Data I Collected Over 250 Matches Has Something To Say...

Starting things off...

I collected data since Project W's release of 250 Survivor matches played. The entire purpose of such was to collect information on perks ran by both Killers and Survivors.

Data might have minor inaccuracies since they were taken from a variety of time periods since I took a few small breaks here and there between recording data.

I found some really interesting statistics that I really want to share with the community.

Survivor...

The most ran Survivor perk was Dead Hard.

491 / 750 (65.5%) Survivors encountered ran Dead Hard.

(Fun Fact; since I am playing Survivor, I am excluding my perks from the perk data, which is why the total amount of Survivors is 750 and not 1000. If I were to include my perks, the data from me would be more skewed towards Dead Hard usage.)

killer...

The most ran Killer perk was Eruption.

239 / 250 (95.6%) Killers encountered ran Eruption.

(Fun Fact; the only Killers who did not use the perk Eruption were Nurses, all of the Nurses ran Starstruck and Flood of Rage.)

Comments

  • Well, I think the latter says more about your MMR bracket than anything.

  • On God every Killer runs Eruption. Including me.


    It's just a little too good right now.

  • 65% of survivors using Dead Hard while saying it's 'balanced' now

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    65% of survivors using Dead Hard while saying it's 'balanced' now

    Ive seen people defend Eruption like their lives depend on it, Ive even been cussed out in my Twitter DMs and cyberstalked by someone over it. "Just gen off the generator, normally only one or two survivors get hit by it a match, it's not that good"... 95.6% usage rate.

  • So old meta was better, you could chose hex perks, pain, dms, pentimento, pop, ect…

    Now that hex are gone, pain info nerfed, dms nerfed, pentimento too situational, pop nerfed, you are stuck with eruption. Buff other regression perks and you will see less eruption.

  • Am i really out of touch for not running Eruption and DH?

    No, its the others that must be wrong.

    I just noticed, that i must be one of the 4,4% killers that never run Eruption.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276781#Comment_3276781

    Ive seen people defend Eruption like their lives depend on it, Ive even been cussed out in my Twitter DMs and cyberstalked by someone over it. "Just gen off the generator, normally only one or two survivors get hit by it a match, it's not that good"... 95.6% usage rate.

    that perk is overrated imo. i rarely use it because most of the times YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE TIME TO KICK GENS (and kicking gens is still not worth the time used, unless you have a specific build made for this purpose).

  • Hmm it seems both of these perks are over tuned, I think 6 years from now they will be changed.

  • The devs still haven't nerfed nurse and alchemist ring. Maybe in ten years they'll do something about eruption.

  • I hope Eruption stays in its current state for 5 years, the same length of time we had to suffer with old Dead Hard

  • I mean.. that’s still very skewed because of your region, time of day/week you play, your MMR and possibly countless of other reasons

    but in general, Eruption and Dead Hard are very often used, sure, nobody is denying that at all.


    @Murgleïs said:

    So old meta was better, you could chose hex perks, pain, dms, pentimento, pop, ect…

    Now that hex are gone, pain info nerfed, dms nerfed, pentimento too situational, pop nerfed, you are stuck with eruption. Buff other regression perks and you will see less eruption.

    Hex perks weren’t that strong before and haven’t been gutted that much recently though? Also pain nerfed? It’s still very much high up in usage?

  • @Mooks said:

    I mean.. that’s still very skewed because of your region, time of day/week you play, your MMR and possibly countless of other reasons

    but in general, Eruption and Dead Hard are very often used, sure, nobody is denying that at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276810#Comment_3276810

    Hex perks weren’t that strong before and haven’t been gutted that much recently though? Also pain nerfed? It’s still very much high up in usage?

    You could stack Pain and DMS it was enough regression to save slots for info perks. And survivors could counter it.

    Now it’s better to run 4 regression.

  • Dead Hard: Used by 75% of survivors

    BHVR: "We have to nerf this!"

