Are the devs serious?

I’m not sure if they were trolling or just don’t know in regards to the pig “buffs.” She is, objectively, right now a better character than she will be after the patch. The slowdown/threat of a headpop is the best thing pig has, and it’s being severely nerfed

Meanwhile they are buffing the worst part of her kit, which is still counterable by predropping and running away from the loop. Huge L for Pig.

Comments

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657890#Comment_3657890

    Force the predrop sooner? Either you predrop it instantly or it's not a predrop.

    I might have agreed with you 4 years ago. Maps in dbd are completely different to what they used to be. We no longer have giant maps like mothers dwelling or temple of purg, nor do we have maps like cowshed or stuff. Huntress is stronger now than ever because maps are shrinking and shrinking fast. The Nostromo is currently the most recent and smallest map in the game. At some point excuses like this will need to be at least improved on or people will see right through.

    Also when people use the phrase "viable killer" it tells me you've been brainwashed by tru3ta1ent.

    Nope, I know this because I’ve been playing since 2018. It’s not map size so much as it is tile/pallet density, and the fact that the majority of loops favor the survivor-side. There’s so much clutter and random junk that prevent aiming-based killers from having the opportunity to take a shot. There’s also breakable walls, which 9/10 favor the survivor because the killer is forced to break them.

    You can say that Huntress is strong, but the devs disagree with you. In fact they explicitly said in the patch notes that maps hurt her, which is why she is being buffed.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657925#Comment_3657925

    Nope, I know this because I’ve been playing since 2018. It’s not map size so much as it is tile/pallet density, and the fact that the majority of loops favor the survivor-side. There’s so much clutter and random junk that prevent aiming-based killers from having the opportunity to take a shot. There’s also breakable walls, which 9/10 favor the survivor because the killer is forced to break them.

    You can say that Huntress is strong, but the devs disagree with you. In fact they explicitly said in the patch notes that maps hurt her, which is why she is being buffed.

    Huh so you're saying that tile/pallet density is better than it used to be in 2018 for survivors? And that loops are better for survivors now?

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657889#Comment_3657889

    The traps are EXTREMELY SLIGHTLY nerfed for ONE specific playstyle but the ambush and crouch is CONSIDERABLY buffed for ALL playstyles. This means it's a NET BUFF for pig.

    Are we saying now that no part of killers are allowed to be nerfed full stop? Even if it should be changed or it's problematic?

    You can say that you don't like the direction of the pig changes sure (which i strongly disagree with), but to claim this is a net nerf to pig is just wrong.

    traps are nerfed for every single pig player not tunneling or using scream builds.


    I am saying this was a terrible change.

    I would have made it so the boxes searches can't be interrupted. so no more scream builds. the extra 30s do nothing but make the traps worse.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657927#Comment_3657927

    Huh so you're saying that tile/pallet density is better than it used to be in 2018 for survivors? And that loops are better for survivors now?

    Some maps are improved, especially farm. But then you have things like crotus penn and the game which are still very unfair. Maps like autohaven have had the loops adjusted, but added clutter to screw over projectile killers. Also keep in mind, gen regression has been heavily nerfed since then. Loops for survivor are still incredibly strong on most maps.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/405718/are-the-devs-serious

    Its so sad. They seem to severely lack understanding of how to balance these kind of powers.

    Im just gonna post this here again:

    Best form of nerf to RBT:

    • survivors cannot die to the timer running out while searching a jigsaw box
    • survivors are not interrupted by screaming while searching a jigsaw box

    Nothing more is needed. These nerfs would be in line with the buffs she is getting. The nerfs proposed in the notes are overkill.

    Let me add to that a bit:

    Make her crouch 4,0 m/s

    Make her terror radius 24 meters

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657931#Comment_3657931

    Some maps are improved, especially farm. But then you have things like crotus penn and the game which are still very unfair. Maps like autohaven have had the loops adjusted, but added clutter to screw over projectile killers. Also keep in mind, gen regression has been heavily nerfed since then. Loops for survivor are still incredibly strong on most maps.

    HAHA you have to be joking if you seriously think farm maps are better for survivors now than they used to be. Cleary you have NOT played on 2018 thompsons house or rotten fields.

    They added a few obstacles here and there on a few maps, if that's seriously throwing off your ability to play ranged characters you weren't playing ranged characters correctly in the first place.

    Loops for survivors are so much worse than they used to be. Take for example all these new tiles such as the 3 lane which are alot worse than original jungle gyms. Windows on main buildings have been consistently nerfed and are a shell of what they used to be. The number of loops has dropped significantly. New maps like the nostromo have many garabge pallets in the rocks which you need to predrop and get lucky on a mindgame or you die, not even mentioning that 70% of killers now have chase powers anyway that negate all of this. This is ALSO not taking into account all of the killer buffs which have happened over the years to survivor speed boosts, killer recovery times, action times for killer, decreased vault speeds, removal of pallet vaccuum, removal of dh.

