The Good Guy Feedback

The Good Guy has arrived and he's ready to be friends 'til the end! We'd love to hear your feedback playing as, or against, Chucky.

You can read more about Chucky's Power and Perks in the Update 7.4.0 Patch Notes.

Tell us below what you think of The Good Guy below.

Comments

  • @Lemonwolf said:

    Chucky is mediocre at best.

    But it won't matter. Too many survivor mains complained already, so he will be nerfed, making him completely unviable like many killers before.

    The things posted in this thread. Claim of Chucky being better than Blight. It is beyond ridiculous.

    People complaining about the scamper ability......really? Just w shift away, he is is only a 110% movement speed killer. Looping with him takes like forever because he's so slow. You can still hear him while in stealth mode because he has a tendency to cackle.

    Using S&D is very tricky. The video posted is invalid evidence. We are talking about him being played as he should be, not while using xyz exploit or whatever. I certainly don't play him like that, i don't even want to know how these exploits work because...well they are exploits!

    People claiming he can traverse half across the map using his ability once....Really? In what universe? Certainly not this one.

    His S&D hitbox is terrible. Often enough i ran into survivors and nothing happened!

    Survivors who know what they are doing, especially SWFs will use you as a toy, literally.

    I mean seriously. People complaining about his stealth being too OP, him allegedly being too fast, even though he has 110% movement speed and a 32m terror radius!! What is wrong with you? Ever played against wraith? Wraith is better in many aspects.

    Most of this feedback thread is nothing but a farce. People coming in claiming the game is balanced towards killers and that soon there wont be survivors left willing to play the game....right...that's a good one.

    Survivors complaining how "unfair" his undetectable is and he's "not fun" to play against. The Hex is unfun and unfair (in my matches the hex goes poof before it has any value, just saying) All his perks are so unfair.....we demand a killer to entertain us, we demand escapes. Whine, whine, whine...... And most of the whiney posts even get votes.

    Sadly, BHVR listens to these whiney posts. Chucky will be nerfed for sure because of the excessive whining. That i am 100% sure of.

    Yeah, no way he is as strong as blight, lol. I feel like a lot of people that say that and other ridiculous stuff you pointed out don’t play as him and it’s obvious. I don’t mind a little nerf to scamper, but I hope they don’t nerf him too much. Exploits need fixing too.

  • @codebibi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596759#Comment_3596759

    i've been hit by slice and dice by people running around a entire loop multiple times so i'm not the only one thinking it is not normal. i've seen videos of the ptb and he can barely curve like billy. the fact the hug tech work and chucky is a problem and need to be address. this glitch as been in the game for way to long and make blight and chucky ability nearly impossible to avoid it is a guaranteed hit no mater what.

    Hug tech isn't really a thing on Chucky... Blight's hug tech is to circumvent his bump logic which is a part of his power. Chucky has no such bump logic. He isn't like Billy, Bubba, or Blight, he is more like Oni. Oni can run into a wall for as long as he likes, so can Chucky.

  • @Zokenay said:

    So based on matches as him and against him, i think Scamper is the one big issue with the killer, more specifically the fact that he can use it repetitively with no drawbacks at all.

    I dont think making it slower would fix it without making it useless, but the one thing that comes to mind is that using scamper should drain his power, like using an M1 does.

    Another thing i noticed is that he seems immune to stuns in the middle of his charge attack animation, which yeah, needs to be fixed.

    The last thing is that pallets hit him from FAR away, i guess he has the same hit detection as other killers, but it makes it really rough to know when youre safe from a stun or not, cause you have to be surprisingly far

    I highly disagree with a lot of what these people are saying... Probably because I am a killer main.

    But, I was watching the Orzdarva video that released today and I came up with the same idea. In my opinion it shouldn't be as drastic as the attack which practically cuts the timer in half, but a little bit being eaten every time you scamper would help survivors burn through his power.

