Please do somehting about people giving up on the hook for no reason

It can be any killer any map. These players have no intention of even playing the game so why do they keep quing up. I stream every night but so many games are ruined by team mates who instantly give up. Sometimes its several games in a row 2-3 people will give up many just runing straight up to the killer to be hit an hooked.
Even when we are completly destorying the killer someone will give up on first hook.
Like the killer will have 1 or 2 hooks someone goes on first hook there is 1 gen left we are clearly winning an they just instantly give up.

We have all had games were things may look bad then you do 1 good chase againsg the killer an the killers likely 4k turns into a 0k Bad stats don't always depict the outcome. Some killer games you might lose 3 gens realluy quickly but the survivors might make a mistake an you make a come back. DBD is one of those games were 1 thing can completely change the momentum of the game for ethier side so it's always good to try

Kinda shocked that people admit they allow killer sto tunnel them so they can just give up that is lireally the worst thing you could do as you are not only not helping yourself your encouraging killers to it more to you an to others.
You need to make effort to win in any kind of game you can't expect to win by doing nothing.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717608#Comment_3717608

    Once final time, else I'll take your replies as satire.

    who are you to ask me to quit a game?

    What answer are you expecting?

  • @Marioneo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717610#Comment_3717610

    What answer are you expecting? Need a father figure in your life?

    Telling someone they "need" to do something is not suggestive, that is a demand. Don't worry I don't expect you to admit to it.

    Also, I definitely noticed that racial dad joke because I used the word "bruh" in one of my replies, even though I'm not black.

    These posts really bring out your character mate.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717616#Comment_3717616

    Telling someone they "need" to do something is not suggestive, that is a demand. Don't worry I don't expect you to admit to it.

    Also, I definitely noticed that racial dad joke because I used the word "bruh" in one of my replies, even though I'm not black.

    These posts really bring out your character mate.

    pfff that last part is a wildest assumption ive seen gave me a great laugh though

  • Hi there! Reminder to keep all comments civil and respectful. Thank you!

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717521#Comment_3717521

    Like I already said: Good luck trying to prove they are throwing the game.

    Imagine if "playing bad" was a reportable offense? Is there a game that does that? lmao

    "i had matchs as survivor that were so close winning and escaping but teammates plagued by this "just go next" mentality giving up on hook and RUINING matches for us"

    ME TOO! And many of these matches were saved because someone escaped the hook as a last resort! WOW!

    "Like I already said: Good luck trying to prove they are throwing the game.

    Imagine if "playing bad" was a reportable offense? Is there a game that does that? lmao"

    HAHAHAHHAHA

    Yeah, literally every other game. This game has mmr, so it can detect based on previous behavior if you are throwing the match. But that's kinda not true because they also encourage game ruining challenges and behavior.

    Also games saved by 4% vs games ruined by it are so uncompilable it's beyond laughable you brought it up.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/413828/please-do-somehting-about-people-giving-up-on-the-hook-for-no-reason

    You have frustrations with other survivors not enjoying the game? Let me easily explain why, killers will hate this post because they know most of it is true but I'll be straight to the point with it.

    Survivors have had the following butchered:

    • Gens take longer to do
    • Healing is currently ridiculously too slow so if a killer is fairly close it is virtually impossible to finish one heal if they have even 1 slowdown perk due to how fast killers currently move.
    • Maps are ridiculously small or terribly redesigned
    • Loops are 50/50 but with killer speed they start becoming useless fast
    • survivor perks that would give you some sort of protection like dead hard is now butchered
    • Boil over is useless and should be deleted from the game already
    • Most PC killers still don't even feel the wiggle when carrying someone
    • If you don't have at least one healing perk in moderate+ MMR games you can forget healing most of the time
    • Survivors quit when 3 people are injured at the start before a gen is done because of the above healing issue, knowing it's useless to continue.
    • Still nothing can be done about stopping a killer hard tunnelling without throwing the game unless your team is good
    • Pallets are still 50/50 when they should 60/40 to survivor due to all the killer buffs and outdated pallet drop mechanics (Getting hit when you're in the pallet drop animation and the killer hasn't even finished the animation on their side)
    • If a survivor does not bring a toolbox, unless the killer is bad you can forget finishing all the gens in time
    • Ridiculously large hitboxes for killers still exist (huntress hatchets hitting you around corners for example)
    • Nurse still exists in the game and impossible to beat unless she's awful at the game (killer has a headset which you can't reduce them hearing you at close range like iron will used to
    • Unlimited map distance for range killers with miniscule objects in the way to stop them
    • Still getting stuck on absolutely everything for no reason (Garbage map optimisation)
    • PC players being able to play with filters (Clearly borderline cheating because it gives a lighting/tint advantage but if dev's don't want to address and accept that then so be it)
    • Survivor perks are starting to become borderline useless and will continue to be when they continue to get massacred
    • Killer movement speed is starting to get out of control when using survivor perks like lithe and they are still directly behind you within 3s (I honestly think this is a bug somewhere because killers should lose bloodlust but they don't, I also had a killer traverse 8 different rooms with me on his shoulders with 0 movement perks and without iron grasp (so clearly something is wrong)
    • PTB is on PC so only the PC audience is being taken into consideration when getting feedback (one sided feedback, you do the math)
    • Foliage such as bushes have also been nerfed on some maps so it's just chases unless again, the killer is bad as they were in 1 of my games today
    • Turning animation for survivors needs to be adjusted and sped up slightly.
    • Targeted before the game has even started for being TTV or a high prestige when you're just trying to chill
    • Being forced to save teammates but they don't do the same back
    • Being left on the hook