    Oh and seriously you think gen regression is worse now than it used to be? In 2018 you had ruin and that was IT. 80 second gens, toolboxes which halfed gen times, brand new parts which did gens instantly, stronger survivor perks for gens such as prove thyself.

    If you seriously think this then no amount of killer buffs will appease you.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657988#Comment_3657988

    HAHA you have to be joking if you seriously think farm maps are better for survivors now than they used to be. Cleary you have NOT played on 2018 thompsons house or rotten fields.

    They added a few obstacles here and there on a few maps, if that's seriously throwing off your ability to play ranged characters you weren't playing ranged characters correctly in the first place.

    Loops for survivors are so much worse than they used to be. Take for example all these new tiles such as the 3 lane which are alot worse than original jungle gyms. Windows on main buildings have been consistently nerfed and are a shell of what they used to be. The number of loops has dropped significantly. New maps like the nostromo have many garabge pallets in the rocks which you need to predrop and get lucky on a mindgame or you die, not even mentioning that 70% of killers now have chase powers anyway that negate all of this. This is ALSO not taking into account all of the killer buffs which have happened over the years to survivor speed boosts, killer recovery times, action times for killer, decreased vault speeds, removal of pallet vaccuum, removal of dh.

    Oh and seriously you think gen regression is worse now than it used to be? In 2018 you had ruin and that was IT. 80 second gens, toolboxes which halfed gen times, brand new parts which did gens instantly, stronger survivor perks for gens such as prove thyself.

    If you seriously think this then no amount of killer buffs will appease you.

    I said the farm maps aren’t as bad as they used to be. I can tell you don’t play ranged killers- there are so many things blocking LOS that survivors usually don’t have to try to deny the shot from happening. Again, it’s not like I’m missing shots- survivors all pre run and use the map to make sure I have no chance at a shot. You conveniently left out that there are many maps in current Dbd that are extremely busted and unfair, such as asylum, the game, all versions of badham, leary’s (especially for ranged killers), garden of joy….need I continue?

    Gen regression was objectively stronger, mainly because pop and ruin were better. Killers have gotten worse as a whole. 2018 Nurse and Spirit were easily more powerful than anything currently in the game. Nurse has been nerfed 50 times since then, and like most killers has a janky cooldown mechanic now. It’s really not even a tier issue so much as it is that most killers feel neither fluid nor powerful. They have baby mode, built-in counterplay that deletes their power or a lousy cooldown mechanic.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657052#Comment_3657052

    trapper has a chase power now everybody.

    just letting everyone know the standards for it are that low.

    Nah, that's a reply. That's a conversation. You provided anything just now.

    Does a chase power mean something usable in chase or is it just stuff like blight, oni, wesker and billy that prevents W? Is there less than 10 chase powers in the game?

    What was the point of you replying to me here? I see none.

    Pig can do better at certain tiles compared to just going for m1 when using power, that's a chase power. Preventing W is exclusive to very few killers.

    If you force a survivor to a tile you can go for ambush, if they W via the use of your head set you can use the extremely useful ctrl button to uncrouch at a rapid pace and then catch them hopefully before another tile(likely these days). You've just assumed that a survivor wing for a tile means they always get to the next one which is just incorrect.

    You still get the same slowdown, you have a better power for chase, you just can't do something requiring 3 cells of the brain. Check those time stamps in my previous comments, reply for real or don't reply to me at all thanks!

    I didn't realize you had no intent for conversation.

    @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657052#Comment_3657052

    First: our comment has zero words regarding any of our thoughts on the matter.

    Second: your going to need to define chase power as like our comment said, everyone is coming up with new definitions for anything.

    Third: can be used in chase doesn't make it a chase power. This is going by our definition.

    Fourth: we will click the link only if you promise it's not another damn otz video or something. Fell for that once, not again.

    Chase power: has benefit at least at certain tiles or most tiles over just m1ing.

    Video: it's not an otz video, it's a scott jund video and I provided time stamps for real examples of pigs power being useful. I wrote my entire comment before that video before viewing it.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657198#Comment_3657198

    Nah, that's a reply. That's a conversation. You provided anything just now.

    Does a chase power mean something usable in chase or is it just stuff like blight, oni, wesker and billy that prevents W? Is there less than 10 chase powers in the game?

    What was the point of you replying to me here? I see none.

    Pig can do better at certain tiles compared to just going for m1 when using power, that's a chase power. Preventing W is exclusive to very few killers.

    If you force a survivor to a tile you can go for ambush, if they W via the use of your head set you can use the extremely useful ctrl button to uncrouch at a rapid pace and then catch them hopefully before another tile(likely these days). You've just assumed that a survivor wing for a tile means they always get to the next one which is just incorrect.

    You still get the same slowdown, you have a better power for chase, you just can't do something requiring 3 cells of the brain. Check those time stamps in my previous comments, reply for real or don't reply to me at all thanks!

    I didn't realize you had no intent for conversation.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657231#Comment_3657231

    Chase power: has benefit at least at certain tiles or most tiles over just m1ing.

