New Pride Charm (PRIDE2022)

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1519363674137370625?s=20&t=EOkvtwi7pJIpnI-GD8KdmA

Probably should make a different thread for this, since I presume most will give the other one a pass.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I can wear both flags around my David mini doll I well and truly won this patch

  • image.png

    The new "Progress Flag"

    image.png

    And last year's "Rainbow Flag"

  • I want to say the colors are deeper in the progress flag

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I can wear both flags around my David mini doll I well and truly won this patch

    And it's not even Pride Month.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923113#Comment_2923113

    I want to say the colors are deeper in the progress flag

    That might be the slight angle at which I took 'em. They're not facing the camera, so to speak.

  • What do the brown and black colours represent?

    First time I've seen them on a flag

  • @Brokenbones said:

    What do the brown and black colours represent?

    First time I've seen them on a flag

    IIRC they're there to represent the harsher struggles of lgbt+ poc (mostly black and mixed people?) and to help show that despite the issues within the community at large (with problems like racism, transphobia, and aroace exclusion being pretty massive for a community that's based on inclusion) they are noticed, valid, and accepted.

    But I could also be majorly wrong so if anyone knows for 100% sure and can correct me, please do.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923122#Comment_2923122

    IIRC they're there to represent the harsher struggles of lgbt+ poc (mostly black and mixed people?) and to help show that despite the issues within the community at large (with problems like racism, transphobia, and aroace exclusion being pretty massive for a community that's based on inclusion) they are noticed, valid, and accepted.

    But I could also be majorly wrong so if anyone knows for 100% sure and can correct me, please do.

    Ah I see. That makes sense, I might've read something about that since it rings a bell

    Many thanks!

  • @senki527 said:

    So if I'm a proud hetero, is that also represented on the flag?

    Have you experienced decades of physical and emotional abuse, been struggling for representation, been killed for unchangeable biology, and had your rights stripped away from you? No? Shame.

    """Straight pride""" exists as a counter to gay pride, and nothing more. Do your research on the topic instead of coming across as so ignorant, thank you.

  • Let's not get this thread closed down, please and thank you.

  • no i just know the context behind """straight pride""" and heterosexual people trying to force themselves into the lgbt+ acronym

    if you don't get the subtext from this comic then idk how to help you babes

    image.png


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923141#Comment_2923141

    no i just know the context behind """straight pride""" and heterosexual people trying to force themselves into the lgbt+ acronym

    if you don't get the subtext from this comic then idk how to help you babes

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8PN2DRVQTMQK/image.png

    everyone should be equal, but you behave as homosexual are better than heterosexual...

  • @senki527 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923151#Comment_2923151

    everyone should be equal, but you behave as homosexual are better than heterosexual...

    no i dont?? i go for equal rights- which people still don't have in the world????

    babes the comic didn't help did it

  • While it's not a BP code, you can get a picture of Holly anyway. She's mad that there are people whining about Pride Flags being in the game, hence she looks so unhappy.

    PXL_20220415_010646559.jpg


  • if you don't accept people for being gay that seems to be homophobia babes idk what to tell you

    edit: the comments being deleted makes it seem like im just talking nonsense to thin air so heres a picture of a smiling donkey because i just think they're neat

    image.png


  • @tippy2k2 said:

    While it's not a BP code, you can get a picture of Holly anyway. She's mad that there are people whining about Pride Flags being in the game, hence she looks so unhappy.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9ZHV79JPW592/pxl-20220415-010646559.jpg

    holly is a gay ally confirmed

  • Let's keep this discussion civil, any kind of discriminatory comments won't be tolerated.

  • I was actually going to wait until I got home and then snap a new pic and do a bunch of rainbows and whatnot but this thread is going to Sadville quick so Holly is here to try to get it fixed and back on the track to Glaadsville instead.

  • Oh the progress flag! Yay! I'm included :)

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923143#Comment_2923143

    This is a classic example of why I get my back up at this.

    I NEVER cared about anyone's sexuality, I always just accepted them. But then out of nowhere came this incessant badgering from the new religion of LGBT that has started to become more insufferable than the evangelicals and their satanic panic in the 90's (yes I am that old).

    Now if you do not bow to the religion of LGBT you are slandered by a hive mind of drones.

