Who do you think will be the next character for LGBT representation?

I really feel like it’s going to Yui as a lesbian. There’s nothing in her lore that teases she’s attracted to guys and she’s around a lot of other women in the lore as well. She does have a male friend as well, but he (forgot his name) is almost like a brother to her.

I would love to see a second tome of her coming out as lesbian just like what they did for David. This is another great opportunity BHVR. Let my girl have her time, I’d be so proud for her if this were true.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Sir, she's already have a whole harem.

    image.png


  • i kinda hope the next one will be a new character introduced with being LGBTQ+ in their base background story (partly because then we have direct evidence that people would have a problem with that as well despite what some people like to claim)

    also I hope it won’t be L or G but rather some representation that is actually still rarely seen in media (trans, aro/ace etc)

  • You’re drawings are always so good.

  • Claud is asexual, Yui is lesbian and next new original survivor is trans.


    Good enough for me.

  • As long as it's written well I don't really mind who they end up expanding on.

    I just hope people don't freak out again, the forums were a mess for almost a week when the David tome came out.

  • @Mooks said:

    i kinda hope the next one will be a new character introduced with being LGBTQ+ in their base background story (partly because then we have direct evidence that people would have a problem with that as well despite what some people like to claim)

    also I hope it won’t be L or G but rather some representation that is actually still rarely seen in media (trans, aro/ace etc)

    I would be down with this as well.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    As long as it's written well I don't really mind who they end up expanding on.

    I just hope people don't freak out again, the forums were a mess for almost a week when the David tome came out.

    I just hope people don't freak out again, the forums were a mess for almost a week when the David tome came out.

    lol. We all know what’s gonna happen (though I would LOVE to get proven wrong)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044974#Comment_3044974

    I just hope people don't freak out again, the forums were a mess for almost a week when the David tome came out.

    lol. We all know what’s gonna happen (though I would LOVE to get proven wrong)

    I mean some people had some valid criticism, there was some discussion to be had

    But then there was a bunch of people just being like "im never playing david again, i want a refund!!!" like

    jeez.


    I'm optimistic.

  • Nea’s gay as hell, all hail the queer skater queen

  • I hope they focus on other things.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    I hope they focus on other things.

    Like what?

  • I just don't think the sexuality of a character matters, that's just my opinion.

  • Get ready for this thread to be swarmed by people yelling about how much they don't care about this :p

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044993#Comment_3044993

    I just don't think the sexuality of a character matters, that's just my opinion.

    It matters to a lot of us though.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044993#Comment_3044993

    I just don't think the sexuality of a character matters, that's just my opinion.

    It is already in game for years. David had gf (before last tome David was known as straight) and Nurse had husband as well.

  • Ditto! what is trivial to you means a great deal to me and many other and how our sexuality is reflected and represented.

  • e: a mod edited my comment because i said I wanted to piss off homophobes, thanks for protecting the feelings of bigots I guess!

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044997#Comment_3044997

    It is already in game for years. David had gf (before last tome David was known as straight) and Nurse had husband as well.

    but of course no one complained when it was just the straights 😑

  • why does this even matter?

  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045008#Comment_3045008

    but of course no one complained when it was just the straights 😑

    Facts.

    I am straight and i do wanna LGBT characters in DbD. Because we already have some straight characters.

  • I hope they release a good mix of people. =3

  • @GamerEzra said:

    I hope they focus on other things.

    No one asked for them to focus on it.

    only the staff that is involved with lore and character design etc will be involved anyway, and they would just be focusing on other lore stuff if not sexuality so 🤷‍♂️

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    why does this even matter?

    Because of the long history of prejudice and discrimination that LGBT people have had to go through. Representation is a big deal to us.

  • they should add me i'm pretty cool i think

  • Your art gives me life!! 💙

  • My guess is that the next LGBTQ+ character is going to be an entirely new one, for the same reasons as stated above.

  • Genuinely praying for Claudette to be asexual like it just makes sense.