  • @Lemonwolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601028#Comment_3601028

    I agree with some of your points. However, if the majority of killer player do camp or slug it must be for a reason. And it's most likely not the reason to troll. Both sides are trying to accomplish their objective. As i understand it, the most efficient way to try to accomplish the objective as a killer is to get one person out of the game as fast as possible. Gens fly pretty fast and there are survivor perks that are uncounterable, like Buckle Up+For the People. Especially funny if several people have this combo in one lobby. Camping and slugging (unbreakable) is the inevitable response to these meta perks. I try to avoid the camping and slugging strat, but what i get for that are flying gens, mentioned perks above plus other stuff like resilience, deja vu, body blocks and pretty much anything that causes endurance and of course lots of t-bags and disrespect. Many survivors play the game like their own lives depend on getting out of the trial and they always have one last crutch perk up their sleeves. When playing "fair" its a real struggle to get 1-2 kills with Chucky. Well i digress. As i mentioned above, the killer is mediocre at best. Give him 115% movement speed and things would be much better. And again i am talking about playing Chucky "as is" not using any exploits or weird strats. The baseline sort of speak. Which is what he should be balanced around. Exploits should not be in the equation, they should be removed from the game.

    In all honesty and due respect how would know someone has any gen rushing perks or buckle up+ for the people at 5 gens? That is literally what is happening. People are slugging and camping at 4-5 gens with Chucky and every other one.

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    At this point he has been out a week. The way people have been playing him and found ways to expose survivors for the ENTIRE game or stay silent. I will DC when I see Chucky and gladly take the penalty. I will not invest another dime until he gets reworked. There are plenty of other games. It's just tunnel, exposed, slash and dash, camp at hook at 4 gens. He needs a tear down like that girl from high-school you haven't seen until your 10 year reunion.

    The thing is… camping and tunneling is an issue with the game that needs to be addressed. It’s not just a Chucky issue. I had a few Blights and Weskers do this yesterday.

  • I think he needs changes not just buffs or nerfs he is way to hard to see especially in tall grass or bushes but I think that after getting used to looking for him I will be a little easier to see him but rn it's very difficult for the killers side of it his cool down feels bad unless he has his cool down add-ons and he doesn't feel great in chase his scammer is good but if it on cool down he's just a 110 m1 killer and if you try to use slices and dice in chase it doesn't fell the greatest especially on controller

  • I've been playing chucky quite a lot for about a week and my honest thoughts are, i just hope he does not get nerfed. 4.4m/s is such a massive weakness and i don't feel like slice and dice more than makes up for it. This is ignoring the stuff like cancelling the scamper chain because that clearly is not intended and should be fixed.

    I still enjoy playing as him though. He feels incredibly authentic. Just please don't make it harder to hit slice and dice or anything like that otherwise i think he will start feeling very frustrating.

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596184#Comment_3596184

    I see where your coming from with the Blight comment, it's the slash and dash that gets you. The Hex perk where the survivor gets stunned and blinded is awful because it's literally a survivors only defense against the killer. I see how it's supposed to stop the spamming of the flashlight just add a cool down to the flashlight not a hex totem. Your killing all the totem perks. The perk that makes his stain go away is an unfair disadvantage and that with batteries not included can make a game go down quickly. As I said you take your feedback from killer mains they like him because they are getting 3 (with that one getting the hatch) and 4ks because it's super easy with him. He's probably a really good high their killer but seriously what were you thinking devs?

