Are the devs serious?

I’m not sure if they were trolling or just don’t know in regards to the pig “buffs.” She is, objectively, right now a better character than she will be after the patch. The slowdown/threat of a headpop is the best thing pig has, and it’s being severely nerfed

Meanwhile they are buffing the worst part of her kit, which is still counterable by predropping and running away from the loop. Huge L for Pig.

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655159#Comment_3655159

    Since I can't access the PTB... Is the dash useful OUTSIDE loops? If I crouch and ambush straight, would it cover more distance than just holding W for an M1?

    You definitely get more distance than you used to. Not sure if it’s worth doing the dash over standing up tho.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655159#Comment_3655159

    Since I can't access the PTB... Is the dash useful OUTSIDE loops? If I crouch and ambush straight, would it cover more distance than just holding W for an M1?

    1 second to crouch. 3.8 m/s

    0.75 seconds to charge ambush. Fully stopped

    2.35 seconds ambushing.

    Ambush is 6.9 m/s. Not constant but I'll simplify.


    So in 4.1 seconds you cover, 3.8 + 0 + 2.35*6.9 = 20 meters give or take.


    4.1 seconds just running = 4.6*4.1 = 18.86 meters.

    Add a lunge which is also 6.9 m/s and pretty sure you gain nothing from crouching and ambushing.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655368#Comment_3655368

    1 second to crouch. 3.8 m/s

    0.75 seconds to charge ambush. Fully stopped

    2.35 seconds ambushing.

    Ambush is 6.9 m/s. Not constant but I'll simplify.

    So in 4.1 seconds you cover, 3.8 + 0 + 2.35*6.9 = 20 meters give or take.

    4.1 seconds just running = 4.6*4.1 = 18.86 meters.

    Add a lunge which is also 6.9 m/s and pretty sure you gain nothing from crouching and ambushing.

    Might be abit better with addons... hopefully, lol

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    A few minutes ago I said no Pig main I know likes these changes, but I said that to a streamer who says Pig was the first killer she bought and she thinks they re fine. So that's one. Every other Pig main I know is not on board. We will see what happens on the PTB how things go, but... I am thinking that my go to build (in which I do not actually get many head pops but do rely on the traps for pressure) will end up with a 0% kill rate instead of my usual 60%.

    Awww man really? I haven't played DBD in like 3 years. Pig got changes? This is gonna be juicy! Lemme see whats goin on with pi....


    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)


    Aight imma head out. Imma see yall in a couple years...

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653566#Comment_3653566

    It's the only conclusion to saying that the timer nerf in any way affects the viability or strength of her head traps. An increase of the timer on RBTs doesn't change the fact that you're dragging survivors off generators to go search jigsaw boxes, and that's what her power is for.

    So, the effective playstyle of Pig - trapping survivors so they're off generators then occupying other survivors with chases, hooks, and their own traps - hasn't changed. Her ability to use stealth and Ambush is getting at least a little bit better. And finally, specifically harassing one guy off a box until they get a head pop got slightly weaker.

    This is somehow an overall nerf to Pig? Her main thing doesn't change, her weakest elements get better, and a suboptimal playstyle gets very slightly weaker?

    Literally nobody camps people on boxes with head traps except trolls. The timer stops when you do that and at the point you have them cornered like that assuming survivors haven't 99%'d all the gens by that time you could have just hooked them and stopped messing around.

    All this did was make her lunge better....which really didn't need it and made the actual head pops impossible to get unless the survivor just stands there AFK. Which isn't as fun. At this point with all the box nerfs they may as well remove it because it doesn't do anything but act as a set piece decoration. Which is....pretty boring ngl. No threat to it. I go back to sleep now.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653575#Comment_3653575

    Literally nobody camps people on boxes with head traps except trolls. The timer stops when you do that and at the point you have them cornered like that assuming survivors haven't 99%'d all the gens by that time you could have just hooked them and stopped messing around.

    All this did was make her lunge better....which really didn't need it and made the actual head pops impossible to get unless the survivor just stands there AFK. Which isn't as fun. At this point with all the box nerfs they may as well remove it because it doesn't do anything but act as a set piece decoration. Which is....pretty boring ngl. No threat to it. I go back to sleep now.

    If nobody does the only thing that would be affected by the timer nerf, we're golden, there's no problem.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655626#Comment_3655626

    If nobody does the only thing that would be affected by the timer nerf, we're golden, there's no problem.

    There is a problem.


    The problem is she has a wasted power slot where something else effective could go. You could play ghostface and do 10 times better. But I'm not gonna sit here and go over the TTK numbers again between the two been there done that explanation. It was depressing years ago, its still depressing now. I shouldn't have to explain pressure flow and psychology and TTK anymore as long as this games been around. Nor should I have to explain the flaw behind the idea that a thing doing nothing is magically doing something because we imagine its doing something. Time is still time. But yall have fun with the nerfs to an abomination of the SAW franchise.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655628#Comment_3655628

    There is a problem.

    The problem is she has a wasted power slot where something else effective could go. You could play ghostface and do 10 times better. But I'm not gonna sit here and go over the TTK numbers again between the two been there done that explanation. It was depressing years ago, its still depressing now. I shouldn't have to explain pressure flow and psychology and TTK anymore as long as this games been around. Nor should I have to explain the flaw behind the idea that a thing doing nothing is magically doing something because we imagine its doing something. Time is still time. But yall have fun with the nerfs to an abomination of the SAW franchise.

    These mf's really took the SAW out of pig I can't believe it....

    What on earth are you talking about?

    The entire reason the timer nerf doesn't matter is because it doesn't affect the main point of value of Pig's RBTs. Thirty extra seconds on the timer just gives more time for survivors to be off generators and searching boxes, it isn't so much of a nerf that they can safely ignore traps or anything.

    As I said in the post you quoted. Pig's stealth/chase got slightly better, the main value of her traps doesn't change, and some slight edge cases were shored up in a way that shouldn't matter too much in most games. You'll forgive me for not being too upset about this outcome.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655632#Comment_3655632

    What on earth are you talking about?

    The entire reason the timer nerf doesn't matter is because it doesn't affect the main point of value of Pig's RBTs. Thirty extra seconds on the timer just gives more time for survivors to be off generators and searching boxes, it isn't so much of a nerf that they can safely ignore traps or anything.

    As I said in the post you quoted. Pig's stealth/chase got slightly better, the main value of her traps doesn't change, and some slight edge cases were shored up in a way that shouldn't matter too much in most games. You'll forgive me for not being too upset about this outcome.


