Please do somehting about people giving up on the hook for no reason

It can be any killer any map. These players have no intention of even playing the game so why do they keep quing up. I stream every night but so many games are ruined by team mates who instantly give up. Sometimes its several games in a row 2-3 people will give up many just runing straight up to the killer to be hit an hooked.
Even when we are completly destorying the killer someone will give up on first hook.
Like the killer will have 1 or 2 hooks someone goes on first hook there is 1 gen left we are clearly winning an they just instantly give up.

We have all had games were things may look bad then you do 1 good chase againsg the killer an the killers likely 4k turns into a 0k Bad stats don't always depict the outcome. Some killer games you might lose 3 gens realluy quickly but the survivors might make a mistake an you make a come back. DBD is one of those games were 1 thing can completely change the momentum of the game for ethier side so it's always good to try

Kinda shocked that people admit they allow killer sto tunnel them so they can just give up that is lireally the worst thing you could do as you are not only not helping yourself your encouraging killers to it more to you an to others.
You need to make effort to win in any kind of game you can't expect to win by doing nothing.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718768#Comment_3718768

    Yes, but to be fair almost EVERYONE would be testing changes, cause things changed and they want to see what its like first hand.

    Your beliefs are your own but thats also not the point. We are following the definition you gave and Deadhard does not fit.

    to spoil something completely by performing or dealing with it very badly", ie it has been nerfed.

    As Alice_pbg effectively said above, Nerf =/= Butchered. Just because it got hit with a nerf bat, even repeatedly, does not mean its butchered (by this definition) since it still performs very well with survivors who know what their doing.

    I mentioned the testing phase for the perk as it shows inflated stats directly after the nerf which is why that particular data can't really be reliable but weeks/months later can.

    I still do not agree with Alice_pbg's counter argument as she has also missed out perspective.

    Also, thanks for your eloquent response.

  • Probably been said already since there are already a few pages, but the easiest way to stop hook suicides is by removing skill checks at the second stage and on the first stage making unhook attempts not count towards the hook bar progressing (making the escape percentage less as a result).

    As people also know, this won't stop someone from quitting. Players will just stay still or run to the Killer to be killed. BHVR can do more, but ultimately it's the poor attitudes of those wet-wipes which is the hardest to overcome. I'm not sure how to overcome that.

    Possible deterants could be people who stay still until a crow appears (with the exception of survivors in the dying position) are marked and start losing BP rapidly from their total, as well as XP. If they are captured by the Killer in this state, they lose all BP and XP. Even then, I reckon there are ways around this, but it's then up to players to report them as well.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718800#Comment_3718800

    The queues are long in the evening at whatever my MMR is anyway. I'm often waiting 3 or 4 minutes for a trial that's over within 30 seconds because my teammates aren't even functional. I'd gladly take a 5 minute queue for a better game over a 3 minute queue+10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

    What's your region? For me it takes anywhere between 5 seconds and a minute.

  • I feel like this thread is going to be a graveyard the next time a mod opens it.

    On topic:

    Fix the reasons people go next instead of forcing them to be punching bags for the killer.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3718987#Comment_3718987

    I mentioned the testing phase for the perk as it shows inflated stats directly after the nerf which is why that particular data can't really be reliable but weeks/months later can.

    I still do not agree with Alice_pbg's counter argument as she has also missed out perspective.

    Also, thanks for your eloquent response.

    You didn't bother mentioning anything about stats (what kind, how it maters in this context, etc) though the 3 of us have been playing hot potato with the phone so we might have missed something.

    We don't particularly care about the counter argument but more of the statement. Nerf does not always equal butchered, following many definitions (including the one you provided).

    Takes a bow Buffy is a great teacher of talking about things

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719052#Comment_3719052

    You didn't bother mentioning anything about stats (what kind, how it maters in this context, etc) though the 3 of us have been playing hot potato with the phone so we might have missed something.

    We don't particularly care about the counter argument but more of the statement. Nerf does not always equal butchered, following many definitions (including the one you provided).

    Takes a bow Buffy is a great teacher of talking about things

    I've scrolled up once earlier and I know for a fact I've missed replies 🤣

    I believe my stats comment was in reply to your comments of:

    Its performance is satisfactory and not seeing it doesn't translate to being spoiling it completely. Special emphasis on completely as while it was nerfed from its original form, it's still very good.

