To lobbydodgers
I've been playing solo for the last 4 hours and i've been dodged in 9 out of 10 lobbies. Seriously, uninstall DbD and go play something else.
Some of you will say "oh, maybe they saw 4 survivors spawn at the same time". Some did, but MANY others saw me alone in the lobby, then TWO more spawning at the same time and then leave.
Seriously lobbydodgers, grow a damn pair. This is getting ridiculous.
Some of you will say "oh, maybe they saw 4 survivors spawn at the same time". Some did, but MANY others saw me alone in the lobby, then TWO more spawning at the same time and then leave.
Seriously lobbydodgers, grow a damn pair. This is getting ridiculous.
Comments
not really a freddy main, even though i do play him from time to time, but more of a trapper main.
considering your first question, i have already answered that so many times now, that i would actually like to ask you to read some of my responses to other users, so i dont have to write it all again.
i just answered @Arroz the same question.
read that one.
As a guy who doesn't play killer for kills, but instead to try give a good horror experience, I get pissed when I get lobby-dodged as survivor.
I personally don't have any problem with those thing, tbh i'm really used to killers running ebonys and op addons so...
BHVR should be able to punish DCing properly when they get dedicated servers.
However, in order for lobbydodging penalties, there are a lot of problems that need to be fixed first
If I see 4 flashlights e.g., there is no way that I will enter the game.
i feel like not many survivors actually realise, that us killers are also human beings who also just want to have fun in this game...
we are no machines that you can bully endlessly, at some point there will be consequences for doing so (e.g. lobbydodging)!
No, thats why I stopped running iri hatchets for example. You spend a shitton of BP and then everyone DCs.
If I lobbydodge a flashligth squad, they dont lose their stuff though
Btw, some killers DC too, and in ps4 it's even worse because there's a way for killers to keep their stuff while survivors lose it.
Like you said you dodge for 4 flashlights and that's down to you not enjoying it, it is however part of the game and they enjoy using them, so in theroy you should be fine with items and player skins being hidden in the lobby since you are ruining the other persons fun.
That's the main problem is you think it's not fun for you so its ok, they may not find certain killers or add-ons fun but you do it's a double standard, who is right in that debate? No one is as if it's part of the game it's fair to play and you should not have a choice to cherry pick what others should do as that's just another of the players made up rules.
Sounds like the killer saw 3 people load into the lobby and realized "this lobby is going to be bugged, time to remake"
Remember that lobbys will fail to load a 4th person a lot of times, if 3 are in the lobby.
It's true that for some reason, solo survivor is taking a little longer than usual these few weeks - sometimes even five minutes or so on the PS4, US region. I don't get lobby-dodged often, and even if I do, I don't mind it because I'm selective about SWF lobbies too. I would rather play a game as the game was originally intended and balanced around. The game is supposed to be "an asymmetrical multiplayer game where you can live in the world of these 70s and 80s horror movies. It’s anti-social multiplayer where survivors have to collaborate and cooperate up to a certain point. The old saying is that you don’t need to be fast than the killer, you just need to be faster than your friends." (McCote) and "a game where we tried to have this horror atmosphere, this sense of isolation, there's no spoken dialogue in the game, it's very lonely and quiet, except for the pounding of drums when you are about to die. And that's all intentional. It really builds up the feeling of the game." (McLean)
The only reason why they had the intention of adding SWF from the beginning was because "2018 now. We are not going to tell people you can't talk to your friends while you play a videogame." (McLean). It never had anything to do with the core idea behind the game, nor was it integral to its mechanics. It was actually the opposite (breaking the balance of the game), but they added it in because "all multiplayer games do it." It is like if the makers of Scrabble or Words With Friends legitimized anagram decoders because they can't tell people not to google or download a third party anagram decoding app. Sure, there is no way to stop it, but it also breaks the whole idea behind Scrabble, where you are expected to use the information that is already in your head, not some outside source.
So don't tell people not to play the game when all many people are doing is wanting to play a game that is similar to what McCote and McLean had stated above. If anything, people who are ruining the feeling and intention of the core gameplay, maybe they are the ones that should stop playing.
If you are tired of waiting as a survivor, go play killer. And when some event starts and everybody is playing killer, then go play survivor. That's what I do. (Granted, apparently I seem to be waiting for a much shorter duration than many of you as both survivor and killer, but the suggestion still applies.) The time spent on these forums can be spent on playing as the side that is more currently needed.
Whatever devs had in mind players will somehow always affect a game's developement.
Everyone knows how the game currently works and if they don't like it then maybe they should play something else, it is what it is. What they shouldn't do is to waste people's time.
I just bring Franklins and run Lightborn problem solved and 4k them usually unless I decide to give the hatch at end. It's not that big of a deal and you can look away in any direction, bait it out, and basically make them waste time with them.