    There is no value in Pigs RBTs.....

    ^ THATS THE POINT. What do you guys not understand about that? It was already low value to begin with with the off chance you ran reduction timers and the survivors didn't care about each other. AKA just fire off gens ignoring the person you just trapped. You can 99% the gens. And get an extra 30 seconds on top of the compounding time loss should you end up facing them again freezing that 3 minutes and adding ?X? value to the overall premise. AND IF NO GEN WENT OFF IN THE TIME THEY HAVE IT ON IT HAS DONE 0 PRESSURE. Her anti loops suck compared to whats new on the roster and even compared to whats old. So the only unique thing about her kit is useless.

    "mmm bbb BUT MUH pushing people off gens!"

    Stop it...

    Survivors aren't stupid apes.

    They aren't gonna be PrEsSuRed by an imaginary number that doesn't start until they say its time to start (99% gens). And they aren't gonna sit their holdin their dick in their hands pretending the trap is a threat.

    "mmm bbb but you can kick GENS!"

    Congratulations now they've wasted your time.


    If head traps went red as soon as you put them on someones head this would be a completely different discussion about pressure but they don't. So I wont.

  • @GeneralSkien said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654038#Comment_3654038

    i might have some bias with my love for head pop builds so take what I say with some salt, but I just don’t like the changes personally. The RBT changes makes them feel weak… ignoreable which is fine! It was like that somewhat before But it kinda sucks because 70% of her add-ons are about the lethality of the RBT, so making it feel like a head cushion to be removed at your pleasure rather than an inconvenience. My main gripe is that now the RBT’s feel kinda stapled on like

    ”yeah we gotta stealth killer with a dash , let’s just staple this on and call it a day”

    it’s just not good anti-loop, I don’t play pig because I love the dash, I play pig because I wanna use a reverse bear trap! I wanna put the survivors in a saw movie. If I wanted anti-loop I’d play a killer with an actual anti loop!

    my frustration comes from the fact that removing the lethality of the Bear traps makes it feel like a slap in the face, and it gets worse because more than half the add-ons are to increase the lethality of the bear traps. I just see wasted potential and get upset

    the point is, I understand it was somewhat brain dead to play, but I don’t like the idea of bhvr removing an entire playable of a killer

    I understand your frustrations but here's the deal.

    I know dbd is full of horror fanatics but that is irrelevant to balance in every possible way. The age old "make the killer feel like an unstoppable force" bit is so ignorant and a terrible argument if it can be called that. That example is more extreme but it's the same with pig traps actually killing survivors who are diligently trying to remove the traps.

    The add-ons I wouldn't know about and that does suck but it's better long term.

    You get a better chase power that actually is impactful in any way, if the pig player knows what they are doing they have way more opportunity to get a hit out of it instead of a survivor just wing away for free.

    You still retain the same amount of slow down, you actual chase power gets in increase in power level of about 25% and you can't preform a cheese play style that only worked on survivors who didn't preform well.

    If you remove the fact that you like saw, this is only a w for you. It's like if a wesker main complained about a person going back to 0 infection off hook instead of half, your still getting the slowdown the mechanic is intended for you just can't randomly cheese one or two people.

    Pig players might like the head pops but survivors like actually getting chased instead of a the killer crouching behind them interrupting them on a box until they die, it's literally the only redeeming quality of survivor besides being able to play with friends.

    @Princesse_nico said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654282#Comment_3654282

    Sometimes the killer is arround gens and even if you would not have a trap you would not be able to do gen.

    They are many situation where the traps does not slow down the game.

    What's the point in commenting if you not going to explicate, people seem to do that A ton on this forum.

  • "The RBT changes make it harder for me to tunnel someone out of the game!", is all I have read in all of these responses.

    Personally, on Pig, I'm a big fan of scream builds. Make them scream over and over to interrupt boxes, and then chase/grab them off said boxes. Drop/slug them, and start again. It's a disgusting build, and it gets a lot of headpops.

    Am I sad to see this go? Not really, I think it is a pretty toxic playstyle that doesn't contribute to the health of the game. It might be fun for the killer, but it is miserable for survivors. Both sides have had obviously toxic playstyles taken away from them to improve the health of the game, and this is just another one. 🤷‍♂️

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654587#Comment_3654587

    Sorry about the late response, I was distracted by the PTB, lol

    So I think a big miscommunication between us is that you seem to think I/this change is in favour of Pig being stopped from interrupting searches, and I don't think that's quite accurate. There's not actually anything in these changes stopping Pig from interrupting boxes, it's just harder to get specifically a head-pop from doing it and you have to utilise a little more tracking skill to try it in the first place.

    What I think this change is meant to accomplish is twofold, in that regard. I think it's meant to communicate to Pig players, especially newer ones, that you're not really supposed to be patrolling those boxes as your primary gameplay loop, you're meant to be spreading pressure. The second is that I think it's meant to reinforce that the benefit of interrupting boxes now and then is more slowdown, not a head-pop. Find a survivor on a box, harry them away, go do something else, that survivor is forced to either double back around and risk running into you again or run to another box.

    The problem with the increase-urgency addons is that they increase the risk of dying to a head trap. That's exactly why the Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears combination was nerfed, it increased the risk to the point where the survivor couldn't reasonably guarantee staying alive if they dropped everything to go search boxes, which skewed Pig's power massively from a fair slowdown mechanic to an unfair free kill. Now when you run them, it increases urgency, but only to the point where you have much less leeway to do anything else; you're still probably not gonna die unless the Pig hard-focuses you.

    This is also why I don't think current Tampered Timer is actually all that good. The slowdown from the Gears addons adds up, even if it's kinda minor, but the Tampered Timer doesn't actually make head-pops reliable (which it shouldn't) nor does it actually change the slowdown numbers at all, it just makes survivors go through their searches quicker without any dallying around which can kind of backfire on you if they only have a few searches to do at all. I'd much rather see this addon reworked to be more cohesive with what her kit actually excels in, at least the Annotated Plan provides some really meagre team pressure to stop gen repairs entirely- and even then it's not good.

    The addons existing doesn't mean they're inherently well designed or healthy. Killers have had dumb problematic addons for as long as the game's been out, on and off. Even so, if you were to argue that the playstyle of Pig trying to ambush searches and gain pressure that way is healthy, the fact that it's still extremely doable with those addons and just requires more effort + brainpower would still support my base claim. What a power's designed to do at base can be altered with addons, after all.

