Why 4% in someones face?

This is a very annoying thing I see like half the matches I play with randoms. They wait till you're there and try to hop off of hook or hop off in your face. So annoying. Wasting my time trying to risk a save on them, and if I were to be chased away after they attempt they're almost always going to go to stage 2. I could have just stayed on or found a gen to work on, or help another teammate.

Comments

  • you get a bunch of points for a sucessful kobe and none for being unhooked.

  • They are trying to kill themself on hook not kobe on purpose.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    They are trying to kill themself on hook not kobe on purpose.

    not always

    I just sometimes have troll mood...

    when I see I can get away with it (time left / killer is not nearby) I try it to mess with unhooking survivor. They have left me there for it few times tho, but deserved.

  • It usually lets the killer know a rescue is happening soon/imminent.

  • @Raccoon said:

    It usually lets the killer know a rescue is happening soon/imminent.

    I turn right around and come back to the hook when I see someone go for a kobe because I know the rescuer is right there

  • Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

  • @Veinslay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980784#Comment_2980784

    I turn right around and come back to the hook when I see someone go for a kobe because I know the rescuer is right there

    Same.

    I made a topic about it before, but I don't think anyone got what I was saying.

    Why not turn around with two people there unless you NEEEEED that gen pressure?

  • @RisingTron said:

    Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

    I've turned around instead of unhooking as well.

    "Oh, don't let me interrupt a good time - Carry on!"

  • Y'all are taking it waaaaay too seriously 💀

  • Okay but its so funny

  • @Satelit said:

    Y'all are taking it waaaaay too seriously 💀

    Or those players are inconsiderate to their teammates, but thats ok right so long is its at their expense right?

  • Suggest walking away if they try that.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980849#Comment_2980849

    Or those players are inconsiderate to their teammates, but thats ok right so long is its at their expense right?

    You're gonna unhook them anyway plus you still need to heal them.I understand if you have an unhook challenge but it's really not that deep otherwise.

    @Mr_K said:

    Suggest walking away if they try that.

    Which is throwing the game at that point.For what? Some potential bloodpoints?

  • I used to think it was whatever but it has started to become annoying. They'll even do it when the killer is close by and if successful won't have BT they would have otherwise had.

  • @RisingTron said:

    Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

    More of us need to do this. You pulled me off a gen while the killer is running PGTW & PR just to be an idiot. Bunch of Immature content creator sheep imitating one in particular, and his friends. Let the person who is taking a risk, get the points for unhooking you. Plus they may have Deliverance and need it.

  • I personally just leave them on the hook if they try.

    Why? Simple they are trying to deny me my unhook to spite me so I spite them back.

    You can't complain about being spited back at when you tried to spite your teammates first.

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980901#Comment_2980901

    You're gonna unhook them anyway plus you still need to heal them.I understand if you have an unhook challenge but it's really not that deep otherwise.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980906#Comment_2980906

    Which is throwing the game at that point.For what? Some potential bloodpoints?

    You dont seem to think that deep let me spell it out further. The rescuer is going out of their way, taking time away from other objectives, risking being caught by the killer to save them. So when they hop off of hook it makes all that risk meaningless and wastes the rescuers time. Not only that but I want to rank up every month to iri 1. This robs me of altruism and potential objective time, and in the worst case could cost me hook states.

  • Some of y'all are what's so wrong with solo queue. You're really gonna leave a teammate on hook and throw the match, because they took a 4% chance for fun - assuming you were going to unhook them if it failed? Reasons to 4%:

    • That survivor gets the survival BP - typically the hardest survivor category to score in and max out
    • Self-unhooking can prevent a few killer perks from activating (Make Your Choice) or gaining power (Devour Hope)
    • Fun, built-in feature in the game
  • @RisingTron said:

    Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

    I've always wanted to do that but I'm too much of a coward to :(

  • Me when I have Baby sister, Borrowed Time, WGLF going to unhook and they successfully kobe.

  • it's very funny tbh I'd never get mad at a teammate kobing in my face it's such a rare thing to see that it's awesome when it happens especially if you're the one who kobed.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    This is a very annoying thing I see like half the matches I play with randoms. They wait till you're there and try to hop off of hook or hop off in your face. So annoying. Wasting my time trying to risk a save on them, and if I were to be chased away after they attempt they're almost always going to go to stage 2. I could have just stayed on or found a gen to work on, or help another teammate.

    same reason they teabag the killer cuz they think they are funny (which they sometimes are) but it is rather annoying and wastes time but in the end they don't care they are just their to have fun which we can all respect........ right? *glares at rank 1 blight players*

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980912#Comment_2980912

    You dont seem to think that deep let me spell it out further. The rescuer is going out of their way, taking time away from other objectives, risking being caught by the killer to save them. So when they hop off of hook it makes all that risk meaningless and wastes the rescuers time. Not only that but I want to rank up every month to iri 1. This robs me of altruism and potential objective time, and in the worst case could cost me hook states.

