Can we stop weaponising the community? (flashlight changes)

This isn't the first time. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the flashlight changes, I use them too infrequently to be too impacted.


But can we stop using people as an excuse to nerf things in the game? If you want to nerf flashlights whether to prevent BM or to just nerf it, just say it. Don't give a lame excuse about how this is a change for the section of the community that suffers from epilepsy, if you had cared enough, you would've listened to that part of the community if not 5 years ago, then 4, 3 or even 2.


We get it, you want to buff killer, we get it. We really do. But don't do it by trying to make it seem as if this is because you care for the community.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Is that an excuse? Sure.

    Is it a bigger for killer? No. You dont need to constantly click to blind a killer in any scenario.

  • Flashlights aren't nerfed though,,they just remove the macro rapid clicks,,you can still do saves / blinds normally ,,the only thing that might get changed is the fact that it might mess you up trying to correct a flashlight save you kinda started early,,that remains to be seen,,,but yeah,,photosensitive people are just an excuse considering game has already flashing lights and all those stuff that can potentially cause a trigger ,,Just a poor excuse to remove taunting/ cheeky bm

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    Flashlights aren't nerfed though,,they just remove the macro rapid clicks,,you can still do saves / blinds normally ,,the only thing that might get changed is the fact that it might mess you up trying to correct a flashlight save you kinda started early,,that remains to be seen,,,but yeah,,photosensitive people are just an excuse considering game has already flashing lights and all those stuff that can potentially cause a trigger ,,Just a poor excuse to remove taunting/ cheeky bm

    “the only thing that might get changed is the fact that it might mess you up trying to correct a flashlight save you kinda started early”

    In other words, nerfed 🙄

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210331#Comment_3210331

    “the only thing that might get changed is the fact that it might mess you up trying to correct a flashlight save you kinda started early”

    In other words, nerfed 🙄

    Not really since instead of clicking to fix it you can just move beamer instead,,might be tricky gettin used to it but it's doable,,

  • Why people gets mad at accessibility change which can be extremely negligible nerfs? I don't get it, seriously.

  • I don’t believe the change to flashlights was made with accessibility in mind, but it seems to be a change some players will find helpful. It’s a good change regardless of the true reason behind it, though. I wish they’d do something about Doctor’s loud noises. People with hearing sensitivity and sensory overload find that awful to experience.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    This isn't the first time. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the flashlight changes, I use them too infrequently to be too impacted.

    But can we stop using people as an excuse to nerf things in the game? If you want to nerf flashlights whether to prevent BM or to just nerf it, just say it. Don't give a lame excuse about how this is a change for the section of the community that suffers from epilepsy, if you had cared enough, you would've listened to that part of the community if not 5 years ago, then 4, 3 or even 2.

    We get it, you want to buff killer, we get it. We really do. But don't do it by trying to make it seem as if this is because you care for the community.

    Here's to put some prospective

    :situation: your fighting a killer let's say Myers he's struggling 1 gen left everyone starts bullying him click clack clicking the flashlight in his face.

    He "rage quits" and afk for the rest of the match" this is what you saw


    From his point of view he was doing poor and allready mad because of it and then you start clicking your flashlight with some other people and

    his. "Rage quit" afk was really him having a seizure because somebody had to satisfy their ego. putting someone else in several pain or even a life threatening situation because you just wanted to push the little funny button.

    I've met some people I've disagreed with but you are so far the only person I dislike.

    Ps nobody believes your fasud of this change dosent really affect me but ohhh how it nerfs me.

  • ? It doesn't affect me because I don't play with flashlights. Doesn't change the fact that it's a nerf. I never said i didnt want it to come through LOL why are you typing an essay to me getting worked up over soemthing that isnt there?

  • @UniSans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/348774/can-we-stop-weaponising-the-community-flashlight-changes

    You can't just grandfather clause flashlights just because it wasn't an issue they were concerned about before. Like cheating, its become an issue recently moreso than years ago, hence them addressing it. Like #########.

    ? Flashlights have been a concern because they used to be OP before. I am criticising BHVR trying to play this change off as 'we are trying to be more accessible because it causes seizures!' When they fail to target other things that people have been triggered by such as Clown's effects, or Plague's vomit.


    I think you are misunderstanding my post, mate.

    @Bran said:

    Is that an excuse? Sure.

    Is it a bigger for killer? No. You dont need to constantly click to blind a killer in any scenario.

