Please stop dcing and suiciding on hook...

I understand the game is not easy right now for solo players, specially not with the amount of killers that are stacking slowdowns and camping/tunneling in the majority of games, but please stop giving up so early.

Since the update came out I think 90% of my matches have had at least one person suicide/disconnect at 4/5 gens, and gens taking so long to repair it's impossible to escape in a 3v1.

My escape rate right now is at easily 15-20% and it sure is not because of "dead hard" since I didn't even use it before the update, but because most of my games end up in a 3v1 at 4/5 gens or everyone just slugged at the same time.

It's ok to not like these changes and how tedious doing gens is right now, but take that into account before loading up into a game and ruining the last bit of it for everyone else who is still trying their best.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Spcmcory said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082293#Comment_3082293

    So I did what you said and 1 gen got done. Not for me, the game is destroyed for average level survivors or lower, on solo queue. Running sb and ds but still tunneled off hook. Update did nothing to resolved this problem.

    MMR is still broken, teamed up with weak survivors and getting killers that are clearly a lot better. I've started playing killer and you can tell how bad it is because I'm queuing 10 mins for a game as killer, no-one wants to play survivor.

    Not every game is going to be good. Right now, most of them are going to be pretty bad for solo q survivors. I'm aware that a lot of killers are still camping and tunneling, but there is something you cannot control unfortunately.

    I advise you to not use DS anymore though, it is completely useless.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082436#Comment_3082436

    Here you go:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/334406/please-increase-the-dc-penalty-and-do-something-about-hook-suicide

    Sure they aren't enjoying the game either, and honestly I'm not having a good old time either, but suiciding/dcing just makes that not so great time into a even more miserable one for everyone else.

    If I had it my way, a giant message would pop up in a game where a survivor DC'd/suicided one too many times and it would tell the remaining survivors, killer:

    "Congratulations, you have watched this player sabotage a game for the last time. They will never be seen again."

    And they're never seen again, because they're injected into bot matches or banned or given a 2 month DC penalty.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082455#Comment_3082455

    Not every game is going to be good. Right now, most of them are going to be pretty bad for solo q survivors. I'm aware that a lot of killers are still camping and tunneling, but there is something you cannot control unfortunately.

    I advise you to not use DS anymore though, it is completely useless.

    I agree, I never used ds before but wanted to see how bad it is now. Every game is an absolute joke as a solo. I'm trying killer and if that sucks, then the game is gone

  • @Spcmcory said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082473#Comment_3082473

    I agree, I never used ds before but wanted to see how bad it is now. Every game is an absolute joke as a solo. I'm trying killer and if that sucks, then the game is gone

    Killer is easy breathy beautiful now. I was losing about 30% of my matches before the patch. Now it's about 10%. Try STBFL if you want 5 second chases. It stacks with the hit cool down buff.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082289#Comment_3082289

    It's funny how some of you claim to want better solo q, yet here I am, someone who mains solo q asking you people to stop ruining it even more and you refuse.

    I'm here in the SoloQ with you, I don't DC or kill myself on hook, and I've been having a great time with the extra challenge. I've actually been playing more survivor then killer since this update.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082293#Comment_3082293

    I'm here in the SoloQ with you, I don't DC or kill myself on hook, and I've been having a great time with the extra challenge. I've actually been playing more survivor then killer since this update.

    No challenge in a 3v1 at 4/5 gens now, it's just a lost game.

  • Look, we all agree that solo q, which was already pretty unplayable, has managed to become even worse. We all WANT to play solo q but then when we face the reality of the ######### that it is we take different paths - some quit, some play it out. I understand both sides but personally, I leave the terrible games (games with DCs, quits, or vs oppressive BS like nurse, blight, pinhead w/franklins, camp bubba, etc) and here’s the reasons:

    • - At game start it is theoretically a fair game. I will play. Once it becomes unfair I’m not wasting my time fighting an unwinnable and annoying fight against some a hole that doesn’t care that it’s unfair.
    • - If you just play it out, the killer has a fine game and isn’t affected by the BS. He just goes on thinking he’s amazing and nothing is wrong with the game. As stated by others, leaving the game is my best way to honestly show what I want to show: “I want to play the game but in this game it became so awful I had to leave. Look at the data devs. See why.”

