holy crap Executioner is horrible

Ever since they nerfed him I see very little use of him, everything he does is too slow to actually be efficient.

He's just bad and not fun

Comments

  • Meh, I think his basekit is mostly fine. His addons are a different story though.

  • I wouldn't say he is bad. He can feel bad to play, though.

  • He is definitely not bad at all. He can feel very clunky, especially when you're not used to him (turning while using his power feels weird), but his power can be quite strong. If you're on PC, you might want to try Q and E for turning while laying down trails.

  • I don't think a killer with an attack that can completely ignore obstacles to hit a survivor can really be called weak. The amount of time you can save by skipping the carrying process should not be underestimated as well. If you need help landing his PoTD, try running I'm all ears, its a huge help on loops with tall walls.

  • He can feel clunky to use at first but if you get used to his power he's really strong. Can't reallyl oop effectively against him.

    Plus he's the best tunneler in the game.

  • Feels clunky sometimes but still really good

  • True, also the speed to put the sword on ground should reduce

  • @RavenBirb said:

    Ever since they nerfed him I see very little use of him, everything he does is too slow to actually be efficient.

    He's just bad and not fun

    "Blight is the worst killer in this game. I can't land a single hit with his ability, when I'm bouncing I'm getting completely disoriented, I slip off the objects that I suppose to bounce off... When I play blight, it's a free escape for survivors. Blight is so bad."

    Get it? It's called "Skill issue".

  • He's ok but DS and such are not a big problem for killers now, so PH is not as strong as back then. But they reall need to look at those addons.

  • In my opinion he is bad against good players, good players dodge your power 90% of the times unless you use it in windows or very narrow places, the same thing happen with Nemesis tentacle. I like both killers but they feel very inconsistent for me.

  • He can damage survivors through walls on high wall pallet loops. He's fine.

  • I am a Pyramidhead main, and even after couple hundred hours his power feels clunky and unwieldy to use, BUT if you keep it up and learn it's ins and outs, you will be better at judging survivors behaviour and how your ability works, where to aim etc and you can become such a menace, landing "unfair and cheeky" hit after "unfair and cheeky" hit.

    I mostly keep survivors damned for tracking purposes, the trail shows you which directions they went like an 2s after image, and for using the special mori at him stage 3, but sending them to a cage in a pinch can allow you to keep the pressure up mid-chase and even peel survivors off of gens and sends them to the other side of the map.

    Even if you are still learning, putting your sword in the ground will let survivors run through a palette instead of dropping it 90% of the time, so the psychological menace of a POTD attack might be bigger then its actual damage. Also if you can, equip Weskers Awakened Awareness, see survivors hiding behind bushes and walls and hit them with an uncounterable surprise POTD after hooking.

  • He's great if you are good at predicting survivor pathing behind walls, and terrible if you aren't

  • He is a lot of fun when you get some decent snipes but not the easiest killer to destroy teams with. Survivors who are moderately aware can make it a bit rough, though I am no expert with him so there is that...

  • @Krazzik said:

    He can feel clunky to use at first but if you get used to his power he's really strong. Can't reallyl oop effectively against him.

    Plus he's the best tunneler in the game.

    Was the best tunneler. I think Wesker takes the cake currently. PH has to get you Tormented before he can tunnel effectively, and a good player will make that difficult. Meanwhile, Wesker can just bring an add-on to infect everyone and can apply infection with his power more easily. Plus, if you tunnel immediately off hook, eventually that Survivor gets an 8% slowdown, so you will catch them no matter what.

  • Disagree he's pretty good if you know how to use him. I honestly believe he's got the potential to be a top 5 killer.

  • lol, no. PH is one of the better killers in the game when you get a feel for him.

    But at first he can feel very unwieldy, for sure. He feels lumbering, it takes time to ready his power (and there is an audio cue), his M1 just feels wonky at first, etc.

    But he can be very good. I think there is a very strong correlation between success with him and being able to predict survivor's movements (yeah, you can say this about all killers, but moreso with PH) since a lot of his power lies in being able to hit blindly through walls and obstacles.