    Video: it's not an otz video, it's a scott jund video and I provided time stamps for real examples of pigs power being useful. I wrote my entire comment before that video before viewing it.

    the point in that reply? making a joke.

    the same applies to trapper, so trapper has a chase power.


    guess the real joke was always your definition of chase power.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654229#Comment_3654229

    Let me add to that a bit:

    Make her crouch 4,0 m/s

    Make her terror radius 24 meters

    let me add a bit more.


    the rbts don't have a 1-2-3-4 array on the box searches anymore, but a 2-3-3-4-4 array. (yes, she has 5 by default now)

    the scream on the ambush happens at the halfway point of the bar, not the start.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657993#Comment_3657993

    let me add a bit more.

    the rbts don't have a 1-2-3-4 array on the box searches anymore, but a 2-3-3-4-4 array. (yes, she has 5 by default now)

    the scream on the ambush happens at the halfway point of the bar, not the start.

    So from 12 searches to 16.

    192 seconds of slowdown, roughly 400-450 with travel time. Closer to 7 minutes of slowdown as opposed to 5.

    That is a very significant buff.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658188#Comment_3658188

    So from 12 searches to 16.

    192 seconds of slowdown, roughly 400-450 with travel time. Closer to 7 minutes of slowdown as opposed to 5.

    That is a very significant buff.

    it is.

    and I think it would make pig pretty good. but not one of the best killers.


    (obvs pair this with disabling screams from interrupting boxes so the current cheese builds aren't a thing)

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657198#Comment_3657198

    Nah, that's a reply. That's a conversation. You provided anything just now.

    Does a chase power mean something usable in chase or is it just stuff like blight, oni, wesker and billy that prevents W? Is there less than 10 chase powers in the game?

    What was the point of you replying to me here? I see none.

    Pig can do better at certain tiles compared to just going for m1 when using power, that's a chase power. Preventing W is exclusive to very few killers.

    If you force a survivor to a tile you can go for ambush, if they W via the use of your head set you can use the extremely useful ctrl button to uncrouch at a rapid pace and then catch them hopefully before another tile(likely these days). You've just assumed that a survivor wing for a tile means they always get to the next one which is just incorrect.

    You still get the same slowdown, you have a better power for chase, you just can't do something requiring 3 cells of the brain. Check those time stamps in my previous comments, reply for real or don't reply to me at all thanks!

    I didn't realize you had no intent for conversation.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657231#Comment_3657231

    Chase power: has benefit at least at certain tiles or most tiles over just m1ing.

    Video: it's not an otz video, it's a scott jund video and I provided time stamps for real examples of pigs power being useful. I wrote my entire comment before that video before viewing it.

    Cool. That's your definition. And by that definition we can not think of any killer that doesn't have a chase power then. GF has benefits at large wall tiles and ones that break sight, Trapper can completely lethalize a loop which is better at certain times like garden of joy, merchant has her drones, pinhead has chains that can screw up the average survivor timing, etc.

    Gonna be honest here, the three of us detest the big name streamers. Can we assume that the video in question shows that pigs ambush can be used in chase (which none of us denied) to provide evidence as to it being a chase power (by your definition)?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658068#Comment_3658068

    the point in that reply? making a joke.

    the same applies to trapper, so trapper has a chase power.

    guess the real joke was always your definition of chase power.

    You spent three replies spouting with no backing, so I can only assume your comments are irrelevant in any thread from here on out.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658180#Comment_3658180

    You spent three replies spouting with no backing, so I can only assume your comments are irrelevant in any thread from here on out.

    You assume trapper has a chase power... I could not care less...

  • Personally I just think the two RBT nerfs she got was the wrong ones. The nerfs doesn't actually do anything to fix the main problem with pig and that's her synergy with screaming builds. A pig who wants to pop someone head will still do so if they running UW and Face the Darkness and harass the person with a trap on their head. Meanwhile these nerfs only hurt every one else and removes some nuance from playing pig. Honestly this post sums it better than I can:

    @UndeddJester said:

    First of all, BHVR, we are a humble group of Pig players who want to thank you for turning attention to our Killer. We would like to go on the record as saying we believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. We have discussed the changes at length and this is our findings regarding our beloved lady.

    Her Chase

    Enhancing her chase is a welcome improvement many of us have been eagerly waiting for, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush duration/recovery. These changes have made noticeable differences in her performance at a variety of loops, such as the car loop tile on the Garden of Joy map, going around shorter loops around tiles, going around rubble & objects into straightaways, and expanding on the number of tiles she can catch survivors on in general.

    However, despite these buffs she is plagued by the same issues as before, where using any pre-dropping, any semi-decent pallet, and holding W to run away as she attempts to ambush, will still beat her. These same tiles and strategies lead to her buffs becoming relatively negligible in practice; crouching makes her lose distance while the survivor simply drops the pallet and runs away to gain more distance, ergo she is prevented from using her killer ability. This makes her ambush and crouch buffs unreliable to use across a variety of similar situations, and is apparent on even her strongest maps for stealth/ambushing like Midwich. We do not think the current list of changes will bring about the intended outcome of keeping the Pig viable in their current state.