    Jake as well would be perfect because of the themes of his lore, manifesting trans or pan Jake. Or both.

    New characters would be nice just to prove people wrong that "it wouldn't be a problem if they were new" because we all know it absolutely would be

    Spirit, as well, would be a good pick because of the lore of her stories and overall themes within the Yamaoka stories. Even if she is a killer it'd be sick, especially since she's one of the more sympathetic ones and the only thing she feels is rage so you can hardly call her Rin anymore.

    Also off the topic of that, Yui would be great. Not because of her lore exactly but the general themes within her character, within Cursed Legacy and again by extension the entire Yamaoka storyline.


    Also I'd say "inb4 the why does it matter crowd" but they're already here yay ✨

  • @AnneBonny said:

    they should add me i'm pretty cool i think

    Do you come with a perk that spawns a dnokey

  • This is going to get out of hand.

    I'm going to predic that some uninformed person is going to say "they should be focusing on balancing the game not introducing sexuality"

    Anyone want to bet?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    This is going to get out of hand.

    I'm going to predic that some uninformed person is going to say "they should be focusing on balancing the game not introducing sexuality"

    Anyone want to bet?

    It will happen eventually. I’m waiting patiently for it.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045060#Comment_3045060

    It will happen eventually. I’m waiting patiently for it.

    There should be a bingo card out of this

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045016#Comment_3045016

    Well if BHVR’s goal in LGBT representation is to piss people off, then they miss the point of representation.

    No actually they have a point, spread the gay agenda throughout the entire cast until suddenly it's revealed the Entity only takes queer people. Plot twist.

    (obligatory /s)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Genuinely praying for Claudette to be asexual like it just makes sense.

    Jake as well would be perfect because of the themes of his lore, manifesting trans or pan Jake. Or both.

    New characters would be nice just to prove people wrong that "it wouldn't be a problem if they were new" because we all know it absolutely would be

    Spirit, as well, would be a good pick because of the lore of her stories and overall themes within the Yamaoka stories. Even if she is a killer it'd be sick, especially since she's one of the more sympathetic ones and the only thing she feels is rage so you can hardly call her Rin anymore.

    Also off the topic of that, Yui would be great. Not because of her lore exactly but the general themes within her character, within Cursed Legacy and again by extension the entire Yamaoka storyline.

    Also I'd say "inb4 the why does it matter crowd" but they're already here yay ✨

    How does it make sense? I don't know much about Claudette lore.

  • In all seriousness, I do hope they introduce more queer people to the cast on both sides. Representation is super important, and horror films and queerness have always been intertwined.

  • @H2H said:

    In all seriousness, I do hope they introduce more queer people to the cast on both sides. Representation is super important, and horror and queerness have always been intertwined.

    For sure. I’d love to see representation for a lot of the more niche and less well known sexualities as well, like pan and ace.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045021#Comment_3045021

    No actually they have a point, spread the gay agenda throughout the entire cast until suddenly it's revealed the Entity only takes queer people. Plot twist.

    (obligatory /s)

    Well in that case bring it on.

  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045055#Comment_3045055

    How does it make sense? I don't know much about Claudette lore.

    The themes behind Claudette's tome story is that she doesn't fit in, she never has and likely never will. It's about self acceptance and getting support to help realise that you don't have to fit in to be happy and successful, and she finds joy in things most children don't (like Botany/General biology). She's very neurodivergent-coded and it's a popular fan theory she has autism through the way she's portrayed and how they describe her.

    Asexual/aromantic people are still fighting for wide-spread acceptance into the LGBT community, and from society as a whole. "Oh it's just a phase, you'll find someone to settle down with eventually you'll like" is fairly common. They don't fit in, especially in the very hypersexual society we live in currently. And the themes of Claudette's tome support this- you don't have to fit in, don't have to be normal, don't have to conform to parental standards to accept yourself and be happy with who you are. It's a story of self-acceptance, of finding support, and that it's okay to not conform to societal standards.

