Since when was playing the games you queued up for a controversial ask?

Title.

My memory might not be what it used to be, granted, but I don't remember the last time just asking you to stay in the match you queued up in a multiplayer game for was an unpopular thing to do. Not when the game was hilariously more broken, or more unfun, or when the REALLY stupid stuff wasn't fixed and everyone was pulling out 1 gen hatch escapes and old Ruindying or old Spirit or old Moris or anything like that.

I don't remember people having such a consensus it was their god-given right to suicide on hook the absolute moment something went slightly wrong for them. Or that asking them to not have the ability to circumvent the DC penalty that we ostensibly have for an actual reason is a breach of moral conduct.

I risk sounding a little bit heartless when I say this, but I really don't care if you stop having fun in the middle of the match. I honestly don't.

You queued up for a game of Dead by Daylight. You, apparently, know what you're playing. You know what to expect. You know what could go wrong. You may, even, have made peace with the fact that something you might not like could happen. Like, say, losing.

In this game with no backfills and DC penalties that we ostensibly have for an actual reason, I have the controversial opinion that, as an adult (hopefully), you should have the self-responsibility to know what you actually want to do and what you're okay with happening when you do things with other people.

If you don't, and you demand people open the door for you on the way out the millisecond something you don't like happens, you demonstrate that you have the self-governing skills of an actual child who can't be responsible for their own actions and doesn't care about how much of their own and everyone else's time they waste as long as they don't have to actually commit to something.

It's the 'ol shopping cart test. We apparently can't make you do anything at any sort of inconvenience to yourself unless we literally force you to.

Is this a long and silly and overly-serious rant about a video game that doesn't matter? Absolutely. But the mindset behind this silly and unimportant action is what crinkles my crundle. That you apparently can't and won't be responsible for yourself.

Anyway funny silly rant over.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • A couple other points you killers need to consider:

    1. You accept the fact that survivors make the decision sometimes to quit when no gens are done but there are like 5+ hooks against them. They are identifying what they consider to be a lost game and acting on it. Some people are making that decision earlier than others. Usually because of an OP situation that they reasonably expect is a loss.
    2. I have had literally hundreds of post game interactions with killers and even a discussion on this forum about why killers give the hatch or door so rarely in certain situations that would seem to suggest a little sportsmanship (teammates quit, teammates being toxic or useless, etc). The overwhelming response was that they didn’t want to waste the time. They wanted to just move on to the next game. So… IOW, they have decided it’s ok to take advantage of an unfair situation and hook screwed over, helpless survivors (often that walk up to them and just basically turn themselves over to their mercy) because it’s more convenient for them to not waste the time being sportsmanlike. This happens ALL DAY LONG. So maybe think about how that compares to survivors that don’t want to deal with an unfair situation and so do what’s best for them.


  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321392#Comment_3321392

    The guy I saw the other month had hundreds of pages of comments on his profile, literally thousands of "X characters killed" and screenshots of people getting upset with him in the EGC.

    I really don't know how he's still around. Maybe he's friends with Gaben or something idk seems ridiculous

    Well, if I ever run into them, I will camp their profile for months to ensure its properly reported and actioned on.

    Because I'm spiteful against bigots and have 0 life. 😁

  • @LuthirFontaine said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321363#Comment_3321363

    Alright killers then stop complaining up a storm a out dead hard or whatever survivor perk you guys hate

    Complaining about perks and rage quitting matches are two different things.

    I really don't see killers quitting the game over Dead Hard despite many killers still complaining about it.

  • It's kind of pathetic how quick people will jump to out themselves with such lousy excuses.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321285#Comment_3321285

    Most of my irritation is directed towards the people on the forums who go around and defend doing this.

    I've made peace with my matches. I know how bad it's gonna be. I usually forget the quitters 10-15 minutes after a match ends, I don't have that much attention span. I point and laugh at them and move on.

    But the people who go out and actually defend it, who go out and argue with people about it? That's the people who're gonna see this. That's who this is for. The "i'm a quitter and proud!" people who i'd like to make the self-justification just slightly harder for.

    Gonna change anyone's mind? Sure ain't. But no one goes to forums to change their minds anyhow.

    I suppose is as good a thing to do. At the very least, this provides some entertainment in the form of a discussion.

    :)

  • @Stabby_Widdershins said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321396#Comment_3321396

    Well, if I ever run into them, I will camp their profile for months to ensure its properly reported and actioned on.