    To that end, I would suggest running I'm All Ears in any PH build; it really is one of the best, if not the best perk to run on him. Also one thing that some people don't realize is that he doesn't slow down all that much when his sword is in the ground, so you shouldn't be too hesitant to keep it down, even (maybe especially) while looping. It also makes it much harder for survs to predict when you are going to use his power.

    And getting those hits through walls after making a great prediction or tracking well is super gratifying. One of the best feelings as killer, imo. And if you can get survs tormented, it opens up options that allow you to circumvent flashlight saves, DS, etc. entirely.

    His add-ons are mostly trash tier, though. Probably the worst in the game. The only ones worth running are the distance ones really, and his iris are a joke.

  • He needs an add on pass, since 95% of his add ons are complete butt. And getting hit by Punishment of the Damned should apply torment to the survivor

  • There is a special kind of "jank" feeling to him no doubt.

  • I'd say it's more you have to pay for him + paying for his best perks + time invested to learn how to use his entire kit effectively. He's not bad at all, he just feels bad to play due to his controls and movement being so stiff. Basically what @Akumakaji and @Thusly_Boned said. Kit is fantastic, mind-game potential on platinum, drop dead sexy, add-ons are meh, but honestly imo he doesn't need to have uber amazing ones because the gems already there do exactly what they need to take the strongest points of his gameplay and make them even stronger without breaking game balance. He also does one thing very few killers can do, and that's force survs to play into and change their gameplay around your power, which is a huge advantage for you as killer because now you have more options to secure your end-game goal.

    The worst thing I could say is he feels clunky like they coded tank controls in along with him. He can also be pretty predictable since most his actions are fairly readable, so any survivor worth their salt will play try to play to other weakness in your kit and overall gameplay to try and give you a hard time. If you have a perk like say IAE or even AA on PH, then there are things you can do to better handle those situations when they come up, and improve on tracking strats and all that good #########. Without it though, you're stuck spending time developing gameplay around those weaknesses.

  • He is strong but I don't enjoy playing him. He is clunky and not really interesting.

  • If you play the way survivors want you to play as killer, Pyramid head can be very frustrating and very hard to play. But, if you play to take one person out of the game instantly, there isn't a lot the survivors can do. One of the only things survivors can do is avoid touching his barb wire early in the game. You might notice good players choose a shorter chase over getting the debuff. This is because most good Pyramid head players will use that debuff to tunnel their first/second chase out of the game.


    But that is basically pyramid head, you have to pay nasty for him to compete with good survivors. If you play nice you might as well just afk.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Meh, I think his basekit is mostly fine. His addons are a different story though.

    It is in Theory but literally playing him with good add ons just feel clunky, his trail he sends forward is so easy to predict and it takes so long to recover in chases.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    He is strong but I don't enjoy playing him. He is clunky and not really interesting.

    what you said in the second part is how his power feels.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3243919#Comment_3243919

    It is in Theory but literally playing him with good add ons just feel clunky, his trail he sends forward is so easy to predict and it takes so long to recover in chases.

    PH is more about zoning than actually hitting people with the shockwave. And tunneling.

    Once you realize that he makes a lot more sense. People say the addons besides range are useless for some reason. In reality, recharge and power duration are both almost as strong. Dragging the sword behind people for an eternity is how you should play him for the most part, spamming attacks at people is a desperation move unless they are bad at avoiding it.

    So to really play him well, you need extensive map knowledge. You need to pre-emptively put the sword in the ground when approaching loops beyond your line of sight to keep survivors from using them

  • The satisfaction of downing 2 survivors behind a wall or landing a hit after a vault makes him one of my favorite killers. Never mind the utility of the cage and execution mechanics. The only thing holding me from playing him more in the past was his weak synergy with old BBQ.

    I also find survivors are very horny for him and will often sacrifice themselves in ecstasy.

  • He's just good at tunneling.

  • @RavenBirb said:

    Ever since they nerfed him I see very little use of him, everything he does is too slow to actually be efficient.

    He's just bad and not fun

    He's not bad, but he feels clunky and terrible to control. That takes away most of the fun for me. He felt so smooth before they nerfed him multiple times.

  • His addons are garbage but it does sound like someone's just not that good as him.

