulathon of an endless tunnel, the event itself is bad with mediocre bloodpoint rewards, an offering that doesn't do anything valuable, and new generators that don't work like generators so anything involving generators is useless.

    Somehow it's turned out even worse than I thought. But even without the Ghoul problems, the event would be boring anyway, so I can't blame all my disappointment on Kaneki.

  • None of them, but the current problem is the ghoul, which is curently OP and the problem is aggravated by how spammed he is. It seems as if the stars have aligned to make the event a horrible experience, very bad timing on Behaviour's part to release an OP killer at same time of a BP event.

    I've played this morning and out of 10 matches only 3 weren't against the ghoul, I'm even starting to hate him and his damn laugh.

  • I’m enjoying the event. I just hope it doesn’t effect mmr because I’m dying a lot bc I’m running a meme build to carry cans and heal friends.

  • @Caiman said:

    Imagine having to deal with nonstop Ghoul players running full meta in the new game mode. I don't think it's going to be playable. New game mechanics for survivors to learn against a hypermobile killer who's always on top of you. Getting through the event tome is going to be a struggle.

    Edit: I have updated the title to more accurately the current state of the game. Not only is it Ghoul after Ghoul after Ghoul, the event itself is also unrewarding in every way and poorly designed on top of that.

    IDK why so many people are complaining about the new killer he just released so of course there’s gonna be an influx in that killer especially anime fans are gonna be playing him like any killer it’ll die out in a month or a few weeks and it’s not the killer that makes this event terrible this blood moon event is garbage all on its own they should have just kept the same mechanics as last years blood moon “don’t fix what isn’t broken” I understand wanting to incorporate new things but if we the people like it why would we complain about getting something twice like this.

  • I feel like they made the blood generators skill less in order to incentivize players to play the survivor role

  • Blood generators not being affected by majority of the killer perks is why the killer you are seeing is only the strong killers and Kaneki because he is the newest killer in and one of the most fun killers we had in a long while imo.

1 2 ›