If all you ever do i dodge then you'll never get better to where it's not that big of a deal, it's like refusing to grow past the age of 6 because you're scared of what age 7 is like. If you stopped refusing to grow up you'd realize that next age isn't a big deal.
Well what about 3 man lobbies?
Is someone leaves once a lobby is made then it can either disband or you can then leave.
The first is because I dealt with a red ping person before and they were blinking better then anything the Nurse could do.
The second is because I constantly get the damned glitch where if a fair amount of people enter and leave my lobby it glitches out the game load in and crashes my game. This in turn consumes my add-ons and my offering.
Well like i called out in the other thread, it's always excuses, you destroy each one and they move onto the next one until they finally run and hide oer go back to the 1st one.
I dodge lobbies only for below reasons.
1. Some survivor refuses to leave even though he got a 300+ ping.
2. Toxic survivor(s) that I have played against before and were not a good sport.
3. More than two toolboxes. I don't like running FD btw and oh ruin is a joke.
4. Survivors that refuse to ready up at least 10 seconds ahead of the game. Last second switch to 4 man FL is a no-no for me.
Apart from these, I don't really care even if its 4 man SWF with insta heals and DS. I play games to wind up after a long day at work. So, if I know a game ain't going to be enjoyable, I have no reason to proceed.
I still only rarely get dodged, even when I play in SWF.
Maybe it's a personal problem you have? Like no one wants to play with you (anymore) because of previous matches / experiences?
Regional DbD community for high rank is not that big. I keep facing the same guys over and over again and apparently people know/remember me aswell. Toxic behaviour can easily lead to players trying to avoid you.
There's also a high chance that you get back in the same Killers lobby again after they dodged so it's very possible that you got dodged several times by the same Killer.
E: I only dodge for bad ping or because of players I mentioned above. I also try to avoid biased streamers that like to talk ######### about the opposite side.
Do you play in low rank? It's probably the side-effect of all the derankers that killers started to pay more attention.
As I said, I rarely get dodged but I play in Rank 1 and I always try to get back there asap after reset. I suppose Rank 1 has more competent and confident Killers than Rank 10, obviously those lesser experienced Killers are afraid to face tryhards.
In that case it must be something personal, congrats.
I only ever dodge a lobby if I see four P3 Claudettes. First, you cannot see them, second - it ruins the immersion. There's a lot of survivors to choose from! Don't do that, guys.
I know rank 1 regional DbD community is not that big the first days, but it's been a week since rank reset already and i live in EU. As far as i know i've faced the same players just a few times. Doesn't happen often.
Well, i was saying it because i've noticed a huge increase of lobbydodgers lately. I know it can be the same killer, that's why sometimes i wait 5 minutes or so before looking for another lobby, but i usually do that when it's late night.
Yeah dodging for bad ping is fine.
I'm not a streamer, so i don't think it's because of that
Yesterday it was hot and I hadn't showered and I got a lot of lobby dodges... it didn'thappen after I cleaned myself... the smell maybe?
@OrionsFury4789 items? maybe. but cosmetics? Is that even a thing? I know in low ranks killers could become scared of seeing all P3 claudettes (I used to dodge that when I was new to game) but who does that in high ranks lol?
@Master Luckily it doesn't happen often where I play. Also interestingly I often see toxic survivors in purple and green ranks rather than in red ranks. 3 and 4 doesn't happen often too. It mostly comes down to ping issues. That one Russian guy (I'm SE-Asian) that refuses to leave your lobby with 300 ping lol.
It is annoying. I roll solo mostly and it's silly how when me and 2 others or I come in together with 3 others they freak out and leave and think I'm in some toxic SWF or something.
I play 75% of my survivor matches by myself. Get a life people.
As a killer I rarely dodge. Maybe 5% of the time or something. I usually use the over the top altruism to my advantage. It's great.
Surivor almost never ready up in my lobbies.
Bad comparison, I cannot see survivors addons, offerings or perks...
I never have this issue as survivor, maybe 2-3 dodges max. But as killer I tend to get lobby after lobby of 1-2 players with red ping and have to dodge the whole lobby since I can't just kick individual players. Played through it instead and had a claudette who lagged so hard my interactions wouldnt even work with her (couldnt pick her up after i downed her and when i finally did, it wouldnt give me the hook prompt.) Then again pretty much everytime I play killer its a miserable experience.
If a survivor laggswitches, then he can actually render you completely useless since you are not able to hook him. This way they can wiggle out 100%. Ive learned this a month ago and I was quite surprised^^
I play in mid ranks (10-6) and I almost never get dodged even when play a SWF with two mates.
Maybe the people dodge you so much because in red ranks almost everybody is known by the other players in those ranks. If you are a toxic tbagger and/or waste killer's time to find the hatch when the gates are open, or maybe you are very good playing as suvivor and the killers who know you don't want to play against you because they always feel outplayed.
Maybe those are the reasons they dodge you. Live with it or derank.
Thanks, but i don't like to derank on purpose. That's so low.