    I agree. The point of my post is that I'd rather them just be up-front and honest, rather than trying to hide behind something for why they are making changes.

    @Entitled_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210345#Comment_3210345

    Not really since instead of clicking to fix it you can just move beamer instead,,might be tricky gettin used to it but it's doable,,

    It's still nerfed then Lol, the fact that it's nerfed is not a big deal or the point of my post tho

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210405#Comment_3210405

    ? It doesn't affect me because I don't play with flashlights. Doesn't change the fact that it's a nerf. I never said i didnt want it to come through LOL why are you typing an essay to me getting worked up over soemthing that isnt there?

    You made two threads. Two threads in which you're clearly on the wrong side of history.

    It absolutely affects you and it shows.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210437#Comment_3210437

    You made two threads. Two threads in which you're clearly on the wrong side of history.

    It absolutely affects you and it shows.

    How am I on the wrong side of history? Many people have voiced similar disappointment and criticism that, instead of ACTUALLY making changes to help those that need more accessibility in the game, they are using them as a psuedo-reason for why a change is coming into the game.


    Everyone just wishes that BHVR was being transparent and honest, rather than trying to cover their asses from another flame-war. you're just a weirdo lol

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210229#Comment_3210229

    ? Flashlights have been a concern because they used to be OP before. I am criticising BHVR trying to play this change off as 'we are trying to be more accessible because it causes seizures!' When they fail to target other things that people have been triggered by such as Clown's effects, or Plague's vomit.

    I think you are misunderstanding my post, mate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210312#Comment_3210312

    I agree. The point of my post is that I'd rather them just be up-front and honest, rather than trying to hide behind something for why they are making changes.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210347#Comment_3210347

    It's still nerfed then Lol, the fact that it's nerfed is not a big deal or the point of my post tho

    Yeah they need to be up front. Not doing so makes them look even more crummier.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    This isn't the first time. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the flashlight changes, I use them too infrequently to be too impacted.

    But can we stop using people as an excuse to nerf things in the game? If you want to nerf flashlights whether to prevent BM or to just nerf it, just say it. Don't give a lame excuse about how this is a change for the section of the community that suffers from epilepsy, if you had cared enough, you would've listened to that part of the community if not 5 years ago, then 4, 3 or even 2.

    We get it, you want to buff killer, we get it. We really do. But don't do it by trying to make it seem as if this is because you care for the community.

    imagine thinking that this change is a buff for killers instead of being a healthy thing for the game under various aspects (from toxic click spam to people who risk seizure from flashlight macro). Regarding the excuses to change stuff well, they always did this kind of things, it's nothing new honestly, but at least this time they did a healthy change for once.

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/348774/can-we-stop-weaponising-the-community-flashlight-changes

    imagine thinking that this change is a buff for killers instead of being a healthy thing for the game under various aspects (from toxic click spam to people who risk seizure from flashlight macro). Regarding the excuses to change stuff well, they always did this kind of things, it's nothing new honestly, but at least this time they did a healthy change for once.

    Whether it is healthy or not, doesn’t change the fact it’s still a buff to killers. But that’s not the main point of the thread so im not sure why you hyper focused on that?

  • LOL - The forums truly are a blessing.

  • 3,260 votes and 342 comments so far on Reddit


    Here's a Reddit thread that has a better scope of people's reactions.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    How long is the cooldown? I am just wondering because there were legit times when you thought you had an angle and had to cancel and restart. I am interested to see how long in between each time it is.

    It's like a quarter of a second maybe

  • I don’t think something being in the game a long time or how long the community has pointed something out is a reason to complain about a change when they make it. I mean, what’s the ask here? They should never respond to concerns about photosensitivity issues with flashlight clicking because thus far they haven’t?

    A complaint that they have issues for photosensitive people in the game is rooted in an actual issue. A complaint that they’re fixing it and explaining why they’re fixing it feels like manufactured outrage. I’m glad they’re taking action even though some would try and create a lose-lose situation for them.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    This isn't the first time. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the flashlight changes, I use them too infrequently to be too impacted.

    But can we stop using people as an excuse to nerf things in the game? If you want to nerf flashlights whether to prevent BM or to just nerf it, just say it. Don't give a lame excuse about how this is a change for the section of the community that suffers from epilepsy, if you had cared enough, you would've listened to that part of the community if not 5 years ago, then 4, 3 or even 2.