    From what I can tell by reading the comments here it seems that everyone on console is loving to play as Chucky because the devs made it so easy for him to be controlled on s**t tier consoles like a Nintendo Switch (I can understand to a degree, prob more money to be made off of them and I dont like it but I understand it) but everyone else playing against Chucky is not a big fan whatsoever (I very much dislike him) every since the beta I had been very concerned with his ability to just prevent any loops from working was overpowered af....and with the release it only seems to have gotten worse because for 1) You cant tell which way he is going around a pallet loop even if he is looking the direction he is going.....2) You cant hardly see his red stain EVER and with the vegetation in the game it blocks he red stain over 50% of the time regardless (it needs to ignore plants and shine more brightly) 3) You cant hear his footsteps (not in Hidey-ho) loud enough over the other sounds of the game to help with loops. 4) when he is at or breaking a pallet it is virtually impossible to blind him which is your only advantage cuz his vault speeds over pallets and windows is WAY too fast but even if you do manage to get a blind there is a good chance that you are gonna get blinded yourself............I mean like guys c'mon who is sitting in a desk so checked out of the game forcing the devs to build this complete BS into the game, YES make money but don't do it at the expense of pissing off a large number of you player base who has been here and been supporting you for over 6 years

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    Ok so I went up against of course a TTV and they ran friends til the end, nemesis, furtive chase, and alien instinct. This made them undetectable throughout the ENTIRE game. How is that fair????? Do you guys even know your own perks? I think I will play something else until you sort this mess out. At least with Alien you could counter but you can't counter a completely undetected killer.

    Before you say "skill issue" I had my camera looking around and it was to late to react.

    I agree with you completely they really have been adding way too much content to try and earn more money this week compared to last week instead of letting it be stable for a month or two (STILL MAKING MONEY) and fix all the things wrong with the game as it stands, Normally to counter the BS like this I run bond, urban evasion, premontion, and a 4th I rotate out but normally do windows of oppertunity and that is the only way I am able to survive most of the time but Chucky is stupidly broken to play against and they NEED to fix him, you cant see or hear him in pallets loops and he can break them without being blinded and or just crawl through a pallet or over a window and attack right away on the other side thus ######### you over instantly and every chase lasts NO LONGER THAN 30 SECONDS

  • I think he’s pretty fun to play as and against. Reading some of the nerf suggestions on here seem to be a bit extreme and would ruin him imo. I think his footfalls need to be a lot brighter or noticable during loops so we could know where he is and where he’s going. His dashing turn rate could use a slight tweak. His dashing attack should be like Hillbillys chainsaw sprint where as soon as you break into a sprint you have a crazy turn rate but after a split second your turn rate is slowed down and you can barely move around during the dash. This might make him a bit more fair to play against for survivors having trouble against his dash ability. You can even rework some of his add ons that increase his turn rate sort of like Hillbilly.

  • Terrible to play against with very little counterplay that most of the times doesn't work. He has too many solutions for every situation. His hitbox it's like you're playing against 200 ping killer and needs looked at.

    The main problem is that you CAN'T SEE HIM.

  • @dance said:

    The Good Guy has arrived and he's ready to be friends 'til the end! We'd love to hear your feedback playing as, or against, Chucky.

    You can read more about Chucky's Power and Perks in the Update 7.4.0 Patch Notes.

    Tell us below what you think of The Good Guy below.

    @dance said:

    The Good Guy has arrived and he's ready to be friends 'til the end! We'd love to hear your feedback playing as, or against, Chucky.

    You can read more about Chucky's Power and Perks in the Update 7.4.0 Patch Notes.

    Tell us below what you think of The Good Guy below.

    He is not fun to play against. You can't see or hear him at all but he is easy to play. Seems kinda chucky sided I've only survived 2 matches against him out of 50 ish. Seems over powered.

  • Awesome 10/10 killer perfect state don't change him

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3600999#Comment_3600999

    Just because you play one way doesn't mean the majority are playing the way it's intended to be played. I agree with you too. I have went up against 2 Chucky's that didn't use any crappy tactics and played a fair game, however the 100 or so other did not. They camp and face camping has returned regardless of the anti camp. Slash n dash allows Chucky to proxy camp and take out whoever goes and saves the hooked survivor and one is usually exposed. Games are ending at 4 gens. If that doesn't get you they are adding NOED. Not only that scamper does not have a cool down or stun.