    BHVR: releases a perk that works almost identically, but gives the survivor an even better result if they absorb a hit with it than before

    Dead Hard: Used by 65% of survivors

    BHVR: *shocked Pikachu face*


    Meanwhile, all the killer perks that got nerfed into oblivion are nowhere to be seen... HRM!

  • @Murgleïs said:

    So old meta was better, you could chose hex perks, pain, dms, pentimento, pop, ect…

    Now that hex are gone, pain info nerfed, dms nerfed, pentimento too situational, pop nerfed, you are stuck with eruption. Buff other regression perks and you will see less eruption.

    what really is going to happen: .> eruption gets nerfed and killrates sink again, BHVR surprised pikachu face.


    But i guess dead hard is fine now, clearly the majority of survivor mains here says, so it has to be the truth.

  • @Adjatha said:

    Dead Hard: Used by 75% of survivors

    BHVR: "We have to nerf this!"

    BHVR: releases a perk that works almost identically, but gives the survivor an even better result if they absorb a hit with it than before

    Dead Hard: Used by 65% of survivors

    BHVR: *shocked Pikachu face*

    Meanwhile, all the killer perks that got nerfed into oblivion are nowhere to be seen... HRM!

    yeah i think we know where the preferences lay....

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276803#Comment_3276803

    that perk is overrated imo. i rarely use it because most of the times YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE TIME TO KICK GENS (and kicking gens is still not worth the time used, unless you have a specific build made for this purpose).

    i only use it when i also run call of brine tbh. Im a thrilling tremors gamer, every killer has it. i know its not meta, maybe i should change that up and i would do significantly better but i just LOVE how it gives info AND blocks gens the same time. so i have a little bit more time to kick gens. But i dont do it on all killers, on others i just run pain.res + dms paired with thrilling still.

  • @Sycamore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276810#Comment_3276810

    I switched to Pentimento/Plaything combo, but I mainly play Dredge so...

    I used this for a long time on my Blight. At some point survivors will ignore your totems and just genrush. But it’s still a lot of fun.

  • @Sycamore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276812#Comment_3276812

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276818#Comment_3276818

    This. Idc what anyone tells me. Eruption isn't worth the slot without some other kind of regression, or BS. I still get more value out of Pop and/or CoB. It just takes too much time to kick all of the gens while patrolling, and is heavily countered by Survivors splitting and just taking their hands off the gen when a survivor goes down. SWF will always call out when they are about to be downed. The perk is useless to me.

    well obviously, people don't only run eruption on its own in most cases. it's usually used with overcharge/call of brine.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Am i really out of touch for not running Eruption and DH?

    No, its the others that must be wrong.

    I just noticed, that i must be one of the 4,4% killers that never run Eruption.

    OP's stat is very suspect, given its ranking on various metric sites.

    It's super popular and meta, but it is 100% not THAT popular.

  • @Sycamore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277252#Comment_3277252

    Right because stacking regression perks to balance the game makes sense. When you could just run pop, or jolt by itself, so long as you are downing/hooking survivors every 20-40 seconds you'll stay on top of the game and have more room for more perks that better synergize with the killer you are playing.

    there's no way jolt/pop come any close in strength to the current meta gen perks pain res/eruption/cob that's cope.

    also unless you're nurse or blight you shouldn't be downing people that fast and supposedly you are jolt only works in a limited range and only with basic attacks (too many restrictions) and pop is only valuable on almost finished gens otherwise its wasted.

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3277253#Comment_3277253

    there's no way jolt/pop come any close in strength to the current meta gen perks pain res/eruption/cob that's cope.

    also unless you're nurse or blight you shouldn't be downing people that fast and supposedly you are jolt only works in a limited range and only with basic attacks (too many restrictions) and pop is only valuable on almost finished gens otherwise its wasted.

    i miss old Pop so much :(

  • @Pulsar said:

    On God every Killer runs Eruption. Including me.