    Because I'm spiteful against bigots and have 0 life. 😁

    And you would be doing the world a service.

    If I run into them again, I shall do the same.

  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361470/since-when-was-playing-the-games-you-queued-up-for-a-controversial-ask

    Awwwww. Gwandpaw is angwy.

    Think about this Gwamps: YOU KNOW what makes players quit. I’ll spell it out anyway: OP builds, cheap killer play, bad teammates. This is probably 80% of the reason for quits. I’ll say the other 20% is being petulant because they got found early or didn’t like the map or didnt want to face their 5th Wesker in a row… So about that 80%, and getting back to the fact that YOU KNOW this is why players quit… if killers want to minimize quits:

    • Stop loading into games with OPAF builds (Nurse, Blight, your “magic build” on other killers where you run your map and the best perks and addons that make you damn near invincible)
    • Stop running lethal pursuer with an extreme mobility killer that downs someone in seconds and then steamrolls with BBQ or whatever
    • Stop camping and tunnelling and ruining peoples games because you want to be as oppressive as possible vs a team that is likely a bunch of mismatched solos already at a disadvantage.

    Solo survivors are sick of being reamed sideways because killer players are getting spoon fed wins. How easy is it to find survivors now? Every killer has access to like 100 aura perks and addons. How many killers have extreme mobility? How many have “magic builds” where they’re pretty much guaranteed a win? Killers have 100 ways to 1 hit now and slow down gens and find survivors, often simultaneously with one perk doing multiple things. Meanwhile any concept of survivor stealth is GONE. It’s all just about running and trying to get gens done fast which is damn near impossible with OP extreme mobility killers running aura perks and gen slow downs vs a ragtag team of mismatched survivors.

    Solo survivors play as one post above described: they join hoping for a fun game. But when faced with OP BS and/or horrible teammates they often leave and move on to try and find a fairer match. So take some responsibility and play fair. BHVR isn’t going to do anything to help the situation so try looking at how YOU contribute and change THAT and see what happens.

    So some people signed up and knew what could happen in the game but they are justified to EWO because of it? They paid for a game that has a TOS and is expected to play it out unless for legitimate reasons like getting ddos'd or emergency matters. If that wasn't the case there wouldn't be a penalty for dc'ing in the first place but because they can bypass that because something they don't like/didn't go their way happened means they should have a receipt to go shop for another match... Yeah no.

  • My earlier post got removed, or something, which is odd as it was just an info dump of If:then stuff.

    But, maybe it helps to rephrase it:

    As a survivor playing solo.

    This isn't about killers(personally) doing things to survivors, that never has me DC or suicide on the hook.

    Its about survivors not doing anything related to the intended gameplay goals. As I can't talk to them and prompt them to touch a gen or stop organizing the stuff in the lockers during the match, I see the match as pointless, so I'll suicide and move on. It doesn't help that I almost never see end game chat focus on survivors coaching other survivors. Only attacks on the killer's perks/skills/sexual orientation.

    I understand that this will often upset some other survivor that was trying to make an actual attempt at the match, and that is why I usually run bond, so that, when I see them doing so, I stay in the match. I don't really see the problem with this. I think its on Behavior to tutorial people a little better and mold their play into group play, not the individual(me) to put up with trolls, or the totally ignorant when all I want to do is advance the match.

  • I seriously can't stand these topics anymore

    Seems like everyday there's a new one saying the exact same thing, except this one is BIGGER.

    guys, it's not that serious...

  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361470/since-when-was-playing-the-games-you-queued-up-for-a-controversial-ask

    Awwwww. Gwandpaw is angwy.

    Think about this Gwamps: YOU KNOW what makes players quit. I’ll spell it out anyway: OP builds, cheap killer play, bad teammates. This is probably 80% of the reason for quits. I’ll say the other 20% is being petulant because they got found early or didn’t like the map or didnt want to face their 5th Wesker in a row… So about that 80%, and getting back to the fact that YOU KNOW this is why players quit… if killers want to minimize quits:

    • Stop loading into games with OPAF builds (Nurse, Blight, your “magic build” on other killers where you run your map and the best perks and addons that make you damn near invincible)
    • Stop running lethal pursuer with an extreme mobility killer that downs someone in seconds and then steamrolls with BBQ or whatever
    • Stop camping and tunnelling and ruining peoples games because you want to be as oppressive as possible vs a team that is likely a bunch of mismatched solos already at a disadvantage.

