Camping is a Viable Strategy
At least in low ranks like me. When I get teabagged, I hook them and face camp them and nod my head. Then I swing at them to let them know who's boss. If you don't like it then you shouldnt have teabagged.
However, I started noticing that even though I did so and only expected that one kill, I would still get 3 or more kills due to altruist zealotry. So I go Trapper, began adding Insidious, NOED and M&A, then I plant 3 traps around hooked victim and hide nearbye.
This last game I downed 3 people and stacked there bodies on top of each other. lol Then I let them bleed out while I set more traps over and over simply for more BP.
I'm gonna camp all the time and if you dont like it that's too bad. Maybe you should try doing gen's. lol
Comments
Camping when most/if not all people try to get the unhook is the only sane thing to do. I don't blame you;
Camping, Tunneling, Gen Pressuring, Slugging. All of them are situational. It's just your job to utilise them at the right time.
@KillerRaccoon
The only real problem with camping is that's it un fun (: but that's a different type of problem.
Camping is valid and really strong in lower ranks, where survivors actually stick together but don't have the skills to back it up.
Camping is strong with the The Cannibal if a The Cannibal camping forgot saving anyone which sucks.
It's always legit.
Camping the hooks is totally up to the killer. I have had 4ks where it worked way better than it should And 0ks where they outplayed me.
And sometimes it's not about the victory...it's about making that cocky teabagger miserable, even if it means a 1k. Totally worth it.
I don't always camp, but when I do, I damn well mean to.
I don't always get camped, but when I do it's because I sabo'd the killer's hook twice to let my teammate get a wiggle, and flashed a beam into his face after I broke a pallet on his head.
I only have myself to blame.
I usually get camped if the killer knows me and hates me which there's a few of them since i'm good at being sneaky, I also tend to kill their totems including right under their noses etc and get away.
So some just want to watch me suffer on the hook while I simply laugh at them as they get gen rushed and they complain i was toxic while ignoring the teabaggers they chased.
It's even funnier when they brag about it post game and you remind them of the scoreboard where they got may'be 5-9k or less, everyone else got out and still outscored them.
That's not the point. The point is is that survivor knows who's game this is's, and that's the Killer's, and this game is called "You die on hook while I nod my head."
ez victory
It even works in red ranks. Only yesterday, I got camped by a Leatherface with a charged chainsaw. Got unhooked by a Meg in front of him.
When I play survivor, as I am a high rank survivor too, I wish for a camping killer, makes my game easier. So thanks for the easy games (:
Camping is only a viable strategy if Survivors make it so. Unfortunately for the game, many of them are willing to make it viable.
I mean it is technically a legit strat, it just isn't viable. Camping aside, it still only takes 160 seconds to repair all 5 gens with proper coordination
True and if people stopped rewarding it so much killers would stop doing it except for the dedicated ones that just want to watch the world burn.
I do wonder how much camping skewers the survival statistics at each rank same as dc's on both sides along with crashes.
yeah, camping ruins your rank so, its not a strat if your losing the one thing you need, once survivors notice your camping they should leave you unless your a rank 20, if you are, you better hope you dont play console or else your gonna have a bad time
If people would stop going after camped hooks, the stats would show the game is heavily stacked against Killers. Along with the dc's and crashes, I got no doubt the Kill stats would be a lot more accurate. Choosing to go save a camped Survivor shouldn't be taken into consideration for balance, as that is a personal choice of the Survivor, optimal strategy is to just repair and escape instead of risking more loss to the Benevolent Emblem. If people simply left the Survivor, the kill rates would plummet. There's always that one dude who tries to save against campers (usually that's me, but I don't blindly run in there like some do).
Camping doesn't skew the stats. They ARE part of the stats.
Pretending that camping doesn't exist is like saying a population census shouldn't have so many kids, if only people would stop having sex. No matter how much you tell them not to do it, people will camp/have sex. This is the whole, stop denying it.
The game is heavily stacked against killers, camping just skews the stats?
Like saying India is not overpopulated, people just keep having sex.
Nonsense argument.