    And for those advocating even worse DC penalties, please stop. People leave because the game is terrible. Don’t punish them for leaving. You need to fix the root cause - the terrible imbalance of solo q. The DC penalty does nothing except force me to be in more varieties of awful games like when the killer slugs for the 4k and/or gets a teammate to turn traitor to find you. The DC penalty is god awful and frankly just cruel. Stop forcing people to play bad games because you can’t figure out how to properly balance them and/or you won’t acknowledge the toxic play of many many killers.

  • - Kindred basekit with 12m killer aura

    - Basekit BT/movement speed increased to 10 seconds

    - DS stun time back to 5 seconds

    - Gens take 85 seconds

    Do you think that would help improve solo queue a little bit @Marigoria ?

  • @Marigoria said:

    I understand the game is not easy right now for solo players, specially not with the amount of killers that are stacking slowdowns and camping/tunneling in the majority of games, but please stop giving up so early.

    Since the update came out I think 90% of my matches have had at least one person suicide/disconnect at 4/5 gens, and gens taking so long to repair it's impossible to escape in a 3v1.

    My escape rate right now is at easily 15-20% and it sure is not because of "dead hard" since I didn't even use it before the update, but because most of my games end up in a 3v1 at 4/5 gens or everyone just slugged at the same time.

    It's ok to not like these changes and how tedious doing gens is right now, but take that into account before loading up into a game and ruining the last bit of it for everyone else who is still trying their best.

    If you're not enjoying the game at the moment, don't play it. I don't understand why these people queue into matches they obviously don't want to play at all while dragging everyone else down with them. It really amplifies how horrible the solo survivor experience is at the moment. Nobody is forcing them to play. I don't get it.

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336406/please-stop-dcing-and-suiciding-on-hook

    If you're not enjoying the game at the moment, don't play it. I don't understand why these people queue into matches they obviously don't want to play at all while dragging everyone else down with them. It really amplifies how horrible the solo survivor experience is at the moment. Nobody is forcing them to play. I don't get it.

    Well, I kind of want my battle pass items. So while I am not necessarily thrilled to play, I am probably going to just to grind hours. Papa needs that Jane recolor. Even though I did not buy Jane. But I did not buy Jane because her base cosmetic is bad.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I understand the game is not easy right now for solo players, specially not with the amount of killers that are stacking slowdowns and camping/tunneling in the majority of games, but please stop giving up so early.

    Since the update came out I think 90% of my matches have had at least one person suicide/disconnect at 4/5 gens, and gens taking so long to repair it's impossible to escape in a 3v1.

    My escape rate right now is at easily 15-20% and it sure is not because of "dead hard" since I didn't even use it before the update, but because most of my games end up in a 3v1 at 4/5 gens or everyone just slugged at the same time.

    It's ok to not like these changes and how tedious doing gens is right now, but take that into account before loading up into a game and ruining the last bit of it for everyone else who is still trying their best.

    "But you don't get iiiiiit! I can't use the perks i've been using for 5 fudging years and I dont know how to plat without themmmm! How am I supposed to loop the killer when I can't loop exactly three times and dead hard a fourth? The gane is literally ruinnnedddd but I still play itttttt!"

    -Survivor-ONLY Main#42069

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336406/please-stop-dcing-and-suiciding-on-hook

    "But you don't get iiiiiit! I can't use the perks i've been using for 5 fudging years and I dont know how to plat without themmmm! How am I supposed to loop the killer when I can't loop exactly three times and dead hard a fourth? The gane is literally ruinnnedddd but I still play itttttt!"

    -Survivor-ONLY Main#42069

    You're missing the point.

  • @Tsukah said:

    - Kindred basekit with 12m killer aura

    - Basekit BT/movement speed increased to 10 seconds

    - DS stun time back to 5 seconds

    - Gens take 85 seconds

    Do you think that would help improve solo queue a little bit @Marigoria ?

    Yes, that would be a really big good start indeed.

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082245#Comment_3082245

    Not up to you.

    If I've done 3 gens and the other survivors are doing nothing I'm killing myself on hook, let them all die because they clearly don't want to escape.

    this 100%

  • before the update was bad enough. Plague? Give up. Legion? Give up. Pinhead? Give up. Found first? Give up. deliverance? Give up. Found with Distortion? Give up. Franklins? Give up.

    It's crazy now

  • Nah, as long as I keep seeing Nurses, Blights and Legions almost every game stacking slow down then I'll just keep killing myself until I get a game where I'm vsing a different killer

  • @Tsukah said:

    - Kindred basekit with 12m killer aura

    - Basekit BT/movement speed increased to 10 seconds

    - DS stun time back to 5 seconds

    - Gens take 85 seconds

    Do you think that would help improve solo queue a little bit @Marigoria ?