    Don't blame the survivor mains here blame the killer main base that have abused the camping, proxy camping, and tunneling for years. Chucky is the perfect killer for it so they are the ones to blame for the nerfs, not the crying survivor mains. It's been 100% bonus on survivor since he came out, maybe because no one wants to play against him anymore.

    Killers have been forced to play the way you are complaining about because survivors have been the power role for the majority of the games life, and complain when they can't torture killers.

  • Seeing and agreeing with a lot of the feedback.

    Make small changes to help survivors react better to his kit. Countering him is truly difficult. This is of course the case in the scenario of experienced survivor vs. experienced killer. He has too many offensive mechanics that prevent healthy chases. This has to be my main gripe. I feel like I make solid decisions on loops or create good distance with mind games but his mechanics just offer little room for reward when playing well. Slice and dice closes any gap even around an object that should in theory prevent him from “wrapping” or flicking the hit. Scamper punishes pallet drops especially with the add on that breaks the pallet. He is inherently hard to track even without Hidey Hoe mode and this is especially the case on maps with grass or field textures. His 3rd person view also punishes stealth tricks that may work on other killers.

    Having said this, I do enjoy the idea of his kit and think with some tweaks he could be one of the more fun killers to play against but not in his current state.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq68jrbkHuk

    so on top of the flick tech that make slice 'n dice already super annoying and nearly impossible to dodge hens found a combination of add ons to get pratically infinite dash that make chucky even more toxic and obnoxious. these 2 add ons can't stay like that and it really needs to be adressed. they need to be nerfed or rework or this is gonna be a big problem for survivors.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601563#Comment_3601563

    The thing is… camping and tunneling is an issue with the game that needs to be addressed. It’s not just a Chucky issue. I had a few Blights and Weskers do this yesterday.

    It absolutely is and Chucky's perk makes it worse because it exposes you.

  • @CrossTheSholf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601028#Comment_3601028

    Killers have been forced to play the way you are complaining about because survivors have been the power role for the majority of the games life, and complain when they can't torture killers.

    No it's a choice. You don't need to at 5 gens. You don't know how survivors play before they start playing. Not every 4 person is a squad. Some people play that way yes I will agree with you survivors are not innocent, but it doesn't mean every one is.

  • The new complaints. Almost comical. People honestly complain about the fact they can't blind Chucky at pallets and that he can break pallets and slide under them? I wonder if they ever played against Legion. He can basically do the same thing, vaulting pallets and destroying them at the same time. Yet i hear no complaints about Legion being crazy OP. You can't hear Chucky while he's undetectable? Maybe tun up your game volume or get better headphones. He giggles even when undetectable. You can hear him and see him. Just pay more attention. I mean, most of the complaints are just silly and apply for other killers as well, like Wraith.

    Saying that Chucky is OP is like insisting that Pigs and Cows can fly on their own.

  • @Lemonwolf said:

    Chucky is mediocre at best.

    But it won't matter. Too many survivor mains complained already, so he will be nerfed, making him completely unviable like many killers before.

    The things posted in this thread. Claim of Chucky being better than Blight. It is beyond ridiculous.

    People complaining about the scamper ability......really? Just w shift away, he is is only a 110% movement speed killer. Looping with him takes like forever because he's so slow. You can still hear him while in stealth mode because he has a tendency to cackle.

    Using S&D is very tricky. The video posted is invalid evidence. We are talking about him being played as he should be, not while using xyz exploit or whatever. I certainly don't play him like that, i don't even want to know how these exploits work because...well they are exploits!

    People claiming he can traverse half across the map using his ability once....Really? In what universe? Certainly not this one.

    His S&D hitbox is terrible. Often enough i ran into survivors and nothing happened!

    Survivors who know what they are doing, especially SWFs will use you as a toy, literally.

    I mean seriously. People complaining about his stealth being too OP, him allegedly being too fast, even though he has 110% movement speed and a 32m terror radius!! What is wrong with you? Ever played against wraith? Wraith is better in many aspects.

    Most of this feedback thread is nothing but a farce. People coming in claiming the game is balanced towards killers and that soon there wont be survivors left willing to play the game....right...that's a good one.