    We would appreciate more buffs in this department. With this in mind, we know you cannot make her unreasonably strong, so we encourage you to take into close consideration the slowdown brought on by her Reverse Bear Traps (RBTs). Promoting unfun playstyles is the last thing we ask for, but it is apparent that these initial number buffs are just not enough to bring Pig past how she performs currently overall.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge that buffs to her chase will require a tradeoff, and the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Throughout a number of recent updates, there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however, the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer is halted while in a chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counterplay for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are:

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    We want to stress, these nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s makes forcing a head pop kill longer, more tedious, and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; however it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. It does not prevent the Pig from tunneling the first surv they see with a trap on their head. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and having it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of auras is more an annoyance than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorize Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players because of the random spawning algorithm. On indoor maps, because they are small maps you can even accidently run into a survivor doing the box cause of how they spawn, and effectively tunnel head pops just playing the game... Futhermore, it doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to tunnel or force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CC5UG8QCRO2T/5u1ttouh.jpg

    Thankyou! @C3Tooth it's perfect! Nothing but love BHVR, but the quote was too good to pass up on🤘🐽🤘

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly:

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes. (While searching, the timer will stop at 99.99%, and letting go at this point will immediately kill the survivor)
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios, WE PREFER THIS)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future-proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath, these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you reach the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. Any Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress, they now have to actively push you off a box, which will pause the chase timer. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Killer doesn't happen to find you at that moment).

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0 @BlackRose89

    We will be monitoring this chat, so if you want to sign these changes too let us know in this thread or via PM!

    Cheers!

    Also I still don't think her chase power is all that great despise what few streamers and others on this thread says. She still suffers a lot from predropping and shift w'ing. Plus I say she even more addon dependent because her two chase add-ons still feel needed to make ambush feel good. Like why run RBT add-ons anymore since they got nerfed? Just might as well only run her only two good chase add-ons. You honestly better off playing pinhead since he also has a slowdown power and an actually decent chase power. Personally I just think they could do more to make her power feel better. I don't think the little buffs she got is nearly a enough especially to justify the trap nerfs.

  • @BlackRose89 said:

    Personally I just think the two RBT nerfs she got was the wrong ones. The nerfs doesn't actually do anything to fix the main problem with pig and that's her synergy with screaming builds. A pig who wants to pop someone head will still do so if they running UW and Face the Darkness and harass the person with a trap on their head. Meanwhile these nerfs only hurt every one else and removes some nuance from playing pig. Honestly this post sums it better than I can:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406313/a-proposal-from-your-local-pig-mains

    Also I still don't think her chase power is all that great despise what few streamers and others on this thread says. She still suffers a lot from predropping and shift w'ing. Plus I say she even more addon dependent because her two chase add-ons still feel needed to make ambush feel good. Like why run RBT add-ons anymore since they got nerfed? Just might as well only run her only two good chase add-ons. You honestly better off playing pinhead since he also has a slowdown power and an actually decent chase power. Personally I just think they could do more to make her power feel better. I don't think the little buffs she got is nearly a enough especially to justify the trap nerfs.

    This is one that sticks out to me as well. Basically any trap dependant add-on becomes basically worthless compared to the chase ones.

    Why bother using her trap add-ons if there is no chance of a head pop.

    • Tampered Timer - Worthless in every way, since traps are "just for slowdown".
    • Rules Set Number 2 - Literally does nothing if head traps are "just for slowdown".
    • Gears - Adds 20.4s, 36s, or 56.4s to your overall 144s of slowdown, but what's the point of that extra time if you're not using the add-ons that actually improve upon her famously weak chase? Why take 30s extra each chase when you can be more reliable in chase and ensure you get all traps out for your slowdown?
    • Jigsaw's Annotated Plan - Hot trash in every conceivable way, and even if buffed, does nothing if the traps are "just for slowdown".
    • Video Tape - Now RSn2 is "just for slowdown", this basically is only good for the exhaustion add-ons and otherwise serves as a budget corrupt intervention.
    • Razor Wire/Interlocking Razor - Always sucked anyway, and just have more soil poured on their grave.


    Honestly now that RBTs are basically no threat whatsoever and are "just for slowdown", and her chase is so much better apparently that it rivals Chucky and Wesker (if content creators are to be believed), I expect Amanda's Letter and Jigsaw's Sketch to become meta. Since survivors with headtraps won't care about them being activated or not and will be working on gens, I get a comparable amount of my slowdown, and I have wall hacks on all my anti loops to use my apparently new meta redefining chase.