    It's all good, I don't have access to the PTB so I rely on others for footage and information.

    I think you're right, there is a bit of a miscommunication going on, but I get the feeling we may have to agree to a handshake on it in the end.

    I understand the point you're making, that survivors aren't on gens, and having a longer timer means survivors spend more time doing other things, instead of clearing boxes, so that is even more time off gens, but time without pressure is worthless.

    My main point of contention that I can't get past with this change is, OK fine, they take our auras and want us not to harass for head pops. The problem I now have is... why would I ever bother interrupting a survivor on a box at all?

    I don't tunnel survivors or camp boxes, but I understand that a well timed interupt if I'm paying attention to the number of boxes searched can apply a lot of pressure... as even just the 1 interrupt can put a survivor on a significant time crunch.

    By adding 30s to the timer, I can't stall out their Timer for a head pop at all (which is the intention of this change)... if they're dealing with a trap though, they aren't on a gen... so if its not possible for me to get somewhat close to a head pop, why would I harass this survivor at all? It isn't gonna lead to any questions about whether they have time to heal, come for an unhook, or stop a gen regressing, because they have plenty of time to do so.... so me interrupting a survivor on a box is a complete waste of my time in this 4vs1 game if the possibility of popping a head is non-existent.

    I don't have so much concern now that I've seen that her add-ons made partially basekit haven't been nerfed as much as I thought they were gonna be (JMF is really nice). So she is not totally dead in water as a killer... but... I genuinely can't see how anyone can think that Pig is somehow a stronger killer by making the threat of her Pig boxes so low... the breakpoints on a survivors time got so much longer, that survivors can now be pretty casual about her boxes.

    Noone has ever said Pig was a strong killer, but she was a noob stomper. This change does nerf bat low level Pigs quite well against low level players... same as Onryō... but against high level players, she hasn't gained enough to really level the playing field, and has lost the ability to cramp a high skilled survivors time enough with the threat they might get caught at box 4. It was already risking/sacrificing a lot to get pressure against high level survivors by interrupting boxes... now its basically slam dunking the game into the trash to even try.

    Maybe that's what everyone wants? To me I see Pigs slowdown more of a mindgame in of itself, one where the time spent harassing boxes isn't the most efficient use of your time, but the idea you MIGHT do it, can create a subtle pressure on survivors to take less optimal choices. That less optimal choice might make the difference killing a player 30s sooner than you otherwise would have, which can totally turn a game.

    Just like Trapper, when a long term plan pays off, e.g. catching a survivor who got their head trap off in the nick of time, but didn't heal in order to do so, is satisfying to the point that it offsets the fact your aren't a top tier killer. 1 game where this works can offset 4 games of eating pallets and getting harassed constantly. Now her slowdown has been made binary and dumb, where you simply just ignore survivors with head traps. Always. It's totally pointless to interact with them at all.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654060#Comment_3654060

    I understand your frustrations but here's the deal.

    I know dbd is full of horror fanatics but that is irrelevant to balance in every possible way. The age old "make the killer feel like an unstoppable force" bit is so ignorant and a terrible argument if it can be called that. That example is more extreme but it's the same with pig traps actually killing survivors who are diligently trying to remove the traps.

    The add-ons I wouldn't know about and that does suck but it's better long term.

    You get a better chase power that actually is impactful in any way, if the pig player knows what they are doing they have way more opportunity to get a hit out of it instead of a survivor just wing away for free.

    You still retain the same amount of slow down, you actual chase power gets in increase in power level of about 25% and you can't preform a cheese play style that only worked on survivors who didn't preform well.

    If you remove the fact that you like saw, this is only a w for you. It's like if a wesker main complained about a person going back to 0 infection off hook instead of half, your still getting the slowdown the mechanic is intended for you just can't randomly cheese one or two people.

    Pig players might like the head pops but survivors like actually getting chased instead of a the killer crouching behind them interrupting them on a box until they die, it's literally the only redeeming quality of survivor besides being able to play with friends.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654343#Comment_3654343

    What's the point in commenting if you not going to explicate, people seem to do that A ton on this forum.

    gonna say this because it's getting really annoying to keep seeing it...


    PIG DOES NOT HAVE A CHASE POWER!


    it's a surprise attack that has a few applications during chase. but it's not a chase power. you are not supposed to use it in chase, we just found a way where it works to mindgame some loops, if the survivor doesn't leave the loop running the opposite direction when you start doing it.


    you can use it just as much as you can use trapper's power during a chase. does trapper have a chase power now?


    is "chase power" such a broad and therefore useless term that it loses any meaning?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655644#Comment_3655644

    gonna say this because it's getting really annoying to keep seeing it...

    PIG DOES NOT HAVE A CHASE POWER!

    it's a surprise attack that has a few applications during chase. but it's not a chase power. you are not supposed to use it in chase, we just found a way where it works to mindgame some loops, if the survivor doesn't leave the loop running the opposite direction when you start doing it.

    you can use it just as much as you can use trapper's power during a chase. does trapper have a chase power now?

    is "chase power" such a broad and therefore useless term that it loses any meaning?

    With how people keep coming up with new definitions of anything, we're going to say yeah it's lost meaning.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654060#Comment_3654060

    I understand your frustrations but here's the deal.

    I know dbd is full of horror fanatics but that is irrelevant to balance in every possible way. The age old "make the killer feel like an unstoppable force" bit is so ignorant and a terrible argument if it can be called that. That example is more extreme but it's the same with pig traps actually killing survivors who are diligently trying to remove the traps.

    The add-ons I wouldn't know about and that does suck but it's better long term.

    You get a better chase power that actually is impactful in any way, if the pig player knows what they are doing they have way more opportunity to get a hit out of it instead of a survivor just wing away for free.

    You still retain the same amount of slow down, you actual chase power gets in increase in power level of about 25% and you can't preform a cheese play style that only worked on survivors who didn't preform well.

    If you remove the fact that you like saw, this is only a w for you. It's like if a wesker main complained about a person going back to 0 infection off hook instead of half, your still getting the slowdown the mechanic is intended for you just can't randomly cheese one or two people.

    Pig players might like the head pops but survivors like actually getting chased instead of a the killer crouching behind them interrupting them on a box until they die, it's literally the only redeeming quality of survivor besides being able to play with friends.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654343#Comment_3654343

    What's the point in commenting if you not going to explicate, people seem to do that A ton on this forum.