    Survivors complaining how "unfair" his undetectable is and he's "not fun" to play against. The Hex is unfun and unfair (in my matches the hex goes poof before it has any value, just saying) All his perks are so unfair.....we demand a killer to entertain us, we demand escapes. Whine, whine, whine...... And most of the whiney posts even get votes.

    Sadly, BHVR listens to these whiney posts. Chucky will be nerfed for sure because of the excessive whining. That i am 100% sure of.

    its realy disapointing. They nerfed trickster, than confirmed that his main event isnt bugged and worked as intended. That kills any desire to play on him, then buffed a common addon like the cherry on the cake.

    Bruh...

    I hope they will do the right things.

    With chucky and trickster.

    Lets hope...

  • Why does Chucky a 4.4ms killer with a 32m tr start the match with his power on cool down when blight and wesker a 4.6ms killer have full access to all their tokens to immediately start zooming to immediately pressure survivors?


    Even spirit has access to her phase at the start.

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601610#Comment_3601610

    It absolutely is and Chucky's perk makes it worse because it exposes you.

    No, it isn’t.

  • It’s pretty obvious that most of the people that say he is super OP don’t play as him. He is a good killer but definitely has weaknesses.

  • Just recorded several matches playing as Chucky. It was a disaster. People who know what they are doing know where you are even when you are undetectable. I play with an aura reading build, and it was very obvious people knew. Also, during chases, mindgames were impossible. Only one 4k, several 1k, a few 0k and a 3k. I might edit it together and present this absolute farce and proof that Chucky is anything but OP. Oh, i got lots and lots of disrespect, tbags behind pallets, clicky with the flashlights, gesturing, all of these combined in the exit gates. It was fun!!! Cannot wait to present this labor of love thrown at me by the survivors.

  • -The dash is too strong. It's like pig's dash, but WAAAY stronger. I think there's a reason why pig dash is the way it is, it's "balanced" (And I used to play pig A LOT, she was like my 2nd or 3rd most used killer) it's situational, while the dash with Chucky can be done in almost every situation. It's hard to dodge or counter, you just have to take the hit most of the time. Once people start using it correctly, it's going to feel as cheap as Nurse playing against a Chucky Main.

    -The pallet vault is also stronger than, for instance, legion or wesker. Wesker's vault lets you get to a window, chucky doesn't, he can almost instantly down you.

    -The undetectable feature is unnecessary, he's already small and doesn't make constant noices like Victor, he's too silent, Victor makes continuous grunts so you can pinpoint where he's at even if you don't see him, chucky is small and you can't hear him other than some sporadic laughter.

  • @Coder said:

    -The dash is too strong. It's like pig's dash, but WAAAY stronger. I think there's a reason why pig dash is the way it is, it's "balanced" (And I used to play pig A LOT, she was like my 2nd or 3rd most used killer) it's situational, while the dash with Chucky can be done in almost every situation. It's hard to dodge or counter, you just have to take the hit most of the time. Once people start using it correctly, it's going to feel as cheap as Nurse playing against a Chucky Main.

    -The pallet vault is also stronger than, for instance, legion or wesker. Wesker's vault lets you get to a window, chucky doesn't, he can almost instantly down you.

    -The undetectable feature is unnecessary, he's already small and doesn't make constant noices like Victor, he's too silent, Victor makes continuous grunts so you can pinpoint where he's at even if you don't see him, chucky is small and you can't hear him other than some sporadic laughter.

    If you want all these things nerfed, they might as well delete him from the game.

    The dash is weak to mediocre. It is not very precise and quite finicky.

    If people are stupid enough to stay at dropped pallets, it's their fault, not the killer designs.

    He totally needs the undetectable status. Without it, he would be the worst killer in the game.

    And if you cannot hear him, buy yourself some better headphones because you can hear him. Strangely enough, all survivors in my lobbies can hear him and start w shifting. Now why is that? Maybe because you can actually hear him?