    Well,trying to 4% is nothing against the rules,but I'm sure there's something against throwing the game and refusing to unhook like people are saying.The tantrum is so unnecessary.

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980933#Comment_2980933

    Well,trying to 4% is nothing against the rules,but I'm sure there's something against throwing the game and refusing to unhook like people are saying.The tantrum is so unnecessary.

    There is no rule against leaving a survivor to die or else every survivor who leaves early to avoid things like Blood Warden or NOED would be banned.

    Holding the survivor hostage by body blocking or working with the killer WILL get you banned as a survivor(Also as killer for the body blocking) though.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2981125#Comment_2981125

    There is no rule against leaving a survivor to die or else every survivor who leaves early to avoid things like Blood Warden or NOED would be banned.

    Holding the survivor hostage by body blocking or working with the killer WILL get you banned as a survivor(Also as killer for the body blocking) though.

    Wasn't there a section for ,,refusing to engage in normal gameplay"? And I'm not talking about endgame I'm talking about when the killer is across the map and you're 5 meters from the survivor.

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2981128#Comment_2981128

    Wasn't there a section for ,,refusing to engage in normal gameplay"? And I'm not talking about endgame I'm talking about when the killer is across the map and you're 5 meters from the survivor.

    You're still allowed to as ignoring a survivor on a hook to for example: Finish a generator or to break Devour Hope/Ruin can be the correct play to get everyone(else) out.

    Remember if your a jerk your teammates they are allowed to leave you hanging(Pun intended).

  • I've never understood why this upsets people. On the rare occasion they do unhook themself, I heal them. They do it because why not, it's a game. If you can't deal with teammates doing things you don't approve of, play killer so you have no teammates.

  • @RisingTron said:

    Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

    Good. Just as I planned, muhahahaha

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Some of y'all are what's so wrong with solo queue. You're really gonna leave a teammate on hook and throw the match, because they took a 4% chance for fun - assuming you were going to unhook them if it failed? Reasons to 4%:

    • That survivor gets the survival BP - typically the hardest survivor category to score in and max out
    • Self-unhooking can prevent a few killer perks from activating (Make Your Choice) or gaining power (Devour Hope)
    • Fun, built-in feature in the game

    Well, then i wish you a lot of fun, while you enter the struggle phase.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    This is a very annoying thing I see like half the matches I play with randoms. They wait till you're there and try to hop off of hook or hop off in your face. So annoying. Wasting my time trying to risk a save on them, and if I were to be chased away after they attempt they're almost always going to go to stage 2. I could have just stayed on or found a gen to work on, or help another teammate.

    It's been done in my face many times, even manage to jump of the hook.

    If they jump off right in my face then i just run back to a gen and start working on that, i will kust refuse to heal them after that.

    If they don't jump off then i will unhook and heal them.

  • I either turn around and let them hang there, or I wait until second stage. For me you have two choices. You either try to unhook yourself, or you let me do it. You can´t have both. I´m not going to run all across the map to let you be selfish.

  • It's really cheeky and it's objectively a jerk move but there's nothing you can do about it. I usually make a mental note to not help the person later on.

  • @RisingTron said:

    Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

    I bet you let 80% of survivors get to second stage then.

    @GoshJosh said:

    Some of y'all are what's so wrong with solo queue. You're really gonna leave a teammate on hook and throw the match, because they took a 4% chance for fun - assuming you were going to unhook them if it failed? Reasons to 4%:

    • That survivor gets the survival BP - typically the hardest survivor category to score in and max out
    • Self-unhooking can prevent a few killer perks from activating (Make Your Choice) or gaining power (Devour Hope)
    • Fun, built-in feature in the game

    If people leave me to second stage just to be petty i'll just go around and throw down all the pallets and sandbag them. If they wanna be petty they better be prepared to get something back.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980836#Comment_2980836

    I bet you let 80% of survivors get to second stage then.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980940#Comment_2980940

    If people leave me to second stage just to be petty i'll just go around and throw down all the pallets and sandbag them. If they wanna be petty they better be prepared to get something back.