    Its still used and often at that. It works fine, still can extend chases if used correct, still can be baited... We don't see it

    The stats comment was merely generally relative rather than specifically, it was more-so about how if data isn't collected over a short period of time it can be more prone to being misconstrued due to the many factors that can contribute to it, that's why I never went into further detail. Yes the same can be said for collecting data over a large period of time but it has less of a risk.

    It was relevant because we were talking about DH and it's usage; which is why I mentioned stats, that's what made the comment relevant and how it mattered.

    You have just said the following too: "Nerf does not always equal butchered" (As you said prior with Nerf=/=butchered), which I do agree with, but in this case we have differences between if DH is or isn't. Maybe it could be due to the platform differences, do you play on PC or Console?

    I know on console there is still input delay, even with my high net speed, I haven't tried DBD on PC yet (even though I own one) so maybe because of the completely different experience on there it may possibly be the sole reason we can't find common ground here.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719214#Comment_3719214

    I've scrolled up once earlier and I know for a fact I've missed replies 🤣

    I believe my stats comment was in reply to your comments of:

    Its performance is satisfactory and not seeing it doesn't translate to being spoiling it completely. Special emphasis on completely as while it was nerfed from its original form, it's still very good.

    Its still used and often at that. It works fine, still can extend chases if used correct, still can be baited... We don't see it

    The stats comment was merely generally relative rather than specifically, it was more-so about how if data isn't collected over a long period of time it can be more prone to being misconstrued due to the many factors that can contribute to it, that's why I never went into further detail. Yes the same can be said for collecting data over a large period of time but it has less of a risk.

    It was relevant because we were talking about DH and it's usage in stats, that's what made the comment relevant and how it mattered.

    You have just said the following too: "Nerf does not always equal butchered" (As you said prior with Nerf=/=butchered), which I do agree with, but in this case we have differences between if DH is or isn't. Maybe it could be due to the platform differences, do you play on PC or Console?

    I know on console there is still input delay, even with my high net speed, I haven't tried DBD on PC yet (even though I own one) so maybe because of the completely different experience on there it may possibly be the sole reason we can't find common ground here.

    Ahh I think we miss communicated our point abit. What we meant by satisfactory was that it's usable, doesn't hinder the survivor, and does it's job (to us it's "tank a hit"). We didn't include anything about stats or data as we're focused on its operation, not how well others use it or how often (as let's be honest, LOTS fall flat trying to mimic streamers and such). How often it's used doesn't fully indicate if doesn't work, more of people don't like it for some reason or another.

    We are focused on your given definition:

    to spoil something completely by performing or dealing with it very badly"

    What it seems like (an please keep in mind this is just what it seems like to us) that you are equating nerf and usage to butchered. Especially considering this line behind the definition:

    ie it has been nerfed

    We don't see common grounds due to us not thinking that DH fits in the criteria given.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    Probably been said already since there are already a few pages, but the easiest way to stop hook suicides is by removing skill checks at the second stage and on the first stage making unhook attempts not count towards the hook bar progressing (making the escape percentage less as a result).

    As people also know, this won't stop someone from quitting. Players will just stay still or run to the Killer to be killed. BHVR can do more, but ultimately it's the poor attitudes of those wet-wipes which is the hardest to overcome. I'm not sure how to overcome that.

    Possible deterants could be people who stay still until a crow appears (with the exception of survivors in the dying position) are marked and start losing BP rapidly from their total, as well as XP. If they are captured by the Killer in this state, they lose all BP and XP. Even then, I reckon there are ways around this, but it's then up to players to report them as well.

    I don't think trapping people in a trial they don't want to be in will help anything in the long run. Being able to quickly get out of a match is what makes DbD tolerable for many people. If you start forcing people to stick out a trial against a multi-slowdown Blight where a teammate has No Mither, or other complete wastes of time, you're going to start rapidly bleeding players. If the attitude is "that's what you signed up for, deal with it", then people are just not going to deal with it one way or the other.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719241#Comment_3719241

    Ahh I think we miss communicated our point abit. What we meant by satisfactory was that it's usable, doesn't hinder the survivor, and does it's job (to us it's "tank a hit"). We didn't include anything about stats or data as we're focused on its operation, not how well others use it or how often (as let's be honest, LOTS fall flat trying to mimic streamers and such). How often it's used doesn't fully indicate if doesn't work, more of people don't like it for some reason or another.

    We are focused on your given definition:

    to spoil something completely by performing or dealing with it very badly"

    What it seems like (an please keep in mind this is just what it seems like to us) that you are equating nerf and usage to butchered. Especially considering this line behind the definition:

    ie it has been nerfed

    We don't see common grounds due to us not thinking that DH fits in the criteria given.

