Stop complaining about Eruption

One killer perk that blends into builds and all the survivors cry while they hold like 8 different strong perks in their back pocket. There's nothing overpowered about Eruption, it even has a cooldown, get better.

Comments

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289755#Comment_3289755

    "doesn't that end up making it quite weak against swf"

    I did.

    So tell me, how are these weak to swiffer specifically?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289756#Comment_3289756

    It's a tough one.

    I personally would just like either comms built into the game for solos or information queues like they were planning and then simultaneously buff killers to swf level.

    That would make it much easier to balance these perks.

    Not everyone wants to speak to random players, especially in a game as toxic as this. By building comms into the game by default, you then put the onus on the non-talking players to take up the offer of voice comms. This means players who don't opt-in to voice comms are making the decision to handicap their team, and will be treated as such by lobby dodging or harassment from the 'talkers'.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289756#Comment_3289756

    It's a tough one.

    I personally would just like either comms built into the game for solos or information queues like they were planning and then simultaneously buff killers to swf level.

    That would make it much easier to balance these perks.

    They aren't likely to add in comms, for varying reasons some good some weak af, but the biggie being it would be a nightmare to police and moderate. No way they want to have to do that as well.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289773#Comment_3289773

    They aren't likely to add in comms, for varying reasons some good some weak af, but the biggie being it would be a nightmare to police and moderate. No way they want to have to do that as well.

    Well that's the thing I don't think they should be moderating it. It's an online game, people need to toughen up. They already moderate way too heavily on the forums in post game chat. If people are going to interact with random people online they need to expect a level of trash talk, that's just baseline with all online games. None of these solutions are great, just the best I think we have the option of unfortunately.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289773#Comment_3289773

    Not everyone wants to speak to random players, especially in a game as toxic as this. By building comms into the game by default, you then put the onus on the non-talking players to take up the offer of voice comms. This means players who don't opt-in to voice comms are making the decision to handicap their team, and will be treated as such by lobby dodging or harassment from the 'talkers'.

    What's the other option?

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289776#Comment_3289776

    So tell me, how are these weak to swiffer specifically?

    I was saying end up weak. Meaning having them balanced at a level for solo which in turn makes them weaker vs swf. In other words, the balancing of them make them weaker vs swf, not in a literal sense of how they work.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289783#Comment_3289783

    I was saying end up weak. Meaning having them balanced at a level for solo which in turn makes them weaker vs swf. In other words, the balancing of them make them weaker vs swf, not in a literal sense of how they work.

    But only the way they work can make them weaker to swiffer than solos.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289824#Comment_3289824

    But only the way they work can make them weaker to swiffer than solos.

    Well yeah that's the end goal and what were trying to figure out a solution here to accomplish. A difficult one.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    One killer perk that blends into builds and all the survivors cry while they hold like 8 different strong perks in their back pocket. There's nothing overpowered about Eruption, it even has a cooldown, get better.

    OK - you’re entitled to your opinion on this. Do you play solo q survivor? If not, then maybe put yourself in those shoes for a while and then reassess your opinion.

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    Please enlighten me on how to counter eruption then. I am very curious to know the counter plays.

    That one time I add friend my 3 random teammates, wait for them to accept so I can type them "Stop doing Gen now" to each of them. All of those were done mid chase and about to get a hit down

    Its counterable.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TSKHRBKWAVD6/471.jpg

    Every time I've seen it, it turns into a boring slog of a game where the killer desperately defends three generators like there is a bomb planted in their necks that'll go off if the gates get powered.

    Eruption can take a long walk on a short plank

    Yup. Had a Wraith set up a 3 gen from the get go and use Eruption and all the other goodies. I found a commodius toolbox and hit a gen with another person, who ran when killer came, but I stuck on the gen forcing him to grab me off. He hesitated because he wanted to kick it but couldn't cos he grabbed me, and thankfully decided hooking me was the best option. Due to the toolbox the gen was almost done, and the other survivor finished it while he hooked me. Killer only got 1k because the 4th survivor had bought a hatch offering and he beat them to it.

    All that to say, it was a long boring game

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TSKHRBKWAVD6/471.jpg

    Every time I've seen it, it turns into a boring slog of a game where the killer desperately defends three generators like there is a bomb planted in their necks that'll go off if the gates get powered.

