GOODBYE HOOK GRABS

Thanks so much for removing them, did literally nothing but make facecamping stronger, BASEDHVR

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471977#Comment_3471977

    So....how do you never use hooks? Do you just slug them to death?

    I take my chases when favorable, down them when possible, and leave to find my next target. I don't actually try to bleed anyone out, that's up to their teammates since everyone can tell when I'm chasing and are free to make the pickup. I try to use altruism to slow the match instead of gen and regression perks which equates to more interactions for everyone.

  • Doesn't really stop Doctor or Clown interrupting unhooks though.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472068#Comment_3472068

    Because they wont take 30 seconds dancing around the hook because you refuse to hit any of them. Survivors use that time to line up the bodyblocks.

    They will need to commit to a rescue immediately, because you will have no reason not to whack them at your first opportunity. Immediate commitment to rescue means they have to have perfect timing and positioning on the first try.

    They still will wait for 4 people to get there if they have that.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472237#Comment_3472237

    Not tunneling isn't being nice. Unhooked survivors get exactly one chance to get away after being unhooked. If they intentionally bodyblock, or try to blind you, or whatever then they go back on the hook.

    If you stumble across the recently unhooked survivor within the first 15 seconds of them being unhooked, slug them instead of hooking them. Has the same pressure effect, only now they don't feel like they're being tunneled out of the game.

    TL;DR: Don't play nice, but don't play like you're desperate for a 1k either.

    Oh please, you can play however and survivor on average still try to grind your gears or get onto your nerves.

    Not stopping down on that level as killer takes a thick skin and endurance or indifference and makes playing for 12 hooks my definition of playing "nice".

    Survivor don't hand the killer anything, no matter how you play, so I left the game before answering in kind.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472317#Comment_3472317

    At least there is one less things to inflate kill rates without actually making them viable, and that is great.

    That's actually what i want. That's why i want to see death of tunnelling and camping. If these strategies dies, kill rates will drop so badly which will end some good buffs for killers.

    While devs focus only on data we won't get healthy changes. Maybe data should change and show real stats.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It's nice but won't stop much except the hook dance around. Killer will still intercept incoming survivor, get a hit before the unhook, and one after the unhook. If they intercept the survivor at a decent distance then the survivor will have to either abort the unhook or potentially go down trying. I rarely see hook grabs in my games, mostly it plays out with the dance around then a hook trade.

    It is fine that Killers will get a trade against single or uncoordinated Survivors. It will at least not be an advantage like before where you had one Survivor still on the hook and the other in the Dying State.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472243#Comment_3472243

    They still will wait for 4 people to get there if they have that.

    Then you'll have a reason not to camp, beat them to the chase by interrupting their healing orgie instead.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3471993#Comment_3471993

    Okay so we make it to egc, why do we deserve a guaranteed escape for failure in the final moments?

    These forced time windows where the only options killers have are the least beneficial, now thats boring. Just turns any hook in the egc into a bp farming situation.

    I'm seeing this as a major loss of engaging play for both sides and I don't even use hooks when playing killer.

    What failure in the final moments are you talking about?

  • I'll explain what happens when the hook grab is removed from the game.

    First, survivors are in no hurry to be rescued. Just by looking at the UI and repairing the generator together, and nearby people can immediately go to help. Be sure to repair for 40 seconds before rescuing. Victim is safe while hooked.

    This is because survivors hanging from hooks can be rescued without fail. Of course, in exchange for a rescuer down.

    Are you scared? Does it hurt? "There is no problem." Because that sarvivor will be rescued by 60 seconds as well. Those who have not yet been hooked should "exchange" in order.

    During this series of work, the person who is free will be in charge of repairing the generator. The gate will soon be energized.

    If someone opens the gate, you're ready to go. Let's go rescue the last victim everyone. If one is attacked, the other can be rescue.

    The last one is unharmed, so body block and let the injured teammate escape. congratulations! All arrived at the gate!

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472382#Comment_3472382

    What failure in the final moments are you talking about?

    Probably getting downed and hooked during egc?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472294#Comment_3472294

    It is fine that Killers will get a trade against single or uncoordinated Survivors. It will at least not be an advantage like before where you had one Survivor still on the hook and the other in the Dying State.

    Yeah, can't have Killers get an advantage by outplaying the poor Survivors.

  • @shalo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472472#Comment_3472472

    Yeah, can't have Killers get an advantage by outplaying the poor Survivors.

    You did not outplay the Survivors when you have 4 alive after all Gens are done, lol.

  • I wonder if the dev team think "eliminate mindgame" is the right thing to do for dead by daylight.

    Without hook grabs, a survivor can easily be rescued by one person, giving two members time to repair the generator.