    You really think this endears people to you and makes them 'allies'? This constant hammering in peoples faces does not win them over, you create intolerance and resentment where there wasn't any.

    funny that you bring up the satanic panic considering that the massive amount of vitriol and hate towards queer folk stems from a similar moral panic perpetuated by scum who use marginalized people's struggle to their own benefit and do whatever they can to make that struggle as intense as possible. "intolerance and resentment when there wasn't any" is an outright lie with how much anti-lgbtq+ sentiment has been amplified the past few years by public figures and politicians because we dared to ask for human ######### decency from you people.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    While it's not a BP code, you can get a picture of Holly anyway. She's mad that there are people whining about Pride Flags being in the game, hence she looks so unhappy.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9ZHV79JPW592/pxl-20220415-010646559.jpg

    20220425_214813.jpg

    I felt like sharing this with you. I was at my godfather's, and he wanted to take a shower and found that lying there.


    Look at him. He's thinking about you lying about giving Holly to me.

  • This is a step in the right direction, Today is a great day. πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ’›

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923171#Comment_2923171

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XRTUTEGAYZ82/20220425-214813.jpg

    I felt like sharing this with you. I was at my godfather's, and he wanted to take a shower and found that lying there.

    Look at him. He's thinking about you lying about giving Holly to me.

    Pretty kitty!

    I didn't lie, I put the stamp on Holly and everything but she just sat there and looked at me. I told her she was supposed to go to your place but she determined she didn't want to walk that far.

    Also also, Holly also likes to play in the bathtub for some reason. I wonder why that is, especially since cats stereotypically don't like water (Holly does not like water but likes to play in the tub with her little mice toys, most mornings I need to toss the mouse out of my tub).

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923198#Comment_2923198

    Pretty kitty!

    I didn't lie, I put the stamp on Holly and everything but she just sat there and looked at me. I told her she was supposed to go to your place but she determined she didn't want to walk that far.

    Also also, Holly also likes to play in the bathtub for some reason. I wonder why that is, especially since cats stereotypically don't like water (Holly does not like water but likes to play in the tub with her little mice toys, most mornings I need to toss the mouse out of my tub).

    Every single time I went to my godparents' house (they are kinda like grandparents to me, since 2 of them I never met, one died when I was 2 and the last one has dementia and barely remembers to eat), their cats LOVED the shower. Like, you open the bathroom door, and all of them jump in the shower. Idk why, but they're cute 😺

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923212#Comment_2923212

    Every single time I went to my godparents' house (they are kinda like grandparents to me, since 2 of them I never met, one died when I was 2 and the last one has dementia and barely remembers to eat), their cats LOVED the shower. Like, you open the bathroom door, and all of them jump in the shower. Idk why, but they're cute 😺

    My cat will just sit in front of the shower stall looking through the glass longingly like it's the promised land or something. When you let her in, she just flops over and sprawls out.

    It's funny that cats love showers since they almost always hate water.

  • I hope we can get individual representations in charms. It's still April, so perhaps we'll get more in June.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    What do the brown and black colours represent?

    First time I've seen them on a flag

    It's sort of the new, ever expanding 'pride flag', which seems to have Katamari'd stuff outside of identity criteria now.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923122#Comment_2923122

    IIRC they're there to represent the harsher struggles of lgbt+ poc (mostly black and mixed people?) and to help show that despite the issues within the community at large (with problems like racism, transphobia, and aroace exclusion being pretty massive for a community that's based on inclusion) they are noticed, valid, and accepted.

    But I could also be majorly wrong so if anyone knows for 100% sure and can correct me, please do.

    It is a little strange as an outsider, as previously the acronym/flag had to do with sexualities, then identities and now it seems to include ethnicities as well. At a certain point, I wonder if this is going to gradually rob this linguistic grouping of meaning via dilution - as the broader your category gets, the less precise it becomes and thus the less useful a signifier it is. As it stands, it's gone from representing a minority - to a majority if you look at things from a global standpoint.

    Doesn't really bother me, but it's certainly an interesting topic of discussion.

    What is frankly even more interesting is how much the flag is starting to resemble the South African flag.

    image.png

    @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923126#Comment_2923126

    In America they added everyone with a shade darker than the Spanish and Africans to try to create an Us vs Them (with more of a focus on "us" because there's a huge push for inclusion). I found it odd since it's unlawful to be homosexual in most of the world, but if you're a politician/business and you want that money you're going to be saying hey I'm on your side.