    We get it, you want to buff killer, we get it. We really do. But don't do it by trying to make it seem as if this is because you care for the community.

    They want to buff "killer".

    BHVR: Proceeds to give base kit unbreakable to survs.

  • @MDRSan said:

    I don’t think something being in the game a long time or how long the community has pointed something out is a reason to complain about a change when they make it. I mean, what’s the ask here? They should never respond to concerns about photosensitivity issues with flashlight clicking because thus far they haven’t?

    A complaint that they have issues for photosensitive people in the game is rooted in an actual issue. A complaint that they’re fixing it and explaining why they’re fixing it feels like manufactured outrage. I’m glad they’re taking action even though some would try and create a lose-lose situation for them.

    what I am saying is, if they want to address triggering features in the game, they should bloody do it.


    there are still SEVERAL features in the game that can trigger seizures.


    not to mention that BHVR is known for this behaviour, of “trying to do something good” when they are being criticised from every angle, and at this rate, even their own community ambassadors.


    awfully convenient that they don’t address the whole picture about seizures (which would’ve shown actual genuinity in these changes), they are being flamed by fog whisperers, game is getting ruined by cheaters and IP leakers, after they stated they want the kill rates to be even higher, whilst having criticism from both survivors and killers.


    notice how every change that they are ever passionate about or have planned, they will discuss? Notice how this was completely left out until PTB drop?


    if you want to believe this was genuine, go for it. But I don’t. And I’d rather them be upfront about it

  • @johnlikesguns2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/348774/can-we-stop-weaponising-the-community-flashlight-changes

    They want to buff "killer".

    BHVR: Proceeds to give base kit unbreakable to survs.

    Proceeds to buff all range killers, and hit/run killers where the results in the PTB is that survivors are dying in under 5 minutes. Lol

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210442#Comment_3210442

    How am I on the wrong side of history? Many people have voiced similar disappointment and criticism that, instead of ACTUALLY making changes to help those that need more accessibility in the game, they are using them as a psuedo-reason for why a change is coming into the game.

    Everyone just wishes that BHVR was being transparent and honest, rather than trying to cover their asses from another flame-war. you're just a weirdo lol

    “You’re on the wrong side of history” is what people say when they don’t have any facts or logic to argue against you, they just want to shut down the debate

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210445#Comment_3210445

    “You’re on the wrong side of history” is what people say when they don’t have any facts or logic to argue against you, they just want to shut down the debate

    Nah. Console her more.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210004#Comment_3210004

    Because if the developers cared about accessibility, it would've been changed to not trigger epilepsy years ago. Clicking flashlights has been a feature ever since the beginning. Not once did the developers care to cater to that part of the community.

    I am criticising the developers for not having a backbone. it's a PR message to protect themselves had they gotten backlash.

    It's BHVR, have you seen how fast they move?

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    This isn't the first time. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the flashlight changes, I use them too infrequently to be too impacted.

    But can we stop using people as an excuse to nerf things in the game? If you want to nerf flashlights whether to prevent BM or to just nerf it, just say it. Don't give a lame excuse about how this is a change for the section of the community that suffers from epilepsy, if you had cared enough, you would've listened to that part of the community if not 5 years ago, then 4, 3 or even 2.

    We get it, you want to buff killer, we get it. We really do. But don't do it by trying to make it seem as if this is because you care for the community.

    I'm visually impaired and really require sound to help compensate for my disability. You don't see me screaming to the high heavens to decrease chase music volume even though that would be great. You also never see me ask for nerfs to iron will, off the record, etc for the sake of accessibility.

    I understand the need to change flashlights however if they're really triggering people to have seizures. But from what I've gathered a bigger issue comes from the screens on the tv's and such in various maps. If these flashlight changes even prevent 1 seizure than I am for it and everyone else should too. These changes aren't accessibility changes.

  • The funny thing is that these kinds of topics are more weaponing the community than BHVR making a change to flashlights is.

    It's BHVR's game. If they want to adjust flashlights to help out a small section of their community, they are free to do so.

  • 3000

    That's the number of people who die of SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) yearly in the US alone.