    Only if they struggle in front of me! Otherwise no. Gotta get those juicy WGLF stacks.

  • Oh, we're upset about this again?

    Yikes.

  • @RisingTron said:

    Whenever someone does this, sometimes I just stand there and let them get to 2nd phase because I'm feeling petty.

    I turn around always, they are actively trying to deny me of points and if for some reason I have to backtrack, for example I see the Killer beelining to proxy camp, the hooked person has lost 20 seconds of 1º stage.

    Everytime someone has dissed me on postchat about that I always respond "oh well, I tought you wanted to suicide so I just let you go, I tought you didnt want to keep playing the match, why would anyone do that if they didnt want to kill themselves?".

  • Not gonna lie, I enjoy it. The rage and betrayal a survivor expresses when they Kobe and still get downed is precious.

  • "omg solo survivor is so hard!!!"

    *proceeds to leave people to die on hook for trying to escape on their own*

    Be chill y'all, there is no malice behind their actions. Why does there have to be malice in yours? Shows a lot about your personality.

  • Very rare for me. If the killer is camping, the person trying to rescue me is too scared to make an attempt, and I'm just about to second stage I'll make a kobe attempt (only once of course because I'll then be in second stage). If it's inevitable I'm going to second stage anyway why not try?

    It did work once recently and I also escaped the match so that was a very pleasant surprise.

  • The attempting 4% in face is dumb but I only get annoyed when it's a Deliverance in my face. Atleast with 4% they might not get off and if anything are only hurting themself going into second state, but with Deliverance you know you will unhook yourself and you waited until I was at the hook to do it in my face - that's obnoxious and someone else can go for them on second hook.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    This is a very annoying thing I see like half the matches I play with randoms. They wait till you're there and try to hop off of hook or hop off in your face. So annoying. Wasting my time trying to risk a save on them, and if I were to be chased away after they attempt they're almost always going to go to stage 2. I could have just stayed on or found a gen to work on, or help another teammate.

    I find that most of the matches I'm in, nobody wants to come rescue me on hook. I figure, well do gens at least but no. They're to busy trolling the killer. So I have to have a build that keeps me from being hooked. Still trying to work out the details, but I assure you not everyone is doing this. At least not me.

  • This was attempted to be done in front of me after I went cross map in rpd. I knew me and the person on the hook shared nothing in common but I saved him anyway and found a gen to cry into.

  • just to see if you could've because hanging there is boring and miserable so it's like a teeny tiny victory

  • If I'm in a bad mood I'll quite happily turn right around and let them hit stage 2 or just die. Clearly they don't need me to unhook them after all.

  • Why 4% in someones face?

    Because I can!

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    This is a very annoying thing I see like half the matches I play with randoms. They wait till you're there and try to hop off of hook or hop off in your face. So annoying. Wasting my time trying to risk a save on them, and if I were to be chased away after they attempt they're almost always going to go to stage 2. I could have just stayed on or found a gen to work on, or help another teammate.

    for the funny.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    "omg solo survivor is so hard!!!"

    *proceeds to leave people to die on hook for trying to escape on their own*

    Be chill y'all, there is no malice behind their actions. Why does there have to be malice in yours? Shows a lot about your personality.

    No malice? Oh ok then just selfishness and stupidity then.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Some of y'all are what's so wrong with solo queue. You're really gonna leave a teammate on hook and throw the match, because they took a 4% chance for fun - assuming you were going to unhook them if it failed? Reasons to 4%:

    • That survivor gets the survival BP - typically the hardest survivor category to score in and max out
    • Self-unhooking can prevent a few killer perks from activating (Make Your Choice) or gaining power (Devour Hope)
    • Fun, built-in feature in the game

    You're trying to paint it in a light to justify it all of that doesnt take into consideration your rescuer. Which what everyone has an issue with. You need to be told the same thing the other person did so here ya go. Read, Learn

    You dont seem to think that deep let me spell it out further. The rescuer is going out of their way, taking time away from other objectives, risking being caught by the killer to save them. So when they hop off of hook it makes all that risk meaningless and wastes the rescuers time. Not only that but I want to rank up every month to iri 1. This robs me of altruism and potential objective time, and in the worst case could cost me hook states

  • It's unfortunate if I was going for an archive or WGLF stack, but it has never bothered me much. I just heal them and then go about my business.

‹ 1 2