    Most of the world's population is not of European origin. I think Europeans are ~6% of the world pop? So the flag represents 70% of the world + the Europeans that like the flag. Of course it represents a lot of people. The only people not in there are people of Asian Heritage and Straight people. Now as a weeb I'm happy to be lumped in with Asia, I just wished they liked us as much as I like them.

    Spent most of my adult life in Asia. It's...different. Lots of positives, but lots of drawbacks. I had a blast (and very nearly wound up a lifer), but my wife had a very different experience as an African woman.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I love this argument so much!

    Because we totally aren't conditioned from the moment we are born that boys like girls (and vice versa) and you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend, get married, have babies grow old and die.

    Probably not best to say that it's being shoved down your throat when we have been drowning in "straight propaganda" from birth.

    I'm not sure if 'straight propaganda' is the correct term here. Most human couplings are done for the purpose of procreation. Now, there's nothing wrong at all with being attracted to the same sex, or having a slightly different identity - but it's not unexpected that the majority will view things through a straight lens - because the vast majority are straight.

    Propaganda implies some sort of dishonesty. And I don't think there's any intent to deceive here at all.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923141#Comment_2923141

    no i just know the context behind """straight pride""" and heterosexual people trying to force themselves into the lgbt+ acronym

    if you don't get the subtext from this comic then idk how to help you babes

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8PN2DRVQTMQK/image.png

    But...if the flag literally includes everything besides straight Caucasians (which it does now, unless my understanding of the colors is flawed) - doesn't it actually represent the majority of human beings now?

    image.png

    It's just a bit odd to me.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923122#Comment_2923122

    It's sort of the new, ever expanding 'pride flag', which seems to have Katamari'd stuff outside of identity criteria now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923126#Comment_2923126

    It is a little strange as an outsider, as previously the acronym/flag had to do with sexualities, then identities and now it seems to include ethnicities as well. At a certain point, I wonder if this is going to gradually rob this linguistic grouping of meaning via dilution - as the broader your category gets, the less precise it becomes and thus the less useful a signifier it is. As it stands, it's gone from representing a minority - to a majority if you look at things from a global standpoint.

    Doesn't really bother me, but it's certainly an interesting topic of discussion.

    What is frankly even more interesting is how much the flag is starting to resemble the South African flag.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1EGRC2Q8CB8T/image.png

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923183#Comment_2923183

    Spent most of my adult life in Asia. It's...different. Lots of positives, but lots of drawbacks. I had a blast (and very nearly wound up a lifer), but my wife had a very different experience as an African woman.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923165#Comment_2923165

    I'm not sure if 'straight propaganda' is the correct term here. Most human couplings are done for the purpose of procreation. Now, there's nothing wrong at all with being attracted to the same sex, or having a slightly different identity - but it's not unexpected that the majority will view things through a straight lens - because the vast majority are straight.

    Propaganda implies some sort of dishonesty. And I don't think there's any intent to deceive here at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923151#Comment_2923151

    But...if the flag literally includes everything besides straight Caucasians (which it does now, unless my understanding of the colors is flawed) - doesn't it actually represent the majority of human beings now?

    It's just a bit odd to me.

    Movements, like language, evolve overtime. "LGBT" has long since evolved to mean more than the sum of its parts, and no longer means what it literally means. But that'snot a bad thing.

    It might be more accurate to label LGBT as GSM-gender and sexual minority. It's not a stretch that a group that bands together in the face of biological discrimination would ally themselves with racial minorities.

    Black people face disproportionate consequences for being LGBT, bothfrom the general population as well astheir own people thanks to generations ofreligious brainwashing and conditioning. They deserve a spot, honestly.

  • I never bother with charms but if it makes you'll happy go to it.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I never bother with charms but if it makes you'll happy go to it.

    You should, the brighter the better!

    A streamer accused me of using bright charms not long ago to counter Boil Over apparantly...I never thought of that before Haha

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923322#Comment_2923322

    Movements, like language, evolve overtime. "LGBT" has long since evolved to mean more than the sum of its parts, and no longer means what it literally means. But that'snot a bad thing.