    Any way you can reduce the risk of a seizure is a healthy change, but sure it's a excuse so they can... barely make flashlights weaker? If at all cause you can still adjust it the same way

    I'm sorry but if you seriously think they used this as a excuse to avoid the "backlash" of what might be the most insignificant balance change that has ever happened in this game then you might be suffering from severe paranoia and need to get that checked out

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210033#Comment_3210033

    Where the hell did i say that? I literally said I don't care for the change, I am not saying it shouldn't be implemented. I literally said they shouldn't be hiding it behind 'this is for accessiblity!!!' when if it were, they should've implemented this years ago! #########, what a way to miss the mark, mate.

    You are just looking for a fight tbh. if you continue to try to manipulate my words i am gonna ignore you

    I just want to clarify something.

    "I don't care for" means "I don't like (something)." (ex: I don't really care for mushrooms. I don't like their flavor).

    "I don't care about" means "It doesn't matter to me." (ex: "I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.")

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210042#Comment_3210042

    I just want to clarify something.

    "I don't care for" means "I don't like (something)." (ex: I don't really care for mushrooms. I don't like their flavor).

    "I don't care about" means "It doesn't matter to me." (ex: "I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.")

    Well, it's an accurate usage if you say that the people arguing against the flashlight changes don't care for the change and they don't care about people who could suffer from seizures. That looks accurate to me.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211115#Comment_3211115

    Well, it's an accurate usage if you say that the people arguing against the flashlight changes don't care for the change and they don't care about people who could suffer from seizures. That looks accurate to me.

    I understand your point. I don't believe that's OP's opinion though. I believe what they're trying to say is, they don't care that flashlight clicking is getting changed. The change doesn't bother them. What bothers them is that, in their opinion, BHVR's reason for changing the clicking is disingenuous. If I understand correctly, OP believes the change is not about accessibility but is instead intended to benefit Killers by making timing flashlight saves more precise.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210159#Comment_3210159

    ? I think dying on the hill that companies shouldn't weaponise diseases for a good PR stunt because they are receiving backlash everywhere else is a good hill to die on, you dont?

    I accidentally said the same thing in a different (more emotional and very upset) way on a seprate post, and now im getting called ablest...for calling out corporate ableism...as I am a disabled person and explained how in later comments.. My god make it make sense here.

  • This is definitely one of those posts that other sites link to and laugh at due to how terrible and awful it is.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210004#Comment_3210004

    Because if the developers cared about accessibility, it would've been changed to not trigger epilepsy years ago. Clicking flashlights has been a feature ever since the beginning. Not once did the developers care to cater to that part of the community.

    I am criticising the developers for not having a backbone. it's a PR message to protect themselves had they gotten backlash.

    I didn't know they made a statement about this but if you read the patch notes that's the only logical conclusion. Reduce strobing.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211119#Comment_3211119

    I understand your point. I don't believe that's OP's opinion though. I believe what they're trying to say is, they don't care that flashlight clicking is getting changed. The change doesn't bother them. What bothers them is that, in their opinion, BHVR's reason for changing the clicking is disingenuous. If I understand correctly, OP believes the change is not about accessibility but is instead intended to benefit Killers by making timing flashlight saves more precise.

    It is possible the OP is paranoid and thinks it was done for a different reason. My comment wasn't solely directed at the OP though. Most of the people upset about this seem to be people who just like having fun at other people's expense and don't care it's an actual health issue.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210004#Comment_3210004

    This is caused by killer-mains using people with photosensitivity issues to get the developers to remove something they don't like. This is completely because killer-mains get their feelings hurt when a survivor outplays them, then flashlight clicks. It's so blatant, it's not even funny.

    Instead of just telling the truth, killer-mains are pretending their concern for other peoples feelings, which we all know is a lie. This is a group of players that tunnel, face-camp and 4 man slug and you're telling me that the killer-mains are concerned about people with photosensitivity issues.

    The developers are removing flashlight clicking because they consider it toxic, not because they actually believe killer-main lies about them caring for people with photosensitivity issues. Don't think killer-mains pulled the wool over the developers eyes at all.

    You should take a minute and really reflect upon your thoughts. Instead of feeling any sort of empathy towards those with issues your first thought is that people are just using those with issues as an excuse to get something changed.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211128#Comment_3211128

    It is possible the OP is paranoid and thinks it was done for a different reason. My comment wasn't solely directed at the OP though. Most of the people upset about this seem to be people who just like having fun at other people's expense and don't care it's an actual health issue.