    Solo survivors are sick of being reamed sideways because killer players are getting spoon fed wins. How easy is it to find survivors now? Every killer has access to like 100 aura perks and addons. How many killers have extreme mobility? How many have “magic builds” where they’re pretty much guaranteed a win? Killers have 100 ways to 1 hit now and slow down gens and find survivors, often simultaneously with one perk doing multiple things. Meanwhile any concept of survivor stealth is GONE. It’s all just about running and trying to get gens done fast which is damn near impossible with OP extreme mobility killers running aura perks and gen slow downs vs a ragtag team of mismatched survivors.

    Solo survivors play as one post above described: they join hoping for a fun game. But when faced with OP BS and/or horrible teammates they often leave and move on to try and find a fairer match. So take some responsibility and play fair. BHVR isn’t going to do anything to help the situation so try looking at how YOU contribute and change THAT and see what happens.

    Guys audiophile commented, Defnitely read it!! It will really be unbiased and worth your time!!!!

  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361470/since-when-was-playing-the-games-you-queued-up-for-a-controversial-ask

    Awwwww. Gwandpaw is angwy.

    Think about this Gwamps: YOU KNOW what makes players quit. I’ll spell it out anyway: OP builds, cheap killer play, bad teammates. This is probably 80% of the reason for quits. I’ll say the other 20% is being petulant because they got found early or didn’t like the map or didnt want to face their 5th Wesker in a row… So about that 80%, and getting back to the fact that YOU KNOW this is why players quit… if killers want to minimize quits:

    • Stop loading into games with OPAF builds (Nurse, Blight, your “magic build” on other killers where you run your map and the best perks and addons that make you damn near invincible)
    • Stop running lethal pursuer with an extreme mobility killer that downs someone in seconds and then steamrolls with BBQ or whatever
    • Stop camping and tunnelling and ruining peoples games because you want to be as oppressive as possible vs a team that is likely a bunch of mismatched solos already at a disadvantage.

    Solo survivors are sick of being reamed sideways because killer players are getting spoon fed wins. How easy is it to find survivors now? Every killer has access to like 100 aura perks and addons. How many killers have extreme mobility? How many have “magic builds” where they’re pretty much guaranteed a win? Killers have 100 ways to 1 hit now and slow down gens and find survivors, often simultaneously with one perk doing multiple things. Meanwhile any concept of survivor stealth is GONE. It’s all just about running and trying to get gens done fast which is damn near impossible with OP extreme mobility killers running aura perks and gen slow downs vs a ragtag team of mismatched survivors.

    Solo survivors play as one post above described: they join hoping for a fun game. But when faced with OP BS and/or horrible teammates they often leave and move on to try and find a fairer match. So take some responsibility and play fair. BHVR isn’t going to do anything to help the situation so try looking at how YOU contribute and change THAT and see what happens.

    me running lethal pursuer on wraith: *sobbing*

  • It's the participation trophies..... 🤣

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    I seriously can't stand these topics anymore

    Seems like everyday there's a new one saying the exact same thing, except this one is BIGGER.

    guys, it's not that serious...

    Yeah it is. I get on dbd to play 2 games at night and the game is ruined because a survivor felt they didn't want to play it out. No other game allows for this terrible behavior. I am a killer main, winning doesn't matter to me it's having fun chases where the game has any chance of going either way. When someone DC's I feel like I am doing work while the person at fault is in queue to ruin the next game.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321429#Comment_3321429

    Yeah it is. I get on dbd to play 2 games at night and the game is ruined because a survivor felt they didn't want to play it out. No other game allows for this terrible behavior. I am a killer main, winning doesn't matter to me it's having fun chases where the game has any chance of going either way. When someone DC's I feel like I am doing work while the person at fault is in queue to ruin the next game.

    Plenty of games actually do though, but Id love to hear your examples.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321489#Comment_3321489

    Plenty of games actually do though, but Id love to hear your examples.

    Any multiplayer pvp game has to have penalty for leaving the match in any way(afk,dc, in dbds case suicide on hook). If they don't people actively ruin the game. So a few examples: LoL, OW, Apex. What do these games have in common? Someone leaving/giving up will almost 100% make that team lose and those players will get punished heavily and quickly for repeated actions of any of these things.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Imagine if this happened in person with a boardgame.