    Of course you'll have the white knights who main killer saying "git good" or "skill issue" after this post because they win 3 games out of 10+ in the games that they play which suddenly makes them a legendary killer who magically knows all about the game and have secretly been watching you play DBD in your bedroom and magically knows your skill level, then get upset about a survivor tapping a button on the controller at the exit gate like it affects them in real life.

    I used to get annoyed at people DC'ing but now? How can you blame them? They're not enjoying the match or the game anymore and you're at the sole mercy of the killer, these matches do tend to be funny at parts if you do decide to stay though, and there are nice killers.. I had one where 2 people DC'd and me and a random were still in the game, I let the Wesker practise chasing me probably for around 7 minutes or so while the random did other stuff and it was still fun. The point with this last para? People do have the right to choose and DBD is still a casual game, adding a harsher penalty than one already in place will hurt the player base.

    I could go on forever with this post and this list but you get the gist.

    You forgot they gutted survivor stealth. Remember the old Good Iron Will. Which could encourage you to do things even when injured because you could potentially sneak away. Nope killers didn't like having to actually look for players. As well as things like No where to hide and other perks that remove any chance of stealth play from, you knowm a alleged horror game.

  • @Marioneo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717037#Comment_3717037

    if you have 30 reasons why its so bad why are you still playing this game then? Genuinely you need to move from this game fr

    The game is fun except the occasions when it is frustrating. Everyone wants to have fun and skip the frustrating part.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717604#Comment_3717604

    "Like I already said: Good luck trying to prove they are throwing the game.

    Imagine if "playing bad" was a reportable offense? Is there a game that does that? lmao"

    HAHAHAHHAHA

    Yeah, literally every other game. This game has mmr, so it can detect based on previous behavior if you are throwing the match. But that's kinda not true because they also encourage game ruining challenges and behavior.

    Also games saved by 4% vs games ruined by it are so uncompilable it's beyond laughable you brought it up.

    MMR can detect throwing the game? How? If dying several times in a row is considered "throwing", then they will ban all soloQ players.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/413828/please-do-somehting-about-people-giving-up-on-the-hook-for-no-reason

    You have frustrations with other survivors not enjoying the game? Let me easily explain why, killers will hate this post because they know most of it is true but I'll be straight to the point with it.

    Survivors have had the following butchered:

    • Gens take longer to do
    • Healing is currently ridiculously too slow so if a killer is fairly close it is virtually impossible to finish one heal if they have even 1 slowdown perk due to how fast killers currently move.
    • Maps are ridiculously small or terribly redesigned
    • Loops are 50/50 but with killer speed they start becoming useless fast
    • survivor perks that would give you some sort of protection like dead hard is now butchered
    • Boil over is useless and should be deleted from the game already
    • Most PC killers still don't even feel the wiggle when carrying someone
    • If you don't have at least one healing perk in moderate+ MMR games you can forget healing most of the time
    • Survivors quit when 3 people are injured at the start before a gen is done because of the above healing issue, knowing it's useless to continue.
    • Still nothing can be done about stopping a killer hard tunnelling without throwing the game unless your team is good
    • Pallets are still 50/50 when they should 60/40 to survivor due to all the killer buffs and outdated pallet drop mechanics (Getting hit when you're in the pallet drop animation and the killer hasn't even finished the animation on their side)
    • If a survivor does not bring a toolbox, unless the killer is bad you can forget finishing all the gens in time
    • Ridiculously large hitboxes for killers still exist (huntress hatchets hitting you around corners for example)
    • Nurse still exists in the game and impossible to beat unless she's awful at the game (killer has a headset which you can't reduce them hearing you at close range like iron will used to
    • Unlimited map distance for range killers with miniscule objects in the way to stop them
    • Still getting stuck on absolutely everything for no reason (Garbage map optimisation)
    • PC players being able to play with filters (Clearly borderline cheating because it gives a lighting/tint advantage but if dev's don't want to address and accept that then so be it)
    • Survivor perks are starting to become borderline useless and will continue to be when they continue to get massacred
    • Killer movement speed is starting to get out of control when using survivor perks like lithe and they are still directly behind you within 3s (I honestly think this is a bug somewhere because killers should lose bloodlust but they don't, I also had a killer traverse 8 different rooms with me on his shoulders with 0 movement perks and without iron grasp (so clearly something is wrong)
    • PTB is on PC so only the PC audience is being taken into consideration when getting feedback (one sided feedback, you do the math)
    • Foliage such as bushes have also been nerfed on some maps so it's just chases unless again, the killer is bad as they were in 1 of my games today
    • Turning animation for survivors needs to be adjusted and sped up slightly.
    • Targeted before the game has even started for being TTV or a high prestige when you're just trying to chill
    • Being forced to save teammates but they don't do the same back
    • Being left on the hook

