GOODBYE HOOK GRABS

Thanks so much for removing them, did literally nothing but make facecamping stronger, BASEDHVR

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471809#Comment_3471809

    Unless it’s a SWF, and if the killer gets too far away from the hook, then all the survivors on generators will hide, the hooked survivor will get saved for free while the killer is away, then that survivor will get healed, and now the killer has zero pressure, and the survivors got rewarded for using voice comms.

    This game gives zero help or incentives for leaving a hooked survivor. BHVR only gives killers nerf after nerf for camping, and thinks it’s completely fine for survivors to excessively hide.

    What do you want survivors to do? Everyone complains that gens get done too fast. Blame survivors for having perks, toolboxes, etc. when that’s our objective and you aren’t applying pressure. We can’t hide now? Are we supposed to just run around the map screaming here I am? What’s next? You want to take stuns away? No defense whatsoever?

    Let me help you with your issue: if someone is performing a hook rescue that’s 2 survivors off of gens. When they’re healing that’s at least 1 person off of a gen. If the other survivors are hiding they’re not on gens either. Patrol your gens! Kick your gens! Run regression perks! If a generator is noisy a survivor is likely nearby. I can tell you when I play survivor I often won’t leave the area if a killer comes looking for the gen I was working on. And if you want to stop gen progress even more then focus on finding those survivors, chasing, and eliminating them rather than standing idly while one dies. Start using perks that requires survivors to complete secondary objectives like hexes, perks that affect item usage, and healing. Use information perks that trigger loud noises or aura reading. You don’t have to camp to be effective and I’m sorry to tell you this but if it’s a SWF camping becomes an even less effective strategy.

  • Woo free 1-1 hook trades with no mind game... surely this will be a healthy design.

  • Such a good change, I'm happy they are removing that busted mechanic from hooks.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    And if ecg comes, with this killers go from probably 1 kill to zero. (in a 4 v 1)

    If they can pull off the hook save, that's fine.

    There was nothing good about a game of chicken at every hook stand off. Instead of baiting each other for 30 seconds survivors will jusy commit to the unhook right away. That alone will make a coordinated bodyblocking save more tricky to pull off.

  • @Lateralus0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471794#Comment_3471794

    It's not "a way to look at it" it's an objective fact . This benefits no one but survivors

    Calling it "another freebie" is very clearly opinionated

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471809#Comment_3471809

    Unless it’s a SWF, and if the killer gets too far away from the hook, then all the survivors on generators will hide, the hooked survivor will get saved for free while the killer is away, then that survivor will get healed, and now the killer has zero pressure, and the survivors got rewarded for using voice comms.

    This game gives zero help or incentives for leaving a hooked survivor. BHVR only gives killers nerf after nerf for camping, and thinks it’s completely fine for survivors to excessively hide.

    This is nonsense. I never camp and yet somehow manage to get at least a 3K most games. So far today it's been every game.

    You remind me of a Blight I encountered earlier. Facecamped every hook he made, yet failed to prevent a single unhook, so just wasted time standing still for 30-50 seconds for each hook. Everyone escaped.

  • @Lateralus0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471585#Comment_3471585

    Nah I genuinely just think you're someone who hates him cause you're favorite content creators do. Remember Scott and his wife spread lies about Tru3 and got him removed from the Fog Whisperer program. You don't like Tru3 cause he holds different opinions about a game then you. That's it. Sad as heck

    I used to like Tru3. Unfortunately his killer bias has become unhinged. I cant watch him for more than about 5 minutes before he makes the most whiney killer main complaint and my eyes involuntarily rotate to the back of my head. Morf is the same but for survivors.

  • @Lateralus0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471887#Comment_3471887

    I some how don't really believe you honestly. Or you play at very low mmr.

    You don't believe you cant play killer without camping?

    Maybe you need to learn how to play killer without camping.

    "Must be low MMR" classic. You know 95% of players are "low MMR". Only the top 5% get their own bubble, everyone else is mixed together.

  • Very healthy change I was mad other day getting hook grabbed while I stopped rescueing 1s before. They favoured too much killer before and they were not skillful play just luck most of the time.

  • Finally! Now more survivors will go for unhooks. I've seen way too many killers camp a hook just to use it to grab survivors from unhook attempts.

  • Hmmm.

    I'll have to see about this.


    I'm definitely not a fan of the PT nerf.

  • @Lateralus0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471884#Comment_3471884

    Again though it's a "fact" therefore there is no opinion involved. Just a fact.

    Whatever

  • Free bt escapes in egc weren't enough I guess, so glad I never use hooks.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Free bt escapes in egc weren't enough I guess, so glad I never use hooks.