If people aren't supposed to go after camped hooks, then it just should be taken out of the game. It's poor game design to allow it to happen if it's not supposed to be allowed. Better yet, camping should just be taken out of the game. I mean camping shouldn't be taken into consideration for balance either, right? Where do we draw the line? Maybe hitting the survivor shouldn't be taken into consideration either.
A Killer that is dedicated to camping, i.e. one that refuses to leave 5 feet away from the hook, is impossible to save against. I'm sorry, but if the Killer wants the guy on hook dead, he's dead. You can't BT bait anymore without trading yourself out on the hook, and this goes for every single Killer.
If the Killer wants someone to die on the hook, it's 100% going to happen as long as he isn't mentally inept.
I don't think many Killers camp with the intention to win, they camp to punish someone and they're willing to throw the match to do so.
A camper should never be able to pip. The fact that they still do pip often is a perfect representation of the survivors incompetence. Nothing is more triggering than getting camped and then watch the other Survivors Urban Evasioning around the hook instead of doing gens. At that point I even salute to the Killer for using the perfect tactic against such idiots. They deserve the loss.
I mean if a Killer just stares at the guy on the hook, and doesn't move unless someone attempts a save, then you aren't really going to get the guy off the hook even with BT. Even if you do, you're going on the hook next because BT doesn't work that way anymore and you're gonna get slapped twice before you even get control of your guy back.
There is no "If used properly" It's "If the teammates are dumb enough to keep attemping aultristic action". That's why that meme is hysterical because it paints a picture of what happens if the team isn't dumb enough to impulsively try saving each other.
I'd rather my team survive than try to save me from camping because I'll be laughing at the end of the game that a killer did camp me first and foremost, and my team got out. I'd laugh even harder when I'm running killers a round for 3 or 4 gens and then they camp me when there's 1-2 more to go and my team makes it out the game without ever facing the killer. So everyone is laughing and that's a good thing
Which is exactly what makes you win matches.
You trade hooks to win time and make sure that the guy that goes for the last unhook has Adrenaline. You get hit, unhook (BT activates), you get downed, last gen pops and you get the speed buff and escape.
It's not that hard, we do that all the time in our SWF. We use 4x Adrenaline so the unhooked guy even gets fully healed on top of BT. The last gen is our ticket to a free escape at that point, the Killer has 20 seconds to get the guy down again or we'll escape, which is very unlikely to happen because we'll be ready to bodyblock once the gates are open. Only NOED can counter this, which is also why many players hate it.
That's the flaw of SWF that many Survivor mains refuse to admit.
I am just saying, if he/she is there I will punish them for camping, do it alot and this will make it even funner
You are still facing Killers who don't know how to counter this, and you yourself are explaining it incorrectly or misinterpreting what I'm saying.
"Make sure the last guy that goes for the last unhook has adrenaline" Bro that only works for the guy who gets OFF of the hook. You do realize that at least one of you is still going to die right? BT does not activate for the savior anymore, meaning even if you activate BT and Adrenaline on the guy on the hook, YOU are going on the hook because he can hit you twice by the time you unhook the guy, and BT isn't going to save you from that second hit.
The first time you get hit, it cancels your first save attempt, Killer wipes his blade and you save your friend. You get hit again because BT and Adrenaline does not work on the guy who does the saving.
This strat would not work on any Killer that knows what you're trying to do. BT and Adrenaline will save the guy you unhook after the gates are powered, but what do you do for the guy who dies before the gens are done? If you guys just keep swapping out, you will die much faster. And again, since BT doesn't protect the savior, how exactly do you plan to get yourself out after you save the guy who DOES have Adrenaline?
Oh wait, you can't because Adrenaline doesn't work on full health Survivors and BT doesn't work on the savior. So Camping always guarantees at least 1 Kill.
The only way this works is if you time the save so when you go down after saving the guy, Adrenaline activates so both players can escape. But that requires an insane amount of timing in order to pull off, as even a second off and someone is getting sacrificed. If this level of coordination is achieved, then the Survivors earned it. But this is such a tight scenario that it's pretty much unviable unless you run a 4 stack SWF squad.
I think you did not understand what I meant.