    It might be more accurate to label LGBT as GSM-gender and sexual minority. It's not a stretch that a group that bands together in the face of biological discrimination would ally themselves with racial minorities.

    Fair. I do understand some of the thought behind it.

    Where it gets a little strange to me is:

    • This isn't a USA flag. And outside of, what I'd guess I'd describe as 'The West', these aren't minorities. While including them may be well intentioned, if you look at things globally - you're including the majority of humans on this flag, and only essentially excluding straight Caucasians. This may not be intentional, but it's also...not good.
    • Including ethnicities with identities does connect them somewhat, which I'm not sure is a brilliant idea. The interests of a hypothetical oppressed ethnic minority are going to be different (and at times possibly even contradictory) to the interests of an oppressed sexual identity group (particularly when that ethnic minority is socially or religiously conservative).
    • The more wide-reaching your ideological grouping becomes, the more dilute it becomes - and thus the less useful it becomes when achieving goals.

    @thrawn3054 said:

    I never bother with charms but if it makes you'll happy go to it.

    I've got some I use (I love the 'crow' charms and the spider ones) but yeah, they are by far the least important cosmetic for me.

    @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923337#Comment_2923337

    You should, the brighter the better!

    A streamer accused me of using bright charms not long ago to counter Boil Over apparantly...I never thought of that before Haha

    I got bollocked out in postgame the other day for including all the spider charms on my hooks - apparently they made someone wiggly IRL.

  • I think it's about solidarity between minority groups, which is a good thing, imo.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923337#Comment_2923337

    You should, the brighter the better!

    A streamer accused me of using bright charms not long ago to counter Boil Over apparantly...I never thought of that before Haha

    Don't see a point in them.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I think it's about solidarity between minority groups, which is a good thing, imo.

    These aren't minority groups anymore though. Unless you're talking exclusively in the USA/UK.

    image.png

    Even if you separate Indian-Asian from SE Asian, Caucasians are still third and not far off fourth.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923361#Comment_2923361

    These aren't minority groups anymore though. Unless you're talking exclusively in the USA/UK.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8NSMOB35BUQJ/image.png

    Even if you separate Indian-Asian from SE Asian, Caucasians are still third and not far off fourth.

    I was speaking to the US/EU more than globally, yeah. And obviously the term minority is subjective depending on where you are, but my clear impression is that these flags are primarily displayed in regions where they (as individual demographics) are minorities. Is that not accurate?

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923399#Comment_2923399

    I was speaking to the US/EU more than globally, yeah. And obviously the term minority is subjective depending on where you are, but my clear impression is that these flags are primarily displayed in regions where they (as individual demographics) are minorities. Is that not accurate?

    Primarily? I'm not sure.

    New York or Montreal? Yes.

    San Francisco or London? No.

    As you move out of the USA/UK/Aus, it shifts further. DbD is pretty big in Japan and definitely has a fair amount of Chinese players, for instance.

    Honestly, the new 'progress' flag feels like a well intentioned mistake to me. If I were a 'progressive', I'd worry that I'm giving people on the far right a ton of ammunition - as it really does appear that not only are you excluding straight Caucasian males, you're only excluding straight Caucasian males.

    As per the comic earlier in the thread, the 'clubhouse' has become the size of the planet.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923436#Comment_2923436

    Primarily? I'm not sure.

    New York or Montreal? Yes.

    San Francisco or London? No.

    As you move out of the USA/UK/Aus, it shifts further. DbD is pretty big in Japan and definitely has a fair amount of Chinese players, for instance.

    Honestly, the new 'progress' flag feels like a well intentioned mistake to me. If I were a 'progressive', I'd worry that I'm giving people on the far right a ton of ammunition - as it really does appear that not only are you excluding straight Caucasian males, you're only excluding straight Caucasian males.

    As per the comic earlier in the thread, the 'clubhouse' has become the size of the planet.

    "As per the comic earlier in the thread, the 'clubhouse' has become the size of the planet."

    Is it really that much a problem if means people will accept that there is more than 1 way to live a life?

    And I wouldn't say that anyone is being excluded. You dont have to be LGBTq+ to be an ally.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923436#Comment_2923436

    Primarily? I'm not sure.

    New York or Montreal? Yes.

    San Francisco or London? No.