    What are you a tombstone Mikey main.

  • Hook grabs as a mechanic led to bad gameplay, but removing them without an replacement means that Killers now can't prevent an unhook at all.

  • @Sometimes_Sage said:

    Hook grabs as a mechanic led to bad gameplay, but removing them without an replacement means that Killers now can't prevent an unhook at all.

    Such a thing is not necessary

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Free bt escapes in egc weren't enough I guess, so glad I never use hooks.

    Free bt escapes that you had to complete all the gens and coordinate a 2 man save for, yeah, super free

  • 4 people who are still alive because the Killer can't kill you immediately and has to go through 3 different Hook events for every survivor.

    Trust me, you would not have liked the old Mori system.

    Nobody 'deserves' anything. This is a game. The question is if the gameplay is enjoyable for the most part for everyone involved.

    The EGC is there to push the Survivors to finish the Trial (except 99% still exists) in a timely manner. Still has some work needed IMO, but that's its purpose.

  • @DavidHypnos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471832#Comment_3471832

    What do you want survivors to do? Everyone complains that gens get done too fast. Blame survivors for having perks, toolboxes, etc. when that’s our objective and you aren’t applying pressure. We can’t hide now? Are we supposed to just run around the map screaming here I am? What’s next? You want to take stuns away? No defense whatsoever?

    Let me help you with your issue: if someone is performing a hook rescue that’s 2 survivors off of gens. When they’re healing that’s at least 1 person off of a gen. If the other survivors are hiding they’re not on gens either. Patrol your gens! Kick your gens! Run regression perks! If a generator is noisy a survivor is likely nearby. I can tell you when I play survivor I often won’t leave the area if a killer comes looking for the gen I was working on. And if you want to stop gen progress even more then focus on finding those survivors, chasing, and eliminating them rather than standing idly while one dies. Start using perks that requires survivors to complete secondary objectives like hexes, perks that affect item usage, and healing. Use information perks that trigger loud noises or aura reading. You don’t have to camp to be effective and I’m sorry to tell you this but if it’s a SWF camping becomes an even less effective strategy.

    I want BHVR to admit that “refusing to interact with everyone in the game” is a problem on both sides.

    Yes, it is a problem if killers are camping and tunneling, instead of interacting with all the survivors…. But it is also a problem when survivors are hiding, and purposely avoiding interaction with the killer.

    Instead of always making the interaction problem 100% the responsibility of the killer, I want mechanics to also be in place to punish survivors that don’t want to interact with the killer.

    If killers are expected to leave a hooked survivor to patrol the map, they should have a reasonable chance of finding someone, as an incentive of leaving the hooked survivor.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471847#Comment_3471847

    I want BHVR to admit that “refusing to interact with everyone in the game” is a problem on both sides.

    Yes, it is a problem if killers are camping and tunneling, instead of interacting with all the survivors…. But it is also a problem when survivors are hiding, and purposely avoiding interaction with the killer.

    Instead of always making the interaction problem 100% the responsibility of the killer, I want mechanics to also be in place to punish survivors that don’t want to interact with the killer.

    If killers are expected to leave a hooked survivor to patrol the map, they should have a reasonable chance of finding someone, as an incentive of leaving the hooked survivor.

    Did you ever consider running tracking perks to counter stealth? Like.... Nowhere to hide? you can still get loud notification when the survivor is unhooked.

    I think tru3's take on it was funniest. I won't post video clip because it has swearing but at 32:19 in his BVHR is losing the mind video. his comment related to baby killers not needing camping is funny.

  • I'm hoping if they're removing hook grabs that means they'll also lock in survivors unhooking animation so they can't spam unhook to prevent another survivor from unhooking and griefing the hooked survivor.

  • @Sometimes_Sage said:

    Hook grabs as a mechanic led to bad gameplay, but removing them without an replacement means that Killers now can't prevent an unhook at all.

    No, but you should be able to freely down whoever goes for the unhook. It's not like you can unhook with no risk.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472003#Comment_3472003

    Did you ever consider running tracking perks to counter stealth? Like.... Nowhere to hide? you can still get loud notification when the survivor is unhooked.

    I think tru3's take on it was funniest. I won't post video clip because it has swearing but at 32:19 in his BVHR is losing the mind video. his comment related to baby killers not needing camping is funny.

    If survivors are getting basekit help for anti camping, then killers should get basekit help that are positive incentives for not camping.

  • So....how do you never use hooks? Do you just slug them to death?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471289#Comment_3471289

    If they can pull off the hook save, that's fine.

