Will Dead Hard die tomorrow?

The suspense is killing me!

Also genuinely interested to see what the 'whataboutism' squad will jump on next.

Comments

  • What's this about?

  • Do they usually announce nerfs on anniversary streams?

  • They nerfed coh, they will nerf dh, I would bet in unbreakable or prove thyself being the next victims.

    People talk about SB too much, but I believe Overcome will get more complains.


    "I hit the survivor and he disappears, it's not fair, he doesn't have to do anything besides hold shift+w", by the time I find him, he already healed with his green medkit".

  • I mean, even if it's announced on this stream (which I somewhat doubt?) it wouldn't take effect until the next update.

    I wouldn't expect to hear anything about Dead Hard, though. I don't think that's the kind of thing that normally shows up in anniversary streams, but I might be wrong.

  • @Raccoon said:

    The suspense is killing me!

    Also genuinely interested to see what the 'whataboutism' squad will jump on next.

    It's...unlikely.

    As much as I consider Dead Hard to be a problem perk, changing it is going to shift the meta considerably at higher MMRs, and the forums are going to be flooded by complaints.

    It's also probably going to necessitate a tweak to some Nurse and Blight addons.

    My guess is that we'll see it later this year, and the anniversary being more along the lines of solo queue status icons, tweaks to the grind and maybe some more SBMM changes. There's an outside chance that the facecamping changes will come too.

  • They will nerf it in to a buff🙂

  • @Raccoon said:

    The suspense is killing me!

    Also genuinely interested to see what the 'whataboutism' squad will jump on next.

    They don't usually announce stuff like that on the anniversary stream. You're not gonna see anything about that sort of thing until we're close to chapter or mid chapter. We're supposed to attempt to celebrate the game tomorrow.

  • If they do then pork is back on the menu.

  • @Puddles said:

    They nerfed coh, they will nerf dh, I would bet in unbreakable or prove thyself being the next victims.

    People talk about SB too much, but I believe Overcome will get more complains.

    "I hit the survivor and he disappears, it's not fair, he doesn't have to do anything besides hold shift+w", by the time I find him, he already healed with his green medkit".

    You can make some pretty fun builds using various stealth perks with Overcome + Inner Strength.

    @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/323678/will-dead-hard-die-tomorrow

    They don't usually announce stuff like that on the anniversary stream. You're not gonna see anything about that sort of thing until we're close to chapter or mid chapter. We're supposed to attempt to celebrate the game tomorrow.

    Announcing a perk nerf =/= the celebration is canceled.

  • Can we not kill the perk and make it balanced?

  • E5Dww5HXIAAQBzr.jpeg

    Actually, as much as I want it dead, I dont even know what they could do to keep it as is but balanced. The distance part is the most useful, but also the dumbest part about it.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UM21B6UOAX5I/e5dww5hxiaaqbzr.jpeg

    Actually, as much as I want it dead, I dont even know what they could do to keep it as is but balanced. The distance part is the most useful, but also the dumbest part about it.

    Please fight the urge to want it dead and think about balance.

    Changing things from a negatively bias standpoint is always worse then Changing things for a better and balanced state

  • WILL DEAD HARD DIE TOMORROW?

    I hope soo if is nothing about Dead hard / map balance / optimization news / QoL information for solo players , them am just gonna be depressed.😪

  • A lot of the recent tweets are showing some of the worst issues that the game once had, things like forever sabotaged hooks and BNP repairing entire gens. I'm hoping that by alluding to some of the greatest and important fixes they've implemented they're going to showcase a bunch of healthy changes to come for both sides tomorrow, Dead Hard being one of them.

  • That would certainly bring me one step closer to reinstalling.

  • The Anniversary Stream is not the place to cater to the ever-complaining Killer Mains.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953710#Comment_2953710

    You can make some pretty fun builds using various stealth perks with Overcome + Inner Strength.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953723#Comment_2953723

    Announcing a perk nerf =/= the celebration is canceled.

    If you're celebrating your anniversary do you look to your spouse and tell them how you're gonna get a pay cut in the next quarter at work?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The Anniversary Stream is not the place to cater to the ever-complaining Killer Mains.

    Those dastardly killer mains!

    Urgghhhh!

    Interestingly, I think your post is the only one talking about 'mains'.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954090#Comment_2954090

    Those dastardly killer mains!

    Urgghhhh!

    Interestingly, I think your post is the only one talking about 'mains'.

    I mean, why should they announce something like this during the Anniversary Stream?

    (And I would have said the same thing for Survivor Mains if someone would have opened a Thread a la "Will Nurse die tomorrow?")

  • @Raccoon said:

    The suspense is killing me!

    Also genuinely interested to see what the 'whataboutism' squad will jump on next.

    I predict they’ll tell us that they “need more data” and will look into changes “soon”

  • I don't think it will but it would be nice.

  • Tommorrows stream: We have decided to rename it into Live Hard but it functions exactly the same

  • Dead Hard would be a good title for a 007 Bond movie.