    I’ve been playing the PTB for a while and I have a few thoughts.

    the dash is better! Way better but not good enough still. I think a main problem is the roar, it telegraphs your attack TOO well. Additionally I feel pig is too reliant on the last will + Workshop Grease combo still. I think a base kit increase to speed and ambush charge speed, WITHOUT touching those add-ons.


    for the RBTs….

    they feel eh, they get the same slowdown but I feel like I have less control, and survivors are just ignoring it till it’s inconvenient. I feel like a gameplay, and lore wise change to add to make the RBTs more deadly while still having player interaction is to have the RBT timer speed up while doing gens, or altruistic actions. It would make sense lore wise, and design wise. It would make the RBTs apply even more pressure than before, while not being oppressive.

  • I can't get over the fact that there's so many people in this thread that are trying to justify nerfs to a weak killer that they don't even play when the Pig mains with thousands of hours are saying that this is directly a nerf to her power. Holy DbD.

  • @Nebula said:

    I can't get over the fact that there's so many people in this thread that are trying to justify nerfs to a weak killer that they don't even play when the Pig mains with thousands of hours are saying that this is directly a nerf to her power. Holy DbD.

    It's a bit silly to assume everyone who disagrees with you doesn't play the killer being discussed.

    The arguments in favour of this being a massive direct nerf to her main value are shaky and unconvincing regardless of who they come from, too. Hourcount doesn't guarantee that you know what you're talking about in general.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656205#Comment_3656205

    It's a bit silly to assume everyone who disagrees with you doesn't play the killer being discussed.

    The arguments in favour of this being a massive direct nerf to her main value are shaky and unconvincing regardless of who they come from, too. Hourcount doesn't guarantee that you know what you're talking about in general.

    I worded that poorly, so for that I'm sorry. I don't doubt that you or others play Pig, but my point was more so that there are multiple people on this thread and others with thousands of hours solely in Pig and I think it's a little silly to be telling them that they're overreacting when they have way more experience with her than anybody else. I've seen this happen with dozens of trapper players as well.

    And I'd disagree with hour count not equating to knowing what you're talking about. If you have thousands of hours on a weaker, niche killer I'd say you have way more of an understanding of her and her power than someone that just plays her rotationally or plays against her. This argument kind of reads to me like a your local dad trying to diagnose you because he thinks he knows as much as the doctor does. I understand your argument about the traps not being meant to kill anyone but when you have all the mains telling you that this is a harder nerf to her than the ambush changes were a buff, I think it's silly to argue that.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655644#Comment_3655644

    gonna say this because it's getting really annoying to keep seeing it...

    PIG DOES NOT HAVE A CHASE POWER!

    it's a surprise attack that has a few applications during chase. but it's not a chase power. you are not supposed to use it in chase, we just found a way where it works to mindgame some loops, if the survivor doesn't leave the loop running the opposite direction when you start doing it.

    you can use it just as much as you can use trapper's power during a chase. does trapper have a chase power now?

    is "chase power" such a broad and therefore useless term that it loses any meaning?

    @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656051#Comment_3656051

    With how people keep coming up with new definitions of anything, we're going to say yeah it's lost meaning.

    Agreed. Same with the words "healthy change". Relegated to being only simple buzzwords molded to fit any narrative.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656243#Comment_3656243

    I worded that poorly, so for that I'm sorry. I don't doubt that you or others play Pig, but my point was more so that there are multiple people on this thread and others with thousands of hours solely in Pig and I think it's a little silly to be telling them that they're overreacting when they have way more experience with her than anybody else. I've seen this happen with dozens of trapper players as well.

    And I'd disagree with hour count not equating to knowing what you're talking about. If you have thousands of hours on a weaker, niche killer I'd say you have way more of an understanding of her and her power than someone that just plays her rotationally or plays against her. This argument kind of reads to me like a your local dad trying to diagnose you because he thinks he knows as much as the doctor does. I understand your argument about the traps not being meant to kill anyone but when you have all the mains telling you that this is a harder nerf to her than the ambush changes were a buff, I think it's silly to argue that.

    You're still assuming two things, though.

    You're assuming that everyone who disagrees with you isn't someone with comparable hours on Pig, and you're assuming that having a high hourcount means you understand game design inherently and unavoidably better than someone with less hours.

    For the first, it's just an assumption without basis. For the second, it's forgetting that skill at playing a video game and skill at analysing a video game are different skillsets. There's overlap, but not every commentator/analyst is a top-level player of the game they're associated with for that reason.

    Don't get blinded by seeing a big number in an area that's only mostly related. Pay attention to the arguments themselves and how much they hold water.

    EDIT: forgot to mention that people who otherwise know what they're talking about are 100% capable of overreacting in the moment, too.

  • @Nebula said:

    I can't get over the fact that there's so many people in this thread that are trying to justify nerfs to a weak killer that they don't even play when the Pig mains with thousands of hours are saying that this is directly a nerf to her power. Holy DbD.

    I'm sayin! @woundcowboy speaking their truths and we have yet to be on the same page on a change as much as this one. Much love to you, Cowboy. They were dolling out some powerful buffs this patch, and Pig gets an overall nerf? She already doesn't have much going for her other and you'll never hear any big content creator call her a strong killer or even mentioned in the same breath as actual strong killers. Even when they said it was a buff? For whom? Not those safe & sorry ambush numbers, cause those don't even adequately address her main issues. In the current iteration, it feels more of a band-aid fix and (yet again) pigeonholing pig players into playstyles her power isn't fully designed for.

  • I feel like there should be an honest survivor’s perspective. I have said something’s that are based on the idea that the extra 30 seconds and inability to pressure boxes will be hard but, will it? I’ve played PTB pig and I believe the dash changes are good, but still not enough.

    I feel like a survivor’s perspective on how the pig changes are could help people get a better understanding of they are drastic or not.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656265#Comment_3656265

    You're still assuming two things, though.

    You're assuming that everyone who disagrees with you isn't someone with comparable hours on Pig, and you're assuming that having a high hourcount means you understand game design inherently and unavoidably better than someone with less hours.

    For the first, it's just an assumption without basis. For the second, it's forgetting that skill at playing a video game and skill at analysing a video game are different skillsets. There's overlap, but not every commentator/analyst is a top-level player of the game they're associated with for that reason.

