dredge nightfall making my eyes strain...

Is anyone getting really glared eyes from trying to see in the dark? Usually able to play quite a substantial amount of matches with my friends but we have all had to end early tonight due to this lol.

Comments

  • This just in, killer that makes things hard to see makes things hard to see.

    Weather at 10!

  • @Rogue11 said:

    This just in, killer that makes things hard to see makes things hard to see.

    Weather at 10!

    Watch Nightfall get nerfed cause it's too overbearing for a couple of people. Shame

  • No not really.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Talamasca said:

    yea a friend playing it got an optical migraine.

    i went and played 3 games - and now refuse to play against the killer. Will simply die at start of game and be done with it.

    Ouch- hope they are okay! We are usually playing till midnight but had to get off at 10pm due to this 🥴

  • @kaneyboy said:

    Is anyone getting really glared eyes from trying to see in the dark? Usually able to play quite a substantial amount of matches with my friends but we have all had to end early tonight due to this lol.

    Great Behaviour take care of your sight so to avoid you play 5h with ur SWF team they release a killer to make u leave game to rest for a while

  • Guess we're gonna turn yet another thing we don't like into an accessibility issue.

  • I stopped after 2 games with him. Couldn't handle it. i don't like the reduced FOV.

  • well it's getting dark, of course you are going to have some form of discomfort 😂😂 that's the point

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    well it's getting dark, of course you are going to have some form of discomfort 😂😂 that's the point

    It’s not meant to affect my eye health though. 👁👄👁

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Talamasca said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987582#Comment_2987582

    Yea. At some point, it does get ridiculous. But I'm ok leaving the game. The last game I played, no one played. Killer got about 8k and was mad. We didn't run or anything. Just stood there under the hook. <shrug>

    I think that’s what Me and my friends will have to end up doing. 🥴 although after 3 years this killer has swayed us to start playing stardew valley instead lol.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Guess we're gonna turn yet another thing we don't like into an accessibility issue.

    this isn't the take you think it is

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Guess we're gonna turn yet another thing we don't like into an accessibility issue.

    Yet another? Which other cases have there been?

  • @kaneyboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987584#Comment_2987584

    It’s not meant to affect my eye health though. 👁👄👁

    If you care so much about your eye health you probably shouldnt stare into your screen in first place or play a horror game. Many Horror Games / Filmes include darkness for mood and atmosphere, its a ftting feature for the branche were in and from my own experience i cant confirm it as an big issue that would affect alot of player sounds more like a very niche problem that few people might have similar to my stomach sickness when i play vs the plague and she vomits at me - swallow it down, if you cant stand it take a break for a week then you should face the new killer less already.

  • Oof. Sorry to hear. I’m sure y’all are not the only ones. That’s too bad if BHVR has no choice but to change it, cause it’s a pretty cool effect and I like it a lot.

  • @Impalpable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987588#Comment_2987588

    If you care so much about your eye health you probably shouldnt stare into your screen in first place or play a horror game. Many Horror Games / Filmes include darkness for mood and atmosphere, its a ftting feature for the branche were in and from my own experience i cant confirm it as an big issue that would affect alot of player sounds more like a very niche problem that few people might have similar to my stomach sickness when i play vs the plague and she vomits at me - swallow it down, if you cant stand it take a break for a week then you should face the new killer less already.

    Although it seems it’s not just me who’s having the problem. Iv been great with the game until this. I can’t even play In eye saver mode because I basically can’t see anything at all in the darkness. And it shouldn’t really be limiting me from using that?

  • Please dont focus on things you can barely see, We dont want to destroy this cool effect.

  • @kaneyboy said:

    Is anyone getting really glared eyes from trying to see in the dark? Usually able to play quite a substantial amount of matches with my friends but we have all had to end early tonight due to this lol.

    My friend is having the same problem and I don't appreciate it either, hopefully I'll just get used to it.

  • @Emeal said:

    Please dont focus on things you can barely see, We dont want to destroy this cool effect.

    I mean it is pretty cool! And scary no doubt!

  • Yes it is waaaay too dark i am really hating playing against the dredge and I am one of those people who usually enjoys dark scenery I just feel like its too much it needs to be adjusted. I almost feel like the darkness should only happen within his terror radius and not be mapwide

  • I don't want to mention them tbh. Might encourage people to start campaigning about them again.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987603#Comment_2987603

    I don't want to mention them tbh. Might encourage people to start campaigning about them again.