  • @Puddles said:

    They nerfed coh, they will nerf dh, I would bet in unbreakable or prove thyself being the next victims.

    People talk about SB too much, but I believe Overcome will get more complains.

    "I hit the survivor and he disappears, it's not fair, he doesn't have to do anything besides hold shift+w", by the time I find him, he already healed with his green medkit".

    Sprint burst is better because you can use it while injured and healthy

    They removed being able to use overcome with endurance.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953710#Comment_2953710

    Sprint burst is better because you can use it while injured and healthy

    They removed being able to use overcome with endurance.

    I agree.


    But a Iron Will and Overcome build is pretty fun to use.


    By the time the killer finds you, a green medkit probably did the job.

  • @Puddles said:

    They nerfed coh, they will nerf dh, I would bet in unbreakable or prove thyself being the next victims.

    People talk about SB too much, but I believe Overcome will get more complains.

    "I hit the survivor and he disappears, it's not fair, he doesn't have to do anything besides hold shift+w", by the time I find him, he already healed with his green medkit".

    Tbh the only nerf i think prove thyself needs is to not work with toolboxes

  • I hope they killswittch it for a test weekend.

    The data would prove most interesting.

  • @Puddles said:

    They nerfed coh, they will nerf dh, I would bet in unbreakable or prove thyself being the next victims.

    People talk about SB too much, but I believe Overcome will get more complains.

    "I hit the survivor and he disappears, it's not fair, he doesn't have to do anything besides hold shift+w", by the time I find him, he already healed with his green medkit".

    Overcome is not comparable to Dead Hards power in the slightest.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Can we not kill the perk and make it balanced?

    Dont worry it will be as well balanced as slinger is currently after all the perk wasnt fun to play against so how can you complain.

  • If they ever nerf Dead Hard I will become a full time killer main. Not because I am crying about DH when I play killer and want to see it nerfed, no but for the reason playing soloq will become COMPLETELY unplayable. Soloq is already the WORST experience in this game and it's obvious it needs every band-aid fix it can get - such as Dead Hard. Nerf it and I will happily stop playing survivor forever - and I am sure so will most other soloq people.

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    If they never nerf Dead Hard I will become a full time killer main. Not because I am crying about DH when I play killer and want to see it nerfed, no but for the reason playing soloq will become COMPLETELY unplayable. Soloq is already the WORST experience in this game and it's obvious it needs every band-aid fix it can get - such as Dead Hard. Nerf it and I will happily stop playing survivor forever - and I am sure so will most other soloq people.

    Exactly this. I never used to use DH, but with the way solo q goes nowadays, it's almost a necessity. Killer mains like to point out how little killers there are, but things like this are going to swing the game in the opposite direction.

    When solo queue players leave because they're being tunneled and camped every match with no viable perks (BT is solely dependent upon your teammate, not you, and DS doesn't stop tunneling as much as everyone likes to pretend it does), then killers will be able to face all the SWF bully squads they want, since that's all that will be left.

  • @Puddles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954209#Comment_2954209

    I agree.

    But a Iron Will and Overcome build is pretty fun to use.

    By the time the killer finds you, a green medkit probably did the job.

    Overcome has so much weakness, it is C-tier at max.

    1. Insta down killers are ignoring Overcome.
    2. If your teammate saved you without BT, 0 value.
    3. Killers are like Legion and Plague are ignoring this perk as well.
    4. You can not use this perk while injured. You need to be full health.
    5. Fast killers also ignores your value, they will catch you immediately again (Blight, Oni, Nurse etc).


    This perk is good against killers like Trapper. This perk probably will never be meta for those reasons.

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955120#Comment_2955120

    Exactly this. I never used to use DH, but with the way solo q goes nowadays, it's almost a necessity. Killer mains like to point out how little killers there are, but things like this are going to swing the game in the opposite direction.

    When solo queue players leave because they're being tunneled and camped every match with no viable perks (BT is solely dependent upon your teammate, not you, and DS doesn't stop tunneling as much as everyone likes to pretend it does), then they'll be able to face all the SWF bully squads they want, since that's all that will be left.

    Exactly and on top of that: even IF they nerf DH, things like camping and tunneling are still gonna be ingame. Do people really think killers are suddenly gonna stop camping and tunneling after they nerfed DH?


    Spoiler: they won't.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953785#Comment_2953785

    Dont worry it will be as well balanced as slinger is currently after all the perk wasnt fun to play against so how can you complain.

    That's concerning

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Can we not kill the perk and make it balanced?

    In order to not kill the perk, you need to add a risk factor to the perk. But doing so will kill the perk.

  • Why are so many people suddenly talking about Dead Hard nerfs like it's a likely possibility? Has BHVR said anything to that effect? I know a lot people have been talking about the perk recently, but this all feels like amplified wishful thinking. Dead Hard has existed in its heavily overpicked and overuseful state for years.

  • I hope not. DH is fine.