Wasn't there a fix for macro-clicker?

I'm speaking 100 clicks a second.

Because I'm getting a few of these again.

Comments

  • @drsoontm said:

    I'm speaking 100 clicks a second.

    Because I'm getting a few of these again.

    No, its just too much fun, I guess.

  • give it 6 more years. wait 4 it kid. we got u

  • The noise is very annoying. It's not like putting a frequency limit would require much work.

    The best change though would be to lose 1% or 2% charge with each click. That way would not affect normal players and the ones using some software to reach these speeds would only be annoying for a couple of seconds.

  • No, I wish they would cap the clicks at 1 or 2 per second but for some reason they haven't bothered. Kind of annoying though.

  • U guys care waaay too much about these kinda stuff. It’s annoying sure but thats all that is

  • Lmao bro is crying about macro clickers when killers are camping/tunneling casual players out of the game and making them decide to drop the game entirely, bet he's still gonna cry about macros next update when killers got 10% better everything and casual solo que players get destroyed even more until none want to play the game anymore.

  • @socalfusions said:

    Lmao bro is crying about macro clickers when killers are camping/tunneling casual players out of the game and making them decide to drop the game entirely, bet he's still gonna cry about macros next update when killers got 10% better everything and casual solo que players get destroyed even more until none want to play the game anymore.

    Not very good at compartmentalizing are you?

    Now or in the next patch they get tunneled and/or a bleed-out. It's doesn't make using third party software to act like an ass more acceptable.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042627#Comment_3042627

    Not very good at compartmentalizing are you?

    Now or in the next patch they get tunneled and/or a bleed-out. It's doesn't make using third party software to act like an ass more acceptable.

    It's not necessarily a third party Software.

    Just needs a mouse with unlockable mouse wheel and bind left click to it and scroll.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042640#Comment_3042640

    It's not necessarily a third party Software.

    Just needs a mouse with unlockable mouse wheel and bind left click to it and scroll.

    I wasn't exaggerating stating 100 or so clicks per second. It seems a bit much for a wheel. I'm not speaking about the odd 10 or so per second.

  • honestly if turning on the flashlight (clicking) had a base cost, there would be so much less egoistic survivors.

    They click because they know the flashlight will still have charge, they can still blind at pallets and have room to spare. If it cost .5% or 1% per click, then suddenly their cocky taunting nature has turned into their own demise if they were reliant on the item at all.

    Also, people have photosensitivity issues and we should listen to these people.

    Implementing %drain kills two birds with one stone.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042643#Comment_3042643

    I wasn't exaggerating stating 100 or so clicks per second. It seems a bit much for a wheel. I'm not speaking about the odd 10 or so per second.

    An unlockable mouse wheel is free, smooth rolling and can achieve those.

    Not many mouses have them.

    They don't have the distinctive clicks while scrolling but run smooth and when you just spin them they continue rolling.

    Which doesn't mean that there arent click bot programs. I run one myself when playing cookie clicker.

    Edit: by the way i could probably write a speed click macro in some capacity in the Logitech gaming Software coming with their products.

  • @DY86 said:

    U guys care waaay too much about these kinda stuff. It’s annoying sure but thats all that is

    There are those people who are photosensitive and/or havean epileptic history.

    Implementing a limit as @dugman proposed would literally not impactsl anyone's gameplay who played normally, but but would do both: protect sensitive players and curb toxicity, as this kind of macro clicking is considered to be extremely rude.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042645#Comment_3042645

    An unlockable mouse wheel is free, smooth rolling and can achieve those.

    Not many mouses have them.

    They don't have the distinctive clicks while scrolling but run smooth and when you just spin them they continue rolling.

    Which doesn't mean that there arent click bot programs. I run one myself when playing cookie clicker.

    Edit: by the way i could probably write a speed click macro in some capacity in the Logitech gaming Software coming with their products.

    I got one like this (one of the Proteus core serie) and unbinding the wheel and making it roll free gives indeed about 320 clicks per second(measured with software), but I couldn't do it an do anything else with the mouse. If I only do a nudge, it goes to about 120 per second.

    I've tried to have more timed control for the start/stop and it seems doable.

    That being said, the issue stands.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042654#Comment_3042654

    I got one like this (one of the Proteus core serie) and unbinding the wheel and making it roll free gives indeed about 320 clicks per second(measured with software), but I couldn't do it an do anything else with the mouse. If I only do a nudge, it goes to about 120 per second.