    He's like a mop: a pain in the ass to use but is incredibly good at cleaning up (the opposing team).

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I am a Pyramidhead main, and even after couple hundred hours his power feels clunky and unwieldy to use, BUT if you keep it up and learn it's ins and outs, you will be better at judging survivors behaviour and how your ability works, where to aim etc and you can become such a menace, landing "unfair and cheeky" hit after "unfair and cheeky" hit.

    I mostly keep survivors damned for tracking purposes, the trail shows you which directions they went like an 2s after image, and for using the special mori at him stage 3, but sending them to a cage in a pinch can allow you to keep the pressure up mid-chase and even peel survivors off of gens and sends them to the other side of the map.

    Even if you are still learning, putting your sword in the ground will let survivors run through a palette instead of dropping it 90% of the time, so the psychological menace of a POTD attack might be bigger then its actual damage. Also if you can, equip Weskers Awakened Awareness, see survivors hiding behind bushes and walls and hit them with an uncounterable surprise POTD after hooking.

    Good news, it gets better after the 800 hours into him mark

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    His addons are garbage but it does sound like someone's just not that good as him.

    He's like a mop: a pain in the ass to use but is incredibly good at cleaning up (the opposing team).

    I think it was one of your posts, but someone had some helpful tips for using PoTD on a survivor at a loop with LoS breakers awhile back. That single tactic helped improve my PH gameplay so much once I figured out how to replicate the same results.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3244803#Comment_3244803

    I think it was one of your posts, but someone had some helpful tips for using PoTD on a survivor at a loop with LoS breakers awhile back. That single tactic helped improve my PH gameplay so much once I figured out how to replicate the same results.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So a few attentive people may recognise this from a comment I made yesterday (technically it was 24 minutes into today but let's not talk semantics). A couple of people suggested I make it a real post because "That's an excellent guide, very well put together." So, here I am. I've added a few more things so it's still worth a read.

    This will cover what is, in my opinion, his best build and why, as well as a few tips on playing him & a few videos.

    So hey, it's me- GoodBoyKaru, your friendly neighbourhood Pyramid Head main- here to give some swift Tips and Tricks(tm) to help make you a better Pyramid Head player!

    For the record, this was made during DBD Patch 4.7.2

    Build

    PERKS

    My personal favourite and imho strongest build is this:

    • Corrupt Intervention

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5A01IV8RME2M/image.png

    Crucial early-game slowdown on a killer without mobility, allows him to stall the game massively because survivors know that if they get found they're doomed.

    • Pop Goes The Weasel

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FHA7ZFNAKVZY/image.png

    It's the second best gen regression perk in the game, Ruin is too volatile to be anywhere near reliable on him because, again, no movement speed, he needs gen perks because he cannot move around the map quick enough, 11/10. "But you don't hook pe-" WRONG. You should be getting plenty of value out of PGTW and if you're overcaging then you're taking your map pressure and throwing it out the window.

    • Barbeque and Chili

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SC8THLXSY3RP/image.png

    Now, you could obviously put other perks here like Infectious Fright (amazing snowball), Tinkerer (Undetectable is nice and it helps tell you where to go but again no movement speed) or Discordance (amazing info, can sometimes do nothing about it). However I say BBQ because I like the perk and also because bloodpoints.

    • I'm All Ears

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V90CSL0I44NO/image.png

    Hands down the best perk in the game for Pyramid Head, that's six seconds of wallhacks. I cannot stress how valuable this is with his power- that is a guaranteed free hit in 9/10 situations. To show what I mean, I've linked a timestamped video below of where IAE comes in so clutch- continues to 5:16 in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=296s

    (you can watch the whole thing if you really want I'm proud of the game).

    An honourable mention here goes to Ruin/Undying over Pop/Corrupt. As I've mentioned before, Tinkerer isn't a great perk on him due to his lack of speed, but the same goes for Ruin/Undying. You don't have the map mobility to defend your totems, especially if they spawn further away, and you'll probably end up losing two perks before 2 gens go. Corrupt/Pop is just more consistent in my experience.