    You gather everybody up, set up the boardgame and a couple of minutes later one of your friends who isn't winning at that moment just says "yeah this isn't fun, i'm leaving"

    I think you would be lucky if you could still call those people friends if you pulled that off against them. Especially if you have the gal to invite yourself again for the next boardgame

    But because this is a video game, that single simple courtesy doesn't exist anymore apperently

    You play boardgames with friends, you play online games with randoms and some of the scummiest people on earth.

  • @th3syst3m said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321403#Comment_3321403

    You play boardgames with friends, you play online games with randoms and some of the scummiest people on earth.

    Aah yes ofcourse, good manners is obviously only something you have for people you know. Doesn't matter if they are randoms right. If it's not a person that you can lose they don't count as people.

    Calling people "the scummiest people on earth" with that mindset is something else

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Imagine if this happened in person with a boardgame.

    You gather everybody up, set up the boardgame and a couple of minutes later one of your friends who isn't winning at that moment just says "yeah this isn't fun, i'm leaving"

    I think you would be lucky if you could still call those people friends if you pulled that off against them. Especially if you have the gal to invite yourself again for the next boardgame

    But because this is a video game, that single simple courtesy doesn't exist anymore apperently

    Welcome to online anonymity where responsibility has left the building ages ago.

    I haven't played back then but i heard stories from friends how people behaved in the early days of MMORPGs on small servers where you still had a reputation to uphold.

    Good old days where nobody could be at their worst without any meaningful consequences.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Title.

    My memory might not be what it used to be, granted, but I don't remember the last time just asking you to stay in the match you queued up in a multiplayer game for was an unpopular thing to do. Not when the game was hilariously more broken, or more unfun, or when the REALLY stupid stuff wasn't fixed and everyone was pulling out 1 gen hatch escapes and old Ruindying or old Spirit or old Moris or anything like that.

    I don't remember people having such a consensus it was their god-given right to suicide on hook the absolute moment something went slightly wrong for them. Or that asking them to not have the ability to circumvent the DC penalty that we ostensibly have for an actual reason is a breach of moral conduct.

    I risk sounding a little bit heartless when I say this, but I really don't care if you stop having fun in the middle of the match. I honestly don't.

    You queued up for a game of Dead by Daylight. You, apparently, know what you're playing. You know what to expect. You know what could go wrong. You may, even, have made peace with the fact that something you might not like could happen. Like, say, losing.

    In this game with no backfills and DC penalties that we ostensibly have for an actual reason, I have the controversial opinion that, as an adult (hopefully), you should have the self-responsibility to know what you actually want to do and what you're okay with happening when you do things with other people.

    If you don't, and you demand people open the door for you on the way out the millisecond something you don't like happens, you demonstrate that you have the self-governing skills of an actual child who can't be responsible for their own actions and doesn't care about how much of their own and everyone else's time they waste as long as they don't have to actually commit to something.

    It's the 'ol shopping cart test. We apparently can't make you do anything at any sort of inconvenience to yourself unless we literally force you to.

    Is this a long and silly and overly-serious rant about a video game that doesn't matter? Absolutely. But the mindset behind this silly and unimportant action is what crinkles my crundle. That you apparently can't and won't be responsible for yourself.

    Anyway funny silly rant over.

    This is what grinds my gears the most in nowadays gaming culture. Online anonymity and partly cultural upbringing have made people way to soft.

    They don't have the mental fortitude to tough through rough matches and not the spine/gut/whatever to stop.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/361470/since-when-was-playing-the-games-you-queued-up-for-a-controversial-ask

    This is what grinds my gears the most in nowadays gaming culture. Online anonymity and partly cultural upbringing have made people way to soft.

    They don't have the mental fortitude to tough through rough matches and not the spine/gut/whatever to stop.

    I don't even want people to tough through things, I just want them to realize they aren't actually ready for when a match goes wrong and just.

    Not take up slots people who'll actually stay could take.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321514#Comment_3321514

    Aah yes ofcourse, good manners is obviously only something you have for people you know. Doesn't matter if they are randoms right. If it's not a person that you can lose they don't count as people.

    Calling people "the scummiest people on earth" with that mindset is something else

    Yes that's exactly what I meant, everyone that is not my friend is not a real person lol. I just feel when you play with your friends you want everyone to have fun. When you play an online game solo you're usually playing so you have fun and really don't prioritize random peoples fun over yours. I just thought it was a bad example.