    Don't get blinded by seeing a big number in an area that's only mostly related. Pay attention to the arguments themselves and how much they hold water.

    EDIT: forgot to mention that people who otherwise know what they're talking about are 100% capable of overreacting in the moment, too.

    I see your points but I still have contention with them.

    1. I'm not assuming that everyone who disagrees with me doesnt have comparable hours to me on Pig. I'm assuming that the players that have mained her for years and have solely dedicated hours and hours to learning and playing her have a better understanding of her than your average DbD player. I also have my own opinions on this change and agree with the Pig mains that this is entirely unnecessary.
    2. I totally get that, but if you're going to argue that the commentator that's not on top-player level has a higher degree of knowledge than the actual top-level player than we just disagree.
    3. I think your whole point in this debate has centered around the point you seem to make about pigs traps not being meant to kill survivors, and I think that this is completely subjective and just outright not true. As Undead Jester pointed out, if the traps weren't meant to have lethality than why are over half her add-ons trap lethality based?
    4. Why in the world does Pig deserve to be nerfed on any level and not outright buffed when killers like Huntress in the very same patch are receiving outright buffs, no nerfs? She's stronger, played more, and outlines a balance design issue with the developers.
  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656290#Comment_3656290

    I see your points but I still have contention with them.

    1. I'm not assuming that everyone who disagrees with me doesnt have comparable hours to me on Pig. I'm assuming that the players that have mained her for years and have solely dedicated hours and hours to learning and playing her have a better understanding of her than your average DbD player. I also have my own opinions on this change and agree with the Pig mains that this is entirely unnecessary.
    2. I totally get that, but if you're going to argue that the commentator that's not on top-player level has a higher degree of knowledge than the actual top-level player than we just disagree.
    3. I think your whole point in this debate has centered around the point you seem to make about pigs traps not being meant to kill survivors, and I think that this is completely subjective and just outright not true. As Undead Jester pointed out, if the traps weren't meant to have lethality than why are over half her add-ons trap lethality based?
    4. Why in the world does Pig deserve to be nerfed on any level and not outright buffed when killers like Huntress in the very same patch are receiving outright buffs, no nerfs? She's stronger, played more, and outlines a balance design issue with the developers.

    1: Slight correction: It's not that you're assuming they don't have comparable hours to you, it's that you're assuming only the people who outright say they have hundreds/thousands of hours are that dedicated. You don't know anyone's hourcount, the people you disagree with could have comparable hours to those other players you're seeing talk. Apologies if the italics seem aggressive, they're just for emphasis.

    2: That's not the argument, I'm just pointing out that those commentators have comparable knowledge to the actual top tier players. The ability to execute on the knowledge isn't a requirement to have the knowledge to begin with. The people who can physically perform the action don't have knowledge the people can't are incapable of getting. You can have a comparable understanding to a top tier player without being required to perform at that level personally. Mechanical skill and analytical skill are different skillsets.

    3: That is how she's designed, yeah. As I said to my esteemed fellow Jester, those addons are both not particularly well designed and, separately, more geared towards increasing the slowdown you get from survivors being pushed towards boxes and you pushing them away. The actual "goal" of the timer reaching zero isn't meant to happen unless the survivors mess up, that's why some of the listed addons have been nerfed whenever they get too good at forcing it to happen reliably.

    4: Buffs and nerfs are more versatile tools than just "make thing stronger generally" and "make thing weaker generally". Huntress is getting buffs because the devs feel she's too dependant on certain addons, that much has been stated outright. Pig is getting nerfs alongside her buffs because... well, I can't say with complete confidence, but I think it's because they want forcing head-pops to be less appealing compared to the alternatives and they also want to cover for bad box spreads on certain maps where survivors may get head-popped even though they're taking the right action to prevent it and the killer isn't even really trying to stop them.

    Whether you agree with Huntress being buffed at all, there's nuance that goes beyond "This killer is weak, buff them" and "This killer is strong, nerf them". Game balance is rarely so binary. That's why a killer like Pig, who is only middling in terms of strength, could get totally fair and justified nerfs- those nerfs don't actually affect her core gameplay or design, they're not that impactful even when the killer would notice them, and they hem in some unfair edge cases with RNG. The fact that those slight and mostly-healthy nerfs come alongside noticeable and welcome buffs is good, mind you, I'm very glad they did it that way. It's just not inherently a bad thing for them to exist just because "Pig is weak (ish), ergo, she should never be nerfed in any way".

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656362#Comment_3656362

    1: Slight correction: It's not that you're assuming they don't have comparable hours to you, it's that you're assuming only the people who outright say they have hundreds/thousands of hours are that dedicated. You don't know anyone's hourcount, the people you disagree with could have comparable hours to those other players you're seeing talk. Apologies if the italics seem aggressive, they're just for emphasis.

    2: That's not the argument, I'm just pointing out that those commentators have comparable knowledge to the actual top tier players. The ability to execute on the knowledge isn't a requirement to have the knowledge to begin with. The people who can physically perform the action don't have knowledge the people can't are incapable of getting. You can have a comparable understanding to a top tier player without being required to perform at that level personally. Mechanical skill and analytical skill are different skillsets.

    3: That is how she's designed, yeah. As I said to my esteemed fellow Jester, those addons are both not particularly well designed and, separately, more geared towards increasing the slowdown you get from survivors being pushed towards boxes and you pushing them away. The actual "goal" of the timer reaching zero isn't meant to happen unless the survivors mess up, that's why some of the listed addons have been nerfed whenever they get too good at forcing it to happen reliably.

    4: Buffs and nerfs are more versatile tools than just "make thing stronger generally" and "make thing weaker generally". Huntress is getting buffs because the devs feel she's too dependant on certain addons, that much has been stated outright. Pig is getting nerfs alongside her buffs because... well, I can't say with complete confidence, but I think it's because they want forcing head-pops to be less appealing compared to the alternatives and they also want to cover for bad box spreads on certain maps where survivors may get head-popped even though they're taking the right action to prevent it and the killer isn't even really trying to stop them.

    Whether you agree with Huntress being buffed at all, there's nuance that goes beyond "This killer is weak, buff them" and "This killer is strong, nerf them". Game balance is rarely so binary. That's why a killer like Pig, who is only middling in terms of strength, could get totally fair and justified nerfs- those nerfs don't actually affect her core gameplay or design, they're not that impactful even when the killer would notice them, and they hem in some unfair edge cases with RNG. The fact that those slight and mostly-healthy nerfs come alongside noticeable and welcome buffs is good, mind you, I'm very glad they did it that way. It's just not inherently a bad thing for them to exist just because "Pig is weak (ish), ergo, she should never be nerfed in any way".

