Who do you think will be the next character for LGBT representation?

I really feel like it’s going to Yui as a lesbian. There’s nothing in her lore that teases she’s attracted to guys and she’s around a lot of other women in the lore as well. She does have a male friend as well, but he (forgot his name) is almost like a brother to her.

I would love to see a second tome of her coming out as lesbian just like what they did for David. This is another great opportunity BHVR. Let my girl have her time, I’d be so proud for her if this were true.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3046024#Comment_3046024

    Can I ask genuinely?

    What's so wrong with accurate and good representation in media especially since in the past media representation of certain groups have be extremely harmful and incorrect

    Please don't missunderstand me here. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and I think when done right it enhances plot, environment, etc. It is the constant validation aspect that is the problem. Businesses toss out representation as a gimmick to appease those with valid self value issues. People looking for that validation now request it areas it should not really matter.

    For instance, a fictional slasher game where story and lore are tertiary at best. People who can't find validation in life and can only associate with someone who looks like them or has the same sexuality tend to exhibit more self esteem issues and lack of self understanding, thus companies take advantage of it to appease. It is sad.

    EDIT Probably too deep for a discussion board though. I've just seen a lot of people struggling with these issues.

  • I'm just hoping for an overweight survivor... like 250-300+ lbs middle aged male survivor, just straight weezin(!) as he runs... huffin n puffin! Lets goooo! (jiggle jangle!)

  • Hoping a killer, Artist or Spirit

  • Just want to say that I love your artwork so much! :)

  • Probably Yui or Dwight. I feel like they might make Dwight gay to complete the ship, but I feel like Yui is a good choice.

  • And you REALLY think you could change those people opinion by forcing more LGBT stuff down their throats? Those people will NEVER change their opinion, no matter how many pride months happen or LGBT chars get added into DBD - if anything, it's probably gonna have the opposite effect on them by making their hatred grow even more.

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045914#Comment_3045914

    And you REALLY think you could change those people opinion by forcing more LGBT stuff down their throats? Those people will NEVER change their opinion, no matter how many pride months happen or LGBT chars get added into DBD - if anything, it's probably gonna have the opposite effect on them by making their hatred grow even more.

    Alright well if they aren’t willing to grow and change from being a homophobe then so be it.

  • @Zeon_99 @Sowbug You can check my Twitter page for tons tons of these. https://twitter.com/C3_Tooth

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3046039#Comment_3046039

    there must be something wrong with me since I can relate to all kinds of different characters from fiction without them even being close to resembling me in rl/sexuality/gender/skin color/nationality/religion/age

    That is a valid and fair thing to think and would be foolish to believe otherwise. I guess my initial response wasn't properly thought-out. People like myself, who appreciate representation and seek out representation in whatever medium we enjoy want to have a better connection with the characters we enjoy playing as, reading about, or watching; or future characters that are yet to be announced. It's just part of enjoying the medium. It's normal for everyone to relate to a character for all of the reasons given in your reply, but I think it's a bit different when a member of an oppressed group wants to relate to a character who is about that oppressed group.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    @Zeon_99 @Sowbug You can check my Twitter page for tons tons of these. https://twitter.com/C3_Tooth

    I cannot believe I wasn't following you sooner, I swear I saw your stuff pop up on my timeline 😅

  • Why? Is sexuality the only thing that fills your life? geez

  • I feel like they don't need to cross off a check list for it.

  • isn't time to close this thread once and for all? mods shouldn't leave open those kind of posts for how much dangerous/problematic they can be... i'm still perplexed why they let people do those kind of threads in the 1st place tbh

  • I'm closing this here, as the thread has gone completely off the rails.

    Just a couple of clarifications:

    @Tostapane said:

    isn't time to close this thread once and for all? mods shouldn't leave open those kind of posts for how much dangerous/problematic they can be... i'm still perplexed why they let people do those kind of threads in the 1st place tbh

    We are not going to silence people that just want to share their opinions, the topic shouldn't be either problematic or dangerous, as it's just asking for more representation, which is a completely fair and understandable request.

    So please avoid telling us what we should or should not do.

1 … 6 7 8 ›