    I believe you don't see DH fitting into the criteria given because of the following:

    Now that I completely understand what you mean by satisfactory, would it be fair to say; since you see DH as "tank a hit", you don't see any drawbacks to it regardless of any past or future nerfs done because it's still operational. Due to that, you don't quite feel that the correlation between 'nerfed' and 'butchered' would ever be applicable in this instance to each other because it will always stay as a strong perk?

    My experience with DH:

    In my games I see DH probably 1:35 games and even then I'm being generous. I'm assuming it's different for you, but that's how it is for me (Console). Just today alone I have not seen DH once, (I've seen sabo probably about 15 times today). I've escaped almost all games back to back too so MMR definitely isn't the factor. I'm on EU servers as well so you know it's sweaty regardless of the game played.

    The reason for mentioning usage:

    I knew there would be discrepancies between usage and that was expected because we all have different experiences on games regardless of what it is (iirc someone else originally mentioned usage specifically, I'd have to check the thread, I'm fairly sure I never mentioned usage in the original comment or first, if I am wrong then I shall stand corrected), so that shouldn't even be in this particular discussion and that could also be causing you confusion on your end, just the nerf and butchered comparison).

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719313#Comment_3719313

    I believe you don't see DH fitting into the criteria given because of the following:

    Now that I completely understand what you mean by satisfactory, would it be fair to say; since you see DH as "tank a hit", you don't see any drawbacks to it regardless of any past or future nerfs done because it's still operational. Due to that, you don't quite feel that the correlation between 'nerfed' and 'butchered' would ever be applicable in this instance to each other because it will always stay as a strong perk?

    My experience with DH:

    In my games I see DH probably 1:35 games and even then I'm being generous. I'm assuming it's different for you, but that's how it is for me (Console). Just today alone I have not seen DH once, (I've seen sabo probably about 15 times today). I've escaped almost all games back to back too so MMR definitely isn't the factor. I'm on EU servers as well so you know it's sweaty regardless of the game played.

    The reason for mentioning usage:

    I knew there would be discrepancies between usage and that was expected because we all have different experiences on games regardless of what it is (iirc someone else originally mentioned usage specifically, I'd have to check the thread, I'm fairly sure I never mentioned usage in the original comment or first, if I am wrong then I shall stand corrected), so that shouldn't even be in this particular discussion and that could also be causing you confusion on your end, just the nerf and butchered comparison).

    Now that I completely understand what you mean by satisfactory, would it be fair to say; since you see DH as "tank a hit", you don't see any drawbacks to it regardless of any past or future nerfs done because it's still operational. Due to that, you don't quite feel that the correlation between 'nerfed' and 'butchered' would ever be applicable in this instance to each other because it will always stay as a strong perk?

    Not quite. It currently is a strong perk (to us atleast) despite the nerfs which is why we don't think its "spoiled" let alone completely as its "performing" well (in most of our matches). If nerfed enough then maybe it would fit the criteria for butchered but as it currently stands DH does not despite the nerfs. It may or may not continue to be strong but it currently is despite everything.

    In my games I see DH probably 1:35 games and even then I'm being generous. I'm assuming it's different for you, but that's how it is for me (Console). Just today alone I have not seen DH once, (I've seen sabo probably about 15 times today). I've escaped almost all games back to back too so MMR definitely isn't the factor. I'm on EU servers as well so you know it's sweaty regardless of the game played.

    While we do see DH more, we will say again that usage rate doesn't matter to us (despite the devs seeming to heavily favor using that) as thats more of an indicator of if people like to run it or not, not the reason why they run it or how it does in their hands. Though as an aside how often is the tunneling? (NA is…..prolific tonight)

  • It's been 2024 and almost half year, and somehow this game still has hook suicide

    Do devs like that mechanics for whatever reason? it hurts everyone and saves no one, but still exists anyway, huh

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719058#Comment_3719058

    I don't think trapping people in a trial they don't want to be in will help anything in the long run. Being able to quickly get out of a match is what makes DbD tolerable for many people. If you start forcing people to stick out a trial against a multi-slowdown Blight where a teammate has No Mither, or other complete wastes of time, you're going to start rapidly bleeding players. If the attitude is "that's what you signed up for, deal with it", then people are just not going to deal with it one way or the other.

    So people actually stops playing when game has a problem, and that forces BHVR to balance it

    What's the problem really, isn't that best we can have, if that's the result we 100% should force people to stay in a match

  • WWow. Look at all these people defending survivors not getting consequences for their ragequits.