    Of course you'll have the white knights who main killer saying "git good" or "skill issue" after this post because they win 3 games out of 10+ in the games that they play which suddenly makes them a legendary killer who magically knows all about the game and have secretly been watching you play DBD in your bedroom and magically knows your skill level, then get upset about a survivor tapping a button on the controller at the exit gate like it affects them in real life.

    I used to get annoyed at people DC'ing but now? How can you blame them? They're not enjoying the match or the game anymore and you're at the sole mercy of the killer, these matches do tend to be funny at parts if you do decide to stay though, and there are nice killers.. I had one where 2 people DC'd and me and a random were still in the game, I let the Wesker practise chasing me probably for around 7 minutes or so while the random did other stuff and it was still fun. The point with this last para? People do have the right to choose and DBD is still a casual game, adding a harsher penalty than one already in place will hurt the player base.

    I could go on forever with this post and this list but you get the gist.

    Some of these points are good though. I mean, good that it got changed.

    Sure, the loop design is prety bad on the newer maps, but perks like boil over can burn forever for all i care.

    If all a player enjoys is sitting in one spot to never get hooked, not progressing the game at all, I can also play with a bot. More enjoyable.

    Both as survivor and as killer.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717037#Comment_3717037

    This post having 15 vote ups tells me everything I need to know about these forums. I am not sure when I read such nonesense the last time.

    You discrediting anyone that disagrees with you as biased killer mains is also incredibly sad, and just suggests that you can't actually defend any of your arguments.

    Survivors quit when 3 people are injured at the start before a gen is done because of the above healing issue, knowing it's useless to continue.

    Excuse me what? What Survivor team gives up just because 3 survivors are injured before the first gen is completed? I have had enough matches that started like that where survivors were still able to win, or draw. That is just so beyond ridiculous.

    If a survivor does not bring a toolbox, unless the killer is bad you can forget finishing all the gens in time

    Again, where the hell do these arguments come from? Of course a survivor team can still complete 5 gens without toolboxes, even if the killer is good. The survivor team just also has to be good.

    Loops are 50/50 but with killer speed they start becoming useless fast

    This is factually wrong. Some loops are 50/50, but there are also enough loops that are still strong for survivors on most maps.

    Killer movement speed is starting to get out of control when using survivor perks like lithe and they are still directly behind you within 3s (I honestly think this is a bug somewhere because killers should lose bloodlust but they don't, I also had a killer traverse 8 different rooms with me on his shoulders with 0 movement perks and without iron grasp (so clearly something is wrong)

    Killer movement speed is still the same it has always been, and I never once had a match where the killer seemed to suddenly move too fast. If anything, you went against a hacker.

    Maps are ridiculously small or terribly redesigned

    Very untrue. Maps just aren't as survivor sided anymore as they used to be. There are some bad exceptions, like the new Haddonfield rework, but in general maps have simply become fairer.

    At least a few points are understandable, like tunneling and camping still, after all this time, being such a problem in the game. But in general this post is just a complete mess, like holy crap. You claim that you are just saying the truth, but no, you aren't. You are just stating some incredibly biased opinions.

    Good points!

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717235#Comment_3717235

    Yeah.. no. I'm not reading nor replying to all of that. OP wanted answers and I gave them. If you want to be upset about the truth, enjoy.

    Nice attitude in a discussion forum…

  • i honestly don’t see teammates or opponents suicide on the hook that often. Today team gave up vs a huntress on midwich but that was the only game out of the 30 I played in the past two days. I see dcs more honestly.

  • they could implement it to where trying to Kobe/yeet/self unhook doesn’t progress the bar, and take away the skill check option leaving the timer at a set time. That’s just my suggestion though bc I grow tired of the complaints again and again about hook suiciding.

  • @JeanGreyarea said:

    i honestly don’t see teammates or opponents suicide on the hook that often. Today team gave up vs a huntress on midwich but that was the only game out of the 30 I played in the past two days. I see dcs more honestly.