    Talking about Pig. With Amanda's letter, you can sneak up to survivors and see their auras!! Can you do the same with Chucky? No! So please stop complaining about things that are a non issue.

  • @Lemonwolf said:

    Just recorded several matches playing as Chucky. It was a disaster. People who know what they are doing know where you are even when you are undetectable. I play with an aura reading build, and it was very obvious people knew. Also, during chases, mindgames were impossible. Only one 4k, several 1k, a few 0k and a 3k. I might edit it together and present this absolute farce and proof that Chucky is anything but OP. Oh, i got lots and lots of disrespect, tbags behind pallets, clicky with the flashlights, gesturing, all of these combined in the exit gates. It was fun!!! Cannot wait to present this labor of love thrown at me by the survivors.

    You said it right there the thing is you were playing SWF's which it's widely proven soloq is more dominant. When I first stated I think Chucky is probably good for those higher tier players or well coordinated 4 person SWF's but not in soloq or 2/3 SWF's. Take SWF'S out of the equation and you really have an killer that needs a nerf. Most killers camp the hook even with anti camping it's making a comeback. Just because you play in a higher tier doesn't mean everyone else is. Survivors that just started playing within the last couple years are still stuck here and keep getting knocked down because of camping and tunneling out and the bowels of soloq.

    The true problem is 4 person SWF bully squads and that's something they should not design a killer around, and that's what they did here, because let's face if you break all of his perks and basekit down that's exactly who he targets.

  • Thank you for Chucky he is really cool to play as and against!

    My only problem with him are the controls on Controller, they are a bit weird. Normally you activate a killer ability on L2 and then have a second one on L1, but his scamper isn‘t on L1. I would like if you could always scamper and that you couldn‘t turn the ability off, so that his L1 button would be free.

  • @Everllark said:

    Why does Chucky a 4.4ms killer with a 32m tr start the match with his power on cool down when blight and wesker a 4.6ms killer have full access to all their tokens to immediately start zooming to immediately pressure survivors?

    Even spirit has access to her phase at the start.

    Yes please behavior explain this? Like getting the first hit is so hard on Chucky if you are 110 and they can hear you coming no matter what. He should have his power at the start like every other killer, he can't teleport like Dredge/Onryo, so I see no need for this to be a thing.

    His cooldown is also insanely long for no reason. Spirit has way more Control over her power, with a much shorter cooldown.

    Blight and Nurse can afford to miss a blink/rush and get all their charges back in seconds, but Chucky has an 18 second cooldown?

    Chucky is severely punished by Dead Hard as it's the most free 3rd health state in the game, since you can always tell when he will hit you and then just press e. And even if he misses you still get lots of distance.

    With all that in mind 18 seconds cooldown needs to be reduced, he has no map mobility like Nurse and Blight/Spirit do with their abilities, (where they can waste their charges just to get across the map. Chucky can't since the lunge is so short), he barely can keep up when his power is on cooldown for so long.

    I've been playing a ton of Chucky, and a ton against him. So far whenever I'm against and he goes in cooldown, I can make it across the map in the 18 seconds he has no power, and even then I'll just Dead hard and he is forced to wait another 25 seconds for a down, let alone a hook.

  • I like playing against Chucky AND playing as Chucky. I think it is a great killer. Actually, my favorite in the list ATM.

  • Chucky seems like a nice A tier killer. Good in chase..bit of stealth. His add ons feel like Wesker. Some good one and some strong ones but nothing broken like mother daughter ring or coxcombed clapper. Strong enough to be fun but with a decent amount of counterplay with practice. It is very fun to make Chucky miss a dash...like Billy or Huntress fun to hit with and fun to dodge. Love the voice lines. Overall a good release 10/10

  • So after playing as and against Chucky for a while I can say this:

    Positives

    • Slice & Dice is a fun power to use and dodge
    • Thinking differently when going against him is mostly fun (except a few things I'm going to mention)
    • His stealth is nice, I also enjoy the idea of the footsteps
    • Chaining Scampers during Slice & Dice is really fun

    Negatives

    • Chucky's add-ons are not good, almost no fun/interesting add-ons, a lot of them just slightly alter numbers
    • Long power cooldown, with tweaks like depleting the power on stuns or m1s when out of Hidey-Ho mode could allow for shorter cooldown, if a Survivor pulls out a stun on Chucky successfully it could also prevent instant Scampers
    • Scamper (when not in Slice & Dice) is an unbalanced nightmare and I hate it both as the Killer and as a Survivor

    I think that's all I have to say about him, BHVR did a great job with this Killer, except some misses like add-ons or Scamper when not chained during Slice & Dice, otherwise great.

  • what do you want to hear about your unbalanced killer? Unbalanced ability, camera, speed, size and even body (hitbox) - if it is small then why when he is below pallete a survivor can't jump through that pallete?

  • @Emeal said:

    I have played like 5 games, I am yet to land a single hit while in slice and dice mode. Not easy to play at all.

    He’s like Oni. I’ve only played him a few times and don’t have any issues this far. 🤷🏼‍♂️😅

  • I like going against and as chunky. He’s not hard to counter. He’s does well as a killer too. I haven’t had any issues.

  • Chucky is good in chase but lacks in other areas. He is not OP at all. He will get destroyed by good survivors and will do great against bad survivors. I usually just get gen rushed while playing him against decent survivors.

  • I gave some time before I judged but Chucky's hitbox is atrocious, I've both experienced myself and seen countless clips of him hitting survivors nowhere near him, or literally hitting them after Slice & Dicing past them. Additionally his cooldown after missing a Slice & Dice is too short, it's pretty easy to get a hit right after. I also think Scamper should be looked at because it can be a bit ridiculous, increasing the size of his red stain as well so hes easier to track. Last thing I wanted to add is maybe make it so he can't turn so much, hes able to flick more and turn at a much faster rate than Blight or Oni.

    At the beginning of the clip in the link it gives an example of his extreme hitbox that should be looked at https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/s/ZAOqkkXpQ5

  • @dance said:

    The Good Guy has arrived and he's ready to be friends 'til the end! We'd love to hear your feedback playing as, or against, Chucky.

    You can read more about Chucky's Power and Perks in the Update 7.4.0 Patch Notes.

    Tell us below what you think of The Good Guy below.

    Pretty fun, although the footsteps aren't visible most of the time so moments where chucky should be seen via his footsteps don't always happen

  • After versing him some more you definitely need to address scamper, it's a guaranteed hit everytime at the best usual loops, it's always a lose lose situation for the survivor . Cooldown after missing a slice and dice should be increased a tiny bit and you should really address his turning during slice and dice, he can turn so much more by doing some precise mouse movements (which i assume is a bug much like blight's hug "tech"), there's litteraly no counterplay as survivor. last thing is to make him louder as one can't even hear him when playing survivor. his slice and dice hitbox are also quite insane at some times which feels awful to play against

  • I don't understand why created such an unpleasant voice line.

    Is it sportsmanlike to insult someone?

  • @dknb said:

    I don't understand why created such an unpleasant voice line.

    Is it sportsmanlike to insult someone?

    Lol wut....

  • @awustzdn said:

    Nerf him.

    We all know you're going to anyway, just get it over with.

    Told you.

  • Gonna be honest, chucky is starting to feel weak.

    His stealth is unreliable because hidey ho duration is so short. This is making me feel like the need to run the iridescent amulet and also run an additional stealth perk to make up it.

    People are getting good at avoiding slice and dice. Pretty much never getting scamper chain hits anymore. Btw i was NOT doing 180s. I don't want to throw my mouse across the room.

    Scamper under pallet rarely feels useful, and this makes me feel the need to run hard hat.

    I hope that he becomes 4.5m/s or 4.6m/s OR his terror radius gets reduced to 24m, and/or hidey ho mode duration gets increased.