    I hear you. 👍

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211115#Comment_3211115

    Well, it's an accurate usage if you say that the people arguing against the flashlight changes don't care for the change and they don't care about people who could suffer from seizures. That looks accurate to me.

    where did I say I disagree with the change? I’ve mentioned in the thread that they still have a lot of changes to do to accommodate those people as there are a lot of triggers in the game for seizures.


    way to put words in my mouth, dude

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210004#Comment_3210004

    This is caused by killer-mains using people with photosensitivity issues to get the developers to remove something they don't like. This is completely because killer-mains get their feelings hurt when a survivor outplays them, then flashlight clicks. It's so blatant, it's not even funny.

    Instead of just telling the truth, killer-mains are pretending their concern for other peoples feelings, which we all know is a lie. This is a group of players that tunnel, face-camp and 4 man slug and you're telling me that the killer-mains are concerned about people with photosensitivity issues.

    The developers are removing flashlight clicking because they consider it toxic, not because they actually believe killer-main lies about them caring for people with photosensitivity issues. Don't think killer-mains pulled the wool over the developers eyes at all.

    I know its hard to understand, but there might just be people who either have these conditions, or help friends or family deal with them as well? Why respond to my post and complain about bad actors when you are very clearly being one right now?

  • @Ryuhi said:

    How are you not weaponizing the topic when you're implying that its changed only as an excuse to nerf, rather than an actual valid reason? Its not even killer specific since flashlight macroing affects survivors with photosensitivity issues just as much, while you're literally turning it into a partisan issue in the post you're telling people not to.

    Because it is an excuse, that's pretty clear to anyone who stops to think about it for even a mere second. They could have simply made it so the flashlight blind effect became what it was years ago, prior to the changes THEY decided to make. It certainly didn't cause any epilepsy back then. Or they could have lowered the brightness of said effect. But nah, we get a lame excuse for a nerf that has those who suffer from epilepsy only as a welcome side effect of a decision that isn't based on that.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210004#Comment_3210004

    This is caused by killer-mains using people with photosensitivity issues to get the developers to remove something they don't like. This is completely because killer-mains get their feelings hurt when a survivor outplays them, then flashlight clicks. It's so blatant, it's not even funny.

    Instead of just telling the truth, killer-mains are pretending their concern for other peoples feelings, which we all know is a lie. This is a group of players that tunnel, face-camp and 4 man slug and you're telling me that the killer-mains are concerned about people with photosensitivity issues.

    The developers are removing flashlight clicking because they consider it toxic, not because they actually believe killer-main lies about them caring for people with photosensitivity issues. Don't think killer-mains pulled the wool over the developers eyes at all.

    There’s definitely issues with it causing seizures, that part is not a lie. It’s the fact the developers just randomly tagged that onto the PTB, whilst also ignoring the vast other features in the game that also trigger seizures

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210445#Comment_3210445

    “You’re on the wrong side of history” is what people say when they don’t have any facts or logic to argue against you, they just want to shut down the debate

    Honestly, this guy and another guy followed me on other threads to disagree with me. He doesn’t even address what I say, but makes up a random argument

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211161#Comment_3211161

    There’s definitely issues with it causing seizures, that part is not a lie. It’s the fact the developers just randomly tagged that onto the PTB, whilst also ignoring the vast other features in the game that also trigger seizures

    Accessible changes aren't all or nothing.

    The devs can make tweaks to flashlights now and make tweaks to other elements in the game that can cause seizures later. The idea that if the devs don't change literally everything at once then no changes should be made is a bad mindset to have.

    This is a step in the right direction in the same way the colorblindness stuff bhvr added last year was. As long as the devs keep putting out these changes to improve accessibility of the game, I really don't get what the problem is.

  • @BillysWife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210165#Comment_3210165

    I accidentally said the same thing in a different (more emotional and very upset) way on a seprate post, and now im getting called ablest...for calling out corporate ableism...as I am a disabled person and explained how in later comments.. My god make it make sense here.

    the people that are here, are misconstruing what you say to fit an agenda so that they can argue with you.


    I have been in the gaming industry for a long time, I observe what businesses do and have been a part of many diversity programs with my work. Them randomly tagging on a change that is “for the people that suffer with seizures” without making any other changes to other things that cause seizures in the game is just.. yuck.