    I mostly play killer

    You can't even begin to imagine the amount of player that give up really early

    Its definitely higher on killer like nurse or SM. But it does happen with low tier killers aswell

    Its not fun for either side, i dont find it fun to crush a match because 1 or 2 people give up at 5 gens

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717747#Comment_3717747

    I mostly play killer

    You can't even begin to imagine the amount of player that give up really early

    Its definitely higher on killer like nurse or SM. But it does happen with low tier killers aswell

    Its not fun for either side, i dont find it fun to crush a match because 1 or 2 people give up at 5 gens

    >Picks an obviously broken killer who just denies all game logic, or an obviously obnoxious killer who can make the game a 50-minute long standstill

    >Gets surprised when people leave

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717881#Comment_3717881

    >Picks an obviously broken killer who just denies all game logic, or an obviously obnoxious killer who can make the game a 50-minute long standstill

    >Gets surprised when people leave

    >picks toolboxes PT deja vu resilience making the game miserable for killers

    >get surprised when killers cry about gen speed

    See how your argument is stupid ?

    Im not gonna refrain from playing the killers i want to play, and trust me i play all of them and i swap between games. People just love to be drama queens i guess

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717604#Comment_3717604

    "Like I already said: Good luck trying to prove they are throwing the game.

    Imagine if "playing bad" was a reportable offense? Is there a game that does that? lmao"

    HAHAHAHHAHA

    Yeah, literally every other game. This game has mmr, so it can detect based on previous behavior if you are throwing the match. But that's kinda not true because they also encourage game ruining challenges and behavior.

    Also games saved by 4% vs games ruined by it are so uncompilable it's beyond laughable you brought it up.

    Joke?

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717716#Comment_3717716

    MMR can detect throwing the game? How? If dying several times in a row is considered "throwing", then they will ban all soloQ players.

    Of course it can't

    They are just desperate trying to find reasons to ruin the game

  • @Efrost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717037#Comment_3717037

    You forgot they gutted survivor stealth. Remember the old Good Iron Will. Which could encourage you to do things even when injured because you could potentially sneak away. Nope killers didn't like having to actually look for players. As well as things like No where to hide and other perks that remove any chance of stealth play from, you knowm a alleged horror game.

    There are a lot of points that I definitely missed mate, I just wrote down a few to explain to OP why it is that survivors could possibly be raging. I think you could put stealth with the bushes/filters points however. 2 days ago I did manage to hide in the most smallest, most random bush right in front of the killer with a glowing outfit, but he was so tunnel vision'd on someone else that he didn't even see me lmao

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717037#Comment_3717037

    Some of these points are good though. I mean, good that it got changed.

    Sure, the loop design is prety bad on the newer maps, but perks like boil over can burn forever for all i care.

    If all a player enjoys is sitting in one spot to never get hooked, not progressing the game at all, I can also play with a bot. More enjoyable.

    Both as survivor and as killer.

    Yeah, I definitely agree that some were good (for example the gen changes), but it is starting to become a little oppressive when you put them all together, usually that does mean some sort of survivor buffs are coming our way though once the dev's notice their stats aren't how they want them to be.

    I do still think there is comedy in losing a game, for example last night, a few mates were messing around and me and them both got knocked, all on the hook, and the random was in the corner of the map. I had to message while on the hook and ask them to unhook, after they did unhook they told me they were trying to get a zombie away from a gen for over a minute and didn't even realise lmao

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717737#Comment_3717737

    Yeah, I definitely agree that some were good (for example the gen changes), but it is starting to become a little oppressive when you put them all together, usually that does mean some sort of survivor buffs are coming our way though once the dev's notice their stats aren't how they want them to be.

    I do still think there is comedy in losing a game, for example last night, a few mates were messing around and me and them both got knocked, all on the hook, and the random was in the corner of the map. I had to message while on the hook and ask them to unhook, after they did unhook they told me they were trying to get a zombie away from a gen for over a minute and didn't even realise lmao

    But your original list makes little sense at many points...

    Sorry to say.

    There isn't much coming together. Some of the things you mention are either the survivors own fault or are good changes.

  • Most of my points were facts from my POV, that's why. OP wanted to know why survivors were throwing the game for "no reason". I listed a few to explain that they are definitely solid reasons. I knew there would be counter arguments so I killed it at the point because it had nothing to do with a discussion after that post. Just general knowledge of why certain players were acting how they did. It was merely just clarification.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717739#Comment_3717739

    Most of my points were facts from my POV, that's why. OP wanted to know why survivors were throwing the game for "no reason". I listed a few to explain that they are definitely solid reasons. I knew there would be counter arguments so I killed it at the point because it had nothing to do with a discussion after that post. Just general knowledge of why certain players were acting how they did. It was merely just clarification.

    An opinion is never a fact.

  • @HeroLives said:

    they could implement it to where trying to Kobe/yeet/self unhook doesn’t progress the bar, and take away the skill check option leaving the timer at a set time. That’s just my suggestion though bc I grow tired of the complaints again and again about hook suiciding.

    So I have actually seen a possible solution to this, I'm going to make a new post about it as it is a spoiler.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717940#Comment_3717940

    But your original list makes little sense at many points...