    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on most of your points, especially about your balance points. There is definitely way more nuance than I implied in my last post, I'm not the best at clearly conveying my thoughts sometimes.

    To the point of her trap lethality, I think we just fundamentally disagree, which is totally fine, at the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference. I just can't imagine that lethality was not intended when add-ons like Tampered Timer have been in the game for 6 years now (I know it got tweaked at one point, but left in the game regardless). That add-on is practically only for the purpose of adding more lethality to her traps, nothing else.

    I think where I'm getting frustrated with these patch notes is that seeing a killer like Huntress get basekit buffs for objectively strong add-ons that are in my mind absolutely not necessary and will add to her lethality a very considerable amount, while poor Pig is still crouch walking slower than survivors and the ambush just got basekit yellow and brown add on buffs, it doesn't really change much. Better? For sure, absolutely, but I don't think it's enough to justify touching her traps.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656387#Comment_3656387

    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on most of your points, especially about your balance points. There is definitely way more nuance than I implied in my last post, I'm not the best at clearly conveying my thoughts sometimes.

    To the point of her trap lethality, I think we just fundamentally disagree, which is totally fine, at the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference. I just can't imagine that lethality was not intended when add-ons like Tampered Timer have been in the game for 6 years now (I know it got tweaked at one point, but left in the game regardless). That add-on is practically only for the purpose of adding more lethality to her traps, nothing else.

    I think where I'm getting frustrated with these patch notes is that seeing a killer like Huntress get basekit buffs for objectively strong add-ons that are in my mind absolutely not necessary and will add to her lethality a very considerable amount, while poor Pig is still crouch walking slower than survivors and the ambush just got basekit yellow and brown add on buffs, it doesn't really change much. Better? For sure, absolutely, but I don't think it's enough to justify touching her traps.

    It's fair for us to disagree, of course, I'm always happy to drop a topic with a respectful disagreement- but if you wouldn't mind hearing me out, I do have a slight gripe with the way the Tampered Timer is invoked here.

    Even if we were to assume its only purpose is to flat increase lethality (which I'm on the fence about, there are other ways to interpret it), that doesn't necessarily mean that Pig's power is designed that way overall. It could be an addon designed to add that element to her kit where it didn't meaningfully exist before... or it could just be a flat out badly designed addon.

    Iridescent Head and Pinky Finger weren't changed for years, after all. Tombstone Piece is still in the game. Addons existing doesn't automatically mean they're healthy, well designed, or cohesive with what the power is actually supposed to do basekit.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656406#Comment_3656406

    It's fair for us to disagree, of course, I'm always happy to drop a topic with a respectful disagreement- but if you wouldn't mind hearing me out, I do have a slight gripe with the way the Tampered Timer is invoked here.

    Even if we were to assume its only purpose is to flat increase lethality (which I'm on the fence about, there are other ways to interpret it), that doesn't necessarily mean that Pig's power is designed that way overall. It could be an addon designed to add that element to her kit where it didn't meaningfully exist before... or it could just be a flat out badly designed addon.

    Iridescent Head and Pinky Finger weren't changed for years, after all. Tombstone Piece is still in the game. Addons existing doesn't automatically mean they're healthy, well designed, or cohesive with what the power is actually supposed to do basekit.

    Oh absolutely, I definitely understand you now. There are for sure a plethora of add ons that fundamentally change the way a killers played, and tampered timer could definitely fall under that category. And you got no argument from me on there being plenty of poorly designed add ons in the game 🤣

  • As if traps werent easy as fxck to remove, now they have extra time... Soon they won:t even have skillchecks at all for that

  • While the nerfs are healthy and incentivize pig to play to her chase, I am sure most people that play her don't play her because of her chase, they play her because of her RBTs, you know, her core power. Ambush is already nearly useless and 0.3 extra seconds of duration won't change that. I mean, do you think people play Sadako because of her chase? No.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655644#Comment_3655644

    gonna say this because it's getting really annoying to keep seeing it...

    PIG DOES NOT HAVE A CHASE POWER!

    it's a surprise attack that has a few applications during chase. but it's not a chase power. you are not supposed to use it in chase, we just found a way where it works to mindgame some loops, if the survivor doesn't leave the loop running the opposite direction when you start doing it.

    you can use it just as much as you can use trapper's power during a chase. does trapper have a chase power now?

    is "chase power" such a broad and therefore useless term that it loses any meaning?

    Regardless of how strong it is even though it got a significant buff, pig does have a chase power. Your simply wrong. If you can force survivors to play differently then it's a chase power. I've watched my pig main friend play on the ptb several times now, Almost any filler tile it's more beneficial to use power over m1. Even tiles like LT and Short walls are extremely playable using pigs power. The only major generic tile that it doesn't work at is a long wall and just BARELY. Pig can literally triple back moonrush the tile side of a short wall now. The pig is using it wrong or at the wrong place if they don't atleast have the chance to get a hit at most tiles. Pig ambush at a lot of tiles is simply a better version of blights moon rush, straight up. While that blight tech isn't the best it's still viable and pigs is better.

    Saying she doesn't have a chase power, idk skill issue. The extra distance she's got if she uses the power at the correct distance means Wing from a tile always results in a hit. She is no a tier killer, not even close but she does have a chase power.

    @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656051#Comment_3656051

    With how people keep coming up with new definitions of anything, we're going to say yeah it's lost meaning.

    So that means you think she has 0 chase power? That's just not true.


    https://youtu.be/TxyABUA0G3Q

    I saw this vid in my feed before starting to reply here, I decided to watch it before posting my reply. 8:30 is the perfect example of this killer having chase power. There is not a single safe option for that adam on a relatively strong McMillan filler tile with the pallet dropped, It's actually the second past Mac filler. 13:00 is the strong Mac filler tile. BLIGHT can barely play this tile. You can point out all the misplays in this video on the survivors part but if you have any interest in discussion you would realize at least some of the plays on the survivors part are actually the best course and they still lost to ambush.

  • I do think the aura change was necessary for the campers with scream perks that make vsing Pig extremely unfun. The timer nerf is unnecessary though, it needlessly weakens the base slowdown she's built around as a character. Headpops already weren't common, and thirty seconds is a big window.