    I’ve seen this thing before, and I don’t think it’s the last time unfortunately. But there is a weird group of people here that will try to tell you what you are saying or call you names simply because they are not that versed in these topics when it never really affects them.


    im so sorry for your experience with these people.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211119#Comment_3211119

    I understand your point. I don't believe that's OP's opinion though. I believe what they're trying to say is, they don't care that flashlight clicking is getting changed. The change doesn't bother them. What bothers them is that, in their opinion, BHVR's reason for changing the clicking is disingenuous. If I understand correctly, OP believes the change is not about accessibility but is instead intended to benefit Killers by making timing flashlight saves more precise.

    Thanks for actually understanding what I am saying instead of trying to put words in my mouth.


    I never once advocated against the change, or said it shouldn’t come, or that accessibility shouldn’t come into the game. But literally looking at patterns of how BHVR releases things, and how they are currently under-fire. It seems like a last minute addition, just to have a “hey guys! But I did this too!” card.


    the fact that is happens to be a buff to killers is just an additional point to my post, but people blew that bit up too

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211128#Comment_3211128

    Thanks for actually understanding what I am saying instead of trying to put words in my mouth.

    I never once advocated against the change, or said it shouldn’t come, or that accessibility shouldn’t come into the game. But literally looking at patterns of how BHVR releases things, and how they are currently under-fire. It seems like a last minute addition, just to have a “hey guys! But I did this too!” card.

    the fact that is happens to be a buff to killers is just an additional point to my post, but people blew that bit up too

    Then why have you not addressed Spine Chill? its a slam dunk for your argument but you refuse to touch it.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211178#Comment_3211178

    Accessible changes aren't all or nothing.

    The devs can make tweaks to flashlights now and make tweaks to other elements in the game that can cause seizures later. The idea that if the devs don't change literally everything at once then no changes should be made is a bad mindset to have.

    This is a step in the right direction in the same way the colorblindness stuff bhvr added last year was. As long as the devs keep putting out these changes to improve accessibility of the game, I really don't get what the problem is.

    It comes off as disingenuous to me. That’s my problem.


    I didn’t say it should be all or nothing either. I find it contextually to just be a PR move.


    the context being that they are under-fire by almost every group in the game for varying things, including their ambassadors. They usually pre-announce all PTB changes coming to the game, and this was never mentioned. It literally feels like a last minute change with just a reason attached just because.


    i would’ve loved to hear that they hear the community, especially those that suffer from their specific sensitivities and how they are looking to improve the QOL of the disabled people in the community. But it was a small change with a little line tagged at the bottom.

    you are free to disagree about their intentions but I’m not sure why the others feel the need to be so upset that I don’t think BHVR is being honest

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211185#Comment_3211185

    It comes off as disingenuous to me. That’s my problem.

    I didn’t say it should be all or nothing either. I find it contextually to just be a PR move.

    the context being that they are under-fire by almost every group in the game for varying things, including their ambassadors. They usually pre-announce all PTB changes coming to the game, and this was never mentioned. It literally feels like a last minute change with just a reason attached just because.

    i would’ve loved to hear that they hear the community, especially those that suffer from their specific sensitivities and how they are looking to improve the QOL of the disabled people in the community. But it was a small change with a little line tagged at the bottom.

    you are free to disagree about their intentions but I’m not sure why the others feel the need to be so upset that I don’t think BHVR is being honest

    Because most rational people are more happy that people who this affects can play the game safely than your moral outrage at a company doing normal company things.

  • imagine being this upset over people who were having seizures being able to play and enjoy a game without fear. The DBD community never ceases to amaze me.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3211185#Comment_3211185

    It comes off as disingenuous to me. That’s my problem.

    I didn’t say it should be all or nothing either. I find it contextually to just be a PR move.

    the context being that they are under-fire by almost every group in the game for varying things, including their ambassadors. They usually pre-announce all PTB changes coming to the game, and this was never mentioned. It literally feels like a last minute change with just a reason attached just because.

    i would’ve loved to hear that they hear the community, especially those that suffer from their specific sensitivities and how they are looking to improve the QOL of the disabled people in the community. But it was a small change with a little line tagged at the bottom.

    you are free to disagree about their intentions but I’m not sure why the others feel the need to be so upset that I don’t think BHVR is being honest

    You are care more about some insidious intent of the change than you do about people who are positively affected by this change. You aren't some morale compass that you think you are being.

    Also the devs don't pre-announce all the ptb changes. We're lucky we get blogs the week before going over some of the ptb changes before the ptb drops. But we've never gotten a list of every change that will happen on the ptb before the ptb patch notes.

1 2 3