Circle of Healing is also likely to get a nerf, in-case you missed it.

https://twitter.com/Karu_TC/status/1618953989990793216?s=20

I checked to see if Karu had posted it but as far as I can tell they've only tweeted about it - but on the German blog there is an additional bit of information after the "Schmeruption" quip.


As you can see in the tweet from @GoodBoyKaru , the German blog states "und Schmeis der Schmeilung". This rhymes with the German version of Circle of Healing, which is "Kreis der Heilung".


Edit: Before I get anyones hopes up, this line has been removed unfortunately, but lets hope it was a slip up rather than a mistake.

Comments

  • Boons in general should just get a shorter AOE

    On certain maps with strong main buildings such as Dead Dwag, COH + Exponential + Shadow Step turns the main building into an even greater headache to deal with. I’ve had survivors pick themselves up with exponential at the pallet near the main entrance of the main building, that’s how huge the AOE is.

    Multiple survivors bringing boons also means there it’s not uncommon to see multiple booned spots in a game. The time investment spent looking for and snuffing out one boon doesn’t mean much if injured survivors can just run to the second boon spot on the map to heal.

  • it got nerfed 2 or 3 times already, it would be way too much to nerf it again and make it useless...

  • I want CoH to become so bad nobody will use it

    To me it's a killer perk

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331235#Comment_3331235

    You are just bad. Not seeing a stealth killer coming is normal. If you can’t loop Wraith you are bad. If your teamate can’t find someone knocked out they are also bad. It’s a skill issue. Old school survivor were perfectly able to loop Wraith and beat him before CoH was a thing.

    Eruption will get nerf.

    You are so bad at this game you don’t realize CoH is forcing tunneling because it removes any other kind of pressure the killer can have. And it is making the game more boring for everyone. People sit on gens and retreat into the boon to heal themself. No interaction with the killer and no interaction with survivors between themselves. What a fun game. Repair simulator and self heal simulator.

    Literally every minor inconvenience a killer faces is considered to 'force tunnelling'. People would feel 'forced to tunnel' if someone's actually getting skill-checks during Autodidact, or if a survivor loops them twice or blinds them at a pallet.

    If CoH 'forces tunnelling', so does Botany.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331682#Comment_3331682

    Literally every minor inconvenience a killer faces is considered to 'force tunnelling'. People would feel 'forced to tunnel' if someone's actually getting skill-checks during Autodidact, or if a survivor loops them twice or blinds them at a pallet.

    If CoH 'forces tunnelling', so does Botany.

    You are trolling.

  • No, I'm not. Tunnelling is a killer's beatstick to try and force changes in the game.

    'Change this, or I'll tunnel!'

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331908#Comment_3331908

    No, I'm not. Tunnelling is a killer's beatstick to try and force changes in the game.

    'Change this, or I'll tunnel!'

    I play mostly survivor, and soloQ. Also, I play boons a lot, tbh I really like them. My favorite build is CoH, Shadowstep, Exponential and Dark Theory.

    Tonight I played 6 survivors games until now, I won 4, DC 1 (very laggy huntress) and lost 1. The 4 I won were mostly thanks to CoH. Yet, I barely saw my teamates. They were healing in my boon at the other side of the map. I didn't need any coordination. I want CoH reworked to be more fun for survivors.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331911#Comment_3331911

    I play mostly survivor, and soloQ. Also, I play boons a lot, tbh I really like them. My favorite build is CoH, Shadowstep, Exponential and Dark Theory.

    Tonight I played 6 survivors games until now, I won 4, DC 1 (very laggy huntress) and lost 1. The 4 I won were mostly thanks to CoH. Yet, I barely saw my teamates. They were healing in my boon at the other side of the map. I didn't need any coordination. I want CoH reworked to be more fun for survivors.

    I play both survivor and killer, and CoH has really had hardly any impact on my games. I'm pretty sure one killer game I won partially because of CoH.

    The 4 I won were mostly thanks to CoH. Yet, I barely saw my teamates. They were healing in my boon at the other side of the map.

    Were you in a swiffer? If not, how did you know they were healing at CoH?

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331914#Comment_3331914

    I play both survivor and killer, and CoH has really had hardly any impact on my games. I'm pretty sure one killer game I won partially because of CoH.