  • Completely agree and it's annoying that people are not talking about how most of her add-on are getting nerfed as well with her RBT nerfs. Like most of her add-ons involves making her RBT harder to get off and make them little more lethal but if the traps are being reduced to "just for slowdown" then all these add-ons become completely useless. She is being left with maybe four good add-ons and one of those 4 is hurting your so call slowdown. Personally if these nerfs go through I like Amanda's letter changed so it doesn't take your RBT away and just give you wall hacks when crouching.

    I don't know about anyone else but I hate when a killer only has few good add-ons and the rest is trash. It's the reason I don't like Freddy or PH because my builds with them will always be the same. Why run anything else other than range on PH? When not just run paint brush all the time on Freddy? Now pig joins them with "Why run any other addon other than chase on Pig?"

    As for content creators I'm getting so annoyed with everyone who uses them to show if a killer is good or not especially when it comes to the PTB. Most streamers (esp the ones I watch) don't even do public matches on the PTB since queue times are so long. They play with their viewers or mods and that is not a good way imo to judge a killers strength since A) we don't know the survivors level of skill, and B) we don't know if the survivors are actually trying to win or they just there to help their fav streamer. Take Scott for example, I watched his game play of pig from the PTB and yeah he made her chase look strong but why should I take his word on this? He playing with his viewers so all I know they are either playing not to win bc it's against Scott and as far I know Scott never plays Pig. I believe any pig mains on here before I believe any content creator about how good Pig is. At least I know most of y'all most likely played in public matches.

    Either way I got off topic a bit there. I just sad that Pig addon situation is being boiled down to having to run two of the few chase add-ons she has. Not really fun to not have options to pick from. These buffs were supposed to make it feel where you don't have to always run chase add-ons on her to have a decent chase but it doing the opposite.

  • @BlackRose89 said:

    Completely agree and it's annoying that people are not talking about how most of her add-on are getting nerfed as well with her RBT nerfs. Like most of her add-ons involves making her RBT harder to get off and make them little more lethal but if the traps are being reduced to "just for slowdown" then all these add-ons become completely useless. She is being left with maybe four good add-ons and one of those 4 is hurting your so call slowdown. Personally if these nerfs go through I like Amanda's letter changed so it doesn't take your RBT away and just give you wall hacks when crouching.

    I don't know about anyone else but I hate when a killer only has few good add-ons and the rest is trash. It's the reason I don't like Freddy or PH because my builds with them will always be the same. Why run anything else other than range on PH? When not just run paint brush all the time on Freddy? Now pig joins them with "Why run any other addon other than chase on Pig?"

    As for content creators I'm getting so annoyed with everyone who uses them to show if a killer is good or not especially when it comes to the PTB. Most streamers (esp the ones I watch) don't even do public matches on the PTB since queue times are so long. They play with their viewers or mods and that is not a good way imo to judge a killers strength since A) we don't know the survivors level of skill, and B) we don't know if the survivors are actually trying to win or they just there to help their fav streamer. Take Scott for example, I watched his game play of pig from the PTB and yeah he made her chase look strong but why should I take his word on this? He playing with his viewers so all I know they are either playing not to win bc it's against Scott and as far I know Scott never plays Pig. I believe any pig mains on here before I believe any content creator about how good Pig is. At least I know most of y'all most likely played in public matches.

    Either way I got off topic a bit there. I just sad that Pig addon situation is being boiled down to having to run two of the few chase add-ons she has. Not really fun to not have options to pick from. These buffs were supposed to make it feel where you don't have to always run chase add-ons on her to have a decent chase but it doing the opposite.

    To be fair, what's changed regarding her addons?

    Half of them are bad right now, regardless of any changes, and most of the bad ones are the ones that affect RBTs. After the changes, you're still gonna have the same number of consistently useful addons-- maybe minus one if you consider Tampered Timer to be a good/useful addon right now, but I don't, so I wouldn't count it myself.

    You still have all the chase ones, those ones only got better. You still have the two Gears addons, those haven't changed and they're still good. Both addons that give you an extra RBT are good, though their other effects are meh. Amanda's Letter should be getting a little better due to her stealth/ambush being buffed...

    Which addons are actually getting worse? The Mangled one, I guess? It wasn't exactly a good one to begin with, though.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3662942#Comment_3662942

    To be fair, what's changed regarding her addons?

    Half of them are bad right now, regardless of any changes, and most of the bad ones are the ones that affect RBTs. After the changes, you're still gonna have the same number of consistently useful addons-- maybe minus one if you consider Tampered Timer to be a good/useful addon right now, but I don't, so I wouldn't count it myself.

    You still have all the chase ones, those ones only got better. You still have the two Gears addons, those haven't changed and they're still good. Both addons that give you an extra RBT are good, though their other effects are meh. Amanda's Letter should be getting a little better due to her stealth/ambush being buffed...

    Which addons are actually getting worse? The Mangled one, I guess? It wasn't exactly a good one to begin with, though.

    You've said this before, and I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to say you're wrong.