    My other point was that there are a lot of toxic people in online games not that all people online are awful.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321474#Comment_3321474

    Maybe games that are based on fixed team sizes and Teamplay aren't for the people that suicide or ragequit, and they should just STOP QUEUEING UP like grandpa said in his op.

    I cant think of any such game that doesn't have some kind of mechanic of team refill during a match or alternative a penalty for leaver in place.

    For all we know we will get that mechanic in the foreseeable future. But still, it's grandpa who's ought to stop q-ing up if they get so bend over people being people.

    We all had these moments were things were just all wrong and we just noped out, cross yer heart.

    This isn't to say their aren't dickweasels that dc etc to be scummy, but overall, staying in a match that just overshoots a tipping point is not a great idea, and if that happens on a regular basis as it does with dbd, that points rather to shortcomings in the game design, not a failure on the players' ends

  • @th3syst3m said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321536#Comment_3321536

    Yes that's exactly what I meant, everyone that is not my friend is not a real person lol. I just feel when you play with your friends you want everyone to have fun. When you play an online game solo you're usually playing so you have fun and really don't prioritize random peoples fun over yours. I just thought it was a bad example.

    My other point was that there are a lot of toxic people in online games not that all people online are awful.

    Being toxic by screwing everybody out of the game they wanted to play isn't the answer against toxic people. Especially seeing how more often then not you affect more non toxic people then toxic ones.

    Not to mention that boardgames also isn't always with friends. We have conventions where you play boardgames with randoms and you can bet that quiting midgame means you are escorted out of the convention.

    I know cause i have seen it.

    If you play a multiplayer game then you need to prioritize everybodies fun equally. If that means that you sometimes get destroyed in game no matter how unfair you believe it is then that's that. Ride it out. And if it happens really often be honest with yourself and realise the game isn't for you.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321560#Comment_3321560

    For all we know we will get that mechanic in the foreseeable future. But still, it's grandpa who's ought to stop q-ing up if they get so bend over people being people.

    We all had these moments were things were just all wrong and we just noped out, cross yer heart.

    This isn't to say their aren't dickweasels that dc etc to be scummy, but overall, staying in a match that just overshoots a tipping point is not a great idea, and if that happens on a regular basis as it does with dbd, that points rather to shortcomings in the game design, not a failure on the players' ends

    Yeah no sorry.

    "People being people" my butt. As soon as responsibility and accountability fly out the window people becoming selfish aholes is something to accept or what?

    "We all had this moments..." Is also generalized BS, i dced intentionally as killer exactly ONE time and that was a hostage situation with a uncatchable fat shaming spot that got abused by the whole team in year 2 or 3. Never again since then and in no other game.

    And if it happens "all the time" despite me as a killer playing fair, without meta perks, with brown add-ons, on b or lower tier killers upon first down/hook/whatever, then it is surely not a problem with the game but the mentality of the other player like grandpa said.

    I have INTERNATIONALLY played fair and detrimental to my own win chances, like i told multiple times on these forums already, for the whole of my last 2 or 3 years that i played this game and still had a whole bunch of DCs.

    This isn't about unfair gameplay or subjectively op things in game and purely about the week mentality of ragequitters and their unwillingness to just leave a game instead of ruining more and more matches for their own selfish subjective fun.

    Hell, i can go 1/10 kill/death ratio in a game like R6S or lol, get stomped by the enemy and will still play that ######### out since i accepted it maybe happening when i queued up in the first place. And if i feel bummed out by the last game I will either switch games or go into the next also expecting myself to play it out.

  • It’s just hard to play through a match when I’m obviously outmatched by the survivors.

    I know it’s a video game and I shouldn’t take it to heart but it’s very demeaning when you constantly t-bagged, pointed at and repeatedly get locker stunned and just feel helpless because I like weaker killers and use brown/yellow add-ons. And then, when I try to salvage something out of the match by tunneling and camping, I’m some horrible human being that shouldn’t be alive.

    Sometimes it’s just so frustrating and disheartening that after the hundredth t-bag I just go do something else for the rest of the night. All I ask for is respect and if they can’t do that, I don’t want to play with anyone anymore.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Imagine if this happened in person with a boardgame.

