Survivors - Stop begging for heals

I am the only person in solo queue who fixes generators. Stop teabagging next to me when I'm fixing because you're too stupid to use a healing perk. I have better things to do than bail out needy survivors.

Comments

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    depending on the situation it would be more ideal to just heal the person

    damn that ratio compared to the OP is crazy

  • I prioritize speeding up healing others and myself using Botany and Leader.

    It is in my best interest and makes me fantastic blood points as well.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    Gosh, sometimes it's not even a full heal that you have to do. It always depends on the situation (hook states, how many gens are done, perks in play), but you should at least assess the situation instead of just sitting on a gen.

    I remember a game on dead dawg, a dwight refused to finish my heal. I was literally 95% finished healing, my medkit had ran out. I tbagged and gestured for him to come heal me and he didn't move a muscle, the gen was less than 50% done. After doing this for 10 seconds, I hopped on the gen and by that time the killer was starting to come our direction. Instead of attempting to heal me, he just ran away.

    In end game chat he had the audacity to tell me go heal in the boon, which at the time the boon was next to main building and the killer was in chase next to main building. I was near shack and didn't want to run towards the killer since I was on death hook, so I ran to where I knew a teammate was working a gen. No awareness at all. That play potentially lost them the game because once I died, there was still a gen left to do.

    Most games, I will do gens injured and when it's 1 gen left, getting the gen done is more important, but keeping teammates alive is as important as getting the objective done sometimes.

    QOL change with survivor health bars visible at a distance by perk or for free would be interesting.

  • If you unhook me without healing me and the killer is after someone else, damn right I'm gonna teabag at you to heal me

  • Depends highly on the situation and teammate for me.

  • @Zexbunny said:

    If you don't heal me, I won't unhook you. I will 100% leave you to die on hook.

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    Nah, I will keep dunking on you until you get the picture. I have faith you will figure it out even if you need to solo a gen before you understand my meaning.

    @ShinobuSK said:

    I once was healed 85% and was tbagging dwight on his gen to finish me fast. He didnt flinch so I was just standing there watching him repair alone for 30s until killer came.

    Teammates like you are truly something else

    So begging for a heal isn't a request - it's a threat.

  • Would love to not play against you... random ranting because someone does not play the way you want is basically what causes a lot of frustration on your side and anyone that most likely has to deal with your afterchat

  • @TarunCosmo said:

    I think we are overusing the word t-bag.

    There's no chat, communication is limited. I almost want to make a separate post for this.

    At the beginning of the round, if I see another survivor we both double tap crouch, it's like saying "hello". This even goes for reunited, double tap to acknowledge their presence"

    Spam crouches afterdoing gen, "woot woot!"

    Double tap after heals means "thank you".

    Spamming crouch to get a heal usually means "please please please please please please, pleaaaaaaaaase"

    Spamming croush while someone is cleansing a totem, "Let me boon dat shiz, my friend!"

    Crouch to killer:

    Quick pump single crouch, "Come get me" usually in a playful way like a cat or dog ready for a chase.

    long crouches, "Noooo please don't kill me"

    spamming crouches "hahaha, yeah boy"

    On your teammates face after a mori, or in dying state:

    "t-bagging"

    For the totem one, if it's a lit totem and someone's spamming crouch at you, it's probably because it's haunted grounds and they don't want you to cleanse it.

    Little tip: If there are two lit totems on the map, there's no undying, no ruin, no blood favor and the totems would be across from each other if not for all the obstacles in the way, then it's probably haunted grounds.

    On second thought here's a visual representation.

    20220815_184116.png


  • If the gen is 75% or more, im finishing that first. Wait in line 😏

  • Shout out to the teammate who refused to heal me against legion with new thana (or let me heal him, I don't care who gets healed as long as one person is uninjured at all times possible)

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    If they’re not a confident looper, healing them is in your best interest. If they last any longer than 16 seconds in the next chase, it has been worth your while.