    Why exactly do her RBTs need to have the 30s timer nerf? If this apparently is a really good nerf that solves her problematic playstyle, how can an add-on that gives 20s in the other direction be 'not good' to your mind? How is 30s so good, but 20s so weak? How is 150s problematic to the point of requiring a nerf, 180s is fine, but 130s is not considered strong by you?

    If these 2 nerfs are considered strong enough to neuter a supposedly overpowered and unfair playstyle, that are apparently required for her basekit even when people aren't running add-ons affecting RBTs, how are the addons making this playstyle stronger not powerful? Your logic doesn't make sense.

    While Otzdarva is not an authority on add-ons, could you please explain why he is wrong in every one of these instances from 3:02:16?

    https://youtu.be/tX-4lk-EWPk?si=aC5VL4VhomA1V5h7

    Lastly, can you explain why, if supposedly these add-ons are so bad you are not asking for them to be buffed? That would be sensible for a weak add-on no? Especially now that basekit changes have made these worse.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663015#Comment_3663015

    You've said this before, and I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to say you're wrong.

    Why exactly do her RBTs need to have the 30s timer nerf? If this apparently is a really good nerf that solves her problematic playstyle, how can an add-on that gives 20s in the other direction be 'not good' to your mind? How is 30s so good, but 20s so weak? How is 150s problematic to the point of requiring a nerf, 180s is fine, but 130s is not considered strong by you?

    If these 2 nerfs are considered strong enough to neuter a supposedly overpowered and unfair playstyle, that are apparently required for her basekit even when people aren't running add-ons affecting RBTs, how are the addons making this playstyle stronger not powerful? Your logic doesn't make sense.

    While Otzdarva is not an authority on add-ons, could you please explain why he is wrong in every one of these instances from 3:02:16?

    https://youtu.be/tX-4lk-EWPk?si=aC5VL4VhomA1V5h7

    Lastly, can you explain why, if supposedly these add-ons are so bad you are not asking for them to be buffed? That would be sensible for a weak add-on no? Especially now that basekit changes have made these worse.

    Not gonna watch a video here, sorry, got other stuff going.

    Beyond that, there's a couple of things wrong here. First, I think I've said this before but I'll repeat it just so we're all on the same page: I don't actually think the 30s extra on the timer is really going to achieve much. I think I know what it's meant to do, and what it's meant to do is definitely something that is worth doing so I've definitely defended that, but the fact of the matter is that the length of the timer has to change by a lot before it matters.

    So yeah, thirty seconds extra doesn't do much and twenty seconds less doesn't do much. The Tampered Timer is not an atrocious addon, it has some effect, but I am of the opinion it's not one of her better ones because... well, like I said, the length of the timer isn't really that important. In my experience the TT doesn't actually make head-pops more common, and it definitely shouldn't do that, so at that point what am I even bringing it for? Survivors already have to do their traps ASAP if they don't want to play risky.

    I think some wires got crossed in previous discussions, and that's perfectly reasonable, it happens. When I defend the nerfs from the specific complaint that her RBTs are being gutted, that doesn't mean I think the nerfs are actually going to achieve much. I've seen that big feedback thread and I think those changes are better than the extra time on the timer, but everyone always makes two statements at once: "These nerfs won't fix the problem" AND "These nerfs affect every other player very noticeably". The first statement is true, the second statement isn't.

    I do think hiding the auras of the boxes is a more impactful change when it comes to preventing unhealthy stuff, though. That one I'm fine with.

    As for your last question: There's a lot of things I'm not saying here, and that's because they're not relevant. I would love to see an addon overhaul for Pig, but I don't think I need to say that every single time I mention that she has some kinda bad addons, especially since she's not even close to the worst in the game in that regard.

  • I remember when I suggested a rework to address chasing survivors with the RBT on in a discord server

    -Putting a survivor into the dying state with a trap activated breaks/remove the trap

    -"Rules Set No.2" basekit (boxes aura only revealed if the trap is activated)

    -Starts the game with 3 more traps base-kit

    -Jigsaw boxes take twice as long to complete

    And they said it was a massive nerf

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663056#Comment_3663056

    Not gonna watch a video here, sorry, got other stuff going.

    Beyond that, there's a couple of things wrong here. First, I think I've said this before but I'll repeat it just so we're all on the same page: I don't actually think the 30s extra on the timer is really going to achieve much. I think I know what it's meant to do, and what it's meant to do is definitely something that is worth doing so I've definitely defended that, but the fact of the matter is that the length of the timer has to change by a lot before it matters.

    So yeah, thirty seconds extra doesn't do much and twenty seconds less doesn't do much. The Tampered Timer is not an atrocious addon, it has some effect, but I am of the opinion it's not one of her better ones because... well, like I said, the length of the timer isn't really that important. In my experience the TT doesn't actually make head-pops more common, and it definitely shouldn't do that, so at that point what am I even bringing it for? Survivors already have to do their traps ASAP if they don't want to play risky.