    Eruption can take a long walk on a short plank

    Oh sure but when it comes to the other side of the table, doesn't matter what you brought right? Killer has to deal with it? No matter what perk or frustration it causes? Seems funny

  • @VideoGameMage said:

    As long as people continue to run it with call of brine and overcharge, and the incapacitated effect remains 25 seconds, people will continue to complain about it.

    But the complaints on survivor OP perks rn go ignored I see. Typical lol Not like there's tons of survivor perks right now that make playing killer not fun whatsoever

  • @Seraphor said:

    It's not about it being 'overpowered', it's about it being ineffective against SWF and always effective against solo queue. As a result it is balanced around a less-than-100% success rate, despite he fact that different demographics experience either a 0% success rate or 100% success rate.

    Would you rather punish solo queue 100% of the time and SWF 0% of the time, so on average ~50% of the time for x amount.

    Or would you prefer to punish all survivors 100% of the time for x/2 amount?

    For the killer, there's virtually no difference. But surely you want something you use to actually be effective against your most formidable foes, right?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289332#Comment_3289332

    So if the killer is efficient with their cooldown management and allow the survivors to 'tap' the gen once their Incapacitation has ended. You can inflict 40 seconds of regression on a 30 second cooldown. Which means you're inflicting a net regression of 10s every time it's used that (solo) survivors are unable to counter.

    The best solution would be to increase the base regression, while reducing or even delaying the incapacitation.

    Say 12s instant regression, and 15s incapacitation for 3s normal regression = 30s total regression on a 30s cooldown. At least that's neutral when used at peak efficiency, and still inflicts the 12s regression on SWF.

    That's just a slight numbers tweak to make it a bit fairer. To actually make it completely fair, tweak the numbers just the same, but block the gen instead of inflicting incapacitated.

    Incapacitated really shouldn't be an effect that's tied to a perk. It should be limited to killer powers that were built for it.

    I say all this as a killer main (in theory, though I play a lot of solo survivor as well lately).

    TC is clearly coming from the knee-jerk reactionary position of "they want to nerf my precious killer, they cantses!" without actually considering the balance from both angles.

    You're talking as if Killer has all these different options and builds when that's not the case. You're gonna complain about killers using good strong perks but then its fine when survivors use theirs. Killers don't have much to keep survivors off gens and downing someone to give you time to hook while others are incapacitated and should be HIDING until it's over.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289299#Comment_3289299

    Oh sure but when it comes to the other side of the table, doesn't matter what you brought right? Killer has to deal with it? No matter what perk or frustration it causes? Seems funny

    That's one hell of a straw man you build. It's impressive.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3296718#Comment_3296718

    That's one hell of a straw man you build. It's impressive.

    what's impressive is the hypocrisy on these posts.

  • @Seraphor said:

    It's not about it being 'overpowered', it's about it being ineffective against SWF and always effective against solo queue. As a result it is balanced around a less-than-100% success rate, despite he fact that different demographics experience either a 0% success rate or 100% success rate.

    Would you rather punish solo queue 100% of the time and SWF 0% of the time, so on average ~50% of the time for x amount.

    Or would you prefer to punish all survivors 100% of the time for x/2 amount?

    For the killer, there's virtually no difference. But surely you want something you use to actually be effective against your most formidable foes, right?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289332#Comment_3289332

    So if the killer is efficient with their cooldown management and allow the survivors to 'tap' the gen once their Incapacitation has ended. You can inflict 40 seconds of regression on a 30 second cooldown. Which means you're inflicting a net regression of 10s every time it's used that (solo) survivors are unable to counter.

    The best solution would be to increase the base regression, while reducing or even delaying the incapacitation.

    Say 12s instant regression, and 15s incapacitation for 3s normal regression = 30s total regression on a 30s cooldown. At least that's neutral when used at peak efficiency, and still inflicts the 12s regression on SWF.

    That's just a slight numbers tweak to make it a bit fairer. To actually make it completely fair, tweak the numbers just the same, but block the gen instead of inflicting incapacitated.

    Incapacitated really shouldn't be an effect that's tied to a perk. It should be limited to killer powers that were built for it.

    I say all this as a killer main (in theory, though I play a lot of solo survivor as well lately).

    TC is clearly coming from the knee-jerk reactionary position of "they want to nerf my precious killer, they cantses!" without actually considering the balance from both angles.

    This is why I think they should limit swf to 2 people max.

  • @Kirarozu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289418#Comment_3289418

    This is why I think they should limit swf to 2 people max.