    I've tried to have more timed control for the start/stop and it seems doable.

    That being said, the issue stands.

    Then we are on the same page and I just wanted to clarify that it's not only external software that can achieve it.

    And yes the issue is annoying as hell and just an instrument to taunt, nothing else and has to be dealt with.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042598#Comment_3042598

    There are those people who are photosensitive and/or havean epileptic history.

    Implementing a limit as @dugman proposed would literally not impactsl anyone's gameplay who played normally, but but would do both: protect sensitive players and curb toxicity, as this kind of macro clicking is considered to be extremely rude.

    photosensitivity does not work like that bro. Its exposure to flickering or flashings of certain intensity. A flashlight’s beam does not have such intensities to trigger a seizure. And even if it did, it would have to be constantly flashing in front of the killers camera. Which is not the case. most of the time its used to annoy and get the killers attention.

    but one thing I agree, there should be more accessibility options all around.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042673#Comment_3042673

    Then we are on the same page and I just wanted to clarify that it's not only external software that can achieve it.

    And yes the issue is annoying as hell and just an instrument to taunt, nothing else and has to be dealt with.

    Its a strategy used to annoy bro. To get u rilled up and make mistakes. To get ur attention away from what u should actually be focusing. It’s a means to divert.

    it is annoying but that’s all that it is. Same as slugging the 3rd surv to give u time to find the last one and not give the hatch.

  • @socalfusions said:

    Lmao bro is crying about macro clickers when killers are camping/tunneling casual players out of the game and making them decide to drop the game entirely, bet he's still gonna cry about macros next update when killers got 10% better everything and casual solo que players get destroyed even more until none want to play the game anymore.

    What a terrible take

  • Eh... You're ok? You are talking about removing flashlight clicks or I didn't understand?

    Flashlight clickers is the best what I could ask as a killer.

  • Seem like survivors can only have accessibility killers with hearing issues playing against iron will as spirit or poor fov that cause motion sickness and strobe light spam that can cause problems for photosensitive killers will never be fixed

  • @EvilSerje said:

    Eh... You're ok? You are talking about removing flashlight clicks or I didn't understand?

    Flashlight clickers is the best what I could ask as a killer.

    Talking about limiting how many times you can click per second.

    Macro's and scroll wheel flashlights are potentially harmful and should go.

  • @Tryharder said:

    Seem like survivors can only have accessibility killers with hearing issues playing against iron will as spirit or poor fov that cause motion sickness and strobe light spam that can cause problems for photosensitive killers will never be fixed

    That was a reach dont u think? No hoh person would play a sound dependent killer such as spirit. As for poor fov shadowborn and monitor and abuse help. And as I mentioned above, photosensitivity does not work like that bro.

    one thing I still agree tho, more accessibility options are a must

  • @Tryharder said:

    Seem like survivors can only have accessibility killers with hearing issues playing against iron will as spirit or poor fov that cause motion sickness and strobe light spam that can cause problems for photosensitive killers will never be fixed

    Lol yeah. Can't nerf busted ass Spine Chill because it would harm survivors with accessibility issues, but iron will lightweight macro flashlight clicking all totally cool

  • i dont get why people defend macro flashlights it genuinely makes me feel unwell when someone does it when im killer or survivor. honestly all macro anything in this game should just be gotten rid of.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041983#Comment_3041983

    The noise is very annoying. It's not like putting a frequency limit would require much work.

    The best change though would be to lose 1% or 2% charge with each click. That way would not affect normal players and the ones using some software to reach these speeds would only be annoying for a couple of seconds.

    I think the funniest would be if the devs actually did that and don't tell anyone in a patch note.

    Macro clicker would be suprised I bet.

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042671#Comment_3042671

    photosensitivity does not work like that bro. Its exposure to flickering or flashings of certain intensity. A flashlight’s beam does not have such intensities to trigger a seizure. And even if it did, it would have to be constantly flashing in front of the killers camera. Which is not the case. most of the time its used to annoy and get the killers attention.

    but one thing I agree, there should be more accessibility options all around.