    Mindgame is the essence of PvP games. If the mindgame is lost, the game becomes a boring and repetitive task.

    I was very disappointed.

  • I'm very skeptical this will make hook trades possible. I like the idea of hook grabs not being a thing but I don't like the idea of hooks being impossible to defend (not saying that's what it will be but it's a real possibility)

  • Just like when survivors 3 gen themselves, right?

  • @NerfThis said:

    Removing hook grabs is just stupid, since with hook grabs you can turn the tide of a game. I won matches when survivors were greedy and I grabbed them, making the game a win or a 4k.

    I don't understand why bhvr wanted to buff survivors in this way, ok I can anticipate a survivor to hook trade, but since tunneling is more convinient I will slug and tunnel at the same time, so the pressure will duplicate.

    Seriously devs, why this?

    Sounds like an undeserved win to be completely honest lol

  • @NerfThis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3473555#Comment_3473555

    Undeserved? If a player make a mistake, it's only fair that he/she pays for the mistake. If I grab you when you "tap" the surv on the hook, is because I have a good timing.

    It's only fair if I win by grabbing you, because you made a mistake and I managed to grab you. I can understand if you say that I grabbed you at a vault, this is 99% luck, but at the hook is not luck, or like 10% luck and 90% timing

    But now doing what they did wouldn't be a mistake,so

  • I still don't get what BHVR's problem with bloodpoint gains from perks are, especially on the Survivor side, which usually ends up with horrible gains to begin with. - Speaking from experience

  • I used to like the minigame about hook grabs but my connection is not that good to be consistent on both roles so I'm happy they got rid of it

  • If they 3 gens themselves and cant break it then yeah thats their fault. Any other whataboutisms?

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I'm very skeptical this will make hook trades possible. I like the idea of hook grabs not being a thing but I don't like the idea of hooks being impossible to defend (not saying that's what it will be but it's a real possibility)

    Why are you sceptical? I can't even remember the last time I was grabbed off hook. It's always the hook dance as you fake an unhook, take a hit, unhook, then go down for a hook trade. Nothing about this change prevents that. You can still get two hits on the incoming survivor.

  • I came back, like, a day before the seventh anniversary after a break of at least two years.

    As a Killer player, I had no idea hook grabs were in the game until I accidentally pulled off several.


    Thank goodness they're gone. Now you can get your buddy off the hook, like I want.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3473523#Comment_3473523

    Why are you sceptical? I can't even remember the last time I was grabbed off hook. It's always the hook dance as you fake an unhook, take a hit, unhook, then go down for a hook trade. Nothing about this change prevents that. You can still get two hits on the incoming survivor.

    I'm skeptical that the timing window will allow two hits, especially when coordinated teams can take several hits with the recently hit one phasing out and someone moving into them to absorb another hit.


    This also doesn't account for hit detection around hook often being jank. I've had several hits hit the hooked Survivor despite there being a survivor I swung at right between us.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3473685#Comment_3473685

    I'm skeptical that the timing window will allow two hits, especially when coordinated teams can take several hits with the recently hit one phasing out and someone moving into them to absorb another hit.

    This also doesn't account for hit detection around hook often being jank. I've had several hits hit the hooked Survivor despite there being a survivor I swung at right between us.

    But all of that happens now too. The timing window/hit cooldown hasn't changed. There's always been enough time to take a hit, unhook, then take another. In fact, this became stronger after update 6.1 when hit cooldown was decreased. Hit the person before they start the unhook, then hit them again after.

    There's always been multiple survivors swarming the hook in endgame. There's always been instances of hitting the hooked survivor instead of the unhooking one (hence why unhook positioning matters for the incoming survivor).

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3472382#Comment_3472382

    What failure in the final moments are you talking about?

    Failure to hide and avoid detection, then there's failing escape the chase (twice if healthy). Being outpositioned could be thrown in as well, but being spotted at a gate is forced exposure.

  • @1ettuce said:

    Thanks so much for removing them, did literally nothing but make facecamping stronger, BASEDHVR

    Tunnel game just gonna go up +1 my friend.

  • I'm glad they're gone because I was terrible at the grab standoff on both the survivor and killer sides.

  • this is just even more reason to never hook survivors i hope you like being sluged the whole game because there's no way i'm hooking survivors with base kit bt and no hook grabs and the anti camp change that's coming as well no sir the age of hooking survivors is over you can already barely go for hooks this change will be the nail in the coffin

  • It had been clear that healthy hook grabs were a terrible mechanic for years before this change.

    The posters in this thread who still, even after the change, think it was a decent mechanic need to give their heads a shake. They are really telling on themselves that they never actually learned to play the killer role, but still want ed to win games by forcing super free and cheesy healthy hook grabs. Good riddance.

1 2 3 ›