    They either need to tune Ambush up as a power way more to compensate, or roll back the timer change entirely. I wonder if BHVR will actually let this go live with the current feedback

  • It's a nerf to one specific playstyle of pig which involves tunneling and stalking a person with a trap on them. Otherwise i don't see how its not buffs for pig?

  • @Sngfun said:

    While the nerfs are healthy and incentivize pig to play to her chase, I am sure most people that play her don't play her because of her chase, they play her because of her RBTs, you know, her core power. Ambush is already nearly useless and 0.3 extra seconds of duration won't change that. I mean, do you think people play Sadako because of her chase? No.

    I play Pig because she's the best stealth killer in the game, and Ambush is far from useless if you use it via stealth.

    Every other stealth killer has a limitation or a tell on their stealth power. Amanda can sneak right up to a survivor without any tells. You can be directly on the opposite side of the gen they're repairing and they won't know, providing you have LoS blockers.

    If you start an Ambush within about 6-8 meters of a survivor, it will hit, and with stealth you can get that close.

    I score Ambush hits all the time, maybe as many as 50% of my injuries can be due to Ambush in a decent game. I also get a decent share of Ambushes that just barely miss, so with these buffs, they'd be guaranteed hits.

    For some actual Ambush footage, Scott's new video shows it off quite well.

    https://youtu.be/TxyABUA0G3Q?si=LG6_3dNZaHwbNeMd


  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656051#Comment_3656051

    Regardless of how strong it is even though it got a significant buff, pig does have a chase power. Your simply wrong. If you can force survivors to play differently then it's a chase power. I've watched my pig main friend play on the ptb several times now, Almost any filler tile it's more beneficial to use power over m1. Even tiles like LT and Short walls are extremely playable using pigs power. The only major generic tile that it doesn't work at is a long wall and just BARELY. Pig can literally triple back moonrush the tile side of a short wall now. The pig is using it wrong or at the wrong place if they don't atleast have the chance to get a hit at most tiles. Pig ambush at a lot of tiles is simply a better version of blights moon rush, straight up. While that blight tech isn't the best it's still viable and pigs is better.

    Saying she doesn't have a chase power, idk skill issue. The extra distance she's got if she uses the power at the correct distance means Wing from a tile always results in a hit. She is no a tier killer, not even close but she does have a chase power.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656077#Comment_3656077

    So that means you think she has 0 chase power? That's just not true.

    https://youtu.be/TxyABUA0G3Q

    I saw this vid in my feed before starting to reply here, I decided to watch it before posting my reply. 8:30 is the perfect example of this killer having chase power. There is not a single safe option for that adam on a relatively strong McMillan filler tile with the pallet dropped, It's actually the second past Mac filler. 13:00 is the strong Mac filler tile. BLIGHT can barely play this tile. You can point out all the misplays in this video on the survivors part but if you have any interest in discussion you would realize at least some of the plays on the survivors part are actually the best course and they still lost to ambush.

    trapper has a chase power now everybody.

    just letting everyone know the standards for it are that low.

  • @Withered8 said:

    It's a nerf to one specific playstyle of pig which involves tunneling and stalking a person with a trap on them. Otherwise i don't see how its not buffs for pig?

    no. you can do that playstyle exactly the same because that playstyle doesn't care about this.


    it's a nerf to pigs who just use their traps normally. which is most of them.


    and a buff to the ambush. the nerf is bigger than the buff.

  • @GeneralV said:

    It is hard to believe Pig got nerfed... again.

    When they changed her monstrous end game potential around the time the EGC released it was already a bit questionable, but you can see the reasoning behind that change.

    The same cannot be said for anything that came afterwards, especially this recent one. The most important aspect of her kit is getting nerfed, and it isn't needed.

    Hopefully the PTB feedback will be acknowledged this time.

    Just a thought but I'm thinking they're doing this to her traps to get a more pure kill rate reading on her and buff her accordingly from there, while head pops do happen occasionally out of bad luck they need to tone those down if they're going to buff the rest of the kit to bring her back up otherwise she would probably be a monster at tunneling I remember the days of the pig crouching behind in the distance still chasing you but allowing your timer to drop with nothing you could do to stop and if you touch the box you'd just get downed for it lol

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656051#Comment_3656051

    Regardless of how strong it is even though it got a significant buff, pig does have a chase power. Your simply wrong. If you can force survivors to play differently then it's a chase power. I've watched my pig main friend play on the ptb several times now, Almost any filler tile it's more beneficial to use power over m1. Even tiles like LT and Short walls are extremely playable using pigs power. The only major generic tile that it doesn't work at is a long wall and just BARELY. Pig can literally triple back moonrush the tile side of a short wall now. The pig is using it wrong or at the wrong place if they don't atleast have the chance to get a hit at most tiles. Pig ambush at a lot of tiles is simply a better version of blights moon rush, straight up. While that blight tech isn't the best it's still viable and pigs is better.

    Saying she doesn't have a chase power, idk skill issue. The extra distance she's got if she uses the power at the correct distance means Wing from a tile always results in a hit. She is no a tier killer, not even close but she does have a chase power.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656077#Comment_3656077

    So that means you think she has 0 chase power? That's just not true.

    https://youtu.be/TxyABUA0G3Q

    I saw this vid in my feed before starting to reply here, I decided to watch it before posting my reply. 8:30 is the perfect example of this killer having chase power. There is not a single safe option for that adam on a relatively strong McMillan filler tile with the pallet dropped, It's actually the second past Mac filler. 13:00 is the strong Mac filler tile. BLIGHT can barely play this tile. You can point out all the misplays in this video on the survivors part but if you have any interest in discussion you would realize at least some of the plays on the survivors part are actually the best course and they still lost to ambush.

    First: our comment has zero words regarding any of our thoughts on the matter.

    Second: your going to need to define chase power as like our comment said, everyone is coming up with new definitions for anything.

    Third: can be used in chase doesn't make it a chase power. This is going by our definition.

    Fourth: we will click the link only if you promise it's not another damn otz video or something. Fell for that once, not again.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657173#Comment_3657173

    no. you can do that playstyle exactly the same because that playstyle doesn't care about this.

    it's a nerf to pigs who just use their traps normally. which is most of them.

    and a buff to the ambush. the nerf is bigger than the buff.

    How is it a nerf to people who use their traps normally? The slowdown it provides Is completely unchanged.