    Hey mate, check this out:

    My cousin had a epileptic episode from macro flashlights — Dead By Daylight

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3043977#Comment_3043977

    That was a reach dont u think? No hoh person would play a sound dependent killer such as spirit. As for poor fov shadowborn and monitor and abuse help. And as I mentioned above, photosensitivity does not work like that bro.

    one thing I still agree tho, more accessibility options are a must

    And as I mentioned above, photosensitivity does not work like that bro.

    there already have been reports that it can work like that though and that Makro clicking actually caused seizures…

  • If you've played bot matches enough (the tutorial), you can see the bots doing something really similar to macro clicking. I had a bot match one time where the bot clicked at the killer at macro speeds. It was hilarious, it even looked like the bot was trying to get the killers attention lmao

  • Unfortunately the devs think hearing rapid annoying (almost buzzing) clicks that drown out all other sound is a hilarious feature that is no worse than killers nodding.

  • @Mewishis said:

    i dont get why people defend macro flashlights it genuinely makes me feel unwell when someone does it when im killer or survivor. honestly all macro anything in this game should just be gotten rid of.

    Idiots want it to be an us v them thing

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3043976#Comment_3043976

    Talking about limiting how many times you can click per second.

    Macro's and scroll wheel flashlights are potentially harmful and should go.

    And it's harmful how? Just curious.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041983#Comment_3041983

    The noise is very annoying. It's not like putting a frequency limit would require much work.

    The best change though would be to lose 1% or 2% charge with each click. That way would not affect normal players and the ones using some software to reach these speeds would only be annoying for a couple of seconds.

    It annoying you is why people do it, like tbagging with extra steps

  • @socalfusions said:

    Lmao bro is crying about macro clickers when killers are camping/tunneling casual players out of the game and making them decide to drop the game entirely, bet he's still gonna cry about macros next update when killers got 10% better everything and casual solo que players get destroyed even more until none want to play the game anymore.

    The game's grind pushes people away far more often than camping in my experience, and the upcoming changes probably aren't gonna help new players much either especially without BP perks. Also, kill rates are down enough to give blanket killer buffs, so if you're whining right now that tells a lot about you

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042589#Comment_3042589

    It annoying you is why people do it, like tbagging with extra steps

    The reason they are making that stupid sound is utterly irrelevant. If somehow there was a way to generate a constant loud white noise in the game it would also need to be fixed.

  • It is harmful to people who are sensitive to flashing lights or solid light. A lot of video games will include flashing light warnings, so it's not wrong to say that flashlights with macro clicking could be harmful to someone with a condition that can't handle it.

  • People who are even slightly photosensitive can be affected.

    Likewise, even if you aren't, they can trigger headaches.

  • @SpiritedSalsa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044526#Comment_3044526

    It is harmful to people who are sensitive to flashing lights or solid light. A lot of video games will include flashing light warnings, so it's not wrong to say that flashlights with macro clicking could be harmful to someone with a condition that can't handle it.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044526#Comment_3044526

    People who are even slightly photosensitive can be affected.

    Likewise, even if you aren't, they can trigger headaches.

    Then the very least, BHVR should add warning at the start screen to avoid any sue issues. DbD has lots of flickering images, repeating sounds and disturbing content. Sensitive people should have a warning and not playing the game. Like I don't eat food I'm alergic to, or doing sport that I can't after a trauma.

    So yeah, the only thing devs should do is place warning on start screen.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045083#Comment_3045083

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045109#Comment_3045109

    Then the very least, BHVR should add warning at the start screen to avoid any sue issues. DbD has lots of flickering images, repeating sounds and disturbing content. Sensitive people should have a warning and not playing the game. Like I don't eat food I'm alergic to, or doing sport that I can't after a trauma.

    So yeah, the only thing devs should do is place warning on start screen.

    They too care fixing Doctor & co to avoid that kind of things.

    Fixing the flashlight's click-speed oversight is the logical step.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045083#Comment_3045083

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045109#Comment_3045109

    Then the very least, BHVR should add warning at the start screen to avoid any sue issues. DbD has lots of flickering images, repeating sounds and disturbing content. Sensitive people should have a warning and not playing the game. Like I don't eat food I'm alergic to, or doing sport that I can't after a trauma.

    So yeah, the only thing devs should do is place warning on start screen.

    Why SHOULD they keep it though?

    It offers nothing except negatives.