    Sorry to say.

    There isn't much coming together. Some of the things you mention are either the survivors own fault or are good changes.

    You don't have to be sorry at all mate, the reason it makes little sense to you is because you haven't witnessed them take place. I have. That's the only reason why.

  • Gen nerf = fact, not an opinion. Again I do not wish to discuss any of these points because unless you have witnessed them like I have, they make little sense to you mate.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717235#Comment_3717235

    Yeah.. no. I'm not reading nor replying to all of that. OP wanted answers and I gave them. If you want to be upset about the truth, enjoy.

    Not fair, I read your long ass post.

  • My post was for Tom specifically 😂

  • @Rudjohns said:

    You know what they can do to make everyone happy?
    Remove hook suicides, however every survivor still has 3 free chances to self unhook without compromising the hook timer. Done.
    I guess its for the best, no?

    And then completely remove the skill checks when 2nd stage, just leave the survivor for 1 minute there. Maybe in case there are 2 survivors left in the game they should give a "die now" option if you are on hook.

    One suggestion I've made was to have one auto unhook attempt before 2nd stage. Perks that allow you to unhook yourself can be used anytime during the 2nd stage.

    Really the 2nd stage should be open up for self unhook perks since the anti face camping system allows self unhooks now.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717599#Comment_3717599

    No, I read it all. Already answered future comments with my original comment which you must have not read yourself since you wrote exactly what I said would be written in one of your points.

    Lol if you can't see it then no point even explaining it bruh. I'm sure others will see it clear as day. Good day.

    Yeah you edited your comment after I read it. Also, I did contradict myself a bit, so I'll admit that. But my accusation of you being biased is at least based on the points you made.

    No I get the point of this thread, but most of your points aren't reasons for normal people to give up immediately. A lot of them are pretty damn ridiculous. That's the point I am making. It has nothing to do with truth, if you give up for all these reasons listed above, that's not a problem of the game at all.

    Plus stuff like "gens take longer" are something you know before even queueing up for the match, so those points just sound like complaints about the game's balance and that's it.

    Not to mention you make claims in these points of yours that are not true at all, for example the claim that you won't get all of the gens done if you don't bring toolboxes, or that loops are all 50/50 mindgames, which is just absolutely untrue.

    Not sure why I would have to elaborate on that either to be honest.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717603#Comment_3717603

    Yeah you edited your comment after I read it. Also, I did contradict myself a bit, so I'll admit that. But my accusation of you being biased is at least based on the points you made.

    No I get the point of this thread, but most of your points aren't reasons for normal people to give up immediately. A lot of them are pretty damn ridiculous. That's the point I am making. It has nothing to do with truth, if you give up for all these reasons listed above, that's not a problem of the game at all.

    Plus stuff like "gens take longer" are something you know before even queueing up for the match, so those points just sound like complaints about the game's balance and that's it.

    Not to mention you make claims in these points of yours that are not true at all, for example the claim that you won't get all of the gens done if you don't bring toolboxes, or that loops are all 50/50 mindgames, which is just absolutely untrue.

    Not sure why I would have to elaborate on that either to be honest.

    I did indeed edit the comment as I had more to add after creating it last night.

    I believe you're still not getting my point mate, this is what I have seen to be true, it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not because from my POV, these are specific reasons for players to become frustrated and DC or die on hook as I have witnessed it.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717603#Comment_3717603

    Yeah you edited your comment after I read it. Also, I did contradict myself a bit, so I'll admit that. But my accusation of you being biased is at least based on the points you made.

    No I get the point of this thread, but most of your points aren't reasons for normal people to give up immediately. A lot of them are pretty damn ridiculous. That's the point I am making. It has nothing to do with truth, if you give up for all these reasons listed above, that's not a problem of the game at all.

    Plus stuff like "gens take longer" are something you know before even queueing up for the match, so those points just sound like complaints about the game's balance and that's it.

    Not to mention you make claims in these points of yours that are not true at all, for example the claim that you won't get all of the gens done if you don't bring toolboxes, or that loops are all 50/50 mindgames, which is just absolutely untrue.

    Not sure why I would have to elaborate on that either to be honest.

    Here's another question for you, how many hours have you played as killer vs survivor?

    Why do you think survivors suicide on hook or DC?

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717968#Comment_3717968

    Here's another question for you, how many hours have you played as killer vs survivor?

    Why do you think survivors suicide on hook or DC?

    I am getting your point "mate", believe me. But as I said, most people surely don't leave games for most of the reasons you described. A lot of them are just ridiculous.

    I get that people sometimes leave matches early because of a very unfun killer or because the match is going horribly. Of course the former is incredibly subjective so generally never a good reason to just screw over your team, but I get if people are fed up with going against a killer they hate multiple times in a row. And the latter I guess is ok, if the match really is going badly, i.e. 2 or 3 survivors downed or hooked before the first gen is done or something like that, but not 2 or 3 survivors injured before the first gen is done. That's not a good reason to quit.