    I think some wires got crossed in previous discussions, and that's perfectly reasonable, it happens. When I defend the nerfs from the specific complaint that her RBTs are being gutted, that doesn't mean I think the nerfs are actually going to achieve much. I've seen that big feedback thread and I think those changes are better than the extra time on the timer, but everyone always makes two statements at once: "These nerfs won't fix the problem" AND "These nerfs affect every other player very noticeably". The first statement is true, the second statement isn't.

    I do think hiding the auras of the boxes is a more impactful change when it comes to preventing unhealthy stuff, though. That one I'm fine with.

    As for your last question: There's a lot of things I'm not saying here, and that's because they're not relevant. I would love to see an addon overhaul for Pig, but I don't think I need to say that every single time I mention that she has some kinda bad addons, especially since she's not even close to the worst in the game in that regard.

    Ah OK. I do disagree with you, I think the length timer does make a big difference, however now your assertion does make more sense, so thanks for taking the time to explain and clear that up.

    My experience is these add-ons make playing nasty much easier, and I have seen a few games with the more recent updates using these add-ons that have made head pops very nasty while still exerting control on the map...

    I don't like doing it, so haven't got many games where I tried it, but it did feel dirty to me. I have never asked for a nerf, cause obviously Pig hasn't been particularly strong anyway... but at least with my experience, these addons can be quite ugly.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663093#Comment_3663093

    Ah OK. I do disagree with you, I think the length timer does make a big difference, however now your assertion does make more sense, so thanks for taking the time to explain and clear that up.

    My experience is these add-ons make playing nasty much easier, and I have seen a few games with the more recent updates using these add-ons that have made head pops very nasty while still exerting control on the map...

    I don't like doing it, so haven't got many games where I tried it, but it did feel dirty to me. I have never asked for a nerf, cause obviously Pig hasn't been particularly strong anyway... but at least with my experience, these addons can be quite ugly.

    That's honestly why I'm of the opinion that the Tampered Timer is an unhealthy design, too. The only times it does anything is when it can be leveraged to force head-pops more reliably, and that's unhealthy, the Pig shouldn't be able to reliably force a survivor into their fail state without them actually failing at anything.

    There is a middle ground where it's threatening without being too reliable, but I feel like this addon just swings from one end to the other. I'd really like to see it reworked, it's safer than trying to hit that shifting bullseye with whack-a-mole updates every time it goes too far in one direction.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663134#Comment_3663134

    That's honestly why I'm of the opinion that the Tampered Timer is an unhealthy design, too. The only times it does anything is when it can be leveraged to force head-pops more reliably, and that's unhealthy, the Pig shouldn't be able to reliably force a survivor into their fail state without them actually failing at anything.

    There is a middle ground where it's threatening without being too reliable, but I feel like this addon just swings from one end to the other. I'd really like to see it reworked, it's safer than trying to hit that shifting bullseye with whack-a-mole updates every time it goes too far in one direction.

    I'm of the same opinion tbh, Tampered Timer to me was the problem add-on of the Pig. The one you used when you just wanted to try and ensure someone dies to a head trap.

    Tbh when reading the patch notes about nerfing RBTs, I genuinely thought this add-on was obviously up for the chop... 20s off the timer was too much, and unhealthy... which is why I hate this +30s change, cause I feel that goes too far the other way. Obviously I know you disagree, but to me, I can't imagine having any fear of a trap at all.

    Before I used to think "Crap... that first trap was really fast... if she has Tampered Timer and Gears I don't have time to heal, I've gotta move..." along with a healthy dose of "#########... Pig isn't in chase... please don't be coming here...".

    Now I don't worry about Tampered Timer ofc... but I also don't worry about the trap either. In my head it's like "ah nuts, I've been trapped... now I have to do Boxes... oh well let's heal up and get on with it", along with "lool! Why are you chasing me Pig? You're pausing my Timer... you've got nothing, and gens flying... you idiot... xD".

    It's a bad look to be looking at traps and finding them mildly inconvenient, to borderline funny.


    Edit: Unless it's a scream build Pig with gears and TT... in which case 💀

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653635#Comment_3653635

    I feel like a broken record, here, but people are not supposed to die to RBTs. That is not why you put an RBT on someone, it is not the goal, you aren't supposed to be relying on people dying to RBTs. In a Pig game where everything goes reasonably well and your power is firing on all cylinders, nobody will die to an RBT.

    Play a hundred games, if Pig's power is working, nobody will die to an RBT.

    That is not what they're for. That isn't the value you're shooting for. I'm going insane, this is what insanity feels like.

    Then whats the point of Pigs Timer reducing addons? These were part to change pigs playstyle now there even more worthless then before

  • @Marioneo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653641#Comment_3653641

    Then whats the point of Pigs Timer reducing addons? These were part to change pigs playstyle now there even more worthless then before

    An addon existing doesn't mean it's helpful, well designed, or healthy.

    Tombstone Piece exists and has existed for years, but it's terribly designed and unhealthy. While Pig's timer-reducing addons aren't that bad, they're in a similar boat.