    The devs can track if survivors havent moved for a while. They could do much more. Display afk crows in the hud. Add crows when survivors dont do objectives after 80 seconds.

    Not doing objectives, "suspiciously often failing hook skillchecks"... put them in a low prio or ragequitter queue unnanounced or show it to the other survs after the game so they can be reported.

    OOr just remove the suicide. Can be done even without removing self unhook.

    You wouldnt be forced to play, you logged in for it. You'd still be free to leave... and live with the consequences.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    I just had a game against Plague where she immediately got her power and downed 2 survivors within seconds, and then she found me after hooking both of them, and the first survivor hooked killed themselves on hook

    Now, did they give up at 5 gens? Yes.
    Was it for no reason? No, that game started absurdly bad and the chances of us escaping were minimal
    Do I care? No, I also gave up, because I rather move on with the next match as soon as possible

    Yep, went agsinst a Judith's Tombstone and Fragrent Tuft of Hair Myers last night. Sure we got all but one gen done, but once he popped Teir 3 it was the end of the road for all of us. None of the survivors got points, the ones who hid in lockers once they figured out what was going on stuck around for a while but Myers decided to play the waiting game, eventually we all DC'd. Even without forfeiting our points, we hardly got any while Myers got his achievement and a generous amount of points because he basically in the most boring way possible.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719468#Comment_3719468

    Now that I completely understand what you mean by satisfactory, would it be fair to say; since you see DH as "tank a hit", you don't see any drawbacks to it regardless of any past or future nerfs done because it's still operational. Due to that, you don't quite feel that the correlation between 'nerfed' and 'butchered' would ever be applicable in this instance to each other because it will always stay as a strong perk?

    Not quite. It currently is a strong perk (to us atleast) despite the nerfs which is why we don't think its "spoiled" let alone completely as its "performing" well (in most of our matches). If nerfed enough then maybe it would fit the criteria for butchered but as it currently stands DH does not despite the nerfs. It may or may not continue to be strong but it currently is despite everything.

    In my games I see DH probably 1:35 games and even then I'm being generous. I'm assuming it's different for you, but that's how it is for me (Console). Just today alone I have not seen DH once, (I've seen sabo probably about 15 times today). I've escaped almost all games back to back too so MMR definitely isn't the factor. I'm on EU servers as well so you know it's sweaty regardless of the game played.

    While we do see DH more, we will say again that usage rate doesn't matter to us (despite the devs seeming to heavily favor using that) as thats more of an indicator of if people like to run it or not, not the reason why they run it or how it does in their hands. Though as an aside how often is the tunneling? (NA is…..prolific tonight)

    NGL mate idk if both of our brains were fried or not last night writing the comments but my first para is exactly what you said minus the future perk nerf aspect LOL

    If nerfed enough then maybe it would fit the criteria for butchered but as it currently stands DH does not despite the nerfs. It may or may not continue to be strong but it currently is despite everything.

    I still believe perspective has to play a role in it (as mentioned above), you believe it's not classed as butchered yet then that's how you feel, I can still use it but I'm borderline for it atm but I know it's strong. At the same time I also know people who can't use it at all and define it as butchered so.

    I believe the dev's look at the most used perks because they're the most effective to play the game at that current time, then slowly balance the game around them to force players to look for alternative builds, due to that other perks suffer heavily.

    I have killers who look at me while standing at the hook then swing at the hook and then look back at me and start nodding lmaooo, you'd think they were farming by that description but no, they're just another type of demon on DBD, either you get lucky and destroy them or make a mistake and then get basement hooked 🤣

    I've not seen any tunnelling today, yet.. but I have seen 2 games back to back where both players rage quit at 5 gens, still managed to escape somehow lmao

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    WWow. Look at all these people defending survivors not getting consequences for their ragequits.

    The devs can track if survivors havent moved for a while. They could do much more. Display afk crows in the hud. Add crows when survivors dont do objectives after 80 seconds.

    Not doing objectives, "suspiciously often failing hook skillchecks"... put them in a low prio or ragequitter queue unnanounced or show it to the other survs after the game so they can be reported.

    OOr just remove the suicide. Can be done even without removing self unhook.

    You wouldnt be forced to play, you logged in for it. You'd still be free to leave... and live with the consequences.

    Honestly? I don't really see killing yourself on the hook as a big deal anymore. It's happened in so many instances in the past year that it honestly doesn't matter anymore. You've also got depipping removed so that's not really affected. I just see it as an opportunity to mess around with the killer or practice loops or map chases with the killer. Usually they understand as well but others just want to get into the next game, and that's completely fine.