    It's just a little too good right now.

    I think the only people who dont run it are the people who havent bought buy Nemesis.

  • only thing i miss from the old meta is corrupt.

    it was a chill balanced perk that made sense without being op but unfortunately got gutted for no reason. Sadge

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276812#Comment_3276812

    OP's stat is very suspect, given its ranking on various metric sites.

    It's super popular and meta, but it is 100% not THAT popular.

    In op's defence, it really is. While we dont got specific statistics on our recent matches, atleast 75% was some combination of eruption + 2 slowdowns + random perk with an odd man out killer running something different.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276812#Comment_3276812

    OP's stat is very suspect, given its ranking on various metric sites.

    It's super popular and meta, but it is 100% not THAT popular.

    I stated at the top of the post that the matches that I used the data from were not from consecutive matchups and breaks were taken between playing (normally a few days between because I was literally losing my mind from Eruption), during the breaks I would play other games entirely; every match of Survivor I had played, I collected data for though. But Im not really sure if it would create inaccuracies or not so I put a disclaimer regardless.

    Another thing to note, is that with most of my data, Eruption was the most used perk in the gen-kicking meta. Overcharge and Call Of Brine still saw high usage, but I faced many killers that either used Overcharge + Eruption, or Call of Brine + Eruption. SH: PR and Jolt also saw a lot of usage due to it's synergy with the perks as well.

  • I've never use Eruption before the Knight, and only because I've heard a lot of good things on these forums.


    I'm surprised ALL the Nurses you've versed were using StarStruck & Floods.

    I rarely use them myself (they aren't very efficient against good teams. Survivors tend to be out of range before you have the opportunity to use it)

    And if a good deal of the Nurses I verse are using it (without much success, it's usually at most one down), many don't.

    It's good against over-altruistic body-blockers preventing you to hook though. Against these, that perk is a god-send.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Am i really out of touch for not running Eruption and DH?

    No, its the others that must be wrong.

    I just noticed, that i must be one of the 4,4% killers that never run Eruption.

    Same. I haven't used Eruption a single time before or after the buff. It doesn't sound like a fun perk but that's pretty much every regression perk in the game currently.

  • As a killer main, I have no idea what Eruption does

  • Jolt supremacy is the true way.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    Jolt supremacy is the true way.

    I can get behind this.

    Current Jolt and Old PGTW are among the best designed perks in my opinion, kind of sad to see nobody use PGTW but after the nerf I dont really blame anyone.

  • @Bupkiss said:

    what other stats did you collect?

    I did a similar thing years ago, tracked 200 games for wins/losses and bloodpoints. The info did not have any bearing on the developers, but at least I knew from data the game was heavily killer sided for number of wins and bloodpoints earned.

    I collected data including how many generators were completed, items brought (and addons), killers used, how many times each survivor was hooked and what amount of generators remained when they were hooked, maps played on, offerings used, etc. A lot of my matches were recorded so after the match I had to rewatch to get the information put down properly.

    I wrote A LOT down, and a lot of it is somewhat organized in an Excel sheet I made, though counting all of the data was time consuming, the perks counted were still in the spread sheet but I used a separate application to keep track of the perks used since it was probably the hugest amount of data to keep track of.

    I plan on doing this again in a few months once things get changed a lot more, and new perks are introduced, etc. It's kind of a pain in the rear but I love seeing everything come together after all the time and effort invested.

  • Mind if I ask how you laid out your stats for the survivor perks? I'd like to track my matches for the next 100 or so solo queue games, but not sure how to do it in a way that would be easy to aggregate into tables/graphs in excel.

    I've just been saving a screenshot of each endgame screen so far to record later.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Mind if I ask how you laid out your stats for the survivor perks? I'd like to track my matches for the next 100 or so solo queue games, but not sure how to do it in a way that would be easy to aggregate into tables/graphs in excel.