    The logic of a 1 v 4 being strong doesn't make sense with these complaints, comparing to the survivors i've gone up against

  • Imagine if survivors had a perk that worked the same way eruption does.

    After healing any survivor one health state or unhooking a survivor the perk activates.(actively interacting with the other team's objective to regress progress, in ways that are infinitely repeatable).

    With the perk active, after working on a generator for 10 seconds, you can use the active ability button to stun the killer for 6 seconds, wherever they are. (Progressing your team's objective allows you to remotely disable your opponent with essentially no warning, for far longer than any other perk.)

    But hey, it's got a 30 second cooldown.

    Yeah, I'm sure this would be perfectly healthy for the game. (/s)

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289418#Comment_3289418

    You're talking as if Killer has all these different options and builds when that's not the case. You're gonna complain about killers using good strong perks but then its fine when survivors use theirs. Killers don't have much to keep survivors off gens and downing someone to give you time to hook while others are incapacitated and should be HIDING until it's over. Nope just gonna cry like a baby for the hand hold experience

    You talking like I'm an entitled survivor main.

    I'm a killer main who doesn't use Eruption, in fact some of my favourite and effective builds use no slowdown at all.

    Killers do have plenty of options. It's just that most (like survivors) refuse to step out of their comfort zone.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    Imagine if survivors had a perk that worked the same way eruption does.

    After healing any survivor one health state or unhooking a survivor the perk activates.(actively interacting with the other team's objective to regress progress, in ways that are infinitely repeatable).

    With the perk active, after working on a generator for 10 seconds, you can use the active ability button to stun the killer for 6 seconds, wherever they are. (Progressing your team's objective allows you to remotely disable your opponent with essentially no warning, for far longer than any other perk.)

    But hey, it's got a 30 second cooldown.

    Yeah, I'm sure this would be perfectly healthy for the game. (/s)

    lolol eruption definitely unfair but ######### most of the top meta perks are.

    DH: Third health state

    NOED: free downs

    COH: infinite healing

    COB: Infinite three gen if u camping them and not chasing

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289348#Comment_3289348

    But the complaints on survivor OP perks rn go ignored I see. Typical lol Not like there's tons of survivor perks right now that make playing killer not fun whatsoever

    Care to clarify what perks you're referring to?

  • @RavenBirb said:

    One killer perk that blends into builds and all the survivors cry while they hold like 8 different strong perks in their back pocket. There's nothing overpowered about Eruption, it even has a cooldown, get better.

    A bad killer main enters chat lol.

  • The counter to Eruption in solo q is to pray you're mates don't go down as quick or in shot: hoping MMR works.

    But even good solos are SUPPOSED to go down at some point, it's part of the gameplay!

    Maybe we should accept that Euruption isn't supposed to get countered unless you can callout while playing with comms or you have line of sight of the chased surv. Maybe change Eruption and get rid of the Incapacitated Status Effect and buff gen regressing by a few % instead.

  • Eruption is better against solo q because dbd is intended to be a soloq experience, swfs should not even exist but devs keep it because of money. If eruption worked other way, it would be trash and if it worked like jolt and gave a reduction when the surv is downed no matter if someone is on or off a gen, people would still whine. You are right, tgey are simply mediocre players

  • @Katzengott said:

    The counter to Eruption in solo q is to pray you're mates don't go down as quick or in shot: hoping MMR works.

    But even good solos are SUPPOSED to go down at some point, it's part of the gameplay!

    Maybe we should accept that Euruption isn't supposed to get countered unless you can callout while playing with comms or you have line of sight of the chased surv. Maybe change Eruption and get rid of the Incapacitated Status Effect and buff gen regressing by a few % instead.

    I would be down to get rid of the incap and rising the gen regressing a few % but at the same time doing that kinda makes it jolt with an extra step(kicking the gen). I also saw some saying remove the incap and just block the gen for x time but then that just makes the perk too much like the pain res + DMS combo. These are fine ideas but at the end of the day you just turning eruption into a perk or a combo perks that are already in the game right now. In my opinion, I think a better way to change it is to remove the incap like yall said but add an effect we don't see that much. That is make it so that anyone who is near the gen when it goes boom is hit with a slowdown debuff so they can repair or heal at a much slower rate. Yes, it is kinda like a gift of pain but it's the effect we don't see that often in the game I feel.

  • Screenshot_1534.png

    I don't think I'll ever stop complaining about this boring meta. Set up 3 gen, barely chase. make the game take forever. 3k guarenteed.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TSKHRBKWAVD6/471.jpg

    Every time I've seen it, it turns into a boring slog of a game where the killer desperately defends three generators like there is a bomb planted in their necks that'll go off if the gates get powered.