    It's actually 32 seconds. It keeps 2 people busy for 16 seconds. A lot of people who aren't confident confident loops will definitely not last 32 seconds in chase after that first hit so you really aren't getting value on a bad player. But bad players will also just hide and do nothing when injured so you are going to lose either way.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    People like you are the reason people still run selfcare

    That's why you bring inner, even with the cleansing totem time, travel time, and healing time, you still get profit than you would from self care

  • Unless there is a pressing need to slam that gen now, or it's versus non-camping Legion and there's no good reason to heal period, it doesn't hurt to just give the person what they want. You don't know what they plan to do next. It's entirely possible the person has an 80% heal bar and you're the idiot here.

    All true self-healing perks are either CoH or actively bad for you if your teammates are running them (Pharmacy wastes buttloads of time and causes risky play, Inner Strength prevents CoH, and Self-Care is Self-Care.) Unless the gen needs to be completed, dole out that heal. You're complaining about solo queue, and yeah, there's a lot of stupid to go around - but from where I'm standing, you're part of that problem.

  • Isn't that what teammates are for? The smartest thing to do though would be for both of you to work together, 99% the gen, and then heal them. Can't communicate that so, I would just get the bloodpoints for healing them and just do it, or bring the healing boon perk for everyone

  • Survivors need to have patience, if you’re on death hook sure i’ll heal you but if I have a gen almost popped please give me 2 seconds.

  • Example: I have Prove Thyself and we have 1 gen left. The guy Tbagging me for a heal instead of doing the gen is in the wrong.

    The fact is, it is often the correct play to remain injured. And if you’re a good Survivor, then you will know when that situation arises.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Survivors need to have patience, if you’re on death hook sure i’ll heal you but if I have a gen almost popped please give me 2 seconds.

    This is an obvious difference between lower mmr and higher mmr. Low mmr players want the heal first, high mmr players finish gens first (unless they are on death hook).

  • @Laluzi said:

    Unless there is a pressing need to slam that gen now, or it's versus non-camping Legion and there's no good reason to heal period, it doesn't hurt to just give the person what they want. You don't know what they plan to do next. It's entirely possible the person has an 80% heal bar and you're the idiot here.

    All true self-healing perks are either CoH or actively bad for you if your teammates are running them (Pharmacy wastes buttloads of time and causes risky play, Inner Strength prevents CoH, and Self-Care is Self-Care.) Unless the gen needs to be completed, dole out that heal. You're complaining about solo queue, and yeah, there's a lot of stupid to go around - but from where I'm standing, you're part of that problem.

    If THEY want to be full health, why didn't THEY bring CoH themselves? They're free to be a burden on the rest of the team, but I'm also free to not help them in their selfishness and lack of independence.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340365/survivors-stop-begging-for-heals

    And the developers were like, let's nerf "Self Care", survivors should get heals from teammates!

    Nerfing self-care was a massive buff to survivors. Now they don't waste huge amounts of time self-caring and they bring more medkits which are the best item in the game. It's like a double super buff.

  • @DeleteSWF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136009#Comment_3136009

    If THEY want to be full health, why didn't THEY bring CoH themselves? They're free to be a burden on the rest of the team, but I'm also free to not help them in their selfishness and lack of independence.

    I can't tell if you are trolling at this point. As others have said, whether or not healing the other survivor is a good tactical decision depends on what is happening and what the game state is like.

    Even if you think it would have been better for the other survivor to go do something else you have to react to what is happening in the game. In this scenario its often better to just heal them even if you don't want to because one person doing a generator and one person doing literally nothing isn't giving you the best chance of escaping.

  • This is such a bad take.

    The begging survivor might have just had their med-kit run out or had someone else healing them and got interrupted and be 95% healed and all you have to do is get off the gen for 4 seconds to finish them off.

    If a survivor comes up to me to beg for a heal I will almost always heal them first. If they hop on the gen, then we do the gen. I'd rather do the heal before completing the gen usually because popping the gen announces our location to the killer.

    It's people like the OP that make SoloQ a nightmare. To players like them you're not a member of a team trying to win, you're just a bunch of randoms trying to survive. "Save them from the hook? Are you kidding? They shouldn't have got hooked in the first place!"

1 2 ›