    👃 💩

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987603#Comment_2987603

    I don't want to mention them tbh. Might encourage people to start campaigning about them again.

    weird to mention something like that and then act like you don’t want to mention it..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987641#Comment_2987641

    weird to mention something like that and then act like you don’t want to mention it..

    Yeah, I shouldn't have said anything to begin with. But it's too late to take that back.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987603#Comment_2987603

    I don't want to mention them tbh. Might encourage people to start campaigning about them again.

    Doc shock, Clown bottles, Hag addon that deafens, Pyramid head barbed wire on the screen, blood on the screen or anything obscuring vision in general

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Guess we're gonna turn yet another thing we don't like into an accessibility issue.

    I don't understand why making the game accessible to everyone is a bad thing.

  • Tbh the whole hindered vision of nightfall isn’t even the main use of the ability and honestly doesn’t need to be there imo. The faster teleport speed is enough as is

  • @kaneyboy said:

    Is anyone getting really glared eyes from trying to see in the dark? Usually able to play quite a substantial amount of matches with my friends but we have all had to end early tonight due to this lol.

    Nope. I'm on console and it seems fine. Xbox Series X btw. Sure, the new map is dark, and some others get dark during the power but it's not hurting my eyes. It could be your TV or monitor settings. But Nightfall reminds me of playing survival horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. You're not supposed to see well in the dark. Sure, they could tweak the screen filter they use but it's a minor adjustment. I don't have to strain at all.

  • You game withthe lights on, correct?

  • @Jinxed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987580#Comment_2987580

    I don't understand why making the game accessible to everyone is a bad thing.

    Because not everything is for everyone. I have dexterity issues with my right hand. The survivor "wiggle" that messes up the auto-aim makes it hard for me to hit survivors right in front of me. Does that mean BHVR should increase hit box sizes, make a stronger auto-aim, and/or slow down survivor's juking mechanics?

  • It doesn’t hurt my eyes, but I really don’t like how dark it is, especially paired with a new map. The darkness needs to be reduced by 40% at least.

  • @Megmain80 said:

    It doesn’t hurt my eyes, but I really don’t like how dark it is, especially paired with a new map. The darkness needs to be reduced by 40% at least.

    Nah it's fine. I played ~5 survivor matches today and it was great. It actually felt like a threat and made me play differently. I also realized how much map rng comes into play.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987769#Comment_2987769

    Nah it's fine. I played ~5 survivor matches today and it was great. It actually felt like a threat and made me play differently. I also realized how much map rng comes into play.

    I doubt you played any matches as survivor.

  • It's just obnoxious in its design, it's like getting flash banged at 3 in the morning while playing counter strike, completely over bearing and unnecessary.

  • I've played against him twice. No visual issues but can see it's going to be impossible to play in daytime.


    It achieves what it's meant to: even if the experience is largely boring and redundant. You can just hide till it ends as the killer doesnt even seem to be abke to find you well and you can see survivors running round so there's no real hindrance.

  • I also have really bad migraines, and Nightfall was bothering me. :( I'm hoping I'll get used to it, but for today I had to find a place where I could stay still until it was over. Something about the camera movement combined with the FOV -- or maybe the way the FOV looks blurry? -- was really not hitting right.

  • It seems fitting to me. Killers have extremely reduced visibility as basekit to the point that circling around them is a viable strategy.

    It's only fair that a killer can mess with survivors' visibility and I have to say I'm kind of surprised they are making such a big deal out of it, as in, claiming they can't stand it or makes them physically uncomfortable.

    Honestly I played a few games against it and, while nightfall definitely made it harder to stay alive, I didn't feel any discomfort nor disorientation. I wonder if it is because I play a lot of killer....

  • I played only one game against Dredge so far and LOVED the Nightfall. The sound design, the actual terror of being in the dark. That's what the whole Boogeyman shtick is all about, no? I understand it being an accessibility thing, but if they nerf it I hope it's only by an extremely small amount. Like, EXTREMELY.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987721#Comment_2987721

    Because not everything is for everyone. I have dexterity issues with my right hand. The survivor "wiggle" that messes up the auto-aim makes it hard for me to hit survivors right in front of me. Does that mean BHVR should increase hit box sizes, make a stronger auto-aim, and/or slow down survivor's juking mechanics?

    This is a new feature to a game that people have already purchased though, to make a game that was once accessible to people suddenly not seems wrong to me. Imagine if you were deaf and were told a movie you paid to watch had subtitles, and then half way through they turned them off, wouldn't you be annoyed?