    As you move out of the USA/UK/Aus, it shifts further. DbD is pretty big in Japan and definitely has a fair amount of Chinese players, for instance.

    Honestly, the new 'progress' flag feels like a well intentioned mistake to me. If I were a 'progressive', I'd worry that I'm giving people on the far right a ton of ammunition - as it really does appear that not only are you excluding straight Caucasian males, you're only excluding straight Caucasian males.

    As per the comic earlier in the thread, the 'clubhouse' has become the size of the planet.

    It's imperfect, but I don't really have a problem with it.

    I have a lot of other thoughts, but I've already gotten far more socio-political today than I ever intended to on this forum.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923436#Comment_2923436

    Primarily? I'm not sure.

    New York or Montreal? Yes.

    San Francisco or London? No.

    As you move out of the USA/UK/Aus, it shifts further. DbD is pretty big in Japan and definitely has a fair amount of Chinese players, for instance.

    Honestly, the new 'progress' flag feels like a well intentioned mistake to me. If I were a 'progressive', I'd worry that I'm giving people on the far right a ton of ammunition - as it really does appear that not only are you excluding straight Caucasian males, you're only excluding straight Caucasian males.

    As per the comic earlier in the thread, the 'clubhouse' has become the size of the planet.

    The flag is a symbol for people who are oppressed not those who are oppressing. That the flag stands in solodarity with minorities does not lessen this fact, because in nations of mainly coloured people the flag and its message is now excluding the oppressors in that region/country. In rwanda it could be straight cis colored people in iran it would not include the power structure there. The fact that the default is white cis male is because thats the ones who has done the oppressing in western contries (and all across the globe) for alot of our modern history. The colors is a reminder of our unity and thus a symbol of opposition to opprerssion.


    Worrying that something gives to much ammo to a group who literally invents ######### to blame on a minority is honestly playing right in to their hands, because they will never be satisfied beacuase of homophobia or racism or whatever. Even your point of "only excluding white traight cis people" Reads alot like a problem that noone but those people actually has.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923481#Comment_2923481

    It's imperfect, but I don't really have a problem with it.

    I have a lot of other thoughts, but I've already gotten far more socio-political today than I ever intended to on this forum.

    No worries. I've actually had some decent discussions on these boards - at least it's not Twitter :).

    @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923481#Comment_2923481

    "As per the comic earlier in the thread, the 'clubhouse' has become the size of the planet."

    Is it really that much a problem if means people will accept that there is more than 1 way to live a life?

    And I wouldn't say that anyone is being excluded. You dont have to be LGBTq+ to be an ally.

    Again, I'm not putting forward my own opinion exactly, more how I could see it being taken by people outside of the modern blogo/activisto sphere.

    Each of those stripes and structures has a specific meaning - it's the standard pride flag, but with black and brown stripes to represent 'black and brown' ethnic groups (I'm not sure if 'minority' is the correct term) and the triangular 'trans' flag, structured as to 'centralize' black and brown people at the intersection between the other minority identities.

    Which color represents 'ally', exactly?

    My own opinion on it (as the resident forum grumpy elderly centrist) is that all of this is silly, (mostly) well intentioned and harmless - but that at a certain, and rapidly approaching point it's going to become counterproductive. Even within progressive movements, it's pretty controversial, whether for being 'too inclusive' (ie. not expressly excluding the police, capitalists, etc. not to mention certain religions):

    Since its debut, the symbol has had several redesigns in the name of inclusion. But some fear that the changes are merely for the sake of branding, absent material steps toward real equality.


    Or because it plays hob with the original meaning (now you have two stripes representing race, while the rest are sexuality related):

    The black and brown stripes on Philadelphia’s new rainbow flag are inspiring hope in some and anger in others.


    Or because the new flag is viewed by some progressives as deliberately reductive and divisive (and a particularly 'yikes' association made by the creator of the new flag):

    Or will the old one work just fine?

    While others have gone on to claim that it's not inclusive enough - as by including the brown and black stripes, it excludes asians. It also seems to be a bit out of date, as the newer flags contain a circle within the leftmost chevron to represent intersex.

    image.png

    And this is where I think a lot of people throw up their hands and go 'yeah, I'm lost'.