    Nope, those will benefit Non-Soloqueue players more than Solo Queue.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082279#Comment_3082279

    He didn't make the changes. Devs did. You are confusing symptom of the desease with the disease itself.

    Unfortunately nothing the devs do will stop a bad teammate being bad. You can be the best looper,the most altruistic teammate,the best gen jockey out there,but if even one of your teammates is doing nothing you can’t win because it’s a 4v1 and not a 3v1 or 1v1.

  • I figure the ones that DC/suicide are same ones that would've been useless all match anyway waiting for hatch. It's just felt more now by the surviving players thanks to the killer buffs. I find it more frustrating when they stay in the match being useless, atleast with them gone I can knowingly say we were short a player rather than question why nothing was getting done with a full team.

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082700#Comment_3082700

    Nope, those will benefit Non-Soloqueue players more than Solo Queue.

    how does that benefit Non-Solo queue players?

    SWF get all that for fun right now......

    maybe not DS stun time back to 5 seconds and Gens take 85 seconds

  • I swear if I could know beforehand who the killer was I wouldn't do it as much as I do.

    But after so many Legions (regardless of Thana) and terrible nurses who just win because of their broken builds, I just can't take them any longer.

    Man I had a hag (HAG!!!) that played like every hag in existence, yet I actually enjoyed that game

  • @egg_ said:

    I swear if I could know beforehand who the killer was I wouldn't do it as much as I do.

    But after so many Legions (regardless of Thana) and terrible nurses who just win because of their broken builds, I just can't take them any longer.

    Man I had a hag (HAG!!!) that played like every hag in existence, yet I actually enjoyed that game

    That would never work unfortunately since people would always dodge the strongest killers like nurse and blight .

  • @MaudetteClorel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082319#Comment_3082319

    Unfortunately nothing the devs do will stop a bad teammate being bad. You can be the best looper,the most altruistic teammate,the best gen jockey out there,but if even one of your teammates is doing nothing you can’t win because it’s a 4v1 and not a 3v1 or 1v1.

    Ohhh, it's actually very easy to make bad teammates avoidable. It was possible before when we had ranks displayed. Everyone knew that rank 10 teammate doesn't belong in rank 1 lobby. And it can be made avoidable now if MMR is displayed or SBMM made stricter.

  • @bm33 said:

    I figure the ones that DC/suicide are same ones that would've been useless all match anyway waiting for hatch. It's just felt more now by the surviving players thanks to the killer buffs. I find it more frustrating when they stay in the match being useless, atleast with them gone I can knowingly say we were short a player rather than question why nothing was getting done with a full team.

    Well you figure incorrectly. If anything it’s the reverse. The ignorant, inexperienced players don’t know any better and don’t realize how unfair and how intolerable the game is. It’s the experienced ones that know the BS that is ruining decent games that check out.

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082700#Comment_3082700

    Nope, those will benefit Non-Soloqueue players more than Solo Queue.

    DhYGYs6WkAAScEU.jpg

    What?

  • I'm a non-lethal killer and I'm getting people DCing and I'm currently in a match where someone who wasn't AFK killed themselves by zombie, bled out on the ground. I'm so confused.

  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082776#Comment_3082776

    Well you figure incorrectly. If anything it’s the reverse. The ignorant, inexperienced players don’t know any better and don’t realize how unfair and how intolerable the game is. It’s the experienced ones that know the BS that is ruining decent games that check out.

    Has nothing to do with being experienced/inexperienced. Both experienced/inexperienced quit when they are not happy with the way the game is going. Both experienced/inexperienced can be useless doing nothing all match waiting for hatch.

  • @Moxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082293#Comment_3082293

    Yup, I don't care.

    Game tutorial says I can play as Altruistic or as selfish as I want.

    As I said, when they correct the situation that you said yourself "is a really rough time" I will stick it out.

    Actually I can really respect this. I genuinely believe you're 100% correct lol

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082317#Comment_3082317

    Actually I can really respect this. I genuinely believe you're 100% correct lol

    You respect people ruining solo q, nice to know.

  • I respect the idea behind it. Nobody cares about solo Q.


    Behaviour doesn't care about solo Q, they only delivered empty promises for years, blatant lies. Killers don't care about solo Q, and SWF doesn't care about solo Q.


    Apparently, even solo Q players (self proclaimed) don't care about solo Q. At this point, since this is an absolute joke, I 100% support giving everyone what they want. They want a ######### show and they want a joke? let them have exactly that.