    I also realise that solo queue has it's rough edges, especially with camping and tunneling still being so strong in the game.

    But there is no doubt that some people also quit just because they got downed first or the match isn't going exactly the way they wanted it to go, which is quite ridiculous.

    I've got over 3k hours in this game sadly, but of course I do not know how many hours of that I played survivor and how many of those hours I played killer. I do play more killer than survivor currently, but have been playing more solo queue recently as well.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717942#Comment_3717942

    You don't have to be sorry at all mate, the reason it makes little sense to you is because you haven't witnessed them take place. I have. That's the only reason why.

    I played this game for over 3 years now…. sure.

    @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717945#Comment_3717945

    Gen nerf = fact, not an opinion. Again I do not wish to discuss any of these points because unless you have witnessed them like I have, they make little sense to you mate.

    You mentioned one of the things. Wanna go into more. Im sure that I, indeed, "was there".

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717988#Comment_3717988

    I am getting your point "mate", believe me. But as I said, most people surely don't leave games for most of the reasons you described. A lot of them are just ridiculous.

    I get that people sometimes leave matches early because of a very unfun killer or because the match is going horribly. Of course the former is incredibly subjective so generally never a good reason to just screw over your team, but I get if people are fed up with going against a killer they hate multiple times in a row. And the latter I guess is ok, if the match really is going badly, i.e. 2 or 3 survivors downed or hooked before the first gen is done or something like that, but not 2 or 3 survivors injured before the first gen is done. That's not a good reason to quit.

    I also realise that solo queue has it's rough edges, especially with camping and tunneling still being so strong in the game.

    But there is no doubt that some people also quit just because they got downed first or the match isn't going exactly the way they wanted it to go, which is quite ridiculous.

    I've got over 3k hours in this game sadly, but of course I do not know how many hours of that I played survivor and how many of those hours I played killer. I do play more killer than survivor currently, but have been playing more solo queue recently as well.

    As stupid as half of the points I made sounded, they were indeed reasons why people threw games. I never specifically stated if I managed to escape or not, which I of course did in most cases but that's just how it went down.

    As you feel that you play killer more (even though you SoloQ as well), would you agree that it's safe to say that I have a higher chance to see more of the silly dilemmas that occur on a daily basis?

    I agree with your points there for survivors quitting too, I did state in my original post that I could have went on forever, but I kept it short because nobody likes to read an essay at 2am lmao

    Even with all the silly stuff that goes on in this game, it is still fun in most cases, even when losing.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717947#Comment_3717947

    I played this game for over 3 years now…. sure.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717948#Comment_3717948

    You mentioned one of the things. Wanna go into more. Im sure that I, indeed, "was there".

    You clearly stated the following in one of your above posts: "But your original list makes little sense at many points..."

    So clearly you wasn't there 😂

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717037#Comment_3717037

    Do you know what makes me "give up"? tunneling

    If I get saved from the hook and the killer is nearby, and they come for me again, I just give them the down and let go the skill checks. If they wanna win so bad then I will help them

    I'd say at least 50% of the survivor players giving up is because tunneling is such a prevalent strategy that nothing can be done. If tunneling was virtually impossible to do I'm positive the suicides would decrease

    So if chased again off hook you just give up rather than try to escape from chase or sink time to allow for you team to get the objective done?

    Here's a harsh pill to swallow but it needs to be said… Tunneling is not the problem, players like you are.

    Additionally giving the killer the option to just open the gates and quit at any point is also a bad idea. The game would degenerate even more so into "its not going perfectly so I quit".

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718039#Comment_3718039

    As stupid as half of the points I made sounded, they were indeed reasons why people threw games. I never specifically stated if I managed to escape or not, which I of course did in most cases but that's just how it went down.

    As you feel that you play killer more (even though you SoloQ as well), would you agree that it's safe to say that I have a higher chance to see more of the silly dilemmas that occur on a daily basis?

    I agree with your points there for survivors quitting too, I did state in my original post that I could have went on forever, but I kept it short because nobody likes to read an essay at 2am lmao

    Even with all the silly stuff that goes on in this game, it is still fun in most cases, even when losing.

    I mean fair enough if you yourself don't agree with all the reasons you stated. From your wording it just sounded differently.

    I mean as a killer I can still see why people leave matches as well. But sure, as a survivor you get that experience even more, because it can depend on the different killers gone against, as well as the playstyle of different killer players. And I get that survivor can be rough at times, no doubt.

    Personally my experience has been that solo queue isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, but that solo queue could definitely use some help as well. Again, I believe solo queue could use a bit more information to work with, like kindred basekit, and I believe that tunneling and camping need to be nerfed as well in my opinion. I still can't believe that the progress of the anti-face camp feature isn't shown on the hud for example.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717052#Comment_3717052

    So if chased again off hook you just give up rather than try to escape from chase or sink time to allow for you team to get the objective done?