    The whole issue with hooks is that you can't really stop people from leaving cause they can just DC anyway, it would appear to be a healthy update but at the same time it wouldn't.

    "Not doing objectives, "suspiciously often failing hook skillchecks"... put them in a low prio or ragequitter queue unnanounced or show it to the other survs after the game so they can be reported."

    Take your above statement for example, that would bring more complaints about gen rushing, sometimes killers do need a break too (even though it's a PVP game), I don't even mind doing all 5 gens if I have to as well as finding time to take a good chase and prolong the game as much as possible so the inexperienced players can get used to the game. Reporting them with a system like that also brings into question of targeted harassment and bullying, of course as adults we look past that but it can have long lasting mind altering effects on someone. The game has a maturity rating of M (17 years old) but let's be real, children of all ages play games nowadays. At the end of the day everyone wants to just have fun on the game right? If they don't enjoy it they'll always find a way to leave. The root cause of why they quit should be looked at, not punishing players further because they quit. I still believe the cooldown for DC'ing is still optimal too, it gives you time to calm down for a while and get back into the gaming mindset.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/413828/please-do-somehting-about-people-giving-up-on-the-hook-for-no-reason

    You have frustrations with other survivors not enjoying the game? Let me easily explain why, killers will hate this post because they know most of it is true but I'll be straight to the point with it.

    Survivors have had the following butchered:

    • Gens take longer to do
    • Healing is currently ridiculously too slow so if a killer is fairly close it is virtually impossible to finish one heal if they have even 1 slowdown perk due to how fast killers currently move.
    • Maps are ridiculously small or terribly redesigned
    • Loops are 50/50 but with killer speed they start becoming useless fast
    • survivor perks that would give you some sort of protection like dead hard is now butchered
    • Boil over is useless and should be deleted from the game already
    • Most PC killers still don't even feel the wiggle when carrying someone
    • If you don't have at least one healing perk in moderate+ MMR games you can forget healing most of the time
    • Survivors quit when 3 people are injured at the start before a gen is done because of the above healing issue, knowing it's useless to continue.
    • Still nothing can be done about stopping a killer hard tunnelling without throwing the game unless your team is good
    • Pallets are still 50/50 when they should 60/40 to survivor due to all the killer buffs and outdated pallet drop mechanics (Getting hit when you're in the pallet drop animation and the killer hasn't even finished the animation on their side)
    • If a survivor does not bring a toolbox, unless the killer is bad you can forget finishing all the gens in time
    • Ridiculously large hitboxes for killers still exist (huntress hatchets hitting you around corners for example)
    • Nurse still exists in the game and impossible to beat unless she's awful at the game (killer has a headset which you can't reduce them hearing you at close range like iron will used to
    • Unlimited map distance for range killers with miniscule objects in the way to stop them
    • Still getting stuck on absolutely everything for no reason (Garbage map optimisation)
    • PC players being able to play with filters (Clearly borderline cheating because it gives a lighting/tint advantage but if dev's don't want to address and accept that then so be it)
    • Survivor perks are starting to become borderline useless and will continue to be when they continue to get massacred
    • Killer movement speed is starting to get out of control when using survivor perks like lithe and they are still directly behind you within 3s (I honestly think this is a bug somewhere because killers should lose bloodlust but they don't, I also had a killer traverse 8 different rooms with me on his shoulders with 0 movement perks and without iron grasp (so clearly something is wrong)
    • PTB is on PC so only the PC audience is being taken into consideration when getting feedback (one sided feedback, you do the math)
    • Foliage such as bushes have also been nerfed on some maps so it's just chases unless again, the killer is bad as they were in 1 of my games today
    • Turning animation for survivors needs to be adjusted and sped up slightly.
    • Targeted before the game has even started for being TTV or a high prestige when you're just trying to chill
    • Being forced to save teammates but they don't do the same back
    • Being left on the hook

    Of course you'll have the white knights who main killer saying "git good" or "skill issue" after this post because they win 3 games out of 10+ in the games that they play which suddenly makes them a legendary killer who magically knows all about the game and have secretly been watching you play DBD in your bedroom and magically knows your skill level, then get upset about a survivor tapping a button on the controller at the exit gate like it affects them in real life.