    I've just been saving a screenshot of each endgame screen so far to record later.

    I would always advise starting with a fresh slate.

    Also for formatting, you can typically just do whatever you want with it, since Im not sure what data you exactly want to capture. It's also important to format it in a way that makes best sense for you, some of my formatting is weird but it makes sense for me, so I do it, but it's something I would never do in a professional setting so it might not work for you or make sense; Id recommend experimenting until you find something that works for you specifically.

    As for learning Excel, there are several YouTube tutorials that can help, Im use to using Excel since Ive used it a lot when tracking stuff required for my degree in Art Education, and when I first started using Excel, I heavily leaned on YouTube because there are a lot of amazing tutorials out there to use.

    I hoped this helped.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3278663#Comment_3278663

    I would always advise starting with a fresh slate.

    Also for formatting, you can typically just do whatever you want with it, since Im not sure what data you exactly want to capture. It's also important to format it in a way that makes best sense for you, some of my formatting is weird but it makes sense for me, so I do it, but it's something I would never do in a professional setting so it might not work for you or make sense; Id recommend experimenting until you find something that works for you specifically.

    As for learning Excel, there are several YouTube tutorials that can help, Im use to using Excel since Ive used it a lot when tracking stuff required for my degree in Art Education, and when I first started using Excel, I heavily leaned on YouTube because there are a lot of amazing tutorials out there to use.

    I hoped this helped.

    I'm just going to track killer, killer perks, match result, my own escape rate, and DC's, with an asterisk denoting gift escapes/kills.

    Do you have data for average kill rate and your own personal escape rate over those matches? I'm only 20 matches in so far and it's depressing to say the least.

  • @Chiky said:

    As a killer main, I have no idea what Eruption does

    As a killer main I forgot I can kick gens 10 months ago.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3276781#Comment_3276781

    Ive seen people defend Eruption like their lives depend on it, Ive even been cussed out in my Twitter DMs and cyberstalked by someone over it. "Just gen off the generator, normally only one or two survivors get hit by it a match, it's not that good"... 95.6% usage rate.

    Its "fine" in the sense that, just like everything else in this game, against top tier SWF squads, the perk is pretty weak. Against solo queue, it is really strong. Until they fix that fundamental problem with the game, they shouldn't be buffing or nerfing things.

  • Well no duh the killers need something to make the game last longer than 4 minutes

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3278683#Comment_3278683

    I'm just going to track killer, killer perks, match result, my own escape rate, and DC's, with an asterisk denoting gift escapes/kills.

    Do you have data for average kill rate and your own personal escape rate over those matches? I'm only 20 matches in so far and it's depressing to say the least.

    The Average Killrate was 72.1% (721 / 1000 Kills) of all the matches was (I count DCs as kills for this data, since killing a Survivor effectively removes them from the match, and DCing does as well; 92 of the kills were DCs, 67 of which were done on Death Hook).

    Almost every match ended in a hatch standoff, I escaped 27 / 250 times through Hatch and 5 / 250 times through the Exit Gates, meaning I escaped 12.8% of my matches; the rest of the escapes were my teammates getting out via Hatch or Exit Gates.

    All matches were played in SoloQ.

    Yea, it is depressing. I would recommend taking breaks. It goes a long way.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3278986#Comment_3278986

    The Average Killrate was 72.1% (721 / 1000 Kills) of all the matches was (I count DCs as kills for this data, since killing a Survivor effectively removes them from the match, and DCing does as well; 92 of the kills were DCs, 67 of which were done on Death Hook).

    Almost every match ended in a hatch standoff, I escaped 27 / 250 times through Hatch and 5 / 250 times through the Exit Gates, meaning I escaped 12.8% of my matches; the rest of the escapes were my teammates getting out via Hatch or Exit Gates.

    All matches were played in SoloQ.

    Yea, it is depressing. I would recommend taking breaks. It goes a long way.