    Here's a harsh pill to swallow but it needs to be said… Tunneling is not the problem, players like you are.

    Additionally giving the killer the option to just open the gates and quit at any point is also a bad idea. The game would degenerate even more so into "its not going perfectly so I quit".

    No, I'm just exposing how tunneling is a broken way to play the game that, if the player is at least decent at the game, theres nothing the other players can do, and I will proudly contribute to that until they do something to fix it

    Thats my way to protest against tunneling

    Also, adding to that:

    @Rudjohns said:

    All matches are 4k except for a few that were 3k because the last survivor escaped through the hatch. I don't slug for 4k.

    I used to hate being tunneled and also tunneling people if I was the killer, but I just said f¨¨k it, let's do it. Why not?

    What's the point of not tunneling if there is nothing in the game that prevents or punishes you for doing that? It's just the most efficient way to win.

    I also stopped complaining about killers tunneling in my survivor games because, if that happens to me, I just die on second hook GGWP and move on. I have been playing only SWF too and the people playing with me kinda have the same mindset. I gave up solo queue completely since the release of the newest patch.

    I still advocate for changes. I think tunneling should be impossible, and I have really hardcore ideas to change that, such as the unhooked survivor having endless invincibility until conspicuous action

  • reads thread

    Woo-eee

    Sure am glad I'm not miserable and have fun with the game.

    :D

  • The game is way too snowbally for killers. Any minor mistake by a survivor and the game is completely over for the survivor team.

    Survivors can tell when the game is over, there’s honestly no reason to keep playing after a point.
    Killer is not the same, you can comeback, even with 4 gens and a full team of survivors. That doesn’t happen with survivor.
    Making survivors play an obviously lost game makes no sense. The survivors know it’s over and the killer knows it’s over.

    Also, I would like to mention, on this post, it appears survivor mains are fine with survivors leaving and killer mains are the ones getting all upset that survivors are doing this.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718057#Comment_3718057

    I mean fair enough if you yourself don't agree with all the reasons you stated. From your wording it just sounded differently.

    I mean as a killer I can still see why people leave matches as well. But sure, as a survivor you get that experience even more, because it can depend on the different killers gone against, as well as the playstyle of different killer players. And I get that survivor can be rough at times, no doubt.

    Personally my experience has been that solo queue isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, but that solo queue could definitely use some help as well. Again, I believe solo queue could use a bit more information to work with, like kindred basekit, and I believe that tunneling and camping need to be nerfed as well in my opinion. I still can't believe that the progress of the anti-face camp feature isn't shown on the hud for example.

    WYM I don't agree with my own post? When did I ever say that lmao?

    Half the reasons stated ARE silly reasons to DC or suicide but thats what I witnessed.

  • @Shuma said:

    The game is way too snowbally for killers. Any minor mistake by a survivor and the game is completely over for the survivor team.

    Survivors can tell when the game is over, there’s honestly no reason to keep playing after a point.
    Killer is not the same, you can comeback, even with 4 gens and a full team of survivors. That doesn’t happen with survivor.
    Making survivors play an obviously lost game makes no sense. The survivors know it’s over and the killer knows it’s over.

    Also, I would like to mention, on this post, it appears survivor mains are fine with survivors leaving and killer mains are the ones getting all upset that survivors are doing this.

    it is still possible to bring it back though, all it takes is tunnel vision from the killer and one good chase ^^

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717608#Comment_3717608

    Once final time, else I'll take your replies as satire.

    who are you to ask me to quit a game?

    Well lets look at the point objectively.

    You have a really long laundry list of changes things you dislike about survivor changes and play and what appears to be a bit of a chip on your shoulder about the opinions of "killer players."

    So if you don't really enjoy a large number of aspects of the game then it's not wholly unreasonable for someone to ask, hey why do you play?

    The whole "players have a right to choose" element of your point is kinda exercised at the wrong moment. You choose to sign up to play DBD when you hit the queue button. That's basically your agreement with a group of other players and BHVR to play out the game. If any aspect of legitimate gameplay makes you want to quit early then that decision should be made prior to queuing up to play.

    Camping and tunneling are part of the game and should be expected as potential play you'll face. If you quit when facing expected and accepted play then you need to quit prior to queueing up, not during game.

    Nothing wrong with giving feedback and saying there are changes you don't like, but even changes you don't like aren't rationale for quitting mid game. Again make that decision before you sign up to play.

  • This is Q&A Accepted????

    Can we please get an answer that’s better than “we think the DC penalties are a good enough solution”?

  • Huh. This is new.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3717610#Comment_3717610

    Well lets look at the point objectively.

    You have a really long laundry list of changes things you dislike about survivor changes and play and what appears to be a bit of a chip on your shoulder about the opinions of "killer players."