    You gather everybody up, set up the boardgame and a couple of minutes later one of your friends who isn't winning at that moment just says "yeah this isn't fun, i'm leaving"

    I think you would be lucky if you could still call those people friends if you pulled that off against them. Especially if you have the gal to invite yourself again for the next boardgame

    But because this is a video game, that single simple courtesy doesn't exist anymore apperently

    I don't agree with dcers but that's a great example. While playing board games with friends if I see someone having a bad game and not enjoying the night everyone kinda lowers the throttle . My victory in a boardgame doesn't mean anything compared to people enjoyment. People here don't care if you had two dcers they will sweat like it's the game of their lives.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321560#Comment_3321560

    For all we know we will get that mechanic in the foreseeable future. But still, it's grandpa who's ought to stop q-ing up if they get so bend over people being people.

    We all had these moments were things were just all wrong and we just noped out, cross yer heart.

    This isn't to say their aren't dickweasels that dc etc to be scummy, but overall, staying in a match that just overshoots a tipping point is not a great idea, and if that happens on a regular basis as it does with dbd, that points rather to shortcomings in the game design, not a failure on the players' ends

    Queueing up for a match you may just not be able to handle is a failure on the player's end.

  • I mean really, it does surprise me how much these threads get traction. I guess they're for rage baiting. It's not like you guys do anything to stop people giving up by using the tactic of blaming the user and making them look like an #########. If you refuse to meet someone halfway and get mad at them when they don't bend over to your side at will, you're never going to change anyone's mind. So why, on Earth, do you people still make these threads? Is it attention? Boredom? Or do you SERIOUSLY think it'll work?

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Title.

    My memory might not be what it used to be, granted, but I don't remember the last time just asking you to stay in the match you queued up in a multiplayer game for was an unpopular thing to do. Not when the game was hilariously more broken, or more unfun, or when the REALLY stupid stuff wasn't fixed and everyone was pulling out 1 gen hatch escapes and old Ruindying or old Spirit or old Moris or anything like that.

    I don't remember people having such a consensus it was their god-given right to suicide on hook the absolute moment something went slightly wrong for them. Or that asking them to not have the ability to circumvent the DC penalty that we ostensibly have for an actual reason is a breach of moral conduct.

    I risk sounding a little bit heartless when I say this, but I really don't care if you stop having fun in the middle of the match. I honestly don't.

    You queued up for a game of Dead by Daylight. You, apparently, know what you're playing. You know what to expect. You know what could go wrong. You may, even, have made peace with the fact that something you might not like could happen. Like, say, losing.

    In this game with no backfills and DC penalties that we ostensibly have for an actual reason, I have the controversial opinion that, as an adult (hopefully), you should have the self-responsibility to know what you actually want to do and what you're okay with happening when you do things with other people.

    If you don't, and you demand people open the door for you on the way out the millisecond something you don't like happens, you demonstrate that you have the self-governing skills of an actual child who can't be responsible for their own actions and doesn't care about how much of their own and everyone else's time they waste as long as they don't have to actually commit to something.

    It's the 'ol shopping cart test. We apparently can't make you do anything at any sort of inconvenience to yourself unless we literally force you to.

    Is this a long and silly and overly-serious rant about a video game that doesn't matter? Absolutely. But the mindset behind this silly and unimportant action is what crinkles my crundle. That you apparently can't and won't be responsible for yourself.

    Anyway funny silly rant over.

    That's a problem with gaming in general lol. Ever played overwatch? It's rare to get a match without a ragequit.

    Definitely worse in dbd though. The frequency is much lower but since matches don't get backfilled all it takes is one survivor to DC and the entire game is a foregone conclusion.

    Wish they'd back fill with bots, better for everyone involved. Killer gets more points and survivors don't lose a teammate. Besides the bots play much better than a lot of players 😏

  • @H2H said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3321352#Comment_3321352

    This is the #1 reason I see survivors DC as well, by a huge margin.

    Could it have anything to do with the fact that almost every killer immediately hard tunnels the first person they down? If you aren't an experienced looper with a bunch of second chance perks then you're guaranteed to die. I can absolutely see why this would frustrate newer players or players who aren't very good. Especially considering how awful the matchmaking is this game. What is the 300 hour Dwight supposed to do against the 5000 hour alch ring blight who is determined to tunnel him at five gens?

  • As a reminder, please keep all posts respectful and on topic. All comments must remain within the forum rules. Thank you!

1 2 ›