    A lot of queer people can relate to this message, particularly trans and aro/ace people from my conversations with them (though I haven't interviewed every queer person alive, so I speak from my own limited experience here). I just think that it would fit well within her character and the themes she embodies.

  • Blight please...?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Genuinely praying for Claudette to be asexual like it just makes sense.

    Jake as well would be perfect because of the themes of his lore, manifesting trans or pan Jake. Or both.

    New characters would be nice just to prove people wrong that "it wouldn't be a problem if they were new" because we all know it absolutely would be

    Spirit, as well, would be a good pick because of the lore of her stories and overall themes within the Yamaoka stories. Even if she is a killer it'd be sick, especially since she's one of the more sympathetic ones and the only thing she feels is rage so you can hardly call her Rin anymore.

    Also off the topic of that, Yui would be great. Not because of her lore exactly but the general themes within her character, within Cursed Legacy and again by extension the entire Yamaoka storyline.

    Also I'd say "inb4 the why does it matter crowd" but they're already here yay ✨

    Exactly. People are getting tunneled out for wearing pride charms. Release a character directly related to the LGBTQ from the out, and they'll get targeted too. I mean, look at what happened at Lisa's release, and that was over "principle" too, lol.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045073#Comment_3045073

    The themes behind Claudette's tome story is that she doesn't fit in, she never has and likely never will. It's about self acceptance and getting support to help realise that you don't have to fit in to be happy and successful, and she finds joy in things most children don't (like Botany/General biology). She's very neurodivergent-coded and it's a popular fan theory she has autism through the way she's portrayed and how they describe her.

    Asexual/aromantic people are still fighting for wide-spread acceptance into the LGBT community, and from society as a whole. "Oh it's just a phase, you'll find someone to settle down with eventually you'll like" is fairly common. They don't fit in, especially in the very hypersexual society we live in currently. And the themes of Claudette's tome support this- you don't have to fit in, don't have to be normal, don't have to conform to parental standards to accept yourself and be happy with who you are. It's a story of self-acceptance, of finding support, and that it's okay to not conform to societal standards.

    A lot of queer people can relate to this message, particularly trans and aro/ace people from my conversations with them (though I haven't interviewed every queer person alive, so I speak from my own limited experience here). I just think that it would fit well within her character and the themes she embodies.

    ah okay, thank you for explaining. I can definitely see where you are coming fun. It would be great to have a asexual survivor.

  • I don't care who, but I just wish it is "hidden" next time in the tome story for you to find out. I think the whole sudden "hey David is gay now" on twitter / social media when his lore was not even out was not the best and then it gives many people feel like "being forced". Just find it out in the story. At least wait a bit after the story comes out before making it a big boom on a twitter.

  • @GannTM said:

    I really feel like it’s going to Yui as a lesbian. There’s nothing in her lore that teases she’s attracted to guys and she’s around a lot of other women in the lore as well. She does have a male friend as well, but he (forgot his name) is almost like a brother to her.

    I would love to see a second tome of her coming out as lesbian just like what they did for David. This is another great opportunity BHVR. Let my girl have her time, I’d be so proud for her if this were true.

    And Jill Claire Kate Nancy are klawsexual right?

    and yes I’d be happy with yui coming out

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/332913/who-do-you-think-will-be-the-next-character-for-lgbt-representation

    And Jill Claire Kate Nancy are klawsexual right?

    mans yes I’d be happy with yui coming out

    🧍🧍🧍

  • I just don't get why representation so important?

    I am a "discriminated minority" myself and I couldn't care less, if that gets put into a game... don't play games to get representation

    but maybe it's because of a lack of imagination of today's people to have that things explicitly need to be said...

  • Just a quick reminder to keep the discussion civil, thank you.

  • @Rizzo said:

    Just a quick reminder to keep the discussion civil, thank you.

    I agree.

‹ 1 2 3 … 8