  • My brother is epileptic with over 3k hours as killer and he never had any. So I guess it’s debatable 🤨

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044017#Comment_3044017

    And as I mentioned above, photosensitivity does not work like that bro.

    there already have been reports that it can work like that though and that Makro clicking actually caused seizures…

    Care to link me those? Cause I searched for a bit and haven’t found any tbh. I mean I cant speak for other people, but at least my brother never had any with over 3k hours as killer.

    but if its true I’ll totally agree with u. Now if all this is just using a disability as a guise to get macros banned baceuse theyre “annoying”, that would be a pretty ######### thing to do

  • I think they should put a chance for flashlights to fail, which increases the more frequently they are clicked.

    Its that thematic scene in horror films where the flashlight conveniently starts flickering or fails right before the jump scare.

    Macro clickers would just 100% crap out after the first mouse wheel roll and be unable to use it again.

    You've got a system that just pretty much exists to annoy people that lets make it less fun to do while being more thematically appropriate.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045294#Comment_3045294

    Why SHOULD they keep it though?

    It offers nothing except negatives.

    Nope. Don't talk for everyone. Flashlight clicks give me only positives, it is free "Infectious Fright", I always know where survivor is and from which side.

    If flickering images hurt someone, they shouldn't play this game, and nothing wrong with that, I gave example in previous comment.

    But if someone's ego hurt (and they are too cowards to acknowledge it), then they should suffer and there's no place for them in the game.

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044422#Comment_3044422

    Care to link me those? Cause I searched for a bit and haven’t found any tbh. I mean I cant speak for other people, but at least my brother never had any with over 3k hours as killer.

    but if its true I’ll totally agree with u. Now if all this is just using a disability as a guise to get macros banned baceuse theyre “annoying”, that would be a pretty ######### thing to do

    It’s not a black-or-white condition. Photosensitivity can have different severity. You have been linked a thread already where Someone talks about their cousin having had a seizure due to DbD

  • The easiest fix they could do is add a 0.5 cooldown when they stop using their flashlight.

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044407#Comment_3044407

    My brother is epileptic with over 3k hours as killer and he never had any. So I guess it’s debatable 🤨

    Really? IF this is true then you should understand more than most that what triggers an epileptic seizure for one person may not for another. There isn't just a single form of epilepsy with everyone having the same "triggers". There are several types of epilepsy and each individual is affected differently depending on the stimuli and severity of said stimuli. It's not debatable, you're coming off as kind of ignorant.

  • @socalfusions said:

    Lmao bro is crying about macro clickers when killers are camping/tunneling casual players out of the game and making them decide to drop the game entirely, bet he's still gonna cry about macros next update when killers got 10% better everything and casual solo que players get destroyed even more until none want to play the game anymore.

    Zzzzzz

    Big time sleepy Us vs Them post...again

    Zzzzzz

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045385#Comment_3045385

    It’s not a black-or-white condition. Photosensitivity can have different severity. You have been linked a thread already where Someone talks about their cousin having had a seizure due to DbD

    One case is not universal tbh, an issue such as this need more comprehensive details. Take the reshader cases as exemples

  • @Cramps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045381#Comment_3045381

    Really? IF this is true then you should understand more than most that what triggers an epileptic seizure for one person may not for another. There isn't just a single form of epilepsy with everyone having the same "triggers". There are several types of epilepsy and each individual is affected differently depending on the stimuli and severity of said stimuli. It's not debatable, you're coming off as kind of ignorant.

    Exactly it varies in intensity but its agreed upon low intensities (3 hertz or lower) is not a common trigger for seizures. So im sorry if Im skeptical about the low hertz intensity of flashlight macros in this game

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3045370#Comment_3045370

    Nope. Don't talk for everyone. Flashlight clicks give me only positives, it is free "Infectious Fright", I always know where survivor is and from which side.

    If flickering images hurt someone, they shouldn't play this game, and nothing wrong with that, I gave example in previous comment.

    But if someone's ego hurt (and they are too cowards to acknowledge it), then they should suffer and there's no place for them in the game.

    What an awful take.

    We aren't talking about clicking the flashlight a couple times a second. That's fine.

    We are talking about binding the flashlight to the scroll wheel or using a macro to click it hundreds if not thousands of times per second. There are absolutely zero benefits from keeping that in-game.

    You will get the exact same info from people clicking a couple times per second.


    It should 1000% be removed.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3044584#Comment_3044584

    The reason they are making that stupid sound is utterly irrelevant. If somehow there was a way to generate a constant loud white noise in the game it would also need to be fixed.

    the flashy clicks are not that annoying(not annoying to me at all) my guy and although it bugs you its fun for others

‹ 1 2