    So if you don't really enjoy a large number of aspects of the game then it's not wholly unreasonable for someone to ask, hey why do you play?

    The whole "players have a right to choose" element of your point is kinda exercised at the wrong moment. You choose to sign up to play DBD when you hit the queue button. That's basically your agreement with a group of other players and BHVR to play out the game. If any aspect of legitimate gameplay makes you want to quit early then that decision should be made prior to queuing up to play.

    Camping and tunneling are part of the game and should be expected as potential play you'll face. If you quit when facing expected and accepted play then you need to quit prior to queueing up, not during game.

    Nothing wrong with giving feedback and saying there are changes you don't like, but even changes you don't like aren't rationale for quitting mid game. Again make that decision before you sign up to play.

    I mean if you want to look at it objectively, at what point in the entire post did I say I disliked the survivor changes? 🤔

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718067#Comment_3718067

    No, I'm just exposing how tunneling is a broken way to play the game that, if the player is at least decent at the game, theres nothing the other players can do, and I will proudly contribute to that until they do something to fix it

    Thats my way to protest against tunneling

    Also, adding to that:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/373574/since-i-started-tunneling-every-game-i-have-yet-to-lose

    So let me get this straight… you tunnel as killer because its the best thing to do even when you bemoan it as a tactic and then quit immediately if tunneled as survivor.

    This is your form of "protest."

    The concept of protest is to highlight and strive for active change which you are doing neither of here. So you are just quitting you aren't protesting. You haven't really exposed anything other than your inability to deal with tunneling and a quitter mentality.

    Let's implement your "make tunneling impossible solution." What's to stop me just body blocking the killer with my permanent immunity for the rest of the game?

    Your suggestion is more broken than even the most egregious of tunneling could be. Unfortunately making survivors immune to elimination really undermines the concept of the game and isn't a great solution to any scenario.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718196#Comment_3718196

    I mean if you want to look at it objectively, at what point in the entire post did I say I disliked the survivor changes? 🤔

    Feel free to pick any from the collection you previously listed below.

    (EDIT: I highlighted some for your convenience. But lets just say changes/ game state in general rather than survivor specific changes for further objectivity. *Also see the bolded heading… your point is framed specifically as survivors having the following butchered).

    "You have frustrations with other survivors not enjoying the game? Let me easily explain why, killers will hate this post because they know most of it is true but I'll be straight to the point with it.

    *Survivors have had the following butchered:

    • Gens take longer to do
    • Healing is currently ridiculously too slow so if a killer is fairly close it is virtually impossible to finish one heal if they have even 1 slowdown perk due to how fast killers currently move.
    • Maps are ridiculously small or terribly redesigned
    • Loops are 50/50 but with killer speed they start becoming useless fast
    • survivor perks that would give you some sort of protection like dead hard is now butchered
    • Boil over is useless and should be deleted from the game already
    • Most PC killers still don't even feel the wiggle when carrying someone
    • If you don't have at least one healing perk in moderate+ MMR games you can forget healing most of the time
    • Survivors quit when 3 people are injured at the start before a gen is done because of the above healing issue, knowing it's useless to continue.
    • Still nothing can be done about stopping a killer hard tunnelling without throwing the game unless your team is good
    • Pallets are still 50/50 when they should 60/40 to survivor due to all the killer buffs and outdated pallet drop mechanics (Getting hit when you're in the pallet drop animation and the killer hasn't even finished the animation on their side)
    • If a survivor does not bring a toolbox, unless the killer is bad you can forget finishing all the gens in time
    • Ridiculously large hitboxes for killers still exist (huntress hatchets hitting you around corners for example)
    • Nurse still exists in the game and impossible to beat unless she's awful at the game (killer has a headset which you can't reduce them hearing you at close range like iron will used to
    • Unlimited map distance for range killers with miniscule objects in the way to stop them
    • Still getting stuck on absolutely everything for no reason (Garbage map optimisation)
    • PC players being able to play with filters (Clearly borderline cheating because it gives a lighting/tint advantage but if dev's don't want to address and accept that then so be it)
    • Survivor perks are starting to become borderline useless and will continue to be when they continue to get massacred
    • Killer movement speed is starting to get out of control when using survivor perks like lithe and they are still directly behind you within 3s (I honestly think this is a bug somewhere because killers should lose bloodlust but they don't, I also had a killer traverse 8 different rooms with me on his shoulders with 0 movement perks and without iron grasp (so clearly something is wrong)
    • PTB is on PC so only the PC audience is being taken into consideration when getting feedback (one sided feedback, you do the math)
    • Foliage such as bushes have also been nerfed on some maps so it's just chases unless again, the killer is bad as they were in 1 of my games today
    • Turning animation for survivors needs to be adjusted and sped up slightly.
    • Targeted before the game has even started for being TTV or a high prestige when you're just trying to chill
    • Being forced to save teammates but they don't do the same back
    • Being left on the hook"
1 2 3 4