    Eruption can take a long walk on a short plank

    Easiest way to counter it - Potential Energy (a perk I predict is going to be far more of a problem than Eruption once it starts getting used more). In a SWF, this thing is godly. In solo, it can be used to pretty damn effectively counter Eruption. Keep track of which gets have Eruption, run away after the person being chased gets hit the first time and start storing energy from the nearest gen. As soon as they go down, run back and dump your stacks.

    I've yet to see it fail in an SWF situation. This is also mad strong for breaking a 3gen.

    @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289294#Comment_3289294

    Isn't everything a solo queue crusher?

    If anything is made not to be too strong in solo queue doesn't that end up making it quite weak against swf?

    This this this.

    Sadly, the game cannot be balanced around both solos and SWF, and SWF has to be the target, otherwise SWF is unstoppable or perks all have to be bad and bland.

    What solos need is some of the SWF tools (marks, pings, status icons) and easier methods to put together an SWF.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289299#Comment_3289299

    Easiest way to counter it - Potential Energy (a perk I predict is going to be far more of a problem than Eruption once it starts getting used more). In a SWF, this thing is godly. In solo, it can be used to pretty damn effectively counter Eruption. Keep track of which gets have Eruption, run away after the person being chased gets hit the first time and start storing energy from the nearest gen. As soon as they go down, run back and dump your stacks.

    I've yet to see it fail in an SWF situation. This is also mad strong for breaking a 3gen.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289515#Comment_3289515

    This this this.

    Sadly, the game cannot be balanced around both solos and SWF, and SWF has to be the target, otherwise SWF is unstoppable or perks all have to be bad and bland.

    What solos need is some of the SWF tools (marks, pings, status icons) and easier methods to put together an SWF.

    While I have some fun with Potential Energy, it's one of those things where I don't run into Eruption THAT often that I'm willing to sacrifice another perk spot to try to get my solo ass on par with SWFs (seeing as I already feel forced to run Kindred and Bond just to compete).

    While Eruption is a huge pain to deal with, I've thankfully noticed that many killers don't do the 3 Gen Eruption Defense thing. I imagine they get just as bored "Death by a Thousand Cutting" us survivors are we get being attacked by a thousand cuts...

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297488#Comment_3297488

    While I have some fun with Potential Energy, it's one of those things where I don't run into Eruption THAT often that I'm willing to sacrifice another perk spot to try to get my solo ass on par with SWFs (seeing as I already feel forced to run Kindred and Bond just to compete).

    While Eruption is a huge pain to deal with, I've thankfully noticed that many killers don't do the 3 Gen Eruption Defense thing. I imagine they get just as bored "Death by a Thousand Cutting" us survivors are we get being attacked by a thousand cuts...

    When I play in a trio/4man, I always run PE - it's so good in so many situations, but you need a team behind you to really get the most out of it.

    That said, while I'm not a big fan of the 'use x perk bandaid style to fix y balance issue', Shattered Hope.

    That is all.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297497#Comment_3297497

    When I play in a trio/4man, I always run PE - it's so good in so many situations, but you need a team behind you to really get the most out of it.

    That said, while I'm not a big fan of the 'use x perk bandaid style to fix y balance issue', Shattered Hope.

    That is all.

    I think it's a fun perk to run but like....well...just about everything else, way more powerful in SWF. If for any other reason, they know that if the killer comes, they should be the one to tank the hit if you've stored up a bunch of energy and you can coordinate on when you should store up energy versus just hammer the gen done.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3297501#Comment_3297501

    I think it's a fun perk to run but like....well...just about everything else, way more powerful in SWF. If for any other reason, they know that if the killer comes, they should be the one to tank the hit if you've stored up a bunch of energy and you can coordinate on when you should store up energy versus just hammer the gen done.

    Mm. All I can say is - enjoy the perk before it catches on, because this is going to get nerfed. Two people running it can pop a gen in a matter of seconds, and in a decent SWF you've got plenty of time to charge it.

    It's so bonkers that I wouldn't be surprised if we were reported as hackers.

    EDIT: The trick is to get a gen to basically 99%, then charge it, then pop the gen the second you smell a killer.

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    Please enlighten me on how to counter eruption then. I am very curious to know the counter plays.

    Definitively smash gens with 2 people and don't touch them solo.