    I'm not sure how i would change scamper because it's a volatile ability. I just find it a bit underwhelming. I do find it useful to scamper through windows though but most pallet loops it seems like survivor can still go through. I tried athletic shoes and it didn't really help unfortunately.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    Gonna be honest, chucky is starting to feel weak.

    His stealth is unreliable because hidey ho duration is so short. This is making me feel like the need to run the iridescent amulet and also run an additional stealth perk to make up it.

    People are getting good at avoiding slice and dice. Pretty much never getting scamper chain hits anymore. Btw i was NOT doing 180s. I don't want to throw my mouse across the room.

    Scamper under pallet rarely feels useful, and this makes me feel the need to run hard hat.

    I hope that he becomes 4.5m/s or 4.6m/s OR his terror radius gets reduced to 24m, and/or hidey ho mode duration gets increased.

    I'm not sure how i would change scamper because it's a volatile ability. I just find it a bit underwhelming. I do find it useful to scamper through windows though but most pallet loops it seems like survivor can still go through. I tried athletic shoes and it didn't really help unfortunately.

    I completely agree. Chucky definitely isn’t a bad killer but he’s nowhere as strong as he was at launch because people are figuring out how to counter him. I think he could use some buffs as well. Maybe buff his movement speed and nerf slice and dice slightly? Idk.

    edit- Or maybe a shorter cooldown on his ability because it is insanely long. He can’t really patrol gens that well either because of how slow he is. This is why so many Chucky players camp and tunnel. I try playing fair and it’s almost always a loss against good players.

  • The change to Chucky being unable to do a 180 flick I think was a good change, though I do still believe his hitbox should be adjusted (he still hits survivors that are far away from him) as well as Scamper being looked at, I think he'll be in a pretty good spot after a few more tweaks.

  • TLDR: Scampering needs to not drag my camera to be behind Chucky.


    From a console player perspective, my observations are:

    • The 3rd person camera helps in a number of ways. As well as scouting, it makes Chucky harder to 360, as you can't really FOV tech him. Even if you miss on Chucky, you are never completely bamboozled, so this is nice.
    • Between his height at loops and hidey ho being able to hide his red light, he has a lot of strength in mind games, and can catch out even experienced players by mixing up his approaches and being smart with his predications.
    • The Slice and Dice is very decently strong, cancelling his charge up to bait, creates strong mind gaming power to make survivors leave (where you can complete the charge up and try to score a hit) or make them stay and forcing them to face your mind game strength.
    • Scamper however is very punishing to use, and almost the worst choice in every single scenario. The turn angle is what it is, but the real issue is that on console you can't flick or adjust your aim rapidly, so typically you want to pre-aim where you want to go, and move with the left analogue stick to line it up and trigger. This works well enough for Slice and Dice, but Scamper drags your camera to face the direction of the window or pallet you are scampering, and then switches back. This means you can't carry on looking at the survivor while you scamper, which combined with the time it takes to complete the scamper and the difficulty of turning on console, you almost always miss your mark and end up in no mans land, with no hope of landing a hit for any pallet or window that doesn't end in a narrow corridor.

    PC players will of course lament the loss of advanced flicks, but from a console players perspective, his scamper's main issue is dragging the camera off of where I'm looking. For most killers this is fine, because I have to be looking at the window anyway to use it... but for Chucky it is just unnecessaily disorientating. Imagine if the survivor camera dragged itself behind you every time you took and pallet or window vault? It'd be horrible.

  • @TheGriffinDore said:

    The Good Guy is just straight up weak now. The power cooldown is way too long, the stealth is underwhelming, and when you do actually get to use his power, the skill expression and hit potential has been neutered. The amount of times I've hit nothing but oxygen and it counts as collision with an object 40ft away is ridiculous. He needs changes.

    biggest issue right now imo is the cooldown. It’s insanely long. It needs to be shorter.

1 2 3 ›