    There was nothing good about a game of chicken at every hook stand off. Instead of baiting each other for 30 seconds survivors will jusy commit to the unhook right away. That alone will make a coordinated bodyblocking save more tricky to pull off.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471289#Comment_3471289

    And? I know Killers have the weird mentality that they deserve a pity Kill in Endgame. But most likely camping Killers will still get a Trade, unless the Survivors are organized AND all of them are alive. And if the Killer did not manage to kill one single Survivor during the Trial, the Survivors can also deserve to escape.

    Well i did state in a 1 v 4 at ecg its most likely they won't. I wasn't asking for pity merely stating a likely scenario.

    And it's funny you mention pity for killers, but in your last line you think that if 4 are alive that "survivors can also deserve to escape"

    Bit of pity bias there?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471289#Comment_3471289

    If they can pull off the hook save, that's fine.

    There was nothing good about a game of chicken at every hook stand off. Instead of baiting each other for 30 seconds survivors will jusy commit to the unhook right away. That alone will make a coordinated bodyblocking save more tricky to pull off.

    How will it make it harder if there is 4 alive? Instead of getting a guaranteed grab onto hook i could get 4 wounded states and zero hooks?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471847#Comment_3471847

    I want BHVR to admit that “refusing to interact with everyone in the game” is a problem on both sides.

    Yes, it is a problem if killers are camping and tunneling, instead of interacting with all the survivors…. But it is also a problem when survivors are hiding, and purposely avoiding interaction with the killer.

    Instead of always making the interaction problem 100% the responsibility of the killer, I want mechanics to also be in place to punish survivors that don’t want to interact with the killer.

    If killers are expected to leave a hooked survivor to patrol the map, they should have a reasonable chance of finding someone, as an incentive of leaving the hooked survivor.

    Dude, I’ve literally accumulated an idle crow for hiding while a killer lingered around one area for too long. There are already plenty of ways to find survivors. And finding them should be the killer’s responsibility. If you were being tracked by a killer would you not try to hide? Would you want to pop out and make it easier for them? Besides, the fact that survivors have to repair generators means they can’t hide the entire game. And killers can see the auras of all unfinished gens. Do a better job patrolling them.

  • @Lateralus0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471585#Comment_3471585

    Nah I genuinely just think you're someone who hates him cause you're favorite content creators do. Remember Scott and his wife spread lies about Tru3 and got him removed from the Fog Whisperer program. You don't like Tru3 cause he holds different opinions about a game then you. That's it. Sad as heck

    you dont know anything about me and your just making up stuff

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471874#Comment_3471874

    I used to like Tru3. Unfortunately his killer bias has become unhinged. I cant watch him for more than about 5 minutes before he makes the most whiney killer main complaint and my eyes involuntarily rotate to the back of my head. Morf is the same but for survivors.

    The dude was seriously complaining about blastmine…blastmine🤦‍♂️

  • @DavidHypnos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472003#Comment_3472003

    Dude, I’ve literally accumulated an idle crow for hiding while a killer lingered around one area for too long. There are already plenty of ways to find survivors. And finding them should be the killer’s responsibility. If you were being tracked by a killer would you not try to hide? Would you want to pop out and make it easier for them? Besides, the fact that survivors have to repair generators means they can’t hide the entire game. And killers can see the auras of all unfinished gens. Do a better job patrolling them.

    Many people are asking for killers to make bad game decisions for the sake of survivor fun. It’s often the best strategy for killers to camp or tunnel, but survivors want that to change.

    Likewise, it’s often the best strategy for survivors to hide, and that should also be changed. The mindset that the game problems should be 100% the responsibility of the killer is awful. Yes, survivors should be punished for excessively hiding. Killers AND SURVIVORS should all be encouraged to interact with each other.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471517#Comment_3471517

    If there are multiple survivors alive endgame to prevent a trade, the killer probably messed up long before that. Focus less on the 1 EGC kill and more on the mistakes leading up to that. I promise killer is not this unsolveable riddle of a game mode.

    It's Allright just waiting for that free corrupt basekit

    2029 copium

  • Forced Hesitation + STBFL sounds more attractive with this change.


    Hook grabbing should be enabled in the endgame, otherwise it’s going to be a free save.

  • @Sometimes_Sage said:

    Hook grabs as a mechanic led to bad gameplay, but removing them without an replacement means that Killers now can't prevent an unhook at all.

    STBFL Exists and is a top-tier perk. There's also not waiting until they're at the hook to hit them. All it's done is removed the silly little minigame of forcing the killer to hit you to deny a grab. Killers like Bubba are still free to insta-down survivors.

  • @UnavailableName said:

    Another insane nerf for killers. After gen regression, MFT + Resilience insane synergie, MFT alone that is extremely busted, now removing hook grabs...