    @かわいいをアラシ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923481#Comment_2923481

    The flag is a symbol for people who are oppressed not those who are oppressing. That the flag stands in solodarity with minorities does not lessen this fact, because in nations of mainly coloured people the flag and its message is now excluding the oppressors in that region/country. In rwanda it could be straight cis colored people in iran it would not include the power structure there. The fact that the default is white cis male is because thats the ones who has done the oppressing in western contries (and all across the globe) for alot of our modern history. The colors is a reminder of our unity and thus a symbol of opposition to opprerssion.

    Worrying that something gives to much ammo to a group who literally invents ######### to blame on a minority is honestly playing right in to their hands, because they will never be satisfied beacuase of homophobia or racism or whatever. Even your point of "only excluding white traight cis people" Reads alot like a problem that noone but those people actually has.

    Let's not start sliding down the 'white people are the historical oppressors' slope, because that never ends well.

    Humans were the historical oppressors -basically everyone that could reach out and engage in a bit of casual conquest did so. That's most of the history of our species.

    Basically everyone has been, at some point, an 'oppressor', which is why I see this sort of divisiveness as dangerous and wrongminded.

    Also - it's one thing to have a minority representative group (that by it's nature excludes the majority), and a majority representative group that deliberately excludes a specific minority. There's...actually a word for that, and it's not a good one.

  • I would've preferred a customizable pride charm that can be edited into any pride flag would be cool to use the bi flag

  • Dinah is getting sick (both literally and figuratively) of homophobes

    20211225_184803.jpg


  • I'd love an ace charm myself... Also, since we are sharing things to keep this positive, here is one of my favorite Ace memes.


    239532715_10159475211209901_4552179371528918562_n.jpg


  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    I'd love an ace charm myself... Also, since we are sharing things to keep this positive, here is one of my favorite Ace memes.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UDIE1ANALJX1/239532715-10159475211209901-4552179371528918562-n.jpg

    As a fellow Ace, I appreciate this on my thread. Thank you.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Dinah is getting sick (both literally and figuratively) of homophobes

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/THX9NBUR6CWQ/20211225-184803.jpg

    and you never shared dinah pictures before ??

  • Very few people post pictures of their pets even though I specifically request everyone to share pictures 😑

    If you have a pet, I want to see them damn it!!!!

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923749#Comment_2923749

    Very few people post pictures of their pets even though I specifically request everyone to share pictures 😑

    If you have a pet, I want to see them damn it!!!!

    sadly i do not yet possess one

  • 20220424_014455.jpg

    @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923749#Comment_2923749

    Very few people post pictures of their pets even though I specifically request everyone to share pictures 😑

    If you have a pet, I want to see them damn it!!!!

    I mean if you insist.

  • also back on topic for a second... i love this

    image.png


  • Well when you do, I expect a picture! Don't make me Facecamp it out of you, I'll do it!!!

    I do insist and I appreciate it!

    @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923786#Comment_2923786

    Does my beard count? It's about the size of a small terrier.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923829#Comment_2923829

    Sigh.

    No, you're being divisive by cherrypicking historical facts.

    The British, French, Spanish, Arab, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese were for the most part the only groups that engaged in international conquest because they had seagoing capability, and nobody else really did for a while. But I'm not sure why you make a distinction between conquest over the ocean and conquest within Africa - considering that the distance covered by the Bantu expansion is more than most of the sea-routes you are talking about. Conquest is conquest, and the end result is much the same - whether it was the British pushing the San out of the Cape or the Bantus pushing the San out of the Midlands.

    Apartheid was Jim Crow by another name, and that was just bog standard segregation. It was bad, but probably more humane for the most part than genocide or caste systems, which were the equivalent in other countries at the time. Apartheid is both a complicated issue and one that I know a great deal about, so we can get into that one more if you'd like.

    And no, I think that - these days - people who obsess over histories that we can do nothing to change and were also how we ended up with the increasingly diverse and prosperous planet...yes, those are the people being divisive. All it does is set up further cycles of injustice - if you want to oppress your former oppressors, in a generation they will come back and oppress you in turn.

    We need to put history where it belongs.

    In the past.

    Then we need to get over race as a concept, or at least relegate it to the same moral relevancy as we do hair color or handedness.

    Then we need to get into space, which will be where most of our other issues fix themselves.

    That does not count. Any animals are acceptable but it does have to be an animal of some kind, not part of you.

β€Ή 1 2