    You escaped 32 times out of your 250 games I find that hard to belive I could of expected at least 50 escapes these stats seem kinda not bonafied didn't mention anything about the other perks that were played

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3278986#Comment_3278986

    The Average Killrate was 72.1% (721 / 1000 Kills) of all the matches was (I count DCs as kills for this data, since killing a Survivor effectively removes them from the match, and DCing does as well; 92 of the kills were DCs, 67 of which were done on Death Hook).

    Almost every match ended in a hatch standoff, I escaped 27 / 250 times through Hatch and 5 / 250 times through the Exit Gates, meaning I escaped 12.8% of my matches; the rest of the escapes were my teammates getting out via Hatch or Exit Gates.

    All matches were played in SoloQ.

    Yea, it is depressing. I would recommend taking breaks. It goes a long way.

    Wow that is horrific! I've only tracked my last 24 matches and my escape rate is about 20%, with an average of 2.5 kills per match.

    Teammates often refuse to commit for the last gen or take a chase when needed, so I'm forced to die for a gen or distract the killer, or accept handing the killer a win. It's really depressing and my matchmaking never seems to adjust. I usually have very capable opponents, with completely random teammates.

    I haven't seen nearly as high usage of Eruption yet, though it is a small sample size.

  • @DredgeyEdgey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3279376#Comment_3279376

    You escaped 32 times out of your 250 games I find that hard to belive I could of expected at least 50 escapes these stats seem kinda not bonafied didn't mention anything about the other perks that were played

    I typically play in SWF when I play Survivor, so Im not too use to the SoloQ experience since I only really play SoloQ to do Archive challenges. My escape rate with SWF is significantly higher (I havent recorded my SWF data, so I cannot provide a %, but I know I escape more times than I die) which probably lead me to be at a high MMR range.

    Another thing is that I purposely avoided teammate information perks; Kindred, Bond, and Empathy were off limits, I wanted to get the raw SoloQ experience (NAE).

    The build I ran for almost every game was Dead Hard, Adrenaline/Off The Record, Hope, Renewal to try and prevent me from getting tunneled out, but even with this build I still got tunneled out for a decent amount of matches, which is why my escape rate is so low. Taking hits as well was kind of pointless since most Killers will just slug and chase relentless, so a lot of my teammates just stuck to generators instead.

    Most matches basically resulted in a Survivor getting tunneled out or DCing at 4-3 generators remaining, with, as mentioned before, me getting caught at the end of this a decent amount of matches; and with stacked slowdown bringing the matches to an unwinnable state, Survivors either gave up or tried to power through an unwinnable situations and obviously fail.

    Also I mentioned the perks in a reply, albeit I never really talked about Survivor perks, mainly because the only perks that were consistently seen throughout the matches were Dead Hard, Lithe, and Sprint Burst; AKA, just exhaustion perks. I was honestly kind of surprised by the lack of Overcome users but after the shadow-nerf where it no longer procs after an Endurance hit, I can see why. Adrenaline appears to kind of be making a comeback in the meta, I saw it a lot throughout my matches, ignoring exhaustion perks it was among the most used perk with 38% (285 / 750) of Survivors bringing it.

    Ive been in this thread answering questions whenever I can, so if you have any more questions or statements I can respond to, I am willing to provide an answer.

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    65% of survivors using Dead Hard while saying it's 'balanced' now

    It is, unless you want old DH back, then we can really see how balanced this DH is compared to

  • @Tsulan said:

    Am i really out of touch for not running Eruption and DH?

    No, its the others that must be wrong.

    I just noticed, that i must be one of the 4,4% killers that never run Eruption.

    Join us brother

    ... actually don't, be unique, lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3279066#Comment_3279066

    do you have time to kick gens?

    That stopped around 2019, I just used Ruin by that time

    At first it was a bit, but I have long over commited to it. Not like I would run eruption or any gen kick perk besides the new aura one if I did kick gens.