It's usually me going for the last unhook so this is what's happening:
My buddy is at the 99% gen, the other one is waiting at the exit.
I approach the hook, take a hit (injured), unhook (prog the unhooked guys BT), I get downed again (and the Killer is stuck in "hit reload animation" and at that point they finish the last gen. I get back up again, get a speed boost, run to the (by now open) gate while the others (fully healed now thanks to Adrenaline) can safely take a hit / bodyblock the Killer if the gate is further away.
There is NOTHING they can do unless they're oneshot Killers. In that case we go for the save as 2 guys while one camps the 99% gen. One gets downed, other guy unhooks and depending on the Killers action someone else gets downed aswell and THEN we prog the last gen OR he's going to pick the first guy up, in that case we prog the last gen immediately. It's not hard with voice communication.
All this does is further prove that SWF is busted, which you did originally say. However, this strategy is unviable if you are not running in a full 4-stack.
Generally most of the time campers are going to get at least one kill, and that's cause Survivors are just stupid.
2x SWF is enough. You don't need to know the hooked guy and the guy at the gate is irrelevant aswell. The only important part is the coordination between the unhooker and the guy that pops the last gen. The guy that gets unhooked should be able to escape because of Borrowed Time and either me or my buddy will get the Adrenaline buff to run away once they're downed.
If we implement such a thing as ingame voice communication, this would be very easy to pull even with 4 randoms.
(That's one of the reasons why I think SWF is incredibly broken and I say that from a SWFs point of view, not even the Killers)
Mark this up as another reason why this game's balance will never be fixed.
BHVR has no clue what they are doing.
If you get at high enough ranks they will stop being that altruistic and, at the end, might be able to save the hooked survivor
When playing vs swf who are smart enough to do gens instead of unhook, camping is not a viable strategy. I would say that your "strategy" is the reason why you're in the low ranks in the first place. But seeing your post i would think you are 13 years old, or that you just posted this as weak bait. So i will just leave it here. Have fun in the low ranks!
OH NO'ES, IM A LOW RANK DBD PLAYER. YOU SURE DISGRACED ME! LOL!!!!!
Plays normally - called a tunneller
Does well with strong perks - sweaty
Does poorly with any loadout - baby kiiler bad noob etc.
Does well with no perks - killer op
Patrols gens - called a "gen camper"
Returns to hook - called a "distant camper"
Oh look another Tru video
we need to count the amount of Tru3 videos are on this one thread
he did that means your terrible and as killer, you rank up really easily
Dude, this is a game. The fact that you think being bad at a game, any game, is somehow a form of being disgraced is such an embarrassing reflection on you. It's just a game.
how did I disgrace you, I said low ranks means you are not a good killer
Camping mostly indicates that the Killer has the bad habit to ######### up the gameplay experiences of the camped Surv. So whoever says that its alltime legit, is a bad person in general and it has nothing to do with being a strategy. There are only a few exceptions like when the Surv whos getting camped ######### up the killer with own bad habits (like teabagging, as revenge it is viable once) or when to secure the last possible kill while exits are open (viable strategy). Same applies to tunneling and slugging.
Camping is a legitimate strategy when it yields results. The whole point of a strategy is to increase your odds of winning. If the survivors you are playing against rush gens while you're camping then the strategy was not useful and thus you should change tactics or accept the loss. But if the team tries to play over altruistic and ends up getting themselves killed you have achieve your desired outcome and thus the strategy worked.
There is no argument to be made about camping not being a strategy it is a method to win vs less experienced players. It sadly even works on the occasional high rank game. Is it a fun strategy? No.
T-bagging killers to get their attention/aggression is also a strategy. If you are able to maintain a chase and hold the killer attention then you are effectively increasing your teams chances of survival. If you die without much of a chase and get quickly tunneled down then clearly your strategy did not yield the results you planned.
Is it a fun strategy? No its sort of kiddish, but it works well on low ranks also.
"Strat-e-gy
noun
A plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim."
@KissyKissy @brokedownpalace @ForeheadSurviors
too focused on saving and most of the time you have one person doing a hen and the other 2 running round the hook like cockroaches