10 survivor games tonight, no Spirits
I swear I'm just super unlucky. Isn't she supposed to be super common right now? Everyone else gets games against her, why don't I? I just wanna play against the love of my life, is that too much to ask for? Please DBD gods, I'll do anything, I'll play perkless Clown and perkless Twins back to back if that's what it takes.
Comments
you aren't unlucky... remember what i said to you before: just because a single perk was changed (iron will), you won't see spirits for the simple fact that this killer is bad aganist survivors with a modicum of brain... sure she can still be annoying with her strongest addons, but:
1 people don't have unlimited strong addons (expensive and rare, especially now that the reworked bloodweb will gave you more brown and yellow items rather than green, purple and red addons)
2 she doesn't have any form of antiloop (her power is based only on her MS, she can't do nothing aganist pallets or windows and she can still be easily spotted if you aren't deaf)
3 people will probably prefer killers that aren't addon dependant
I played against 2 Spirits, one of them had Stridor. :( It felt like gold old days.
1 this is what YOU PERSONALLY think (which mind you is still fine tho, each one can have a proper view of the general "picture" of the game)
2 i can give you a valid example of what i just said... imagine to being in a map like midwitch (to be precise in the room with the window, 1 brekable door and 2 pallet: you phase in order to catch a survivor but the window will deny any kind of counterplay because YOU CAN'T VAULT while phasing so with this i already proved that her power doesn't have any kind of antiloop because you can't counter window like huntress, doc, etc etc can for example but i can go on if you want... you break the door but the survivor has still that window plus 2 pallets available, one for each room... with that in mind you can't phase without problems cause your power can't be spammed and it will pass 15 seconds before you can use it again, until that time you are a simple m1 with a lesser MS... but even in the case you can phase in the survivor position he can still hear you and vault again the window and reach the other pallet, effectively wasting your power with just a simple loop...)
3 all the killer in the game are addon dependant, but there are some that are just unplayable without them and spirit if you are aganist a decent team is one of those imo
Iron will is not why me and probably many other people arent playing her so this patch isnt really changing that with spirit.
Unless they killswitch nurse again dont expect a lot of spirits
I've versed one. Got killed by the other survivors though (bloody sandbag by incompetence)
It didn't occurred to me to play her. My issue with her is the "tell" survivor get when she is phasing toward them. It made her way too easy to juke and really not fun (from both sides).
It's my experience of course. I expect someone who has mastered her can handle these issues. However, I can't and apparently neither can the Spirits I've versed.
Well maybe one day you’ll play against my Spirit :)
If you are in Europe (likely unless you are about to get to bed) it's likely ;). You will not recognize me though this name I have is unique to this forum.
She is too clunky to be used without extreme strength she had, I don't think it gonna change that much no matter what.
I’m in east NA rip.
Indeed.
I ran into her once in my 6-7 games. It's somewhat nice to see her show up again.
I have yet to play against her. Mostly legion, bubba and huntress
I wish I can say the same 😖
Tonight I have played against:
And none of my sweetheart. It’s a bit aggravating how some of these killers are super rare yet I still get them over Spirit.
The restraining order she put out against you is still in effect. Please learn to accept that she just isn't interrested in you.
Get some help, we are worried about you man :(
(Jk)
She is, and she is awful to go against. 3 games I have had against her and those 3 games were unbearably sweaty.
Not only did I get the Spirit but I got the AoT Spirit as my first Spirit match after the update! It only took 4 matches too. Lucky me I guess. 😁
I had a Spirit on my very first match after the patch
She looks like Dark Souls boss on this map with this skin lol. The atmosphere also supports it.
She kind of does actually now that you mention it. It definitely spooked the hell out of me when I first saw this Spirit running past me. 😂
Yeah people kinda saw the spirit nerf and completely dropped her because she actually takes some skill to play now.
While IW has been nerfed it’s good to mention that OTR does still hard counter her for 80 seconds after an unhook. That and new lightweight is probably annoying to deal with for her
Just get a streamer to say she's OP and people will play her again.
But at the same time survivors will start complaining again and try to get her nerfed.
The one Spirit I've versed looked like a true apparition.
(Don't mind the comment, I was pissed ...)
My first game post-patch was against a spirit with the new skin, I had lightweight on :)
I faced her last night and it actually felt like one of the more balanced games of the night! I think we all had fun that game, shocking!
Spirit needs to be able to go through walls and objects in spirit form then i think players might give her more of a chance again. Her D audio nerf really left a sour taste in our mouths and while its not the worst thing in the world I dont see more players giving her a go until someone big makes her popular again.
Lucky Break buff and new Lightweight rework + Boon: Shadow Step still exists.
Also people who use ears can predrop / mindgame her better than she can mindgame them sometimes.
She is still very good killer but I would say you probably need some decent addons to help you if you want to win.
No. We don't need another Nurse.
Sorry, I was borrowing her to show off to some mates. They agreed she was neat.
I played Spirit last night! I still got a 4K with the new changes. I guess it's because I have really good headphones and can hear footsteps really well? Spirit is one of my favorite killers and I don't plan on stopping after the update. If we come across in the fog, good luck! I might even be merciful... 😉
Yui trained her for awhile, its paid off
1 just because you played a ton a killer doesn't mean that your opinion is absolute, otherwise we should take for granted everything that streamers with over 8k hours say
2 it isn't, you have a limited use of your power, not to mention that you have to charge it before using it and that loop is sufficient to waste EASILY at least 30 seconds before you hit someone (unless you are against complete potatoes) while blight can easily rush towards your position and hit you even before you reach the window since he can instantly rush unlike spirit...
3 not necessarily a 4k... Even to do half of your objective (6 hooks) is almost impossible when you are against good survivors... You just don't have enough time to handle them (but this is a problem for the entire roster, minus nurse and blight)
Please no. That sounds so unfun for both sides.
Lucky you got her at all 😞
Why not just play her
I do. Like a lot. Probably too much sometimes.
I faced a spirit today
she was playing fruit ninja (mad grit starstruck agi)
fun game
I've only played 1 game so far. It was against nemmy
Your date will come soon my friend
I can’t wait. We’re going to spend so much time together in HOY!
Are you on console by chance?
If not if you want to face spirits it's recommended to play on console lol
I love the smoke effect on the aot skin for that very reason lok
I’m on PC and have cross-play enabled.
Heck, I'll trade with you, bonus, the Spirits I faced were sweethearts and kind overall, I'll sacrifice so you can have them. Long live Spirit.
I just wanna play against more Ghostface's 😔
I’ll take it. Sweaty or chill, I just wanna play against my baby girl 😭
I would also trade in the chance to go up against more bubbas and twins lol
I absolutely love going against those two although twins players are a endangered species
Sorry I haven't faced many Bubba's or Twins, but if I do, I'll send em your way ^^
As an old Spirit main I have to disagree with you. I mean yes, it can be that way if the player makes it so. However, if you can generate map pressure and play tactfully, she can be a force to be reckoned with. I never had trouble going against survivors with IW, even though I never used Whispers/Stridor. Once you get the hang of how to play her, you really don't need to rely so heavily on one aspect to locate/down survivors.
The biggest issue are just some of the map designs, and that has nothing to do with any of the killers really.