    I used to get annoyed at people DC'ing but now? How can you blame them? They're not enjoying the match or the game anymore and you're at the sole mercy of the killer, these matches do tend to be funny at parts if you do decide to stay though, and there are nice killers.. I had one where 2 people DC'd and me and a random were still in the game, I let the Wesker practise chasing me probably for around 7 minutes or so while the random did other stuff and it was still fun. The point with this last para? People do have the right to choose and DBD is still a casual game, adding a harsher penalty than one already in place will hurt the player base.

    I could go on forever with this post and this list but you get the gist.

    These are just excuses.

  • There's 4 pages worth of reasoning, enjoy the read lmao

    EDIT: Picture

    Paint.png
  • It's funny how any discussion about survivors giving up on hook instantly turns into survivor vs killer argument, where survivors want to get devs' attention to the core issues of the game, while killer mains just disregard everything and ask devs to punish survivors more.

    The sad truth is that killers usually end up winning this contest, in the sense that their side is the one the devs side with after all. The same happened in the previous grand discussion about DC penalties, where killer mains succeeded in making the devs introduce them to the game. I'm afraid the same will happen again, and they will indeed remove the fast way out, so people will just throw the game or stay AFK and thus a new cycle will begin.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719650#Comment_3719650

    Honestly? I don't really see killing yourself on the hook as a big deal anymore. It's happened in so many instances in the past year that it honestly doesn't matter anymore. You've also got depipping removed so that's not really affected. I just see it as an opportunity to mess around with the killer or practice loops or map chases with the killer. Usually they understand as well but others just want to get into the next game, and that's completely fine.

    The whole issue with hooks is that you can't really stop people from leaving cause they can just DC anyway, it would appear to be a healthy update but at the same time it wouldn't.

    "Not doing objectives, "suspiciously often failing hook skillchecks"... put them in a low prio or ragequitter queue unnanounced or show it to the other survs after the game so they can be reported."

    Take your above statement for example, that would bring more complaints about gen rushing, sometimes killers do need a break too (even though it's a PVP game), I don't even mind doing all 5 gens if I have to as well as finding time to take a good chase and prolong the game as much as possible so the inexperienced players can get used to the game. Reporting them with a system like that also brings into question of targeted harassment and bullying, of course as adults we look past that but it can have long lasting mind altering effects on someone. The game has a maturity rating of M (17 years old) but let's be real, children of all ages play games nowadays. At the end of the day everyone wants to just have fun on the game right? If they don't enjoy it they'll always find a way to leave. The root cause of why they quit should be looked at, not punishing players further because they quit. I still believe the cooldown for DC'ing is still optimal too, it gives you time to calm down for a while and get back into the gaming mindset.

    Oh. Dont get me wrong, people should and currently are free to leave at any time. Nothings stopping people from pressing "leave" and letting a probably less counterproductive bot take over.

    But people should not be able to circumvent the penalty coupled with doing so. People suicide on hook because its the method of ragequitting that doesnt get punished.

    So either punish suicides or make them unable to.

    The stuff about tracking when survs do not "play the game" were quick ideas on how to deal with people finding other ways to grief once they cant ragequit for free anymore. Never claimed those to be good ideas.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3719603#Comment_3719603

    NGL mate idk if both of our brains were fried or not last night writing the comments but my first para is exactly what you said minus the future perk nerf aspect LOL

    If nerfed enough then maybe it would fit the criteria for butchered but as it currently stands DH does not despite the nerfs. It may or may not continue to be strong but it currently is despite everything.

    I still believe perspective has to play a role in it (as mentioned above), you believe it's not classed as butchered yet then that's how you feel, I can still use it but I'm borderline for it atm but I know it's strong. At the same time I also know people who can't use it at all and define it as butchered so.

    I believe the dev's look at the most used perks because they're the most effective to play the game at that current time, then slowly balance the game around them to force players to look for alternative builds, due to that other perks suffer heavily.

    I have killers who look at me while standing at the hook then swing at the hook and then look back at me and start nodding lmaooo, you'd think they were farming by that description but no, they're just another type of demon on DBD, either you get lucky and destroy them or make a mistake and then get basement hooked 🤣

    I've not seen any tunnelling today, yet.. but I have seen 2 games back to back where both players rage quit at 5 gens, still managed to escape somehow lmao

    Perhaps, we were effectively dead and not paying to much attention. As of now we agree it's probably a perspective thing and neither is going to change their minds.

  • As comments continued to get off-topic and out of hand, despite Moderator requests to keep it civil, the thread will be closing here. As always, even if you disagree with others, or their comments or opinions, please keep posts civil and respectful. Thank you.

1 2 3 4 ›