    The ambush being stronger is a game changer because it makes even more loops stronger for pig and her ability to use the ambush.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    I’m not sure if they were trolling or just don’t know in regards to the pig “buffs.” She is, objectively, right now a better character than she will be after the patch. The slowdown/threat of a headpop is the best thing pig has, and it’s being severely nerfed

    Meanwhile they are buffing the worst part of her kit, which is still counterable by predropping and running away from the loop. Huge L for Pig.

    The survivors have to get rid of the trap at some point, the traps are not meant to head pop, they are suppose to delay the game.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    I’m not sure if they were trolling or just don’t know in regards to the pig “buffs.” She is, objectively, right now a better character than she will be after the patch. The slowdown/threat of a headpop is the best thing pig has, and it’s being severely nerfed

    Meanwhile they are buffing the worst part of her kit, which is still counterable by predropping and running away from the loop. Huge L for Pig.

    I agree on this completely. It’s her traps that make her unique and fun. The other stuff is just “glamour”

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657201#Comment_3657201

    How is it a nerf to people who use their traps normally? The slowdown it provides Is completely unchanged.

    The ambush being stronger is a game changer because it makes even more loops stronger for pig and her ability to use the ambush.

    traps last longer. means survivor have more time to take them off.

    that means they can do more thing before taking them off without issue.


    it's a nerf by default

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657201#Comment_3657201

    How is it a nerf to people who use their traps normally? The slowdown it provides Is completely unchanged.

    The ambush being stronger is a game changer because it makes even more loops stronger for pig and her ability to use the ambush.

    Pre drop the pallet and she can’t do anything

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657338#Comment_3657338

    traps last longer. means survivor have more time to take them off.

    that means they can do more thing before taking them off without issue.

    it's a nerf by default

    I'm sorry but its hardly a nerf most of the time. The number of pig boxes people need to search is completely UNCHANGED which means the amount of time survivors need to spend off gens running around is exactly the same. The only difference is they are less likely to die to some rng on big maps with the boxes spawning far away.

  • But hang on i can predrop the pallet vs wesker and huntress and blight does that make them bad killers?

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657611#Comment_3657611

    I'm sorry but its hardly a nerf most of the time. The number of pig boxes people need to search is completely UNCHANGED which means the amount of time survivors need to spend off gens running around is exactly the same. The only difference is they are less likely to die to some rng on big maps with the boxes spawning far away.

    something being hardly a nerf, means it's a nerf. size or impact doesn't change the fact it's still a nerf. so, glad we agree that it's a nerf.


    also means the survivor is more in control of which time they use. using their downtime on boxes is vastly less useful to me as the pig than time they can't afford to lose.

    I hope I don't need to explain the concept that being forced into doing a thing is vastly different than doing it when the time is best for you...

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657633#Comment_3657633

    But hang on i can predrop the pallet vs wesker and huntress and blight does that make them bad killers?

    Wesker can get hits at certain tiles that most killers can’t, plus he can force the predrop sooner. And yes, I think Huntress isn’t a viable killer, mainly due to awful map design locking her out of even being able to take shots. That’s why she is being buffed.

    Predropping is the main reason that the majority of killers aren’t viable at high level. If survivors are playing safe and doing gens, the killer can’t catch anyone in a reasonable amount of time. That’s why Nurse is the best killer: she can force a mindgame at any tile/setup.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657633#Comment_3657633

    But hang on i can predrop the pallet vs wesker and huntress and blight does that make them bad killers?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGolXOXOTmQ

    Any other killer with actual designed chase power can get a hit at strong tiles and against shift +w. It's so laughably bad how this is a buff... That being said, I think a fairer point is that there are specific layouts for connected tiles that even the strongest killers will struggle with regardless, if a surv knows the pathing. No, that doesn't make them bad killers per se, but the better ones will be able to overcome the obstacle easier than others with their kit.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657804#Comment_3657804

    something being hardly a nerf, means it's a nerf. size or impact doesn't change the fact it's still a nerf. so, glad we agree that it's a nerf.

    also means the survivor is more in control of which time they use. using their downtime on boxes is vastly less useful to me as the pig than time they can't afford to lose.

    I hope I don't need to explain the concept that being forced into doing a thing is vastly different than doing it when the time is best for you...

    The traps are EXTREMELY SLIGHTLY nerfed for ONE specific playstyle but the ambush and crouch is CONSIDERABLY buffed for ALL playstyles. This means it's a NET BUFF for pig.

    Are we saying now that no part of killers are allowed to be nerfed full stop? Even if it should be changed or it's problematic?

    You can say that you don't like the direction of the pig changes sure (which i strongly disagree with), but to claim this is a net nerf to pig is just wrong.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657805#Comment_3657805

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGolXOXOTmQ

    Any other killer with actual designed chase power can get a hit at strong tiles and against shift +w. It's so laughably bad how this is a buff... That being said, I think a fairer point is that there are specific layouts for connected tiles that even the strongest killers will struggle with regardless, if a surv knows the pathing. No, that doesn't make them bad killers per se, but the better ones will be able to overcome the obstacle easier than others with their kit.

    Not every killer needs to be able to get a hit everysingle time at strong tiles, doing that encourages people to just hold shift w even more you realise.

    Loops are so much better for iller now than they've been in forever that most loops have considerable opportunity for outplay even for someone with pigs level of chasing ability. Plus her chase ability literally isn't meant to be her strongest asset? Her main strength lies in her insane game stalling ability and stealth.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657805#Comment_3657805

    Wesker can get hits at certain tiles that most killers can’t, plus he can force the predrop sooner. And yes, I think Huntress isn’t a viable killer, mainly due to awful map design locking her out of even being able to take shots. That’s why she is being buffed.

    Predropping is the main reason that the majority of killers aren’t viable at high level. If survivors are playing safe and doing gens, the killer can’t catch anyone in a reasonable amount of time. That’s why Nurse is the best killer: she can force a mindgame at any tile/setup.

    Force the predrop sooner? Either you predrop it instantly or it's not a predrop.

    I might have agreed with you 4 years ago. Maps in dbd are completely different to what they used to be. We no longer have giant maps like mothers dwelling or temple of purg, nor do we have maps like cowshed or stuff. Huntress is stronger now than ever because maps are shrinking and shrinking fast. The Nostromo is currently the most recent and smallest map in the game. At some point excuses like this will need to be at least improved on or people will see right through.

    Also when people use the phrase "viable killer" it tells me you've been brainwashed by tru3ta1ent.

1 2 3 4 5