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083098#Comment_3083098

    I respect the idea behind it. Nobody cares about solo Q.

    Behaviour doesn't care about solo Q, they only delivered empty promises for years, blatant lies. Killers don't care about solo Q, and SWF doesn't care about solo Q.

    Apparently, even solo Q players (self proclaimed) don't care about solo Q. At this point, since this is an absolute joke, I 100% support giving everyone what they want. They want a ######### show and they want a joke? let them have exactly that.

    I care about solo q.

    You guys solution to fix solo q is to make it even more miserable than it already is. You're adding to the problem, not fixing it.

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083098#Comment_3083098

    I respect the idea behind it. Nobody cares about solo Q.

    Behaviour doesn't care about solo Q, they only delivered empty promises for years, blatant lies. Killers don't care about solo Q, and SWF doesn't care about solo Q.

    Apparently, even solo Q players (self proclaimed) don't care about solo Q. At this point, since this is an absolute joke, I 100% support giving everyone what they want. They want a ######### show and they want a joke? let them have exactly that.

    No that’s not true, a lot of us care about solo q and see that it needs help.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083122#Comment_3083122

    I care about solo q.

    You guys solution to fix solo q is to make it even more miserable than it already is. You're adding to the problem, not fixing it.

    You know what doesn't fix it? stroking killers and actually trying, when we're consistently shat on by everyone. I've tried my best for so many years and put up with the most awful matches and team mates, and I honestly had enough. Let everything burn lol

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083009#Comment_3083009

    Has nothing to do with being experienced/inexperienced. Both experienced/inexperienced quit when they are not happy with the way the game is going. Both experienced/inexperienced can be useless doing nothing all match waiting for hatch.

    Not gonna argue this minor point beyond this, but yes experience matters. How can you not see that? Someone brand new to the game might keep playing regardless because they don’t know much about it. Experienced players have seen this stuff 100000 times and know when things are beyond saving. And your prior point is still wrong. I argue that any correlation between the quitters and their skill / contribution level would show, if anything, that they are the ones that actually do stuff and they quit because any hard work is worthless in an unfair game. I’m not going to run around trying to win like I usually do when it’s pointless. Potatoes can be potatoes in both good and bad games.

  • I just had a survivor match on the garden of joy against a Legion. We had three gens done. Killer had not even had a hook yet. This Jake goes down and dc's. His first down. Killer's first hook. Two gens left. On a very survivor sided map.

    We still won and got three out, but I looked at Jake's build and he had Deliverance. He dc'ed because he didn't get to use his Deliverance 🙄

  • DCing over any in-game reason that isn't a cheater or game-breaking bug (eg, permanently stuck in a hill) is pathetic and immature.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I understand the game is not easy right now for solo players, specially not with the amount of killers that are stacking slowdowns and camping/tunneling in the majority of games, but please stop giving up so early.

    Since the update came out I think 90% of my matches have had at least one person suicide/disconnect at 4/5 gens, and gens taking so long to repair it's impossible to escape in a 3v1.

    My escape rate right now is at easily 15-20% and it sure is not because of "dead hard" since I didn't even use it before the update, but because most of my games end up in a 3v1 at 4/5 gens or everyone just slugged at the same time.

    It's ok to not like these changes and how tedious doing gens is right now, but take that into account before loading up into a game and ruining the last bit of it for everyone else who is still trying their best.

    I'm not DCing or Suiciding.

    I stopped playing this mess after this "degrading patch" (after 6 years and 3k hours).

    Everyone in this toxic community told me, they welcome my quitting, i will not be missed, etc.

    So enjoy the rest of the trolls, that left in this game. :)

    *Grabs another popcorn*

  • Honestly I think that people who suicide on hook should be forced to queue with other people on suicide on hook or at least more likely to. It’d be pretty easy to figure it out. Ultimately no matter what BHVR does with the game balance someone is going to find an excuse to suicide on hook.

    Slippery meat and luck does exist but those perks are never used by people who suicide on hook because they only get three attempts instead of six.

  • Seriously though, these people whine and moan but they continue queueing up anyway. Play something else if you're not enjoying DBD. Maybe try Civilization!

  • ######### the Devs, thev'ye destroyed this game. I want my money back

  • @Spcmcory said:

    ######### the Devs, thev'ye destroyed this game. I want my money back

    You want your money back for a game you've been playing for how many years now because DH has been nerfed and killers got buffed significantly for only the second time ever?

1 2 ›