    What does it mean ? Camping a hook as the last possible tool for you won't be possible as 2 survivors will kick gens and only one survivor will be enough to unhook the survivor.

    Gens will fly even faster now.

    I'd love to know how facecamping prevented gens from flying in your games

  • Regardless of whether this is a buff or nerf, the game is meant to be about chases, not goofing around hooks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471517#Comment_3471517

    If there are multiple survivors alive endgame to prevent a trade, the killer probably messed up long before that. Focus less on the 1 EGC kill and more on the mistakes leading up to that. I promise killer is not this unsolveable riddle of a game mode.

    Yeah, the mistake of being nice and not killing anyone before the 8th hook.

  • I mean, I personally will just enjoy being an even more obnoxious basement Bubba who camps harder now. Take my grabs, can't take my camps though 👁️👄👁️

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471881#Comment_3471881

    How will it make it harder if there is 4 alive? Instead of getting a guaranteed grab onto hook i could get 4 wounded states and zero hooks?

    Because they wont take 30 seconds dancing around the hook because you refuse to hit any of them. Survivors use that time to line up the bodyblocks.

    They will need to commit to a rescue immediately, because you will have no reason not to whack them at your first opportunity. Immediate commitment to rescue means they have to have perfect timing and positioning on the first try.

  • @LobbyDodgerLeonidas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472241#Comment_3472241

    If facecamping Bubba ever ceases to exist, this game will truly be dead

    funny joke

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471679#Comment_3471679

    Yeah, the mistake of being nice and not killing anyone before the 8th hook.

    Not tunneling isn't being nice. Unhooked survivors get exactly one chance to get away after being unhooked. If they intentionally bodyblock, or try to blind you, or whatever then they go back on the hook.

    If you stumble across the recently unhooked survivor within the first 15 seconds of them being unhooked, slug them instead of hooking them. Has the same pressure effect, only now they don't feel like they're being tunneled out of the game.

    TL;DR: Don't play nice, but don't play like you're desperate for a 1k either.

  • It's nice but won't stop much except the hook dance around. Killer will still intercept incoming survivor, get a hit before the unhook, and one after the unhook. If they intercept the survivor at a decent distance then the survivor will have to either abort the unhook or potentially go down trying. I rarely see hook grabs in my games, mostly it plays out with the dance around then a hook trade.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It's nice but won't stop much except the hook dance around. Killer will still intercept incoming survivor, get a hit before the unhook, and one after the unhook. If they intercept the survivor at a decent distance then the survivor will have to either abort the unhook or potentially go down trying. I rarely see hook grabs in my games, mostly it plays out with the dance around then a hook trade.

    Isn't that more or less intended though, it's not like they changed it to make every hook rescue safe.

  • Yes...

    Goodbye hook grabs.

    Too bad they didn't fix the entire reason why camping almost always happened during the end game. That being that gates are impossible to defend if more than 1 person is still alive, so the Killer's gonna defend the hooked survivor because they can actually do that.

    I'm pretty sure killers will start playing in even more unplesant ways now that that safety net of camping in the end game is gone.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Yes...

    Goodbye hook grabs.

    Too bad they didn't fix the entire reason why camping almost always happened during the end game. That being that gates are impossible to defend if more than 1 person is still alive, so the Killer's gonna defend the hooked survivor because they can actually do that.

    I'm pretty sure killers will start playing in even more unplesant ways now that that safety net of camping in the end game is gone.

    At least there is one less things to inflate kill rates without actually making them viable, and that is great.

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471868#Comment_3471868

    Calling it "another freebie" is very clearly opinionated

    I am indeed quite opinionated, doesn't mean that I'm right tho. I just complain a lot.

    To me hook-grabbing was such a non-issue that I didn't understand why would people want to nerf it. Like what it forces you to use your brain for a grand maximum of 20 seconds? We weren't on hatch standoff levels.

    I'm also not looking forward the hook swarming yet again gaining a bullet.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472294#Comment_3472294

    Isn't that more or less intended though, it's not like they changed it to make every hook rescue safe.

    Yes, obviously. But some people are acting like that's exactly why they changed it and I'm pointing out that it actually doesn't change much

  • Honestly good change.

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471962#Comment_3471962

    Free bt escapes that you had to complete all the gens and coordinate a 2 man save for, yeah, super free

    Okay so we make it to egc, why do we deserve a guaranteed escape for failure in the final moments?

    These forced time windows where the only options killers have are the least beneficial, now thats boring. Just turns any hook in the egc into a bp farming situation.

    I'm seeing this as a major loss of engaging play for both sides and I don't even use hooks when playing killer.

1 2 3