    ADD-ONS

    So, his add-ons aren't great. The best ones, by far, are range add-ons which, when combined, extend his POTD by up to 2.5m (10.5m total). These are Burning Man Painting (Rare), Wax Doll (Uncommon), and Black Strap (Common), which ass +1.5m, +1m, and +0.5m respectively.

    tips

    Okay so rule number one is to not break pallets. Sounds weird but, just trust me.

    His power is incredibly strong in a chase- so much so that if a survivor commits to an animation they die. If you don't break pallets (with some exceptions like God pallets) you can do amazing things. Because who doesn't want more opportunities to win a chase, like, instantly? It turns incredibly safe pallets into death sentences

    To show what I mean, here's another timestamped clip. Ends at 10:58

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3X5o9GpjY&t=646s

    Learn the range of the power. 8m is specific and sometimes you think you can hit things and you can't. You need to be very careful, especially when playing with range add-ons for so long, because it can and will screw with your perception.

    Adapt to the survivors you're facing. A lot of players will fake taking an animation, go to the side slightly to bait your POTD or your cancel, and then commit to the animation. If you turn to the side and release, you'll catch a lot of these survivors out and get a hit. It's really satisfying to do. Alternatively some survivors will commit to the animations regardless, in which case you'll know to aim in the centre. Other survivors will just hold W and pre-drop pallets, in which case you know to leave them because you'll really struggle catching up, or do not use your power.

    I cannot stress that enough. If a survivor is pre-dropping W key gaming, do not use your power. M1 killer them.

    Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.

    To see what I mean we return to the first video, again timestamped. Clip ends at 1:36.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=83s

    See how I hug the car, turn the camera and use the power to hit him out of animation lock? Had he kept running, easy torment too.

    In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:

    • You're afraid of a DS (just please don't tunnel I'm begging you)
    • You're afraid of an Unbreakable (much more likely)
    • You can immidiately get into another chase
    • It would place you into a Pressure Point Of No Return (name pending).

    What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.

    If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook.

    Learn where you can and can't lay trails. In front of totems and lockers? Amazing. In front of a gen? Not at all, it becomes a Restricted Trail Element and disappears after a few seconds. The DBD Wiki has a section on this which I'll just paste below.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2808XTGCLSHV/image.png

    I'd highly, highly suggest reading the wiki page on his power as it's really useful in understanding the fundamentals and giving actual values to words. Here it is:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

    Finally, learn where you can and can't use POTD. It sounds like a simple thing but learning where you can and can't use it, however there's a lot to it. For example, learning how vertical changes affect it. Did you know if you release his power on a slope going up it'll fail, same with releasing it on a slope going down. However, if you're barely off of the slope it'll travel down it, but only if it isn't too steep.

    It's nuts but knowing where you can and can't actually have an ability is, funnily enough, pretty important.

    A few more quick-fire tips:

    • Don't just go for animation lock shots. People expect these and adapt. Be unpredictable to catch them off guard and get easy hits. Like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1k10I-zG4&feature=emb_logo

    Bet they didn't expect that one :p

    Needless to say that was where I hit a Pressure Point Of No Return and poor Jakey couldn't pick up the scraps.

    • Don't spam his power. You waste too much time. Be precise, predict, and adapt to your opponents.
    • Don't spam his trails. You move at 110% and you already lack a movement ability, you waste too much time.
    • Tunneling isn't the best strategy. I know it seems like it because cages but again, you do not have a movement ability. Survivors can and will facefuck generators and ruin your day substantially.
    • Dead Dawg Saloon and Hawkins are both maps you never press M2 on ever. Play like a default M1 killer because the map design prevents you from using your power. They're pretty much auto-loss maps, ngl, unless the survivors really badly mess up.
    • Play survivor. Learn where survivors move and how they path, shoot POTD to hit them. That's what I did in that last clip.

    And, yeah, that's about it. If people have any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can, though I think this is comprehensive enough.

    This one?

  • I don't think he's bad but I've never liked him because of how clunky he feels.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3244020#Comment_3244020

    Good news, it gets better after the 800 hours into him mark

    Wait I thought it was at the thousand hour mark it got better?

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3244804#Comment_3244804

    Wait I thought it was at the thousand hour mark it got better?

    It gets better again when that one happens