  • Eruption was never complained about until now. Survivors always find another perk to destroy.

  • @Zephinism said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S6OWHI5EKJPT/screenshot-1534.png

    I don't think I'll ever stop complaining about this boring meta. Set up 3 gen, barely chase. make the game take forever. 3k guarenteed.

    Seems like it's always a knight tho and at that point, I think it's the fact BHVR made a really bad killer who is only good at setting up 3 gens camping. To me, all these posts and complaints didn't really start getting worst till the knight came out and I think that is because knights feel like the only way they can win is to do the 3 gen-kicking meta since its power is pretty useless outside camping 3 gens. Even if you nerf eruption that not going to stop the 3 gen camping stat for a knight or any other killer. They just run something else in the place of the eruption. I just know I didn't see this many complaints about 3 genning till this chapter.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TSKHRBKWAVD6/471.jpg

    Every time I've seen it, it turns into a boring slog of a game where the killer desperately defends three generators like there is a bomb planted in their necks that'll go off if the gates get powered.

    Eruption can take a long walk on a short plank

    yup yup yup. my last survivor match was A plague who ran the gen kick build just camped a 3 gen from minute 1 and the match went on for 35 minutes and all she did was just pushing people off of gens and kicking them. Like how is this even fun from the killer pov? Like the match didn't even end at 35 minutes i just dc'd out of frustration. I will not be playing survivor again until something is done about eruption, i'm so tired of killers deciding to borderline take the game hostage with this build and the play style it encourages

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    Please enlighten me on how to counter eruption then. I am very curious to know the counter plays.

    Watch Dowsey.

  • Just wanted to comment on a game I just had on Freddy. I felt like doing something different and fun so I went into the match with Spirit Fury, Enduring, Hubris, and Deadlock. Not the strongest build but I figure deadlock would be enough. Guess what...it wasn't. The Gens flew by bc it was swf I went against(they admitted it in the post-chat). Shoot the last two gens pop at the same time deleting my perk altogether. As for the rest of my perks, I only got one down thanks to Hubris. So yeah to those who complain about the gen-kicking builds and the slowdown meta, SWFs and teams I went against are reason why killers like freddy feel like they have to stack slowdown perks. I most likely never going to run just deadlock on freddy again and run two or more slowdown perks.

    I know this off topic but I see ppl in this discussion and others complain about the meta as a whole and just wanted to show some light on how it is when you don't run a lot of slowdowns and you do run into a swf. It's not fun as a killer at all. That match was so unfun and when I saw deadlock was competed counter just bc it was sfw it felt bad. Here I thought I had some time to at least get one kill but proof it was gone. I said screw it and gave up after that and open the gates. Again yeah eruption needs change but I rather it stays strong and has more choices in slowdown instead one less. Plus eruption wouldn't had help in that match anyway since it was swf, wish I ran CoB or something else :-/

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289299#Comment_3289299

    Easiest way to counter it - Potential Energy (a perk I predict is going to be far more of a problem than Eruption once it starts getting used more). In a SWF, this thing is godly. In solo, it can be used to pretty damn effectively counter Eruption. Keep track of which gets have Eruption, run away after the person being chased gets hit the first time and start storing energy from the nearest gen. As soon as they go down, run back and dump your stacks.

    I've yet to see it fail in an SWF situation. This is also mad strong for breaking a 3gen.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3289515#Comment_3289515

    This this this.

    Sadly, the game cannot be balanced around both solos and SWF, and SWF has to be the target, otherwise SWF is unstoppable or perks all have to be bad and bland.

    What solos need is some of the SWF tools (marks, pings, status icons) and easier methods to put together an SWF.

    They aren't gonna admit there's counters and strong perks, they just gonna complain until its nerfed for the like i said, hand hold experience that survivor already is, yall know there was games where gens could insta pop right?

  • I would say that the incapacitated effect is OP on eruption, but it last like 25 secs and it activates on downing a survivor, so by the time that the killer hooks the survivor and begins coming over, the effect is over

  • @Sycamore said:

    Nobody would be complaining about it if a content creator never mentioned it in the first place. You hardly ever see the perk, and when you do the Killer doesn't even get very much value from it, if any.

    I guess it doesn't really matter if they nerf it, it's useless already. It's just what will the mob target next instead of people focusing on real issues in the game.

    if they nerfed it, that's comical since it's not as strong, would just end up on the dumpster perk list like most killer perks.

1 2 ›