    There's also only one that actually matters, the Tampered Timer. The other one, Jigsaw's Annotated Plan, is both unhealthy and extremely bad- the extra RBT is nice, but the effects that actually involve the timer are so weak they're not even noticeable.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653635#Comment_3653635

    Why play this character? Even after this "buff" her chase power is still trash. Her stealth is still terrible and clunky.

    As someone who plays a lot of Pig, this couldn't be more wrong. She has the best stealth power in the game, it's on demand, has no cooldown, it lowers her height and doesn't have a lullaby or breathing, no other stealth killer has this full package.

    Ghostface has a cooldown, can be revealed, and flaps about like a tarpaulin in a hurricane. Myers breaths like Vader and has to ditch his stealth to kill. Wraith gurgles mouthwash and shimmers like a disco ball. Sadako buzzes at you half a mile away. Alien can't fool the motion sensors.

    Additionally, an Ambush used correctly is still effective, both in catching survivors off-guard and often in chase.

    Now the slowdown will never kill anyone unless the team is absolutely falling apart

    Good, that's the whole point. RBTs are not meant to kill. You are meant to kill. You are the killer.

    The mere threat of them forces survivors to remove them, and that provides the slowdown. 30 seconds leeway isn't going to make a difference, a 4 box trap is still going to require you to drop everything and prioritise boxes, and you don't know how many you'll need.

    The one and only reason to play this character is going for RBT kills and this patch removes that

    GOOD. As a Pig player, I weep for all the Pigs I go against who tunnel the survivor with a trap. You are wasting your slowdown doing that. You leave the trapped survivor alone and pressure the other survivors.

    Killer pressure arithmetic is simple. You have one survivor hooked, you chase another survivor, that leaves one going for the rescue and one on gens. Throw a trap into the mix and guess which of those survivor tasks can't be completed? The Gens. You chase the trapped survivor and you have no slowdown.

    If all of those Pig players stop playing her that way, then these changes have done their job.

    absolutely wrong best stealth power goes to wraith obviously

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654035#Comment_3654035

    It's not big nerfs though? They have buffed her chase power and her overall slow down is the same, no? The only thing nerfed about pig is the aforementioned blind folded play style I mentioned.

    oh boy a .2 sec duration that still doesn't work at average to big loops joooooy

  • can anyone with a terrible power like ambush?

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657201#Comment_3657201

    How is it a nerf to people who use their traps normally? The slowdown it provides Is completely unchanged.

    The ambush being stronger is a game changer because it makes even more loops stronger for pig and her ability to use the ambush.

    The ambush buffs is NOT a gamechanger its a nothing burger if they made her dash addons basekit then it would kinda been gamechanging but no shes still heavily reliant on those addons to be decent at good loops

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663552#Comment_3663552

    An addon existing doesn't mean it's helpful, well designed, or healthy.

    Tombstone Piece exists and has existed for years, but it's terribly designed and unhealthy. While Pig's timer-reducing addons aren't that bad, they're in a similar boat.

    There's also only one that actually matters, the Tampered Timer. The other one, Jigsaw's Annotated Plan, is both unhealthy and extremely bad- the extra RBT is nice, but the effects that actually involve the timer are so weak they're not even noticeable.

    Well excuse us for wanting variety playstyles on pig can't wait till the addon pass and they just lazily rework annotated plans to just give 3 more traps or my bets on tampered timer will be buffed to compensate the timer nerf

  • @Marioneo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657338#Comment_3657338

    The ambush buffs is NOT a gamechanger its a nothing burger if they made her dash addons basekit then it would kinda been gamechanging but no shes still heavily reliant on those addons to be decent at good loops

    image.png

    You're telling me these 5 changes are nothing?????

    Funny you mention this because the head trap timer change didn't even go through, that's how scared the developers are of even mentioning the word nerf and killer together because people lose their minds. So now its just straight up huge buffs and you can't deny it.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3663597#Comment_3663597

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Q7LAS6RF3SZD/image.png

    You're telling me these 5 changes are nothing?????

    Funny you mention this because the head trap timer change didn't even go through, that's how scared the developers are of even mentioning the word nerf and killer together because people lose their minds. So now its just straight up huge buffs and you can't deny it.

    Is it pig buffs now yes. is this major buffs? No its more just quality of life buffs pig feels better to play as but doesn't raise her a tier or anything major she's still just the same as she always is still gotta run straps and grease to make her ambush and crouch any good

  • @Marioneo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3675325#Comment_3675325

    Is it pig buffs now yes. is this major buffs? No its more just quality of life buffs pig feels better to play as but doesn't raise her a tier or anything major she's still just the same as she always is still gotta run straps and grease to make her ambush and crouch any good

    ONLY quality of life changes?????

    So when is pig actually better? When her ambush never ends how about that? Or how about head traps are guaranteed to kill survivors now that sounds pretty good.

    When does your constant call for buffs end? When will you actually achknlowedge buffs when they happen.

1 … 3 4 5 ›