    The 4 I won were mostly thanks to CoH. Yet, I barely saw my teamates. They were healing in my boon at the other side of the map.

    Were you in a swiffer? If not, how did you know they were healing at CoH?

    They had no medkit, one is healing, the rest is repairing gens.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331922#Comment_3331922

    They had no medkit, one is healing, the rest is repairing gens.

    How do you know they didn't have a medkit? They could've dug one up from a chest.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I'm all for making COH more balanced but can yall do it in a way that doesn't make it useless

    You mean like POP, RUIN, Essentially NOED, Corrupt, ETC?

  • Wir werden ja bald sehen, was die Devs sich tolles einfallen lassen.

    We will see what nice changes the devs have in their mind.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    Wir werden ja bald sehen, was die Devs sich tolles einfallen lassen.

    We will see what nice changes the devs have in their mind.

    while staying in the coh aura the survivor gets a 4% hindered penalty unless it is a dark theory one.

  • @Nirgendwohin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331947#Comment_3331947

    while staying in the coh aura the survivor gets a 4% hindered penalty unless it is a dark theory one.

    nah. A totem can only be blessed once. The Healing-Radius is decreased. The totem breaks automatically when the killer snuffs it.

    Etc.

    There are many ways to actually bring it in line. The follow-up will be more green and purple Medkits, which means more Franklins.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331951#Comment_3331951

    nah. A totem can only be blessed once. The Healing-Radius is decreased. The totem breaks automatically when the killer snuffs it.

    Etc.

    There are many ways to actually bring it in line. The follow-up will be more green and purple Medkits, which means more Franklins.

    that would be all things that make sense. but it will surely be something where everyone shakes their heads.

  • @Nirgendwohin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331957#Comment_3331957

    that would be all things that make sense. but it will surely be something where everyone shakes their heads.

    just Numbers XD XD.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330159#Comment_3330159

    How about : just let the killer break bones by interacting with the boon. Then any boon can only be used at most 5 times before there are no bones left.

    And then change Noed so that it can trigger from broken bones - not that anyone is still using it.

    Dude! I am all for making Hexes more viable and offered some pretty good ideas of how to do so in the past ... but you can't have the cake AND eat it. You gotta chose, doing bones has been the solution to NOED since Hexes were introduced into the game with the Hag and it has been thrown so much at survivors that it became a meme in itself. We can't change this. Impossiburu.

  • And Dead Hard?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330149#Comment_3330149

    Probably not. I still see people using Self Care to heal for over 40 seconds (or even more against Sloppy Butcher). So there will always be Survivors who will bring CoH and do nothing but blessing the Totem.

    @Topic:

    I dont think that Circle of Healing is that good to be honest. Because often enough I see Survivors reblessing their Totem just to change location, probably because blessing gives quite a lot of BPs. But most of the time I feel that the time spent on a Boon is better spent on a Gen. And there have been more than one occasion where I was on Death Hook, got chased with 1 Gen to go and instead of doing a Gen, one of my healthy teammates set up a Boon...

    Furthermore, depending on how much they nerf CoH (again), they might as well call Boons a failed concept. We have 4 Boons so far, only one of them has actually been good (even tho, Shadowstep is not that bad, but Exponential and Dark Theory are shockingly bad). If they nerf that one Boon too much, we have a whole bunch of Perks which are not worth taking at all and then they could have just saved the time working on them. (I know that someone will compare them with Hexes, but at least Ruin got to be around for multiple years and being good, while CoH is nerfed quite a lot for its relatively short existence)

    But maybe the only nerf happening to it is that it does not work on multiple floors, which would be a fair nerf.

    I think that they need to step away from "one boon concept fits all" and expand on the idea. The boon with a circle of effect works wounderfully for CoH and Shadowstep, but falls totally flat for the other two.

    I played Dark Theory for quite a while, because I saw potential. 2% sounds laughable, but imagine that every time you juuuust barely got it while vaulting away, you might have let the killer whiffed with this 2% speed bost. But because its tied to one location, its bascially useless.

    How about this: when you set up a Boon: Dark Theory the boon lights up in green, indicating that its a different kind of boon. Every survivor who interacts with the boon for x seconds will get its bonus wherever they go, map wide, so its sort of a blessing station for the survivors. Maybe Dark Theories boon could only sustain 2 buffed survivor and if a third one uses it the effect will fizzle out for the first blessed survivor. Or its effect is up for a limited time, like 2min, incentivising survivors to factor in a trip to the totem between gens.

    Exponential should probably only work for a single survivor, but its a big bonus to just recover from being slugged.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330216#Comment_3330216

    I think that they need to step away from "one boon concept fits all" and expand on the idea. The boon with a circle of effect works wounderfully for CoH and Shadowstep, but falls totally flat for the other two.

    I played Dark Theory for quite a while, because I saw potential. 2% sounds laughable, but imagine that every time you juuuust barely got it while vaulting away, you might have let the killer whiffed with this 2% speed bost. But because its tied to one location, its bascially useless.

    How about this: when you set up a Boon: Dark Theory the boon lights up in green, indicating that its a different kind of boon. Every survivor who interacts with the boon for x seconds will get its bonus wherever they go, map wide, so its sort of a blessing station for the survivors. Maybe Dark Theories boon could only sustain 2 buffed survivor and if a third one uses it the effect will fizzle out for the first blessed survivor. Or its effect is up for a limited time, like 2min, incentivising survivors to factor in a trip to the totem between gens.

    Exponential should probably only work for a single survivor, but its a big bonus to just recover from being slugged.

    sounds good!

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330163#Comment_3330163

    Dude! I am all for making Hexes more viable and offered some pretty good ideas of how to do so in the past ... but you can't have the cake AND eat it. You gotta chose, doing bones has been the solution to NOED since Hexes were introduced into the game with the Hag and it has been thrown so much at survivors that it became a meme in itself. We can't change this. Impossiburu.

    -"doing bones has been the solution to NOED since Hexes were introduced into the game"

    And when the game launched NOED was not a hex and could not be removed. Nobody is using NOED in regular games except very new players. It's been nerfed to a point where it is guaranteed to be removed because it literally tells the survivor team where it is located.

  • I always bring a medkit so I don't really care. Too many useless players who just boon over and over again. Hopefully nerfing it discourages these people from using it. Self healing will remain incredibly strong as long as medkits are in the game.

  • Circle is the only Boon that regularly sees any use at all, the others at most only ever do alongside Circle, in a manner of "if I'm gonna bless a totem anyway, might as well bring one of these too". If they nerf it more, it'll just put Boons into obscurity entirely. Although I do think that it shouldn't increase the speed of med-kit (self-)heals.

    I think the only real problematic perks left on the survivor side are Dead Hard and Sprint Burst. I like using them because they are fun to use and impactful, but I do think it would be better for the game if BHVR basically just removed them, allowing other Exhaustion perks to see play.

  • You forgot self care and pharmacy and calm Spirit.

    Yes like those perks

  • @Dogma_loki said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330880#Comment_3330880

    Killer mains will never stop crying until survivors have to start the match on the hook.

    Just ignore the killer hive mind on the forums, its mind numbing and you may actually lose IQ points trying to keep up with their mental gymnastics.

    By that same token, survivor mains will never start crying until all 5 generators are finished from the start.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331923#Comment_3331923

    How do you know they didn't have a medkit? They could've dug one up from a chest.

    I mean, if he won, he'd see, right...?

  • All boons need is one simple nerf. When you snuff a totem boons go on a 60 second cooldown and can’t be placed.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3330156#Comment_3330156

    It might be their goal, though. Their concept of meta shake up is just that.

    Anyway, I think they'll go with another healing speed nerf, or a re-blessing time penalty of sort.

    If that's their goal, they'll hit Dead Hard first. I see 1-2 Circle of Healings every other game, but I'm constantly seeing 3-4 Dead Hards. That one perk is costing entire games.

    CoH is still S-tier, but it's not as OP at this point.

  • god i wish this was about dead hard instead i am so willing to handle coh but dead hard is the one i really hope would be looked at again.

    as for boons i don't think shattered hope should be basekit that just destroys boons and 3/4 of them are not even that good maybe a global 60 seconds cooldown on totem blessing or a shorter range for coh so they have to be really close to it i like that the perk discourages hit and run and gives Survivors a way to fight back its healing effect shouldn't be nerfed any more imo.

1 2 ›